I hope with this post I can finally get help or at least a reaction from Riot Games for all the players that are struggling with the FPS problems right now, it's serious and getting worse. I love that game, the hard work Riot Games puts in that game and how the game envolved over the years. But with Patch 8.7 it came to a point, where I think its unacceptable and a real shame for Riot Games to provide such a poor experience to its players.
Since Patch 7.22 I recognise that my FPS in League of Legends become worse and worse. It started from dropping from 144 FPS (Framerate capped because Im using a 144HZ monitor) to 140, sometimes below, but the drops were not high or did cause problems to the gameplay experience at that point.
**Hardware specification of my system:**
[Screenshot from Piriform Speccy](https://ibb.co/k9A5ux)
**Important first observation:** In other games no perfomance changes were recognised in the same time (Mafia 3, GTA5, Overwatch). No hardware changes werde made to the system or the settings of League of Legends. The drivers for the components are up to date, the power settings are set to max perfomance and the tests were done with no programs like the browser, spotify or anything else running in the background.
**Important second observation:** So after the FPS drops became more and worse, I started to take look in the support forums of NA and EU, and tons of others had the same problem, the links to those threads can be found below. The reaction of riot was related to Patch 7.22 and 7.23 (first link in the list below) after that I found no more reaction from an official riot employee in the forums.
**A selection of threads related to the fps problem:**
* [Update on Fps Issues in 7.22 and 7.23](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support/lZv6E2Xz-update-on-fps-issues-in-722-and-723?sort_type=recent)
* [FPS drop after patch 8.4](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support/pZGHrV59-fps-drop-after-patch-84)
* [drastic FPS drop right after patch 8.4](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support/lkIv6dGo-drastic-fps-drop-right-after-patch-84)
* [FPS low / game not as fluid PATCH 8.6](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support/joVc8eOd-fps-low-game-not-as-fluid-patch-86)
* [Am I supposed to have 80-90 fps (as low as 40 in teamfights) with 1060 6gb?](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support-en/18NIWZEl-am-i-supposed-to-have-80-90-fps-as-low-as-40-in-teamfights-with-1060-6gb)
* [FPS drop](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support-en/PMsBs1Zx-fps-drop)
* [FPS drop (screen freeze) once per game every game](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support-en/KAxO2L27-fps-drop-screen-freeze-once-per-game-every-game)
* [Random FPS drops since 8.6](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support-en/Zpye99Hp-random-fps-drops-since-86)
* [Low FPS or random FPS drops?](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support-en/YvJtLodl-low-fps-or-random-fps-drops)
* [Riot April Fools us with FPS DROPS :'( FIX FPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support-en/AW4ULJEe-riot-april-fools-us-with-fps-drops-fix-fpsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss)
* [FPS issues and Leagues optimization](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support-en/HA7A7AIo-fps-issues-and-leagues-optimization)
* [FPS starts dropping, it reaches unplayable amounts after a few games](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support-en/UfMN7fqO-fps-starts-dropping-it-reaches-unplayable-amounts-after-a-few-games)
* [fps drops 8.6](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support-en/JP8EMZeP-fps-drops-86)
* [FPS Drop after patch 8.4](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support-en/yJpGLjoJ-fps-drop-after-patch-84)
* [Patch 8.7 has destroyed my ability to play](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support-en/gZEImolM-patch-87-has-destroyed-my-ability-to-play)
* [FPS drop](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/help-support-en/PMsBs1Zx-fps-drop)
**Important third observation:** I changed all the settings to low in the ingame menu to test if this problem is related to the high settings, I played 3 games with those settings, the fps did not change, so it seems like the problem at least on my setup is not related due too weak hardware.
**Important fourth observation:** Today Patch 8.7 was released, I was happy when downloading it like every patch with the hope that those issues would be fixed. The bad suprise came by the start of the first game. Normally I started with having 144 FPS until the first minions reached my lane, then it dropped to 100-120, but was stable at that value, even during teamfights in the lategame. Now my game starts with 120 FPS, droping to 80-90 when minions reach the lane. The experience and picture is now really sloppy and blurry, not really a pleasure to watch it on screen or even play with it.
**Important fifth observation:** Before I bought a new GPU (GTX 1060, 6GB). I played on a GTX 460, even that card was providing constant 144FPS in the game. It seems like the problem is not related to the performance of the cards or hardware but to something else.
So what is the goal of my thread? Bashing on Riot Games? That is the last thing I want to achieve here. I love their work and efforts they put into this great game. I just want to a reaction from them, when this problem finally gets fixed. Its been out there for quit a while now and it's a serious problem for many players out there at the moment and I think Riot Games really needs to fix this.
So I really hope someone of RIOT Games reacts to this and can finally clearify how this problem will get solved and handled, it just became frustrating to play League of Legends and have to fear every patch to make your game experience more worse than before. If I can provide any help by sending data or testing something e.g. on the PBE Server, Im glad and happy to help you in any way to solve this issue.
So thank you and have a nice day.
**UPDATE 1, 4.4.2018:** After the advice I got from one of the users in this thread I created a support ticket with the information given in this thread, if Riot Games responds to this ticket, I will provide the information as update in this thread.
**UPDATE 2, 4.4.2018:** It did not take 10 minutes until an riot employee was responding to my ticket, that is really a fast reaction, very nice to see! He told me to do the following:
>"Sometimes it's necessary to make some modifications to exploit the whole power of your graphic card. Go to the Nvidia panel in the tab "Manage your 3d settings" and put everything to default except Power, choose "Maximum performance" and do not deactivate the vertical sync but choose "Let the program choose". Then, go to "Configure Surround and PhysX" and untick "Extend surround display" in case of multiples moniteurs in the left tab, and in the right tab "PhysX settings", force your GTX as process unit and not as automatic."
The result for me was, the FPS right at the game start went back to 140, that was an improvement, but with moving towards the lane and start of the laning phase the FPS drops occured and the problem remains. I provided him with screenshots for my settings, ingame settings and screenshots with FPS ingame. I will keep you updated if there is a new reaction.
**UPDATE 3, 4.4.2018:** On this [Patch 8.7 Bug Megathread](https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/89r062/patch_87_bug_megathread/) Koalifier from Riot Games posted the following:
>"Thanks for the report! We've got a fix on the way that should significantly improve FPS. Hopefully we'll have it on live in the next day or two." Going back to last patch numbers. We caught a very bad performance degradation in testing yesterday as the patch was being deployed. We've got the fix ready, but deploying it globally takes some time. It's a top priority to get it out right away. We are looking for other improvements to FPS overall, this is more of a "don't make it worse" fix."
So it seems like Riot Games is doing something about our problem, let's just hope it finally fixes the whole FPS problems! :)
**UPDATE 4, 5.4.2018:** Another employee of Riot Games gave me a reply on the support ticket and was asking for the logs created by the hextech repair tool, I provided those logs and now I'm waiting for a response. In the meantime I asked Koalifier on reddit if he can tell us a date for the release of the hotfix, waiting for a response there too.
**UPDATE 5, 6.4.2018:** I got a response from Koalifier on reddit, he wrote the following:
> It should be going out today, barring any issues with the deployment.
**UPDATE 6, 6.4.2018:** The hotfix seems to be live, League at least runs for me acceptable again (i7 2600K, GTX 1060, 6GB, 8GB Ram) On laning phase and large fights 105-120FPS and no problems with blurry or sloppy images. It would be nice if everyone with that problem can confirm the improvement or if it did not work for him.
So there seems to be hope that at least the latest FPS problems caused by 8.x patches will get solved today and we can enjoy playing the game over the weekend.