Respecting the players, as well as your opponent.

I came to think of something just now, Just a little something. How much to you really appreciate the game? Do you ever really respect your lane opponent? No, not like know to keep your distance, and respecting their damage, but seeing them as a human being on the other side of the screen, thinking and feeling? | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| | Storytime | | |:---:|:---:|:---:| _________________________ A long time ago I had a really though game, I was playing sona support with a bit of a scared adc, often getting hooked by thresh. I did everything in my Power to save my adc and try to punish them for coming too close to me and very often it worked. I gave a hard time to that Thresh and we had a real hard fight on that botlane. The game slowly turned to us getting stomped and my team still kept a positive attitude, even tough I failed most of the crucical ultimates I should have easily landed and managed to get caught many times. And now to my point with all this nonsense. Just as everything was lost and they were storming our base the Thresh decided to write in allchat _"Please don't flame sona, she did really good in lanephase."_ And to be honest I got a little bit stunned by this. Never had I seen this happen before, neither have I seen it ever again. This other human being I fought hard to be better than, was actually concered for my wellbeing. He'd seen I had gotten caught more than I should have been, and that I had missed the ults I by all means should have landed. I couldn't handle the pressure that was on me to carry that game. And i quickly replied with "no, noone is flaming, we're all good here, thank you!" And to wich he replied in a relieved manner. | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| | Back to the point | | |:---:|:---:|:---:| _______________________________ So now let's go back to my original question. Do you ever really understand that the person you are playing against is someone else sitting there infront of their computer screen and playing against **_you?_** I certainly never really tought about this, and I came to think about it randomly while reading another post here on Boards. And with this I am slowly coming to the conclusion that I need to realize just that more often, and maybe even recognize them for their plays sometimes. We all need to get better at respecting our teammates, but we also need to respect our enemies. I certainly will start calling out good plays by my oponents or asking if it's going ok from now on, and I hope someone else will do the same to help me give someone else that little boost to their day.
Report as:
Offensive Spam Harassment Incorrect Board
Cancel