Need help getting out of bronze thinking

Hi there I'm going to try and keep it short and sweet. I am B3 at the moment and I've been playing support and with friends for most of the year so I am really confused on what to do when I play a damage dealer (mid assassin/mage and adc in bot) and I've come to the conclusion that I really lost my touch with those 2 roles. That aside, I'm trying to figure out how I should act when I'm thinking my teammates are making bad macro decisions when I play solo; should I join their decision or go my own way? The main thing I'm referring to is when an objective, like a turret, is open for the taking, but they are farting around in the jungle or keep on going to the opposite side of the map when nothing is to be lost or won. They also seem to have no concept of understanding to stall the game to help others catch up, it's always spawn and go look for fights. I know there are times when you have to do it, especially if you are facing late game gods, but there are a lot of times where you have to do everything you can to stall and let your teammates catch up. I know that I am bad and I am trying to find out where I am going wrong. At this moment I really have little to no confidence in my games, feeling like a fish out of water most of the time trying to relearn the stuff I once knew and also trusting my teammates to do what they are supposed to do, but the worst for me is that I am really objective orientated and I get pissed off seeing open objectives that other people can and should take, but just don't do it, and then, as the adc, I get hammered because I'm taking a turret when all they should do is stall them defending ours, but they then engage and start a fight and flame me for not being part of their fights. I am utterly useless in team fights because they are so focussed on the enemy that they couldn't care less about the ones getting through or past them to me and then I get flamed for attacking the bruiser/tank, while they are not seeing that the bruiser/tank is busy killing me. That is why I rather push lanes/objectives and stay out of fights. Wow, it is longer than I thought it would be. Anyway, my point is this, I am playing ranked to improve, not so much to climb. I know I have a lot to learn, but I want to learn how to think properly in the situations I'm in. When I play with friends we play strategic and we are focussed on playing in such a way to take objectives (turrets, dragons, and baron) easier, but I fear that I have started to fall into this chaos way of playing and I have no idea how to get rid of it. So my question is, should I stick with my team the whole time or should I push the objectives? Is it a question of following the saying "When in Rome, do as the Romans do"? I can barely trust them in the best of situations, let alone during hard times.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel