lixon1 (EUNE)
: Linux's big advantage is it is free. BUT with the amount of pirated/stolenkey win and mac systems, that advantage is pretty much negated. Linux is also more of a "for work" system mainly.
> [{quoted}](name=lixon1,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=EUAtuTNL,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-03-01T13:14:36.898+0000) > > Linux's big advantage is it is free. > BUT with the amount of pirated/stolenkey win and mac systems, that advantage is pretty much negated. > Linux is also more of a "for work" system mainly. Well... I agree with everything you said. :)
: > I am almost 100% positive that riot doesn't port the game to linux for one simple reason: no kids use linux. And if no kids use linux then it doesn't matter. They made a game where kids are encouraged to play and pay. An adult will pay but not as much so they don't really matter. Following this reasoning of you, it would indeed not be efficient for Riot to make support League on Linux, which you were trying to prove wrong. You are litterally weakening your own argument. Furthermore, the things you say here are not even right. 85% of all League players are older aged between 16 and 30. This means that the vast majority of League players are adults, who probably have an income to buy RP with, opposed to children who have to live on their weekly pocket money.
> [{quoted}](name=Monsieur Kast,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=EUAtuTNL,comment-id=0000000100000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-02-28T19:29:21.892+0000) > > Following this reasoning of you, it would indeed not be efficient for Riot to make support League on Linux, which you were trying to prove wrong. You are litterally weakening your own argument. > > Furthermore, the things you say here are not even right. 85% of all League players are older aged between 16 and 30. This means that the vast majority of League players are adults, who probably have an income to buy RP with, opposed to children who have to live on their weekly pocket money. Ahh when I say kids I meant rich spoiled kids that use their parents money to buy skins. There aren't that many adults who buy skins. I have a lot of friends and they don't buy skins and they're programmers so they can afford it. But I may be wrong. RIOT doesn't make they statistics public so there is no way to know.
Cheini (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Yordle,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=EUAtuTNL,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-28T15:03:01.150+0000) > > Have you read the article or just googled something? You can install windows as "trial" and it will bug you and limit you and I don't need something more to limit me. Just read it. And furthermore I don't want a windows 10. All my friends have problems with it. They all randomly die in the game cause cortana decided to do something or the windows decided that the app should get minimized so an alert can be shown. They disabled everything and they're watching a movie and BAM some random thing on the screen letting you know that you should really do this update. > And if you're like other "highly intelligent" people that I know and tell me that you can stop everything if you really want then you hvae no idea what you're talking about. How many hours of work will pass by changing everything in registry files just so that the windows you shut up and let you use it without interruption and without some sort of ad popping on the screen. Like when did they decide to put apps on the operating system? Are the ads in everything else not enough???? > > > I'm sorry for losing my cool but talking about the shittiest OS is making me mad. Actually, it is you who haven't read the article. The limitations are only the watermark and the limited personalization (which is basically the start menu, the other things have work-arounds that are well-known to everyone. And the start menu is kind of okay, as you need the list of programs anyway. Still, however, i assume there are other reasons you dislike windows, aside that it is paid, or?
> [{quoted}](name=Cheini,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=EUAtuTNL,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-28T15:35:49.288+0000) > > Actually, it is you who haven't read the article. The limitations are only the watermark and the limited personalization (which is basically the start menu, the other things have work-arounds that are well-known to everyone. And the start menu is kind of okay, as you need the list of programs anyway. Still, however, i assume there are other reasons you dislike windows, aside that it is paid, or? I don't mind if I have to pay for it as long as the windows would come with nothing else installed on in except drivers. If the windows would be completely empty and just let me install the things I want it would be perfect. Right now I have to install a windows then remove hundreds of unwanted software and then I can safely use my pc. And I have to remove them just so that no matter what I do I will receive no ads, no alerts, no updates, no interruptions and that my pc is using all the recources possible and not just half of them.
: Are you assuming that a Linux version of LoL would be beneficial in terms of money? I highly doubt that, as it would probably exist already if it really was.
> [{quoted}](name=Monsieur Kast,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=EUAtuTNL,comment-id=00000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-28T15:30:58.974+0000) > > Are you assuming that a Linux version of LoL would be beneficial in terms of money? I highly doubt that, as it would probably exist already if it really was. Yes it will be beneficial. They don't have to make a new game. it's the same game, the same code. It's just a little bit more work to make it work for linux. About the money it will be the same as on windows or macOS. They will just add a few more players to league. I am almost 100% positive that riot doesn't port the game to linux for one simple reason: no kids use linux. And if no kids use linux then it doesn't matter. They made a game where kids are encouraged to play and pay. An adult will pay but not as much so they don't really matter. I'll tell you this. If somebody will create a version of linux or windows or a new os where I can play games but not have the bloatware from microsoft and made it 10 times more expensive than windows I will buy it on the spot. I won't even think about it. If I don't have money I will take a loan from the bank. That os will be the best os that will ever be created.... I know. My imagination is pretty huge. There will never be something like this. A big company like microsoft would buy them and drive them to the ground. (like the last companies that they bought)
RallerenP (EUW)
: > It's not about the profit. How so? EVERY move Riot makes is done because it's guaranteed to make them money. I don't think you understand that the reason there is almost no game developer support for Linux is because it's so unprofitable. Depending on how League was written it may just be impossible to port it unless they rewrite most of it. On top of that developing closed sourced programs for linux is horrible. Linux is designed for powerusers. It has an unlimited amount of combos of installed software, drivers, distros. There is DEFINENTLY a reason other than just lazyness for not porting it.
> [{quoted}](name=RallerenP,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=EUAtuTNL,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-28T14:55:10.682+0000) > > How so? EVERY move Riot makes is done because it's guaranteed to make them money. > > I don't think you understand that the reason there is almost no game developer support for Linux is because it's so unprofitable. Depending on how League was written it may just be impossible to port it unless they rewrite most of it. > > On top of that developing closed sourced programs for linux is horrible. Linux is designed for powerusers. It has an unlimited amount of combos of installed software, drivers, distros. > > There is DEFINENTLY a reason other than just lazyness for not porting it. I don't think you understand that most games are playable on linux. Just take a look at games on steam. Furthermore I agree that RIOT has a reason for not making the game playable on linux but it ain't money. About linux distros... let me ask you something. Have you heard of debian? Ofc you have it's pretty common. Well except for a few linux distros every single one is based on debian. Those other few are based on fedora. So you have to make the client work on 2 distros and it will work on all. It's not that much work and I don't want to repeat myself again by saying that even if it's playable only with wine it would be great with the condition that I don't have to reinstall the game and recreate config files with every patch.
: Riot Games is still a company. If developing a Linux version is not beneficial, there is not really a point in doing so, regardless of how much money they make.
> [{quoted}](name=Monsieur Kast,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=EUAtuTNL,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-02-28T14:31:01.932+0000) > > Riot Games is still a company. If developing a Linux version is not beneficial, there is not really a point in doing so, regardless of how much money they make. Well if money is not considered "beneficial" then please enlighten me. What is consider beneficial?
Cheini (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Yordle,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=EUAtuTNL,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-28T14:29:06.235+0000) > > Free? Show me the link! [ie](https://www.howtogeek.com/244678/you-dont-need-a-product-key-to-install-and-use-windows-10/)
> [{quoted}](name=Cheini,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=EUAtuTNL,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-28T14:43:09.622+0000) > > [ie](https://www.howtogeek.com/244678/you-dont-need-a-product-key-to-install-and-use-windows-10/) Have you read the article or just googled something? You can install windows as "trial" and it will bug you and limit you and I don't need something more to limit me. Just read it. And furthermore I don't want a windows 10. All my friends have problems with it. They all randomly die in the game cause cortana decided to do something or the windows decided that the app should get minimized so an alert can be shown. They disabled everything and they're watching a movie and BAM some random thing on the screen letting you know that you should really do this update. And if you're like other "highly intelligent" people that I know and tell me that you can stop everything if you really want then you hvae no idea what you're talking about. How many hours of work will pass by changing everything in registry files just so that the windows you shut up and let you use it without interruption and without some sort of ad popping on the screen. Like when did they decide to put apps on the operating system? Are the ads in everything else not enough???? I'm sorry for losing my cool but talking about the shittiest OS is making me mad.
Cheini (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Yordle,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=EUAtuTNL,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-02-28T12:52:18.208+0000) > > Windows 10 costs money. It's 200 euro home edition adn 300 euros pro edition. And linux can do anything that windows can. When it comes to developing it's much better on linux than on windows. I would know cause I'm a developer. I'm just asking why DOTA 2 can have a linux version but LOL can't. It is free. ;) Okaaaay if you are okay with not having a custom start menu but w/e... and sure, i know both linux and windows translate everything to something simpler that is same for both os, however they are different for us, the normal people aka users.. and surely windows is easier for us to use! isn't linux already pretty dead btw?
> [{quoted}](name=Cheini,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=EUAtuTNL,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-02-28T14:28:00.156+0000) > > It is free. ;) Okaaaay if you are okay with not having a custom start menu but w/e... and sure, i know both linux and windows translate everything to something simpler that is same for both os, however they are different for us, the normal people aka users.. and surely windows is easier for us to use! > > isn't linux already pretty dead btw? Free? Show me the link!
RallerenP (EUW)
: Trust me. If developing for Linux was so easy that they ONLY need 50 to a 100 thousand dollars they would have done it. They will probably do it when they know they're guaranteed to profit from it.
> [{quoted}](name=RallerenP,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=EUAtuTNL,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-28T13:55:14.001+0000) > > Trust me. If developing for Linux was so easy that they ONLY need 50 to a 100 thousand dollars they would have done it. > > They will probably do it when they know they're guaranteed to profit from it. I think they should make a poll that just tells them who is no longer playing or never started because he/she can't do it on linux. I'm 100% sure that the number of responses they will get in a week will be enough. It's not about the profit. Dude they're trying to make people play on other stuff. Every patch they change something in the game so that every linux user has to reinstall wine and playonlinux and make the configuration from scratch. Anybody can simulate windows on linux so that they can play but who wants to spend hours every month cause they made an update over 3 items? Just imagine you have linux and play lol. you go to work, come home, want to play but you can't cause on new patch. You spend your entire evening making the game work so you decide to play another time. 2 days pass and you have time again to play the game. Yeei.. I just put my config 2 days ago so I'm good to go. You go to work, you come home and you have about 4 hours of free time. You want to log in but wait... what's this? Wtf? A mid-patch update cause they buffed a champion too much? Perfect now I can spend all my time to reinstall the game and make the config files just so that maybe, just maybe I can play this month. Awesome way to make a game.
RallerenP (EUW)
: Not at all. It's fact that the vast majority of people use windows for casual use and gaming. If they developed a Linux version, 99% percent of players would STILL play on Mac and Windows because Linux is targeted more at power users, not at the average joe.
> [{quoted}](name=RallerenP,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=EUAtuTNL,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-02-28T13:36:58.842+0000) > > Not at all. > > It's fact that the vast majority of people use windows for casual use and gaming. If they developed a Linux version, 99% percent of players would STILL play on Mac and Windows because Linux is targeted more at power users, not at the average joe. I get that most players play on windows and probably will play on windows even after a linux release. I just wanted to know if they even plan to release the game on linux or not. Nothing will stop me from moving to linux and if I can't play lol anymore then it's a really bummer cause of 2000 euros spent on a game that I can't even play and that I will have to play dota or other moba. After years of lol I have to re-train myself on another game. Just because riot wouldn't spend the money earned from a skin on development. I really must insist on this. Just check how much money they make on a skin release. How many millions they made when they released the star guardian skins. But I get it. Spending like 50 000$ - 100 000$ on development for linux is too much.
: they just dont want, why even should they.. 99% of the people that wants to play league got windows{{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
> [{quoted}](name=Herr Hübsch,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=EUAtuTNL,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-02-28T12:57:53.203+0000) > > they just dont want, why even should they.. 99% of the people that wants to play league got windows{{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}} That's like creating an android app and then say: "Well 100% of my users use android so there is no reason I should make an iOS version". If you're going to have a game on only one platform guess what; all your users will be on that one platform. And why? Because it's limited to that one platform.
: Developing for Linux costs money and time, and no one uses Linux, so it's not worth it. Same reason why there's no South Africa or Middle East servers available.
> [{quoted}](name=Player3Th0mas,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=EUAtuTNL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-28T12:37:26.094+0000) > > Developing for Linux costs money and time, and no one uses Linux, so it's not worth it. > > Same reason why there's no South Africa or Middle East servers available. Somehow RIOT makes millions of dollars on a single skin release and they can't invest just a little bit of that money for linux? A lot of people would play on linux if they could. Even with wine if they didn't have to work 5-6 hours on every single patch update.
Cheini (EUNE)
: that.. linux is way unpopular os.. i installed it some time ago for the lolz yet the only function it served was to fail my sis' day when she wanted to use the pc (somehow it took priority over windows on boot) besides, one of the pluses of linux has always been it is open source, aka free - however, win 10 isn't needed to be bought either now - sooo, given the amount of commands you need to know for it, the fact many things won't work as windows is the most wide-spread os and so on...
> [{quoted}](name=Cheini,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=EUAtuTNL,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-28T12:44:10.825+0000) > > that.. linux is way unpopular os.. i installed it some time ago for the lolz yet the only function it served was to fail my sis' day when she wanted to use the pc (somehow it took priority over windows on boot) > > besides, one of the pluses of linux has always been it is open source, aka free - however, win 10 isn't needed to be bought either now - sooo, given the amount of commands you need to know for it, the fact many things won't work as windows is the most wide-spread os and so on... Windows 10 costs money. It's 200 euro home edition adn 300 euros pro edition. And linux can do anything that windows can. When it comes to developing it's much better on linux than on windows. I would know cause I'm a developer. I'm just asking why DOTA 2 can have a linux version but LOL can't.
Rioter Comments
Hansiman (EUNE)
: And why didn't you just ignore the player when they started being a jerk? They weren't giving you much reason to not do so. By responding back in the same manner, were you any better?
> [{quoted}](name=Hansiman,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=d2FI6jXr,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-10-25T11:26:46.635+0000) > > And why didn't you just ignore the player when they started being a jerk? They weren't giving you much reason to not do so. > > By responding back in the same manner, were you any better? I did not respond in the same manner. I didn't say any curse words, I just told him to stop and let me play. I explained that harassing someone only makes them play worse. It was only after 20 minutes of continous harrasing that I stopped going into teamfights and let him see that without me he can't even kill 1 of the enemy players.
Savrak (EUW)
: If someone is flaming you, don't ruin the game for everyone else by going AFK. Just mute the flamer, finish the game and report them.
> [{quoted}](name=Savrak,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=d2FI6jXr,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-10-25T10:26:34.913+0000) > > If someone is flaming you, don't ruin the game for everyone else by going AFK. > > Just mute the flamer, finish the game and report them. I usually just ignore but this guy was something that I've never seen before. For example I missed my W on Annie and he said "You can't even f*cking hit a skill" so he used ulti on Ahri, got close to the enemy and missed the E point blank so I said "See? You're not perfect either" so he said, an please excuse my language, "You f*cking %%%%%% noob, you can't do sh1t, you can't even play, boosted %%%%%%..." and he kept going. I would really like to see the player that is almost asleep from a full day and still be able to read all that for 20 minutes in a game and be super chill like nothing happened. I don't say I reacted in a good manner, i'm just saying that after all that I didn't flame. I just let him see what the game would be without me playing. We were winning the game before I went afk and in 5 minutes our nexus was destroyed.
: Honour-Levels never get locked, its just harder to get to honour-3 if you had some type of punishment done to your account. IF you keep playing normally you will get to hounour-3 and then it will be back to normal and you will probably get to honour-4 pretty fast.
> [{quoted}](name=Hi im Thaddeus,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=d2FI6jXr,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-10-25T09:28:35.813+0000) > > Honour-Levels never get locked, its just harder to get to honour-3 if you had some type of punishment done to your account. IF you keep playing normally you will get to hounour-3 and then it will be back to normal and you will probably get to honour-4 pretty fast. I had honor 5 before and now I have an actual lock on my honor icon. It's not level 1 or level 2 .. it's a lock.
Rioter Comments
ThePikol (EUNE)
: >If you play a champion on a lane where he belongs then you have almost no chance of getting an S no matter what you do. That sir is bullshit. If you know how to play you will get S on regular basis. For example: I play Vel'koz mid, Kindred jg and Soraka support. I get S on them very often. Know why? Because they are my mains and I know how to play them!
> [{quoted}](name=ThePikol,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=h9K0n21L,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2017-07-21T08:19:55.019+0000) > > That sir is bullshit. If you know how to play you will get S on regular basis. For example: I play Vel'koz mid, Kindred jg and Soraka support. I get S on them very often. Know why? Because they are my mains and I know how to play them! Well good for you. I have like 20 main champs and yeah I do get S on them sometimes. I carry every game when I play with them. Too bad I already have lvl 7 and chests on them
Tarolock (EUW)
: if you cant get S as a support you are doing something wrong, in my last 5-6 games in ranked i played Zilean support every single match i got at least S even when i lost the game
> [{quoted}](name=Tarolock,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=h9K0n21L,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-07-20T22:31:09.639+0000) > > if you cant get S as a support you are doing something wrong, in my last 5-6 games in ranked i played Zilean support every single match i got at least S even when i lost the game Good. Now you have to get S on other champions as well. Zilean is not really played and so you can easy get an S. But try taking a thresh, leona, bard, soraka ... anything that can't solo carry as support and let me know. I've been trying for weeks. I just gave up, picked mordekaiser and gnar support... I got my chests by playing 1 game with each. Like really...
Inaphyt (EUW)
: you are more or less correct. I play nunu top occasionally and because nunu is a notorious troll champion and is a jungler 99% of the time not a top laner and also people play nunu TANK ewww.... So i consistenly play really well with nunu as i've been playing him for years and rarely ever do not get S+ (seriously). Whereas i will get s+ on vel koz my main maybe once in a blue moon.
> [{quoted}](name=Inaphyt,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=h9K0n21L,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-07-21T00:10:49.103+0000) > > you are more or less correct. I play nunu top occasionally and because nunu is a notorious troll champion and is a jungler 99% of the time not a top laner and also people play nunu TANK ewww.... So i consistenly play really well with nunu as i've been playing him for years and rarely ever do not get S+ (seriously). Whereas i will get s+ on vel koz my main maybe once in a blue moon. That's what I've been saying.
Afelers (EUNE)
: CS number is also a high priority, KDA seems to be the least important tho.
> [{quoted}](name=Afelers,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=h9K0n21L,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-07-20T22:22:56.765+0000) > > CS number is also a high priority, KDA seems to be the least important tho. As support?
Infernape (EUW)
: >Now I know the logic behind giving grades. If you play better then others on your rank you get an S, if not you get a grade accordingly to where you are from the best player in your rank. That's not how it works. You're compared to _everyone_ in your region that plays the same champion in the same role and are given a grade depending on how you did compared to them. Ranks are irrelevant. It's why Brand mid is graded differently to Brand support. >My question is: Why does RIOT enforce this? Why do they want players to play like this? Isn't there a better way to deal with this problem? They don't. They neither condone nor shun it. They can't say "no you can't play x champion in x lane". If they did off meta picks like Morgana support and Varus mid (at the time) would not exist. Hell, Gnar ADC used to be a thing. >P.S. This is funny. I was adc once and I got like 25/1/10, and I had more dmg than my whole team put together. I also planted a lot of wards for vision and I pretty much did everything I could to carry and win the game and I felt really good cause except for 1 time when I made a mistake I played perfectly. I even had the most CS in the game. I would though that at least I would get an S- and get a chest. I got an A+. You probably didn't have _enough_ CS. CS heavily impacts your grade.
> [{quoted}](name=FurorDivinus27,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=h9K0n21L,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-07-20T22:16:23.347+0000) > > They don't. They neither condone nor shun it. They can't say "no you can't play x champion in x lane". If they did off meta picks like Morgana support and Varus mid (at the time) would not exist. Hell, Gnar ADC used to be a thing. I agree with that. But if they make a system that rewards "troll" picks they kind of tell people indirectly: "Hey. Play Mordekaiser support. Doesn't matter if you lose, you'll get rewarded with a chest at the end and also a LVL 6 or lvl 7 shard" When you play support and end up at 2/1/20, does the CS count? Like if I'm soraka I would have kills or CS or damage? Shouldn't I just heal and try not to die and just save everybody and ward? Like that's my job and still you can have 0 deaths and still don't get an S cause maybe a diamond or challenger played her better
Rioter Comments
Yamon (EUW)
: So many Supports don't buy Sightstone, is there a reason?
As a player that buy sightstone only form time to time, let me explain it to you. 1st reason: Buying a sightstone and having only 3 wards and 1 pink on the map is useless. Usually in low elo the team doesn't use their trinkets, ADC doesn't buy a blue trinket... and the jungle is warded only by the support. In that case it becomes a 800 gold waste. 2nd reason: Most of the time the AP support needs to buy AP cause the ADC is a retard that dives with 10 hp under enemy turret to get a kill on a 50% HP Braum. In minute 10, my 0/5 adc says "I'm going afk". Yeah... so... you need to buy AP and carry that shitty team. 3rd reason: If the enemy support is ahri with no sightstone but a rabadon.. belive me I will not buy a sightstone. You need to do the same as her or you will get dominated cause your jungler never ganks anyway. I mean yesterday I got ganked on bot lane by the whole enemy team. 5 vs 2. Jungler was farming, mid was farming, top was flaming. There are some retards out there but these are the usual reasons
Rioter Comments
: i remember them saying they are trying to find some other use for champ shards other than getting champs...so yea...
> [{quoted}](name=vampirekid13,realm=EUW,application-id=ETj6EdvQ,discussion-id=QyRJ82HF,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-04-13T21:24:16.728+0000) > > i remember them saying they are trying to find some other use for champ shards other than getting champs...so yea... Yeah they said... but right now I have 10k blue shards...
Rioter Comments
: A good support can carry games. I think playing a game without your support, is harder than playing a game without your jungler, so that might explain that supports are important. Damage doesn't mean anything. > If my ADC can't play we will lose the lane, I will have the same bad score as him. I think you should care way less about your score. It's not a match about getting the most kills, it's about destroying the other nexus. >It's boring in the beginning of the game and if the team doesn't group fast it will stay boring for a lot more time. For the same the other roles are boring. Only farming and dealing some poke damage every now and then.
> I think you should care way less about your score. It's not a match about getting the most kills, it's about destroying the other nexus. > It's true that you should focus on winning the game and not kills but if your KDA is low then your MMR falls and then you end up winning 15 points and losing 22. Just awful.
Goodnigut (EUW)
: Actually as a support you can carry your team. I'm amazed that you reached Silver I and don't know this. Damage isn't everything in a game. Team play is. And as a support you have to keep everyone alive, not deal the most damage. If you want to play a damage support then pick either {{champion:143}} or {{champion:37}} and knock yourself out. Even {{champion:25}} or {{champion:1}} can be considered a damage output support based on how you player her. heck.. most supporting champions can deal damage but that is not their main role. Their main role is to make sure that their adc is safe in their lane until it grows up, is strong and powerful enough to carry you and your team as well as take good care of you and the team later on in the game. As a support you have to adapt to your adc. If your adc is playing passively and wants to cs, then do so but don't forget to also harass the enemy adc while protecting yours. If your adc is playing aggressive then you do the same, but focus on protecting it since it'll be targeted more often than you (I used "it" since it's easier to write than he'she). Know when to engage, know when to not engage, ward the surrounding area on the map to prevent enemy ganks, check the mini-map frequently. use smart pings, guide your adc and team alike. The main reason why people don't play support isn't what you said mate, it's far more simple than that. It's simply because a support is pretty much the hardest role to play in the game. You need to have a really good map awareness, game knowledge, be able to guide your adc and team alike if needed, be able to protect your adc and team or your best champion / player in the team in a team fight. Adding a reward for playing as a support will only make things worse. Why? Simple. because everyone will want to receive that reward so everyone will start to play as support while being entirely clueless on how to play it and throwing the game. About your queue time. I got no idea which lanes you are picking but I queue as top (primary_ as mid (secondary) and rarely my queue time (wait time) is over 10 minutes. Yes, if I queue as support or fill it's an instant queue, but I don't like to play as support anymore mainly because it's a trust bond on the bot lane and the adc pretty much never bothers to listen to the support + I kinda have some trust based issues, so I changed from main bot lane entirely to top and mid. Easier to carry the game from either one of those lanes even if your team sucks, than it is from the bot lane, because if you are support and your adc sucks, you are pretty much screwed if the team doesn't help you. Or if you are adc and your support sucks, you are also screwed unless you got some mad skills or your team helps you. While on the top lane or mid lane, you are most of the time alone against the enemy champion, unless you are doing so good that you are drawing the attention of the enemy jungler onto you, in that case you will be playing as 1 against 2.
I know how to play support. I know how to protect my adc and I admit that sometimes I play as "Support" but I pick a mid laner like LebLanc and just play Full AP. You are right. Supports are useful and can carry a team. The problem is that there are milions of players in silver and I wait for 20 minutes in queue. That's the problem that I want to highlight. Somehow we need to encourage players to play support. Not all of them but at least a few more. :) P.S. Some days I feel like playing support and in those days I don't wait.. ever. And that's beautiful for me.
Rioter Comments
Eldyr (EUW)
: Their the Jhin teasers {{champion:202}} Fours his favorite number.
> [{quoted}](name=Kenzuk0,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=Tpsz2mGL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-03-02T15:09:41.216+0000) > > Their the Jhin teasers > {{champion:202}} > Fours his favorite number. Cool.. Thanks ...
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: >This is the first champion that can kill players from the same team. {{champion:34}} {{champion:432}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:40}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:64}} {{champion:27}} disagree =)
> [{quoted}](name=franticFurball,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=fBtyHa58,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-11-10T05:44:20.208+0000) > > {{champion:34}} {{champion:432}} {{champion:53}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:40}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:64}} {{champion:27}} disagree =) True true :( I hate trollers.... I don't even get it why someone would troll for no reason in a ranked game that we are winning... I really don't get it.
: And even if he was able to eat you during recall, you should be thrown into the enemy if you that low, and still so close to the enemy that they can kill you by only carrying you for 1 second. you probably recall under you first tower or something, wich is a vulnerable place, jinx/ashe/ezreal ult and you're dead. Not to mention tower divers.
> [{quoted}](name=ThePrime0ne,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=fBtyHa58,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2015-11-10T08:52:37.077+0000) > > And even if he was able to eat you during recall, you should be thrown into the enemy if you that low, and still so close to the enemy that they can kill you by only carrying you for 1 second. you probably recall under you first tower or something, wich is a vulnerable place, jinx/ashe/ezreal ult and you're dead. Not to mention tower divers. No no the problem is that there is a tf or something like a tf .. 2-3 of our team and 2-3 from the enemy team. I kill them, I got low hp and I go back to jungle or some safe spot to recall... In the time I search the safe spot, tahm eats me, flashes and dives into the rest of enemy team. Then he spits me out. So annoying...
Rioter Comments

Yordle

Level 210 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion