I discovered what makes such a big performance drop

We all know that since the new UI came (patch 6.22 I believe), and many of the pre-season 7 changes. Many people with older hardware started experiencing really bad FPS drops (And complaining about it on the boards). Even I did, on a PC I use mainly for Web browsing/League/CS:GO eventually. PC Specs: - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (Stock clock @ 2x 2.2 ghz) - 4 GB DDR2 800 mhz Dual-Channel ram - Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS 512 MB GDDR2 Before those patches came, I never had FPS drops, played with these settings: - 800x600 (Custom resolution set via config) - Very High character textures - Medium environment textures - Medium graphical effects - Vsync - Off - Character inking - Off - Uncapped FPS Played with a steady 60-70 frames, which would drop to 40-50 in teamfights Changing in-game settings didn't change much, even setting all values to their lowest, nothing improved. Now, on this PC, when a shitload of minions is on the map, the FPS would drastically reduce, even remaining a constant 20-30 fps when no action is happening, but there are a lot of allied/enemy minions rendering. This wasn't the case before. In teamfights under those conditions, it's basically unplayable 10-20 fps. I reckon Riot improved the minion AI, more complex thinking and mechanics, which in return put quite the strain on the CPU, and that's what's causing these major FPS drops lately. I think Riot should update their minimum requirements required to play the game properly. **Minimum requirements** • ~~2 GHz processor (supporting SSE2 instruction set or higher)~~ **Core2Duo E6400/AMD Athlon II X2 250 or equivalent** • ~~Shader version 2.0 capable video card~~ **Nvidia GeForce 8800/AMD Radeon 5570 (Or similar) with atleast 512 mb of vram** • ~~1 GB RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista and newer)~~ **2 gigs should be the minimum since the new client came, which eats up to 1 gig of ram when doing nothing ** **Hopefully a Rioter can have a look at this thread and tell players what happened with the minions that they cause such performance issues.** **Remember that this is happening only with older hardware, I have no issues whatsoever playing league on my main rig, and neither should you** GL Hf summoners.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel