mcheema4302 (EUNE)
: Permanent Bans
Bump . Riot at least respond to the forum and not disregard what the community has to say
Cypherous (EUW)
: > Do you think all people who get perma banned are those Ratirl/Ap0 fanboys doing Disco Nunu or Hardcore flamers Nope, i think the people who get permabanned are those who lack the self control to avoid breaking the rules > people also get banned for flaming trolls/griefers/soft inters cuz they can't take it mentally and just explode on the keyboard Yes, the people with no self control, why exactly should we be fixing YOUR problem for you? you need to fix that yourself before you affect others
Whose we? It's Riot which will implement the system you're just here discussing the matter. And exactly you answered your question for yourself they need to fix their problem and after recieving this last chance it would click in their mind that they should change their attitude in game and retain their composure and not vent in the chat anymore. And since if a system like this was ever put into place then it would mean that they are closely monitored and would have to for eg as I said above get 50-100 tilt proof honors having to play in an honourable environment for that long could truly change the mindsets of these players and how they approach a situation in which they would hopefully not flame :) Do you think convicts should be executed since can't control themselves from commitng crimes? Or should they be given chances to reform?
: You won't like everything I say here, but you seem like a genuine person. > Streamers vent to their chat instead of typing in the game chat most of the time , and those of us who don’t stream take to the in game chat to return the flame and then get reported it doesn’t matter who started it. Most people indeed do not have a stream chat (or something similar) to vent to, but that doesn't mean we **have** to vent in the game chat. However, here are a few tips: 1. It's the most obvious one, but mute toxic people and don't waste your precious energy on them. They are NEVER worth it. 2. If you have the urge to vent, type it down in game chat, but his escape instead of enter. You got it out of your system without throwing it out in the open. That or say it out loud (depending on who is with you in the house). 3. Flaming a flamer makes **you** a flamer. Two wrongs don't make a right. Never. > ..but if you are Soloqing and you flamed a premade you now have 2 reports to one and if 2 people are already flaming you it could lead to the rest of the team thinking it’s 2v1 and that the 2 ppl are right this way the reports against you could be 3:1 or 4:1. Again, flame in general should, and can, be avoided. I can not remember the last time I flamed somebody (not just either pointing out a mistake or setting people in their place - in a normal way - but actual flame) and I've been playing since season 4. Sure, I'm a chill guy, but if I can do it, you can do it too! Anyways, the system does not count the number of reports per game. It just checks IF you got reported. ----- ----- As far as I know, there ARE multiple punishments before the first suspension. A friend of mine (a few years ago) got **three** separate chat restrictions before getting suspended (idk for how long). However, toxic people don't care about these punishments (like you stated). I think it is a good idea implementing a 9 months suspension, AND locking all their skins, etc. for another month or 3, pretty much stating "We ain't f* around" letting them know what they're playing with, or will be without soon. Now, there are several levels of punishments. Extremely toxic behavior **could** result in an instant permaban (but you gotta take it far for that to happen), and I agree with this. And although this might "cure" / "reform" players (or forcing a muzzle on them), but this also is an opportunity for toxic people to keep their valuable account for one more punishment, and somehow that's ok in the eyes of a toxic person. Truly toxic people will probably never, **EVER** reform.
What you said it 100% true and the perfect way to play a game of League but for the last part where you said they'd keep their ACC's for one more punishment it wouldn't be like that since hopefully if riot do implement a system like this then they'd be blacklisted of sorts and a single hint of toxicity would be punished after the next game and I believe that of you do wait a long period of time to get unbanned and get one last chance they might be deterred to throw it all away this way making them not flame or be toxic . Riot could also implement a Karma system of sorts as well or like I said above 50-100 tilt-proof honors from non premades to get off the blacklist and then slowly they'd be more positive as they'd be in a non toxic environment for let's say u get an honor every game then at least 50 games (which is unrealistic) of being non toxic and playing the game honorably this could then change the mental state and make them realise hey we can actually play without flaming back or being toxic and at that point I don't think they'd revert after all that time , waiting for the ban to end, having to be honourable in game you get me? A second chance can go along way let's take a convicts example they've done more serious offences than flame someone online behind a screen and after serving their sentence they either A will end up in Jail again or B try to truly change and get on with their lives the best they can and if they can change after doing horrible acts then surely someone who has done a lesser offence can change as well ^^
Cypherous (EUW)
: There won't be any insight, riot already tried this in the past, didn't work, so they won't bother increasing your ability to ruin games if you're a toxic player, 4 chances is more than enough you don't need a 5th
Do you think all people who get perma banned are those Ratirl/Ap0 fanboys doing Disco Nunu or Hardcore flamers while yes these types of people do get perma banned but people also get banned for flaming trolls/griefers/soft inters cuz they can't take it mentally and just explode on the keyboard and since the chatlogs are then negative they are then perma banned depending on how many times they have been banned in the past. This second chance is geared towards those people who have a hard time tolerating the trolls without flaming and along the way if one toxic person reforms that's also a bonus.
Chrysies (EUW)
: It depends, if it looks like he was trying and just had extreme bad luck, then no. If he ran into enemy towers etc, definitely yes.., never go soft on %%%got trolls.
Most of the time bans are for flaming THE trolls or griefers but who gets banned? The player who flames since chat logs show you flaming this guy and he's quiet and just ints or griefs gets away Scot free since it's harder to detect trolling than it is to just put the blame on the guy flaming. Whole reason I'm talking about reformation is so that those guys can calm down and play the game. And the inters and griefers who run it down, I'm not doing it for them they can get banned straight away because they won't change their ways but those who do flame the trolls they'll change or maybe even one two of those inters might change you never know
mcheema4302 (EUNE)
: Permanent Bans
It's very important you guys don't forget to upvote this so it can receive notice from rioters and they can give us their insight and thoughts
: > [{quoted}](name=mcheema4302,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=R3Yi2s4N,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-05-19T12:07:38.809+0000) > > Yea but it could also be from highly toxic behaviour to a griefer,inter and if you get reported since you have typed in the chat and they haven’t you get the ban no matter who starts it now I know not all cases are like this and some times the majority deserve it but there should be a last redemption stage this could possible end the cycle of toxic-2week-perma-new acc-toxic I didn't understand the first part sorry. But for the last part : if you're used to 14d => New acc, you will just consider 6 monthes as a perma and change acc, as this one is already "doomed" anw. As for the others, the "new toxics", the 14d works its purpose in a vast majority. So this addition would not : - Help reform of highly repetitive toxic behaviors - Help reform the new toxics as the one that continue towards the perma have a very low reform chance.
And I guess we ll never know if they refrom truly or not until it's implemented. Remember convicts people who have done crimes killing,stealing etc some of them can turn over a new leaf after they serve their sentence so why shouldn't those who yes I agree flaming bad but some of them would truly change so give them a chance make league less toxic win win and if they are still toxic instant ban since they'd be closely monitored. Idk how it would affect you if they were unbanned and given one chance if they flame they're out if not then they have the chance to reform.
: > [{quoted}](name=mcheema4302,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=R3Yi2s4N,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-05-19T12:07:38.809+0000) > > Yea but it could also be from highly toxic behaviour to a griefer,inter and if you get reported since you have typed in the chat and they haven’t you get the ban no matter who starts it now I know not all cases are like this and some times the majority deserve it but there should be a last redemption stage this could possible end the cycle of toxic-2week-perma-new acc-toxic I didn't understand the first part sorry. But for the last part : if you're used to 14d => New acc, you will just consider 6 monthes as a perma and change acc, as this one is already "doomed" anw. As for the others, the "new toxics", the 14d works its purpose in a vast majority. So this addition would not : - Help reform of highly repetitive toxic behaviors - Help reform the new toxics as the one that continue towards the perma have a very low reform chance.
Not really as the grinding in league is a lot and each match can take up to max an hour and if they are level 50- 150+ I'm pretty sure starting from 0 would be a pain for them so they wouldn't consider this a perma.
: The 14 days suspension already serves the purpose of the poll. 14 days is the last step before perma, and any shred of toxicity will lead you there. And 14 days happens either after a record of toxicity OR a highly toxic behavior.
Yea but it could also be from highly toxic behaviour to a griefer,inter and if you get reported since you have typed in the chat and they haven’t you get the ban no matter who starts it now I know not all cases are like this and some times the majority deserve it but there should be a last redemption stage this could possible end the cycle of toxic-2week-perma-new acc-toxic
: Comparing this to real life jail time is wrong. You'd rather have to compare breaking the TOS with f#$king up at work. Big time. F#$king up that hard, that you get fired. Your contract torn to pieces. Do they rehire you after 12 months ? Not really. You have to understand, that you own nothing here. Riot owns your account, the RP that you purchased was a pure donation to them. It's not yours. You're RENTING. And if you break the rules that you legally signed in a contract (agreeing to the TOS upon account creation), your access to the RENTED account and other DIGITAL GOODS (that again ARE NOT YOURS), gets restricted. Either for 14 days, or permanently. This is why I'd make lol 21+ or at least 18+ (of course that would probably bankrupt me but hey) - children (and some adults too, sadly) fail to understand how legal contracts work. The concept of consequences is unknown to them. The fact that they can lose something forever is un-known to them. They are used to a slap on the wrist from mommy, and 2 days of no computer games. That's not how real life works. > remember 6-12months could be the difference of a kid growing up and becoming mature A kid is 12-16 years old. You don't generally mature till you're 21, or even more. You might be legally an adult at 18, but you're still a kid. So that 6 to 12 months, means nothing. It means that little toxic 13 years old Jonny will be 14, with a more advanced vocabulary, and 0% more maturity. He'll run it down just as fast, and tell you to kill yourself just as easily, as before. Make the minimum sign-up age 16, require an ID upon account creation, and then give them a 5year ban instead of the perma. I'd be OK with that. **** Again, This is the company policy. If you disagree with it, you go and enjoy fornite or minecraft or whatever is hip this month. The ONLY way of the company policy changing at this point (after the failed "3rd chance" experiment conducted with some permabanned accounts) - is pulling a couple billions out of your back pocket, purchasing the Riot shares from tencent, and rewriting the TOS. Welcome to life, where your actions have consequences.
Well you don't really know if they'd mature or not for sure huh? But saying that all of them won't is a bit of a stretch it doesn't really need to take a person to become 21 to stop telling others to kill themselves from behind a screen. All I'm saying is to offer a chance, those who are serious will take it and those who aren't will still be banned, it's just separating the good from the bad. This way at least it will stop the people who want to actually change, to make a new acc and start the toxic cycle again since they've already lost the main. Nowadays accounts can be bought as well so only thing to change would be the name plate. And obviously to be deemed reform riot should implement a system as I said before eg 500 non premade honours or 100 tilt-proof or a season without toxicity and if they exhibit any toxicitiy they'll be off the rift just as fast 6-12months ain't a little span of time it's quite significant amount of time so would these players really wait all that time and then hop back on curse get banned again just doesn't make sense sure there are bad apples out there but I truly believe at least some people will change and as I stated before they would come to realise that returning a curse or flowing would not be worth their ACC getting perma banned and their time and money spent gone to waste. Also the toxic people who just can't stop being toxic would probably make a second ACC during the ban and forget about the main but those who truly care might not or Riot could implement an IP ban of some sorts forcing the player to reflect .I've talked to some Riot Support staff and believe it or not some of them who I've spoken to do believe there should be an extra stage between 2week and Perma
Chrysies (EUW)
: A little friendly advice when making these long postings mate, take a breath (spacing between lines).
Rioter Comments

mcheema4302

Level 132 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion