I know this post will probably get a shitton of downvotes from fanboys who won't even bother reading, but will downvote just for the title. But for those who actually decide to read, thanks i guess?
I have about 100 hours on dota, but I just couldn't get used to it. I like league gameplay much more even with all its cons and downsides.
But one thing I can say about my short experience with Dota is:
• No crashes, no bugs, no _broken clients, launchers, friendlists, patchers, etc_..
• Extremely fast and responsive " _client_"
• Extremely fast game load times (all files are preloaded)
• Option to abandon game if you get an AFK (instead of being kept hostage by that one player who thinks we can win)
• If you do end up with an AFK, but decide to keep playing, the game will give you a higher gold income to compensate for your disadvantage of having one less player.
• Voice chat (it works believe it or not and isn't constantly filled with raging toxic kids)
• No need for chat restrictions, if you are a toxic player, afker, inter you'll end up in a low priority queue with players like yourself. (You have to WIN games in low priority queue, not just play them)
You're telling me that after 10 years you can't make a working, optimized client?
You got a lot to learn Riot.