Eveninn (EUW)
: Why flame someone who coilduld have muted you though? :o
> [{quoted}](name=GPet,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=oiOPVuvT,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2018-02-14T10:46:52.575+0000) > > Why flame someone who coilduld have muted you though? :o Why flame at all?
: The thing is, you wouldn't really listen to that advice. Every single time it happens in my game, I do give advice - stop pushing, sit under the turret if you must, just don't feed so we don't get stomped by your enemy laner. If you were to listen, then eventually jungler would come to help you get back on track or the laning phase would simply end and team fights would begin. But nobody ever listens, everybody wants to be aggressive, to "prove" something, and the more they die the more they try, which only means they die even more and that's how you get fed enemies. Nobody is going to dive you before lvl 10 or so, so if you had 5+ deaths before the laning phase ended, I'm sorry but it was all on you. As for the flaming, well, it's people's way of fighting what is happening. They can't play for you, they can't help you, I truly doubt you would listen because it doesn't take a genius to play defensive, so the only thing they can do is express their anger. You're always free to mute and report...
> [{quoted}](name=Sugarlicious,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=oiOPVuvT,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-14T10:32:25.585+0000) > > The thing is, you wouldn't really listen to that advice. Every single time it happens in my game, I do give advice - stop pushing, sit under the turret if you must, just don't feed so we don't get stomped by your enemy laner. If you were to listen, then eventually jungler would come to help you get back on track or the laning phase would simply end and team fights would begin. But nobody ever listens, everybody wants to be aggressive, to "prove" something, and the more they die the more they try, which only means they die even more and that's how you get fed enemies. Nobody is going to dive you before lvl 10 or so, so if you had 5+ deaths before the laning phase ended, I'm sorry but it was all on you. > > As for the flaming, well, it's people's way of fighting what is happening. They can't play for you, they can't help you, I truly doubt you would listen because it doesn't take a genius to play defensive, so the only thing they can do is express their anger. You're always free to mute and report... Eh, I listen to advice when it's useful, makes sense, and is given in a nice way (and sometimes the mean way if it's actually useful). But this guy's advice was at one point "stop dying". Which, while is what we all should have stopped doing, wasn't useful. I'm not trying to say that we were actually playing well and he shouldn't have been frustrated, but less insults, and maybe just more annoyance and advice is the way to go. Whether the player you advise listens is on them. My point of this post wasn't to get on at them in particular though. I said to the other person, but it was mostly harmless, just pointless, and at post-game, quite rude, but it was more the talk of someone who, as you say, couldn't control what happened and got frustrated. Not in the line of blaming them entirely, rather trying to appeal to those like that, that being rude doesn't get you anywhere in the game with your team.
Shukr4n (EUW)
: The urgecto open such thread tells me u didnt mute. Why then?
> [{quoted}](name=Shukr4n,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=oiOPVuvT,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-02-14T09:14:39.107+0000) > > The urgecto open such thread tells me u didnt mute. > > Why then? I did once the toplaner started going off at us. I don't like to mute first, but if someone clearly isn't getting the message that they're not helping by flaming/insulting/whatever, then I mute at that point. I read the worst of it post-game, and it just comes down to this: it doesn't help. During or post game, none of it helps, no matter how many insults are thrown. I'm PSAing not because I'm annoyed at the player (it was mostly harmless) but because it's those players who can forget that it doesn't help.
: Stop Perma ban for Flame ? (Riot Games)
If there was no real permanent risk to flaming, then it'll INCREASE flaming. You see, there's different types of players. 1. Those who just don't flame 2. Those who maybe have a couple of bad games and get snippy with teammates but say nothing offensive, horrible, etc. Just stuff like "Ugh, this sucks", "Stop dying ffs" and so forth. You know the comments. 3. Those who flame, and call people offensive names, and then get a ban, and the reality of the situation hits them 4. Those who never ever stop flaming and possibly even tell people to kill themselves, use slurs and so forth, no matter how many bans they get Removing permabans for flame will lead to Group 4 never ever truly being punished, because the persistent flaming beyond the multiple punishments they get beforehand proves they WON'T reform without severe punishment This would also likely lead to Group 3 no longer worrying about their punishments, and create more people that slot into Group 4. You may also get people from Group 2 starting to say more severe things when they're just snippy (though they likely land in Group 3 if this was reality rather than Group 4). The point of a perma-ban is Riot saying "We don't accept that behaviour here". Most of the time, people get other punishments BEFORE the perma-ban, and this is Riot saying "Hey, yo, stop that crap or it'll get worse" and of course, the bans get worse and lead to a perma-ban. Look [here](https://prnt.sc/iejbjg). The Terms of Use for League of Legends. You reading this? Now look [here](https://prnt.sc/iejc4p). This is Riot telling you that they can terminate your account if you violate the Terms of Use. And then Riot telling you in the Code of Conduct section that you may NOT troll, flame, threaten or harass. It's clearly stated for all to see, and the Terms of Use will NEVER change at least for the most part. You agreed to follow the Terms of Use, and you agreed to follow the Summoner's Code by both signing up, clicking the disclosure that you have read them (though we all know most don't since they tend to be the same) and playing the game. Everything you do in relation to the game is AGREEING to these terms and the Code. Instead of crying for something that will create a more toxic community and never happen, maybe reread [this](https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/legal/termsofuse). {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}} Or another solution if you don't agree with the terms or the code. Maybe. Oh, I don't know. Not play? _**NOW!**_ To address the other things you said. There are always going to be crappy people in this game. There are always going to be people who try to play the game to chill out from the day, but maybe they're having a bad game, or their team is feeding their asses off, and that sucks! I empathise with the people who just want to play a chill game and not care but get stuck with stressing. I am one of those people myself! I counter you with this. If you can't hold your tongue because you had a bad day, or your game is going bad for whatever reason, or whatever reason it is that you decide flaming is the right choice, maybe you should be playing something else and not League. Thing is, I think with a lot of flamers, or people who maybe lose it after a bad day, the issue is control. And League... doesn't offer much of that considering it's... you know. A team game. There's 10 people in your game, and you can only control one. You. So when things go wrong that isn't due to your input sometimes (there are occasions one could do something, but I'm speaking in general), you get mad. You feel like you have no control. You just want your team to do the **_right_** thing and play well. But that doesn't always happen. Being snippy is okay from time to time if you're getting frustrated. I've had snippy players before, and I tend to just mute them because there's no point fighting with someone snippy (they're usually just frustrated and aren't meaning harm by getting annoyed, they just need to vent). BUT. There is harm in telling someone to kill themselves, berating them, putting them down, and calling them slurs. The harm comes in different ways. First off, you don't know the people that are being insulted. Those people can range from hard-skinned to sensitive. And NO, sensitive people should not have to quit playing because they take insults more personally than others. That is called VICTIM BLAMING and it is unfair (so many people always counter that with this so, I'm putting my foot down). Harm also arises that if this behaviour ISN'T punished, the behaviour becomes normalised and then people start to think it's okay to say "Kill yourself" at others, or use slurs. These things are not okay, especially with strangers. My point here is that being snippy, frustrated and annoyed is a bad day. It's one occasion where you've not being feeling great and you're just not in mood to deal with a player feeding, flaming or being a total idiot. Telling someone to kill themselves, using slurs and berating someone is none of that. That's flaming. That's offensive. And that's toxic and not welcome in this community. _**My proof that having bad days doesn't get you banned?**_ Myself and my friends. I've had bad days AND I've snapped at teammates and said the occasional rude thing. I've said things such as "shut up", "you suck", and so forth. Those kind of things. I've argued with people who flame me first and I argue back. Called them stupid, and so forth. Swore at them occasionally if I'm in a particularly bad mood. My friends are the same. But I have never felt the need to use slurs or say anything that would be called offensive. Maybe flaming, but I feel this community sometimes mis-understands the true nature of flaming, and I feel flaming is offensive behaviour that is intended to hurt someone. Most of what I lash out with is passive-aggressive at most. I've never once had a ban. Completely ban-free. So. With that said. Perhaps you may understand why I feel no sympathy for you. Why most people have no sympathy for you or anyone who gets perma-banned. Most flamers have multiple chances to prove themselves at being better, and the ones who get perma-banned? They **deserve** it. They didn't learn their lesson. They had their chances, and they chose not to take them. That's not Riot's fault. It's theirs.
Rioter Comments
: Are we nerfing Zoe?
Paddlestar is already nerfed to start the cooldown AFTER you cast the redirect, not before so one point is already wrong. (Patch notes) About the lane wave AoE, this is to excel her at her ability to potentially roam. Her wave clear isn't as insane as some champions and in the early game, it's SUPER costly to keep spamming those Qs. Honestly, before Zoe's bubble gets nerfed again, the bugs need fixed. I've reported that her bubble is currently bugged already, but essentially her bubble has a TERRIBLE habit of not hitting targets or alternatively... hitting targets it shouldn't. Both are serious issues right now.
Bursasaw (EUW)
: Bans are messed up
It's currently a known bug I believe, and Riot are attempting to fix it.
: I'm noticing alot of boosted plat players
Plat players are just as guilty as having bad games as any other player in the game. A plat player has perhaps struggled their way to plat, so if they're having a bad day, learning something new, so forth, it does mean they could be playing at as low as a silver rank that day. It's all based on their mood, what they're trying to do, and also their unranked MMR. Reminder that ranked and unranked MMR are separate! I'm only Silver (mostly due to not dedicating enough time to ranked, but even then I think at most I could reach Gold 5), but there's something I notice. Platinum can be achieved based on pure micro. If you're skilled enough with a champion, you can get to platinum based on your micro. But it's going through and above Platinum that most seem to start needing to learn macro more. Macro is what you're criticising here, and honestly, you might be right. There's a lot of reasons. In any division, there's always going to be boosted players, mostly starting with Gold. If you TRULY think one is boosting, report them, and they'll be marked for revision if there's consistent reports.
: i got banned
Might want to consider chat logs too. There's a REASON you got banned, and you won't get ANY sympathy from people here. You had chances, and if it was a perma-ban then it's not as simple as getting "a bit mad".
: Special modes (OFA, URF)
1. Please bear in mind that Riot is currently balancing a LOT of things. They have on-going reworks, new champions, as well as OTHER features we've all been asking for on the client. It'll come. Riot is aware people want it, but it's not as easy as it sounds. 2. Riot have said they don't understand the reason themselves. They're looking at the statistics. They're working based off the statistics and trying to still give us URF, but not the original URF so they don't lose long-term players. You might say people keep asking for it, but is that not because you're ONLY seeing the people who ask for it? You have a skewed view-point, considering the players who don't care about URF (myself included) aren't inclined to speak-up. 3. Actually, heavily agree with this. Little sick of Ascension coming off one week, and then being back the very next week. That's not how rotating game modes work .3. 4. You ask why modes aren't permanently enabled. Right, do you remember Dominion? It was wildly popular upon it's first release, but the longer it was out, the more unpopular it got. The RGMs are the same. People would get BORED. It might net some popularity for a bit, but with so many game modes always active, you'll slowly notice that people just... won't care anymore. There's a reason they're restricted in how long they're up and it's because the game and its meta isn't balanced for the game modes, and people would get sick of it. I know I only ever play a couple of games of each game mode, IF THAT. 5. What you're lacking is the reward in the post-game. You're wanting the satisfaction of getting a reward each time you play. If you use shards to unlock your champions, it's significantly cheaper to get them, however I do understand that feeling of just wanting some kind of reward for playing - specifically aimed at the people who only get to play 1 or 2 games a day. 6. That stands up to the RGM as far as I know, and you'll need an official Riot answer.
: "You abandoned a game"
Even if the problem isn't on your end, you should still be notifying Riot Games, unless you WANT it to keep happening.
Evile Theif (EUNE)
: Your banning system is cruel
The ban system in place is actually fairly lenient for one-off AFKing due to things like this. The leaverbuster is already lenient enough, and the 20 minute wait time over five games suggests you were already past the point of leniency. Instead of going AFK constantly, maybe you should leave the AFKing for the emergencies like the one you mention in your post?
Reliaxwel2 (EUNE)
: Welcome to League of Legends 100%true
A lot of people have pointed out 1 and 2 so I'd like to take a moment to think about 3. **_Releasing New Champions_** Something that has kept League alive is the consistent, expected released of new champions. Every season, we expect roughly 5 new champions! Of course Riot is slowly toning down this number, choosing to focus on reworks over new champions as they believe they need to slow down new additions to their roster (this has been officially stated, but they've never stated many specifics to my knowledge). Let's go on a journey. Statistics are taken from euw.op.gg, and may vary depending on website, rank and server, but even so, most servers should remain roughly the same. **_2017_** In my opinion, a VERY successful year. Every champion released has been well-loved by many, and seems like they will have a solid life. _Rakan (5% Pick Rate, 14th out of 34)_ - A well-loved support now, that even I have picked up. He settles in nicely with Thresh in being the second person with a unique range classification. I suspected upon realise he would be picked up by the pros, and I was proven right. He offers a lot of tools similar to other supports, but a unique character and play-style to it. _Xayah (8.59% Pick Rate, 8th out of 17)_ - Considering the pathetic amount of ADCs we have, and how similar their playstyles can be, Xayah was something old as well as something new. She's nothing special, don't get me wrong, but her release alongside Rakan, as well as the benefits of playing them together, as well as Xayah being a new ADC with new mechanics makes her a desirable choice! _Kayn (8.54% Pick Rate, 7th out of 38)_ - Again! Whole new mechanics! Going through walls! Changing forms! Although I'm said that Kayn does not have sweeping auto attacks like his scythe wielding suggests he could have had, Kayn quickly proved to be well-loved. He's one of the top junglers to my knowledge right now in the right hands. _Ornn (9.62% Pick Rate, 1st out of 54)_ - Hardly can be called new as the hype surrounding him has settled down. His play-rate is likely to drop soon, but he will likely remain a well-loved pick. Before Ornn, we received Rakan, Xayah and Kayn. Something in common about these three releases are they're all kind of... moody teenagers/young-adults. Ornn, however, is this grumpy old forge god who has no time for your tomfoolery! His release was perfectly aligned with the other three, and he has found much love among tank players as a new way to play a tank. _Zoe (6.98% Pick Rate, 9th out of 46)_ - I shall mostly be ignoring Zoe's stats, considering her status as a hyped champion is still in effect, as well as being over-feared and considered OP in all the wrong ways, as well as lack of understanding. But again, my point about Ornn stands to Zoe. We had all serious champions this year, talking about murder, or just being grumpy (Ornn). Zoe counters all that, and is... well... she would fit alongside the Disney Princesses honestly. Even after her hype starts going down (likely once the new season starts approaching), you can bet her pick rate will remain high. She's as much fun as Fizz, Zed, Yasuo and many of these champions, thanks to the satisfactions one gets from pulling off a successful combination. **_My conclusion here is that Riot just released 5 amazing champs this year, and I doubt their play-rates are going to fall any time soon. 2016 had some mediocre champion releases (mostly looking at Ivern), but it's the new champions that help the game remain fresh and well-loved. I would much prefer more focus on reworks at the current point in time, and putting new champions as a secondary instead. Reworks don't get the same attention, but it does bring loved favourites back into favour with modernisation changes._**
: Writing k-y-s (without "-") in chat and getting banned for 14d without recent restrictions
Riot themselves have come out and said that a little 'bm-ing' is fine, but you were doing FAR from anything of that sort. It's automated to some degree to pick up on the people who try to abuse the system. That being said, I would like the old Tribunal said, but your accounts got what they deserved, and you should not even defend the use of that phrase. EDIT: Properly saw your edit, and it doesn't matter if you're joking, maybe you should take your jokes to somewhere OUTSIDE of League's influence in that case. It's banned by automation, and it will remain that way, accept it. As for the trolls and so forth, that's harder to detect than chat.
: buff plz
No buff please (he wrecks havoc at low ranks already), but a mini-rework to bring some more life into his kit might go a long way into bringing him into Season 8 of League as well as being more viable at higher ranks.
: How would that be different than playing as described in the OP? Whether you leave your adc to 1v2 (At least then the adc gets the cs) or play in a manor that essentially starves your adc, is the same thing, or at least it is in my eyes considering the strict role selection.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkcorona,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=qmch4JVd,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2017-12-21T22:28:39.409+0000) > > How would that be different than playing as described in the OP? > > Whether you leave your adc to 1v2 (At least then the adc gets the cs) or play in a manor that essentially starves your adc, is the same thing, or at least it is in my eyes considering the strict role selection. My other comment in this thread states this extent thing saying that a support taking CS on purpose is considered griefing as it puts the ADC at a disadvantage. I was simply replying directly to the point questioned upon in reply I responded to.
: What exactly are PROJECT champions?
Bearing in mind a lot of the skins are essentially alternate timelines. The Project skins are divided as factions. Ashe is a lot more human than machine, but we see Jhin is _literally_ a small machine attached to a fake body (watch his backing animation). The Project skins all have their own lore and factions between them. I believe they're on a varying scale of **human with external upgrades** to **augmented human** to **cyborgs** to **androids**. It's more a scale than clear classifications though.
Padoµch (EUNE)
: Shields and spells
Morgana's shield DOES block Zoe's E, but only the first part. If you shield AFTER it's hit, well, too bad.
Nokitoo66 (EUNE)
: Permanent ban
You either need to wait for an answer from Riot Support, or check your e-mail. When bans go through, your e-mail receives the details usually. You should have been given an explanation. Bans don't go through without a given reason.
Smerk (EUW)
: Real reason why Zoe is free win for her team
http://champion.gg/champion/Zoe/Middle http://euw.op.gg/champion/zoe/statistics/mid Ah yes, free win, with a below 50% win rate {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}}
: Considering Smite Singed have been a legit reason to hand out bans, it should be considered in the same sphere and thus subject to a ban. The whole point of having set roles is that people actually play those roles (With in reason), and playing in the manor you describe is as far from the role as it can get. I'd actually be very surprised if Riot didn't instantly ban a player doing this, when they made a rather big deal out of the Smite Singed incident.
> [{quoted}](name=Darkcorona,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=qmch4JVd,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2017-12-21T19:33:35.233+0000) > > Considering Smite Singed have been a legit reason to hand out bans, it should be considered in the same sphere and thus subject to a ban. > > The whole point of having set roles is that people actually play those roles (With in reason), and playing in the manor you describe is as far from the role as it can get. > I'd actually be very surprised if Riot didn't instantly ban a player doing this, when they made a rather big deal out of the Smite Singed incident. You're missing the part where Singed Smite Support was doing this over heaps of games and would frequently abandon his ADC to invade the enemy jungle. While roaming is part of being a support, the Singed left his ADC to go 1v2 without explaining what he was doing.
: Reporting "Supports"
Currently Ezreal Support is occasionally a thing, and it's been pointed out that you can't report someone for their champion. That stands to be true. But if they're griefing you, taking CS clearly on purpose (I specifically say 'clearly'), and basically playing how someone would play Ezreal in the ADC, Mid or Jungle role, then well. It's griefing. Take the time to write out what the issue is when you report it either, but try not get mad about them. Items aren't a factor in this either, considering we have Lux, Veigar and Vel'Koz support who all build pretty much full AP. What matters is the fact that if one doesn't take a support item AND proceeds to take CS on purpose.
: How many games played? Against players or bots?
> [{quoted}](name=Stahlvormund,realm=EUW,application-id=yTagKVTg,discussion-id=eBZyNEwc,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-12-20T10:12:20.037+0000) > > How many games played? Against players or bots? Players definitely, but I don't know how many games. Enough to have gotten me Mastery 5 Teemo though.
Rioter Comments
Eambo (EUW)
: What did you learn from your Year in Review? Who's your Rival?
What did I learn? https://prnt.sc/hpx8f2 https://prnt.sc/hpx8q4 I learnt that I must hate ADCs. But that's probably the Support main in me {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
kmph2mps (EUNE)
: Is playing out of meta champs a banable offence now?
Off-meta picks in of themselves are not bannable. I know a lot of people have brought up the Singed Support, and it's been pointed out that it's not his pick that got him banned - rather the playstyle. In all honesty, the Singed shouldn't have been playing in this manner without a duo ADC who was aware of his actions. I say duo ADC, because it didn't matter what the rest of the team was thinking really. What mattered was the ADC who is going to be heavily affected by this playstyle. The reason I say this is because my friend and I have done Support Cho'Gath with smite, with the same intentions as the Singed Support (I played ADC, typically Jinx). We didn't do it in ranked, so you can say there was nothing to lose, and we didn't repeat it a bunch, but the fact that we were premade DID make all the difference. Currently we're seeing so many different picks that the meta is still not fully defined. Heck, we just had Morgana jungle. So much so that she earned herself a Jungle tab on champion.gg!! The only lane where I feel off-meta that breaks how lanes normally play should be played premade or agreed upon is the bot lane. An ADC and Support compliment each other in the bot lane, while Top, Mid and Jungle play solo, so their unique playstyles won't heavily effect laning phase. So as long as you're fulfilling your role, and doing your best to win (without tilting your teammates off the face of the Earth), you'd be fine! The example you bring up is {{champion:12}} , so here's what I recommend. You can build him AP! But also consider what your team needs. Need a tank? Go tanky. Just need more damage soak-up? You can get away with just off-tank. Also, building him AD is also possible I believe? You'd have to look up a guide on that front. I think if you're going off-meta Alistar, he still does best being off-tank and in the thick of it.
: Can you sort players into regions of Runeterra?
I really like this idea! I think it might be an idea for Riot to perhaps even give us Noxus VS Demacia missions perhaps! You know how we had the Riven and Yasuo ones? We also have had Naughty and Nice for this Snowdown. I think it'd have to be a case of LETTING players choose which region they'd like to represent of course. But an event involving them would be super nice. ~~I don't even know what I'd support, I have champions I love from lots of regions~~
: Viewing games from a year ago
The official league website match history goes back that far, but if you play a bunch of games, you'll have to scroll
: Assassins
Depends also what playstyle you like!
: Evelynn Q Idea
The second part of the hate spikes does pitiful damage if she misses her first part so uh. No thank you.
ChillPill91 (EUNE)
: Has anyone been getting worse teams than usual recently?
Have to agree, I've been having a lot more flamers recently. Played something like 4 games at the end of last night on my alt, and got flamed in 3 of those. Fun games!
Pyrosen (EUW)
: You should play Sejuani, she's very good higher elo, easy to pick up and very useful! Tank jungler's are always the easier to play, Vi is also very fun because of the ultimate and she's quite easy, start w if you're going to play her ^^ Gl lad
> [{quoted}](name=Pyrosen,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=NkB14wWH,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-12-18T04:43:43.289+0000) > > You should play Sejuani, she's very good higher elo, easy to pick up and very useful! > Tank jungler's are always the easier to play, Vi is also very fun because of the ultimate and she's quite easy, start w if you're going to play her ^^ > > Gl lad Oh god, you mentioned Vi, and I remember playing her in the jungle way back. Before I went on like. A 3 Season break, and of course the game changed hugely by then.
Vsec Exile (EUNE)
: I'll list each type with runes and my usual 8 minute build path later. Right now at work so don't have enough time.
> [{quoted}](name=Vsec Exile,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=NkB14wWH,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2017-12-18T10:16:05.546+0000) > > I&#x27;ll list each type with runes and my usual 8 minute build path later. Right now at work so don&#x27;t have enough time. {{sticker:sg-kiko}} Thank you! <3 I'm gonna try get some practice in today, and maybe try something easier (like a tank or something).
: The most important things to learning jungle are time and enjoyment. Other people already gave you some good advice here, so I won't echo their words, but these two are something you must have in order to learn to jungle. You need time to learn all the ins and outs, and you need to be having fun in order to keep queuing up for jungle. The rest will fall into place on its own.
> [{quoted}](name=Legendsofthedark,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=NkB14wWH,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-12-18T09:47:01.338+0000) > > The most important things to learning jungle are time and enjoyment. Other people already gave you some good advice here, so I won&#x27;t echo their words, but these two are something you must have in order to learn to jungle. > You need time to learn all the ins and outs, and you need to be having fun in order to keep queuing up for jungle. The rest will fall into place on its own. Well, I got plenty of time, lol. I think I'd find jungle a lot more fun once I know what I'm doing honestly. Currently, as mentioned, I am a Support Main, but as it stands, I'm finding my impact pretty... pathetic in games. I've been a Support Main since returning to the game after many years of a break, and I've fallen into the trap of not knowing how to play a lane properly anymore, and usually being hard pressured and useless in lanes, unable to do anything even if I have a lead. Right now, I get nervous in any position besides Support, because while in theory I know how each role works, I have no practice or experience ;3; I also know that's something that comes with time, but sometimes a little advice to push me in the right direction helps.
: Thanks for all the tips I have not really played ranked to climb I probably played 20 games I think but season 8 I wanna improve and climb and this is something I really stumbled upon so thanks for this useful info I will definitely practice this and use this
> [{quoted}](name=TrickyHunterr,realm=EUW,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=6FsQ1yeM,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-12-18T09:56:48.621+0000) > > Thanks for all the tips I have not really played ranked to climb I probably played 20 games I think but season 8 I wanna improve and climb and this is something I really stumbled upon so thanks for this useful info I will definitely practice this and use this Np <3 Others might have some good advice, like one of the others mentioning to just try survive over risking your life for farm. I'm not a very high rank, but those things tend to be applicable in most cases, and you'll find once practising it a bit that experience will eventually take over. Just try not go on auto-pilot (I still have that problem).
: I don't feel like I can win anymore :l
God, I feel that. My friend and I went on a whooping 8 game loss streak! It wasn't that we were playing bad every game (okay, we were towards the 6th-8th games), but it was hard to carry or do anything! Loss streaks suck. Sometimes it's worth it to jump into a different role, different champ, or even just play in an ARAM or something (if ARAMs are your thing, I know some people hate them). You'll get there eventually! My friend and I have!
WõOxer (EUW)
: I still havent seen some one banned for trolling, this system seem to be focused only for chat, I had several people who ran down mid and I followed their account via euw.gg etc, they still playing and succesfuly inting.
> [{quoted}](name=WõOxer,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=EF9XKQEA,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-12-16T16:38:14.970+0000) > > I still havent seen some one banned for trolling, this system seem to be focused only for chat, I had several people who ran down mid and I followed their account via euw.gg etc, they still playing and succesfuly inting. It's harder for the system to detect these players unfortunately. I believe these sometimes happen in waves instead, or alternatively, if you can send in video evidence with a ticket, you may have more luck. I have yet to actually have a true troll in my game though.
dad left me (EUNE)
: Trolling premade in my team, the system decides to ban me.
As mentioned already, but the use of a homophobic slur is pretty much an instant ban (and for good reason). You have NO reason to use that word. On top of that, you report call SEVEN times. SEVEN TIMES IN ONE GAME! Which would count as harassment too. Not that it matters because had you just left it at the homophobic slur, you still would have been banned anyway. If you use offensive language, then prepare to face the ban for it.
Solande (EUW)
: Help me reform
1. You report called four times over two games. Instead of report calling, just report them yourself. It only takes one report from a game for the report system to check it. If it's valid, you count one game of evidence against them, done. No need to have x9 report them. 2. You directly blamed someone, which also appears to be harassment quite possibly as you don't quit talking. 3. Proceeded to call people idiots. 4. Said 'gg' early on, which considering the attitude of these chat logs, would count as giving up. The biggest thing here is you are guilty of harassing your teammates and spending too much time typing than playing.
skull009 (EUW)
: Mobile app
The assets that league use in spectating games would be too powerful for phones. It's not the same as streaming or watching a youtube video where it's compressed. When you spectate in League, you're loading the assets of that games, which is what allows you to control the camera round the map. There's probably more specifics here that someone who understands technology better than I do can, but while it'd be nice... Your phone doesn't have the ability to have those assets downloaded.
Rabbitooo (EUW)
: Sync Que to the League of Legends app
Excuse me, yes please. Some more interaction with the app might be nice since queue timers for some things can be soooooo long. {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
BlastRoyer (EUNE)
: now it gave me ban fu.ck riot games: http://prntscr.com/ea94gp Why did they give me a ban on it that i'm trying to play???????????????
> [{quoted}](name=BlastRoyer,realm=EUNE,application-id=ETj6EdvQ,discussion-id=KOBJ1EXx,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2017-02-18T09:51:13.975+0000) > > now it gave me ban fu.ck riot games: > http://prntscr.com/ea94gp > > Why did they give me a ban on it that i&#x27;m trying to play??????????????? That's the Leaver Buster that kicks in EVERY TIME you dodge a game. You just have to deal with it. Just lock in next time and deal with it.
Possible (EUW)
: I'm aware of perfect imbalance but still some changes are so dumb that it just makes you question if Riot employees actually have braincells Edit: I think Riot is doing a good job balancing the game but every now and then they just make dumb choices
> [{quoted}](name=Possible,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=fNWULwzt,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-08-13T11:33:33.772+0000) > > I&#x27;m aware of perfect imbalance but still some changes are so dumb that it just makes you question if Riot employees actually have braincells > > Edit: I think Riot is doing a good job balancing the game but every now and then they just make dumb choices ^^^^^^^ Where is the place where I can put that Edit in a frame please. {{sticker:sg-jinx}}
: The Problem WIth Riot in League of Legends
More, this is a game where if you're playing solo, you're paired with 4 other people and expected to work with these 4 strangers to win a game. 4 other people! Now, this wouldn't be an issue, but these 5 people (one being yourself) will all have differing opinions about how things should go. You're going to have opposing ideas of how to win, who is carrying and who is feeding, which objectives are worth it, so forth. Sometimes this causes conflict, for example should we push or baron after a team wipe, but the first enemy is up in 10 seconds. Some will say the former, others the latter. Having 4 strangers on your team often leads to people blaming one of them for their deaths (I am guilty of this, albeit guilty of it just internally, I have never directly blamed someone). You have 5 people making mistakes, because all 5 people on one team are human. And once one starts, usually another follows, until the whole team is flaming and arguing instead of playing. Is this all Riot's fault? No, no it is not. A competitive game where you have to rely on the four other members of your team to help you win the game will always have its toxic people. It doesn't matter if Riot's ban system was god-like. People would still be toxic because there will ALWAYS be those jerks in games that flame, troll, int, and so forth. Riot is definitely trying, it's why the Honour system was introduced. While you have "fake" niceness in some games, I'd rather have someone be "fake" nice to me in-game than tell me to kill myself all because I died to a gank or whatever once. It's a step in the right direction, although I still wish more could be done for banning trolls. At the end of the day, we, as a community of this game, have to also try. Also. So. You call Riot out for catering to these "so-called" snowflakes, but I'd like to see where catering to snowflakes is happening. It's against Riot's rules to harass, grief, insult, use offensive language, etc. This isn't protecting snowflakes. That's Riot telling you they don't accept that behaviour. That's them protecting their player-base, NOT protecting snowflakes.
: Playing when behind
Playing from behind is a skill you learn from experience and as you play. Unfortunately you'll find LOTS of players don't get this. ~~Looking at you 1/5/1 Tristana who wants to fight a 7/1/1 Draven~~ In general, if you're still in lane phase, just farm out. Don't push to the enemy turret, don't make risky plays. Ward your flanks, and if possible, wait for a gank. This is where people go wrong already. The number of times I've told someone to play safe, and they push to the enemy turret... and then blame the team and jungler for their death when they pushed into a position to be ganked... SIGHS Besides the point. Don't be that guy is what I'm saying. Yes, you let the enemy laner dictate the lane, but at that point, if they have a lead, it's sometimes all you can do. Now, is the enemy laner (or jungler) someone strong enough to dive you? Yes? You want to play even safer than normal, and be aware of the positions you can be dove from. On both side lanes, they have tri-bushes. Either ward them or deeper into the jungle to avoid a dive-gank. As for mid well... I'll be honest and say I don't know the best spots to ward. Basically you want to be as safe as possible so you can't be put any further behind. Getting out of lane phase, sometimes you can afford to take the jungler's camps. Also, a fun tip for when you're behind. It's not always a bad thing to lose your tier 1 turret if it's going to die anyway. Sometimes it's better to lose it earlier than later so you can farm more safely from behind. Just don't give away first turret blood. Say you're in top lane, and you're being pressured hard the entire early game. First turret blood is gone, and you're now playing around drake. If two or so enemies are going to try take tier 1 turret in top, it's sometimes worth giving it up to go for an important drake (preferably Infernal or Mountain but Cloud can be good for certain champions and Ocean is just good for sieging). See. The reason this makes farming safer is because, naturally it's closer to your base, and has a shorter distance to other lanes, as well as to the Inhibs. Sometimes playing from behind means heavily relying on your team, which sometimes they can't do. Unfortunately I don't have much advice for if when a whole team is behind. That one depends on your team comp. If you have a full late game team, then turtle up, and get fed through minions. If you have an early game team, you're going to have to make the smart picks, and win fights through picks, numbers and hopefully ending the game before they out-scale you too hard. I'm probably missing things, but these are the things I've learnt. Unfortunately you're going to find this community doesn't know what a comeback is. EDIT: Forgot to say, don't willingly give up your Tier 1 turret if you can save it and your team can't get anything from it going down. If your team is in a good position for taking an objective, try make the turret a distraction, so at least your trading. Don't give it up for free if you don't have to. But also don't die for it.
Valter (EUW)
: The new runes
First of all, it's preseason and everything is up in the air right now. I agree that bot lane is STILL throwing around too much damage. I've been finding it near impossible to play the likes of heal/shield supports because every single ADC just goes through the heal or shield like I didn't do it. Specifically still looking at you PTA, even with your nerf. DH is strong, but only once farmed up. Anyone who destroys with this keystone in the early game would have STILL destroyed you with another keystone. The thing about DH is that it's a snowball rune. If you let it roll, it will goddamn roll. Adjust, adapt, learn. Most of the champions OP right now were always OP feeling (Zed, Yasuo, Draven, Fizz, Vayne, I hate you all but enough about my petty grudges). The new runes are still being tweaked, as are the champions now in accordance to the runes. While the runes were on the PBE, due to the lag, and low percentage of the community who actually play consistently on the PBE as well as poor matchmaking (due to the smaller PBE community), the runes have clearly not been perfected, but that's what Preseason is for.
: > [{quoted}](name=Bugaboo,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=UJ95ExL4,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-18T03:26:00.619+0000) > > Just mute them. Don&#x27;t let yourself give in to them. Mute and report, and they&#x27;ll get what they deserve. You got to your rank and you should be proud, but it shouldn&#x27;t hold you hostage. People will be stupid no matter what state the game is in :&#x27;) > {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} Just show them who the real god is. That&#x27;s you btw. thank you ^_^ you made my day
> [{quoted}](name=Pràise The Sun,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=UJ95ExL4,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-12-18T04:04:58.427+0000) > > thank you ^_^ you made my day <3 Glad it made your day! {{sticker:sg-ezreal}} ~~What do you mean I like the SG stickers too much~~
: will it ever end ?
Just mute them. Don't let yourself give in to them. Mute and report, and they'll get what they deserve. You got to your rank and you should be proud, but it shouldn't hold you hostage. People will be stupid no matter what state the game is in :') {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}} Just show them who the real god is. That's you btw.
: morgspellshield doesnt work against zoe e :d
> [{quoted}](name=BreakYourHeadxD,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=cpljav1I,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-12-17T22:57:45.621+0000) > > morgspellshield doesnt work against zoe e :d It does if it blocks the first part, but if someone is already Drowsy, then they sleep.
: Instant 14-day ban for defending myself?
Telling someone to kill themselves, no matter the intent is an instant 14-day ban. There's NO excuse for ever telling someone to do that. It's your own fault and you deserved this. If you call that a "misstep" you are sorely mistaken. Take the ban, and be glad it's not a perma.
Show more

Bugaboo

Level 123 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion