: Also smurfing itself is a disgusting thing to do
Well i dont blame then for smurfing as long as they solo, as i said before queues are supposedly long so I dont blame the for wanting to wait less to play a game
: The number of fake reports grows exponentially the bigger the playerbase, so trust me there is an enormous difference between cs:go with 300 thousand average daily players and league's estimated 100 million average daily players (2016 estimation source: wikipedia) The problem is just worse in low elos, in how many games do you think there's been one guy that wanted to try ahri supp and he's been met by waves of flame from his team, tilting him into playing badly and going 0/4 and then everyone in his team reports him for trolling Was he trolling ? no he wasn't, could he be punished with a system such as the one above ? Yes he would It's imperative that you do not give the players any actual power And in the first place : plat and above players, who represent 8% of the playerbase, would be sent 1 replay every 30 seconds, and then they'd be given the power to ban a completely innocent person if they so feel like it Plat and above players are not saints, they don't have more knowledge of what is just or not, they're just random people who are more invested in the game That is definitely one of the worst solutions possible to fix the trolling problem
i didnt know the difference was that big xD but it wouldnt give players any power, the reports world basically just flag that player triggering a verification of his games by humans. You are making statements about something you have no data about as if it is fact. "One replay every 30 seconds" did you get that number out of your ass? Also, the replays wouldnt be sent to one specific player and it would take more than just one vote to ban someone, obviously! If you use higher elo players to evaluate this, and surely a lot of them would volunteer then the ammount of "staff" available is proportional to the player base. You make up the worst case scenarios to criticize my proposal which is just Debbie downer style. You talk about giving solutions but alll you do is shut down any solution given branding it unachievable without even trying. False reports exist in any game that has a report system so thats irrelevant given that it would require verification for any punishment to be issued. You clearly dont trust the community but thats your problem. This system would have test phases like any other system being introduced so if what i described here was a prototype after a few testing phases we would have a much more reliable and robust system. Actually giving this "power" to players is the only way you can ensure moderation on such a large scale. If this isnt good enough why dont you provide real alternatives instead of just saying we have to provide solutions. This is actually the best solution here given that I was the only person with an actual, concrete proposal rather than just shutting down others ideas. It may not be perfect but so isnt Riots current system and it's better than sitting back with arms crossed while the community suffers.
: Well it's easy to say "we need to have less trolls" but, do you have any idea as to how you could make that happen ? Riot can't magically get rid of them or something, it takes time, investment, and ideas that work It's really hard to find good solutions to get rid of such a problem, without creating other problems in the progress Things like drastic solutions **would** work to get rid of trolls, but how many innocent people would it also get rid off at the same time ? Well you know what I mean hopefully, it's not that easy and riot always tries to keep the environment within their game as clean as they can
It's pretty obvious to me given how I was banner from CSGO for cheating. Use a system like overwatch. If a player gets at least 3 players or 3 premades and 1 non premade reporting him for trolling/inting in the same game or too many consecutive reports by at least 2 players the game gets sent to a system along with a description of what the troll was doing and get checked by players who are plat+ or something. If the replay gets voted as a troll game a penalty is issued. CSGO isnt exactly a small community and it works so i doubt claiming the league community is too big is a valid argument.
Hansiman (EUNE)
: Because searching for a team is not off-topic, it's on-topic. And it just happens to be on the topic of "Teams, Clubs & Tournaments". =)
: That's better
xD i dont get how "Off-Topic" can be the wrong place though ahaha PS: no one seems to be volunteering xD would you come and play with me? x)
Rioter Comments
Teemofied (EUW)
: I agree with you to 100%
i know this is a bit off topic but I made a post asking for higher elo players to play normal games with me to practice against stronger players, do you mind if I add you? x) this is the link although it says the same i just said https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/off-topic-en/NWuRc96z-looking-for-a-higher-elo-partner-for-normal-games ps: i saw you're d3 in opgg xD
Eambo (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Fajerk,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=HZyqR10l,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-29T08:57:11.125+0000) > > Wait, isn't your job to just fix issues if they arise, which means you don't have much of a job most of the time? > > Essentially this > http://i.imgur.com/fUmMDCB.png > > > Or am I seeing it wrong? Kinda. We keep an eye on allll the things, which is why boards is actually pretty important to me ^_^ We have a lot of internal monitoring and alerting, but sometimes there's issues that crop up that you guys can report faster than our alerting (If something breaks, who feels it first? The monitoring system or the players? :-P) - so keeping an eye on boards helps me with my job, when not dealing with other fires ;-)
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Eambo,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=HZyqR10l,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-29T09:00:48.447+0000) > > Kinda. We keep an eye on allll the things, which is why boards is actually pretty important to me ^_^ > > We have a lot of internal monitoring and alerting, but sometimes there's issues that crop up that you guys can report faster than our alerting (If something breaks, who feels it first? The monitoring system or the players? :-P) - so keeping an eye on boards helps me with my job, when not dealing with other fires ;-) and i guess you have some fun in the proccess, win win situation
: Whatever, it's not illegal. As long as they both play on their own accounts they're allowed to do whatever they like. If I play on my smurf with a bronze 5 guy, and carry him to mid gold, that's allowed as well. Why should it be illegal for him. Also, are you upvoting your own post with alt accounts? A post with 12 upvotes in 10 minutes without comments is very fishy
one thing is low elo, bronze 5 or gold is low elo and the player base is so huge that a duoQ boost is really just a blip on the radar. Now if we're talking about master elo it's a completely different story. I have no idea how long queues are but I heard they are pretty long so it's pretty unfair that those who are trying to climb wait long times to just get stomped by a pro player while some player gets to be in a restricted group without deserving it. There aren't thousands of masters, there are exactly 823 Masters in EUW right now. It's extremely unfair that a person who is not Master quality is getting boosted to master by a pro player. Not to mention it discredits LoL's solo queue as it makes it look like all you need to get to master is a friend to boost you. She should get her main account banned and he should face some sort of punishment as well, maybe drop from challenger to master if he really wants to play in lower elos instead of challenger

Caralhe123

Level 28 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion