Some 'very' deep scientific insights in PB threads

[](http://na.leagueoflegends.com/sites/default/files/styles/scale_xlarge/public/upload/kayle_0_base_1920_2_0.jpg?itok=9A6a6ja-) Have you ever wondered how many words players use in their Player Behaviour thread? Ever wondered how many question marks are used in the well known 'I got banned' threads? Today I have some good news for you. I spent my evening today to do some very, very scientifical research and here is the result for you! ---------------------------- **My method** I scrolled down through all discussions from last month in the PB and H&S section on the boards, looking for discussions that complain about a punishment for verbal misbehaviour. Every discussion that met that requirement was copy pasted (chat logs excluded) into a document in which I could analyse all discussions together. ------------------------ **Results** I have analysed **49 discussions** in total, that make up for **8947 words**. Of those, **8** were a complaint about a chat restriction. **41** were a complaint about a ban. *Amount of words* | 'All Threads' | 'Banned Threads' | 'Chat Restricted Threads' | |:---:|:---:|:---:| | 8947 | 7619 | 1328 | *Average amount of words per thread* | 'All Threads' | 'Banned Threads' | 'Chat Restricted Threads' | |:---:|:---:|:---:| | 183 | 186 | 166 | Question marks seem to be used often in 'I got punished' threads. That's why it's interesting to see how often they are used. *Amount of question marks* | 'All Threads' | 'Banned Threads' | 'Chat Restricted Threads' | |:---:|:---:|:---:| | 75 | 56 | 19 | *Average amount of question marks per 100 words* | 'All Threads' | 'Banned Threads' | 'Chat Restricted Threads' | |:---:|:---:|:---:| | 0,83 | 0,74 | 1,43 | As you can see here, players use twice as many question marks in threads where they get chat restricted as in threads where they get banned. There is often a lot frustration involved when a player creates, so now we will take a look at the amount of letters that are exchanged for a '%' when a swear word is detected. *Amount of '%'* | 'All Threads' | 'Banned Threads' | 'Chat Restricted Threads' | |:---:|:---:|:---:| | 59 | 54 | 5 | *Amount of '%' per 100 words* | 'All Threads' | 'Banned Threads' | 'Chat Restricted Threads' | |:---:|:---:|:---:| | 0,66 | 0,71 | 0,38| According to the stats here, there is a lot more swearing going on in the 'I got banned' threads as in the 'I got chat restricted' threads. It's time for some keyword research. This research wouldn't be complete without it. *'Ban' and 'Banned'* | 'All Threads' | 'Banned Threads' | 'Chat Restricted Threads' | |:---:|:---:|:---:| |163|148|17| *'Toxic'* | 'All Threads' | 'Banned Threads' | 'Chat Restricted Threads' | |:---:|:---:|:---:| |54|44|10| *'Feed'* | 'All Threads' | 'Banned Threads' | 'Chat Restricted Threads' | |:---:|:---:|:---:| |13|9|4| ---------------------- That's it for today. I hope you enjoyed some pointless statistics. Maybe I'll do a follow up with even more pointless statistics. You can also do some suggestions in the comments!
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel