: Thanks for the help! I think i'll just grind out the climb next season. No other way really it seems :D
> [{quoted}](name=Darth Deadpool,realm=EUW,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=5IhNuo9n,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-17T19:40:22.681+0000) > > Thanks for the help! I think i'll just grind out the climb next season. No other way really it seems :D Find a duo partner and your life will be easier - someone you're compatible with. Last season I went from S4 to Gold 2 in one month just thanks to duoing - and I wasnt getting carried, we just cooperated stupidly well. Neither of us had above 53% win rate before we teamed up; after it our win rate (only counting games we duo queued) was at 70% ish. We pushed like mad. :) Regards, Nin
: New player looking for clan/guild
Id be happy to help you out, but I dont have any accounts on EUW, so I cannot really play with you unless I create a new account. Night do it tbh, I'll add you if I do decide to start my Euw journey :) Regards, Nin
ConeJzma (EUW)
: SS and Inting
Hi Cone! SSing isnt bad at all - not SSing is. SS is a term short for missing (though a stupid one imo). SS is what you were supposed to type in chat when your opponent went missing from lane - this was recently replaced with the "SS" smart ping for it, so you dont have to say it anymore. Inting is intentionally feeding, but people use this term too often. Sometimes youre having a bad game and people will blame you for inting. Dont mind these guys. Regards, Nin
mostwan3d (EUNE)
: Why supports are a bad idea
You obviously havent heard of IgNar...
: Silver player looking for a top lane coach
I dont have an account on EUW, and I rarely even play League anymore to be honest, but Im still pretty potent to help you learn the ways of a Top laner, due to maining Top since the very beginning of S5 in different elos (went from Silver to high Plat). Leave me your Discord here, and I can check you out in the evening and provide some information! :-) Regards, Nin
: How to get a free first blood!
This can go wrong in so many different ways, I really wouldnt recommend it to new players :-\ Regards, Nin
Djole95 (EUNE)
: Where I can pm u?
> [{quoted}](name=Djole95,realm=EUNE,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=EqNEA5tT,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-06T16:32:03.091+0000) > > Where I can pm u? Do you have Discord by any chance? If so, give me your tag please and I'll add you, that seems like the easiest way. Otherwise I can just make one big long post here on the forums, which could work aswell. Regards, Nin
Djole95 (EUNE)
: shoudnt be hard
> [{quoted}](name=Djole95,realm=EUNE,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=EqNEA5tT,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-04T19:43:10.639+0000) > > shoudnt be hard Actually it SHOULD BE and it WILL BE. Whoever suggests 10cs per min to a Bronze player is a Teemo in disguise. If you have 70cs at 10min, that is great. In a 30min game, you'd ideally have about 250. 10 cs per min is something expected from a challenger tier player, and even those often fail to rack that in unpleasant matchups. Rismoch is right in one point though - you need to farm more. It takes a healthy economy to support a large army - with low gold income (note that minions provide you ALOT more income than kills - especially in lower elo) you wont be a threat to the enemy no matter how skillful you are. If you want a detailed guide (set of instructions) let me know, and I'll compose one for you. I cant be bothered right now because Im not even sure if you care enough tbh ^.^ Regards, Nin
Bughtar (EUW)
: thanks alot, since azir is free this week i think ill try him out, to look if he suits my playstyle. but i have bought pantheon so im kidna low on BE atm ^^'
That sounds awesome aswell, Pantheon is a very lane dominant top laner, and people love picking him up for how much he can harrass the enemy out of the lane. Should be enjoyable aswell; do try Azir, I think you'll like him, if he wont confuse you too much (kind of happened to me on my first Azir game, but Im very comfortable on him now). :-) Need any more help, feel free to ask! Regards
Sxye (EUW)
: What does this logo mean?
As Viavarian mentioned, its the mastery score of your account. You may or may not be familliar with the fact that LoL champion masteries go from level 0 (No games played on a champion) up to level 7 (extremely skilled with the champion). The score you highlighted is a sum of all your champion scores; You shouldnt worry much about it, it doesnt really suggest who a better player is - it generally just shows who plays a bigger variety of champions at an acceptable level. Regards
: in my opinion they troll more.. they always think they are good cause someone backs them up
Well, generally speaking, the reason people premade is because they seem to work well together (in ranked at least - for normals it could be just goofing around, but if youre that upset about losing a normal game, you should try consulting a therapist imo). Last season (S7) I've found a partner around the end of the season, and whenever we played together, we had about 70% win rate in solo/duo, even though neither of us had over 55% win rate overall. Towards the end we wouldnt solo queue at all anymore, because we were a perfect team. He played Illaoi top, I played Galio mid, we pushed extremely fast and carried (though I hate this term, I will use it just this once, because more often than not it really was the two of us mainly (note how I say mainly and not exclusively) having the impact on the game) a lot of games just because of our good cooperation and organisation. Premading in ranked makes life easy. Theres a reason groups of more than 2 are disabled in the solo queue; they just have too big of an advantage. Regards
: does anivia suck?
I am pretty sure she has more AA damage with the new runes than she used to (unless you built AD runes on her before, which I dont think you shouldve). Also, she is a late game champion. I can farm perfectly fine with any champion with autoattacks alone, Anivia is no exception. Sure you have poor waveclear if you dont want to spend mana, but after 2 items shes an unstoppable beast. I think shes one of the top 10 mid laners for me, and likely to be in the top 10 overall atm. I think shes in a good spot. :-) Regards
Korved (EUW)
: Premades in a game
Actually, generally premades are more likely to win than to lose. I think you're just overreacting here; If your teammates are doing mistakes, try politely telling them how to improve - aditionally, if you know your team is basically a one big premade ask then if they're on discord and join them. That improves your win chance by a large margin aswell. Regards
: Hello everyone !
Hi Mikutzho! I used to main Vayne for a large part of Season 6, and a few guidelines to help you with her, would be: 1) Play it safe. This ones likely the most important, and while its a worthy advice for all champions, its especially important on Vayne, as shes a lategame hypercarry, with a weak early game. Due to your weak early game, you dont want too much fights early. 2) Farm > Kills. This one is closely related to the above, but just so you keep in mind that your priority is farming minions, cause its low risk. Only go for a kill when its given to you. 3) 1v1 queen. Shes an extremely potent duelist after two items built, and will be able to 1v1 most people to death. She excels at small skirmishes, so engage when the enemy is split up to make the most of it. Stay behind your tanks in teamfights, and because Vayne is a tank shredder, ALWAYS FOCUS THE CLOSEST PERSON TO YOU, EVEN IF THEYRE A TANK. 4) Learn how to position with tumble to make room for your knockback into a wall stun. I'll add a bit more and add more details later if you're interested, but these are the ones I feel like being the most important. Regards
: Which champion do I play to get out bronze.
{{champion:43}} No joke, shes the reason I first got to silver. I was struggling in Bronze for months, till I picked her up. Went to Silver in a few weeks. Karma support is and was insanely good for pushing low elo. Regards
Hansiman (EUNE)
: That's just an example of the logs that got you punished, it's not an exhaustive list. The logs are supposed to focus on recent games, since there's a higher chance of a punished player actually remembering these games. This is vital for reforming, and is a lesson that was learned in the old Tribunal Voting System. Logs sent out to players in the Voting System could contain games from weeks, if not months, ago. A big issue with this is that the punished player couldn't remember these games anymore, and thus they're not effective for reform. When it comes to permabans, you're past Riot trying to get you to reform. They'll just send you the log of the last game you played that pushed you over the edge as an example that you're still behaving in such a manner. Permabans are Riot's way of saying "please find something else to play". --- > I cant wait for your "Thats not how it works bro" reply. :-) Not agreeing with someone is fine, but I'd ask you to stop with your rudeness here. Be civil if you wish to discuss on the boards.
> [{quoted}](name=Hansiman,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=kKBEyAx8,comment-id=00060003000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-23T14:55:45.630+0000) > > That's just an example of the logs that got you punished, it's not an exhaustive list. The logs are supposed to focus on recent games, since there's a higher chance of a punished player actually remembering these games. This is vital for reforming, and is a lesson that was learned in the old Tribunal Voting System. > > Logs sent out to players in the Voting System could contain games from weeks, if not months, ago. A big issue with this is that the punished player couldn't remember these games anymore, and thus they're not effective for reform. > > When it comes to permabans, you're past Riot trying to get you to reform. They'll just send you the log of the last game you played that pushed you over the edge as an example that you're still behaving in such a manner. Permabans are Riot's way of saying "please find something else to play". > --- > > Not agreeing with someone is fine, but I'd ask you to stop with your rudeness here. Be civil if you wish to discuss on the boards. First off, I am completely civil, and I dont get it how anything I posted here was rude. I find it funny how you guys have to resort to "He attacked me" when somebody disagrees with you; it just proves my point further. Also, about being rude and civil, here you are telling that I cannot post on the forums unless I follow your standards. Funnily enough, this could get you banned in-game (its an equivallent to a "Reported", which we've already established is deemed as offensive in this community. Can I get a source on that Riot send a recent log only? Seems bogus to me; they present you these logs as explanations to why you've been banned, simillarly as one would present evidence to a murder in a murder trial irl. You dont see the attorney say "This is the evidence for this murder, but hes surely killed hundreds more, he does it all the time!" in a murder trial do you? I know my comparisson is exaggerated, but its an appropriate one. If I am guilty of something I deserve to see the evidence. I am 99% sure RIOT wouldnt show partial evidence, since they're so happy to wave it into your face. Regards, Nin P.S.: I'll be waiting for your source ^.^
Hansiman (EUNE)
: > You speak of consistent negative behaviour, yet you can get a permanent ban for saying %%%% you in 10 games out of 10 000. I've yet to see that actually happen, or evidence of this happening.
> [{quoted}](name=Hansiman,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=kKBEyAx8,comment-id=000600030001000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-23T14:00:46.808+0000) > > I've yet to see that actually happen, or evidence of this happening. Its pretty simple. You get a punishment for ~ 3 games of flame (as far as I remember they show 2 or 3 logs as a reason why you were punished; for perma ban only one log, but lets stick to 3 to round it up). There are a total of 4 punishments (5 game mute, 20 game mute, 14 day ban, perma ban). That means a total of 12 ( 3*4) games are required to show toxicity. Had a person played 1000 matches ( which I am more than sure a lot of people with perma bans have ), this effectively means they got permanently removed from the game for being verbally abusive (and by verbally abusive this can be as mild as a "%%%% off" as we've seen in this thread) in 1.2% of their games, or in other words, having about one bad game every 100 games. Funny how much math does in the right hands. Do you now see this system is bollocks, or do you still want to disagree and claim this is fine? I cant wait for your "Thats not how it works bro" reply. :-) Regards, Nin
Ninjutsou (EUNE)
: Hi Elin! Not neccessarily; yes, for most melee champions, going up against a ranged one will be a tough lane, but once the lane is over, you'll contribute to your team far more than that teemo who could've been his team's only tank, but decided to opt for a badger instead. Simillarly, there are melee champions that do fairly well into ranged champions, most assassins being a good example. If the Teemo bothers you, ban him away. Not many top laners opt for a ranged champion, but Teemo is a pretty safe pick into Garen. Regards, Nin
Additionally, there are ways to counter the counters. One of the greatest tactics of turning that teemo advantage upside down is to use lane management. If you let Teemo push to your turret, hes a free kill for your jungler. A pre-6 Teemo is a sitting duck in lane. You can farm safely under turret - if you cant hes overextending. A technique that works very well for me in extremely rough matchups is to order a level 3 gank with the jungler. Let the enemy push into your turret while staying healthy yourself, and when your jungler roams up, 9 times out of 10 its a kill in low elo, or flash blown in higher elo. Both are a pretty big advantage for yourself. Use the map to your advantage; if you force the enemy to push, your jungler will help you out easily. If the enemy top laner is running ignite, ask bot for a deep ward for a teleport gank and thats 2/3 dead bodies on the enemy team (let me know if you arent aware of what a tp gank is - its an essential top laner skill!). Are both other lanes winning? Sustain and dont die and it's almost a guaranteed win just through doing nothing. Regards, Nin
elin990 (EUW)
: Ranged vs melee champ: Ranged has lots more chance of winning?
Hi Elin! Not neccessarily; yes, for most melee champions, going up against a ranged one will be a tough lane, but once the lane is over, you'll contribute to your team far more than that teemo who could've been his team's only tank, but decided to opt for a badger instead. Simillarly, there are melee champions that do fairly well into ranged champions, most assassins being a good example. If the Teemo bothers you, ban him away. Not many top laners opt for a ranged champion, but Teemo is a pretty safe pick into Garen. Regards, Nin
Hansiman (EUNE)
: That's not quite true. They're not thrown into the same bracket. Normally, chat penalties are given to those that are **consistently** being toxic in their games. After displaying unwanted behaviour in many games, and being reported for it, the system may issue a 10 game chat restriction which serves as a warning. If the player doesn't reform after these restrictions but continue to be abusive, a 25 game restriction is issued. Only after going through multiple waves of chat restrictions, and still not showing signs of reform, is a 14 day ban issued together with a final warning. If the player still does not wish to reform, then, and only then, is a permaban issued for abusive chat. Keep in mind that this is under normal circumstances, which is important to not because it's why your comment isn't accurate. --- Extreme cases of toxicity is punished much harsher than milder cases of toxicity. These are cases of hate speech, death threats, telling people to commit suicide, etc. This is toxicity that is way beyond what would be considered understanable in the context of a game, because it's simply things there's 0 tolerance for under any circumstance. Remember that I said that players are punished for consistently being toxic: Cases of extreme toxicity may be punished after just a single game, because there's no tolerance for it. This type of behaviour also skips chat restrictions and go straight to the 14 day ban. So these people aren't grouped together, they're held in very different brackets. Milder cases of toxicity has to be displayed in many many games, for an extended period of time, before there's even a risk of a permaban. Extreme cases of toxicity needs, in theory, only to be displayed twice before you're permabanned: Once for a 14 day ban, and once after for a permaban.
> [{quoted}](name=Hansiman,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=kKBEyAx8,comment-id=0006000300010000,timestamp=2017-12-21T14:30:25.691+0000) > > That's not quite true. They're not thrown into the same bracket. > > Normally, chat penalties are given to those that are **consistently** being toxic in their games. After displaying unwanted behaviour in many games, and being reported for it, the system may issue a 10 game chat restriction which serves as a warning. If the player doesn't reform after these restrictions but continue to be abusive, a 25 game restriction is issued. > > Only after going through multiple waves of chat restrictions, and still not showing signs of reform, is a 14 day ban issued together with a final warning. If the player still does not wish to reform, then, and only then, is a permaban issued for abusive chat. > > Keep in mind that this is under normal circumstances, which is important to not because it's why your comment isn't accurate. > --- > Extreme cases of toxicity is punished much harsher than milder cases of toxicity. These are cases of hate speech, death threats, telling people to commit suicide, etc. This is toxicity that is way beyond what would be considered understanable in the context of a game, because it's simply things there's 0 tolerance for under any circumstance. > > Remember that I said that players are punished for consistently being toxic: Cases of extreme toxicity may be punished after just a single game, because there's no tolerance for it. This type of behaviour also skips chat restrictions and go straight to the 14 day ban. So these people aren't grouped together, they're held in very different brackets. Milder cases of toxicity has to be displayed in many many games, for an extended period of time, before there's even a risk of a permaban. > > Extreme cases of toxicity needs, in theory, only to be displayed twice before you're permabanned: Once for a 14 day ban, and once after for a permaban. You and I both know that that's not the case. You speak of consistent negative behaviour, yet you can get a permanent ban for saying %%%% you in 10 games out of 10 000. Can you explain consistency here? I got an Error 404 when I tried to find it, maybe you'll have better luck. :-) Joke aside, I am referring to the fact that RIOT's current system doesnt care how much good you do, and how many clean games you've had. It just takes notes of every game you've went out of line in, and will happily punish you for the games from a year ago, just because one new report has come up. And this is where your consistency theory sadly crashes. I wish it were that way; Im perfectly fine with punishments for people whoresort to verbal abuse every few games, but when Im having one bad game every 100 games, please dont breathe up my neck for it. I dont deserve it, and we both know it. You've been pissed off, Ive been pissedd off. Its natural. What differs us is the amount of good we've done when we're not pissed off, and thats what I think Riot needs to take into account more. :-) Thanks for your comment though. Regards, Nin
: Which shard should i upgrade?
My vote goes to Lulu. You seem to not have (m)any support champions yet, and as Febos mentioned, Lulu is a very stable support. Always around the best of them - cant go wrong. Plus, you'll need a support for when you start playing ranked cause of autofill. Sadly, its inevitable. Take Lulu, you wont regret it. :-) Regards, Nin
Bughtar (EUW)
: what champion should i buy?
> [{quoted}](name=Bughtar,realm=EUW,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=Pmz7Ag9E,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-12-22T19:07:42.499+0000) > > hello there, since im new to the game i dont know what many champs do, i can watch vids, but that would not be accurate how good i am at that champ. im currently in doubt between {{champion:96}} {{champion:161}} {{champion:498}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:41}} > > i know that azir and gangplank are hard, but doesnt change the fact that they look fun Dont let anybody kill your vibe; all and every one of the champions are perfectly learnable and nowhere near "too hard" or "needs 150 games to be decent". The most important question here would be, what lane do you enjoy the most? You've probably found a lane you wish to "main" by now - if its top or mid (or both), Id go with Gangplank and Azir (yes, Id buy both, not one) - this is because they fit into different compositions very differently. Gangplank does AD damage, so it's unwise to pick him when there is nobody else on your team who does magical damage (it means enemy team can itemise very efficiently against you through armor). So, if playing mid, only take GP when you have: a) Kog maw ADC (yes, hes an adc, but does an insane amount of magical damage, so Gangplank is fine for mid lane) b) Nidalee, Elise, Evelyn jungle (or any other AP jungler, but these are the most common ones) c) Swain, Kennen, Annie (new meta?!), Vladimir top (again, AP top laners) Other than that, GP is always a good pick for the top lane, so feel free to spam him there . In any scenario not described above, Azir is an awesome mid laner, who's in a great state right now. Just remember to ban very pokey mid laners when you take him to ranked (bye Xerath), to avoid getting obliterated in-lane. Vel'koz is a good all-rounded champion, but very immobile, and from your OP I believe you're looking for something more flashy to play. Hes just a large worm, doesnt get very far and doesnt get there very quick. Still an okay pick if you want to give it a go. The last 2 champions, Kog and Xayah are ADCs, and dont do particularly well in other positions (though theres been some AP Kog Maw mid plays, but not anywhere near good enough imho. Id pick Xayah out of the two - shes more fun. More mobility, more skills being thrown out, more flashy. Takes a few games to capture her gist, but so much fun after. I think shes the ADC I had the most fun on by far after her release. And shes awesome when paired with a Rakan support. Let me know if you need anything else, happy to help. Regards, Nin
: > [{quoted}](name=Ninjutsou,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=kKBEyAx8,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-12-18T12:23:22.016+0000) > > The game is oversensitive, I agree. I am a moderator at one of the largest MMORPGs on the market (which I wont name, to not advertise), and I've yet to see a player get a mute, let alone a BAN for "%%%% off". No matter what his history is - he was already punished for it. > > A player who hacks, is banned for 30 days for example. After that, if he says "%%%% you", he wont be treated any differently than a new player saying it for the first time. Hes not going to get a permanent ban for that. > > You can remove chat toxicity with mutes, not bans. Bans are for exploits and hacks. Period. > > There is no justification for a ban for saying "%%%% you" and this is where Riot has it horribly wrong. > > I can agree with bans for real life threats (e.g . cancer to your family), racial or political offenses, but a "you suck" resulting in a permanent ban is just stupid. But its their game, if they want it so, so be it. Though I agree, it is miles from functional. > > Regards Judging what is functional or not by players protesting on the boards is a greatly misleading. All in all, the most of the players i meet daily are not flamers, and even if they throw some occasional insult now and then, i NEVER met someone who spent the entire game filling 200 lines of rants.
> [{quoted}](name=Sarchiapon,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=kKBEyAx8,comment-id=00060003,timestamp=2017-12-20T23:57:44.063+0000) > > Judging what is functional or not by players protesting on the boards is a greatly misleading. All in all, the most of the players i meet daily are not flamers, and even if they throw some occasional insult now and then, i NEVER met someone who spent the entire game filling 200 lines of rants. Thats the point though; the only problem is, that people who occasionally throw an insult are being thrown into the same bracket with those who fill up the game with 200 lines of rants. And thats completely unfair and bollocks. These friends of yours, who throw an insult once every 20 games, are awkwardly enough equally in danger of a permanent ban than the ones who wish your whole family dead and you getting a tumor. And I still dont get it how people dont see this is stupid. >_< Regards
Aezander (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ninjutsou,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=kKBEyAx8,comment-id=0006000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-20T16:09:46.102+0000) > > No, you cannot ignore someone who&#x27;s inting or trolling, because they are effectively making the game 4v5 (or arguably 4v6), which is unfair to play. Saying &quot;%%%% off&quot; does not help the enemy team in any way at all (unless you&#x27;re going to say it&#x27;s a distraction again, which we both know is absolute bollocks. If thats the case, my television is helping the enemy team, and so is my dog when he barks outside) I doubt that one "*%%%% off*" ever brought an account down, unless there was precedent. > As I&#x27;ve said, how many times they&#x27;ve done something is completely irrelevant. They have already &quot;served&quot; the time punishment for those offenses, and bringing them up once again is wrong. In American law this is called double jeopardy; you might want to read a little on that. It makes sense to anybody who thinks it through. When taking into consideration punishments one should only be taking into account what has been said / done in this case, at this time. Everything else should be (and is in systems that work properly) irrelevant. \*cough\* ... Double Jeopady ? ... Yeah ... Unfortunately, no. What applies here is whether the player in question is a repeat offender or not, if he has repeatedly performed the same infraction of rules. Thus the escalating punishment. Every court in the world takes in consideration if the accused has performed the same type of crime before or not. > I am legitimately wondering whether there are more people saying this ban is justified than not. If you take a look at the upvotes in the comments, it&#x27;s pretty obvious there&#x27;s more people who believe it&#x27;s bollocks, so once again; No, its not normal. He didn't get the ban just because of the "*%%%% off*", but also because of the *report calling* and because he was already flagged from the 14-days and he kept slipping up. > Thats actually a lie. Riot claimed themselves that saying &quot;%%%% I messed up&quot; in the game chat is perfectly fine. Can you assure me that AI can know 100% when a &quot;%%%%&quot; is aimed at another player offensively, and when it is just being used as a sigh/filler? Probably not. With the advancement of technology, I wonder why nobody else except for RIOT is using AI to judge whether a human is guilty or not in the law systems around the world. Im sure there are thousands of companies that could develop better AI than RIOT has, and there doesnt seem to be any. Can you figure out why is that on your own, or do you want me to give you a hint? > > ~~It doesnt work.~~ So, you mean to tell me that "%%%% Me" or "I %%%%ed" is the same thing as "%%%% You" or "I will %%%% you" ? ... That Riot's Programmers are that incompented the can't program basic grammar into their AI Software ? ... I can theorize you why nobody else but Riot is using an AI in that degree, it's because a) it's controvercial and b) it takes resources and reseach time to develop sth of that scope. Also, for the purposes of the game, in which the simple directive is "don't be arseholes to each other in your team and against the opponents" the IFS is effective enough. As for the actual results of such a system ... Without sufficient data can't really be able to speak about it's effectiveness. > As mentioned before, perma banning such cases is extremely inefficient, and helps a lot less than muting them would, but I&#x27;ll explain it once again. > > If you permanently ban somebody for flaming, they will create another account. That&#x27;s pretty much a fact, maybe RIOT can help fill in the percentage of banned people who dont make new accounts, but all of the people I know that have been perma banned, have continued playing on new accounts. Let&#x27;s see what you&#x27;ve done with that. You took away thousands of hours and hundreds of euros from a player, which means he probably wont bother to spend money on the game anymore, since he&#x27;s well aware a misplaced &quot;%%%% you&quot; can take it all back away from him. He will continue to flame. This one is more than certain, and any behavioural psychologist will tell you that a ban in an online game does not change a person enough, for him to turn from a flame machine to Mr. Jolly good fellow. Believe it or not, it&#x27;s in that person&#x27;s nature to get overexcited, and to use explicit words. In real world we got systems that have had billions of euros invested into them, and take years of treatment for people, and still have nowhere near 100% success rate (I&#x27;m talking resocialization facilities here, in case I lost you). Yes he will try to hold back a little, but he will still effectively be a flamer. So hes going to get perma banned again, and the cycle continues; all this time however, there was still that one same person who was permanently banned as a solution to the issue, still flaming and breaking rules in-game. I don't know how this "myth" of the "one missplaced "%%%% you"" resulting in a permaban ever came to be ... Oh, wait ... I know ... it was spread mainly by people that have already had past punishments and were unable to not fall back into flaming. And have no clue how the system works, or gave any effort to learn about it. > The issue is, that once you permanently ban someone, they effectively no longer have anything to lose, so they&#x27;ll very likely be on even worse behaviour. You hold back a little on your 2000€ worth account, but you definitely dont on your level 4 into which you&#x27;ve invested 3 hours of gameplay. They don't ? ... Funny that ... I think there are about three types of outcomes after a permaban ... a) You lose all interest in the game and move on, b) You make a new account and move on, improving as persons, c) You learn shit, make a new account and keep flaming people into oblivion and that account as well. If you have a second account to flame, which means you make a second (or third, or fourth) account to get it banned for flaming, at this point I don't think it's the system that has issues. > Now let&#x27;s see what would&#x27;ve happened if we used mutes for penalising such behaviour (which is btw what the all other gaming companies do, except perhaps very few that I do not know of, and it has prooved very efficient (where I work, we dont have hundreds of unban requests every day - there&#x27;s days without a single unban request, and I think our population is pretty on par with League of Legends&#x27;, and I am 100% sure our population is way above LoL&#x27;s EUNE population) ). So, this same person X, who seems to be a flame machine, gets muted for 20 games for saying &quot;%%%% you&quot;. Let&#x27;s say our know-it-all AI decides it&#x27;s a minor offence (only said once in the game, no really offensive behaviour outside of this), and adds a 10 game mute to this player. How does this affect our player X? First off, there&#x27;ll surely be 10 flame-free games from X (which cannot be said for a perma ban, even though that is a hundred times rougher punishment); Next, if X plays LoL with friends, he&#x27;ll probably not want another mute, since he really cannot talk to them in-game if he does get one - additionally, if X isnt an actual raging machine, but is instead a decent player who sometimes gets overexcited, he wont want another mute either, because it limits his ability to communicate with the team severely, and he cannot help with the shotcalling / decision making in-game. Riot did try simply Chat Restricting people that flamed, it was in the period before they fully launched the system known as IFS, the automated one. At that time they had even abolished the permaban policy. You know what happened ? There was a spike here in the fora, an increase of topics about trolling and intentionally feeding. People with 4 digit CRs turned into trolling and intentionally feeding. > I am not a RIOT employee, so I dont really have the statistics, but I am pretty (about 75%) sure that when a person gets a 25 chat restriction, they will have more games played offense-free in a row than when a person gets a 14 day ban (or a permanent ban even, but this one&#x27;s abit harder to track, because they have to play on another account) , and that speaks for itself, as to which punishments are actually effective. I've seen people with CR flame (I was in a net cafe at the time, walking around to find a pc to play, so it's a safe sample, because I had no connection with the people I observed), so that assumption is uncertain to say the least. > I am pretty sure that with the amount of sensitivity in this game, a &quot;Jinx buy IE&quot; comment could very likely be recognised as offensive, as in you&#x27;re telling another player what to do. It sure is more offensive than &quot;I am reporting you for verbal abuse&quot;... Funny. I make these types of remarks if not in every game, in every other game. I wonder why I've not been punished yet. :/ > Nobody should look up to this system, and nobody does look up to this system. Its obviously flawed in every possible way and the **other companies know it and laugh at it**. Sources ? > Yes, if the rules you agreed to are designed tyrannically. If I agree to not use the F word, and I use it once and get beheaded for it, that&#x27;s tyranny. You can call it a free world, but it&#x27;s tyranny by definition. You chose to play in a privately owned playground, and you expect what ? Democracy ? ... > No, it&#x27;s tyranny if they get beheaded for telling a random person to &quot;F off&quot;. You&#x27;re mixing apples and oranges here. We&#x27;re talking about the roughest punishment for the slightest rule abuse here (Beheading for swearing, or permanent ban for swearing - a permanent ban is in fact the beheading alternative of your digital account). And dont even get me started on &quot;he did it more than once!&quot; again, I told you already. Double jeopardy, anybody with any reasoning will take it into account. I've yet to see a permaban for saying once "F off" to one random person.
> [{quoted}](name=Aezander,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=kKBEyAx8,comment-id=00060002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-20T18:15:43.079+0000) > > Riot did try simply Chat Restricting people that flamed, it was in the period before they fully launched the system known as IFS, the automated one. At that time they had even abolished the permaban policy. You know what happened ? There was a spike here in the fora, an increase of topics about trolling and intentionally feeding. People with 4 digit CRs turned into trolling and intentionally feeding. I really cant be arsed to keep arguing with you guys, cause its alot like talking to a wall at this point, we're not getting anywhere with the discussion; I'll just quote this little part here though, cause I find it funny that you're contradicting yourself. You claim yourself that during the period of muting the flamers, there was a lot less flame in the game (but instead the trolling and feeding). Isnt this what we're trying to achieve here? The trolls and feeders can easily be banned right away after 1 game, and there is not a single reason for anybody to roll their ban back, because they have affected the outcome of the games negatively, which, if we consider LoL an e-sport, would be simillar to fixing football matches (obviously a major offense, for which you can easily get a few years in jail). I am definitely in favor of banning the feeders (intentional ones ofcourse) and trolls; I just dont see how "%%%% you" is a reason for a permanent ban, no matter if the person who said it is a North Korean dictator. It just doesnt matter. Theres no justification (for reasonable people, not robots) for banning this. And as far as the source goes, had you read my comments before, you'd know what it is, and it is pretty accurate. This is my last post on this topic, as it's getting nowhere. Feel free to continue arguing, I'll be celebrating holidays in the meantime. :-) Regards
: An actual fix for some FPS issues
Seemed to improve the FPS a little bit for me. Thanks! Regards
jacktjong (EUW)
: True, it is an internal problem. But maybe try playing without YT on another screen, my framedrops gets worse from that too...
If it doesnt affect GTA V on very high, it shouldnt affect League; point blank period. I dont think YouTube should be a reason that a casual game wouldnt run on a 2000€ gaming rig. Regards
: Because it isn't. You can ignore a flamer, sure. You can also ignore someone who's inting or trolling. But why should you? All of these are hurting the game. If this person got permabanned for saying "F off", he had several warnings before that. Several times to show riot that they learned their lesson and that they shouldn't flame others if they want to keep their account that they spent so much time and money on. Yes, and the thousands of comments daily that tell all of these complaints that their ban is justified show that it is indeed normal. Yes, AI is okay to use in this scenario, cause there is no excuse to flame, regardless the situation. Yes, we should perma ban everything and everybody that uses the F word negatively towards one of their fellow players after they had several attempts to reform. Nope, no one will get banned if they try to help their teammates. You could say "I think your Jinx will improve if you buy IE first.", but you can't say "Omfg Jinx you stupid noob, because of you not building IE first we're going to lose! Uninstall pls!" Nope, not all the other gaming companies. But some of the MOBA games should indeed look up to this system. It's tyranny for you that you get punished if you break the rules you agreed to? Man, maybe we should also do this in real life, eh? I mean, it's tyranny if someone goes to jail after they've stolen something, right?
I am going to quote you and answer you bit by bit this time, because you seem to get lost in bigger walls of text, which is fine. I'll try to be spot on this time. :-) > [{quoted}](name=Notice me Xayah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=kKBEyAx8,comment-id=000600020000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-20T00:35:58.786+0000) > > Because it isn&#x27;t. You can ignore a flamer, sure. You can also ignore someone who&#x27;s inting or trolling. But why should you? All of these are hurting the game. > No, you cannot ignore someone who's inting or trolling, because they are effectively making the game 4v5 (or arguably 4v6), which is unfair to play. Saying "%%%% off" does not help the enemy team in any way at all (unless you're going to say it's a distraction again, which we both know is absolute bollocks. If thats the case, my television is helping the enemy team, and so is my dog when he barks outside) > [{quoted}](name=Notice me Xayah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=kKBEyAx8,comment-id=000600020000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-20T00:35:58.786+0000) > > If this person got permabanned for saying &quot;F off&quot;, he had several warnings before that. Several times to show riot that they learned their lesson and that they shouldn&#x27;t flame others if they want to keep their account that they spent so much time and money on. > As I've said, how many times they've done something is completely irrelevant. They have already "served" the time punishment for those offenses, and bringing them up once again is wrong. In American law this is called double jeopardy; you might want to read a little on that. It makes sense to anybody who thinks it through. When taking into consideration punishments one should only be taking into account what has been said / done in this case, at this time. Everything else should be (and is in systems that work properly) irrelevant. > Yes, and the thousands of comments daily that tell all of these complaints that their ban is justified show that it is indeed normal. I am legitimately wondering whether there are more people saying this ban is justified than not. If you take a look at the upvotes in the comments, it's pretty obvious there's more people who believe it's bollocks, so once again; No, its not normal. > Yes, AI is okay to use in this scenario, cause there is no excuse to flame, regardless the situation. Thats actually a lie. Riot claimed themselves that saying "%%%% I messed up" in the game chat is perfectly fine. Can you assure me that AI can know 100% when a "%%%%" is aimed at another player offensively, and when it is just being used as a sigh/filler? Probably not. With the advancement of technology, I wonder why nobody else except for RIOT is using AI to judge whether a human is guilty or not in the law systems around the world. Im sure there are thousands of companies that could develop better AI than RIOT has, and there doesnt seem to be any. Can you figure out why is that on your own, or do you want me to give you a hint? ~~It doesnt work.~~ > Yes, we should perma ban everything and everybody that uses the F word negatively towards one of their fellow players after they had several attempts to reform. As mentioned before, perma banning such cases is extremely inefficient, and helps a lot less than muting them would, but I'll explain it once again. If you permanently ban somebody for flaming, they will create another account. That's pretty much a fact, maybe RIOT can help fill in the percentage of banned people who dont make new accounts, but all of the people I know that have been perma banned, have continued playing on new accounts. Let's see what you've done with that. You took away thousands of hours and hundreds of euros from a player, which means he probably wont bother to spend money on the game anymore, since he's well aware a misplaced "%%%% you" can take it all back away from him. He will continue to flame. This one is more than certain, and any behavioural psychologist will tell you that a ban in an online game does not change a person enough, for him to turn from a flame machine to Mr. Jolly good fellow. Believe it or not, it's in that person's nature to get overexcited, and to use explicit words. In real world we got systems that have had billions of euros invested into them, and take years of treatment for people, and still have nowhere near 100% success rate (I'm talking resocialization facilities here, in case I lost you). Yes he will try to hold back a little, but he will still effectively be a flamer. So hes going to get perma banned again, and the cycle continues; all this time however, there was still that one same person who was permanently banned as a solution to the issue, still flaming and breaking rules in-game. The issue is, that once you permanently ban someone, they effectively no longer have anything to lose, so they'll very likely be on even worse behaviour. You hold back a little on your 2000€ worth account, but you definitely dont on your level 4 into which you've invested 3 hours of gameplay. Now let's see what would've happened if we used mutes for penalising such behaviour (which is btw what the all other gaming companies do, except perhaps very few that I do not know of, and it has prooved very efficient (where I work, we dont have hundreds of unban requests every day - there's days without a single unban request, and I think our population is pretty on par with League of Legends', and I am 100% sure our population is way above LoL's EUNE population) ). So, this same person X, who seems to be a flame machine, gets muted for 20 games for saying "%%%% you". Let's say our know-it-all AI decides it's a minor offence (only said once in the game, no really offensive behaviour outside of this), and adds a 10 game mute to this player. How does this affect our player X? First off, there'll surely be 10 flame-free games from X (which cannot be said for a perma ban, even though that is a hundred times rougher punishment); Next, if X plays LoL with friends, he'll probably not want another mute, since he really cannot talk to them in-game if he does get one - additionally, if X isnt an actual raging machine, but is instead a decent player who sometimes gets overexcited, he wont want another mute either, because it limits his ability to communicate with the team severely, and he cannot help with the shotcalling / decision making in-game. I am not a RIOT employee, so I dont really have the statistics, but I am pretty (about 75%) sure that when a person gets a 25 chat restriction, they will have more games played offense-free in a row than when a person gets a 14 day ban (or a permanent ban even, but this one's abit harder to track, because they have to play on another account) , and that speaks for itself, as to which punishments are actually effective. > Nope, no one will get banned if they try to help their teammates. You could say &quot;I think your Jinx will improve if you buy IE first.&quot;, but you can&#x27;t say &quot;Omfg Jinx you stupid noob, because of you not building IE first we&#x27;re going to lose! Uninstall pls!&quot; > I am pretty sure that with the amount of sensitivity in this game, a "Jinx buy IE" comment could very likely be recognised as offensive, as in you're telling another player what to do. It sure is more offensive than "I am reporting you for verbal abuse"... > Nope, not all the other gaming companies. But some of the MOBA games should indeed look up to this system. > Nobody should look up to this system, and nobody does look up to this system. Its obviously flawed in every possible way and the other companies know it and laugh at it. > It&#x27;s tyranny for you that you get punished if you break the rules you agreed to? Yes, if the rules you agreed to are designed tyrannically. If I agree to not use the F word, and I use it once and get beheaded for it, that's tyranny. You can call it a free world, but it's tyranny by definition. > Man, maybe we should also do this in real life, eh? I mean, it&#x27;s tyranny if someone goes to jail after they&#x27;ve stolen something, right? No, it's tyranny if they get beheaded for telling a random person to "F off". You're mixing apples and oranges here. We're talking about the roughest punishment for the slightest rule abuse here (Beheading for swearing, or permanent ban for swearing - a permanent ban is in fact the beheading alternative of your digital account). And dont even get me started on "he did it more than once!" again, I told you already. Double jeopardy, anybody with any reasoning will take it into account. Regards
TOMK1N (EUW)
: Random High Ping Spikes
I had a simillar issue not long ago - switching to a wired connection fixed it for me. :-) Regards
: An actual fix for some FPS issues
This looks promising Fishes, I'll try it when I get home tomorrow. Thanks for sharing! Regards, Topgun
: Yes, atleast in some MMORPGs you can leave a dungeon after you defeat one of the bosses without a penalty. Nope, it does not. Maybe the flame tilted you? Maybe you made a stupid decision and you already know that, then someone thinks it's a good idea to tell you that you are stupid and you should uninstall your game because you made one bad play. There are more than enough people who'll get tilted by that and play worse from that point. Also: They agreed to the summoners code, which states that you can't flame your teammates without risking a ban. So why should inters and trolls get reported and banned but not flamers, even though they are both breaking the rules? Sure you can play good while you do something else besides that, doesn't mean that you'll play as good as you would if you only concentrated on the game itself. And if you are breaking the rules while you do it it's even worse. Nope, I think it's good the way it is. Oh, and if someone is inting or trolling you should also not report them because you'll probably won't see them again, right? Yeah, and that means one of the flamers is gone for good. One of the other flamers maybe sees that their behaviour was bad and reform and the other 8 continue to flame, will lose more accounts and someday they will also stop playing. OR because they see that nothing will ever happen when they flame they'll start doing it more often and with worse things. Yes, and like I said. I like it. If you break the rules, you should get punished. It's as easy as that.
> [{quoted}](name=Notice me Xayah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=kKBEyAx8,comment-id=0006000200000000,timestamp=2017-12-19T19:53:32.202+0000) > > Yes, atleast in some MMORPGs you can leave a dungeon after you defeat one of the bosses without a penalty. > > Nope, it does not. Maybe the flame tilted you? Maybe you made a stupid decision and you already know that, then someone thinks it&#x27;s a good idea to tell you that you are stupid and you should uninstall your game because you made one bad play. There are more than enough people who&#x27;ll get tilted by that and play worse from that point. > Also: They agreed to the summoners code, which states that you can&#x27;t flame your teammates without risking a ban. So why should inters and trolls get reported and banned but not flamers, even though they are both breaking the rules? > > Sure you can play good while you do something else besides that, doesn&#x27;t mean that you&#x27;ll play as good as you would if you only concentrated on the game itself. And if you are breaking the rules while you do it it&#x27;s even worse. > > Nope, I think it&#x27;s good the way it is. > > Oh, and if someone is inting or trolling you should also not report them because you&#x27;ll probably won&#x27;t see them again, right? > > Yeah, and that means one of the flamers is gone for good. One of the other flamers maybe sees that their behaviour was bad and reform and the other 8 continue to flame, will lose more accounts and someday they will also stop playing. > OR because they see that nothing will ever happen when they flame they&#x27;ll start doing it more often and with worse things. > > Yes, and like I said. I like it. > If you break the rules, you should get punished. It&#x27;s as easy as that. I dont get it how you still cant see that a mute is a better punishment for abusing the chat than a ban after I explained it to you. Noone is stating they shouldnt be punished, but to ban an account with hundreds of euros invested into skins and thousands of hours spent in the game for telling someone to "F off" is a major overreaction, and that's obvious to anybody who's ever worked in the community administration business, except at RIOT it would seem. But whatever, I am sure that hundreds of complaints daily are normal, and nothing to reconsider - Im sure having Artificial Inteligence judge human behaviour is perfect, and Im sure that we should perma ban everything and everybody that uses the F word, or tells us how to get better, cause it's killing our vibe and distracting us. Looks like you and RIOT got it figured out, and all the other gaming companies should look up to this fine example of hundreds of complaints everywhere. :-) Looks like I should suggest tyranny to my employer aswell. Regards
: The thing is that this isn't an MMORPG. Obviously the games rules will differ. In an MMORPG you can simply leave the group and look for a new one if someone is being rude to you. In a MOBA you have to play with this person till the game ends. And sure, you can mute them. Doesn't mean they'll stop flaming, which'll lead to not concentrating on the game and rather on looking at the mistakes of the others.
> [{quoted}](name=Notice me Xayah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=kKBEyAx8,comment-id=00060002,timestamp=2017-12-19T15:08:48.563+0000) > > The thing is that this isn&#x27;t an MMORPG. Obviously the games rules will differ. > In an MMORPG you can simply leave the group and look for a new one if someone is being rude to you. > In a MOBA you have to play with this person till the game ends. And sure, you can mute them. Doesn&#x27;t mean they&#x27;ll stop flaming, which&#x27;ll lead to not concentrating on the game and rather on looking at the mistakes of the others. I dont agree with that at all. You cannot leave the group in the middle of a dungeon in a MMORPG regardless of other players' behaviour without being penalised for it, so your argument is kind of invalid. Also, just as easy as in a MMORPG guild system, you can join a CLUB on LoL and play with them, to remove the PUG element and be in an idiot-proof group. The mute will remove 100% (yes, 100%) of the flamer's impact on your game, so I dont see a good reason for all the fuss about this. Mute them and continue with your gaming. If they start to break the game in a different manner (e.g. inting - note: actual inting, not being a poor player), theres other reports available, which SHOULD be banable (continuous intentionally ruining games and forcing your team to lose is indeed gamebreaking - flaming isnt) and can be easily reported to RIOT. As far as your "hes flaming, he cant be focused on the game", you have to be kidding. I know people who watch TV while they play LoL and they're quite high elo (low diamond). Might aswell make it so you cant run LoL with any other programs in the background, cause they're just a distraction. And disable chat completely - Ive seen helpful people die while typing several times, do you propose we ban them aswell? >.< I think the general LoL community is way too snowflakey at this point. Just play the game and have fun, and mute whoever's killing your vibe. 9 times out of 10 you wont see that flamer ever again, or for the next 100 matches at least. How exactly does him getting banned impact you at all, I cant see. You'll say there'll be more flamers, which isnt even true at all. I bet 9 out of 10 people banned for flaming create new accounts and continue playing, so you havent done anything but shut down somebody's hard earned account. Instead, you could give them a 20 game mute and actuallyimpacted the next 20 games by this player possitively, and the player would eventually get used to keeping his mouth shut. I am close to disgusted by how counterproductive this system is right now, and how little thought RIOT and the majority of the community have put into it. Regards
Humedu (EUNE)
: Is this what Riot throws permanent bans for?
The game is oversensitive, I agree. I am a moderator at one of the largest MMORPGs on the market (which I wont name, to not advertise), and I've yet to see a player get a mute, let alone a BAN for "%%%% off". No matter what his history is - he was already punished for it. A player who hacks, is banned for 30 days for example. After that, if he says "%%%% you", he wont be treated any differently than a new player saying it for the first time. Hes not going to get a permanent ban for that. You can remove chat toxicity with mutes, not bans. Bans are for exploits and hacks. Period. There is no justification for a ban for saying "%%%% you" and this is where Riot has it horribly wrong. I can agree with bans for real life threats (e.g . cancer to your family), racial or political offenses, but a "you suck" resulting in a permanent ban is just stupid. But its their game, if they want it so, so be it. Though I agree, it is miles from functional. Regards
Get Juk3d (EUNE)
: if you're behind you should avoid fighting and stick to farming. this game is all about advantage, so if you farm until get some items and level up as well your enemy wont have the advantage over you anymore but if you fall behind and you keep fighting them you're just pushing there advantage further. it can also be the number advantage. meaning if you're a mid laner and you have died 2 times so far in lane if your jungler and top laner come to gank ... well it will be a 3 v 1 and that's usually a free kill. so as i said try to get advantages anyway you can, but mostly with farm
Exactly. The idea when behind is to catch up by farming. You can still fight if your jungler comes to gank the enemy who is pushing too far, but you shouldnt fight any more than you have to. By farming in lane, you ideally keep the fed enemy (your opponent, who is ahead of you) occupied in the lane, because if he leaves, you catch up, and if he stays, theres no global threat. However do make sure to ping excessively if your fed opponent goes missing from lane. That usually means somebody is going to die. Aditionally, dont push the wave too far. Even at higher levels, try to just last hit, in order to prevent the wave running into the danger zone, where the fed opponent is likely to ambush you with an all-in. And for Gods sake, if you are 0/1 play it safe. If you are 0/2, dont fight at all; its obvious you're not going to win fights at this point. Regards
jacktjong (EUW)
: Dude, I have a GTX 650 and an AMD Athlon 750k Quad Core processor, which is around very mediocre i5, and I can play on high settings and only have minor framedrops, what are you running on the background 0_o Or do you have low RAM? That can be a problem too...
Running nothing in the background other than Google Chrome. This is a LoL issue, not a PC issue, more than obviously if you look at the number of people complaining (and hundreds more who dont complain)... I run GTA V on very high settings with ease, and LoL struggles to run on medium? Please... Rito fix your game... >.< Regards P.s.: 8GB RAM, which I know isnt alot, but if it isnt enough for LoL + Google Chrome's youtube, then I dont know what is.
: Are people still having FPS drops?
Same here, still having terrible lags. Playing on a 2k € Alienware, with a GTX 970M and a HQ i7 processor, the game is unplayable at medium settings, even though nVidia optimization recommends me to play at ultra. Its disgusting what they're doing with this game. Regards
Rioter Comments
: Runes Reforged, Paths to Victory: Kindred, Eternal Hunters. (My take on Kindred Runes, Contains TLDR
Great video Chay! Please do keep these coming, you have a new subscriber on your channel. ^_^ Regards, Ninjutsou
: I have a thing for {{champion:36}} support...however quite unfortunatly, i don't have "runable" MRPen anymore and the Revitalize rune does not benefit regeneration, so for {{champion:36}} is a letdown. I should try another main tree but the green...but any other bonus but the health one is quite useless for {{champion:36}} support ; _ ;.
Thanks, Mundo support actually sounds fun lol. I'll test it out abit and will let you know if I come up any really good builds that actually work. :-) Regards, Ninjutsou
LazySlav (EUNE)
: It was easier to take a picture, here you go: https://imgur.com/l5hlMd8 But i am trying with different second row, till i find what it fits most, this is good for him.. If you have some other idea please show me
Nice, I'll give this build a test, thanks for sharing it! :-) Regards, Ninjutsou
Èclair (EUNE)
: {{champion:133}} **Fleet Footwork** -> _Triumph_ -> _Legend: Alacrity_ -> C_oup De Grace_ **Sorcery** -> _Gathering Storm_ -> _Celerity_ _Manaflow Band_ would suffice if you're mana hungry during laning phase instead of one of the Sorcery perks. _Scorch_ might be good for improving your lane bully capabilities but I don't think it's needed with her strong burst and passive. If you don't like Sorcery as a secondary path you might try: **Domination** -> _Sudden Impact_ -> _Eyeball Collector_ / _Zombie Ward_ ___ I went with this build: {{item:3031}} {{item:3006}} {{item:3142}} {{item:3046}} {{item:3139}} and did 43k damage in the spawn of 38 minutes with 15/5/11 score and 230 CS _(yeah I sux at farming)_. But I can aleady see that it isn't the best way to build her. First of all {{item:3142}} is awful choice. Any {{item:3035}} would do better. I picked it up thinking that it'll help me with closing the gap between me and future Valor's food. It's not that good though and I don't really need it with r2 ultimate. {{item:3139}} was only situational because I had hard times with Riven focusing me. After cleansing her stun getting out of TF alive was much easier task to accomplish. {{item:3046}} sux. Get {{item:3087}} for more crit and better energized attack. It's 100% worth it. I think that final build would look like that: {{item:3031}} {{item:3006}} {{item:3087}} {{item:3508}} {{item:3072}} {{item:3035}} _(upgraded to whatever you need atm)_ ___ I actually think that FF Quinn might be viable choice. Her kit isn't bad - she has strong burst damage, vision on her W that allows her to spot the enemy from the distance, her ultimate isn't that bad considering that it might be used to roam and helps with her positioning during TF _(you only need to taff about in the distance and wait for your team to engage wich is really handy)_. I actually ended up 3/0 after enemy jungle ganked our lane. My support died so it was 3 to 1 trade and they had Riven jungling _(I actually realized that only after she died and I was confused whether she went all the way from the top lane just to kill us, yeah I'm not the brightest person on earth)_. So her laning phase isn't that bad and she can nuke one squishy target during TF. Even duel with enemy ADC considering how strong her Q is against AA reliant champions. You can also hunt down isolated targets in the enemy jungle as long as you have vision on them. I actually found invading enemy jungle quite easy as you can quickly escape when odds aren't in your favour as long as they don't cancel your ultimate. So yeah, Make Quinn Great Again dream came true. Give her some love please~
So, you run this build as an ADC right? Or in the top lane (or both)? It looks promising, I'll go play around with it a little - didnt like Quinn much last time I played her tbh, it might feel better this time around. ^_^ Thanks for sharing this build, please do keep them coming if you come up with any other innovative builds! Regards, Ninjutsou
Nijelous (EUW)
: Ryze Top, wanted to play him for so long, and he is finally not bad. Primary tree is either Sorcery or Inspiration Sorcery: Phase Rush, Manaflow band, The cdr one, scotch Inspiration: Unsealed Spellbook, biscuit delivery, futures market, cosmic insight Secondary is debatable, still need to find a good one, but here's some suggestions Domination: Cheap shot Ravenous Hunter Inspiration: Futures market Cosmic insight Sorcery: Manaflow band Cdr one in 2nd bar Build is usually year into ROA then boots then morllonomicon then archangels then whatever for last 2 items, 2 cdr for sorc and 1 for anything else This is so fun, most fun since his rework, as an old Ryze main
Awesome Nijelous, actually I was looking for some top lane mages I could play. Im definitely going to give Ryze a try. I just love the amount of safety you get in the top lane as a mage (generally up against melee champs, so they have somewhat low kill potential onto you). Please do keep them coming if you find anything else worth sharing! Regards, Ninjutsou
: #You don't know true fear until you're matched against a Jungle Poppy with Predator. --- https://orig00.deviantart.net/17a9/f/2013/072/b/3/poppy_in_bush_by_ipgae-d5xx01g.jpg (**art by ipgae**; please ignore the fact that this is still the old Poppy) --- ##Assassin **Domination** Predator; Sudden Impact; Eyeball Collection; Relentless Hunter **Precision** Triumph; Legend: Tenacity --- ##Bruiser **Domination** Predator; Sudden Impact; Eyeball Collection; Relentless Hunter **Resolve** Font of Life; Conditioning --- Start {{item:1039}} {{item:2031}} Core /Assassin {{item:1400}} {{item:3147}} {{item:3078}} Core/Bruiser {{item:1401}} {{item:3071}} {{item:3025}} Then build typical Bruiser items or even Tank.
Nice, Im going to give the Assassin Poppy a try I think. It looks fun. Have you tried crit Poppy yet? That also seems viable if you're building 2 offensive items (like IE and Shiv instead of TF and Duskblade); its nice because last I recall, your buckler can crit (where you throw your shield), and that can hurt ALOT. Thanks for your input, keep them coming if you find anything else! :-) Regards, Ninjutsou
Wadud92 (EUW)
: {{champion:236}} I've been told he is dead, but he feels really good to me. Press the Attack, Overheal, Bloodline, Cut Down, Relentless Hunter and Sudden Impact. The idea is simple, I can easily proc Sudden Impact and Relentless Hunter with auto e double auto, now my Q chunks like a %%%%%%%%%%%%. Bloodline and Overheal are for sustain as I like to pick up life steal later on into the game. The other two runes are just what fit best. I still use the same build I always use {{item:1038}} > {{item:3087}} or{{item:3046}} >{{item:3508}} >{{item:3153}} and I (now) pick up {{item:3158}}. That 40% CDR is important to me, I want to be able to E as much as humanly possible Leona and Ezreal feel good also. Aftershock on Leona is amazing, Kleptomancy on Ezreal is, well, i'm sure that will get nerfed on him lets put it that way, free stats and sustain and gold for hitting a Q, makes it so much easyer for him to get though that part of the game where he has less damage because of tear because now he does not have that issue
Lucian is actually one of my all-time favourites. Do you play him on adc, on mid, both, or neither? Have you tried any different rune set ups, such as Electrocute (I figure that one might be a bit better for lane trading)? And do you not build Infinity Edge? It seems like it would be amazing with all the crit you're getting in this build (50% flat crit without IE, hopping up to 70% with it) Thanks alot for your input! Looks like a fun build, I miss all-out damage Lucian (so used to building black cleaver throughout the mid-season >_< ) Regards, Ninjutsou
: {{champion:141}} I've been playing Blue Kayn a crazy amount the last week or so, Including just before the patch. Current Rune setup here: https://i.imgur.com/PIiTTSf.png I build {{item:1039}} with {{item:2031}} then clear chickens and red. Move onto wolves and blue and look to gank if not I continue my clear. I try to back with enough gold for {{item:3133}} then go back to clearing again and look for ganks. If i get super far ahead I will build that into {{item:3147}} and build {{item:1400}} next. If not then vice versa. After that, It's quite simple. {{item:3117}} early if possible followed by {{item:3142}} then {{item:3814}} If I'm having problems catching people after exiting a wall. The most important part is working around your duskblade and electrocute as the burst you can get from it is insane. Most of the time I can catch people out of place due to his crazy high mobility with mobies and ghostblade. Just an example: https://i.imgur.com/dAS2S5E.png If anyone has some questions feel free to ask {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} AIIigatoah. :Edit: Please bare in mind that this is low elo.
Thats awesome, I wanted to get more into Kayn, but always felt like the damage just wasnt there early on (I only played like 3 or 4 matches until I gave up on him, as he came out). Have you tried swapping out Electrocute for Dark Harvest? I think that could make him even scarier, and scale better into the late game. Thanks for your input, will definitely try this one out! Regards, Ninjutsou
LazySlav (EUNE)
: Gnar - why? Because he has {{item:3022}} on his autoattacks now! :O
Do you play him top? What runes do you pick for him? Regards
CoffeeNad0 (EUNE)
: Ekko instead of katarina or syndra
Having a wider champion pool is always useful. I think you should play all of them situationally. For example, Id say Syndra is the safest pick of the three - highest range, the most reliable cc, the easiest-to-land ultimate ability, etc... However, Id pick a different champion into Yasuo or Fizz for example, who can stop your ultimate ability with ease, if you play Syndra. So, for those matchups Id probably go with Ekko, as he is still safer than Katarina (can farm from afar somewhat easily, and is in a very good spot right now). Id pick Katarina if I was in a premade group and could reliably get ahead and help other lanes, she does it extremely well. Overall, I think you should get Ekko, and stick to playing all of them situationally and depending on your preference. :-) Regards, Ninjutsou
Rioter Comments
Acrilyk3 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ninjutsou,realm=EUNE,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=RRjf6fmj,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-10-07T19:34:48.635+0000) > > Hey mate! > > The best advice I can give you consists of a couple general tips; > > The first one is: wards away! > Honestly, if you&#x27;re that worried about enemy junglers ganking you, you need to have a ward placed in your bush at all times. If you&#x27;re playing champions like Riven and Irelia, chances are, the enemy jungler will pay extra attention to you, cause you&#x27;re a snowball champion. If you get ahead, he is likely going to lose the game, and he knows that, so he&#x27;ll make sure he stops it. However, it is your duty to ward river to ensure your safety: Know that enemy junglers such as Lee Sin, Rek&#x27;Sai, Gragas can be extremely fast with their ganks, and the ganks can come from A LOT of different spots. Ward the areas that&#x27;ll cover ganks from most of these spots. > > The second best one is: stay frosty. > Before we go any further, the above point is mandatory and the most important of all. If you dont keep your lane warded for incoming ganks, dying to a gank is your own fault (as long as you have a ward ready). The sad thing is, you cant have a ward placed on the map 24/7 (besides a pink ward, for which you need the first back, and first ganks usually happen before it) - you need to make up for that by staying frosty. Watch the minimap and learn from it. Mid laner missing? Thats a very possible gank on the top side. Move a bit backwards, towards your turret so you can reset if he collapses on you. Havent seen the enemy jungler in a while? Another very possible gank on the top side. Im not sure how much you&#x27;ve played jungle, if at all, but heres the general idea of how it works: > > You can expect your lane to be the point of the enemy jungler&#x27;s gank if: > - You are pushing towards your enemy laner&#x27;s turret hard and he is unable to farm efficiently (best believe he&#x27;s going to call his jungler for help, and its going to hurt you if youre not ready) > - You are deep in the lane on somewhat low hp (under 50%, when the enemy is above 30% hp means you are a perfect target to score a kill on, unless you&#x27;re under your turret, or sometimes even then) > - You&#x27;ve recently seen a gank on mid, jungler left the lane into the top side jungle > - Jungler was spotted at the bot side of the map more about 2 minutes ago (you have to assume he cleared his bot side jungle, and will go to clear his top side now - best believe he&#x27;ll stop by for a gank if he gets the opportunity) > - The enemy team has scored the rift scuttler recently (you can see the timer left of the scuttler&#x27;s vision above it - if you can see it has a nearly full timer left, that means hes up there somewhere. Check the river often!) > - The enemy is acting strange (this could range from spamming his mastery emote when hes at 20% hp and you&#x27;re at 60% hp, to spamming dance emotes, to spamming recall and canceling it right afterwards... &lt;- All of these things are very likely to be a bait. You&#x27;re going to all-in cause you know you can take him and the Lee Sin will magically appear from the bush behind you to kick your butt and look awesome doing it) > - Its getting close to 20min mark (thats rift herald time. If the drake is dead, the herald is definitely the best objective to take at this point, and enemy jungler will be looking at taking it, and killing you in the process) > > Under all circumstances, you should track the position of the enemy jungler and mid laner to your best ability using wards and common sense. You can prevent most of the incoming ganks with the combination of those two. > > The third advice I give you, is buy pink wards ( 75 gold wards). If you are afraid of an enemy gank, and you&#x27;ve been back to your base at least once and you dont have a control ward placed / in your inventory, you&#x27;re doing it wrong. I understand you cant buy a pink ward at the start, cause it ruins your build (cant build a dorans item), but in matchups where you know you counter the enemy, take a pink ward. Longsword + control ward + healing potion = 100% awesomeness if you know you can handle the matchup. Regardless however, every time you back, you need to invest into a control ward. You really do. > > > The final advice I can give you is to point out that you have a jungler too. Are you that confident about yourself? Good, tell your jungler. Tell him to focus top, and you can snowball big time. Tell him you&#x27;re a good player, but you need a little boost. Take ignite. Show him you&#x27;re serious about it, that you&#x27;re looking for fights and that you can follow up his ganks. If he comes top and you guys get a kill, he&#x27;ll have confidence in you - he&#x27;ll know that whenever he comes top, he can expect your help, and he&#x27;ll come top to help you a lot more often. Your mid laner will know that top is an important lane, and will make sure to follow enemy mid laners&#x27; roams to top side, should they happen. Enemy jungler will be scared, knowing you&#x27;re getting fed and you mean business. He wont come top unless hes really sure he can get the kill on you - he knows that if the gank fails, top lane is over. However, its not as easy as that: You owe it to your jungler to ease his ganks a little. Do NOT push the lane if you want a gank from your jungler. Ganking a pushed lane is stupid, unless you have good communication (like Discord). > > Hope that helped, if you need more tips, just let me know and I can think of some other ones I suppose, but if you follow these, you&#x27;ll be good. Also, play around with different champions to get a feel of them; that&#x27;ll ease up your top lane 1v1 capabilities. > > Regards, > Ninjutsou Hands down best tips I've ever gotten. Thanks. By the way, how do you ADC?
> [{quoted}](name=Acrilyk3,realm=EUNE,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=RRjf6fmj,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2017-10-09T12:33:27.077+0000) > > Hands down best tips I&#x27;ve ever gotten. Thanks. > > By the way, how do you ADC? It's quite simple; I love playing ADCs because of how much damage you dish out. The downside of being an ADC is, you'll be teamed up with random people who you'll rely on heavily to help you through the laning phase. It is the most important for the ADC of all (if you ask me) to keep a cool head and be supportive of other people. Bring your best mood, be positive and your support will love you, your jungler will love you and you'll be able to make flashy plays happen. Long story short, the most important thing about playing ADC champions is surviving. Most ADCs are somewhat immobile, so you rely on your positioning to avoid being collapsed on. As far as the laning phase goes, your job is to farm. Unless you are playing a very favourable matchup (e.g. you're playing Draven into enemy's Lucian, which is a pretty good counter) you should focus on farming - try to last hit as many minions as possible, and try to avoid pushing the lane too far out, so you avoid the risk of being ganked. If you're outfarming the enemy ADC, you're also going to outscale him, which is a huge part of playing an ADC. Marksmen scale amazingly well, and as long as you're not dying a lot, you'll be insanely strong later on, even if you havent got a single kill - thats why staying alive and farming is a priority above killing. The hard part of being an ADC is teamfights. When missiles are being thrown all over the place, tanks trying to knock you up or stun you, enemy support trying to land a root / hook on you, enemy mid laner trying to land that one shot combo right on top of you and the enemy jungler looking for a flank, is when your heart starts accelerating as an ADC. If you survive through it, you can wipe the entire enemy team. If you die, your team will likely die with you. Positioning is crucial. ALWAYS stay behind your front line, so the tanks will bodyblock most of the skillshots for you. It also makes it so enemy carries have a hard time reaching you. If you dont see 5 of them, chances are, 1 of them is trying to flank you. Make sure youre staying closer to a warded area, and youre nowhere near fog of war (e.g. if you're at the middle lane, and you have top side of the jungle warded and bot is covered in fog, you need to be positioned on the top side of the middle lane). Second important thing to note is, and I'm going to caps lock this one because it is insanely important and what a lot of ADCs don't get for some reason, ATTACK WHOEVER YOU CAN. This kind of goes with the point I made before - survival is crucial. If the enemy Nautilus dives you, but a bit behind him are Orianna, Xayah and Kha'Zix, you attack Nautilus. You MUST stay in the back line, and your job is to try to make sure there is only one enemy champion in range at all times - the one you're hitting. Kill the big fat Nautilus first, and focus on the carries next. You should focus the squishy targets if they're all equally close though, thats for sure. tl;dr : Farm safely early, dont wander around alone, stay behind your front line (the tanks), dont go any closer to the enemy team than you absolutely need to be in order to hit one of them (whoevers closest). If you have any particular champions in mind you want to play, let me know. They all have their own tricks, but at the end of the day, the above sums it up the best. ^_^ Regards, Ninjutsou
Acrilyk3 (EUNE)
: How to stop being trash
> [{quoted}](name=Acrilyk3,realm=EUNE,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=RRjf6fmj,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-10-05T20:09:15.537+0000) > > So I want to stop being trash. I play Riven and Irelia. I practice riven 24/7 and I try to improve. > > Everytime I play a game with any of my favorite toplaners the jungler always ganks me first and I feed first blood. Then I get back to lane and he is still there so I end up with no farm and feeding even more. > > Plus, enemy team and my team flames me since im trash. Also they end up sending 4 people top to kill me in the tower since they find a negative score person prioritary and my team doesnt even push any lane. > > My 1v1s are flawless but I cant 1v1 when the enemy jungler is camping the bushes to rape me. And it appears my jungler prioritizes the blue buff instead of protecting my tower. > > Please give me advice. > > P.S: > Most played champions: > Malphite, Riven, Irelia, Garen Hey mate! The best advice I can give you consists of a couple general tips; The first one is: wards away! Honestly, if you're that worried about enemy junglers ganking you, you need to have a ward placed in your bush at all times. If you're playing champions like Riven and Irelia, chances are, the enemy jungler will pay extra attention to you, cause you're a snowball champion. If you get ahead, he is likely going to lose the game, and he knows that, so he'll make sure he stops it. However, it is your duty to ward river to ensure your safety: Know that enemy junglers such as Lee Sin, Rek'Sai, Gragas can be extremely fast with their ganks, and the ganks can come from A LOT of different spots. Ward the areas that'll cover ganks from most of these spots. The second best one is: stay frosty. Before we go any further, the above point is mandatory and the most important of all. If you dont keep your lane warded for incoming ganks, dying to a gank is your own fault (as long as you have a ward ready). The sad thing is, you cant have a ward placed on the map 24/7 (besides a pink ward, for which you need the first back, and first ganks usually happen before it) - you need to make up for that by staying frosty. Watch the minimap and learn from it. Mid laner missing? Thats a very possible gank on the top side. Move a bit backwards, towards your turret so you can reset if he collapses on you. Havent seen the enemy jungler in a while? Another very possible gank on the top side. Im not sure how much you've played jungle, if at all, but heres the general idea of how it works: You can expect your lane to be the point of the enemy jungler's gank if: - You are pushing towards your enemy laner's turret hard and he is unable to farm efficiently (best believe he's going to call his jungler for help, and its going to hurt you if youre not ready) - You are deep in the lane on somewhat low hp (under 50%, when the enemy is above 30% hp means you are a perfect target to score a kill on, unless you're under your turret, or sometimes even then) - You've recently seen a gank on mid, jungler left the lane into the top side jungle - Jungler was spotted at the bot side of the map more about 2 minutes ago (you have to assume he cleared his bot side jungle, and will go to clear his top side now - best believe he'll stop by for a gank if he gets the opportunity) - The enemy team has scored the rift scuttler recently (you can see the timer left of the scuttler's vision above it - if you can see it has a nearly full timer left, that means hes up there somewhere. Check the river often!) - The enemy is acting strange (this could range from spamming his mastery emote when hes at 20% hp and you're at 60% hp, to spamming dance emotes, to spamming recall and canceling it right afterwards... <- All of these things are very likely to be a bait. You're going to all-in cause you know you can take him and the Lee Sin will magically appear from the bush behind you to kick your butt and look awesome doing it) - Its getting close to 20min mark (thats rift herald time. If the drake is dead, the herald is definitely the best objective to take at this point, and enemy jungler will be looking at taking it, and killing you in the process) Under all circumstances, you should track the position of the enemy jungler and mid laner to your best ability using wards and common sense. You can prevent most of the incoming ganks with the combination of those two. The third advice I give you, is buy pink wards ( 75 gold wards). If you are afraid of an enemy gank, and you've been back to your base at least once and you dont have a control ward placed / in your inventory, you're doing it wrong. I understand you cant buy a pink ward at the start, cause it ruins your build (cant build a dorans item), but in matchups where you know you counter the enemy, take a pink ward. Longsword + control ward + healing potion = 100% awesomeness if you know you can handle the matchup. Regardless however, every time you back, you need to invest into a control ward. You really do. The final advice I can give you is to point out that you have a jungler too. Are you that confident about yourself? Good, tell your jungler. Tell him to focus top, and you can snowball big time. Tell him you're a good player, but you need a little boost. Take ignite. Show him you're serious about it, that you're looking for fights and that you can follow up his ganks. If he comes top and you guys get a kill, he'll have confidence in you - he'll know that whenever he comes top, he can expect your help, and he'll come top to help you a lot more often. Your mid laner will know that top is an important lane, and will make sure to follow enemy mid laners' roams to top side, should they happen. Enemy jungler will be scared, knowing you're getting fed and you mean business. He wont come top unless hes really sure he can get the kill on you - he knows that if the gank fails, top lane is over. However, its not as easy as that: You owe it to your jungler to ease his ganks a little. Do NOT push the lane if you want a gank from your jungler. Ganking a pushed lane is stupid, unless you have good communication (like Discord). Hope that helped, if you need more tips, just let me know and I can think of some other ones I suppose, but if you follow these, you'll be good. Also, play around with different champions to get a feel of them; that'll ease up your top lane 1v1 capabilities. Regards, Ninjutsou

Ninjutsou

Level 20 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion