: When I was new to the game, a higher Elo friend told me that I should start playing intermediate 3v3 bots because it is a good practice for PVP. And tbh, it is. I have no idea how that works, but it's legit a bit harder than Rift's bot game. Sometimes you'll even get to play with clueless bots on your own team that level up accounts, and they feed like crazy. So, I guess this is a bonus :v
Sounds interesting, but it looks like there is a disadvantage: You lose the chance to experience how those champs work in the Summoner's Rift, which I think is very valuable for ranked (unless you play ranked 3v3, of course).
: The way I usually learn the basics of a champion is going into a 1v5 bot game against some hard intermediate bot comps. (Like Blitz + Rammus + Amumu + Malphite + Cho) Even if they might be bots, if you make a mistake they'll just cc you to death (Blitz hook into Amumu Ult into Malph Ult into Rammus taunt into Cho Knock'Up + Ult ... no one survives that.) I usually do that until I win 1 game, after which I consider myself to have enough basic knowledge on the champ.
So both of us do essentially the same thing, with the difference, of course, that you set the bar much higher than I do (your ELO is much higher). That's nice, I didn't think other people would use this approach. Do you pick the same enemy bots for each match or do you let the game choose randomly? What about supports? It must be really difficult to beat 5 bots with only a sup... And how many games does it take you on average to win one of those games?
: I try to play fairly simple champions, with a quite straightforward kit. I found out with time, that champions with a difficulty of 1, usually work fine for me. They are simple enough to start playing effectively without a lot of practice, and because of their straightforward mechanics, I focus more on the map instead of trying to figure out on where should I toss my next shadow in the middle of a trade. Of course, this kind of champions do not have too much outplay potential (you know what a Lux is about to do) and they are pretty predictable (Garen just runs towards you), but if you are willing to trade this for a chance to focus on things like map awareness, farm, trades e.t.c. it comes in handy. Also, I'd suggest you play some 3v3 intermediate games, now that the map is still available. It's a little harder from 5v5 intermediate.
> I try to play fairly simple champions, with a quite straightforward kit. Yeah, I use the same approach. Actually, I main Rammus, which is such a simple champ that it makes Garen look like a rocket scientist. But I don't learn new champs to play them often, I learn them to know how they work, how to counter them, and how to become better at LOL in general. > I'd suggest you play some 3v3 intermediate games, now that the map is still available. It's a little harder from 5v5 intermediate. Not sure if I understood this. Do you mean that the intermediate bots in 3v3s play smarter than the intermediate bots in 5v5s?
Rioter Comments
: You need a social security number to create an account, so first you can only really have one per actual human and second it is linked to your real identity. https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/champions-gameplay-en/phRJjxBj-delete-aram-please?comment=0003000000000001 My suggestion how it would work on EUW if we follow this example.
In principle this sounds good, but I don't think it would work in practice, at least not in EUW. There are people of several dozen countries playing in this server. My Saudi friend plays in the EUW server from Saudi Arabia for the simple reason that it is the server that gives him the best ping. I don't think that a system that identifies uniquely people from so many countries is feasible. Actually, I wonder how it works in Korea. I guess they only allow Korean nationals in that server?
POMΠ(EUW)
: Have you tried using chat to ask to ward?
Yes. As I said, it's not very practical. It takes too much time to write in chat and it distracts me from the game. Plus, I think many players don't even read the chat (I don't read it very often myself, tbh). By the time I can spare the few seconds I need to write and my teammates actually read it, the enemy has already taken the drake.
Rioter Comments
: What is a spam caster champion?
Thank you, good answers.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Play Xayah and Rakan like Rekkles and Hylissang!
Seriously, guys, did you have to publish this on Valentine's day? Are these two gay or what? XDDD
Enjutsu (EUNE)
: While some rune choices can be consideret as mandatory alot of others are just personal playstyle choices. They're okay, but without knowing specific champions it's hard to tell some choices especially seem weird. Like for example tank jungle page with electrocute. You really should theorycraft and become able to make a page on the fly yourself.
Theorycrafting is a high level skill. It makes sense to do it for high level players, but there's not much point in it for beginners. In my case, for instance, I only know how to play 20-30 champions and I want to learn a few more. My last five or six games I played Cho just to learn how it works. It doesn't make sense to try to theorycraft Cho when I don't even know what his Q does. It's much more sensible to just use a generic page for top tanks. > [{quoted}](name=Enjutsu,realm=EUNE,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=iLVxq44j,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-08T09:17:09.182+0000) > > Like for example tank jungle page with electrocute. Yeah, that looks like a mistake...
Rioter Comments
: There aren't any generic pages, really. There's quite a bit of diversity in the current meta, so depending on the match-up you might want to change your masteries. You can, however, go to op.gg and copy the pages that high elo players use. You can also copy mine which I normally alter in champion select if needed, but they should work fine for you: http://eune.op.gg/summoner/userName=arthur2341 The "Mage - TL" page is not just for mages. I normally use it for high-damage burst champs, so it should also work well with Riven.
: http://www.lolking.net/champions and http://eune.op.gg/champion/statistics
Where in those websites are the generic pages?
Rioter Comments
: I usually swap with support when i'm asked, and since i'm almost always given mid (i queue for Mid/Jungle) these players are usually glad to go there. Most often then not, the swap is beneficial. A odd case happen in one of my last games. A {{champion:157}} player that was given jungle introduced himself with a very nice "mid or feed" and since i was mid i boldy told him that for me it was fine if he decided to feed, i was still not going to give him mid. He decide to stick to jungle with {{champion:157}}...and he was actually quite decent, even tho we lost the game anyway as we were a definetely squishy team against a team with two tanks. If someone say "mid or feed", you can bet your head i'm not going to please him, i don't care if i lose 20 or more minutes of my life. But in that case, if i decided to swap, i would have picked a tank and maybe we would have had a bettar chance. Who knows. However, i think i won most of the games when i decided to swap. Most notably one in which i indeed decided to swap mid again with a {{champion:157}} (he was a polite one this time), in spite of the fact that i treated him with full distrust...and then he carried the game :D.
Your post is bullshit. Polite Yasuos don't exist! ... Just kidding, thank you for your feedback.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Scrinnid (EUNE)
: https://youtu.be/6ywhB-2h2AE
OK, one thing at a time: > [{quoted}](name=Scrinnid,realm=EUNE,application-id=jeJYsmwG,discussion-id=6oA1Zl8r,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-29T11:04:53.713+0000) > > at 100 minions(cull should be sold around 10-12th minute mark) it grants extra gold. it also tracks your progress on the status bar and in item menu, allowing you to see easier, how you are doing and adjust accordingly As I said, you can see your CS displayed on the top right corner of the screen all the time anyway. How does seeing it also on the status bar and the items menu make a difference?
: You could try just watching a twitch stream of a pro who mains ADC, you'll get advice on other areas of playing ADC too that way
That sounds like a good idea, but I haven't used twitch before and I don't know how to find that kind of stream. Can you give me a link?
Solicitude (EUNE)
: You should try what this guy did, though he did it in a custom game, but you can still do it in practice mode. Its not actually a video of him cs'ing but he explains a process he did to improve at last hitting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfmm40Ow-T8
Thanks for the link. It's one of the best videos on the topic I've seen so far, but it still falls very short of the kind of detail I'm looking for. About the first drill, he just says he practiced for two hours and went from 60% to 95% farming on his own. But he doesn't give any detail of how he managed to achieve that. I have spent far longer than that practicing and never got anywhere close to 95%. My guess is that he already had so much experience with the game at that point and his mechanics were so good that he only needed to adjust a little bit in order to become good at CSing. But for people at lower levels like myself it looks like it takes a lot more than that.
Scrinnid (EUNE)
: Thats why you need to also notice minion particle and shoot it at the same time. It's same with the turret shot. Gets time to get used to.
What is minion particle?
Scrinnid (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Alonso1859,realm=EUW,application-id=jeJYsmwG,discussion-id=6oA1Zl8r,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-06-29T07:45:01.636+0000) > > Thank you. It's difficult to find what I'm looking for in plays.tv because most videos are very short, less than one minute, but after searching for a while I did find a full game video of a Silver Ashe with decent last hitting skills. > > I think I've already figured out what I was doing wrong: I was setting goals too high for my practice sessions. I wanted to achieve 90 CS in practice sessions without enemy champions, and it looks like that's just too difficult. When there are no enemy champions you accumulate a lot of allied minions because there's nobody there to kill them. With so many allied minions attacking the enemy minions at the same time it's almost impossible to get a good CS because your allied minions kill them too quickly and many times you have less than a tenth of a second to deal your last hit. With an enemy champion that doesn't happen because he kills your minions quickly. > > I don't understand what you say about Cull, though. You can see when you last hit a minion anyway, no? yes you can, however, at 100 minions(cull should be sold around 10-12th minute mark) it grants extra gold. it also tracks your progress on the status bar and in item menu, allowing you to see easier, how you are doing and adjust accordingly
You mean you can do 90+ CS @10 regularly without enemy champions? Have you done it yourself or seen somebody do it? Sometimes I watch my practice sessions in slow motion to see exactly why I missed last hits and in many cases there was just nothing I could have done about it. The enemy minion has, say, 70 HP and it gets a shot from three caster minions at the same time, for about 100 HP. It gets killed instantly. If you shoot before, the minion doesn't die. If you shoot later, it's dead already. About Cull, you can see your CS displayed on the top right corner of the screen all the time anyway. It doesn't look like seeing it also on the status bar and the items menu makes any difference towards your CS...
Scrinnid (EUNE)
: Use plays.tv to both record your own matches as well as see other people playing. General rule for csing is that you want to last hit the minions. You need to control when to push and when to go for last hit. In bronze and silver, macro matters more, however around silver II micro starts to come in so starting to practice it eaarly on is a good idea. Also in practice sessions, use cull item to see when you lasthit a minion. That counter is handy
Thank you. It's difficult to find what I'm looking for in plays.tv because most videos are very short, less than one minute, but after searching for a while I did find a full game video of a Silver Ashe with decent last hitting skills. I think I've already figured out what I was doing wrong: I was setting goals too high for my practice sessions. I wanted to achieve 90 CS in practice sessions without enemy champions, and it looks like that's just too difficult. When there are no enemy champions you accumulate a lot of allied minions because there's nobody there to kill them. With so many allied minions attacking the enemy minions at the same time it's almost impossible to get a good CS because your allied minions kill them too quickly and many times you have less than a tenth of a second to deal your last hit. With an enemy champion that doesn't happen because he kills your minions quickly. I don't understand what you say about Cull, though. You can see when you last hit a minion anyway, no?
Rioter Comments
: Last hit training
Some guys here achieve very high CS. Can i watch one of your matches where you get those high CS? I think that could help me to see where I'm making mistakes and improve.
Etherim (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Alonso1859,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=QEOveAd6,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-06-25T07:36:09.635+0000) > > What do you mean by clear mechanics? Knowing how your champion's abilities work and so on
This idea is interesting for me. After all, the whole point is to climb from my current position (Bronze). What do you consider the right attitude? And also, in > Knowing how your champion's abilities work and so on what's the meaning of "so on"?
Etherim (EUW)
: I don't need to tbh. You only need a few practice sessions in a lifetime to get the grip of it. Then it becomes muscle memory Although Early game CSing with champions you're not familiar with might be harder. CSing by itself is enough to get a player from bronze to gold in no time lol. (Combined with clear mechanics and correct attitude ingame)
What do you mean by clear mechanics?
Rioter Comments
Kurotsu (EUW)
: For Sona I think you just checked it in the first 15 seconds. It fixes itself later.
Sorry, I didn't explain myself well. I mean the descriptions in this website. I edited the first post for clarity.
Screwed (EUW)
: ***
Thanks. That clarifies it.
rèV (EUW)
: I'm not exactly sure what you mean by being wrong. Might want to elaborate?
I think I was being a bit too nitpicky. It's what Finron explains below. The descriptions aren't wrong. It's just that they only cover the main interactions.
Finron (EUW)
: Hi, I wouldn't say the descriptions are wrong. They just don't tell you every possible interaction. For example lands Ezreal who gets caught by by a Blitzhook while using his Arcane Shift (E) at the target destination of his Arcane Shift and is stunned for the duration of the hook, while Graves is simply hooked mid dash. But you can't read this anywhere on the Riot scources. There are some (sometimes weird) interactions between different spells, chamions and items you just gotta find out on your self or read in Wikis or Guides. Some are bugs, some are features and some were bugs for so long, that they now are features. For Sonas Auras and Descriptions: > What if the ally is besides Sona when she casts the ability. Does he have to exit and then enter the aura in order to get the buff? < You could say that while the aura is deactivated champions are not in range of the Aure, but when the aura is activated they suddenly are in range so they entered the aura. (Champion not in range -> Aura is activated -> Champion in range => Champion enters aura) This applies for all of Sonas auras. > What happens if they exit the aura? Do they still get the bonus damage? If so, for how long? < If a champion doesn't use an auto attack the bonus damage remains if he leaves the aura or the aure ends. I'm not sure how long it is exactly. It could be for example 3s from the moment they got the buff or 2s after they leave the aura. I simply don't know. > Aria of perseverance: What happens if the shield finishes before the aura does and the ally is still within the aura area? Does the ally get another shield? < Each Aura grants it's effect only once per champion per cast time. (Would propably be too strong if they would be reactivated within one cast). > Song of Celerity: The description says "Sona's personal movement speed increase will always last at least 3 seconds". Why "at least"? How could it last more than 3 seconds? < You gotta read both the active and the aura for this one. > Active: Grants Sona [0]% **movement speed for 7 seconds (or until damaged)** and changes her Power Chord bonus to Tempo. Melody: Sona gains an aura for 3 seconds. Allied champions that enter the aura will gain [0]% movement speed for 3 seconds.Sona's personal movement speed increase will always last at least 3 seconds. -[http://gameinfo.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/champions/sona/](http://gameinfo.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/champions/sona/) < Sona gains bonus movement speed when she activates her E for 7 s or until she takes damage. With only this her buff could be canceled in an instant. The effect of the aura prevents this by setting the minimum time to 3 s. I hope i could answer all you questions. Finron
I think you did. Such a detailed answer! Thank you :)
rèV (EUW)
: >The descriptions says "Allied champions that ENTER the aura..." What if the ally is besides Sona when she casts the ability. Does he have to exit and then enter the aura in order to get the buff? No, he is automatically in the reach of the aura and doesn't need to enter the aura again. >Aria of perseverance: What happens if the shield finishes before the aura does and the ally is still within the aura area? Does the ally get another shield? No, you only gain a shield when you enter the zone of aria of peserverance once. If you are outside the >Song of Celerity: The description says "Sona's personal movement speed increase will always last at least 3 seconds". Why "at least"? How could it last more than 3 seconds? Taken from http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Sona : ACTIVE: Sona gains bonus movement speed for 3 seconds, extended to up to 7 seconds if she doesn't take damage. Taking damage will cancel the extended duration. >All the descriptions say "Sona gains a temporary aura that grants allies tagged by the zone..." What's the meaning of "tagged by the zone"? Every spell cast creates a radius around Sona. This radius is what the description refers to as zone. So being tagged by the zone means to touch the radius she emits when she casts a spell.
Wow, do you mean that all of these descriptions are wrong? Is it the same for the abilities of other champions?
Screwed (EUW)
: ***
Thank you for your detailed answer, but I'm afraid you didn't answer my question. My question was "What happens if they exit the aura?"
RageFuel (EUW)
: With Sona, when a player(s) enter her aura, they gain all effects of it, even if they exit the aura. With her Q specifically, it means that allies will only gain the on-hit magic damage while they are IN the aura. If they launch an auto attack, it will only deal the damage if they launch it while inside. If they leave the aura while it is travelling, it will still deal the magic damage.
Thank you. Some more questions: The descriptions says "Allied champions that ENTER the aura..." What if the ally is besides Sona when she casts the ability. Does he have to exit and then enter the aura in order to get the buff? Aria of perseverance: What happens if the shield finishes before the aura does and the ally is still within the aura area? Does the ally get another shield? Song of Celerity: The description says "Sona's personal movement speed increase will always last at least 3 seconds". Why "at least"? How could it last more than 3 seconds? All the descriptions say "Sona gains a temporary aura that grants allies tagged by the zone..." What's the meaning of "tagged by the zone"?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
oshyy (EUW)
: Ranked Queue Down ?
Yep, it was down for a few minutes, but it's back now.
kiwishrew (EUW)
: Public Service Announcement 01
ie: A different way of saying the same thing. eg: An example. It isn't hard either. ;)
Smerk (EUW)
: Yes, you can get to level 2 or 3 with unowned champion, can't remember exact level. But you can't get mastery points in coop games, you have to play against humans
Rioter Comments
: It's not like every generally unskilled player is a flamer, you know. Also, it's not like every attempt at communication is met with a "stfu". Sometimes players just plainly ignore everything in chat and keep playing the way they prefer (including bad, of course).
I know that, but how is that related to the topic of this thread?
Eveninn (EUW)
: What stops you from just muting everyone without them knowing? :o That dunz make them feel bad either. :(
That would defeat the purpose. If I'm getting it right, the reason why this method works is that everybody knows what's going on.
Doomley (EUW)
: You obviously do not realize it but this kind of behavior is toxic and already makes team members dislike each other.
You're absolutely right, I don't realize it. I'm extremely polite and, I reduce the flaming drastically and I greatly improve the experience for most of my teammates and for myself. I fail to see how that is toxic.
Rioter Comments
Adama (EUW)
: No, so far people flame no less then normal. I did have a few comments on my name before the game started. One was ''I can't believe you never flame'' and the other one was ''well I can see at least one person won't flame this game''. Truth is, I am prone to flaming. I play since season 3 and have never been banned, but two years ago I did get chat restricted. I guess you could say my flame isn't super bad but, I am pretty sure it has cost me plenty of games where I started to flame or be negative and made my team play worse. I took this name now to force myself to stop flaming, and I am having succes but it is very hard sometimes... and I can't help to make some negative sarcastic remark like ''oh great our botlane is playing so well'' while there are losing. It's a bad attitude... One that ruins my own experience as well. I just wish I wasn't a rager.
Well, nobody is perfect, and your approach is praiseworthy. Fair play to you :)
: You have a point wiht your shopping example. However I think the situation in League is a bit different, because it's much more hostile and stressful environment. Many people are already frustrated from previous games or, as you, generally expect aggression. > Is it possible that somebody decides to steal in that shop only because it has that sign? I guess it might happen, but not very likely if you ask me... Actually security cameras are surprisingly useless at preventing crime. To be honest I don't know specifically about shopping centers, but I once went on a field trip to London with my university and among other things we were talking about crime and camera surveillance in cities, since London is pretty much the world capitol of surveillance. And according to the London police (and the associated research) cameras don't really prevent crime. They help finding the criminals afterwards, but the crime rate doesn't really go down. So why do I talk about city governance now? It's not really comparable, but my point here is: People don't always react like you would expect them to react. You would expect cameras to prevent crime, right? It's only reasonable to assume they do that. But apparently they don't (at least not much), because human behavior is a bit more complicated than that. So while you threatening potential flamers with consequences might intuitively make sense on some level, it's probably not that easy. There are a few things that we know about, since they have been researched. One of these things is that toxicity is mainly not caused by people simply being "evil" or bad by nature, but it's mostly caused by average Joes who flip taples after being confronted with frustration and stress. And I think your method is likely to cause stress. I think you underestimate how much stress you put on non toxic players with your threat. Why? Because even if I am never toxic, having you in my team is obviously a guarantee for at least one player who will not deal constructively with toxicity, but instead will make it worse. Agressively pinging players who are already mad or going afk is certainly not a good way to safe a bad situation, it guarantees that this already bad situation is going to stay bad. And being in champion select and hearing that you are this kind of player would already annoy me, even without me ever being toxic. That's what I meant with "creating a hostile atmosphere". From the very beginning you make it very clear that you have no interest in making the best out a bad situation, but instead will escalate it to an even worse situation. And by doing to so you stress people and therefore increase the likeliness of them flipping tables ingame.
I don't think that flamers are evil or anything like that. Actually, I think I understand what they do and why relatively well. I've met several flamers personally, and I typically just try to understand them and see if I can help them deal with their issues in a more constructive way. Unfortunately, that's not an option in LoL, so I'm just trying to find a realistic solution for the problem at hand. > [{quoted}](name=Humpelstilzche,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=i3LF4MqN,comment-id=00020001000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-29T10:35:56.982+0000) > > being in champion select and hearing that you are this kind of player would already annoy me, even without me ever being toxic. Why would you feel annoyed by a warning to somebody else? How is it different (assuming it is) from going shopping and seeing a sign warning against theft?
: Effectiveness of anti flaming methods
This is kind of a general answer to all the guys who have commented in this thread: You have made several valid points, but, the way I see it, what really matters is what method (or lack thereof) is more effective in reducing the disruption caused by flaming. The way I see it, we can only know for sure by testing each method and analyzing the results. My experience suggests that writing a warning before the match does reduce the flaming, but I would need some data to be able to tell for sure. It would be great if I could access the chats, both the game chats and the lobby chats, after the games. That way I could tell for sure whether there is a correlation between an anti flaming method and the amount of flaming. But I think it's not possible to access those chats after the game. Is that correct?
Show more

Alonso1859

Level 85 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion