Riot empowers trolls and baiters into getting their victims restricted

First off, before providing the list of the miscommunication as given to me by Riot there needs to be a bit of background. Mind you, it was because of this one game and one chat sheet only that I am being set back to honor 0 for, but first a moment of backstory. I am a gold (plat MMR sometime) toplane/jungler main. I usually play to win by tryharding and not really caring much about chat. Back in late 2017 / early 2018 I had lost my patience towards a number of intentional feeders, and it heavily reflected on the communication that ensued between me and them - I was given the due penalty and set back to honor 0. Playing until two days ago when this occurred, I had decided to legitimately improve myself, despite the (many) odds and personalities this game likes to fill your matches with. More than 300 days had passed of me turning a new leaf - missing entirely on the last season's rewards (gold 1 placement) was a blow for sure, but nothing I would lament over too long; and yet, during this entire time, despite a multitude of honors earned every game, I never had once climbed out of honor 0. A year passed and everything was where it began. Friends of mine suggested the system to be actually bugged for such a suspension from loot/keys to never be lifted, but even so, I refused to make a ticket about it, especially since I'd been on the 3/3 checkpoint for a month or so. All that, culminates to a game that finds a toplane AFK for the first entirety of the game, and a 0/8/0 midlane who sees it fit to blame and constantly harass the jungler (me) for his ongoing match. Of course, with the freedom the enemy team had of a nonexistant top and mid, bot lane was repeatedly targeted by their jungler - and to no one's surprise, died multiple times from repeated ganks. Despite trying my best to keep farm to a reasonable level, contest objectives (even earning an early dragon), it was not long before the entirety of the remaining team - a then 0/5/0 Zed and a bot+support, began to take it all out on me with lengthy strings of verbal harassments and insults. And this, brings us to the card that I'd been given for this single game, after no less than a whole year of honor reformation. As they say, a single day can certainly turn someone bad - or at least, put a significant strain to their patience. Game 3945957505: Scarlesh: ty aatrox ur afk top and my to jngl is gone Scarlesh: under tower with 20% hp Scarlesh: and not backing Scarlesh: you have 0 gank potential Scarlesh: im not wasting time there Scarlesh: yes he has bot hsides warded Scarlesh: because you have 0 lane priority Scarlesh: get good Scarlesh: stop talking and win lane Scarlesh: ujnstoppable Scarlesh: i think aatrox would disagree Scarlesh: AADC IS TOP Scarlesh: jesus christ do ytou ever shut up Scarlesh: 1 more pointless communication Scarlesh: and you're muted Scarlesh: think well Scarlesh: muted Scarlesh: you are 0/3 Scarlesh: stfu seriously [All]Scarlesh: this 0/3 zed crying and trolling all game [All]Scarlesh: 0/4 sry Scarlesh: report yourself Scarlesh: for shitty adc Scarlesh: 0/5 zed Scarlesh: learn to midlane before playng Scarlesh: reksai never came mid Scarlesh: u just suck mate Scarlesh: we have no midlane Scarlesh: what can you do Scarlesh: i have the best score Scarlesh: in the team Scarlesh: stfu Scarlesh: you just suck Scarlesh: so many excuses Scarlesh: youre quite pathetic Scarlesh: 0/6/0 zed Scarlesh: go quit in shame Scarlesh: you are literally worse than if we had afk [All]Scarlesh: gg Welp, there goes a whole year of reform. I will not link publicly the befuddling, patronizing responses I've had from GM's on the topic - responses that included strong suggestions to play every match with the /mute all features - which, as a jungler is completely counterproductive as well as paradoxical in an online game, as well as the notion that even comments on the state of the game can be considered grounds for suspension and further account restrictions. So much for player interactions. Before we proceed, allow me to dissect some of these lines into context for the audience - you, so that you may understand the pitfalls I could not avoid, and hopefully avoid doing the same mistakes. Scarlesh: ty aatrox ur afk top and my top jngl is gone Well. Once toplane (well into level 4 range) decided to return to the game - and mind you, they never disconnected from the client as far as messages went, as jungler it was important for me to make it clear that the entirety of my red-top jungle was stolen and fed the enemy jungler, with pressure I could not contest. While this may seem irrelevant to some, it's actually vital that a jungler says that a situation has come where they'll be behind on farm/ganks, and that the opposing team will have free roam. NOT informing them that my whole jungle was taken, would've been the detrimental thing to do, as it could've led my mid/top into thinking that area was safe, when it absolutely wasn't. But apparently, it's toxic enough to warrant a full setback from a year of reform. Let's move on. Scarlesh: under tower with 20% hp Scarlesh: and not backing And this is where the pain begins. By this time, a 0/3/0 midlane Zed begins to harass - and not in team, but in all chat, and putting his already numerous deaths on me with some rather heavy verbal abuse that the logs given to me of course wouldn't provide. When I look into his lane's state, I see this Zed with a third of the opposing Vel'koz's CS and two levels behind, sitting under his tower at incredibly low health - it's not a situation any jungler would think remotely gankable, and to no one's surprise, it was a few moments later that Zed died to the eyeball's ultimate beam combo, feeding his 4th death yet - and another string of harassment. But apparently, pointing out in defense - and advice - that he's quite literally setting himself for a dive and death, and that he should simply back off and recover at the fountain, is toxic. Scarlesh: you have 0 gank potential Scarlesh: im not wasting time there Scarlesh: yes he has bot hsides warded Scarlesh: because you have 0 lane priority More "haha jungle diff trash" insults follow from mid as they died once again, miffed, summoning what paitence I can muster, I explain what is happening and why he cannot possibly receive any ganks. I'd been coming around mid from both sides of the river, and - astonishingly! - both sides were always warded. As jungler, it's not unimportant to confront repeated GANK ME PS calls by explaining the situation and if you can or can NOT help, in the same way you would never gank a toplane into a 5/0 renekton or Illaoi and should focus on what you 'can' do instead. I plainly told them their lane had no potential for a succesful gank, and that every side I approach from (several times) resulted in Vel'koz quickly and smartly pulling back to tower. With Zed relegated to failing to CS behind his tower, and Vel'koz into his fourth kill, it wouldn't have been unlikely that one of my gank attempts that didn't result in him running, would've just earned the infamous ball a double kill and seal the game right there. But, summing up that concept as well as telling that mid is heavily warded, is, apparently also toxic. Scarlesh: stop talking and win lane Scarlesh: ujnstoppable Scarlesh: i think aatrox would disagree Scarlesh: AADC IS TOP You what. I'm not even sure why this is part of the chat sheet - Zed by now is spending more time typing at fountain than playing, and I'm not sure how this answer is any more negative than their actions have been to this point. Small notice, once Aatrox was back in the game, and received two succesful ganks from me against all odds, he was back in the game - "I think aatrox would disagree" was the comment relating to yet another HAHA JUNGLE TRASH ...And the "ENEMY ADC IS TOP" . What? Informing of such things is also toxic now? Scarlesh: jesus christ do ytou ever shut up Scarlesh: 1 more pointless communication Scarlesh: and you're muted Scarlesh: think well Scarlesh: muted Scarlesh: you are 0/3 Scarlesh: stfu seriously [All]Scarlesh: this 0/3 zed crying and trolling all game [All]Scarlesh: 0/4 sry Scarlesh: report yourself Scarlesh: for shitty adc Scarlesh: 0/5 zed Scarlesh: learn to midlane before playng Scarlesh: reksai never came mid Scarlesh: u just suck mate Aaaaand patience over. We're into the 20th minute, bogging through repeated surrenders and more harassment. As mentioned, with two lanes crushed, botlane is also feeling the pressure from free enemy roams, and most of the jungle isn't even safe enough to farm anymore. It's a tough situation that I am handling as best as I can when the straw begins to break the jungler's back. This is my warning against an ongoing 15+ minutes of verbal abuse towards the Zed, which is, apparently, also deemed toxic enough to be in this nonsensical report. Informing someone to straighten up their act of get slapped with a mute, is, seemingly also something toxic - if not more toxic than the harassment I'd been getting so far? The GM mentioned that "telling someone to stfu" is unacceptable - but surely being harassed every minute of the game so far, is. Scarlesh: learn to midlane before playng Scarlesh: reksai never came mid Scarlesh: u just suck mate The most ironic part - despite what was happening, Zed had never been hit by the now fed enemy jungler, who had instead decided to camp bottom the entire time. Yet, despite never once SEEING their jungler and losing straight 5 deaths into the opposing midlaner, the constant "jungle difference" spam had been grating enough for me to remind them that they should reconsider their role of choice. Scarlesh: report yourself Scarlesh: for shitty adc REPORT JUNGLER FOR INTING AND TRASH, says bot, when I'm the only person by now, who has a positive KDA score. Scarlesh: we have no midlane Scarlesh: what can you do Scarlesh: i have the best score Scarlesh: in the team Scarlesh: stfu Scarlesh: you just suck Scarlesh: so many excuses Scarlesh: youre quite pathetic Scarlesh: 0/6/0 zed Scarlesh: go quit in shame Scarlesh: you are literally worse than if we had afk [All]Scarlesh: gg It's the end. Enemy team is in our base, praise the gods, and by now everyone has given up on fighting in favor of more angry trash talking. Things escalated way beyond control, at which point the only thing I can do is to simply point out a few cold facts, and my NOT VERY POSITIVE performance review of someone who'd spent the most grueling 25 minutes of 2019 flaming instead of even trying to get back in the game. But even the GG in the end (followed by more insults from others) wasn't sufficient to try to end this disaster on a positive note. The next game, my account, a year+long locked into honor 0, is back to being locked once more with a 10-game chat restriction. At this point, my faith in the obviously automated report system - that was already close to zero, is nil, but worse still, is the faith I had in actual people, who had access to the entirety of the logs reviewing the situation, actually judging it for what it is. A few moments of mild patience lapse in the face of constant harassment, invalidating a real life years' worth of reforming. If it's not against the rules, I'll be soon posting the answers given to me by the support staff - which I'll still provide in a private context for anyone interested in understanding how out of this world are their current guidelines and responses, and how they're not just understanding, but ALLOWING and empowering people into ruining games and wasting hours upon hours of progress for others to go perfectly unpunished - while the stressed tryhards who insist on giving it their best (even in such desperate cases, which, with the knowledge I have in hindsight, I'll just treat as a lost cause from this point on), get harshly sanctioned with another indiscriminately long time of zero rewards. TLDR; Riot staff -encourages- you to use the mute all feature, and does so by actively rewarding chat toxicity and punishing those who've been victim of it. The most patronizing "answer" received by such staff had been, to put the icing on this cake, about them understanding if my utter disappointment with how the situation was handled would cause me to leave the game, but they would be glad of that happening in favor of owning the "best community there can be". Of which, I'm obviously not fit to be part of. Get baited, get jailed. My disappointment in the customer service is immeasurable and my experience ruined.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel