Cypherous (EUW)
: > Yea, and if someone is going to offended by it does that mean it's not ok to say it? Depends on what it is an how offensive it is > Except that nobody said he used an abbreviation, he used a word in the danish language. You are not allowed to use a word in your language? He used 3 letters which can mean both, and in this case because the other use of the word is unacceptable he was flagged for it > Yeah, in my language "cum" means "how". That means that I can't say the word "cum" when I'm speaking my language because some english knowing dude may be nearby and hear me say that word and find it unappropiate? Thing is, phonetically nobody is going to know if you're saying cum or come, however when you're dealing with text everything becomes a lot more complicated and at that point you need to be careful what you type > In what world is what you are saying making sense? That would be THE world, the internet is a wondrous thing it allows you to connect with countries you've never even thought of visiting, but the flip side of that is it also means you have to be even more careful with the things you say
Alright imagine this An english policeman visiting Denmark He walks through the park, enjoying the nature, where suddenly, he wears a person telling the other person "blah blah blah %%%" He, stops out of his way, and goes to that 2 persons speaking, asking them if everything is okay, and asking that guy why did he tell the other person to kill themselves. He says that he didn't say that, he just said "kγs" with the meaning of "kiss" in his language. The cop then charges the man anyway because he said a word that in other languages could mean something different, in a public spot. This is basically what happened, in different words. And yes, you might say that what is spoken is not the same things with what is written, but I gave this example so you could understand the situation, imagine that in this example people can hear what people say perfectly and imagine what it would be written like, so the cop would know that what that guy said is exactly "kγs" Also, > Thing is, phonetically nobody is going to know if you're saying cum or come, however when you're dealing with text everything becomes a lot more complicated and at that point you need to be careful what you type Yeah, that's true, so now imagine that I type in chat "cum blah blah blah" talking in my language and meaning "how blah blah blah", but somebody may read the "cum" and be offended by it thinking that it would be in english even tho the rest of the sentence is not?
Cypherous (EUW)
: > Wait wtf? How is that comparable to what he said? Because it demonstrates that just because something in one language is ok to be said to a specific group that doesn't mean someone isn't going to be offended by it > The right comparison would be talking to a black person that tells you that it's completely fine to call him the n word, he says that he doesn't care if you call him that, and you can do that if you want, then you call him n word and he calls you racist and stops speaking with you. Except nobody here has ever said its ok to use a zero tolerance abbreviation and he knew full well what it means in english and is just upset that he wasn't watching what he was saying carefully enough, he has now learned to watch his words
> Because it demonstrates that just because something in one language is ok to be said to a specific group that doesn't mean someone isn't going to be offended by it Yea, and if someone is going to offended by it does that mean it's not ok to say it? Maybe I call my friend stupid, but some guy on this planet finds calling people "stupid" very offending, because sure there is such person. Then, is it not moral to call my friend stupid? And I don't mean stupid like "idiot" but in an ironic way like he says "2+2=5" "you're so stupid lol" and we both laugh. Becuase someone on the planet is offended, should I not call him stupid? > Except nobody here has ever said its ok to use a zero tolerance abbreviation Except that nobody said he used an abbreviation, he used a word in the danish language. You are not allowed to use a word in your language? [](https://en.bab.la/dictionary/danish-english/%%%) > and he knew full well what it means in english and is just upset that he wasn't watching what he was saying carefully enough, he has now learned to watch his words Yeah, in my language "cum" means "how". That means that I can't say the word "cum" when I'm speaking my language because some english knowing dude may be nearby and hear me say that word and find it unappropiate? In what world is what you are saying making sense? That you can't say a word in a language, because in another language it means something else.
Cypherous (EUW)
: > Dude i was writing in danish having fun with the enemy zilean and wrote kiss kiss to you beautiful in danish You need to be aware when dealing with an international game that your "phrases" having meanings in other languages and you should be aware of them, ignorance is not a valid defence > how can you say that's justified am i not allowed to write danish words just bc ppl corrupted it in english to some hate meaning? Because ignorance isn't a valid defence, you knew what you were saying and you thought you could excuse it away, newsflash, it doesn't work, if this were a danish server you might get away with it but the primary language here is english so you need to be aware that anything you say will be first judged in english and then in your native language, but being ok in one doesn't prevent it from being bad in the other > legit ask and add the zilean is was genuinely meant in a good light hearted flirty mood like the rest of the text Context doesn't matter, what you said matters and how that could be interpreted by others in the game matters > you legit have to take the context of the whole game what i wrote with him you can't just ban me by a word if it has other meanings in other languages Not really, i could call someone the N-word and then claim it was fine because i knew he was black, the word still means the same thing and the context doesn't matter when other people are involved, you have now learned a valuable lesson > im not trying to play any card here i was legit just using danish And you legit knew what it would mean in english and you should have legit not said it > it's not like i was writing it to an english speaker i was writing it to a danish person that knows what it actually means in danish that understand im not flaming him if it was to 5 english speaking ppl you can say i'm trying to get away but you can't just tell me im not allowed to write in my own language to another person speaking my language cuz ppl use the word in english to flame If you're saying those things in a public chat in front of other english speakers then yes, yes they can, learn from this experience
> Not really, i could call someone the N-word and then claim it was fine because i knew he was black, the word still means the same thing and the context doesn't matter when other people are involved, you have now learned a valuable lesson Wait wtf? How is that comparable to what he said? The right comparison would be talking to a black person that tells you that it's completely fine to call him the n word, he says that he doesn't care if you call him that, and you can do that if you want, then you call him n word and he calls you racist and stops speaking with you.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments

robylex0942

Level 152 (EUNE)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion