: So you did end up getting it back?
> [{quoted}](name=GSMysteryGift,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=PHod2QeT,comment-id=000d0000,timestamp=2017-07-29T23:45:49.721+0000) > > So you did end up getting it back? Hell no. They gave me a freaking automated response. Why should they care whether their system is messed up? It's not like I can prove I didn't script, because I suck. If I had a diamond account and got up to diamond again in a week, then maybe they'd be convinced without triggering their scripting system, then maybe. But I was silver IV, but I had tons of expensive skins. And they don't give a shit because it's not coming out of their paycheck. Just saying, I'm not paying a dime more for this game after the treatment they gave me.
: My main account got banned for "use of malicious 3rd-party programs"???
I thought I was the only one! :( This account is my season 1 account, my first. I'd never script on it ever, but Riot somehow thinks I scripted.
: Counter question: In what world is YOUR internet connection, to which neither Riot, nor any of your teammates or opponents have access not YOUR problem, and YOURs alone? >the rest of my internet works fine I let you in on a little secret: That sentence, if you did neither a tracert, nor even bothered to try and ping the servers, is meaningless.
> [{quoted}](name=franticFurball,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=ahy5UX9e,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-07-28T15:57:22.691+0000) > > Counter question: > > In what world is YOUR internet connection, to which neither Riot, nor any of your teammates or opponents have access not YOUR problem, and YOURs alone? > > I let you in on a little secret: > That sentence, if you did neither a tracert, nor even bothered to try and ping the servers, is meaningless. I'll let you in on a more secret secret: You come into my thread knowing nothing about anything other than what I tell you, and you still claim to know the opposite is true. That my friend is what they call "megalomania".
Capn Evan (EUW)
: In which world Riot?
Nope, the game lasted 24 minutes and my team surrundered before I got back. I kept trying to get back in the whole time. Well I dc'ed at around 18 minutes
Rioter Comments
: Favourite role ... and why?
Jungle. I like outfarming the enemy jungler and scaling much harder as a Yi main.
: plz nerg garen right away
What you do against garen is you freeze the lane at your tower, and then outtrade him every time he gets in for cs. Every time he tries to trade with you, stand in your own minion wave so he pushes with his E. When the lane is all the way pushed up, you can use strong CC or dmg junglers to easily kill him. Remember, every 20 cs you deny him, you get a kill's advantage over him. It's obviously easier if you play something like teemo that can constantly poke him out of lane.
Metharius (EUW)
: Why do i find Kayn underwelming(gameplay)? when i was excited during the reveal...
Metharius (EUW)
: Why do i find Kayn underwelming(gameplay)? when i was excited during the reveal...
He's annoying, but he's so squishy and edible it's funny. He first pick Kayn top, I go riven, and when he ults me I flash into my own tower, stun him when he gets out of the ult, and then kill him easily.
Capn Evan (EUW)
: [Suggestion] /¤\ Designated shotcaller /¤\
To all above: The "purpose" of this suggestion isn't to force players to do anything. It's to give them tools to reach new heights. Lets compare it to drake. One team ignores drake all game, while the other team takes the drake the moment it's up. Drake is a tool to succeed. Do you have to take drake? Is it good to take drake whenever it's up? Not always. Similarly, giving someone a tool that rewards players who utilize it well, isn't hazardous in any way. Placing a dragon on the map that can bait in your entire team in the wrong time is equally bad. Should dragon never have been implemented either? Yes, making calls can be done by anyone at any time. However, when two people make conflicting calls, that often leads to splitting of team and the end of any coherent teamwork. A designated shotcaller is simply a catalyst for coherent teamwork, nothing less, nothing more. If people mute the shotcaller, that's their problem. Maybe it helps them, maybe it doesn't. Maybe the enemy team doesn't mute the shotcaller, and they win because of it. People who just mute other people for no reason, deserve to be stomped by an organized enemy team.
: Good idea, hard to execute, people would mostly just mute the shotcallers.
> [{quoted}](name=RaykanGhost,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=fvblk840,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-07-11T01:39:11.119+0000) > > Good idea, hard to execute, people would mostly just mute the shotcallers. If they do, the enemy team has a much higher chance of winning if they don't mute the shotcaller, so people like that will end up with a low rating, more so than before when nobody makes calls, so muting doesn't matter.
Zantonny (EUW)
: Not sure it would be useful. Pings are already muted automatically by most players and I doubt many people will listen to anyone just because they're designated it. Although it's a nice sentiment and you're clearly a good members of the community, I can not see anything like this making a difference or having any impact. The Champ select badge would be the best bit and nothing else would be relevant.
> [{quoted}](name=Zantonny,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=fvblk840,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-07-11T01:29:11.098+0000) > > Not sure it would be useful. Pings are already muted automatically by most players and I doubt many people will listen to anyone just because they're designated it. Although it's a nice sentiment and you're clearly a good members of the community, I can not see anything like this making a difference or having any impact. The Champ select badge would be the best bit and nothing else would be relevant. Okay, but you didn't really make any argument against it. No, most players don't automatically mute pings. Some people do. And who says that can't change when they see that someone is a designated shotcaller? There's a lot of pessimistic approaches to everything that can change the game for the better on these forums, and I don't understand why. Do people want the game to suck? To die out because of toxicity and non-compliance? If you don't, why don't you come up with an alternative solution? Because we need something.
Farce (EUNE)
: Well, I might have worded myself incorrectly. Even if you assigned all pings to one button, it will still be a major hassle to handle. No matter what controls you're using, it will still be technically adding 10 abilities for a person to use. It'd be almost impossible to keep competitive on lane while having your mouse hover all over the screen pinging people what to do. About the shotcaller thing itself - it makes sense. But it would be very hard to implement into the game without any major issues. It's a role present in pro play simply because they have the access to voice chat and have been working together for a long time - so most issues have been sorted out before matches and they can pretty much communicate using single catchphrases. You won't achieve that grade of collaboration on soloQ, making shotcaller more of a burden than actual help.
> [{quoted}](name=Spirit Crush,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=qEFHuEel,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-07-11T00:37:28.349+0000) > > Well, I might have worded myself incorrectly. Even if you assigned all pings to one button, it will still be a major hassle to handle. No matter what controls you're using, it will still be technically adding 10 abilities for a person to use. It'd be almost impossible to keep competitive on lane while having your mouse hover all over the screen pinging people what to do. > > About the shotcaller thing itself - it makes sense. But it would be very hard to implement into the game without any major issues. It's a role present in pro play simply because they have the access to voice chat and have been working together for a long time - so most issues have been sorted out before matches and they can pretty much communicate using single catchphrases. You won't achieve that grade of collaboration on soloQ, making shotcaller more of a burden than actual help. Well, it's not impossible. It's a skill. A skill with real value in learning. A shotcaller is like a blitzcrank. All you need is one good call. And it doesn't take long at all. Press H, select ping, left click. When people learn it, it will be easier than AP master yi. But as long as you agree to the underlying concept of it, I think we can come to an agreement. Do you have any alternatives that would make it easier?
Rioter Comments
Farce (EUNE)
: Adding 10 additional hotkeys just for one person? Well, this might be tricky all by itself. And that's not mentioning there is no way you can force 4 other players to listen to you. Especially if you happened to make even one small mistake.
> [{quoted}](name=Spirit Crush,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=qEFHuEel,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-07-11T00:20:31.743+0000) > > Adding 10 additional hotkeys just for one person? Well, this might be tricky all by itself. And that's not mentioning there is no way you can force 4 other players to listen to you. Especially if you happened to make even one small mistake. I assume you didn't read the whole thing? The last couple of paragraphs deal with your concern. And there won't be 10 additional hotkeys. There will be one, default H. Please read the paragraph starting with "These options will be attached to a wheel..." I understand that you can't make people listen to you. However, people may yet realize that having a shotcaller helps them climb. Those who don't listen to their shotcaller will fall in ranking when up against people who do. So it will force people to listen if they want to climb, which is a very good thing.
Rioter Comments
Tantus (EUW)
: Goodbye League of Legends
You're my favorite summoner spell.
Capn Evan (EUW)
: Honor your support
With a community such as you, no wonder people hate playing support.
Rioter Comments
Mcgalakar (EUNE)
: Did just your idea went from: 'let us kick ppl who says mid or feed or something like this from champ select' (what is understandable, still questionable as you never can be sure that they will really feed) to 'kick people because I don't like their pick'? Terrible idea.
> [{quoted}](name=Mcgalakar,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=2iB7gp9E,comment-id=000000010002,timestamp=2017-07-07T22:09:03.377+0000) > > Did just your idea went from: 'let us kick ppl who says mid or feed or something like this from champ select' (what is understandable, still questionable as you never can be sure that they will really feed) to 'kick people because I don't like their pick'? Terrible idea. Nope.
Tarolock (EUW)
: why is there so much topics asking for this useless stuff? i rather play for 20 minutes with a troll but know that i can report him and he gets punished than sitting in queue for 30 mins because of the constant remakes because my adc doesnt like that i play veigar support (even tho i got s and s+ last 2 times i played him) if you dont give any punishment for trolls then they won, he can still troll the next champ select and ruin the mood for another set of players and you are just sitting in queue not playing
> [{quoted}](name=Tarolock,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=2iB7gp9E,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-07-07T08:37:22.315+0000) > > why is there so much topics asking for this useless stuff? i rather play for 20 minutes with a troll but know that i can report him and he gets punished than sitting in queue for 30 mins because of the constant remakes because my adc doesnt like that i play veigar support (even tho i got s and s+ last 2 times i played him) > > if you dont give any punishment for trolls then they won, he can still troll the next champ select and ruin the mood for another set of players and you are just sitting in queue not playing That makes sense, I didn't think of it that way, I agree.
Viavarian (EUW)
: While it can be used to combat trolls, as long as there is no punishment, cost or other consequence to be feared from remaking a game, people will just use abuse this to shut out off-meta picks.
> [{quoted}](name=Viavarian,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=2iB7gp9E,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-07-07T05:31:59.170+0000) > > While it can be used to combat trolls, as long as there is no punishment, cost or other consequence to be feared from remaking a game, people will just use abuse this to shut out off-meta picks. Well, as Riot themselves have stated many times, you must often communicate with your team to find the best solution for the team, not just the individual. Even if you want to play something unorthodox in ranked, that doesn't mean you get to ruin for 4 other people. If people hate your pick enough to remake for it (which only would happen in extreme circumstances like Zed support or something), they should be allowed to dodge for it. You will maybe get a new set of teammates that don't mind your strategy, and they will get someone who they are more comfortable playing with. Much of toxicity in the game comes from a feeling of being trapped with people you despise, maybe because of their pick, their playstyle or because they are straight up trolls. To reduce the chance of playing with people you despise, of course the best way is to add friendly players and queue with them. However, systems could also help contribute to the overall chance of a solo or group of friends finding other teammates they are comfortable playing with. And if they want to spend a lot of time in queue figuring out a good team comp, let them.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Capn Evan,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=QOgFU9QE,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-07-05T17:17:42.691+0000) > > Sure, it is disabled when you last hit. Except when you finish it, then it doesn't get disabled anymore. Plus you get 60 AP, +50% base mana regen, 10% cooldown reduction, not to mention a 2 gold per 10 seconds that isn't lost ever, even on the lower tier versions. > > The upgrade to tribute when you reach 650 gold with it is also very nice, especially on immobile casters such as Annie, Cassiopeia, Morgana etc, because it gives you the ability to reposition up to 3 times during a teamfight, and kite enemies much easier. > > And that's before even starting on the active, giving you vision of the two closest champions, and if used right, gives a 5 second slow on them. > > So what's the problem with it? As far as I can see, it is a heavily oversaturated item that gives you so much more than any other mage item can give you. Why don't people use it? Perhaps they want to buy it. Let them buy it if they want.
> [{quoted}](name=ÜFudginator,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=QOgFU9QE,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-07-06T17:17:26.929+0000) > > Perhaps they want to buy it. Let them buy it if they want. Who? I'm asking you whether you like it on midlaners or not :S
: If it works in Normals... Ranked isnt really different besides better Matchmaking.
> [{quoted}](name=Stahlvormund,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=QOgFU9QE,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-07-05T22:30:29.146+0000) > > If it works in Normals... Ranked isnt really different besides better Matchmaking. Working and viable are two very different things though. I wanted to come to the forums to see if anyone else felt the same way about Frost Queen's.
: I think if you arent confident enough to use it in ranked, what is the point in advertising it, seriously discussing its strenghts and weaknesses?
> [{quoted}](name=Stahlvormund,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=QOgFU9QE,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2017-07-05T18:40:45.186+0000) > > I think if you arent confident enough to use it in ranked, what is the point in advertising it, seriously discussing its strenghts and weaknesses? To see if others think it's viable to use in ranked?
: Ah, makes more sense now. But you dont pick it in Ranked? Can't find it in your match history.
> [{quoted}](name=Stahlvormund,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=QOgFU9QE,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2017-07-05T18:23:03.233+0000) > > Ah, makes more sense now. > But you dont pick it in Ranked? Can't find it in your match history. I'm not using it in ranked no. Also I'm mostly playing on my east smurf these days, so I can play with friends.
: Do you get Spellthiefs Edge as first item?
> [{quoted}](name=Stahlvormund,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=QOgFU9QE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-07-05T18:11:24.111+0000) > > Do you get Spellthiefs Edge as first item? Nah, that would ruin the point. I get doran's ring. Then I get lost chapter, Fiendish codex, as if I was buying morellonomicon, and then I save up 1350 gold for Frost Queen's. So my mana problems is taken care of with the lost chapter, so apart from an extra 40 AP (which costs 700 gold more by the way), I don't see how it's better with Morellonomicon.
Capn Evan (EUW)
: Can't figure out why people don't get Frostqueen's claim on midlaners anymore
Sure, it is a stronger item stat wise. But what about when you look at the fact that Frost Queen usually pays for itself in the long run? That it gives you more money than any other mage item could ever hope to do? That it could make you get Rabadon's faster, or even Morellonomicon. Not to mention the priceless upgrade to tribute that gives you a burst of movement speed? Or the priceless vision it gives you? Sure, grievous wound can be important, but in many cases, denying heal isn't everything. I'm talking a combination of so many bonuses that shores up weak points in immobile mages, gives you map control, gets you gold faster, and all for a slight nerf in stats.
archerno1 (EUNE)
: Cause mana regen was nerfed V6.1 Mana regeneration reduced to 100% from 150%. This first nerfed it V6.9 Base mana regeneration reduced to 75% from 100%. Then this gutted it V7.9 Base mana regeneration reduced to 50% from 75%. And this finished it off. It went from cheap mana regen to worthless for mid laners.
> [{quoted}](name=archerno1,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=QOgFU9QE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-07-05T17:22:17.291+0000) > > Cause mana regen was nerfed > > V6.1 > Mana regeneration reduced to 100% from 150%. > > This first nerfed it > > V6.9 > Base mana regeneration reduced to 75% from 100%. > > Then this gutted it > > V7.9 > > Base mana regeneration reduced to 50% from 75%. > > And this finished it off. It went from cheap mana regen to worthless for mid laners. But what about all the other stuff? Personally, I'd look into buying it even without the unnoticeable mana regen.
Rioter Comments
: What is the best way to carry a game as adc?
To be honest, put pressure on the map whenever you can, while always thinking about how you can farm while being safe from death. Putting pressure is the most important part. Having 3 lanes pushed out to beyond middle of each lane, means you have more vision, and more chance for the enemy to go to the other side of the map while you take objectives on your side. If enemy has minions on their side, and you don't have much vision, don't go botlane. Go midlane and help siege their tower. Chasing through jungle is the worst thing you can do in 99% of circumstances. There are situations where you can get a kill within 10 seconds, but if you can't, you just lost 10 seconds where you could've been shoving a lane, or setting up a dragon, or backing to buy vital items. Just don't do it. If your team does it, ping them back and tell them to put pressure on the lanes or take that drake. Remember, 3 far pushed lanes means a split up enemy team.
Rioter Comments
: What I would do is submit a support ticket, explain your situation and ask them what game files to send over, so they can tell you what the problem is. I've been in that position before, and it's always a good idea to find out what the problem is sooner rather than later.
> [{quoted}](name=Cobaltmotari,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=kf0yWb4e,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-06-21T16:10:02.842+0000) > > What I would do is submit a support ticket, explain your situation and ask them what game files to send over, so they can tell you what the problem is. I've been in that position before, and it's always a good idea to find out what the problem is sooner rather than later. Already did, waiting on response.
Rioter Comments
: R.I.P ADCs
{{champion:33}}
IkOerman (EUW)
: You seem to be forgetting constructive debate is something unwanted for Riot. It will make the community more powerfull. Forums are just a facade to make the community think they are being heard.
> [{quoted}](name=IkOerman,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=66JA8uPH,comment-id=0028,timestamp=2016-05-27T08:43:03.508+0000) > > You seem to be forgetting constructive debate is something unwanted for Riot. > It will make the community more powerfull. > > Forums are just a facade to make the community think they are being heard. Certainly an interesting theory. You may well be right. Never seen Riot pay attention to any constructive criticism of their precious boards.
Capn Evan (EUW)
: Boards defuse constructive debate and encourage bad behavior
: does cyberbullying actually exist?
I don't think you understand how cyberbullying works. They don't talk to you, they invade your privacy and find some way to send you messages. And then they send shit that will make you paranoid in real life too. All they need is one message. Cyber bullying is not about cornering you so you have nowhere to go. It's anonymous, psychological warfare. Usually it hurts more when someone that knows you say hurtful things. The worst part is that they justify it because apparently, being "popular" is a virtue in school and if you're not popular, you're doing something wrong. And being popular usually includes bullying others. Those who stand up for themselves are kicked down. So yes, I say 90%, not 3-4 people. It's gang mentality. Even if the others aren't in on it, they don't publically defend you either, so they're accepting it.
: does cyberbullying actually exist?
How would you feel if 90% of your classmates created fake accounts on Facebook, found you, and sent you a message like this: "You are worth nothing, your mother is a whore, kill yourself already lol" or "You smell so bad, stay home and don't come to school." This is cyber bullying, and no matter if you mute, ignore or otherwise, it gets through to you somehow. And yes you can argue that you can just turn off social media and don't use it. But social media today is almost mandatory, teachers use it in class, friends use it to contact you etc. So cyber bullying definitely exist, though I never experienced it myself (though I did experience bullying at school). And the worst part about cyber bullying is the anonymity, the feeling that anyone could secretly hate you.
: Just like it is with downvotes, having lots of upvotes does not mean that a thread is "best". Being the "best" would then mean "most popular" but a very popular thread doesn't have to contain a good discussion. You can just make 1 statement that a lot of people like so it gets a lot of upvotes. I still think votes don't matter at all. Discussions are about reasons and reasons only, not about votes. You are right about the vote canceling. It obscures the popularity of a reply. It looks like it has 2 downvotes but it might as well have 100 upvotes and 102 downvotes and just contain a very controversial opinion.
> [{quoted}](name=Banana Terror,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=66JA8uPH,comment-id=001b0000000000000000,timestamp=2016-05-06T14:40:05.770+0000) > > Just like it is with downvotes, having lots of upvotes does not mean that a thread is "best". > > Being the "best" would then mean "most popular" but a very popular thread doesn't have to contain a good discussion. > > You can just make 1 statement that a lot of people like so it gets a lot of upvotes. > > I still think votes don't matter at all. Discussions are about reasons and reasons only, not about votes. > > You are right about the vote canceling. It obscures the popularity of a reply. It looks like it has 2 downvotes but it might as well have 100 upvotes and 102 downvotes and just contain a very controversial opinion. What I meant is that upvotes contribute to the sorting of threads in the "hot" and "best" tabs, while downvotes don't do anything constructive at all. Many forums do without the voting system altogether, and do it well. If Riot insists on keeping the voting system, make it fair, make it a system where every single upvote counts, and the ones who receive the most upvotes is considered "best". Not the one who receive the most amount of upvotes and least amount of downvotes. That's not how a democratic election works. Your neighbour disliking your political party doesn't mean they will nullify your vote.
: **The second suggestion** Yes i am kinda ranting. I agree that downvotes are useless, but this is also true for upvotes. If somebody disagrees i want to know why and if somebody agrees, it is the same. I don't like circlejerks like on facebook where you just "like" each others comment back and forth. If somebody agrees/disagrees but isn't able to explain it then it doesn't matter for me. If I want to discuss something, I want to find diffrent points of views and ideas that I maybe didn't think of before and only sometimes somebody might completely agree for the exact same reasons. Just upvoting/downvoting is so redundant and adds nothing. But honestly, I don't think votes are that important. They are just a side effect of the negativity and don't need to be taken seriously. It wouldn't hurt though to get rid of them. **The first suggestion:** Yea i think thats a good suggestion. Allowing a user that really cares for his topic to make it more visible, would help to counter all the daily spam of generic topics like multiple rants about champions, items, bans, reports. Actually the next step would be to force users to make proper topics that encourage discussions. If i think item X is overpowered and i want to make a topic about it, it's simply not enough to say "item X is overpowered, pls fix" For me this is spam and should be removed. Maybe this is too much for the moderators, because there are too many? I don't know. There are also too many threads about the same topic on a daily basis, but this could probably be reduced with your suggested changes.
> [{quoted}](name=Banana Terror,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=66JA8uPH,comment-id=001b00000000,timestamp=2016-05-04T21:35:27.077+0000) > -snip Upvotes do contribute to the forums though. I argued that upvotes are the reason that threads can become "best", and I still think that the very best constructed threads among us should be highlighted in a tab of their own. However, downvotes just ruin that system. Even though Facebook has said they will implement a dislike button, they also said they would make sure to implement it in such a way that it wouldn't be used to disagree with posts, or "counter" likes in any way. I hope the voting system can be more like an election. A vote on the opposing party doesn't cancel the vote you have on your party, but currently the voting system on boards does cancel your vote. I don't like that system, and I think it should be removed. One vote should count as +1 no matter what happens.
: Its impossible to have a discussion, because you will either get trolled or your topic dies because the community doesn't like thinking too much and coming up with valid arguments. At any rate if you are not an attention whore your topic will die either way. The forum is full of trolls and negative people that only come into a thread to leave a hate message or make a joke. Most of them don't even know what a real argument looks like. There are several behaviour patterns that you see all the time and apparently mods don't think it's worth to take action: * Rankism - "you are wrong because of your elo" * "you seem to know nothing so you are wrong" * "i looked at your match history and you suck so you are wrong" Discussing things does NOT mean that you always need to discredit your dialogue partner! It's offensive on a personal level! It does NOT get punished! I see this in MOST threads! Users shout at each other like retarded animals without trying to think if a single good argument. Oh and i got suspended from the board for 1 day because I said something against this behaviour. The other user tried to put words in my mouth, tried to turn my post into ridicule, mocked me because of my rank, simply told me that I know NOTHING about the topic and between all that he didn't make a single good point that would be worth discussing. So i indirectly pointed out that he behaves like an ignorant asshole, which is exactly what he did! I know it wasn't necessary on my part to say that, but did his toxic comments get removed? No ofc not. Also this was part of the notification i got: > The boards should be an environment where everyone can have an opinion as long as it's delivered in a mature way. Countering people's arguments and ideas is fine, as long as you don't do so at their expense. Comments like "nobody cares", tell people to shut up because you don't agree, calling out their playstyle and ranking "bronzie" etc. or digressing into a flame war small snippets of the types of things we actively look out for and remove. ...oh the irony. The boards are an absolutely toxic environment. Can't do much about the community not wanting to discuss, but you could at least try to keep discussions clean of trash comments that don't add anything valuable.
> [{quoted}](name=Banana Terror,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=66JA8uPH,comment-id=001b,timestamp=2016-05-04T20:06:36.338+0000) > > Its impossible to have a discussion, because you will either get trolled or your topic dies because the community doesn't like thinking too much and coming up with valid arguments. At any rate if you are not an attention whore your topic will die either way. > > The forum is full of trolls and negative people that only come into a thread to leave a hate message or make a joke. Most of them don't even know what a real argument looks like. > > There are several behaviour patterns that you see all the time and apparently mods don't think it's worth to take action: > > * Rankism - "you are wrong because of your elo" > > * "you seem to know nothing so you are wrong" > > * "i looked at your match history and you suck so you are wrong" > > Discussing things does NOT mean that you always need to discredit your dialogue partner! > It's offensive on a personal level! > It does NOT get punished! > I see this in MOST threads! > > Users shout at each other like retarded animals without trying to think if a single good argument. > > Oh and i got suspended from the board for 1 day because I said something against this behaviour. > The other user tried to put words in my mouth, tried to turn my post into ridicule, mocked me because of my rank, simply told me that I know NOTHING about the topic and between all that he didn't make a single good point that would be worth discussing. So i indirectly pointed out that he behaves like an ignorant asshole, which is exactly what he did! I know it wasn't necessary on my part to say that, but did his toxic comments get removed? No ofc not. > > The board are an absolutely toxic environment. Can't do much about the community not wanting to discuss, but you could at least try to keep discussions clean of trash comments that don't add anything valuable. I agree, but what do you think about the suggestions I posted? It seems to me you only came here to rant about the community, I'm trying to ridicule the system that feeds them. I totally agree that the community is toxic, but with a better forum system we can perhaps filter more of those trolls out and make them at least post their discomforting thoughts instead of just downvoting and ruining constructive debate.
Rioter Comments
NamelessD (EUNE)
: I'm not bashing the community dude. Just saying, not worth of your time. You got good point, but you probably won't change anything. Boards community will stay same and Riot with their stubborness as well.
> [{quoted}](name=NamelessD,realm=EUNE,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=66JA8uPH,comment-id=001800000000,timestamp=2016-04-29T10:57:30.768+0000) > > I'm not bashing the community dude. > Just saying, not worth of your time. You got good point, but you probably won't change anything. > Boards community will stay same and Riot with their stubborness as well. Even if it's a small chance Riot will even care about my little suggestion, I have to try, because I still love the game it features. And I wasn't in any way implying in my post that you were bashing on the community, so no need to get defensive. You kinda are though, but that's another matter. Call it what you want.
NamelessD (EUNE)
: I wanted to create familiar thread couple of days ago. Didn't read your long post but I agree with title. Boards is not about having discussion. Old LoL forum was for that. Boards is about having conflict in order to prove "I'm better, I'm special, I'm right and you are not". Sad truth is that you can change that. Boards community is fu%#ed up, pathetic and hopeless, you can't change that and it is exactly why I decided to not make thread familiar to yours which I wanted to make couple of days ago. All you can do is to avoid clicking on stupid threads and try to find the ones which's point is actually having discussion, but those are rare these days ...
> [{quoted}](name=NamelessD,realm=EUNE,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=66JA8uPH,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2016-04-29T09:33:46.856+0000) > > I wanted to create familiar thread couple of days ago. Didn't read your long post but I agree with title. Boards is not about having discussion. Old LoL forum was for that. Boards is about having conflict in order to prove "I'm better, I'm special, I'm right and you are not". > > Sad truth is that you can change that. > Boards community is fu%#ed up, pathetic and hopeless, you can't change that and it is exactly why I decided to not make thread familiar to yours which I wanted to make couple of days ago. > All you can do is to avoid clicking on stupid threads and try to find the ones which's point is actually having discussion, but those are rare these days ... If you did read though, you would see I'm not bashing on the community, if anything the behaviour of the community is a direct result of the deficient system in place on these forums. Downvoting... Nothing but toxic. I also suggest a bump button to revive topics based on OP's wishes, to gain more thread rotation instead of only having the popular ones visible at any time.
: Heya You can use your EUW-Account to post there. Regards Rkoturdo
> [{quoted}](name=Rkoturdo Ndo,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=66JA8uPH,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2016-04-27T18:46:00.628+0000) > > Heya > You can use your EUW-Account to post there. > > Regards Rkoturdo Awesome, didn't know that. I hope you can stop by the NA thread and give it an upvote or a comment to make it more visible if you have time too. :) It's the same title in "Boards feedback" section.
Steel (EUW)
: sad truth
> [{quoted}](name=Steel,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=66JA8uPH,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2016-04-27T18:04:17.028+0000) > > sad truth So what are we going to do about it? Do you agree with my suggestions? Help me keep this thread alive please, or if you have a NA account please repost it there with my blessings, I don't have a NA account I can play on, as my internet lags too much if I try to play on NA servers, and you need level 6 to post.
Rioter Comments
Zambit (EUW)
: got reported for troll pick
You don't know true pain unless you tried to pick Evelynn before her rework. Even though she was excellent at forcing enemy to purchase vision wards and oracles, and was a great splitpusher like Shaco, everyone hated her. The reason she got reworked was not because she lacked potential, but because she forced passive gameplay because her stealth lasted too long. Yorick is one of my favourite champions. If you can outplay your opponent until level 5, your E will start to hurt a lot and you can outlane your opponent without any troubles usually. His E to me is like a better version of Vladimir's Q, due to the synergy it has with Yorick's passive.
Show more

Capn Evan

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion