Thoughts on Master Yi's current state.

Hi guys i'm a high Diamond one trick pony Master Yi main in the EUW server and i want to talk about Yi's current state and how he got to this point. I would like to start from patch 6.6 in which {{champion:11}} Wuju Style got changed: E- Wuju Style Active bonus true damage increased to 12 / 19 / 26 / 33 / 40 from 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 AD ratio changed to (+ 25% Bonus AD) from (+ 10 / 12.5 / 15 / 17.5 / 20% AD) This change made it so that Bruiser Master Yi worked worse and Sterak's Gage was pretty much useless on him because of the BONUS AD scaling instead of TOTAL AD, this change was appropiate because back in 6.6 Yi had way too much damage only relying on Devourer/Rageblade. In patch 6.8 Highlander also got nerfed: R - Highlander COOLDOWN 75 seconds ⇒ 85 seconds DURATION 10 seconds ⇒ 7 seconds EXTENSION ON KILL OR ASSIST 4 seconds ⇒ 7 seconds This made Yi a lot worse in splitpushing situations because 7 seconds weren't enough to 1v1 a tank and the higher cooldown on Highlander totally sucked. I want to remind that these changes were done because Yi had way too much damage with Sated Devourer + Wuju Style and Guinsoo's Rageblade and i totally agree on that one,what i'm complaining about are the 6.9 changes. In patch 6.9 Devourer got removed and replaced by Bloodrazor,followed by a complete rework of Rageblade,this turned yi into the lowest win rate jungler in the whole game. Now: Highlander/Wuju style changes haven't been reverted and nowadays Yi has a really hard time dealing with the other junglers. Master Yi has no gank potential in the early game,even if Yi is a "farming jungler" the jungle doesn't allow him to farm as much because of the high respawn timers and because of this he really struggles with having a decent early game. Master Yi has so little pressure when compared to the other junglers,this used to be ok because we could compensate the lack of pressure/ganks with a lot of farm,just like {{champion:102}} does nowadays(7.17). I would really like the Highlander changes to be reverted so that {{champion:11}} would become the splitpusher he used to be,with only 7 second Highlander he can't even 1v1 a tank... I know Riot has a really hard time balancing this champion because of the differences between the elos he is played in. Make Yi great again.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel