: Why does everyone hate the new Aatrox?
Imo old Aatrox after last changes was actually good. The problem were players still building him AD. With very strong dmg you could actually build him tank and still have very strong dmg (similiarly to Sion). I liked his focus as a duel champ with situational dive potential. Also lore of god of war trying to fuel infinite conflicts was very neat. I don't buy this Darkin stuff that Riot created lately. Kayn was kinda ok because he was designed from ground and has got this inner conflict mechanics but rework of Varus and Aatrox lores is actually complete trash. Also let's be honest, Riot hired recently guy who was fired from Blizzard for ruining WoW balance so we are indeed in dark times
: Why does everyone hate the new Aatrox?
1. He would be ok as new champ but imo they killed his soul with new mechanics and I guess many players think the same. 2. The ppl who complain about change are never the same ones who complained before it, so asking this question makes you look not too smart
: What is Bronze like?
atm bronze is kinda oasis of normality, at least until today's lcs. They're gonna see this clown fiesta and copy it
: WTF Has This Game Become?
Well that's what happens when you hire incompetent unskill who was just fired for ruining a balance in other game. I was always on Riot's side when it came to balance stuff but they went straight to other galaxy. If you wanna keep game competitive then you strengthen the roles and balance picks inside those to see most champs, not ruin one role to bring absolute chaos and bronze tactics to highest level. If a year ago some1 told me that Master Yi + Taric combo is gonna be OP at LCS level then I'd laugh at his face...but here we are, GJ Riot
: Is it just me or the game now has huge fps drops for no reason
cap to 144, should be smooth. Had the same issue
3MPORiO (EUW)
: WHY ONLY A+? Serious question, I really want to know how this is supposed to be ''correct''
strong kda but bad cs. Remember that those ranks are average from all divisions and I suppose after last LCS week she had nice increase in high elo picks
C4libur (EUNE)
: Master Yi is an unfair Champion by all meanings
I don't know...you feeding? Master Yi is trash tier champ tbh. If he rocks that means your team is terrible
: Yeah might work, but it always felt like Kha is the Xeno because of his constant change and predatory act, also that he is a predator that is not originated from the world he lives in. Rek'sai is something way above the Xeno i'd say, but i can see where you are coming from.
> [{quoted}](name=I Abuse ADCs,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=TJBvfyAj,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-02T00:08:22.469+0000) > > Yeah might work, but it always felt like Kha is the Xeno because of his constant change and predatory act, also that he is a predator that is not originated from the world he lives in. > > Rek'sai is something way above the Xeno i'd say, but i can see where you are coming from. Both Rek'Sai and Kha are void creatures
: I thought Kha'zix is a Ripoff from Alien, and Rengar is the predator?
> [{quoted}](name=I Abuse ADCs,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=TJBvfyAj,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-02-01T09:47:21.233+0000) > > I thought Kha'zix is a Ripoff from Alien, and Rengar is the predator? Yeah Rengar is predator af (even got skin with that) but Kha Xeno? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUi_fkG7CNE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ylsWRFyQD0 Also compare jaws and generally heads :D
: What happened to the champion design team???
Rek Sai is actually a rip off from Alien...the best rip off ever tbh :)
: "I'd rather have a toxic teammate than a bad one"
Toxic/good. Choose one. The most toxic are always the worst ones who blame team for their own incompetence
Renold (EUNE)
: its solo que...no 1 plays safe...just all rush to get penta.Thats why games end too fast and cant react to it.
> [{quoted}](name=Renold,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=c1Wtd8Gp,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-01-31T11:56:18.845+0000) > > its solo que...no 1 plays safe...just all rush to get penta.Thats why games end too fast and cant react to it. Yep, here we got the center of the problem - players. The only thing Riot can make is to enforce education like unskippable basic knowledge tutorial before 1st rank about pick comps, dragon/baron fights, gold ratio kills to farm
Tzimpounti (EUNE)
: Avoid chat in fear of permaban
Hey mate I feel you. There's nothing more frustrating than 0/8 telling you (with 3+ kda and 7+ cs/min) that you do nothing or team lost cos of you. Didn't get banned yet for bashing heads with them yet tho...probably just yet
Renold (EUNE)
: Games end too fast!!Cant comeback
Yeah and in LCS we have the longest games of all seasons. It's not that meta promotes too fast games. Just unskilled and unwilling to win players dig holes for themselves by not picking working comps and fighting 24/7 for sake of fighting
GramikLol (EUW)
: How to get from bronze, looking for tips.
I'd say learn some top tanks. As adc main I don't even play games without min 1 in my team cos it's impossible to survive even with perfect positioning
elin990 (EUW)
: What is the easiest role, in your opinion?
in solo q or general? In SoloQ I'd say supp as you really need very basic knowledge to do ok, overall definitely top - there is no real learning curve for that role
: How would you implement such a system? How could it tell if someone wants to leave because the game is actively ruined by someone or because its just going bad for a while and he thinks it's a loss although the rest thinks you can come back from it. Especially when it's ranked and even you say we pls it to win and climb. Especially in a ranked ppl can't be allowed to just leave. So many games I had in which ppl wanted to ff or just leave after that because they didn't see us winning but in fact we turned it later. Your system could never tell the difference. Even today I had a game in which someone was butthurt for a while and tried ruining the game. But because it was ranked and we play those to win every single one of them, I voted no on every surrender vote and that guy came to his senses and we won in the end. If your system was implemented that would have been a loss for me. Which goes against what we want. I mean unless you give some good ideas to avoid that like may be a vote where the majority has to aggree that its game over... Oh wait that already exists.
> [{quoted}](name=Rptro,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=9X80lj7E,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-01-18T03:24:11.830+0000) > > How would you implement such a system? How could it tell if someone wants to leave because the game is actively ruined by someone or because its just going bad for a while and he thinks it's a loss although the rest thinks you can come back from it. Especially when it's ranked and even you say we pls it to win and climb. Especially in a ranked ppl can't be allowed to just leave. So many games I had in which ppl wanted to ff or just leave after that because they didn't see us winning but in fact we turned it later. Your system could never tell the difference. > Even today I had a game in which someone was butthurt for a while and tried ruining the game. But because it was ranked and we play those to win every single one of them, I voted no on every surrender vote and that guy came to his senses and we won in the end. If your system was implemented that would have been a loss for me. Which goes against what we want. > I mean unless you give some good ideas to avoid that like may be a vote where the majority has to aggree that its game over... Oh wait that already exists. It's simple...guy disconnects, you give him 5mins to reconnect. If he fails to do so then loss is on him (just like with remake). Also there should be big notice when you start rank that game can take up to 1hr and you agree to commit your time and you have stable internet or you may suffer big penalties (this one comes from CS). Nothing new, nothing untested
: > [{quoted}](name=Kawira,realm=EUNE,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=eBwMasrB,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-01-11T08:24:05.280+0000) > > Leona is the worst advice for low elo tbh. She is hard to execute properly and her laning phase is non-existent. If enemy has got range supp like Sona or Lulu you and your adc are screwed for good - she has absolutely 0 poke potential. I love Leonas...in enemy team cos it's free early game I do not agree at all, there are 2 options: 1-You didn't played Leona in preseason with the new runes 2-You dont know how to play her, or its just not your playstyle to engage,... During the early phase you need to wait for level 3 or even 2 in some cases, you just E Q the poor lulu supp and ignite her. The all in is insane, and the dmg you deal is surprising. Ez first blood. The more the game goes, the more you become a beast, you can go really deep because you are so tanky, your CD on your spells is really short which allow you to have your ult at every TF. You can easily get your ADC fed and protect him. My brother actually climbed from low Silver to platinum 3 by maining Leona. Whenever she was banned or picked he used to pick Braum and it wasn't that effective because you can't play Braum really aggressively, the champ is not designed for that where as Leona is. You dont have to poke with leona, its all about all ins. +She is pretty easy to play, an Alistar would actually be more difficult to play because if you miss your combo, you can actually save ennemies.
> [{quoted}](name=Khou3azrine ,realm=EUW,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=eBwMasrB,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2018-01-11T15:12:00.317+0000) > > I do not agree at all, there are 2 options: > 1-You didn't played Leona in preseason with the new runes > 2-You dont know how to play her, or its just not your playstyle to engage,... > During the early phase you need to wait for level 3 or even 2 in some cases, you just E Q the poor lulu supp and ignite her. The all in is insane, and the dmg you deal is surprising. Ez first blood. The more the game goes, the more you become a beast, you can go really deep because you are so tanky, your CD on your spells is really short which allow you to have your ult at every TF. You can easily get your ADC fed and protect him. My brother actually climbed from low Silver to platinum 3 by maining Leona. Whenever she was banned or picked he used to pick Braum and it wasn't that effective because you can't play Braum really aggressively, the champ is not designed for that where as Leona is. You dont have to poke with leona, its all about all ins. +She is pretty easy to play, an Alistar would actually be more difficult to play because if you miss your combo, you can actually save ennemies. I am adc main and I speak from my perspective. Also every caster and pro says that Leona's early game is non-existent but ofc yolo q warriors know better. What's the point of being aggressive if you lose most of hp in lane before you can even hit your E once. This dmg talk is also a big myth sry. I guess your mate is just very dedicated to champ and understands it but mere bronze will not and usually early game decides everything in this low elo. Lulu for example is much safer choice
: The difference between lolking and champion.gg is that lolking does not take the data, but you can vote. (at least it was like that the last time I checked it) On champion.gg they take the real data from riot games servers. So the percentage given there is exactly how the games went out.
> [{quoted}](name=Gnominator,realm=EUW,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=eBwMasrB,comment-id=000400000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-11T14:28:37.457+0000) > > The difference between lolking and champion.gg is that lolking does not take the data, but you can vote. (at least it was like that the last time I checked it) > On champion.gg they take the real data from riot games servers. So the percentage given there is exactly how the games went out. LoLskill, not LoLking my bad :D. And voting was in champion select. The most useless bronze hatchery ever
: http://champion.gg/champion/Leona/Support That's just one possible side. There are multiple some with more, some with less information.^^ (btw. in this preseason I have a 70% winrate in gold with leona, mostly against Champs like Sona, Blitz, etc.)
> [{quoted}](name=Gnominator,realm=EUW,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=eBwMasrB,comment-id=0004000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-11T13:20:38.581+0000) > > http://champion.gg/champion/Leona/Support > That's just one possible side. There are multiple some with more, some with less information.^^ > > (btw. in this preseason I have a 70% winrate in gold with leona, mostly against Champs like Sona, Blitz, etc.) Yeah Blitz is actually very weak vs Leona because she has better peel in 2v2 lane battle. Interesting stats but it's kinda strange that Annie mentioned on lolking isn't on the list of counters for Leona here :/. K checked some adc stats and I can say you can't take it too serious...Otherwise one might think that Draven counters Caitlyn lol
: I'm sorry, but the stats speak against you.^^ As I said: Leona has a positive winrate against Sona. There is nothing you can say against it, because this is a fact. ;) As a Leona you can also manage quite easy to stay outside of sona's pokerange and only get in it, if you can engage (and you normally don't just run at her)
> [{quoted}](name=Gnominator,realm=EUW,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=eBwMasrB,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-11T11:57:43.321+0000) > > I'm sorry, but the stats speak against you.^^ > As I said: > Leona has a positive winrate against Sona. There is nothing you can say against it, because this is a fact. ;) > > As a Leona you can also manage quite easy to stay outside of sona's pokerange and only get in it, if you can engage (and you normally don't just run at her) Well I don't want to do anything :D...I actually want Leona in enemy team, just not as my own supp PS. Any source to stats? The only thing I found is oblivious winratio vs Annie (surprise poke, not tank)
: I have to disagree. You can 100 to 0 a Sona as Leona. I play Leona since her release and currently Sona's have no chance at all. If you use aftershock and ignite and your adc procs your passive, you can kill Sona on every Level, but Level 1. A Sona has to come too close to poke you. Especially in this preseason I think I have a 100% winrate with Leona against Sona in the laning phase. If you look at overall wins, you'll also see that Leona has a 54% winrate against Sona. (which is quite a lot)
> [{quoted}](name=Gnominator,realm=EUW,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=eBwMasrB,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2018-01-11T10:50:10.117+0000) > > I have to disagree. You can 100 to 0 a Sona as Leona. I play Leona since her release and currently Sona's have no chance at all. If you use aftershock and ignite and your adc procs your passive, you can kill Sona on every Level, but Level 1. A Sona has to come too close to poke you. Especially in this preseason I think I have a 100% winrate with Leona against Sona in the laning phase. If you look at overall wins, you'll also see that Leona has a 54% winrate against Sona. (which is quite a lot) wat...Sona got better range on Q than Caitlyn's auto and if you have at least 2 brain cells you can poke Leona even with Vayne. Her E is not instant so it's easy to kite it.
: First of all, there are different types of supports. I do agree that with some type of support mostly healers such as soraka, janna, lulu, nami, ... it is difficult to carry in low elo because you need to rely on someone else and your job is to protect your ADC, thus if he sucks you can protect him as much as you can he will still be useless. I only recommend those type of champions, if you are duo with the ADC or if you are higher than gold. BUT: other supports can hard carry in low elo: Tanks and engage type support such as Nautilus, Blitz, Tresh , Sion, Leona, ... are really good because you have the potential to engage a team fight, and in league it is one of the most important decision that you have to make: fight or disengage, which objective to take etc. Lets take the example of Leona, first of all you can get your adc fed pretty easily if you know how to play the champ and use your CC. You will win your lane alone if you are good just by punishing the mistakes of the enemy adc. Your adc will only have to AA to get kills. You can engage team fights with her and shut down all the low elo nightmare champion like yasuo, zed, Katarina just by timing your spells at the right time. Even tho you dont have heals, your build will have some shields and ur CC will save your ADC and carries in the most difficult situations. Also as a support your job is to ward. Vision is one of the most important aspect in league of legends, if you setup perfectly your vision, your allies will be safe. Do not hesitate to spam ping when you see a danger on the map. You can also make the calls, ward drakes and objectives,etc. Do not underestimate the potential of a support. All high elo supps started somewhere, and some of them were also silver and actually managed to get high elo because they are good. Ap support can also be good in some situation, you can bully and snowball the botlane, and you are like a second midlaner in mid and late game
> [{quoted}](name=Khou3azrine ,realm=EUW,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=eBwMasrB,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-01-11T03:46:01.673+0000) > > First of all, there are different types of supports. I do agree that with some type of support mostly healers such as soraka, janna, lulu, nami, ... it is difficult to carry in low elo because you need to rely on someone else and your job is to protect your ADC, thus if he sucks you can protect him as much as you can he will still be useless. I only recommend those type of champions, if you are duo with the ADC or if you are higher than gold. BUT: other supports can hard carry in low elo: Tanks and engage type support such as Nautilus, Blitz, Tresh , Sion, Leona, ... are really good because you have the potential to engage a team fight, and in league it is one of the most important decision that you have to make: fight or disengage, which objective to take etc. > > Lets take the example of Leona, first of all you can get your adc fed pretty easily if you know how to play the champ and use your CC. You will win your lane alone if you are good just by punishing the mistakes of the enemy adc. Your adc will only have to AA to get kills. You can engage team fights with her and shut down all the low elo nightmare champion like yasuo, zed, Katarina just by timing your spells at the right time. Even tho you dont have heals, your build will have some shields and ur CC will save your ADC and carries in the most difficult situations. > > Also as a support your job is to ward. Vision is one of the most important aspect in league of legends, if you setup perfectly your vision, your allies will be safe. Do not hesitate to spam ping when you see a danger on the map. You can also make the calls, ward drakes and objectives,etc. Do not underestimate the potential of a support. All high elo supps started somewhere, and some of them were also silver and actually managed to get high elo because they are good. > > Ap support can also be good in some situation, you can bully and snowball the botlane, and you are like a second midlaner in mid and late game Leona is the worst advice for low elo tbh. She is hard to execute properly and her laning phase is non-existent. If enemy has got range supp like Sona or Lulu you and your adc are screwed for good - she has absolutely 0 poke potential. I love Leonas...in enemy team cos it's free early game
VipiPoiss (EUNE)
: Master Yi without a doubt. None of his spells are skillshots, his ult is just so strong and his damage is just absurd.
> [{quoted}](name=VipiPoiss,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=LchdFWIL,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-01-09T17:20:15.657+0000) > > Master Yi without a doubt. None of his spells are skillshots, his ult is just so strong and his damage is just absurd. and yet somehow I don't see any bronzies with 3+ kda on him :D. Magic
: >Well you forgot about one thing in math stuff. Probability maths work only for 1k+ tries. So unless you play min 1k games your rank doesn't represent your true skill (for better or worse) Your rank and placement isn't based on chance or probability. So you don't need over 1000 games to get placed in the appropriate elo. The way the ranking system works, although not fully disclosed, is by looking at your winrate. That has nothing to do with probability theory. So if you are actually better than the elo you are currently placed in, you will eventually climb.
> [{quoted}](name=twA Divine,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=QxJMREZE,comment-id=0001000100010000,timestamp=2018-01-09T01:10:21.035+0000) > > Your rank and placement isn't based on chance or probability. So you don't need over 1000 games to get placed in the appropriate elo. The way the ranking system works, although not fully disclosed, is by looking at your winrate. That has nothing to do with probability theory. > > So if you are actually better than the elo you are currently placed in, you will eventually climb. Every statistics is based on probability theory because for example you can have 200 games when your team gets stomped early without possibilty to carry the game for you, or the opposite - you can get carried to higher elo and because you played let's say only 100ish games you've been placed higher than you should. That's why 1k tries is the only viable measure, especially in team game.
: Same can be said for the teams you verse against. On average 5 players verse against 5 players of equal skill, that's the whole point of the ranking system. But if you actually belong into a higher elo the average matchup suddenly doesn't consist of 10 similarly skilled people anymore, but your team has the advantage. So if you perform consistently better than what is standard for the elo you're currently placed in, then you'll eventually climb. There aren't always "bad players" just on your team, but on the enemy's one as well.
> [{quoted}](name=twA Divine,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=QxJMREZE,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2017-12-31T00:54:11.976+0000) > > Same can be said for the teams you verse against. On average 5 players verse against 5 players of equal skill, that's the whole point of the ranking system. > > But if you actually belong into a higher elo the average matchup suddenly doesn't consist of 10 similarly skilled people anymore, but your team has the advantage. So if you perform consistently better than what is standard for the elo you're currently placed in, then you'll eventually climb. > > There aren't always "bad players" just on your team, but on the enemy's one as well. Well you forgot about one thing in math stuff. Probability maths work only for 1k+ tries. So unless you play min 1k games your rank doesn't represent your true skill (for better or worse)
Kasten4 (EUW)
: Do any of you just feel so utterly drained after playing?
My reception for low elo is - ignore team for most of the time as they keep fighting for no reason not even checking if they are not outnumbered. I just focus on splitpushing (because enemies prefer to fight too while i'm distracted with their inhibitor). Unless your team lost early too heavy this tactics gives pretty easy wins...and ofc a lot of flame from players who doesn't know that you win by killing nexus, not accumulating kills.
: any way to handle Zoe other than jungle help?
I know a mystic way, true ninja stuff...click rmb :/...
: Champion: Aliza the eye of Abyss
I don't like normal form of W. It's not HotS, active spells don't and shouldn't work on towers for balance reasons
: No waifus or traps yet, 2d anime grills hard to find hard to find smh On a side note, why in the name of jesus is this post -1, a guy is just lookin for some cute anime grills feels bad man
> [{quoted}](name=Tahm Klenchy,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=dLiHZ5ZL,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-12-21T16:26:38.400+0000) > > No waifus or traps yet, 2d anime grills hard to find hard to find smh > > On a side note, why in the name of jesus is this post -1, a guy is just lookin for some cute anime grills > feels bad man Maybe because it's game forums, not tinder
: Can you sort players into regions of Runeterra?
Maybe some sort of faction war like in For Honor? Playing ranks would cumulate armies and stuff and then you get some small prizes like BE, xp, hextech chests etc based on performance of your nation.
: Just let us leave 4v5 games
Maybe a system like in dota/hon? U give player like 5min to reconnect, if he fails the loss is on him (just like remake) and game ends except that 5 player team gets lp. Everyone is happy, much less toxicity and maybe bamboo internet players will think twice before playing ranks when they should stick to singleplayer/turn mp strategies
: But season 3 was (fun) because the game wasn't oh let cater for just the pro's, I had fun with the stupid op shit, it was what made the game good, everything was broken. %%%% you could do some dum shit and people didn't get mad, know its like her der just pick the meta shit or your chances of winning go down by 60%. I do miss my old ad sion :'(
> [{quoted}](name=pwn u hard lol,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=iNyFWQtZ,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2017-10-07T02:00:15.995+0000) > > But season 3 was (fun) because the game wasn't oh let cater for just the pro's, I had fun with the stupid op shit, it was what made the game good, everything was broken. %%%% you could do some dum shit and people didn't get mad, know its like her der just pick the meta shit or your chances of winning go down by 60%. I do miss my old ad sion :'( You can't balance game for low tiers because it's not balance (example - For Honor. This game nearly died because devs didn't want to hear ppl to balance it for highest level for over a year). If some1 gets stomped by Yi for example then it's not Yi being OP and needing nerf. It's just player being bad :/
HaGever (EUNE)
: Thoughts about Honor & Punishment systems, with emphasis on "TryHarding"
that's why when i get autofilled as jungle i immediately say that gank from me is a luxury not privilege and i will report anyone flaming me. Tbh most of playerbase no matter the elo has no basic knowledge about game, Vision? Good joke. Positioning? What's that? I died to gank? Jungler's fault. I could go forever here.
24thDiK (EUW)
: What are the main criteria for being a professional?
Well there is only one...be in LCS? At least in Riot's classification.
: Does riot actually care about eloboosting?
They say eloboosting is illegal but let's be honest, if they would seriously go for boosters then whole pro scene would get banned lol
Andrey0345 (EUNE)
: But you should aim for damage in early game. Surviving means he'll be weak, you need to get fed and carry.
> [{quoted}](name=Andrey0345,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=XXuGwgmy,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2017-12-07T10:05:41.653+0000) > > But you should aim for damage in early game. Surviving means he'll be weak, you need to get fed and carry. Nah he is the best as merciless splitpusher. You just need to not feed early to be relevant, he never had to snowball like Fizz
Budsbam (EUNE)
: Let's be honest: {NEW RUNES]
New runes are ok but I feel we could have more keystones to choose from. Like someone above said mage runes don't look nice for some control mages + imo generally choice is still not too broad. Let's hope Riot can expand. PS. How is Tristana more bursty than Varus? Lol...
: Polish players think if shushei was good back in season 1 every polish player is good. Russians think if moscow 5 were one of the best in season 3 every russian is good. Croatians think if perkz is the best midlaner in the world every croatian is good. Serbs are usually very mad without reason. As you can see, the problem with eune is too many slavs ;)
> [{quoted}](name=Korean Fanb0y,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=ahIMPphm,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-12-06T14:46:35.159+0000) > > Polish players think if shushei was good back in season 1 every polish player is good. Russians think if moscow 5 were one of the best in season 3 every russian is good. Croatians think if perkz is the best midlaner in the world every croatian is good. Serbs are usually very mad without reason. As you can see, the problem with eune is too many slavs ;) Made me laugh :D. Sadly shushei is not even close to good anymore. He can't even compete properly in local leagues anymore :(
: > [{quoted}](name=Kawira,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=rF1eE8Em,comment-id=00070002000000010000000000010000,timestamp=2017-12-07T08:50:10.387+0000) > > No mate, chests were for free. Different currencies earned with different methods mean you don't sacrifice anything > > Riot copied current system from Overwatch but didn't analyze it properly. In Overwatch it was succesfull because all characters are free and those boxes give just cosmetics, extra bonus. In LoL whole roster expansion lies in RNG boxes and you have to be willing to burn your shards to buy more champions (and frankly big pool is kinda essential if you want to counter pick/swap etc) now imagine some1 gets like 10 shards for characters he is playing and he may want to mastery them. That means he has to choose between destroying his stuff and paying more later or keep it and earn equal 0 BE. > > Is this healthy system? No > Is this linear system? Again no, you have to get that level > > I'm personally not affected as I can have any champ without effort but I don't want this game to shrink. Ppl are angry and after some messing around with new system I know why. Because actually while numbers tell you earn more - in reality you earn less unless you are willing to sacrifice something u may not want to. Chests are still free. Before, you could also use the shard or BE to upgrade a mastery or get a champ, just like now. Everything is the same, except that 2 currencies are turned into one. Both currencies served same purpose, and now they are made into one. Tell me what could you do with BE that you could not already do with IP?
> [{quoted}](name=Zed Best Girl,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=rF1eE8Em,comment-id=000700020000000100000000000100000000,timestamp=2017-12-07T09:08:18.534+0000) > > Chests are still free. Before, you could also use the shard or BE to upgrade a mastery or get a champ, just like now. Everything is the same, except that 2 currencies are turned into one. Both currencies served same purpose, and now they are made into one. Tell me what could you do with BE that you could not already do with IP? Ok I'll try not to insult you...how can I earn the same amount of BE as IP before without smashing my level up shards? Unless you give me direct answer don't answer at all. I'm not interested in some random stuff not related to my post
VoQeles (EUW)
: League of 1 shot wtf balance
If you get 1 shot as tank then there is clearly something not OK with your build
: > [{quoted}](name=Kawira,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=rF1eE8Em,comment-id=000700020000000100000000,timestamp=2017-12-06T12:40:33.466+0000) > > It's not worth more. In previous system u had different "currencies" for both activities so your income was just for 2 things - rune pages and champions. The current one gives you kinda more (still only in the beginning because levelling will be slower and slower) and you have additional things to spend your main currency. That's why I agree with OP in this case. Stats look nice but they are kinda fake when compared to reality > > PS. I'm pretty sure my 31 lvl capsule was only over 400BE. Bug or not it was the case Yeah but the main way of earning BE before was buying mystery champ shards and hextech chests. Buying mystery champ shards cost IP, so to get BE you needed to use IP or open chests. Now BE is IP and you can still get it with opening chests. Absolutely same thing.
> [{quoted}](name=Zed Best Girl,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=rF1eE8Em,comment-id=0007000200000001000000000001,timestamp=2017-12-06T22:51:27.726+0000) > > Yeah but the main way of earning BE before was buying mystery champ shards and hextech chests. Buying mystery champ shards cost IP, so to get BE you needed to use IP or open chests. Now BE is IP and you can still get it with opening chests. Absolutely same thing. No mate, chests were for free. Different currencies earned with different methods mean you don't sacrifice anything Riot copied current system from Overwatch but didn't analyze it properly. In Overwatch it was succesfull because all characters are free and those boxes give just cosmetics, extra bonus. In LoL whole roster expansion lies in RNG boxes and you have to be willing to burn your shards to buy more champions (and frankly big pool is kinda essential if you want to counter pick/swap etc) now imagine some1 gets like 10 shards for characters he is playing and he may want to mastery them. That means he has to choose between destroying his stuff and paying more later or keep it and earn equal 0 BE. Is this healthy system? No Is this linear system? Again no, you have to get that level I'm personally not affected as I can have any champ without effort but I don't want this game to shrink. Ppl are angry and after some messing around with new system I know why. Because actually while numbers tell you earn more - in reality you earn less unless you are willing to sacrifice something u may not want to.
Hansiman (EUNE)
: > Who was buying 40+ rune pages anyway? I think 20 is max. 2 pages were always what you got for free, and that was very limiting. People generally made a basic AD page, and an AP page. Since you couldn't edit in champion select, you were locked to those pre-defined pages. I think I have 8 pages, and I got by with those. It's nice to have the ability to have some pre-defined pages now as well, but I'm honestly just using 2-3, because I manually switch in champion select based on matchups. --- > you try to advertise new system a bit too much imo. I'm not advertising anything. As an emissary, part of what I do is provide information, and listen to complaints. Complaints are fine, but when people make up false information to spread hatred of the new system, that's not so fine. In this thread, OP has attempted to spread misinformation, and I'm trying to clear that up. Not understanding the system shouldn't mean a person should outright hate it. Most people that hate the new system completely misunderstand how earning works now, and think they're getting far less than before, even if I can actually show them that they're getting more.
> [{quoted}](name=Hansiman,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=rF1eE8Em,comment-id=000700020000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-06T13:51:55.396+0000) > > I think 20 is max. 2 pages were always what you got for free, and that was very limiting. People generally made a basic AD page, and an AP page. Since you couldn't edit in champion select, you were locked to those pre-defined pages. I think I have 8 pages, and I got by with those. It's nice to have the ability to have some pre-defined pages now as well, but I'm honestly just using 2-3, because I manually switch in champion select based on matchups. > --- > > I'm not advertising anything. As an emissary, part of what I do is provide information, and listen to complaints. Complaints are fine, but when people make up false information to spread hatred of the new system, that's not so fine. In this thread, OP has attempted to spread misinformation, and I'm trying to clear that up. Not understanding the system shouldn't mean a person should outright hate it. > > Most people that hate the new system completely misunderstand how earning works now, and think they're getting far less than before, even if I can actually show them that they're getting more. Well in my last post I showed you kinda different point of view, hope you guys will look at it. Pure numbers are good on paper (especially if you show only the positive ones)
Neamar1 (EUW)
: See your Season 7 achievements
Nice job mate, I really missed Riot achievements from last season, this stuff makes you laugh. My highest winratio per role - support haha
Hansiman (EUNE)
: > still only in the beginning because levelling will be slower and slower XP requirements reset each time you hit a milestone, so it does not go slower and slower. --- > It's not worth more. In previous system u had different "currencies" for both activities so your income was just for 2 things - rune pages and champions. Since you can now edit rune pages in champion select, you do not have such a strong need to purchase them. 2 are enough, since you can freely edit them. Sure, it's nice to have some extra, but there's not a need like there was before. And you're forgetting the third thing that you had to purchase in the past: runes. Runes themselves were a huge expense for new players. Runes are now 100% free.
> [{quoted}](name=Hansiman,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=rF1eE8Em,comment-id=0007000200000001000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-06T12:43:31.145+0000) > > XP requirements reset each time you hit a milestone, so it does not go slower and slower. > --- > > Since you can now edit rune pages in champion select, you do not have such a strong need to purchase them. 2 are enough, since you can freely edit them. Sure, it's nice to have some extra, but there's not a need like there was before. > > And you're forgetting the third thing that you had to purchase in the past: runes. > > Runes themselves were a huge expense for new players. Runes are now 100% free. 1. Cool, didn't know about mile reset 2 Who was buying 40+ rune pages anyway? 3. My main concern here is merging mastering of champs with rest. Ofc it's not required but new players can forget about it until they buy at least those 80+ champs to feel revelant in solo q. Honestly I only don't have Zoe, can get everything with RP since I have tons of it for free but just had to write here because you try to advertise new system a bit too much imo. It's not good for this type of game where champs are countering each other and you kinda want to expand your roster in linear way without sacrificing stuff. That's why players get upset and I understand them. I wonder how long it will take me to buy Zoe with BE considering I leave bunch of shards for mastery levels. Previously it was around 1 month, we passed it but I also had bit of break. Still I sit currently only on 1558 so in my case I won't get her anytime soon. I think the best way to make it better would be shortening level up with less BE per level (x0,5 both) and changing way of getting mastery levels. Instead of buying them, there should be a special hardcore challenge worthy real champions (especially level 7) like win game without dying, get x kills with Cait ult etc
Hansiman (EUNE)
: > Some capsules tend to be really poor 810 BE at least if you're level 30+. And even that's not going to give you that much less than the old system. It's very unlikely, close to impossible, to only get this drop. --- > if I want to lvl up my masteries then I have to leave some of those shards. The true income is actually much lower than before If you use the shard to level up a mastery, the shard is worth way way more. Leveing a mastery up costs several thousand BE, so if you use a shard, that shard is worth that amount of BE. That means you're getting a much higher income than before, not lower.
> [{quoted}](name=Hansiman,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=rF1eE8Em,comment-id=00070002000000010000,timestamp=2017-12-06T12:32:35.953+0000) > > 810 BE at least if you're level 30+. And even that's not going to give you that much less than the old system. It's very unlikely, close to impossible, to only get this drop. > --- > > If you use the shard to level up a mastery, the shard is worth way way more. Leveing a mastery up costs several thousand BE, so if you use a shard, that shard is worth that amount of BE. > > That means you're getting a much higher income than before, not lower. It's not worth more. In previous system u had different "currencies" for both activities so your income was just for 2 things - rune pages and champions. The current one gives you kinda more (still only in the beginning because levelling will be slower and slower) and you have additional things to spend your main currency. That's why I agree with OP in this case. Stats look nice but they are kinda fake when compared to reality PS. I'm pretty sure my 31 lvl capsule was only over 400BE. Bug or not it was the case
: Britain leaving the EU
It's too early to say if this move is bad or not. EU is in the worst shape ever atm so there are 2 outcomes: 1. It will bounce back and UK will suffer 2. it will shatter eventually and UK as first leaver will be established already. Also I kinda understand why your government would leave. UK always was big player in politics and EU is run by Germany + France. This reminds me of HRE so much. PS. Seeing big propaganda of self-destruction made by EU media towards UK ppl makes me think it's some kind of desperation. Like Union knows it can't lose that big power
Hansiman (EUNE)
: The difference here is that if we say the old ice cream always cost €10, and the new one costs €5, the people complaining claim that the old ice cream cost 2€, while it never did.
> [{quoted}](name=Hansiman,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=rF1eE8Em,comment-id=000700020000,timestamp=2017-12-05T21:58:59.923+0000) > > The difference here is that if we say the old ice cream always cost €10, and the new one costs €5, the people complaining claim that the old ice cream cost 2€, while it never did. Sadly I must disagree here. Some capsules tend to be really poor + if I want to lvl up my masteries then I have to leave some of those shards. The true income is actually much lower than before
: lf egirl lulu/janna/kayletop or hardsmurf mid player
: Can you play good with a bad mouse?
Hardware doesn't give you skill but when you meet similiar skilled opponent then it can be deciding factor. Gaming grade mouses are much smoother than cheap ones allowing faster and more precise targeting so sometimes you can get that edge of 1 faster skillshot in clutch moment
Show more

Kawira

Level 49 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion