**THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED!
**Thank you to everyone who took part, there are some really awesome entries and it's going to be hard to pick a shortlist... nevertheless that is what we must now do. Please be patient as it will take at least a week to get the shortlist to you all and open the voting, but watch for a new post when voting is announced! Good luck everyone!**
With Pyke’s imminent arrival on the Rift and all eyes turning to Bilgewater, we wanted to give our excellent EU community the chance to let their creativity emerge from the depths of ~~the treacherous sea~~ their imagination. So, welcome to the League of Legends Fanfiction contest!
We are challenging you to come up with a short story **based on a Bilgewater theme**.
We have created a [new Fan Fiction board](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/fan-fiction) for you to be able to submit your entries and read each other’s stories - full details on how to enter below.
* Submissions must include at least one League of Legends champion and feature Bilgewater in some way.
* Submissions must be no longer than 1000 words. There is no minimum word limit.
* You may only enter this contest once! We want you to show off your best possible piece of work.
* Submissions must be created and written entirely by you and for this contest - this is a chance to show off your own creativity!
* Submissions must be written in English, as this is a competition run by the Riot UK office.
* You must be on the EUW or EUNE server to enter.
* Submissions must be appropriate for players of all ages!
**How will winners be selected?
All entries will be read by the Riot UK office and we will create a shortlist of 5 entries based on:
* Creativity: Hard to quantify, but how creative your entry is and how well you have portrayed the world of League of Legends in your writing.
* Theme: your story must feature at least one League of Legends champion and the Bilgewater region in some way. Besides this we will look at how you have interpreted the theme.
* Grammar: Nobody’s writing is perfect, and the odd spelling mistake shouldn’t detract from a good story. However we need to be able to get through your story without too much confusion!
Once the shortlist has been decided, voting will open up to the community and it is then down to you to pick your winners!
**How to Submit?
Once your masterpiece is complete and ready to share with the community, head over to the newly-created Fan Fiction board [here](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/fan-fiction) and create a new thread with your entry (make sure it’s formatted so it’s easy to read).
We’d love everyone to get involved and head over to the Fanfiction board and give each other feedback and support on entries.
Competition opens 15th May 2018 and closes at 10pm BST on Friday 1st June 2018. The shortlist will then be revealed to the community for final voting shortly after this date.
* 1st Place: 5000 RP + Pyke and skin set
* 2nd Place: 3000 RP + Pyke
* 3rd Place: 2500 RP
Here at Riot we we are first and foremost players ourselves, and in that spirit I couldn’t help but give the prompt a go myself! You can check out my fan fiction attempt in the new board [here](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/fan-fiction/RM1gpAuq-bilgewater-fan-fiction-contest-example-a-quiet-day-in-bilgewater).
But don’t let me have all the fun! Head over there and get involved, and we look forward to reading your Bilgewater stories soon...
Hey everyone! I just wanted to add an edit for clarification - when we say the community will vote for the winners, that doesn't mean through upvoting / downvoting as you post entries on the board. Riot UK will pick five shortlisted stories after the closing date and then a separate voting system for those will be put in place with every player entitled to one vote each. So don't worry about current votes on your entries! I hope that helps :)