New Players Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

#Index: Q: How long would it take me to get to level 30? Q: Which Champions are the best? Q: Which is the best position and which one should I go for? Q: Which Champion should I buy? Q: Can I learn how to play all the positions? Q: Don't you think that having only 2 Rune pages at the beginning is a bit too restrictive? Q: OK, so which runes are the essential ones to get? Q: What About masteries? Q: When to start playing Ranked games and what do I need to start? Q: What is the easiest way to get better fast as a beginner? Q: Anything else you would recommend for a new player? Q: Are there any other resources you can provide me with? **Q: How long would it take me to get to level 30?** >**A:** That largely depends on how much you play. It can range between about a month and couple of months. XP boosts might speed up the process, but I will advise against it, as the 1-30 levelling process is crucial for your game understanding. If you get to level 30 too fast you might start getting better opponents, for which you wouldn't be equipped with the proper knowledge to deal with. That could lead to a lot of consecutive losses and frustration. **Q: Which Champions are the best and are the more expensive ones better?** >**A:** It might not be the answer you are looking for, but all champions are good in their respective niche, and there is hardly a single or even a set of Best Champions. While some champions could fit more then one role, or work good in more scenarios than others, League of Legends is a highly dynamic game, and with each patch some champions rise in popularity, while others drop. Champion price mainly reveals when a certain champion got available first. Older champions are cheaper than the newer ones. **Q: Which is the best position and which one should I go for?** >**A:** As with the previous question, and even more so in this case - there is no best position! The answer to this question is much more easier though! You should play the one that you personally find more suitable for you. Just play in each position, until you find which one suits you the most, and then go for it! Don't forget to try new stuff as well. If you want to play ranked games, it is essential that you know how to play at least in two different positions. **Q: Which Champion should I buy?** >**A: **That's quite a common question. The answer here is, whichever you would like to have the most! There are different ways on deciding, but in the end, you will probably end up having all the champions you've wanted, so just choose the one that suits your play-style the most. **Q: Can I learn how to play all the positions?** >**A:** Yes, you can, although it would be really hard to keep them at the same level of proficiency. Most of the player-base can play only 2 to 3 positions, and there are very few that keep the same level of play in 3 or more positions. A lot of the professional players can't play all of the positions to the same extent as their preferred ones. **Q: Don't you think that having only 2 Rune pages at the beginning is a bit too restrictive?** >**A:** Having only 2 rune pages might seem a bit harsh at the beginning, but ensures that you wont go on a rampage of buying runes and essentially wasting IP on too much runes. 2 rune pages are more then enough for new players, and even some players that are in the top ranks still have 2 pages. Overall - don't worry about it - it is fine! **Q: OK, so which runes are the essential ones to get?** >**A:** Seals - 9 flat armour seals; Marks - 9 Attack Damage Marks, and 9 Magic Penetration Marks; Glyphs - 9 Flat Magic resist Glyphs; Quintessence Runes - 3 Attack Damage Quints and 3 Ability Power Quints. **Q: What About masteries? ** >**A:** Unlike Runes, you can edit your masteries between games. Which Masteries should you choose? That depends on the role you are playing and on the specific champion. Usually champions that are built highly offensive go 18/12/0 or 12/18/0. More defensive champions usually go with 12/0/18 or 0/12/18. Your aim, when investing your mastery points, is to get those that supplement your role/champion the most. **Q: When to start playing Ranked games and what would I need?** >**A:** There has always been a debate on that one. Generally, if you have the full 2 essential rune pages, can play at least 2 roles with at least 2/3 champions in each, and you would really like to play competitive LoL - go for it! Be prepared, your initial placement would probably around Bronze, but there is nothing bad about it. Don't get disappointed if you lose most of your games initially, that is also normal. **Q: What is the easiest way to get better fast as a beginner?** >**A:** As a beginner, your skill will drastically improve just by playing! If you are a fresh newbie, just play a lot. Later, when you feel that you are not improving, or at least very slowly so, there are other ways to enhance your game-play. Playing ARAM games, watching professional games, following popular streamers, reading guides and whatnot. For now, just spam those normal games! **Q: Anything else you would recommend for a new player?** >**A:** Don't give up! League could be frustrating at times, and the learning curve could be a bit rough, but don't get discouraged! Get some rest between games, read some guides, ask questions and push forward! **Q: Are there any other resources you can provide me with?** >**A:** Yes, there would be series of a bit more advanced guides published every Monday and Thursday on the Champions and Gameplay board and you are encouraged to check them out as soon as you feel ready for some new and sometimes challenging information. The first part is just out - check it out [here](http://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/champions-gameplay-en/nXr1BXc5-part-1-why-is-everyone-on-my-team-so-bad)! Hope it helps! The Instructors.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel