For the past couple of days , League client refuses to let me log in. It verifies the password , and is then stuck at the "Authenticating..." or "Loading ... " events. This has been happening intermittently over the last week, and I thought it was from my end. FWIW, I was playing comfortably until 23rd December.
And whenever I managed to log in , the client would bug out during champ select , showing no runes and refusing to let me change ward skins. (https://imgur.com/a/qF9Dk)
If, miraculously, the game managed to start, it would never show a "Victory" or "Defeat" button at the end , and just crash. Luckily, for me, I am only spamming bot games to complete missions for events.
Googling showed atleast ten different threads in the EUW boards, more in NA boards, and far more in the EUNE, about the same issue over the past week. So it can't be my ISP.
I tried all the suggestions mentioned in those:
1) Hextech Repair Tool found nothing wrong. Everything was already added to the firewall to begin with. I still did a repatch.
2) Changed my password. No effect.
3) Only use Microsoft Windows Essentials in Windows 7 x64. Folder added to exclusion list. No effect. Windows Update is manually done once every month, so that's definitely not an issue.
4) Flushed DNS, renewed IP. It was already set to Google's DNS anyways. No change. Restarted the router too.
5) I can see the text (green) in https://lqak.euw1.lol.riotgames.com/login-queue/ as well. Going to https://lqak.euw1.lol.riotgames.com/login-queue/rest/queues/lol/authenticate/RSO or https://lqak.eun1.lol.riotgames.com/login-queue/rest/queues/lol/authenticate/RSO shows an HTTP error 400.
6) Synced the Windows date and time, but there was nothing wrong there to begin with.
7) I can see the configuration text at https://auth.riotgames.com/.well-known/openid-configuration (https://pastebin.com/cEs98Mfj)
It seems that whenever I am unable to connect to authentication service, and close the client, the process does not exit, and can be seen in the Windows Task Manager.
Similar threads over the last week:
Riot Daguava on the NA Boards is helping people out with the authentication issues, so I'm hoping he sees this.
Leagueclient logs at https://pastebin.com/ZDWgPP2P