xHaz (EUW)
: Thoughts and Opinions on this Message towards RiotFearless.
I'm pretty sure that education > rank in league when it comes to developing a game.
OwOlaire (EUW)
: This <3
> [{quoted}](name=Snorlaire,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=9oZw4KQV,comment-id=000400010000,timestamp=2018-11-11T14:37:43.233+0000) > > This &lt;3 From the Turkish guys point of view, the way he was downvoted for pointing out racism, and the very racist message wasnt, he was very upset, hurt and angry. I can really understand why.
jOhNyP (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=jOhNyP,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=9oZw4KQV,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-11T00:12:58.494+0000) > > Good Turk = Dead Turk > u have ur own server u filthy pieces of garbage > go play there > u destroy european servers This quote is the first response in this thread and is a clearly very racist message. It has only 1 downvote which is from me, and the turkish guy has 7-20 downvotes, just for pointing out the racism. I find it really sad tbh. This is also what upset him as well and for a good reason. I think people should speak english on european servers and flaming a president is ok. But racism is unacceptable. Grow up kids.
: > [{quoted}](name=ExtraTHICCZilean,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=4ZLEezZX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-10T13:49:12.894+0000) > > Yes. You know I'll agree that fair enough I deserve a repercussion for this, but I also don't think I deserve such a harsh punishment? I mean it's a whole seasons worth of effort for the gold completely down the drain because I called zed brain dead. I really think that's too harsh a punishment because I honestly don't believe anyone from that game is even thinking about it. Is Riot going to punish the thresh in my game when he called my a %%%%ing moron for telling him to stop soaking my XP? I really doubt it, why do I have the short end?
> [{quoted}](name=CometCooper,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=4ZLEezZX,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-11-10T14:03:52.155+0000) > > You know I&#x27;ll agree that fair enough I deserve a repercussion for this, but I also don&#x27;t think I deserve such a harsh punishment? I mean it&#x27;s a whole seasons worth of effort for the gold completely down the drain because I called zed brain dead. I really think that&#x27;s too harsh a punishment because I honestly don&#x27;t believe anyone from that game is even thinking about it. Is Riot going to punish the thresh in my game when he called my a %%%%ing moron for telling him to stop soaking my XP? I really doubt it, why do I have the short end? Ofcourse it is a way too harsh punishment. But the majority of players classify non hurtful comments as negative and think they are geniuses when they say its punishable. We are living in a world of monkeys. Therefore we cannot have a fair system.
: Turk Racism
The racism here is really shocking. Why are the mods letting this happen?
: This is kinda funny
If you wanna win i wouldn't recommend anyone to ban someones champ. The skillgap people have with secondary champs are usually too big to be beneficial, even if it results in full ad team. You can at least suggest/remind him that the team will be full ad. If you still don't feel confident about full ad team, sacrifice 3 lp to leave champ select. Trolling is just dumb cause you're trolling yourself anyway when you lose lp too.
: >Where do you get these numbers from? I hear about people getting chat restricted all the time. Most of my friends have been chat restricted before. I see flamers in most games as well. League of legends, with their post-ban messages. Example: http://i.imgur.com/tYTTb8n.png League of legends claims 5% of players get a 10 game chat restrict, that's one in 20. Let's also say that the punishment system is perfect, that'd still leave one in twenty people flaming - a minority. But okay, let's be "real" and say that 50% of people flame, not a minority; It'd have to catch only one in 10 flamers then (very unreal, but you make of it what you will, I make of it that riot is very mild with flamers and that the majority of the playerbase don't flame, this is only for the 50% line, far from a sizeable majority). >Everything you say is basically a load of !"#@ lul. Flamers start to flame for example when they interpret that other players are putting them at a disadvantage. You say yourself that fewer people get banned than people get flamed. Then later you conclude that if everyone flamed everyone would be banned. Can you also see now that your logical reasoning isn't very impressive? Let me help you and show what a quality statement looks like: The majority of players has flamed and didn't get banned. As is obvious my statement reflects reality. I really don't know what inspires the wierd imagination behind basically everything you say Yeah, start arguing with insults as you can apparantly not understand what I said. Let me rephrase: Players don't even know they're being put at a disadvantage until they've sunk in considerable time into the game. New players aren't inherently flamers. Again, see my above point as to why the majority of people aren't banned for it/aren't flamers. It's easy to call what you say reality, yet at least I give an effort to understand what you're saying. >Let me help you to think lulz. I claimed that decrease in flaming --> increase in trolling. Then it makes little sense to point out that we should decrease flaming still. Perhaps you should look for a counter argument to my claim instead? Correlation doesn't always mean causation. More people can be "trolling" and less people flaming because more people see the game as casual; in this case, the same people _could potentially_ be the flamer and troller, but definitively not exclusive to them. I personally don't think people are transitioning more to trolling, I've actually seen a decrease in real hardcore flame. If you wanna keep persuing this argument, you're gonna need to give me some proof; since the proof needs to be provided by the person making the affirmitive claim (or else I can just say there's no proof of what you're saying and disprove it as is). >NO #%&@ SHERLOCK Here's a tip. Now that it is clear that I'm like 1035480342572340x smarter than you, you don't need to state the obvious. Thanks. xD After playing thousands of games every year, I can safely say that trolls, afkers and feeders in promos are 10x as common as in non promo games. Oh, sorry, since you claimed I'm stupid, 1035480342572340x 0 is still 0. Again, burden of proof is on you, show me your stats. >How to match someone against a troll? Easy, just match you up with a bunch of players with negative derivative on their mmr (losing streak) and at least one of them gonna be on tilt. There are many other factors that can determine a troll, e.g. the player flamed more than usual the previous games etc. Or just simply use a machine learning algorithm to evaluate relevant datasets to classify people who gonna troll. I think rito gives you bad teams if the system thinks you belong in a lower elo after a losing streak. That's kinda how the mmr works, if your mmr falls you're matched with people of the same mmr as your new fallen mmr. You wanting to make people constantly losing match with losing teammates would make a extremely unfriendly downspiral system that would probably make people even more toxic and likely to troll. At least I'd imagine it would. >No idea what the difference of these systems are, feel free to elaborate. I.e. if you go 0/14 for x% of games the system will only match you with trolls/feeders. Riot doesn't do that because of values. >You can't prove that there doesn't exist any measures to decrease trolls in a good way. I don't have to, burden of proof is on you to prove a good way exists. There's ways. They're orwellian and aren't great but there's ways.
> [{quoted}](name=RewardWanted,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=WQqfFlEl,comment-id=00000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-08T08:18:03.031+0000) > > League of legends, with their post-ban messages. Example: http://i.imgur.com/tYTTb8n.png League of legends claims 5% of players get a 10 game chat restrict, that&#x27;s one in 20. Let&#x27;s also say that the punishment system is perfect, that&#x27;d still leave one in twenty people flaming - a minority. But okay, let&#x27;s be &quot;real&quot; and say that 50% of people flame, not a minority; It&#x27;d have to catch only one in 10 flamers then (very unreal, but you make of it what you will, I make of it that riot is very mild with flamers and that the majority of the playerbase don&#x27;t flame, this is only for the 50% line, far from a sizeable majority). > Let me help you and show what a quality statement looks like: The majority of players has flamed and didn&#x27;t get banned. > As is obvious my statement reflects reality. I really don&#x27;t know what inspires the wierd imagination behind basically everything you say So the obvious conclusion is that 90%+ of players flame and the 5% worst of them receive a chat restriction. > Let me rephrase: Players don&#x27;t even know they&#x27;re being put at a disadvantage until they&#x27;ve sunk in considerable time into the game. New players aren&#x27;t inherently flamers. It's not about knowing but interpreting. If jungler does a fail gank somewhere, or don't gank at all etc etc. the laner may interpret it that the jungler put him at a disadvantage. Such an interpretation triggers anger. To vent anger the player trolls, flames or signals that he is not interested to help back which is truly disadvantageous in a team based game. > Correlation doesn&#x27;t always mean causation. More people can be &quot;trolling&quot; and less people flaming because more people see the game as casual; in this case, the same people _could potentially_ be the flamer and troller, but definitively not exclusive to them. I personally don&#x27;t think people are transitioning more to trolling, I&#x27;ve actually seen a decrease in real hardcore flame. > If you wanna keep persuing this argument, you&#x27;re gonna need to give me some proof; since the proof needs to be provided by the person making the affirmitive claim (or else I can just say there&#x27;s no proof of what you&#x27;re saying and disprove it as is). How about I call it a hypothesis? Then I provide information without needing to prove anything. The motivation for this hypothesis is my own observation of an increase in trolling and giving up. The theoretical explanation/argument for this observation is that when people aren't flaming, and anger is an emotion that needs expression, naturally they are expressing their anger by punishing their team in non verbal ways. I think this is a good hypothesis. Therefore I post it. > Oh, sorry, since you claimed I&#x27;m stupid, 1035480342572340x 0 is still 0. So if you have x=200/1035480342572340=1.9314708e-13 IQ then I got 200 IQ because 1.9314708e-13*1035480342572340 = 200. > That&#x27;s kinda how the mmr works, if your mmr falls you&#x27;re matched with people of the same mmr as your new fallen mmr. You wanting to make people constantly losing match with losing teammates would make a extremely unfriendly downspiral system that would probably make people even more toxic and likely to troll. At least I&#x27;d imagine it would. I think this is how the matchmaking system currently is. If the system recognizes you are bad due to losing some matches (which ofc happens to randomly getting trolls) then the system matches you with trolls and feeders to place you where it thinks you belong. > > I.e. if you go 0/14 for x% of games the system will only match you with trolls/feeders. Riot doesn&#x27;t do that because of values. Wow that's exactly how I think rito matchmaking works. How do you know it doesnt do that?
Khanzax (EUW)
: Please help me by flaming me
Well immediately you are talking in a very demotivating way, I wouldn't be surprised if the loss occured because you talked to the team as if they are in for a sure loss, making everyone give up. None the less, since you got your role stolen from you, I think it's unfair that you got chat restricted.
: >The average player does indeed flame. Yeah people might learn to not flame, but like i said, they learn to troll instead. Also they still flame after being subject to rito matchmaking for long enough time. Riot would disagree with you, claiming that only a vast minority of players ever get punished more than once for flaming. In fact a very low percentage of players ever get a perma ban (single digits, exclusively for flaming, I'd imagine it maybe reacing 10% when accounting for 3rd party program usage and account sharing). Flamers usually begin flaming when they start understanding the game on a basic level, usually in a very self-centered way. You can argue all you want that everyone flames, but if they did then the majority of the player base would be banned, _I don't think I have to say that it clearly isn't the case, but I'll say it anyways._ >I didn't say I have the solution, I just said what the problem is. But hey, if you're going to defend trollers, then I can assure you that you will have the opportunity to enjoy more than enough of them. I'm not defending trollers in any way, I'm simply not saying that because there's trollers flame should be glossed over as well (wich it already is! You probably won't ever get banned for flaming in the sense of "Bot is bad feeding" or "Omg this Vayne", but in the sense of using certain words that you'd really use only in places where you know you won't get stared at for saying it). Ironically enough, I can't remember the last time I encountered a genuine troll, **_and I play in low silver/high bronze/normals, so that should tell you something_**. >I would suggest that rito matchmaking algorithm could be improved to be less tilting. E.g. the amount of trolls in promos is just mindblowing. It happens. Statistically, if you get a bunch of wins you probably aren't getting trolls, hence it seems intentional that you have that one promo with a troll. As for changing the algorithm... a) How should riot make sure that you don't get matched with a troll? They don't know people's intentions beforehand and we simply don't have the tech to be able to say "yup this guy is a troll ban him" when there's thousands of games being processed at once by the automated system. b) Riot is strictly against a "prisoner island" matchmaking system, i.e. they don't want people with potential of reforming matched with people who'd prevent them from reforming (more trolls and flamers), so they instead go with a strike system. Trolls are a unavoidable evil when it comes to gaming, like scammers are with trading and money or bullies are in school. You can't get rid of them, but you can change your view of them to make it better for yourself.
> [{quoted}](name=RewardWanted,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=WQqfFlEl,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-07T17:54:14.659+0000) > > Riot would disagree with you, claiming that only a vast minority of players ever get punished more than once for flaming. In fact a very low percentage of players ever get a perma ban (single digits, exclusively for flaming, I&#x27;d imagine it maybe reacing 10% when accounting for 3rd party program usage and account sharing). Where do you get these numbers from? I hear about people getting chat restricted all the time. Most of my friends have been chat restricted before. I see flamers in most games as well. > Flamers usually begin flaming when they start understanding the game on a basic level, usually in a very self-centered way. You can argue all you want that everyone flames, but if they did then the majority of the player base would be banned, _I don&#x27;t think I have to say that it clearly isn&#x27;t the case, but I&#x27;ll say it anyways._ Everything you say is basically a load of !"#@ lul. Flamers start to flame for example when they interpret that other players are putting them at a disadvantage. You say yourself that fewer people get banned than people get flamed. Then later you conclude that if everyone flamed everyone would be banned. Can you also see now that your logical reasoning isn't very impressive? Let me help you and show what a quality statement looks like: The majority of players has flamed and didn't get banned. As is obvious my statement reflects reality. I really don't know what inspires the wierd imagination behind basically everything you say {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} > > I&#x27;m not defending trollers in any way, I&#x27;m simply not saying that because there&#x27;s trollers flame should be glossed over as well (wich it already is! You probably won&#x27;t ever get banned for flaming in the sense of &quot;Bot is bad feeding&quot; or &quot;Omg this Vayne&quot;, but in the sense of using certain words that you&#x27;d really use only in places where you know you won&#x27;t get stared at for saying it). Ironically enough, I can&#x27;t remember the last time I encountered a genuine troll, **_and I play in low silver/high bronze/normals, so that should tell you something_**. Let me help you to think lulz. I claimed that decrease in flaming --> increase in trolling. Then it makes little sense to point out that we should decrease flaming still. Perhaps you should look for a counter argument to my claim instead? > It happens. Statistically, if you get a bunch of wins you probably aren&#x27;t getting trolls, hence it seems intentional that you have that one promo with a troll. As for changing the algorithm... NO #%&@ SHERLOCK Here's a tip. Now that it is clear that I'm like 1035480342572340x smarter than you, you don't need to state the obvious. Thanks. xD After playing thousands of games every year, I can safely say that trolls, afkers and feeders in promos are 10x as common as in non promo games. > a) How should riot make sure that you don&#x27;t get matched with a troll? They don&#x27;t know people&#x27;s intentions beforehand and we simply don&#x27;t have the tech to be able to say &quot;yup this guy is a troll ban him&quot; when there&#x27;s thousands of games being processed at once by the automated system. How to match someone against a troll? Easy, just match you up with a bunch of players with negative derivative on their mmr (losing streak) and at least one of them gonna be on tilt. There are many other factors that can determine a troll, e.g. the player flamed more than usual the previous games etc. Or just simply use a machine learning algorithm to evaluate relevant datasets to classify people who gonna troll. I think rito gives you bad teams if the system thinks you belong in a lower elo after a losing streak. > b) Riot is strictly against a &quot;prisoner island&quot; matchmaking system, i.e. they don&#x27;t want people with potential of reforming matched with people who&#x27;d prevent them from reforming (more trolls and flamers), so they instead go with a strike system. No idea what the difference of these systems are, feel free to elaborate. > > Trolls are a unavoidable evil when it comes to gaming, like scammers are with trading and money or bullies are in school. You can&#x27;t get rid of them, but you can change your view of them to make it better for yourself. You can't prove that there doesn't exist any measures to decrease trolls in a good way.
CJXander (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=hmm,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=lgq7klmq,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2018-11-07T16:29:30.230+0000) > > If something random decides whether you are banned or not, then it is luck if you didn&#x27;t get banned. Did you finish high school yet? {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} It is not luck, but rather self control in dire sittuations. And yes, i have a master's degree in digital art, any other info you need?
> [{quoted}](name=CJXander,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=lgq7klmq,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-07T16:35:03.844+0000) > > It is not luck, but rather self control in dire sittuations. > And yes, i have a master&#x27;s degree in digital art, any other info you need? What do you learn in such an arts education? It shouldn't be that complicated to figure out that positive outcome of something random is due to luck. {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
CJXander (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=hmm,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=lgq7klmq,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-11-07T15:14:27.573+0000) > > It&#x27;s a random number generator that decides if you get banned or not {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}} Then how come i wasn't banned or chat restricted even once since 2011 till today? xD
> [{quoted}](name=CJXander,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=lgq7klmq,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-11-07T15:57:19.334+0000) > > Then how come i wasn&#x27;t banned or chat restricted even once since 2011 till today? xD If something random decides whether you are banned or not, then it is luck if you didn't get banned. Did you finish high school yet? {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
: The average player doesn't flame in chat. The average player learns after the first restriction/warning that establishments have rules of behaviour. It is a lot easier to make a system to find flaming than trolling. Pay 1000 people to review for 16 h a day and you'll still get mad backlog, not to mention the pay can hardly be financed even by large companies. Untill people don't stop using troll reports for revenge/hate for someone having a bad game or something they don't like, we'll have to rely on them going 0/14 as viktor top (see hashinshin) for the system to kick in.
The average player does indeed flame. Yeah people might learn to not flame, but like i said, they learn to troll instead. Also they still flame after being subject to rito matchmaking for long enough time. I didn't say I have the solution, I just said what the problem is. But hey, if you're going to defend trollers, then I can assure you that you will have the opportunity to enjoy more than enough of them. I would suggest that rito matchmaking algorithm could be improved to be less tilting. E.g. the amount of trolls in promos is just mindblowing.
Rioter Comments
: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I guess it is easy to classify your bad use of words as negative. But yeah how offensive is it? I wouldn't really be offended if a kid told me those words. The real problem is trolls who decrease the winning chance because another player made a mistake. Apart from terrorizing the community by robbing them their rewards, the chat restriction system doesn't really solve the biggest issue with this game which is trolling and people playing bad to punish their team. Something which happens more when anger cannot be expressed in words.
: Is this how it's going to be Riot? Can't even answer people back during game anymore?
It's a random number generator that decides if you get banned or not {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
: We're popstars.
Tell them you'll buy each a skin if they play a female champ is one way that I can think of.
: Locking End Season rewards behind Honor : the worst decision by Riot ever
Punishing flamers doesn't really solve anything in the end. In fact the game is just 10x worse now. Instead of venting out anger with words, there is an increase in trolling instead. People releive their anger by either trolling, feeding and afk farming in obvious ways to punish their team. At the same time they are cleverly bypassing the punishment system by not being too rude in chat. Another thing that often happens is if someone does a mistake, they say "its lost", "gg go next" even while all turrets are still up. Yet these words prove to be very powerful since everyone just gives up and do bad plays they wouldnt otherwise do. I'd rather have kids insulting my mom or wishing me diseases than kids ruining every single game where we are behind. At least before people would still try to win even if someone flamed. Now it's more about sabotaging for your own team. I can easily ignore words, but when the game is unplayable cause of increase in trollers, it's just not fun anymore. By the way I lost motivation to play now that I wont get any rewards. Why should I play thousands of games when I wont even receive any rewards that are evidence of my achievement? > [{quoted}](name=Hansiman,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6aamsisq,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2018-11-05T19:35:28.980+0000) > > Chat restrictions don&#x27;t appear after bursting in a single game. They appear when there&#x27;s a trend in your recent behavior. So this guy was super nice had honor level 5, said nothing when rito matched him up with trollers in all his promos (which is really honorable), had 1 bad day and lost everything. While he should have a punishment for his mistakes, ruining the game for him and robbing him of 1000s hours work is not nice.
: Locking End Season rewards behind Honor : the worst decision by Riot ever
Here are some interesting facts. 1. It takes 1 day of being really mad to reach honor level 0 2. It takes 2 months+ playing all day every day to reach honor level 1 3. Those people who are 99% positive may not get rewards As the honor system works now, it is too strict to not give people rewards if their honor is 0. 4. It takes 100 hours to reach 1 division with around 55% winrate, and 500 hours to reach a new league. 5. Having the border with your rank from previous season is a big motivation for those 1000+ hours of playing. 6. Even those with honor level 0 who had some bad days are customers who pay to play and invested an invaluable amount of time to reach their goals I feel really robbed as a paying customer. After being a victim of their insanely evil matchmaking where I'm matched up with afkers and feeders 20 games in a row, I can happen to feel like venting out some anger by flaming, e.g. calling my team monkeys (which they are) etc. Then I immediately I get honor level 0 which just takes like 1000 games to fix. Thanks for your treatment rito.
Kurotsu (EUW)
: This is why I climbed to gold in the end
If plats arent bad enough at objectives, I can only imagine silvers looking for a teamfight while enemy just destroy the top turret and then the whole base without them noticing anything {{sticker:sg-kiko}}
: Cute league player bent over by riot and they went in hard
The flaming wasn't that bad considering I see worse in every game. What is most punishable imo is that you refuse to teamplay. If you got permaban its too strict. But is this really the only thing you've done?
hmm (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Lane Police,realm=EUNE,application-id=yTagKVTg,discussion-id=eOBJhf9k,comment-id=0001000100000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-10-29T13:04:35.022+0000) > > First off, props to you for reaching D3. You provided the proof I asked for, your claims are hereby stand corrected . Thanks man :) > Secondly, you misuse the term &quot;pseudo-science&quot;. There&#x27;s nothing scientific about some charts, god forbid pseudo-scientific. They are not any more scientific, than your profile page in LOL client. That depends on which charts. Perhaps we should use the word reliability instead? > > Bit of a stretch there, I wouldn&#x27;t call D3 the best, but hey ... cool (?) I guess ? Well the enemy mid was after all challenger and my opponent toplaner was diamond 1. While I didn't play against the world champions who we see at worlds, Diamond 1 and challenger is what I refer to when I say the best. > > Thing is, buddy, this is a constantly evolving game. Basking in the olden day&#x27;s glory means nothing any more, not here. > Again, mad props for reaching D3, very few people can do that, but that has passed. What you currently have, is at best mediocre, if looking at it through the same critiquing eyes - that you looked at OP&#x27;s rank with. So you're claiming that since the game evolved a little that I can't reach D3 again in 12 months, despite reaching D5 every season in 2 months? In that case I think that my claims appear to be more reliable. > Lastly, this is the boards. Not the game itself. It&#x27;s the same community, but here, we&#x27;re equal. So I suggest if you wanna last here, get off the high horse, act nicely with the community. I mean why waste your time, and everyone else&#x27;s with hateful shit-talk right? It's not hateful though, I'm just having fun. > I mean it&#x27;s a bit contradictory what you&#x27;re doing. You gave up the high ELO, for life, and now you waste time here, correcting people that you consider noobs, for what ? Cmon.... From my point of view, writing a bit on forums is less time consuming than spending months to go through rito matchmaking. > [{quoted}](name=Hyper5pace,realm=EUW,application-id=yTagKVTg,discussion-id=eOBJhf9k,comment-id=000100010000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-29T13:14:46.037+0000) > > You mean someone who has friends and goes out with mates to clubs while playing lol in his spare time at uni has a lack of sophistication? Mate ur a basement virgin with thousands of played ranked games and no mates yet you have this shitty elitist attitude. You didn&#x27;t win the discussion at all all you did was show how much of a no life overweight neckbearded keyboard warrior you are. I bet your parents are proud of your fatass costing them thousands while they work their asses off for you to sit in a basement like a slob and be a keyboard warrior to people who play the game casually. Some life you have mate. I also went to clubs with friends, studied etc when I was diamond. Now I'm working with Machine learning. By the way machine learning is the best paid engineering job these days. How about you, what are you studying? Please dont tell me arts? :D
> [{quoted}](name=Hyper5pace,realm=EUW,application-id=yTagKVTg,discussion-id=eOBJhf9k,comment-id=00010001000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-29T15:40:02.753+0000) > > The only clubs your fatass has been to is the one in gta with a couple of neckbeards you found on your furry dating site. There is a higher chance of a dog flying through my window and knicking my phone than you being in the &quot;best paid engineering job&quot;. Bet you didn&#x27;t even do a degree mate and you&#x27;re a %%%%ing technician who gets shit all for a salary and then claims to be an actual engineer. Bet you couldn&#x27;t tell me what a chartered engineer was without googling it. Thank you for looking so much up to engineers. Actually I'm not even fat either, surprise surprise. As much as you wish me to be fat and not have an engineering job, reality is against you mate. :'( > [{quoted}](name=Hyper5pace,realm=EUW,application-id=yTagKVTg,discussion-id=eOBJhf9k,comment-id=00010001000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-10-29T15:41:03.124+0000) > > Yeah sure you have a job in machine learning when you are on the lol forums during peak work hours. Don&#x27;t bullshit yourself just keep playing against &quot;the best&quot; in mid to low diamond if you ever get back there bud. 2 PM isn't really peak hours, I kinda finished my tasks so I got time left over to lecture you about reality :)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=The Lane Police,realm=EUNE,application-id=yTagKVTg,discussion-id=eOBJhf9k,comment-id=0001000100000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-10-29T13:04:35.022+0000) > > First off, props to you for reaching D3. You provided the proof I asked for, your claims are hereby stand corrected . Thanks man :) > Secondly, you misuse the term &quot;pseudo-science&quot;. There&#x27;s nothing scientific about some charts, god forbid pseudo-scientific. They are not any more scientific, than your profile page in LOL client. That depends on which charts. Perhaps we should use the word reliability instead? > > Bit of a stretch there, I wouldn&#x27;t call D3 the best, but hey ... cool (?) I guess ? Well the enemy mid was after all challenger and my opponent toplaner was diamond 1. While I didn't play against the world champions who we see at worlds, Diamond 1 and challenger is what I refer to when I say the best. > > Thing is, buddy, this is a constantly evolving game. Basking in the olden day&#x27;s glory means nothing any more, not here. > Again, mad props for reaching D3, very few people can do that, but that has passed. What you currently have, is at best mediocre, if looking at it through the same critiquing eyes - that you looked at OP&#x27;s rank with. So you're claiming that since the game evolved a little that I can't reach D3 again in 12 months, despite reaching D5 every season in 2 months? In that case I think that my claims appear to be more reliable. > Lastly, this is the boards. Not the game itself. It&#x27;s the same community, but here, we&#x27;re equal. So I suggest if you wanna last here, get off the high horse, act nicely with the community. I mean why waste your time, and everyone else&#x27;s with hateful shit-talk right? It's not hateful though, I'm just having fun. > I mean it&#x27;s a bit contradictory what you&#x27;re doing. You gave up the high ELO, for life, and now you waste time here, correcting people that you consider noobs, for what ? Cmon.... From my point of view, writing a bit on forums is less time consuming than spending months to go through rito matchmaking. > [{quoted}](name=Hyper5pace,realm=EUW,application-id=yTagKVTg,discussion-id=eOBJhf9k,comment-id=000100010000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-29T13:14:46.037+0000) > > You mean someone who has friends and goes out with mates to clubs while playing lol in his spare time at uni has a lack of sophistication? Mate ur a basement virgin with thousands of played ranked games and no mates yet you have this shitty elitist attitude. You didn&#x27;t win the discussion at all all you did was show how much of a no life overweight neckbearded keyboard warrior you are. I bet your parents are proud of your fatass costing them thousands while they work their asses off for you to sit in a basement like a slob and be a keyboard warrior to people who play the game casually. Some life you have mate. I also went to clubs with friends, studied etc when I was diamond. Now I'm working with Machine learning. By the way machine learning is the best paid engineering job these days. How about you, what are you studying? Please dont tell me arts? :D
: I don't really like cockiness. The best of the best were always humble, those who were cocky about it, got their asses handed to them fairly quickly after - be it sports, history, whatever. 99.99% of the playerbase isn't doing this for a living, it's a hobby, how we spend our time, and how we perform in a hobby should not be looked down upon, by anyone, be it bronze 5 or chally 1900lp. And what pisses me off the most, is people being delusional about their own capabilities. First reach it, then say "I've done it".
> [{quoted}](name=Hyper5pace,realm=EUW,application-id=yTagKVTg,discussion-id=eOBJhf9k,comment-id=000100010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-29T11:56:05.008+0000) > > Damn I love it when rank elitists get their ass kicked. Good job lane police. Nice try, but unfortunately I won the discussion as always. A noob gold rank indicates the lack of sophistication to understand anything I am saying ;) > [{quoted}](name=The Lane Police,realm=EUNE,application-id=yTagKVTg,discussion-id=eOBJhf9k,comment-id=0001000100000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-29T12:05:58.045+0000) > > I don&#x27;t really like cockiness. > The best of the best were always humble, those who were cocky about it, got their asses handed to them fairly quickly after - be it sports, history, whatever. The proof that you are wrong is that I am not humble. Thus you are wrong. :D > > 99.99% of the playerbase isn&#x27;t doing this for a living, it&#x27;s a hobby, how we spend our time, and how we perform in a hobby should not be looked down upon, by anyone, be it bronze 5 or chally 1900lp. > > And what pisses me off the most, is people being delusional about their own capabilities. First reach it, then say &quot;I&#x27;ve done it&quot;. Done as you can see in the pictures in my last post. If you need further lessons in what you are doing wrong and how to improve your intellectual abilities, then just keep posting and I will point out your mistakes :)
: Which part was pseudo-science again ? Talking about unreliable evidence, please provide a screenshot of your D3 peak, also of your 80% win-rate spree from P3 to D5. Failure to provide proof will render all your claims invalid. The charts are loud and clear evidence, they don't sustain your theories.
> [{quoted}](name=The Lane Police,realm=EUNE,application-id=yTagKVTg,discussion-id=eOBJhf9k,comment-id=00010001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-29T10:57:10.236+0000) > > Which part was pseudo-science again ? Well you are continuing with it here: > > The charts are loud and clear evidence, they don&#x27;t sustain your theories. Apparently the charts are merely a weak indication of your claims and you are talking as if they are proofs. I already explained to you that your interpretations of your so called evidence lacks the rigour required to be taken seriously. As for the pictures you requested here they are: https://i.imgur.com/1Vt1uR0.png Ofcourse I won the match: https://i.imgur.com/kmnDuaM.png As you can see I have played with the best and beaten them, moreover continously beaten all those smurfs and talented players with the winrate that you so highly speak of. Unfortunately you are clueless. I think that screenshot is the last game I played cause of real life events I took a break, then came back. When you play at the top level of gameplay a month break is enough to lose that performance. I couldve gotten back but like I said, I chose life instead. As you see I'm not lying, I am just teaching you about logic and facts.
: S4 : https://imgur.com/J0p4fbs S5 : https://imgur.com/Gv0dZOA S6: https://imgur.com/OMp6iT3 S7: https://imgur.com/PU87aKg S8: https://imgur.com/g2paUr0 Your performance in the last 5 years hasn't improved in any way. After playing 3500 games on one champ, tendencies should be showing some kind of improvement. With you, this isn't the case. You're a typical dunning-krueger effect case, with the "I can be challenger if I wanted to". No, no you can't. Wake up. You're a magic 51% win-rate low-diamond player, who in more than 3k games OTPing a champ now has sub-50% w/r in plat ELO. Get fkin real. Look around a bit, for people who are actually high elo, and smurfing in plat. You won't see one below 70%. What are we even talking about ? Stop making a meme out of yourself. What you achieved is more than average, getting diamond is super f#$king impressive, taking the fact that only less than 1% of the massive playerbase is in D+. But stop with the bullshitting, you're not fooling anyone here.
It is interesting how you are resorting to pseudo science based on unreliable evidence and weak interpretations of it. Allow me to help and correct you: How many times must I say that the less you play the more your skills dissapear. If you take a year break from LoL, your winrate is going to drop. Last year I played 2 months until suddenly I went from plat 3 to diamond with 80% winrate in the subset of the games that represent my last ones. So if you want to speak of improvement the winrate in the later subsets of games may be more relevant to the result of development than the earlier ones that represents games prior to mentioned development and additionally after an entire year break from ranked. I insta quit after d5 since season was ending and I only needed the diamond rewards.
: Ur solid D5 0LP throughout 3 years, 50% w/r. That's a bit far from chally bud. It's good to keep a positive attitude about it tho, just don't aim that high, sounds a bit silly LOL. By your logic, a player that's capable of hitting chall + plat 5 being so bad, how come you can't hit 50% win-rate on your OTP, in that "nabs" elo ? /thinking....
> [{quoted}](name=The Lane Police,realm=EUNE,application-id=yTagKVTg,discussion-id=eOBJhf9k,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2018-10-29T09:02:20.153+0000) > > Ur solid D5 0LP throughout 3 years, 50% w/r. That&#x27;s a bit far from chally bud. > It&#x27;s good to keep a positive attitude about it tho, just don&#x27;t aim that high, sounds a bit silly LOL. > > By your logic, a player that&#x27;s capable of hitting chall + plat 5 being so bad, how come you can&#x27;t hit 50% win-rate on your OTP, in that &quot;nabs&quot; elo ? > > /thinking.... Unfortunately it appears that you may lack the intellectual abilities to reach chally yourself. perhaps this is why it is difficult for you to imagine how I would achieve it. The answer to your confusion that you are "/thinking" so hard about is actually very simple. The key information here is that as I already mentioned only play 2 months per season. During those two months it takes time to relearn the game in addition to overcome ritos matchmaking. E.g. with 55% winrate takes like 100 games to reach a division higher. (Not accounting for that if you play bad in the beginning since you didnt play for a year that mmr is going to work against you with bad teams as well). Last time I played more than 3 months in a season I was diamond 3 80 lp. I was still winning, but took a break and after 1 month I already forgot to play on that level and fed and never really played ranked that much since. I just realized that yeah I can reach the top but it gonna cost your life basically, since you really have to play every day. So I claimed that if I play everyday instead of just 2 months I would be challenger. Considering I was winning every game at diamond 3, and still would develop further, then yeah I think its quite realistic that I could reach challenger had I continued to play as much as I did then. Now was it really that complicated? Was it that hard to figure out that with 12 months instead of 2 I can reach much higher elos? Isn't it a bit sad that you have to be fed the obvious with a teaspoon?
: Cmon buddy, ur 48% w/r P5. How is that far from gold ? Like seriously....gotta stop w the attitude.
> [{quoted}](name=The Lane Police,realm=EUNE,application-id=yTagKVTg,discussion-id=eOBJhf9k,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-10-29T07:05:40.802+0000) > > Cmon buddy, ur 48% w/r P5. How is that far from gold ? Like seriously....gotta stop w the attitude. Plat 5 is also nabs, I just didnt play this acc this year and the system made me lose lp due to inactivity. If you look at previous seasons I'm solid diamond. If I had played more than 2 months ranked per season I would be challenger as well.
: NICE RANKING SYSTEM RITO
Damage to champions is also an important factor. You didn't even do 2/3 as much damage to champions as AAtrox. It is an important factor in winning the game and team fights. I can also place wards and maintain 0 deaths by surfing on my teams contribution by KSing a bit here and there. Yet the reason you won is because aatrox and lee sin carried you. This is why you are also only gold which is a very noob rank, because you have clearly misunderstood fundamentals about the game.
: This game is ruining my life
Here's a tip, uninstall or ask riot to ban your account. Problem solved gg izi.
: KLED
Cause it doesn't really appeal and the majority isn't as subjectively deluded on the topic as you are. I suppose it has something to do with that lizards don't have sufficient personality to be worth mentioning.
: > But that for example if you have bad mmr you will have worse teams Wtf do you expect? If you lose a lot of games and your mmr is dropping down ... Do you really expect to get better players? The matchmaking algorithm matches you with and against people with nearly the same mmr. If your mmr drops down, your teammates are getting worse. But the same applies to the enemy's team, so ... > If you read the part fair matchmaking, they are just matching you up so that you have 50% chance to win. Yeah, they match 2 evenly strong teams against each other. That's what a matchmaking is for. > If you play good, then your team is worse? That's not what the article says. If you're better than your mmr, than you're the factor that increases the chance of your team winning. Pretty simple. You, your team and the enemy teams players are from the same pool. If you're better than your mmr, than chances of your team winning are maybe 60/40 or even 70/30, **until** you reach the mmr that equals your skill. THAN! you will get a 50/50 % winrate. Because you aren't a game deciding factor anymore, because you're as good as the other players in your / enemy team
> [{quoted}](name=Bettnachleger,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=HyGuUbIX,comment-id=00010002000000000001,timestamp=2018-10-26T08:58:47.574+0000) > > Wtf do you expect? That.. Because it supports what I said from the start. You know the main point.. {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} > If you lose a lot of games and your mmr is dropping down ... Do you really expect to get better players? Nope after thousands of games I see the pattern, if you have a few trolls your mmr is f#¤%ed and also rito matchmaking will %¤#" your games. > The matchmaking algorithm matches you with and against people with nearly the same mmr. > If your mmr drops down, your teammates are getting worse. > But the same applies to the enemy&#x27;s team, so ... NO **** SHERLOCK. Unfortunately you are ignorant to any information which is relevant to this thread and which I have already provided. It is after all slightly complex to derive it, so it would be unreasonable for me to expect you to understand it. > > Yeah, they match 2 evenly strong teams against each other. That&#x27;s what a matchmaking is for. If your skill or strategy is accounted for in this even matchmaking, it may prohibits advancement, where other types of fair matchmaking would not. I suspect that this previous sentence was too complex for you to understand, but we will see. > > That&#x27;s not what the article says. If you&#x27;re better than your mmr, than you&#x27;re the factor that increases the chance of your team winning. > Pretty simple. You, your team and the enemy teams players are from the same pool. If you&#x27;re better than your mmr, than chances of your team winning are maybe 60/40 or even 70/30, **until** you reach the mmr that equals your skill. THAN! you will get a 50/50 % winrate. Because you aren&#x27;t a game deciding factor anymore, because you&#x27;re as good as the other players in your / enemy team. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} There's no words.. Don't make claims about what the article says when you clearly cant read. Okay let me teach you how to read: "You’re winning a lot, and the matchmaker is placing you against stronger opponents. " This is what the article says, and since you cannot read, this is your homework. Memorize it. Also if you snowball your lane, matchmaking may counter it: "There are also factors that affect the perception of a fair match: One or more players trying an off-position One or more players trying an unfamiliar champion An otherwise fair match in which one lane has an unfair matchup Games can snowball out of control with early game champions or assassins, for example Sometimes, players just have bad games!" So here is some extra homework for you, learn to read this. Now as I'm reading it myself, all my frustration falls into place. It basically explains how I can farm my opponent like a minion every game and have feeders every game. Like I said, rito matchmaking is the source of all flaming and misery why people who are owning their opponent get feeders, then obviously get frustrated and flame and troll. Gg rito matchmaking. Moreover below it says that if you are losing chances are high to match with people of your rank but higher having losing streak and matched up against people with lower league having a good day and winning streak. In other words as i said positive derivative mmr vs negative derivative mmr. Positive derivative mmr is obviously an advantage: "You’re winning a lot, and the matchmaker is placing you against stronger opponents. A Silver player pushing for Gold should expect to see higher-tier players in their games. It means you’re winning more than you’re losing, and it means the matchmaker is starting to suspect that you’re worthy of higher placement. If you’re on a big win streak, you may even start to see opponents several divisions above you. Your opponent is losing a lot, and the matchmaker is placing them against lower-ranked opponents to find them an appropriate spot on the ladder." I'm sorry but here's more homework for you since your reading skills really need it.
Èclair (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=hmm,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=HyGuUbIX,comment-id=0001000200000000,timestamp=2018-10-25T19:15:05.893+0000) > > Nice science skills mate. I would recommend you to read through this http://wiki.c2.com/?FallaciousArgument I would recommend you to get a dictionary before you start giving people advices. It doesn't look good when you're trying to look like superior intellectual being while being unable to write a paragraph without making spelling or grammatical error. And how can you even have an argument on logical fallacies if all you can do is to link to some wiki page? Like, really? > I claim that matchmaking is not completely random distribution of people with same mmr. Because it's not random. It's ruled by an algorithm that takes certain things into consideration while generating rating for each player. > Or that matchmaking is trying to balance out your winrate to be 50%. It's not. You can climb up with pretty good win-rate and then start dropping when you reach your supposed skill level. It's normal for most of the players to have 50% WR. You can, however, still climb with 50% WR since it doesn't affect your MMR directly. With MMR higher than your division you can steadily progress even if you have 1:1 tendency in WR. > If you read the part fair matchmaking, they are just matching you up so that you have 50% chance to win. If you play good, then your team is worse? Thats really exactly what I claimed. Where are you pulling those assumption from? Ehh... nevermind. I don't want to know. I'm just amused by the level of your metal gymnastics. Each game is supposed to be winnable from either side. There's nothing about sabotaging one side because they have a player on a win streak. > That is their official goal, who knows how powerful code they are using to achieve it, perhaps even machine learning. But is it as powerful as space monkeys ruling our galaxy? I don't think so. > And what is the consequence of the code trying to give you 50% winrate despite playing good? Except if you play good or just better than your division's average, you'll have higher WR than standard 50%. It was proven times and times again by people smurfing from higher divisions. They always have high WR till they reach high elo. Which would be impossible if the algorithm was favouring people with more games player. There are players who can reach Master within 50-100 games. Why isn't the system throttling their LP gain then? Why do they get to skip divisions if they have MMR high enough and are on a win streak? After all, it is supposed to provide an edge to the people who play more, not less. > Crap teams when you play good and more tilted trolls. Yeah, I know, I know. We all deserve Challenjour.
> [{quoted}](name=MadEclair,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=HyGuUbIX,comment-id=00010002000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-25T22:22:01.282+0000) > > I would recommend you to get a dictionary before you start giving people advices. It doesn&#x27;t look good when you&#x27;re trying to look like superior intellectual being while being unable to write a paragraph without making spelling or grammatical error. Knowledge about language doesn't determine how right you are in a specific topic. Even kids understand this {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} > > And how can you even have an argument on logical fallacies if all you can do is to link to some wiki page? Like, really? Information is information, if you need the implication of a source to recognize reliable information in this case, then it tells more about your intellectual abilities than mine. {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} > > Because it&#x27;s not random. It&#x27;s ruled by an algorithm that takes certain things into consideration while generating rating for each player. Then we can agree on this part. > > It&#x27;s not. You can climb up with pretty good win-rate and then start dropping when you reach your supposed skill level. It&#x27;s normal for >most of the players to have 50% WR. You can, however, still climb with 50% WR since it doesn&#x27;t affect your MMR directly. With MMR higher >than your division you can steadily progress even if you have 1:1 tendency in WR. That I agree about as well. So as you see, the MMR controls your matchmaking. > > Where are you pulling those assumption from? Ehh... nevermind. I don&#x27;t want to know. > I&#x27;m just amused by the level of your metal gymnastics. Each game is supposed to be winnable from either side. There&#x27;s nothing >about sabotaging one side because they have a player on a win streak. It's not just one player, they can put all players on win streak on one team and all with losing streak on other. At the same time you would be robbed from some of your opportunity to win by playing better than everyone else. You can call it mental gymnastics or whatever you want. Yet possibilities like these are not that unlikely and are worthwhile to consider actually. You said it yourself, if you have good mmr you can win more right? That already implies that matchmaking is setup for advantages. E.g. if you spend too much time in one elo, you will have teams that make it more difficult than climb than earlier when you were on a winning streak. I tried a couple of games east and totally destroying east cause matchmakign isnt %%%%ed up against me on east. On west my teams are uncarriable. Was same with east vs west before, if i was hardstuck on west I would have good teams on east. That riot is creating matchmaking that gives me 50% chance to win makes sense in this case. Just like they actually say that they do in their explanation of rank and mmr. > Except if you play good or just better than your division&#x27;s average, you&#x27;ll have higher WR than standard 50%. It was proven times and times again by people smurfing from higher divisions. They always have high WR till they reach high elo. Which would be impossible if the algorithm was favouring people with more games player. There are players who can reach Master within 50-100 games. Why isn&#x27;t the system throttling their LP gain then? Why do they get to skip divisions if they have MMR high enough and are on a win streak? After all, it is supposed to provide an edge to the people who play more, not less. Like I said matchmaking is a force, not an unstoppable one. If you are good enough, you can overcome it. Or if you keep playing good in your first winstreak it may take you as far as you go. Since the system might want to get smurfs to their real rank asap. However if you due to random circumstances end up playing enough games in an elo, the matchmaking will be worse. E.g. In the beginning my teams were like 100x better 2 months ago than they are now.
Èclair (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=hmm,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=HyGuUbIX,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2018-10-24T19:02:02.460+0000) > > There are no unecessary concepts in my theory, therefor you cannot apply occams razor to it. Really? Did you just say that, after writing a lengthy post on matchmaking conspiracy theory? > Social science dictates that Riot wants to maximize profits. And they already do it in myriad of different ways that aren't as risky as meddling with matchmaking just to sell you cosmetics. On top of that - why would they focus on keeping less active players down on the ranking ladder to maximize profit if majority of players stick to the normal gamemodes? If you want to sell something you opt for bigger audience instead of focusing on a niche. > Their choice of coding may therefore be to implement a force in matchmaking which makes it harder to advance. Or they just let the monkey write the algorithm to save money on hiring another programmer. I mean, if we're going into conspiracy theory stuff we might just get creative. And why stop on that? They probably found that monkey on the moon and it slowly advanced on corporate ladder to become current CEO of Riot Games. Nicolo Laurent never existed. HE'S A MONKEY. IN HUMAN SUIT. IT'S ALL CONNECTED!!!!! https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/022/524/tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg You still failed to address my points. You have no proof other than your own speculations. Which is as good as no proof at all. Or even worse considering this makes your post look like crazy babble of somebody who's mad because they got stuck in elo hell. There are many ways to write a code that isn't necessary fair or has core flaws that made climbing unfair towards certain group[s] of players. Yet after so many years of League's existence there wasn't a single person who outed Riot for doing that. Not a single one that came forward with at least one piece of evidence that would out Riot for influencing matchmaking. >Your aplication of occam's razor is not very good. It is like trying to say that you have a programmer doing his job, and that he makes the program "hello world" because it is simpler instead of writing a code that accomplishes the programmers goal. Except that writing piece of code that does not accomplish the goal isn't the solution and makes zero sense. Just like this comparison. > Unfortunately there is nothing you can teach me about aplication of science. Yes, indeed. This is not a special needs class.
> [{quoted}](name=MadEclair,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=HyGuUbIX,comment-id=000100020000,timestamp=2018-10-25T18:33:33.739+0000) > > Really? Did you just say that, after writing a lengthy post on matchmaking conspiracy theory? > > And they already do it in myriad of different ways that aren&#x27;t as risky as meddling with matchmaking just to sell you cosmetics. > On top of that - why would they focus on keeping less active players down on the ranking ladder to maximize profit if majority of players stick to the normal gamemodes? If you want to sell something you opt for bigger audience instead of focusing on a niche. > > Or they just let the monkey write the algorithm to save money on hiring another programmer. I mean, if we&#x27;re going into conspiracy theory stuff we might just get creative. And why stop on that? They probably found that monkey on the moon and it slowly advanced on corporate ladder to become current CEO of Riot Games. Nicolo Laurent never existed. HE&#x27;S A MONKEY. IN HUMAN SUIT. IT&#x27;S ALL CONNECTED!!!!! > > https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/022/524/tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg > > You still failed to address my points. > You have no proof other than your own speculations. Which is as good as no proof at all. Or even worse considering this makes your post look like crazy babble of somebody who&#x27;s mad because they got stuck in elo hell. > > There are many ways to write a code that isn&#x27;t necessary fair or has core flaws that made climbing unfair towards certain group[s] of players. Yet after so many years of League&#x27;s existence there wasn&#x27;t a single person who outed Riot for doing that. Not a single one that came forward with at least one piece of evidence that would out Riot for influencing matchmaking. > > Except that writing piece of code that does not accomplish the goal isn&#x27;t the solution and makes zero sense. Just like this comparison. > > Yes, indeed. This is not a special needs class. Nice science skills mate. I would recommend you to read through this http://wiki.c2.com/?FallaciousArgument Then try again by actually writing something logical. I claim that matchmaking is not completely random distribution of people with same mmr. But that for example if you have bad mmr you will have worse teams. Or that matchmaking is trying to balance out your winrate to be 50%. This may also happen in normal games which you mentioned, however it is more annoying in ranked games. It is a completely valid assumptions. I used social science combined with what is the most likely code Riot would write. Then all you need to do is to google about MMR and you can even see that Riot confirms what I say. https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752954-Matchmaking-Guide If you read the part fair matchmaking, they are just matching you up so that you have 50% chance to win. If you play good, then your team is worse? Thats really exactly what I claimed. That is their official goal, who knows how powerful code they are using to achieve it, perhaps even machine learning. And what is the consequence of the code trying to give you 50% winrate despite playing good? Crap teams when you play good and more tilted trolls.
: Just hit honor lvl 2
Yeah it's way too slow. 8 months of surpression of your anger when rito matchmaknig is trolling you the most isnt worth it. Sure you can be nice like 99% of the games, but sooner or later you're gonna tilt. It's just to give up even trying.
Èclair (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=hmm,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=HyGuUbIX,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-10-24T17:11:29.888+0000) > > Riots goal as developers are not the same as yours. So I believe that Riots goal is to make those players who play the most, or smurfs reach the higher ranks. The rest will have a much more difficult time to rank up until they have a sufficient volume of games. Do you know what Occam's razor is? A principle which says that the simplest solution is usually the correct one. And it this case it's useless to look out for crazy conspiracy theories when there's easy explanation to it - people who play more games per average are more skilled because by playing they earn experience and improve their mechanic skills. > From my experience you should be two leagues higher to rank up fast from one league to another. No, you aren't two leagues too low, you are in one certain division and **you think** you belong in higher one. Unless you prove you can rank up, you don't belong to the division you never were in the first place. If it takes you thousands games to rank up then I would start questioning your skills, not the matchmaking algorithm. > If you are just one league higher it can take thousands of games due to matchmaking which wants to maintain a winrate and a distribution of how many should be higher or lower rank. [...] It also keeps those who have invested their time to keep trying to reach their goal. If people play more before they reach their rank, then they also well, play more and buy more. How can you explain people who are stuck in Bronze for good 2k games? Or people who smurf from higher divisions and get into Diamond in less than 100 games? If the system would really favour players who play more over those who play less no matter of their skill, there would be no players with thousands games in Bronze-Silver - they would all be at least Gold. > Did anyone else notice that the better you play the worse teams you get? No. But if you play better, the probability of getting more skilled enemies increases the higher MMR you play on. > Or if you lose a few matches your mmr gets worse and your teams get worse? Yeah. People on lower MMR are supposed to be worse compared to those who have higher MMR. This is literally the point of matchmaking. > So if you believe that you are a good player, and want to reach your true league fast, then you may feel tricked because matchmaking will be a force in itself that tries to balance out your winrate. Oh yeah. We're all Challenger players after all. It's only the badges on our profiles that are brown.
> [{quoted}](name=MadEclair,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=HyGuUbIX,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-10-24T17:58:15.811+0000) > > Do you know what Occam&#x27;s razor is? > A principle which says that the simplest solution is usually the correct one. And it this case it&#x27;s useless to look out for crazy conspiracy theories when there&#x27;s easy explanation to it - people who play more games per average are more skilled because by playing they earn experience and improve their mechanic skills. > > No, you aren&#x27;t two leagues too low, you are in one certain division and **you think** you belong in higher one. Unless you prove you can rank up, you don&#x27;t belong to the division you never were in the first place. If it takes you thousands games to rank up then I would start questioning your skills, not the matchmaking algorithm. > > How can you explain people who are stuck in Bronze for good 2k games? > Or people who smurf from higher divisions and get into Diamond in less than 100 games? > > If the system would really favour players who play more over those who play less no matter of their skill, there would be no players with thousands games in Bronze-Silver - they would all be at least Gold. > > No. > But if you play better, the probability of getting more skilled enemies increases the higher MMR you play on. > > Yeah. > People on lower MMR are supposed to be worse compared to those who have higher MMR. This is literally the point of matchmaking. > > Oh yeah. We&#x27;re all Challenger players after all. It&#x27;s only the badges on our profiles that are brown. There are no unecessary concepts in my theory, therefor you cannot apply occams razor to it. Social science dictates that Riot wants to maximize profits. Their choice of coding may therefore be to implement a force in matchmaking which makes it harder to advance. That would accomplish more people (not all) being hardstuck and more costumers working towards their goal. For example, something as simple as putting people with negative derivative mmr on one team and positive derivative mmr on another team, could setup the team with negative derivative mmr for very likely loss, even if the mmr is same. Tilted feeders usually characterize people with negative derivative mmr. Your aplication of occam's razor is not very good. It is like trying to say that you have a programmer doing his job, and that he makes the program "hello world" because it is simpler instead of writing a code that accomplishes the programmers goal. Unfortunately there is nothing you can teach me about aplication of science.
: I don't judge, I described you what a winner mentality looks like. Yours doesn't resemble. I didn't doubt the fact that you got to G1 75LP by decay, all I pointed out that IF YOU PLAYED THAT ACC - hope you did since sharing is illegal, your performance on your OTP champion in a pre D5 environment i lacking. https://imgur.com/a/RnQD8ef That's not how an OTP looks. I don't consider myself an OTP, but Udyr is my pocket pick. Check this out : https://imgur.com/s1sY6uc Now about you being in higher divisions than me, at the end of every season, where you got to dia, you peaked D5 0LP, with 700-800 game numbers. Technically speaking YOU are the one who didn't even got close to MY performance, since I'm D4 now, with under 200 games, 60%+ win-rate, a number that you couldn't reach in any season. But enough of comparing the two of us. About your little challenge, I play LOL the moba game, not LOL the 1v1 arena mode. Map awareness, vision control, objective focus, rotations etc are far more important for me than being able to score first blood on my enemy. Apparently what I'm doing works, since - performance, you see. Also, for you to be able to "beat" me, you'd need to be the jungler on an opposing team, and outjungle me. That might actually get to me. Requesting a lane 1v1, when I haven't laned in 4 years is just meh. You usually challenge people at what THEY are good at, and beat them at their own game, not vice-versa. - Keep that in mind, the next time you wanna "pwn" somebody on a lane. Good luck in climbing to plat bud. Ima leave your thread, didn't really come here to argue or fight, and guess your mind won't be changed tonight. Perhaps with another occasion :)
> [{quoted}](name=DYR,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=HyGuUbIX,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-24T18:08:09.655+0000) > > I don&#x27;t judge, I described you what a winner mentality looks like. Yours doesn&#x27;t resemble. > I didn&#x27;t doubt the fact that you got to G1 75LP by decay, all I pointed out that IF YOU PLAYED THAT ACC - hope you did since sharing is illegal, your performance on your OTP champion in a pre D5 environment i lacking. > > https://imgur.com/a/RnQD8ef > That&#x27;s not how an OTP looks. > > I don&#x27;t consider myself an OTP, but Udyr is my pocket pick. Check this out : > https://imgur.com/s1sY6uc > > Now about you being in higher divisions than me, at the end of every season, where you got to dia, you peaked D5 0LP, with 700-800 game numbers. Technically speaking YOU are the one who didn&#x27;t even got close to MY performance, since I&#x27;m D4 now, with under 200 games, 60%+ win-rate, a number that you couldn&#x27;t reach in any season. But enough of comparing the two of us. > > About your little challenge, I play LOL the moba game, not LOL the 1v1 arena mode. Map awareness, vision control, objective focus, rotations etc are far more important for me than being able to score first blood on my enemy. Apparently what I&#x27;m doing works, since - performance, you see. > Also, for you to be able to &quot;beat&quot; me, you&#x27;d need to be the jungler on an opposing team, and outjungle me. That might actually get to me. Requesting a lane 1v1, when I haven&#x27;t laned in 4 years is just meh. You usually challenge people at what THEY are good at, and beat them at their own game, not vice-versa. - Keep that in mind, the next time you wanna &quot;pwn&quot; somebody on a lane. > > Good luck in climbing to plat bud. Ima leave your thread, didn&#x27;t really come here to argue or fight, and guess your mind won&#x27;t be changed tonight. Perhaps with another occasion :) Even if I was d5 at end of season I still peaked at d3 90 lp. I was winning every game at that time, and did utilize my champs contribution to the game more than any other and wouldve gotten higher. During that time i broke up with my gf and took a long break. At a top level you need to play every day, so after a long break obviosuly I couldnt perform and quickly went back to D5. Before that I played ranked everyday and after that i played just a couple of months per season. I decided that I don't want to spend that much time on a game. If I had played every day as I used to there's no doubt I would be master or most likely challenger. Actually last year when I reached diamond 5 I was already outclassing everyone. Here's a rumble mid game last season diamond promo. As you see rumble mid is pretty viable. Won 80% of the games from plat 2-diamond in that streak. I insta quit game after i reached d5 then since i just wanted the rewards. https://plays.tv/video/59cfe9d3c30e294aa5/rumble-vs-ziggs-mid-diamond-promo
: > When you choose to play league and rank up, do you actually believe that you will have a 50% chance of having a good team as having a bad team? Yup. Then I take a deep breath, and tell myself : > Wait a second, you're a 63% win-rate mid diamond player. LOL, you gotta relax bud, the game's already in the bag. Then I get into the game and win it, if I have to, I get a better vision score than my supp. If I have to, I outdamage the ADC. If I have to, I outfarm everyone. I outpush everyone. I spare nobody. I take every damned objective. And in the end, you see, I win. Because I have the mentality of a winner, and even in defeat, I'm thinking of how I could have won the game, not complain about my team, _**while performing in a mediocre way, in an entry level ELO**_. For god's sake, you have 46% win-rate on your OTP champ, and you play him mid, which is clearly not a viable option. It's not Riot, it's not your teams buddy, reality check - it's you. Only you. PS : Oh and your little theory about game numbers, is just hilarious. http://eune.op.gg/summoner/userName=dyr
> [{quoted}](name=DYR,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=HyGuUbIX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-24T17:20:01.041+0000) > > Yup. Then I take a deep breath, and tell myself : > > Then I get into the game and win it, if I have to, I get a better vision score than my supp. If I have to, I outdamage the ADC. If I have to, I outfarm everyone. I outpush everyone. I spare nobody. I take every damned objective. And in the end, you see, I win. > > Because I have the mentality of a winner, and even in defeat, I&#x27;m thinking of how I could have won the game, not complain about my team, _**while performing in a mediocre way, in an entry level ELO**_. > > For god&#x27;s sake, you have 46% win-rate on your OTP champ, and you play him mid, which is clearly not a viable option. > It&#x27;s not Riot, it&#x27;s not your teams buddy, reality check - it&#x27;s you. Only you. Im not even playing on this account this season. By the way I've been diamond since s4 on this acc when I played it. I've been in higher divisions than you and won matchups against challengers, so it's not like you are anyone to judge. Last seasons I just play 2 months to reach diamond then quit. But this year I dont play this account, I even got down to gold cause of inavtivity, and yeah you can see the ridiculous matchmaking when a diamond player has negative winrate cause of a ridiculous amount of feeders. I just gave up on this account cause I play on West now. And fyi rumble mid is op af :) if u wanna lose 1 v 1 feel free to add me and I'll show u :)
Rioter Comments
: Tyler 1 ranting about the current meta He is right..
Rito has only shit on the game and made it worse and worse ever since I started playing 3 or 4 years ago. Some of the latest boring updates include: making boring champs to play against like ekko and kindred. Making the game all about ADCs in beginning of season. Then making the game all about tanks now.
: Wishing Cancer or some other Deadly plagues should get INSTANTLY permabaned
Wishing plague upon a person =/= giving somebody a plague. If you cannot handle exposure to negative information then the internets is not for you, gtfo.
: Remove "You can only get 40% cooldown reduction" tip from the loading screen
nexus should give 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 gold
: Anyone goes clubbing?
The bouncers are usually assholes who only wants to show dominance. The only way to get your jacket back is to request for your jacket back in a submissive manner, such that they won't feel that you are trying to override their decision by being "right". You would rather have to be like "I'm sorry for whatever I did to get kicked out, I will learn from it and improve/adjust my behavior until next time. However it is very cold out here and I am hoping that maybe you are kind enough to please let me have my jacket back?". Then hope for the best. That's what I would do since I don't care about "winning" nor is there anything to win vs such primitive fuckers. If you think that they were unreasonable call/email the manager and explain the unfair treatment, and if that doesn't work , make a bomb and blow the fuckers to hell, gg easy.
ZyXEL EUNE (EUNE)
: If you write "gg izi" or stuff like that at the end of the game, open this thread
> [{quoted}](name=ZyXEL EUNE,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=36xf6XFA,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-12-26T20:27:24.178+0000) > > Please, stop being toxic, if you stomped a game, at least don&#039;t be a douche and move on with your life. How demoralising is when someone writes &quot;gg izi&quot; after a hard stomp, it just makes you want to quit league. > It just shows that you have no sportsmanlike behaviour and that you don&#039;t belong in this community. :) -1
Arcadeath (EUNE)
: Which champion has highest skill cap? [POLL (with only 10 choices tho)]
I vote rumble! In high level play utilizing ult is critical and extremely difficult.
Catchdown (EUW)
: My apologies to everyone
Nobody cares. Everyone flames on the internet.
Rioter Comments
LZ Flame (EUW)
: Riot fix creepblock
I'm done with this game. As a rumble main it is impossible to farm creeps now. It is impossible to harass your opponent. It is impossible to aim with Q because if enemy is behind creeps and u click infront of creeps, rumble will turn away to walk around minions, and thus miss his Q. He cant harass and needs to walk in big circles for every cs. Also it is just disgusting how riot only buff adc and make op champions. I don't like how the game has changed since a year or two ago when the game was actually good. The game is just too broken for me. Bye.
Luis Sc (EUW)
: All this crying and whining will eventually stop...
I am thankful for that rito ruins this game with shitty updates and totally unbalanced and op champions to the point where the champions I enjoy suck, and now I can finally quit this game.
: THIS IS MADNESS. Ranked games are no longer playable on Gold division.
: Can Jax get a VU please?
> [{quoted}](name=franticFurball,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=3v6bNupo,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-11-17T22:31:09.617+0000) > > Can Jax get a VU please? No.
Show more

hmm

Level 58 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion