Regarding the Taric rework, perceived masculinity and sexuality.

Hey guys! If you're anything like me, you'll be so stoked for the rework of our dear {{champion:44}}! I bet it's gonna be truly, truly outrageous. I love how he represents a more "classically effeminate" man and how his luscious locks and dazzling bravado will sparkle things up in the rift. There's only one issue I have with this though, it's the people saying "Oh, Taric is really gay now." Some youtubers even follow up with a comment like "Nothing against gay people though, they are fine." Now, this irks me for multiple reasons; First and foremost, I don't think people should say "Nothing against gay people." Additionally, Taric does not appear "gay"... Just a bit effeminate. Not all gay men are effeminate. In fact, most _aren't _. It's just that there's a stereotype there which seems to still be hanging around in people's minds. TL;DR **There's nothing wrong with being gay, but not all gay guys are effeminate. There's nothing wrong with being effeminate, but not all effeminate guys are gay.** > {{champion:44}} is both. > Totes. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-rainbows}}
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel