Semaka (EUW)
: I voted yes, and here is why, it's my opinion and this comes from a guy who got a direct 14 day ban not for flame, not for int, not for racism, i just quoted a guy, once,who told me to "ky-s" and the program detected me as the flamer and got me a direct 14 day ban. I am in the same position as you, one screw-up in the chat and my account is done. Here is why I think you got perma banned. First of all, keep in mind that after the 14 day ban, everything you say in chat, EVERYTHING, is verified. Once you got that 14 day ban, you have a bullseye on your account and even the little things you say in chat, will get you banned. Here are a few examples: > Vívien: this leona > Vívien: i dont know why > Vívien: leona would 1v1 > Vívien: anyone > Vívien: i pinged her back and she wantd t o go deeper > Vívien: lmao This is negative attitude, you blamed someone in your team for one mistake, it's one mistake, maybe she could have won that 1v1 and I can't know that, but there is no point to tell her that she made a mistake. > Vívien: their jax is bad > Vívien: and so is our teamwork > Vívien: people think Again, you blame your team, you told your team that jax is bad and still, even if he is on the enemy team, you still flamed him and someone reported you, from YOUR team. > Vívien: NO > Vívien: LEONA > Vívien: DONT > Vívien: FIGHT > Vívien: FFS Again, you are negative and a little aggressive. > Vívien: report fiora > Vívien: hes inting Flame, not your job to say report x or y, just be quiet and report them after the match is over. Saying "report this and that" is reportable. > Vívien: how can i gank > Vívien: when u always push > Vívien: LMAAAAO > Vívien: if i ganked ur lane > Vívien: i wouldnt get 2 infernal drake alone > Vívien: bot didnt help > Vívien: "we cant affrod more mistaeks" > Vívien: *team does more mistakes than ever" Negative attitude. > Vívien: play? > Vívien: ure legit asking me to playu? > Vívien: cause u ALL PUSH > Vívien: flaming?? > Vívien: HAHA > Vívien: URE FLAMING ME > Vívien: FOR NOT GANKIJNG > Vívien: u would rather they got drake > Vívien: than get a gank > Vívien: besides > Vívien: i gankd u > Vívien: u just died > Vívien: so i didntr notice > Vívien: ure all muted > Vívien: mute Negative attitude. Just mute them without saying that. So, that is why I think it's a deserved ban. You were not racist, but you still had a negative attitude (there is a button for that) and they've pressed it. Keep in mind that you were negative in all of your chat log, and keep in mind that after the 14 day ban, even negative attitude will get you perma banned.
This "zero tolerance for negativity" BS is already going so far that even giving constructive criticism is becoming fishy, as we can see.
Biq Shaqq (EUW)
: UNFAIR {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
Judging from your comment I take it for granted that you think that while zero negativity can be tolerated in the game, the forums are a different thing? So you can allow yourself to be negative there?
: " But because we don't have a propper team (fiora trolling top, Adc alone because support has to walk around alone in enemy jungle)." - Basically, your mentality is pointing other's mistakes, but what about yours? Did you play flawlessly? "I had a small arguement with him because he would rather having me ganking a pushing lane than taking a drake. See, this is where I start to be a little negative about this." - Why didn't you mute him and focus on your own gameplay? Typing was helpful for you or for him?
Actually yes, pointing out that someone should stop pushing lane if they want ganks may be helpful for both players.
Zantonny (EUW)
: A meta exists in all things, it's not so much that it's required, but impossible to avoid. It's important for Riot (And other game companies) to always strive for balance in multiplayer games, but it's a permanent goal, not one that is to be achieved. Besides, if they ever did achieve it (They wont) the game would then stop. No more patches as the game is balanced now, it's done, over. It'd get boring very, very quickly.
> Besides, if they ever did achieve it (They wont) the game would then stop. No more patches as the game is balanced now, it's done, over. It'd get boring very, very quickly. I somehow doubt it, in a perfectly balanced game (by my criteria) the abundance of viable strategies and the possibility to almost endlessly develop new ones would keep the game far from boring. Look at chess, look at bridge, look at poker. Classic games. They are fixed and don't change. (OK there are more and more poker variations). Can they get boring? Never. > A meta exists in all things, it's not so much that it's required, but impossible to avoid. Does this mean that in any game that features different kind of units or items, some units (champs) will always be clearly inferior choices _by themselves_? ("By themselves" means even if we don't regard the whole team composition; as simple as that, if you pick champ X, than you're clearly doing a suboptimal thing)
Rioter Comments
Surma (EUNE)
: Why old League of Legends was much better
I'm a LoL n00b so maybe I shouldn't comment, but... I can't help but notice that in these forums we frequently have posts complaining about the new balancement changes enforcing FASTER meta MORE demanding from players and MORE punishing for mistakes. The typical argument is that Riot only listens to demands of pro players and eschews casual players. We also have posts like this one. I'm becoming inclined to believe that with a game of this kind it might really be impossible to please everyone... pr0s and n00bs will always have vastly different and mutually exclusive requirements. Eh... Still... That wakes up a dreamer hidden in me... What would be necessary do be done to make a game suitable for pr0s and n00bs alike? Could such a game still be LoL-like, or would it have to be a vastly different game?
: You probably had high farm.
Checked again. Nope, I had the least farm from my entire team. I'd link the summary from this match from op.gg, sadly I don't know how to do it or if this is at all posssible. EDIT: OK I can do it in League of Graphs. Summary linked in the OP.
Vívien (EUW)
: You're missing the whole point on this post. I Don't know why you find it relevant to comment on if I have a life or not? > The problem is that according to the line of thinking I described (but I hardly agree with), it is irrelevant. Negativity is negativity, regardless of context. How can anyone take offense to "Learn to dodge(jk)" It is literally saying "just kidding" (Jk)
> How can anyone take offense to "Learn to dodge(jk)" > It is literally saying "just kidding" (Jk) Why are you arguing with me? I already told you twice that I don't agree with this. Nevertheless I suppose that people who advocate a zero tolerance policy for any negativity might not care if this is a joke or not. Argue with these people, not me. Or, if I'm mistaken and if no one and nothing, including Riot's instant feedback system, would ever find this particular statement inappropriate, then I'm sorry for misinformation. > I Don't know why you find it relevant to comment on if I have a life or not? Because my worry is that you may be, to be perfectly frank, addicted to the game. Thus I find it relevant to communicate this worry to you. What you're doing with your life is your business, however, I'm not sure why are you triggered by me communicating you my worries? Do note that I'm speaking about this for the third time already only because you asked.
Vívien (EUW)
: > 1) No offence, but have a life. THere's far more in life than this one game; and 15 games a day is pretty much what defines a no-life. So, unless u have plans to become a pro, my advice would be to get a life. I'm not sure if you're trying to offend me. But I am a student who studies. I play games to make my day more exciting. Beside it might be easier said than done. Anyone who doesn't value your account can easy make a new one and say get over it. As I mentioned. I have played this game since the beginning of 2013 and I've spend so much time and money on it. Go on and just keep commenting on that. > 2) There is a belief in the society that any and all negative tone in in one's statements is a Bad Thing (tm), as it invariably leads an explosion of negativity, end of any cooperation, people abandoning all reason and only focusing on arguing and troubling and maybe even harming each other.Thus, it is a Good Thing for moderators etc. to enforce that all statements' tone must range from neutral to positive. By this line of thinking those statements of yours are crossing the line and are worthy of punishment: I don't feel like explaining everything. Most of them is taking out of content so it would seem more "negative" than It should have been. "Learn to dodge(jk)" JK = just kidding it is even said that I was kidding. The game didnt even start and we were making jokes cause one got caught and asked how he should have handled that. "Their jax is bad" I'm talking about their... in a teamchat. Team discussion I was indicated that this jungler wasn't a good of a jungler meaning we could get objectives faster than he could reacting. Is that wrong??? I didn't write in all chat. "Leona no don't fight" again i did explain it earlier... > Adc was alone because Leona keeps going into enemy jungle, not to ward but just to die there. And she ended up deciding to engage a 1v5. Again. When you're analysing them it is taking out of context. I can see where you're trying to head but still.. > I'm having a hard time with agreeing with this belief. For me, ur chat log is perfectly fine and I definitely wouldn't rep you. I think that, contrary to the popular belief, a little of anger is an integral part of human relations, and that the enforcement of rules of that strictness leads to people behaving and speaking artificially. Nonetheless, this is slowly becoming the general consensus and I'm getting used to most people not agreeing with my opinions. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong. I agree with you, sadly I'm on the other side now. I've never In my life received a punishment since 2013. Just now I got all emotional after something happened recently as I said earilier. It is no excuse but understand this. I'm still a human. After I received a warning i wanted to be careful and then after many games one guy triggered me. After all these years I got no punishment I've bought things from riot.... Been good to the community then this happened you think I can just let go? I just think riot should consider the long-lasting relationship u ahve with this game and from the past. "THis person has been punished serveral times within a month. Has this happened before since 2013" (which is no it has not happened before). I Might be wrong. > You say. No one pushes you - as the person - from this community. You are not (at least you didn't say you were) ID banned - that means you are welcome to found another account. But I'd still advice you to get a life. I have a life. Otherwise I would be dead and wouldn't be able to make this post? I'm just at a point in life where studies are the most important and what comes after? I don't know yet? So is it wrong that i'm spending my free time on a game i like? It's not that i'm failing classes because of this game? I hope you understand and that i'm being clear.
> But I am a student who studies. I play games to make my day more exciting. Nothing wrong with that except 15 games a day, assuming each game lasts around 30mins on average, means you spend 7 and a half hours on LoL every day! If you think that's fine, then it's your decision; however; I wonder if you have time for ANYTHING besides studies and LoL? > Most of them is taking out of content so it would seem more "negative" than It should have been. The problem is that according to the line of thinking I described (but I hardly agree with), it is irrelevant. Negativity is negativity, regardless of context. > I've never In my life received a punishment since 2013 Aren't the rules getting stricter and stricter? They already seem stricter than they were in 2013 (based on forum posts, not on personal experience), and I'm afraid in a few years they might be even stricter :( There are many ppl in the forums who advocate a zero tolerance policy on negativity, if they are heard we might reach the point when a single "fiora wtf" may get one banned :( Of course, this last paragraph is just a pure speculation from me.
: the season is on for 3 months already tho, not even reaching 1/3 of the first checkpoint is VERY slow tho xP that would mean it takes about 9+ months to go from lvl 3 to lvl 4, that's impossible. There's gotta be a different algorithm
Have you ever called someone a noob? Have you ever asked others to report anyone? Yes? You have the answer. This is, at least, how I figure it out. Riot's long-term goal seems to be to eliminate any and all negativity, however slight, from games. They realized they can't achieve this goal by dispensing punishments alone, since they'd have to ban 3/4 players. So they thought they'd come with this honor system. If the honor system works out, so that the "toxicity" rates actually go down bc ppl will want to reach higher levels of honor, I wonder if they make the punishments even harsher? Maybe we indeed reach what some ppl seem to dream about, that is, that typing a single "wtf u doing" will be a punishable offence?
Vívien (EUW)
: Unfair permabanned
My thoughts on this... 1) No offence, but have a life. THere's far more in life than this one game; and 15 games a day is pretty much what defines a no-life. So, unless u have plans to become a pro, my advice would be to get a life. 2) There is a belief in the society that any and all negative tone in in one's statements is a Bad Thing (tm), as it invariably leads an explosion of negativity, end of any cooperation, people abandoning all reason and only focusing on arguing and troubling and maybe even harming each other.Thus, it is a Good Thing for moderators etc. to enforce that all statements' tone must range from neutral to positive. By this line of thinking those statements of yours are crossing the line and are worthy of punishment: > learn to dodge (jk) > this leona > their jax is bad > NO > LEONA > DONT > FIGHT > FFS > report fiora > LMAAAAO > "we cant affrod more mistaeks" > *team does more mistakes than ever" > its funnyt > people dont know that raka can heal **I'm having a hard time with agreeing with this belief.** For me, ur chat log is perfectly fine and I definitely wouldn't rep you. I think that, contrary to the popular belief, a little of anger is an integral part of human relations, and that the enforcement of rules of that strictness leads to people behaving and speaking artificially. Nonetheless, this is slowly becoming the general consensus and I'm getting used to most people not agreeing with my opinions. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong. Either way, this is Riot's game, Riot's garden, and they have the right to make any rules they please... as well as welcoming or pushing out anyone they please. Which brings us to: > I promised to reform "Reform". This word triggers me. In which sense "reform"? In which sense "improve one's behavior"? The use of these words, common on many websites, hints that there is something fundamentally wrong with one's behavior, while again, in cases like this one, I don't think so. I know they use such words bc they want themselves to be more "positive", but this is what this means for me. In reality, in cases like this one, I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with this behavior. (Wishing someone to die for cancer is another story ofc). IMO the only thing that was wrong with your behavior was that you failed to observe some overly and artificially strict rules enforced by the community "owners". And, however grudgingly, I have to admit that this likely is fundamentally wrong, but only bc it is their garden. So anyone who is in their garden must behave according to their rules... 3) > Don't push me away from this community. You say. No one pushes you - as the person - from this community. You are not (at least you didn't say you were) ID banned - that means you are welcome to found another account. But I'd still advice you to get a life.
Rioter Comments
: > ? I don't see how what I propose would make anyone able to complete the mission less often It's simply a matter of being able to complete it every 22 hours instead of 24 hours With the current way it doesn't even change much anyway, even if you can't complete it as soon as it comes out all you're doing is delaying it for a bit
The exact issue is that if I complete the mission in the evening on Friday (because on Friday I only have time in the evening) then I must complete it in the evening on Saturday and, consequently, on Sunday; But I have no time for LoL on Sunday evenings, rather I'm able to play it in the mornings then; so I have to skip this mission on that day. What I suggest would mean that even if I finish the mission in the evening on Friday, I will be able to finish it again on Saturday morning, if I like, and not necessarily again in the evening.
Rioter Comments
: From what I recall the Fwotd mission is more tinkered towards players who play 4 games or so a day, aka : the "average" player, meaning it doesn't really inconvenience those players much On the other hands it would mean overall a big xp loss since they wouldn't be able to get first win of the day nearly as often There's also a slight possibility of having some kind of rush with login queues and such with heavy traffic due to everyone getting his mission at the same time Also a possibility of players at that time not really playing to win but , ironically, just playing for the first win of the day, leading to a sentiment of mass frustration leading to lots of toxicity spreading around that time Of course those things are mere speculations not bound to happen but I feel like it isn't really a risk worth taking for something that doesn't affect most of the playerbase as it currently stands I do understand where the frustration comes from tho
> From what I recall the Fwotd mission is more tinkered towards players who play 4 games or so a day, aka : the "average" player, meaning it doesn't really inconvenience those players much > On the other hands it would mean overall a big xp loss since they wouldn't be able to get first win of the day nearly as often ? I don't see how what I propose would make anyone able to complete the mission less often? Actually I thought my suggestion would make most players able to complete the mission more often? > There's also a slight possibility of having some kind of rush with login queues and such with heavy traffic due to everyone getting his mission at the same time > Also a possibility of players at that time not really playing to win but , ironically, just playing for the first win of the day, leading to a sentiment of mass frustration leading to lots of toxicity spreading around that time My guess is that this depends on where the mission would reset. If it would reset during the peak hours then yes, I suppose all what you describe would likely happen. However, if it would reset when no one plays the game - I guess 3 o'clock AM could be a good time, or maybe 4 o'clock even - then I can't see how could such disastrous predictions come true? Few people would likely play the game to get the mission before having to go to school/work; and since most people would be back from school/work at different times, this would likely even out, I suppose. All I'd like this suggestion to achieve is to enable players to finish the mission at any moment of the day and not necessarily only at a fixed time of the day like now.
Rioter Comments
Zeromatsu (EUW)
: I think you are right. The official league site states the same: https://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/champions/Annie/ So her Q should have 625 range. But it doesn't say how much AA range she has.
> But it doesn't say how much AA range she has. According to the client it is supposed to be 575
Rioter Comments
Fajerk (EUW)
: http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/but-why.gif
I got bored of going full tank Ali every time, I was thinking if I could make him more bruiser-y. My thinking was: Ali combo = wqe - all 3 scale with AP so I must build AP; But I must not die during E and must fight with autos then so I must build tankiness and AAs. Tankiness hence {{item:3027}} {{item:3152}} {{item:3146}} (the last one for healing); AAs hence {{item:3115}} {{item:3100}} {{item:3146}} . The {{item:3089}} because mandatory on any AP build. Yeah I can see glaring weaknesses, no armor, no MR, movement from {{item:3100}} only, no magic penetration / armor penetration mandatory on any damaging build... but one can fit only so many items in 6 slots.
Snowman Arc (EUNE)
: No. At best you might do a lot of damage to the ADC if you get close enough, but you will probably die before you get even close. Also, this is a pretty expensive build to go for, which means you need to play Alistar in a solo lane, which isn't ideal. Solo lane Alistar is very weak and you will be exploited in higher elo and you will never get to the itemization you desire. Farming as Alistar is really hard early and he has high mana costs and no escape, so he will miss a lot of cs and probably die a lot.
Well I'm pretty much bored going full tank every time, so I was thinking if I can make Ali a little more bruisery... Is the build shitty or is just Ali good for going full tank and full tank ONLY?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Zoulspook (EUW)
: The 5 Tricks to Climbing Ranked Nobody Told You
[ Does Caitlyn only have ~13% winrate in ranked solo queue? ](https://boards.eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/champions-gameplay-en/X7EudL0M-does-caitlyn-only-have-13-winrate-in-ranked-solo-queue)
Rioter Comments
Saibbo (EUW)
: >If a game cannot be won, may I argue to stop wasting time? The game is just like this, you can't always win, you'd never go in a game and expect to win early or ff to not waste your time, you'll never learn if you stop trying if you're losing. Yes there are some games that it's actually impossible to win because your team just want to open or whatever and you literally can't do nothing, then you want to ff and go next and not tilt because you can't do nothing about it, but otherwise that mentality to just surrender because it's a waste of time to try a comeback is wrong, even if your team is bad, some practice from behind trying to stall a game is not a bad thing you may need it in ranked because those is where you really need to go hard or not play.
There is a difference between a game that was not won early and a game when we are 11v50. The former can be won, the latter cannot be won. > you'd never go in a game and expect to win early or ff to not waste your time That is not what I'm saying in my post! > you'll never learn if you stop trying if you're losing. what can I learn from watching the enemies obliterate us? Yes I could 100-0 a lone Nidalee that game, but as long as they were pushing in a team, NOTHING could be done. At the point of 11v50 the only possible result of a 5v5 teamfight was that they gained 5 more kills and 0 more deaths.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=kmph2mps,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=4TfH6G72,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-02-02T23:20:08.428+0000) > > My question is. How are you gone differentiate a troll from a person who's had a real life emergency and/or ppl making poor judgements in good faith? The first part is very easy ... Real life emergencies, by definition, do not happen often, so if you go AFK once a month, you are ok ... if you go AFK once per day, you are most possibly a troll or, you should at the very least learn to hit the "play" button if and only if you know that you have time to complete the game. The second part is harder, but at the very least a start could be made with the obvious people (6 tears for more than 1 minute, habitual 0-20 scores and stuff like that) ... the secret here, again, is how often these things happen ... once a month .?. Maybe a bad game or you were trying new stuff out ... once a day .?. Maybe a troll. The system could ban the obvious people and send some warnings to the probable trolls, just a notice that the system has "a particular set of skills" and that they wouldn't want to mess with it :p But this is all moot ... Riot, so far, has failed to even catch the people that have flooded the co-op and ARAMs with farm-bots, which, by definition, should be quite easier to spot, let alone deal with real people ... > I really don't wanna this game to come to this that ppl will start getting banned for being unskilled. Even though many good players would likely want this. I totally agree with that, but doing nothing is not good either ...
One thing. A person who's been only playing, say, supp, may frequently have a horrible KDA if they try, say, mid for the first time. Likely they will suck every single game till their MMR goes down to the abyss.
: Ok, I can mute chat. But how do I mute troll behaviour?
My question is. How are you gone differentiate a troll from a person who's had a real life emergency and/or ppl making poor judgements in good faith? I really don't wanna this game to come to this that ppl will start getting banned for being unskilled. Even though many good players would likely want this.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: you forgot about option 4: he hasn't finished his placements yet and option 5: it's a silver smurf having a bad game http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/wltz.gif
Re 4): If I'm not mistaken if he hasn't finished his placements yet he'd be matchmade somewhere around Gold. Or if he's matchmade in bronze then he must've been doing horribliy in his previous placements. Or am I wrong?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
TTekkers (EUW)
: _"Who doesn't enjoy being under the gun?"_ Personally, I really like Cait's voiceover - it's a massive parody whilst still being believable as a character.
Believable as character? Good Sir, please show me a police officer who dresses like a fetish queen while on duty and takes a sniper rifle to patrol streets? LoL characters are actually... tropes. And tropes are tropes: one-dimensional, overly simplified, usually hardly resembling real life. If we start looking at LoL lore from the believability point of view... then it is not believable at all. And, I bet, neither it should, by design.
Rioter Comments
Èclair (EUNE)
: Because it's new season, new changes, new beginnings. It helps keep game fresh and interesting. Yeah, a week after first season patch rolls live is chaotic and might be frustrating. But you don't have to play your placements right away, you might want to wait a bit and then proceed to climb the ranked ladder. At some point you'll find yourself hard stuck on elo you cannot possibly climb with your skills and knowledge so soft reset gives you a new chance to start anew and maybe utilize pre-season changes to your advantages.
> At some point you'll find yourself hard stuck on elo you cannot possibly climb with your skills and knowledge This is the definition of Elo Hell and I get there's a consensus there is no such thing as elo hell
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Shukr4n (EUW)
: no, IF any kind of RL issue force you to AFK it means that RL>> game, which means that WHO WOULD CARE about afk punishments if there was a srs issue? no, if team ask you to afk and game find u afking, even if team asked gently, u risk a puinishment. anyway, if u are really feeding that much farm under tower. if they dive better to cs, bo back rinse and repeat.
Man - most definitely - RL >> game.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Dont pick Annie!
What a wonderful advice! ... Only I don't always pick second.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Hydnoras (EUW)
: >Apparently my ADC didn't know it was a no time for an all-out attack. So my ADC died. Now was it my fault, because my CCing prompted them to attack, or their fault, because they attacked when they shouldn't have? It's both of you. You are the one who baits the adc into the situation and the adc isn't good enough to understand his limits. Note that you are still the one who started the fight. Low elo players (especially adcs) do not tend to know that you can do short trades. They always go for all-ins which will be a bad thing in situations like you described. This is why you either shouldn't do those kind of things unless you can see your adc is good (most likely a smurf) or you can do it in a way that basically makes it impossible for your adc to mess up. As an example, you said you played Alistar. You can do short trades if the enemy lets you get close enough to use your knock up, hit them a few times with your adc and then push the enemy away with your headbutt so the trade ends there and your adc can't even reach the enemy anymore so they will stop fighting. This is still a flaw in tanky supports because they are basically forced to go all-in thanks to their kits and range. If they combo the enemy and start walking away, a good player will punish them by attacking them at the moment of retreat to even out or win the trade.
> If they combo the enemy and start walking away, a good player will punish them by attacking them at the moment of retreat to even out or win the trade. Then there must be a flaw in my tactics. My reasoning was, if I play with Ali and I W+Q the enemies, maybe even stun with E, then the stun time gives me enough time to retreat. They won't shoot at me at the moment of retreat because they're stunned. Where's my mistake?
: I never said it would stop them but it does make it slower which is why people will avoid them people want to climb as fast as possible besides ornn has one heck of an engage if you can't follow a good ornn ult then your afk
OK. Thanks. Have an upvote.
Rioter Comments
Show more

kmph2mps

Level 65 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion