: 30 seconds for an addition of 3 or 4 digits max? That game is PEGI 12 for your information.
Pretty sure that number is false, it must be PEGI 3 based on the mentality of the players.
dmanghope (EUW)
: Is there a way to permanently stop toxicity?
It's easy to annoyed in this game, because it lacks framework. The current competitive mode is nothing short but a playground for every type of creature this game has, and in reality there is zero difference between ranked and normal mode.
: Best feeling after you see an inting player...
50% ahdh mentality children, 40% vindictive assholes, 10% normal people = 100% League of Legends population.
: Haha, don't worry mate. You don't change, you just become older. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
You don't become older, you just become wiser ;)
: > Average cs/min Congratulations supports can’t climb anymore > KDA (or KP) Causes chasing for kills, and extremely selfish players. Also kills splitpushing > Average vision score / average number of wards (including trinkets + controls + sweeping + item sweeping) Bias towards supports and junglers, bias against adcs > Average objective count (includes assists) Bias towards junglers, bias against top laners there’s a reason mastery grades are based on your performance in your own role, that way one role doesn’t get an advantage... you can’t make a matchmaking system that takes these stats into account and doesn’t create bias > You can make it more select by splitting a few of the above points onto specific roles, in either case you can only "abuse" the average vision score, and that is again depending on enemy warding / movement pattern and will lead to you being behind on levels. You can abuse all of these... vision score is probably the hardest to abuse For example if matchmaking was based on objectives players wouldn’t end the game unless they’ve taken every tower and gotten all the dragons regardless of if they could have won the game. Anything that makes padding stats a better option than winning the game is a bad system. > The 50% forced system would not exist if it's removed (Cant believe it's this hard to fathom)..! But it would, because the forced 50% system is just people blaming what matchmaking should be. Matchmaking puts you vs people of equal skill (no shit Sherlock), when your playing in a game of equal skill there is a 50% chance of winning. So matchmaking system working is shown by players averaging at a 50% win rate by the end of the season. But people see this and assume riot is holding them back because they obviously belong in challenger, hence this conspiracy theory People will always blame matchmaking for being unable to climb no matter what, because it’s easier to blame riot or their teammates than themselves
> [{quoted}](name=swampert919,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=YsJ6IBmM,comment-id=00000003000000000000,timestamp=2020-01-20T14:59:40.135+0000) > > Congratulations supports can’t climb anymore > Go strawman somewhere else, I've heard this nonsense repeatedly, and it is countered by LEARNING TO READ. > [{quoted}](name=Axiomandis,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=YsJ6IBmM,comment-id=0000000300000000,timestamp=2020-01-20T14:08:34.440+0000) > > You can make it **more select** by splitting a few of the above points onto specific roles, in either case you can **only** "abuse" the average vision score, and that is again depending on enemy warding / movement pattern and will lead to you being behind on levels. Have fun being a stooge in the world of Riot because you can't see the forest for trees!
Sefiroz (EUW)
: Which means you're admitting that the enemy team has better players overall on their team the current match... Which means you must also be placed in such a team every now and then as well... Which means it's about equal for everyone and that you're most likely just paying more attention to and gets angry on those times where the odds are against you =) Edit: Dang that's a good buncha downvotes with no proper arguments, guess it's high season for frustration and seems I was spot on {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
Pointless making a case for something that is straight forward logic to anyone understanding simple and plain English, yet you failed hard which explains the downvotes. Juvenile mind-syndrome no doubt judging from your comment...
: Firstly that’s way more abusable and can lead to some extremely bad habits Secondly that still will not guarentee someone in your team not doing badly, like I said you can judge their skill you can’t judge how well they’ll perform in any given game Thirdly the ‘forced 50% system’ would still exist. If matchmaking works you’ll eventually be against players who your equally matched against, so a 50% chance of winning. If matchmaking has done its job you will get around a 50% win rate. That’s not riot rigging it it means you are where your meant to be... the whole conspiracy theory exists as an excuse for players reaching their current limit and still not being challenger
There is nothing that can be abused more than the current garbage matching: - Account boosting - Duo-que boosting - Smurf accounts > bought & sold accounts Combining factors over the most recent 10 / 20 games such as: - Average cs/min - KDA (or KP) - Average vision score / average number of wards (including trinkets + controls + sweeping + item sweeping) - Average objective count (includes assists) - Average downtime (monkies standing around drooling in chat / being afk, this obviously deducts from your value) You can make it **more select** by splitting a few of the above points onto specific roles, in either case you can **only** "abuse" the average vision score, and that is again depending on enemy warding / movement pattern and will lead to you being behind on levels. The 50% forced system would not exist if it's removed (Cant believe it's this hard to fathom)..! The 50% system ensures people with lower WR being matched with better WR players (_You can literally track this on most 3rd party sites, where you can also see the shit in-game statistics those same players have_), the problem is at it's worse from Silver to Platinum, always have been and always will be under the current system. It doesn't magically change just because you might be able to climb to some arbitrary spot with a good WR, it just means that sooner or later it becomes impossible for even the best player on the planet to win the games, because you are artificially being held back by players who don't belong where they are!
: There’s litterally no way to know how well a player might perform in any given game... even good players might look bad from time to time Do you really think riot have the ability to see into the future or something?
Oh horseshit.. Use actual in-game metrics to establish values to match players with, instead of using wins, losses + games played, and suddenly you have a formula that more accurately predicts each individual players skill and understanding of the game, and then scrap the 50% forced system! It's sickening that players and Riot can keep making up excuses to keep this unhealthy and seriously messed up game in a status quo!
NiceFAIL (EUW)
: Up till today I never heared any good suggestion how matchmaking should work otherwise :X
For starters it could be player vs player until 5 roles are collected if they insist on using this idiotic MMR matching, nevermind the number of metrics from the actual game they could be using also.
Henkel (EUW)
: > My main issue with the game though, is the same it's been since I started in season 3, it's lack of a functional match making instead of the arbitrary grouping of 5 entirely random players who combined met a numerical value unattached to anything game related other than wins, losses and games played (Sorry, but in no world does that = skill or even understanding of the game). Sounds like Clash might be something for you though, right ?
Don't know, I make it a rule to avoid the alternative modes released by Riot.
LiAuN (EUW)
: TL DR: it's season 10 not 20 m8 XD
Repost it in 10 seasons as it will still be relevant at that time, since nothing changes except for the worse when it comes to Riot.
Henkel (EUW)
: State of Balance/League
Was actually a rather enjoyable read, I also agree on your points which are well argumented btw +1. My main issue with the game though, is the same it's been since I started in season 3, it's lack of a functional match making instead of the arbitrary grouping of 5 entirely random players who combined met a numerical value unattached to anything game related other than wins, losses and games played (Sorry, but in** no world** does that = skill or even understanding of the game). I've played 9 placement matches this season, one more horrible than the next, not due to losses or toxicity, but purely because of the nightmarish difference in player understanding of even basics in the game (like using a minimap or trinkets). My 9th placement game was the straw that broke the camels back, I am drained due to Riot's inability (or lack of will) to focus on what I believe is the primary reason for both unhealthy gameplay and toxicity in their own game, but I guess they have their rea$on. If TFT wasn't around I would delete the account at this point, so I guess I'll continue enjoying this small section for now.
Kaluchii (EUW)
: Worst experience SOLOQ so far in 10 years.
What rock have you been living under in the past 10 years since you just discovered how shit the games matching is, and for the love of everything.., stop using the term match making, because this isn't that, it's not even close to being a functional match making tool.
Father Tios (EUNE)
: Tbh jungler alone won't do drakes, but on a larger scale the whole team, and bottom too will need to cooperate. (Not in lower elos but the higher you go). I still have nightmares of when I was jungling in gold on my smurfs.
Maybe because that level is like flipping a 26000 sided coin..
Kashiro (EUNE)
: Aren't you rated based on other people's performance with the champion you play? Why would i get less LP for a win based on stats of people that played under totally different conditions? In the end it only matters if you won the match. I would be happier if you could just bale out of the game where you have someone marked by a leavebuster. When one person leaves many people just turn on autopilot and wait for the enemy to win. If you can't manage to surrender you are forced to do the same because you can't just solo everything.
Noschkov (EUW)
: Sure in some games ths can be a Problem but Right now you have the other one that if one lane is feeding they just start inting and don't Play Right. It is perhaps not optimal to Play for a personal score but better then just running it down. For the score you have to do something effective atleast like dealing Damage or warding instead of just feeding the enemie even more by inting. You could also make it so that only People with extraorinary good or bad grades notice it. Like over A and under C or something like this.
An overwhelming amount of people have difficulties even understanding something as simple as using a free trinket or what vision brings to a game, you are asking them to understand something that may as well be rocket science to them. Second problem is that your suggestion would shift the game toward more single player aspect, like the above a massive amount of players already only understand KDA and thinks that alone wins a game. If I had a better suggestion I'd offer it, but I've given up due to the "community" and the company in charge.
Noschkov (EUW)
: Ideas to make Ranked less frustating
Point 1 is a terrible idea, and quite frankly something you'd expect from Riot. It will just make those who can think play that much more for their personal rating, especially in games where 1 or 2 lanes fall behind due to idiocy. Point 2 is honestly a great idea, IF they made it pure solo-que.
Sefiroz (EUW)
: Denial caused by frustration, I get it, I really do. But in the end it doesn't really help ya much.
I dont know whether to feel sorry or sad for you, but as long as you are having fun it's all that matters.
Sefiroz (EUW)
: The summary of a big part of your post is what I've been trying to tell a lot of people. You only play with close to 50% winrate if you're at your currently deserved ranking or at least close to it. If you want to climb higher at that point, you need to improve your game in general. But people's mindset is that the game is stacked against them because obviously they're the best player around at all times, right? /s Edit: I want to put in that albeit I believe matchmaking to be fair most of the time, I also believe that other times it is not. For example through promotional games, especially ones between tiers, let's say Gold->Platinum. It will almost every of those games match you with people a few divisions lower than yourself against people who are a few divisions higher than yourself. This is only through my own experience, though.
> [{quoted}](name=Sefiroz,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=bKRIgFzn,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2020-01-03T15:57:42.237+0000) > > The summary of a big part of your post is what I've been trying to tell a lot of people. > You only play with close to 50% winrate if you're at your currently deserved ranking or at least close to it. > If you want to climb higher at that point, you need to improve your game in general. > > But people's mindset is that the game is stacked against them because obviously they're the best player around at all times, right? /s > It's not that the odds are stacked against you, it's just that the game has nothing qualifying it to use the term 'match making', because that would imply it takes actual game related statistics into consideration when matching players. These game-related statistics can easily be looked over through 3rd party sites, and unless your the biggest fanboi suffering from extreme cock-eyed syndrome or so blind you'd need the hubble space telescope for glasses.., anyone can tell that the 'match making' is NOT using the most simplistic game-related statistics. Furthermore, it isn't even matching player (or role) vs player (role), but trying to balance the dogshit MMR team-wide, and that is often where you see the glaringly obvious problems! Literally every game has at least 2 players / roles doing the same idiotic shit every game, entering a lane at lvl 1 and instantly starting to engage in enemy cs until they die.., and guess what, that / those same idiots will spawn and repeat that shit another 3 - 4 times hitting a staggering 50 - 60 cs @min 15. It really doesn't matter if it's on your own team the above happens or the enemies team, it paints the very clear picture I started out with. That being said, it's pointless even adressing this problem, because Riot could give a damn even though they should be well aware that it only provides fuel for the hostile environment.
Tmenov (EUW)
: That's why I never chat, I simply troll and botted accounts and don't care when I get banned lol.
Maybe beacuse it happens so rare that it really doesn't matter.
: EUW Ranked down with zero information?
Just when you think Riot can't do worse on any parameters from a normal players perspective, they still manage to fail on the most basic one.
: I flamed my last two games with a reason. Playing as jungle, i flamed my non responsive tunnelvisioning top and mid who farmed their lanes while their opponents cleared my camps. Bot lane wants to report me, mid and top also. Game gets to a point where teamfights begin. And now, not to my surprise,everyone flames everyone. But np i get reported and get a 14 day ban. Its the best gift this shitty company could give me for the holidays and im so gratefull im not gonna waste my nerves arguing with snowflake kids anymore. Im so fking gratefull and im leaving this trash im the year that passes. Peace out, "toxic" guys i know your frustration, and have a nice cesspool of game u miserable snowflakes.
This is a prime example of a company lacking a moral and intellectual compas! Next time (if there is such a thing), just accept the game is almost certainly lose, and farm what you can while muting chat and pings from the tunnelling laners, this way when they start ping spamming for help while flaming, your game is still calm.
: What's the point in ruining the chatting experience in league knowing full well that people will still use other, "non toxic" words to be toxic regardless of the chat filter ? What makes something toxic or not, is not the words themselves but the context you use them in a chat filter would do absolutely nothing against toxicity but would be obnoxious to everyone, it's simply a bad idea
Actually it isn't, context is irrelevant which Riot demonstrates time and time again, that being said I don't disagree with your sentiment, filtering solves nothing, nor does it need to since players already have the option to mute harassment.., they just need to stop being childish and use the option.
GLurch (EUW)
: No, even normals have an MMR (Matchmaking Rating). MMR is actually *the* main criteria for matching people. If you win games, your MMR rises and if you lose games, your MMR falls. You'll get matched with others depending on your MMR, the system will always try to get you players to play with and against who are around your MMR, so that on average, you should have a winrate of 50%. Meaning, if you want to win more than 50% of your games, you'll need to perform better than you previously did - you'll need to improve. This goes for every game mode, though the MMR of every game mode is separate, so your MMR in a normal won't affect your MMR in ranked.
You just highlighted the problem with the current cluster%%%%ing of teams, and why solo / duo-que does not work, it's one of the main reasons why this particular ranked mode has no credibility.
kidesh (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Axiomandis,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=8FdMLEWT,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-26T19:56:15.636+0000) > > They won't fix it, because Riot won't ever stop making decisions like a 2 year old child with adhd on a non-stop sugar rush to boot. like what, give me some examples please
You already have the prime example in the OP, having a match making worthy of the term should take priority over creating new pixels / champs / modes. You want more examples?- rushing modes that break the entire server park repeatedly, need more?- focusing on afkers / inters / trolls instead of meaningless verbal abusers when that can be solved by players themselves.. Still need more?- fixing bugs that's been in the game for seasons now a'ka Thresh / blitz hook bugs to name just the 2 most obvious. Dont be a fanboi when there is nothing to be a fan over.
Pepeu2445 (EUNE)
: Please fix your matchmaking
They won't fix it, because Riot won't ever stop making decisions like a 2 year old child with adhd on a non-stop sugar rush to boot.
: It sounds to me like you're stuck from improving. Just focus on what you can improve, since in the end, it's a 50 50 for who's gonna get the "good" teammates. The only thing you can improve is your skill level. :^) I can't see any reasons you wouldn't be able to enjoy the game as anyone else or at least climb like everyone else. If you really can't find any fun, then try playing with your friends. {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}}
To a lot of players (including myself), the fun is climbing, it's not building the same 2 handful of items every game, because there are no other options. My fun gets reduced to ashes in 99% of all games inside of the first 5min, because 1 or 2 players always tries to fight their enemy inside enemy cs dying.., both because they don't understand their own / enemy champ, but also because they don't even comprehend that enemy cs adds to the damage they take. The above is just 1 simple scenario, but there are so many others retracting from the fun I could have, every game is as OP said.., all about trying to delay a game for so long that the idiocy from team mates gets invalidated (Some times that isn't possible), or try and take some extreme and stupid risks hoping you can swing a game and close it fast. Sadly most players at least around my current range don't have a f...... clue about champions or when they spike, all they do is run around chasing and dying, thinking their personal KDA somehow wins a game. This is very one-sided, but the same applies for the enemy team.., I can stand games where you just roll over them, and even when you misplay, the enemy side is so bad that it literally doesn't matter, since all they do is take the bait and die, until you get bored and end the game.
: no its not missing a match making. it has a match making
The game has no match making, period. It's grouping 5 players based on the most simplistic and manipulative metric the game has, resulting in the everyday frustrating and anti-fun environment. Using the term match making for this game indicates ignorance on an extreme level, which is also evidenced every single day in the typical league games.
: This game is so frustrating
> [{quoted}](name=Artori Paradigm,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=G7BelR8Y,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-26T07:15:26.148+0000) > >rarely do you actually have fun, it's mostly trying to mitigate what your other 'teammates' have done and come back from that > ^This highlightes the core problem of the game, it's missing a match making and not the arbitrary random cluster%%%%ing.
: Riot should expand their shipping capabilities
Not really, I wish a ban would be imposed.
Alzokdal (EUW)
: Playing support in solo queue, ranked, has been an absolute nightmare so far
If this is your first time playing ranked, I will assume you are also fairly inexperienced with the game in general. The first problem when you start playing ranked, is that you are placed into Gold player games, while that is fine for some players, it's not for most. The second problem is the widespread problem of boosting to Gold level, which just makes the above that much more of a problem. The 2 biggest problems facing the game though, is it's arbitrary grouping instead of a proper match making, meaning you will always have unbalanced games in one way or another, and in most cases players at least to this level won't have the faintest clue about what to do when. Case in point is the proverbial midlaner who is behind on kda and cs, yet instead of pushing an empty lane to get some free gold when the enemy roams.., the midlaner will run towards 2 - 3 enemies and do nothing but spectate hoping they can snipe 1 kill while their team mates get killed. As a conventional support between Iron and Plat, you are relying entirely on your team mates being able to see windows where it's a free engage / kill, or bare minimum being able to follow up on your engages (assuming your engages are 100% spot on). This post could be made into a 5000 word essay about all the problems, but you should be getting the picture, hopefully things improve for you in the next season.
: Account Suspension
You need to contact support. https://support-leagueoflegends.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201751694
: You will get used to the fact that Senna in late game outranges you and if you actually get hit by her W it puts you in a very vulnerable spot.... so don't let it happen. Her ult is also better for dueling than yours, which is really obvious. Your mistake was to try and 1v1 her. You don't need to do that to win the game... **If we could not turn this into a "senna op 4head" thread... that would be nice**, since you really just started learning how you should or shouldn't play against her... oh wait it's too late, the circlejerk already started... {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
Some times it's easier winning the lottery, than explaining common logic.
: Smurfing on ranked should be bannable
Riot counters every argument for every problem with $$$, so it's pointless taking it up (again).
Ankotzu (EUW)
: Matchmaking broken or just soooo bad?
The game has no match making, using this term for it is based on ignorance (No pun at you), it's just a random grouping of 5 players aiming for an arbitrary number unrelated to anything that happens in actual games, which is why it's dogshit.
CJXander (EUNE)
: Is the jungle role in a bad spot, or the junglers are generally bad?
It's not that the jungle role is in a bad spot or junglers in general being bad, it's that the average IQ of players are sickeningly low in an otherwise piss easy game genre to understand. Even something as trivial and made for the lowest nominator, a no cost trinket is difficult for some players to use.., or even understand what it's purpose is.
: what rank are you bro
The rank where people can't use free trinkets and don't pick champions with hard cc.., oh snap, I just described league as a whole....
: Counter example: Most people who smoke know that it's very bad for their health, and yet they can't stop because of the addiction.
In most cases it isn't the smoking that's addicting people, but external circumstances meaning they don't have the mental surplus to really commit to quitting, and some just enjoy it.
Blotniak (EUNE)
: Wondering: Why is it so hard for people to actually enjoy the game?
> [{quoted}](name=Blotniak,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=683HPEWX,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-21T22:43:39.497+0000) > > Hello! > > I'm playing league for quite some time now and was always at least trying to have fun there. During these years I have seen many people and I've made a conclusion: majority of players simply don't have fun. As in title, I was wondering: why is that? Why people are doing something they don't enjoy? I believe it's not like they are forced to play or something like that. Not having fun is the root of all evil we're seeing there: flame, ignorantion and basically every other sign of the negative attitude. > Did you ever consider that your type of fun isn't the same for everyone, and that doesn't mean XYZ person is ignorant? For me, the fun about this game is ranking up.., and that's it, there are 2 very clear reasons why my fun is more often than not being ruined resulting in me playing the game less and less. 1. Players who either don't understand the simple concept of farming > gaining levels / power / items > spend most of the game flaming someone else for their own mistakes, or people who just don't care about winning and just run around providing target pratice. 2. The lack of a proper match making in the game that's sacrificed for the fast games resulting in the above, and a system that tries to enforce a 50% WR for no reason other than Riot thinking it makes people play more games (which it doesn't, just makes people more frustrated thus playing less). Before someone starts about what happens on your team also happens on the enemy team over time.... Don't even bother, that argument is pathetic and only shows you don't understand what I wrote in point 2. Players objective, mentality and capability of playing the game are wildly different which only makes point 2 that much worse.., but whatever reason people play the game for is their decision, so in the end you just have to decide if the game is for you or not. For me, it's all about waiting for other games coming out in the new year, and if they are as promising as they appear on first glance, I suspect my time with this game is over, because currently (imo) nothing speaks for league, but there are tons going against it.
: Its genuinely ridiculous that because the streamers are bringing them money, they only care about NA and yet they're a multi-billionaire company.
Streamers generate so little income compared to the sheep, difference being the sheep will keep being naive blue-eyed puppets even if the servers was down for a year where as the streamers will generate bad pr. So why waste the time of day on the sheep when all it requires is to make more skins to keep them happy.
PzyXo (EUW)
: Well, toxicity can be solved. Solve inting
Toxic environenment = ~~verbal~~ + afking + leaving + inting. Toxic chat is already solved with the mute function.
Ozcuro (EUW)
: There is a reason why i dont recommend this game to anyone anymore. It has come to a point where new players cant adapt to lol or learn how to play it because of smurfs. It's insane!
Add to that a highly toxic environment in general, not to mention a company that promotes it.
: Actually it does, look at the thread below it... he’s making fun of someone’s stupid post by sarcastically mimicking it... the punch line is in the context
Again, no reference meaning it loses it's entire point, and there is no context in the post.
Alchemiczka (EUNE)
: Let me introduce you to League's shop :D First - release a champion that is really OP so even if your enemies already know the skills it's still hard to lose with it. Next - wait for people to buy it. Next - nerf the hell out of him so everyone will be mad because he will slowly become useless. Next - buff it a little bit so people think you can still play it. Next - release another champion so people will forget about it and buy another champ.
He literally has everything, and I mean everything in his kit, there are no downside to this champion currently.., even if they chunked 10% flat on his dmg it still wouldn't matter just because of his kit.
Shamose (EUW)
: Can people stop taking a joke post so seriously.
A joke has a punch line or some funny reference indicating there is a point, this has neither.
Shamose (EUW)
: How to be a proper Anti of riot games?
Maybe having some context in your post would make it "slightly" more valuable, instead of just a vague reference to whatever you can think of. Factual.., factual what?- a post of nothing?- nonsense and information in the same sentence almost.. You are right, that was hilarious!
: **"Before I got banned a few years back"**
Cant force people to use their brain, so instead I just give up.
: He didn't get a leaver buster doe... he only said he got "banned" nothing about leaving the lobby over and over.
> [{quoted}](name=HairyGorilla,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=uTBUkqqr,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-12-14T15:53:38.654+0000) > > before I got banned a few years back I got triggered HARD and I started to intentionally feed and AFK in my games, I dropped from plat 1 to gold 1, **the only punishment i got was a 20 minute queue time to my game** which was over after X amount of games. >
: > [{quoted}](name=Axiomandis,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=ytJEYzxM,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-12-15T09:19:03.469+0000) > > Track it game for game to understand why. > > If you've lost a few games like the one you describe, you'll notice your team starts becoming better in terms of WR while the enemy team starts going down, that's how it works until you've won a few games and your MMR increases. not in my experience, but ok nice try to argument your statement
I guess you are the speciel one then.
rVeWalker (EUW)
: RANKED SYSTEM IS %%%%ING BROKEN
Track it game for game to understand why. If you've lost a few games like the one you describe, you'll notice your team starts becoming better in terms of WR while the enemy team starts going down, that's how it works until you've won a few games and your MMR increases. Then the pendulum swings the other way and now it's your team that starts going down in terms of WR. The system is designed to try and balance around 50% WR to make people play more games, arguably that's also what makes it so poor! 1. It creates a lot of frustration because games aren't balanced and you just wait for the games where nothing matters cause you will lose regardless. 2. Frustration can lead to lashing out further degrading this otherwise "great" atmosphere the game has going for it. 3. Grinding is not needed in this games genre, because players will naturally settle at their skill level without the forced 50% balancing by the system. 4. Grinding only works when you have a continued set of goals you can work towards, something you can't have in this game due to point 3 unless you are naive and don't understand the system. 5. The argument used that you are the deciding factor is a poor mans excuse used to validate a system that creates frustration and animosity, and it's moot since this is a 5 v 5 co-op game, not a 1 v 9 single player game.
Show more

Axiomandis

Level 62 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion