The State of Ranked Gold Players

I used to think that when I started, Gold players were kind of good. Not the best of course, but knew their mechanics and had basic map awareness. After playing a lot of ranked recently, I've come to the conclusion that in my matches at least, the G 4 - G 3 have a player base amongst them which are pretty awful. I've had games where they just seem to be unaware that Tryndamere has an ult which stops him from dieing for a bit. Games where they are surprised Malph can get 6 and abuse them if they are not ready. Games in which they walk in front of a Blitz or Thresh etc and don't expect to be hooked. Then spam the usual missing symbols because you didn't save them. In game I tend to think they must be new to the game. Then I look them up post game and they are nearly always Silver 1 or low Gold. I'm seeing this more and more as I play and slowly crawl from my initial low Silver placement up to higher Silver. In fact the low Silver high Bronze games had people who were more aware of the game mechanics and the games were more enjoyable. I'm not sure how this is happening. Doe anybody else find this anomaly? {{sticker:sg-janna}}
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel