Xiffy (EUW)
: i don't know if thug's can be cute and fluffy ( ・`ω・´)
Why not? https://i.ytimg.com/vi/NnzWLS3wMDc/maxresdefault.jpg xD
: I guess you never heard of feminism before, well there it is at it's finest. This is the kinda stuff that liberals and leftist created, a white genocide and I'm betting that they removed the shirt from the white kid because being called racist today IS a big deal, this is happening all over the place in the world just like with Trump, he said he doesn't want muslims from certain countries in U.S. and? He's racist. If obama did that I bet noone would even CONSIDER calling him a racist. We will in the society were everything that a WHITE person SAYS or DOES is being looked at sooo freaking carefully and if those scum from liberlism and communism just find a SINGLE thing that bothers them you will be a racist, if you are intereseted in more cases just like this please check this channel https://www.youtube.com/user/PrisonPlanetLive/videos this guy talks alot about this themes. Also if someones says that THIS is a good system that we live in right now I'm sorry but you are just %%%%%%ed, purely %%%%%%ed. Not to mention how the leftist scum and feminists treat us (me) people who support far right politics racist just because of some idiot that wanted purely german race 70 years ago.
>[...] Trump, he said he doesn't want muslims from certain countries in U.S. and? He's racist. If obama did that I bet noone would even CONSIDER calling him a racist. Chances are you heard about this already. >The travel part of Trump’s order does target the same seven countries that were singled out with a law Obama signed in December 2015. [...] The Obama-signed law contains provisions that restrict travel to the United States for people who lived in or visited Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria since March 2011. They must have a visa to enter the United States; they can’t use what is known as the Visa Waiver Program, which allows 90-day U.S. visits to other foreign visitors. And yes, that was not considered racist ;)
Aezander (EUW)
: Just a note. Permabans existed before the Old Tribunal. And yes, the amount of steps that led to Perma were a lot more back then.
>Permabans existed before the Old Tribunal. But they were never handed out just because of toxic behaviour. Permabans were a punishments for other things, like cheating, chargebacks and other similar offenses. I'm not sure, but I think that you couldn't even get a permaban for severe toxicity at that time (racism, homophobia, sexism, ect).
: Tips to deal with petty people?
>I report him after game, he MAYBE gets looked at and it is MAYBE concluded he is a D-bag This. If he gets enough reports without any of the automated systems jumping on him, he is very likely to be "the chosen one"... for a manual audit >.> believe me, if riot looks at him and concludes that he was being a D-bag, there will most likely be consequences ;) Just make sure of one thing; in those kind of cases, when sending a report, you should add a comment explaining what happened. That way, during the manual audit, riot can more easily find out why people are reporting him even though no automated system is reacting. Thus, it will be more likely for him to get punished^^ __________ Anyway, how to deal with the problem ingame? Simple. Just give 90% and focus on something very specific instead of focusing on winning the game. The "something" you could focus on is a simple thing of the likes of keeping herald and baron warded thorough the whole match. Or focus solely on CS'ing and mostly ignoring you lane opponent. Or denying every single blue buff from the ennemy midlaner. As for the "just give 90%" part, it is more of a play the match in a more relaxed or "lazy" way. Instead of being hyper focused and always on edge, even more so considering that you are frustrated by your teammate, just relax, and ignore some things you usually are hyper focused on. Like, for example, if you are very used to always actively looking for openings to rotate and gank another lane, just be lazy about it and just rotate if you feel like it. Oh, and change the UI so that you can't see other peoples summoner names (I think it's on DELETE by default). And play then as if the teammate who banned your Ahri is just another random summoner you haven't met ever. But mute/ping mute him right away, as to keep the illusion as if he would be a random and silent player. ________ I had a few times where I used few of the stuff above. I remember two times in particular: once because my pick intent got banned just because a teammate didn't like it. I picked Tahm and focused on eating a very specific teammate only if he was about to die. Like, one more hit and he would be gone. It looked almost as if I was just somekind of frontline medic which role is to extract injured people out of the frontlines to the paramedics in the backline xD I know, that doesn't sound funny at all, but I had a laugh during that game because of it^^' And another time I got matched with a pretty bad Ashe, which single handedly lost us the match. I wasn't mad about her or anything, it's just that the predicament of being in a very slow match which was more than obvious to be lost is kinda frustrating ( + i never give up ><). In that match, as a Janna, I focused solely in making the Ashe survive for as long as possible. She was fated to die either way, but any extra second that she would stay alive while being engaged on was a win for me. In the end, just because of focusing on that, the match became somewhat fun. I was even kinda let down when the 4 other voted yes for surrender xD ______ In the end, the plan is just to make you focus on something else, which brings some kind of "small victories". That way, you could end up getting a decent experience, even though usually you should have got a frustrating lost match^^'
: we are 5 man premade
Since it's 5 man premade, it is completely fine. Well, that is, as long as all 5 premades are ok with it. If at least one claims to be against it and reports the 4 other, then those 4 are f'cked =P
Exphaze (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=r9xbEAMg,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2017-09-21T18:56:25.582+0000) > > I explained it to you ib my first comment: saying &quot;%%%&quot; is one of the few offenses that can net you an imnediate ban, without going through chat restrictions. Welp didnt know that... I guess I deserved it then for not reading the summoners code properly.
Even if you had read the summoners code, I don't think you would have found it there written down explicitly. For this, it is more of common sense. Death threats, asking people to suicide, threatening other people's relatives, wishing them illnesses or heavy insults can lead for a 14-day ban right away. So does sexism, racism, homophobia, ect. ______________ Anyway, you got a 14 day ban. Right after the 14 day ban, the next possible punishment is a permaban. And for you, the system is now pretty trigger happy (it needs just few games of mild toxicity to act on you). And seeing how you had difficulties reaching lvl 3 honor, it could be a sign that you are midly toxic in few of your matches. Not toxic enough for the system to let you go from nothing to a 10 match chat restriction, but it could be toxic enough for you to go from 14-day to permaban. I'm just warning you, just so you can prepare yourself and take actions to prevent an unneeded permaban. I would advice you to search around on these boards to find out what kind of behaviour is considered toxic, so that you can avoid it in the future. Maybe even ask riot support for a sample of a match where you were toxic (not the one you provived already), so that you could post it here and ask others what, in your behaviour, is considered toxic. I doubt the support team will give you such a sample, but you could always try^^' ___________ >this was very unfair of me getting banned after one game, let alone a 3v3 To be honest, the gamemode doesn't even matter. That wouldn't be ok anywhere, not even in a co-op vs AI =P
vikinator (EUW)
: Is ban for flaming justified?
Sooo, yeah, where should I start? >< I'm pretty sure this will become a very long answer, so bear with me =P __________ First, since I see this being said a lot in this topic, I'll share a little secret: The automated system doesn't punish people simply because they use vulgar language. You can use vulgar words, profanity and swears without having to be afraid of being punished. You have just to be afraid of what is accompanying the swears. In the end, it is fine to say: "OMG, thresh, you are f'cking amazing!" Yet, saying "OMG, thresh, you are f'cking bad!!!!" isn't fine at all. And the reason for it isn't the "f'cking". >While it’s true that the system punishes toxicity, it actually doesn’t punish profanity -- not even vulgar words that belong to the in-game culture [305, 548] -- but it concentrates on both common and culture-related malicious or insulting phrases [259, 305, 353]. According to Riot, thanks to it there was a drastic reduction of racist, homophobic and sexist remarks, accompanied by a rise of common profanity, such as “%%%%” or “shit” [304]. > [>source<](http://en.volu-eu.org/pbkb_general_user_view.php?art=7) (as a side note, use the site in the link above to learn more about the tribunal system. I always go there get my sources^^) _____________ >Why is there a ban for using chat the wrong way in the first place? Just a little info: for the longest time, riot had as motto to never permanently ban players just for toxic behaviour. In the early years, the only possible punishment were bans who would grow longer with each punishment a player would get. Permabans for toxic behaviour came just when the first iteration of an automated system was implemented, the one which came with the chat restrictions and ranked restrictions (those aren't a thing anymore). During that time, you could get a ban only for severe toxicity (racism, sexism, homophobia, ect). Getting punished 2 or 3 times for severe toxicity would earn you a permaban. (sorry for being a bit vague with some points, but it was a long time ago, and I actually never really learned all details about that system) Mild toxicity would never, in any case, give you a ban, even for someone who is repeatedly mildly toxic. You would get instead just ever increasing chat restrictions. The biggest I have ever seen was 4k games chat restriction in a screen cap. (As a side note, at that time it was actually possible to get punished for both mild and severe toxicity in the very same game, because both of those kinds of toxicity were handled by 2 different systems. Thus, getting a ban and a chatrestriction form the very same match was a possibility) Ok, now I start to address you question. Not kidding, everything above was just filler and story time! During those times where you could earn ever increasing chat restrictions, riot noticed few things: 1) Players who got hit by a chat restrictions would fall in two categories. One of them were players who would get one chat restriction, play through it without earning a new one, then most likely would keep playing without getting a new restriction any time soon. In other words, they would reform. The other category is of players who would get chat restrictions over and over again. The system was build in such a way that it would perform a "toxicity check" slightly before a player had played every and each chat restricted matches he had. A player who was still a bit too toxic, even with only a few lines that they could write each match, would get a bit more restricted matches on top of those that he needed still to clear. So, yeah, those are the kind of players who wouldn't reform at all. And anyway, they would loose nothing if they kept being toxic, so they had no incentive to start behaving. I mean, just look at the example of the player with 4k chat restrictions. Why would he need to start behaving? 2) A chat restriction doesn't prevent you from typing. It just limits the number of lines you are allowed to type. And you get a new line every other minute or so (I don't know the specifics). Riot noticed something else, even more so from players who racked up hundreds and thousands of chat restrictions. Once a player would run out of lines to type, they would sometimes resort to other actions to vent their frustration. Trolling, inting or afking, for example. In other words, riot learned that short chat restrictions were very effective, long chat restrictions were almost useless, maybe even detrimental. And that people who were unaffected by chat restrictions(who didn't reform), were very unlikely to reform by any other means mostly because of lack of incentive. The thing is, chat restrictions are designed in such a way to help people reform, that was it's main focus. It puts players in the dilemma "Should I use my only line to insult a teammate or to share tactical/strategic information with my team?" Depending on what they choose, it can have positive or negative effects on their match. And that was what riot wants to show players with chat restrictions. It is true that it limits the output of toxicity of a player who loses control, but that is just a welcomed side-effect, by far not the main purpose of the limited chat lines. (If they wanted to limit the toxicty of a player that way, they would have just muted him completely) In the end, with data that they had gathered from previous tribunals systems, they knew a few things about what kind of effects the length of a ban would have on a player. (a 3 day ban had almost no effect on players, while, in comparison, a 1 week ban would have the most effect on making a player being less toxic, a 2 week ban would land somewhere in between). In the end, riot decided to go with the current 4 tier punishment system: - 10 games chat restriction - 25 games chat restriction - 14 days ban - Permaban The vast majority of people stop being toxic at last after their 14 day ban. I think that the numbers are something like this: only 5% of the whole playerbase ever gets any kind of punishment for toxic behaviour. Of those 5%, just a little fraction again, 5-10%, actually ends up with a permaban. let's not forget that the system is very lenient with mild toxicity. Yes, you can be punished for being a little a-hole, but you need to be toxic in quite a percentage of your recent matches to even get the first chat restriction. The further you are in the punishement tier, the smaller that percentage has to be. When a player is over it's 14 day ban, then the system becomes very trigger happy. _________ I'm telling you this mostly to **warn you**: when you can play again, beware of what you write in chat. Just very few matches with mild toxicity is needed for you to get a permaban!! _________ But even so, the current system, at least, in my opinion, is in a good balance of fairness and effectiveness. It is by far the best riot has had. And i think that they gave up on further improving the current system, because it would cost lots of manpower and resources for little return. Instead, they are focusing more on something they had already promised when the first automated system was in place: rewarding people for being neutral/positive players. And thus, create a new incentive for toxic players to reform. You see this in the whole thing about hectech chests + loot, the honor 2.0 and even in smaller things, like the pilot in the BR server "[Yordle Camp Event](https://boards.eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/off-topic-en/pe6jhHEn-yordle-camp)" ____________ I think this whole thing answers the question of why even mild toxicity leads to bans. But for your specific case, you know why you got a 14 day ban right away and skipped the restrictions. As you read up there, it isn't something new. For the longest time, riot reacted heavily onto "sexism, racism, homophobia, ect" in the game. I can't tell if they act this way because of "ideology". But I do know that lots of people ask, require or at least accept that riot cracks down hard on people engaging with that kind of behaviour. Again, not sure, but I think that the majority of the playerbase expects that from riot. One can argue about how it is too harsh to punish people for that kind of severe toxicity while it is only their first and only offense. But let's not forget that there is the 14 day buffer. In those regards, I find riot pretty fair, as in, it gives everyone at least one chance to %%%% up before they start using the big guns. But for severe toxicity, they really just give one, and only one chance =P As for the fact of being punished for just a joke. Sure, it might come off as a joke for you, and maybe for some of your teammates. But for some people, only reading/hearing it, is already enough to "trigger" them and let them go full "SJW" (even though, them themselves not having any kind of emotional attachment to that word, they get just triggered because they think they have to protect the LGBT community, or something like that >.>). In the end, the only thing riot does, is giving people a warning, tells them it's their last chance and that they should just avoid using some specific words/insults in the future. If riot planned to simply get rid of any kind of "sexist, racist, homophobe filth", there wouldn't be such a thing as a "14 day ban buffer" and a "oh, you got permabanned? It's fine, you are still allowed to start anew with a brand new account!" ^^'
Rismosch (EUW)
: I guess because the animator can't speak english? As far as I know those animators are independent from Riot, meaning those comics are bound to the language those animators speak.
This was posted in the official BR youtube^^ It is an official, event from riot in BR.
: Yordle Camp
Maybe it's just a pilot or a test. Chances are that it wasn't even an original idea from riot HQ, but from someone from the BR community or so, but riot liked the idea and greenlit it in BR. Either way, if the pilot/test is a success and has enough impact, chances are high that we might get something similar in other regions. (Actually, just watched the video right after the one posted, and they say something in those lines...)
: > [{quoted}](name=Estti379,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=KKTEGz9b,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-09-16T12:58:06.035+0000) > > Reporting needs only 2 clicks from you. How can you even consider that an hassle? > There are actually people who claim that having such a simple reporting system is more of a problem than a blessing. (I&#x27;m not one of them) > > This kind of behaviour is not accepted, it is considered to be toxic and it can leads to punishments. > I mean, report calling is the bad behaviour. Many people don&#x27;t realize it, but saying stuff of the likes of &quot;report this, report that&quot; is considered toxic, and the automated system reacts to it, that is, if the player saying that kind of stuff gets reported. > > > In the end, the report system, as it is right now, is the &quot;respectful, honourable and quiet&quot; player&#x27;s tool to deal with toxic behaviour. > Each report is akin to a vote. By reporting, you are telling the selflearning machine from riot what kind of behaviour you find toxic and which you would like to lead to punishments. If enough other people report players who show a similar behaviour, then the system will pick it up and start punishing people who do engage in such behaviours. > > So, no, it isn&#x27;t the voices of the loud minority who is heard by the report system. It is the voice from the silent majority which is taken into consideration ;) This is nitpicking, I know, but I'm a machine learning major and I know for a fact that this system isn't "self learning". It's far too complex to apply machine learning to. I digress, I personally am in the vocal minority. I report every time I see toxic behavior. My point is less that there aren't enough keyboard warriors, but rather that I've noticed the people who get punished are the people who piss off toxic people, rather than the toxic people.
Well, looks like riot was able to develop such a complex self-learning machine. If they didn't, I doubt that they would be boasting about it =P __________ >I've noticed the people who get punished are the people who piss off toxic people, rather than the toxic people. For that kind of people to get punished, that means that they did resort to toxic behaviour themselves. And on top of that, they need to be repeat offenders, too! Threads where people complain about their bans and who claim that they were just "defending" themselves are pretty common. But usually, when you read through their chatlogs, one does see that they were being jerks, too. In the end, it's not because you have a very toxic player in your match that another player is allowed to be toxic too, even though the second player isn't as toxic as the first one.
: THE PROBLEM WITH THE REPORT SYSTEM
Reporting needs only 2 clicks from you. How can you even consider that an hassle? There are actually people who claim that having such a simple reporting system is more of a problem than a blessing. (I'm not one of them) >REPORT FOR FEED This kind of behaviour is not accepted, it is considered to be toxic and it can leads to punishments. I mean, report calling is the bad behaviour. Many people don't realize it, but saying stuff of the likes of "report this, report that" is considered toxic, and the automated system reacts to it, that is, if the player saying that kind of stuff gets reported. In the end, the report system, as it is right now, is the "respectful, honourable and quiet" player's tool to deal with toxic behaviour. Each report is akin to a vote. By reporting, you are telling the selflearning machine from riot what kind of behaviour you find toxic and which you would like to lead to punishments. If enough other people report players who show a similar behaviour, then the system will pick it up and start punishing people who do engage in such behaviours. So, no, it isn't the voices of the loud minority who is heard by the report system. It is the voice from the silent majority which is taken into consideration ;)
PepijndM (EUW)
: {{champion:222}} {{item:3117}} {{item:3087}} {{item:3094}} {{item:3078}} {{item:3142}} {{item:3085}} She's right behind you. Or in front. Or something. All the prediction plays though.
You failed the test =P This was a reference to the anime where that girl comes from xD (Mirai Nikki) http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/27700000/Mirai-Nikki-mirai-nikki-27783038-411-500.jpg
PepijndM (EUW)
: Parts of me are intrigued, other parts are scared.
I would recommend you to be scared. And to run away. Run away as far as you can. Not that it would matter much, because she would be one or two steps ahead of you. **ALWAYS** ><
Hazafrios (EUNE)
: but what if league is the only game that has this connections issues? I dont play others games but i use you-tube and it is just fine at high quality. so i think it is riots problem not the nodes.
Well, let's say that the internet connections in the World is similar to a "highway/road network". If you and a friend start somewhere in Spain with the goal for one to reach a town in northern Germany and the other in southern Germany (both of those locations represent the location of two different games and their servers). In this example, you and your friend will use some of the same routes at the very start, but at some point (somewhere in France), you will end up needing to go your own separate ways. If before that point there was too much traffic around or work being done on the roads, both of you would be affected and slowed down by it. But if traffic/construction only appears after you went different routes, only the one of you two who gets caught up in traffic will be slowed down, while the other might just end up fine. Let me ask you: how is it the northern Town the one at fault if you get caught up in traffic somewhere in France? If something similar would happen to you, would you just complain like: "F-ing northen German Town. I'm always stuck in traffic in France in my way towards you. Pls, FIX your f-ing roads in France!!!!" This example is not at all far off from the reality from internet connections. For example, your own connection to Riots game servers have to go through a network which isn't that much different from road/highway networks. To simplify it, it goes this way: You > your ISP's local node > goes from node to node between you and the target address > Riot's ISP's local node > Riot. And all of those nodes are connected to each other by physical cables. It is not like your data would just magically appear at riot's front door^^' If anywhere in that route, there is an issue node, then your connection will be affected. If the problem appears at your own house or at riot themselves, then you/they are the only ones who can fix it. If it appears at the connection between you and your ISP (Riot and their ISP), then you have just a bit of influence on it, by pressurizing your ISP. If a problem appears anywhere else, neither you nor riot has any influence on it. _____ So, to answer your question: >but what if league is the only game that has this connections issues? [...] i use you-tube and it is just fine at high quality With just that information, it is impossible to tell where the issue lies. You can just be sure that neither you nor your ISP are at fault for the bad connection. It could be because of riot and their ISP. But it could also be because of some random node between you and riot.
: this! Defeat or loss pevented?
~~Neither.~~ ~~Non-existent. It will be as if the game never happened.~~ Forget it, just saw that you had got an answer^^
: Are there any ping problems with Servers? I have 7ms on speedtest and 120 on Euw what's going on?
A few weeks ago I did explain why it is possible to have high ping ingame even though you don't seem to have any issues with your own internet. I'll just copy paste it here: > There is more than just you and Riot that can cause "connection bugs". >When you connect to any site in the world, the data sent and received has to travel through several nodes who are between you and the server. Imagine it like a Road and highway network. There is more than one way to reach the server. Some ways are faster, others are less reliable, others overused, and so on... Unfortunately, neither you nor Riot can do anything to change the "route" used. And if there are issues at some of those nodes, neither you nor riot can do anything to change/affect it... >-But my internet works just fine, so there are no issues with "nodes" at all, it has to be on Riots side!!!! >That actually just means that, to reach a different server, the data doesn't need to travel through the same "issue nodes". (Again, it's like a roads/highway network, you don't need to use the same roads to reach Spain as you use to reach Germany when you start in France) >The only thing you can do, if the issue really lies in nodes used, is complain to your ISP. Maybe even considering changing ISP. And yeah, I know, that Idea sounds absurd... But the worst part is, even the new ISP could make you use the same issue nodes that the old one used^^' BTW, when doing a "speedtest" on a site, very often those sites propose different servers you can choose from to make the test with. Naturally, if you pick a server which is pretty close to you, the resulting ping will be extremely low... there are less physical cables to go through, and way less nodes, which heavily shortens your ping. (And because you might end up asking it: Amsterdam. Riot's game servers are located in the Netherlands, Amsterdam) EDIT: just to prove my point, I did 2 speedtests. Closest server > 10 ping. Amsterdam > 45 ping
Treycos (EUW)
: She's waiting for something
I know exactly what she wants =D It's [DIS](http://st.marmottons.net/imgp/mmt/confitures/conf-rhubarbe-poires-600x450.jpg)
: Again with the f****** faces
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMqgV3oUZbY Feels bad Soaz man =P
Rismosch (EUW)
: Never seen a tank before, haven't you?
Nah, it's just that he expects that Lord Dominicks should make him burst down Tanks as he does on squishy's =P
: The Hell?
>"so how can reformed players ever even use the chat without the fear of being perma-banned" "By simply not displaying any kind of negative behavior you will avoid getting banned." How do you do an omelette? By simply breaking some eggs open, stir them up and heating them in a pan. How do you walk a dog? By simply putting him in a leash and walk with him outside. How do you turn on a PC? By simply pressing the ON/OFF button. Do you perceive all of that as sarcasm? It is possible that you did, and I can understand why you did. Still, it wasn't meant to be sarcasm and it was meant as an answer, which are on point, to the questions posed. Same goes for the answer that the riot support gave you. ________________ >Why is it that as soon as someone who is clearly FAR more toxic than me PROBABLY got away with it, while me, a guy who was trying to snap him out of his rage, gets the full brunt of Riot's banhammer PURELY because of my past exploits where I'd flame non-stop? Sooo, it would make more sense to ban that one guy who was toxic in one match, but has no history at all of being toxic, while at the same time, let the other guy, which actually has a past and recent history of toxic behaviour, to go unpunished? Naturally, we don't know if that Yasuo has such a history or not. Chances are, we won't even know if he actually got punished or not. But either way, only the recent games matter when being judged by the system. ________________ Anyway, let's talk technicalities. When riot mentions stuff of the likes of "it takes around 3 months to drop a punishment tier", they are talking about averages. It differs alot from player to player. A player who doesn't play often, will need a bit more than just 3 months. It's actually the number of games which matter when dropping tiers, not really the time since the last punishment. A player who doesn't use chat at all will need way more games than a player who still uses chat and isn't flagged as toxic in those matches. A player who still keeps being flagged as toxic occasionally, will take way longer to drop tiers, if at all. It is actually possible to get stuck permanently in a punishment tier. For that to happen, the player needs to be toxic occasionally, so that the system doesn't think he deserves to drop a tier while at the same time not being toxic in enough matches for the system to give him a punishment. _______________ And here some tips on how to avoid being toxic: I'm guessing that you are someone who ends up always "answering back". By that I mean, that you do end up in endless flame wars because you always reply back to someone who is flaming you, and that flamer might do exactly the same. And it keeps escalating and escalating and excavating. Maybe you are someone who keeps pointing out over and over again a specific mistake that someone is doing. Something of the likes: "Leona, start using your ult to start fights" and 7 minutes later "WTF, Leona, that was a perfect time to ult them. Start fight with your %%%%ing ult!!!" and somewhat later "When will you ever learn that your ult is meant to start fights???" For both those cases I have just this to say: if you reply at all, just do it once. Don't ever repeat yourself. Don't ever try to counter someone's defense. Think about the example with that Leona. Telling her once how to use her ult is fine(well, depends on how you do it). Telling her that one or more times after it, becomes useless. I mean, if she didn't get the memo from the first time, how can one expect that she will change because you tell her the same thing again? Anything you repeat is a waste of time and has very low returns, and, depending on what you say and on how you word it, could end up being just toxic. As for the first example, usually, those kind of endless flame wars become just a stupid mud sling contest. And the one's participating in it usually don't even notice that they are in one unless it is too late. That's why it is better to try to get in the habit of not even participating at all, to be the one who leaves the mud sling contest before it even has started. Thus, just reply back once. If they reply to you again, just ignore it. You are in a match anyway, there are more important things to do besides typing^^ I actually had once a reformed player who said something of the likes: "What is more likely to help me win a match: write a complain about my botlane or getting one extra CS?" Try giving that mentality a try, it could work on you, too. Then there is what and how you write it. One piece of information: people who are toxic tend to meet the most toxic behaviour. This is because neutral/positive players don't engage with people who are toxic (thus it doesn't escalate) and because they tend to not "provoke" toxic behaviour themselves. They usually speak in a non-provocative way, thus, the responses they get are very likely to be neutral or positive. You get a drastically different reaction from people when you say both of those sentences: "Leona, you are the one who has to start fights. Just ult someone who is out of position, we will follow up." "Oh god, this Leona. Does never start a fight. You do have an ult, right? RIGHT?????!!!!" The underlying message is almost the same. The expected results are exactly the same in both. Yet, just one of the two is likely to yield the expected result, while the other will just end up backfiring and is likely to start a mud sling contest. A rule of thumb is, avoid any messages that blame someone else for anything at all. "We got ganked because X did/didn't Y" "We died because X didn't stun" "They got baron because X was not here/didn't TP" That usually does more harm than good. Another thing, it is a great idea to avoid stuff of the likes of "X reported/ X muted". It is useless, the only effect that it has is to stir up more negative reactions, and, in the case of report calling, it IS actually considered to be toxic behaviour. EDIT: I wrote all of this before reading your edit. I was about to write how bad that it actually is to "boss" people around, and scrapped it because I found it a moot point. But in your case, it actually is relevant, seeing your third game chatlogs. Avoid going: Lee Gank Gank NOW But try instead: They are ahead, we need a gank to turn the pressure The minions are almost always frozen at our tower, you should be able to get a successful gank here
: How did you find your "Main" Champion?
Ready for a long story? You might end up asleep at the end =P For me, my old main is Sona, my current one is Leona. And it has nothing to do with Lore (dislike both of them) nor looks (Yeah, Sona might have big ones... but still, started using arcade skin as early as I could, which have a lack of them, so they weren't the reason why I liked Sona at all^^) And if anyone had told me to main Leona before I picked her up, I would have responded with something of the likes of: "hu uh, no way! Are you crazy? Do you want me to start loosing almost all of my games because of her??? There is no way I will ever, in my whole life, play her!!!!" I tell you later why I thought so^^ But anyway, at the very start I picked up on Ashe, and it was the champion I used for my first year or so. That on itself was already weird since, in MMRPG's, I usually go for more supportive classes, more importantly, those with heals. But even so, my very first few purchases were mostly some kind of ADC's (Varus, Cait). But I never really had that great of a sucess on any of them^^' Then came the day where I had enough IP for a new champ. And decided to not fight my urges anymore, and get some kind of supportive/healing champion. (I don't know why I didn't pick her instead, but am I happy that I didn't go with Soraka, would have been too boring ><) While browsing for champions, Sona picked my interest: an heal, a stun, different buffs to different stats (it was before rework), debuffs (slow and damage reduction). Hey, what doesn't she have??? Bought her right there. The only IP I spend that I ended up never regretting. Believe me, at some point, for Leona, I did regret spending the IP xD Anyway, Sona worked out pretty well for me. I wasn't having tons of success, but she was fun and easy enough. But still, always started with and maxed heal first^^' Even so, the real fun part started just later when I changed my playstyle a bit. Go into brush, come out and AA someone then hide in bush again before enemy can attack back, rinse and repeat (I don't know what kind of elo I was on, but expect it to have been low Silver or bronze, not really weird that it worked well). Don't ask me why, but I had way too much fun with it. it's basic and dumb, but loved it xD But in an attempt at getting even more obnoxious with that playstyle, I found out about Sona's AA reset. I went crazy with the AA>Q>AA>Brush. New levels of euphoria were found. Good-Ol-Times =D (Don't even know why Lichbane never was my first purchase though, It took me way too long to really learn about Sheen's synergy with Sona^^' Was way too focused on mana regen and CDR at those times^^) Well, because of that discovery and because of the experience I was slowly getting over 1-2 years, I started getting matched against better and better players. And as a result, I was getting destroyed in lane more and more often, mostly because of bad positioning and because of my overaggressive playstyle. I was pretty much a "always in your face" kinda Sona, which just gets CC'ed to death at each corner. At the some point, assassins, mostly Zed, was going rampant. Thus, I started being forced to go a little more tanky than your usual Sona. Not full tank, duh. Actually, my sister at some point started calling me a "crazy frontline Sona" even before I started buying more tanky items! But there was someone else who was pretty strong during that Zed meta. Yup, it was SHE. Leona. She was so meta that it became almost sure that I would face her every match. I despised her because I knew that I would die over and over and over again >< And that at almost every single match. It became almost a nightmare >< So, finally, out of frustration, I did something I hadn't done up to that point! YES I DID IT I started reading guides about Sona. I was not giving up on her that easily >.> But doing just that might have been the reason which made me go over the edge and stop playing Sona a bit later^^' All guides at that time said how the Leona/Sona matchup was so heavily skewed towards Leona. One in particular, mentioned how Leona is way better than Sona in every single way. Ult: Higher range, lower cooldown. CC: hey, it' a freaking Leona... Tankyness: well, yeah, obvious who wins here. Sustain: Sona might have heals for days. But burst beats sustain >.< So yeah, that guide kinda made me go search for another champion. One who could deal with both Zed and Leona. (I don't know how I didn't pick up on Morgana >< luckily, I didn't^^) I think it isn't a spoiler that I went Leona. But at that time it wasn't that obvious that I should pick her up. There was still a big hurdle that I had to overcome to play her. She is melee. Up to that point, I had played just 2 melee champions, just two matches as melee. Always from free rotation. Yup, I avoided melees like the pest =P The reason for that is that those 2 times I played melee, it went really bad. My second LoL game ever was on a melee champion. My first one on a ranged champion was already pretty bad. My second one went so horribly, that I had promised myself to never ever play melee in my life^^' Don't remember anymore what exactly happened in that match, but seeing how scarred it left me, I can imagine what went on^^' So yeah, good luck getting me to play a melee support seeing how I had no experience at all on them even though I had played the game for few years already. At least I bought Leona, just couldn't bring myself to actually pick her in a match. That is, until I entered a match where I enemy had picked Sona before me in a draft. "yeah, let's pick Leona. That matchup shouldn't be difficult anyway. I mean, I just need to jump on Sona over and over again, and kill her over and over again. Just do exactly what they did to you and you're fine!" Surprisingly, that match made me actually change my mind and made me play Leona of my own volition in future matches! The result of the match? I don't remember exactly anymore. I just know that I lost lane pretty hard. Even extremely hard. It is very likely I lost the match because of it xD I was simply baffled at how I, the one controlling Leona, was so easily destroyed by a Sona, even though, my past experiences showed that I should have been the one winning like crazy, the Sona should have been the one with a crazy high death toll, not me. I might have been jealous, too =P But that match kinda fired me up. I had a new goal. Get way better on Leona and become the nightmare to enemy Sona's, exactly how Leona's were to me before! But very quickly, I started seeing how well Leona's playstyle fits me. Do you remember how I said that I was a "in your face" kinda player on Sona. Or a "crazy frontline Sona"? Doesn't that sound more like a Leona, who likes to go close and personal with enemy champs?^^ It's true that Leona is lacking the AA>Q>>AA annoyance of a Sona, but I swapped with another poke pattern on Leona. Nah, not dreaming. I really just did say that I would poke with Leona. E>Q then run away with W active. There is the reason which made me die alot in my early matches xD That became an habit which would become very difficult to get rid off. For real, Leona was the champ which taught me patience and discipline in this game >.< Was way too used to just go in, in and in whenever possible, meaning, always xD ________ Well, today I can't imagine playing LoL without Leona around. I mean, she is the only champion I can feel comfortable on while playing. In all other champions, I feel stressed in one way or another. Even on Sona! Heck, I even feel better playing Leona vs Morgana over playing any other matchup without Leona >< And a few months after Leona, I started buying melee champions. Still having mixed results on them, though^^' And I tried going for ADC's once again too (just Jinx though), thing that I didn't really do anymore after I bought Sona. Actually, a long time ago, my sister had support as her secondary role. She played Leona and Sona when supporting. The thing was, even though Sona was the worst of the two picks for her, she still was better than me on my own Sona. At some point I told her jokingly: "uh, you are better on Sona than me??? Just wait for it, one day I'll surpass you on your Leona then." When I said that, I wasn't really expecting that to happen at any time in the future xD Anyway, good memories, does feel good to mention all of this once again =D What? You want to know if I was able to reach my goal of becoming the world's Sona's worst nightmare? =) Let's just put it this way: Today, when I'm in a Leona/Sona matchup, it doesn't really matter who I am of the two, the matchup seems to tilt one very specific way... I'm most likely in trouble ;)
: How do you play a lane you can't be in?
If you play against a Tryndamere who is so fed that you can't even risk to stay at XP range, then just leave lane and try to get gold elsewhere (Jungle) and ward. Maybe even try to gank other lanes, just beware to not unintentionally feed other lanes, since you are underfed and weak. And yes, leave, even if that means that he will be able to take the tower. In such a case it is better to let that happen because it might open up your options. If he already got your outter turret, and he isn't in lane, push out the lane up to the point where you are comfortable doing so. Usually that is up to the middle of the map or up to your destroyed tower. Only push to his tower if you have vision of him and he is far away. If he shows up in your lane, just leave (go jungle, ward or gank other lanes). Before he is able to reach your inner tower, try to coordinate a gank with your jungle or mid (maybe even both). If the gank is successful (making him leave lane low health and no deaths, that is already a success), just push out lane, as before. Rinse and repeat. If, for any reason, they don't come help you and you are pushed to the same situation as before at your inner tower, where trynda could just dive you and kill you, then just leave and let him take tower. Do the same as before (jungle, ward or gank other lanes). The thing is, in such cases, even if you stay, he would kill you then get tower. Without you there, at least he isn't able to get extra gold from champions kills. Once inner tower is down, just rinse and repeat. But if at this point, none of your team-mates comes help you... then it's lost... Even when he is at your inhib tower and you think he can easily dive and kill you, then just leave. Go mid. ______________________ Anyway, if in any of those cases he leaves your lane to go push mid or bot, you have to carefully think about going matching him in that lane. If your lane isn't pushed to at least your destroyed, outter tower, then push it. If you feel confident enough push up to tower. But once it is at tower, leave and go help another lane. Trying to take down that tower is useless, because you usually won't pushing past that tower even after it's down. And it is your last way to "deny" that trynda some CS. If you need urgently to go help that other lane, if possible, try to at least kill the enemy minions in such a way that the number is equal or lower to the ally minions in your lane. This will start a slow push towards Tryns tower, and deny him huge number of CS unless he goes back to lane in time. Just take all of my advices with a grain of salt. I'm in no way an experienced player(am just silver, so yeah, so much about that =P), and I do have more than enough issues playing top in general^^ EDIT: This should apply to most other champs too
Kurotsu (EUW)
: If you had to be ulted in real life...
Well, I think it would be fine to get ulted by Sona. I just wouldn't like to be close to Elise when she ults (arachnophobia =P)
Not xPeke (EUW)
: Sorry if I intrude but since you guys are talking about mods and what not.. I actually had a mod (don't remember the name) interrupt a pretty heated argument I had with another player on the boards a long time ago. It was basically a warning telling us that he/she didn't want to have to act on it, so if we didn't dial it back a little he'd have to remove comments or suspend/ban us, etc. And I actually have tremendous respect for that, they probably don't even know how much respect I have for that. I was unaware of how petty and useless the discussion between me and this other player had become in the heat of the moment. I found really interesting and nice to realise that the mods don't just ban or delete comments when they can, they are like any other player posting on the boards. They know how it is, we're human. Which brings me to my point. How come have I never witnessed them say anything to the people we've been discussing about in this whole thread? Even the smallest examples that you gave yourself of how not constructive some comments are, like: "Hah, another stupid flamer got perma. Good ridance.". That player should be made aware that that attitude helps no one and should not be encouraged on the boards. I've seen them interfere in other unrelated arguments, just never in situations like the ones we've been describing. I know it's not their job per say, but it just confuses me how they had the time to do a similar thing in my case (and I'm glad they did, they were totally right and it actually helped me), yet they fail to do so again and again with the players that we've been talking about.
To that I have 2 points: 1) Time. As everyone else, they have just limited time, so they have to prioritize what they do. In that kind of threads, helping the person who got banned takes priority. Those with the snarky or passive aggressive remarks end up being ignored because of it. If a volu does it, it's from their own volition and from their own freetime. But well, even responding to the banned player comes from their free time... Actually, volunteers don't have to be active on the boards at all. They can be still volunteers and never post anything, as long as they do something with volu's projects, or so. That puts the volu's who actually are active on the in a bit of pressure^^' This is actually the reason why they sometimes recruit random people who are active on the boards instead of going for recruit forms^^ 2) Just a little idea I came up with while writing this reply. What if, by avoiding to reply to such messages, their goal is actually to avoid unnecessary confrontations? I mean, it takes already some kind of special person to write those unneeded messages. Most of the time, responding the them won't yield any better answers back^^ "Hah, another stupid flamer got perma. Good ridance." "Hey, hey, Let's not go that far. Try to help him instead. Explain to him what exactly is toxic in his chatlog" "Help a toxic player? Nah, forget about it, let him just whine in his corner like the kid he is / Explain to him? lmao if he can't see that what he said is toxic, then he never will. He should just leave, it's better"
: > Actually, how would you know if someone else didn't get banned in that thread? If you tell me that you looked at their OP.GG/match history, you deserve a slap =P The other person didn't get banned because his comment didn't get removed. And if he got banned he would have been banned for other reasons not the one I am pointing. > Soo, you explicitly said that you don't think that he deserves a report, yet you expect him to get punished by mods. Those are Kinda contradicting messages^^' To me it matters not, but that doesn't mean that a mod has to stay quiet in this. If the person did this without the presence of a Mod, I would have no problem, I would or wouldn't report him depending on my mood. But when the mod doesn't take any action it just clearly shows the _**Hypocrisy and bias**_. I had a great discussion with him, though I might not agree with him. But I was waiting for him to take action at that, not that because I in any way wanted to get the other person punished but just so that it shows he was unbiased, not tilted from the conversation and still able to do his duties as a mod. > Oh, and one thing more, not every volunteer/emmissary has moderators right^^ From my understanding, just a minority is. And in the case of Shiwah specifically, I can't tell if she was/is one. Sorry, you are trying to justify it but it can not be justified. If some one doesn't have powers as a mod, he at-least has power to report no? He can reply to the same comment but cannot report it? He chose not to report it. Now I assure you if I had done the same thing in that thread I would have gotten insta-banned. And just to show how hard is the bias, I got banned for the following comment. > wow nice assumption, again let me remind you what I stated this was a year ago. So now you are saying that, somehow magically after your statement I would get banned with a level 4 honored and a level 3 honored account? Hmmm, 1 year is a pretty long duration for not getting your wish, wouldn't you agree? Nvm, that requires thinking don't reply that question. This was probably 9 days from now. I know it was passive aggressive, but it is a reply. The guy was baiting me to get banned from boards. I assumed that after I got the punishment since no one else was visiting that thread and he was the only one replying and reporting. His comments were: > Ahh, you are great. Really gave me a chuckle. Glad to see you banned! Given your attitude I assume it won&#x27;t take long until you&#x27;re banned again. So carry on. This is also being offensive wouldn't you agree? Being happy at some one's else loss. Now the OP is also raising this issue which is legit. He has also felt the bias in-justice and hypocrisy that is why he made this thread.
That with the deleted message is a good point. It is true that I can't think of any board punishment which doesn't lead to a deletion or at the very least, a redaction by the mod. Even when said punishment is just a warning. ______ To be honest, I still think that it is possible that the mod/volunteers just didn't see the message you were quoting from. I myself, had actually to start search for it, since I didn't know where it came from. If Shiwah didn't get it too, and didn't find the message in question, then yours would look somewhat random, borderline insulting (in the end, out of context, that message does look like you called someone r*tarded) My guess is, because of your message, the mods had a little chat and decided not to do anything to you because of it (while completely unaware of PlsNo), but that they would be a bit more heavy at your next transgression. Maybe they had even your name in some kind of list. Then came your conversation with that other guy. You got reported by it and mods get to see it in their moderation page. They check your past history (in which the message from before stands out like a sore thumb), see the note about needing to be more strict with you, and BAM... you get banned. For that one last conversation, I'm guessing that they punished you because it looked like you were trying to provoke the other user. (remembered that possibility because of Not xPeke's story) I'm guessing that they said had that too in the copy pasted notification you got with the deletion of your messages. ______ In the end, this is all jut guesses. I would still advise you to just open a discussion with the goal to ask what exactly happened there, and the why's you got punished. At least that way, you could have peace of mind and maybe even clear up possible misunderstandings. Just beware, you could end up 1v9ing volunteers in that discussion (if you get what I mean^^)
Declined (EUNE)
: Hey Estti379! Long time no see, this was a temporary glitch which was rectified pretty fast, hopefully this didn't cause too much of an issue for you :(
Hey declined =D Oh, yes, it did. I was a whole hour without boards D= Dunno how I survived that xD
: > [{quoted}](name=Estti379,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=w6ZfhmXZ,comment-id=00000000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-05T15:35:52.566+0000) > > Boards moderators have no access to support tickets anyway. So, sending a support ticket to report a boards user is kinda useless in case of small transgressions (Support will just tell you to use the report function and do nothing else). In case of small transgressions we do not even report the post ... it is a slow moving board anyway ... > In case of a bigger transgression, moderators would react way faster, because the support team would need to go through their backchannels to reach the moderators. well they don't, read my posts ... even PORN was posted on the forum and we had to make a ticket, what else do you need to understand that our localized forum suffers from poor moderation .?. :p > Reread: > > (And yes, I&#x27;m aware of the trolling part...) and yes, it wasn't just profanity and swear words in general, but it was profanity targeted towards specific members ... at some point we even had topics where a specific forum member was attack IN THE TITLE and the moderators ignored the whole thing (even if the topic lasted for a week, went 100+ replies and half the replies and the topic were reported via the in-forum system repeateadly). They just don't do their jobs and if you knew Greek, I'd have gladly posted links to prove it ...
Wait, were you talking about the greek boards from the beginning? Because if yes, that changes alot >< In the end, there are different volunteer teams for each board. And it is possible that a specific team is just too small to be able to handle stuff in a timely manner. I actually did hear that some boards had very big moderation issues because of lack of manpower and/or motivation, not sure if it was the greek, one. Anyway, everything I'm talking about is very specific about the euw/eune english ones. They are the only I know enough about.
Rismosch (EUW)
: Log off, log in. If that doesn't work, wait a few minutes, maybe hours. Sometimes you need to wait a day. Either way, it won't stay like that forever.
Weirdly enough, it looks like it is fine now >< Ty for the help, tough^^
Rioter Comments
RLXQ (EUW)
: Perma banned without a single curse. Even got tilt-proof honor from top laner . Here's the chat log
The thing is, with each punished tiers, you need less and less games in which you are toxic for the system to give you the permaban. After a 14-day ban, the system is ruthless and doesn't need much to pull the trigger. Well, you still need to be toxic, though. Indeed, It does happen a few times that players get permabanned a few matches after their 14 day ban ended. It's normal and intended. Riot has learned from past data that people who don't start reforming after a 14-day ban are very unlikely to reform at all. >Perma banned without a single curse Cursing is allowed. You don't get banned for just cursing, swearing, or use vulgar language.
: Now I urge you to please not report any comment from this thread. This thread had 3 mods in reply (my assumption, since no one seems to be putting on the green hood these days), out of which one was the most active. To skip all the BS, expand the comments down CTRL F and search **_PlsNo_** on this [thread](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/im7Ez4Bn-honor-level-3-and-about-banning) and follow that string. It's a month old thread and no other person has been banned for commenting on this other than me. It is true that I was banned for 1 day on my thread, replying to passive aggression with passive aggression. I haven't reported any one on this thread, just to show the hypocrisy.
(Side note: Any colored name from volunteers is disabled on the PB boards here in euw/eune. Not sure if that was clarified in that thread.) Actually, how would you know if someone else didn't get banned in that thread? If you tell me that you looked at their OP.GG/match history, you deserve a slap =P >Btw, I don't get deeply offended by this kind of people, the reason I didn't reported any of his comments. Soo, you explicitly said that you don't think that he deserves a report, yet you expect him to get punished by mods. Those are Kinda contradicting messages^^' Regardless, I still think that reporting the message was the better option. In the end, it is still possible that none of the mods actually saw the message you were quoting from. You didn't link to it and it could have gotten hidden, making it very unlikely that they could have seen it. Oh, and one thing more, not every volunteer/emmissary has moderators right^^ From my understanding, just a minority is. And in the case of Shiwah specifically, I can't tell if she was/is one. That message specifically didn't get you banned, right? I'm guessing it were the few deleted messages that came weeks after. Anyway, you could always open a discussion and ask why such behaviour wasn't taken care of (even though, I'm expecting a "it wasn't reported, so we didn't see it"). Just make sure to avoid transgressing the "naming and shaming" rules.
: > Even when a mod is active in your thread, it doesn't mean that he will read every single reply posted there by every single user. He replied to his comment before. And since the English of the abuser was really bad, I reworded his comments to reply the same mod, just to highlight the hypocrisy. He just didn't bother to ban because I was opposing his opinions on the matter. Do you want a link for the thread? I will be glad to, though its a cluster fk, The thread it self might be useless but the discussion in the comment section is really great.
Go for it^^ That is better than simply argue based on guesses, when I could give my opinion on a very specific case. Just keep in mind that I might be slightly biased towards the mods^^'
: Premade trolls reporting legit players (and actually managing a penalty).
Glurch already told you quite alot, but I just want to add a little thing in there. In case of punishments for toxic behaviour, way more than just one game is needed for the automated system to give out punishments. Even when you got reported for toxic behaviour, and the system itself found you were toxic, it still won't punish you unless you were flagged as toxic in a good percentage of your **RECENT** matches. In the end, as a result of your lengthy, complete and information packed ... title ... I can't even tell for what you got punished, so it is possible that what I told you before doesn't even apply to you... Anyway, mind sharing a few more information packed titles with us, so that we can maybe help you out?^^
: He isn't targeting any single person, he is explaining what he has experienced through out the boards. Where as people who are toxic on boards make direct statements against people who start those threads. Mod's tend to look the other way against the harassers when the thread starter opposes their view and yes I have been a part of that. A person should not need to click the report button in the presence of Mod when he is already continuously replying to your arguments, he chooses not to act just because of disagreement. It just shows the hypocrisy of mods and the boards. Happened to me last year, happens now and then as well.
>A person should not need to click the report button in the presence of Mod when he is already continuously replying to your arguments Even when a mod is active in your thread, it doesn't mean that he will read every single reply posted there by every single user. So, it is very likely that they will miss some stuff. Reporting transgressing messages is still by far the best way to react. At least that way, the reported message will get highlighted in their "moderation page" (I doubt that there is any highlight for moderators simply surfing through the boards) If you don't report transgressing messages and no mods stumble upon them by themselves, it's very likely that nothing will be done about said message...
: why would anyone care about someone who made the game worse for some people with his behaviour? all i see in this game is childish behaviours and people with serious issues , the game is not their home or friends to curse as they like and if they dont follow the rules they will get punished because they ruined the game experience for someone else who wasnt at fault. at my responses to threads here im cynical and i just state the things as they are why would i must sympathize with flamers or w/e trash people? sorry but the truth is no one gives a dime about the account of a flamer or an uneducated person who rages in a game. i can agree with the laugh part but hardly ever ive seen people here laugh at those threads they just give them the reality which they refuse 90% of the game and they insist they didnt flame.
>sorry but the truth is no one gives a dime about the account of a flamer or an uneducated person who rages in a game. I'll have to disagree here. People do actually care about it. They have different reasons for it, though. I myself (when I do engage in such threads) have as goal to explain them how the system works or what kind of behaviour got them punished and why it is that way. I don't really care if they get punished over and over again, though. In the end, if those toxic players keep being toxic, they will just create more and more unfun matches until they decide to stop playing. On the other hand, I don't care if the most toxic player in the world is playing without being punished, as long as he doesn't show any bad behaviour ingame... The thing is, with people being extremely disrespectful and insulting to him in his "I got banned thread", that will just reinforce and affirm his wrong perception of the playerbase and of his punishement. (OMG, I was not toxic at all and I get punished. These people on the board are toxic towards me, and riot does nothing! LoL has the most unfair punishment system and the most toxic community ever) And on top of that, it will make it more difficult to get that player to hear what helpful people are telling him and try to change his mind. I mean, how can you expect a toxic player to hear out a board user who tells him that calling his teammates "thrash, stupid, or idiot" is what got him banned, when at the same time you have other users in his thread who write stuff like: "Hah, another stupid flamer got perma. Good ridance." "This is just riot who is taking the thrash out. Good on them." "Ban deserved. You were the idiot who insulted your teamates. Here is the door, never come back."
ejpon (EUNE)
: I've been told quite many times, that i will get reported for saying something like "%%%% me, that was alot of dmg... "
Nope. Riot already stated that the automated system don't fire up just because of profanity, swears or vulgar language. >While it’s true that the system punishes toxicity, it actually doesn’t punish profanity -- not even vulgar words that belong to the in-game culture [305, 548] -- but it concentrates on both common and culture-related malicious or insulting phrases [259, 305, 353]. According to Riot, thanks to it there was a drastic reduction of racist, homophobic and sexist remarks, accompanied by a rise of common profanity, such as “%%%%” or “shit” [304]. >[>source<](http://en.volu-eu.org/pbkb_general_user_view.php?art=7)
: > [{quoted}](name=Estti379,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=w6ZfhmXZ,comment-id=000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2017-09-03T20:57:39.701+0000) > > Neither in-game nor on the boards do you get punished for simply using profanity, swears or vulgar language. > Unless you are going against other rules with your swearing/vulgar language. For example, insulting another board user (&quot;You are a little %%%%%&quot;), or excessive swearing (Every fourth word in your post is a &quot;f*ck&quot;) > > [Universal Boards Rules](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/announcements-en/3eWpXbJi-universal-boards-rules-updated-27-04-16#Trolling) > I think those are the most recent. as I said, ALL that users posts contained profanity and trolling ... if the moderators need a week and a support ticket each time to spot people like that, then it is them who should read the "board rules" ...
Boards moderators have no access to support tickets anyway. So, sending a support ticket to report a boards user is kinda useless in case of small transgressions (Support will just tell you to use the report function and do nothing else). In case of a bigger transgression, moderators would react way faster, because the support team would need to go through their backchannels to reach the moderators. And to be honest, I don't know how it is right now, but usually the english euw/eune boards moderators take care of reported messages pretty quickly. 2 days max, was for how long a message could end up being unattended, and even for that to happen, something would need to go very wrong (Too many reports that moderator team can't handle, a few days/week where too many moderators aren't active). >ALL that users posts contained profanity Reread: >Neither in-game nor on the boards do you get punished **for simply using profanity, swears or vulgar language**. >Unless you are going against other rules with your swearing/vulgar language. For example, insulting another board user ("You are a little %%%%%"), or excessive swearing (Every fourth word in your post is a "f*ck") (And yes, I'm aware of the trolling part...)
MikiCMA (EUNE)
: I need help with a player.
Players get punished only for repeat offences. That goes for you and for Gragras, too. If you were punished but Gragras wasn't, that just means that you were toxic in way too many recent matches. Gragras on the other hand wasn't. But, if he keeps being toxic in too many of his next matches, he is very likely to get punished, too. If he was just toxic in that game and no more in the future, he won't get punished at all^^'
Not xPeke (EUW)
: it's much more lenient on here than it is in game. I mean, I've done my fair of discussions/arguments turned bad on the boards and nothing has happened to me yet. I doubt a player making a joke at the expense of a punished player or bullying them will actually be perma banned.
Permaban on the boards is a thing. I already heard of people having several accounts permabanned on the boards (boasting about it even...). If an account is permabanned ingame, that account still can use the boards. Being permabanned on the boards has no effect on their ability to play the game. And it is normal that riot is way more lenient on the boards than they are in-game. In the end, they have different reasons for being pretty strict in-game: there, toxic behaviour heavily affects the fun of the players. This isn't really the case for the boards, so they don't need to keep the boards that "sterile". In the end, I'm not defending people who harass or mock others. That is actually against the boards rules. And it is manually handled by the boards moderators (so keep reporting the bully's^^) Maybe this will convince you; I know for a fact that the boards moderators keep track (and a list) of people misbehaving here. And the moderators are almost in a daily basis talking with each other about troublemakers. They give a warning, than harsher punishments for repeat offenders.
: > [{quoted}](name=Suptra,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=w6ZfhmXZ,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2017-09-03T17:15:07.266+0000) > > you can still report people on boards and they can get permanent banned from posting so you should consider just report them :P No, they rarely do ... you have to cross a million lines to manage that ... I have TICKET reported THREE TIMES someone that used profanity constantly and ALL his posts were just trolling and swearing and he just kept coming back after a while ...
>someone that used profanity constantly and ALL his posts were just [...] swearing... Neither in-game nor on the boards do you get punished for simply using profanity, swears or vulgar language. Unless you are going against other rules with your swearing/vulgar language. For example, insulting another board user ("You are a little %%%%%"), or excessive swearing (Every fourth word in your post is a "f*ck") [Universal Boards Rules](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/announcements-en/3eWpXbJi-universal-boards-rules-updated-27-04-16#Trolling) I think those are the most recent.
: Interesting, the page is most likely not updated. I remember some time ago there was a volunteer project compiling everything about league and making a wiki, i remember reading there about report value and riot confirming it being gone. Also dont take me calling you an unreliable source personally, i agree with your post and should have used a milder term i guess.
>there was a volunteer project compiling everything about league and making a wiki That's where I got the first source from^^' http://en.volu-eu.org/pbkb_general_user_view.php?art=36 And don't mind that with the "unreliable source" thing. I was tired and it made me kinda salty. I actually somewhat regret what I did write >.>
: Everyone is always supposed to be fake-nice and praise Riot no-matter-what
>No, if anyone attemps at saying something against Riot, ever, all the good gold+ players come to rescue their baby by acting "mature" and all-knowing...well, okay. Let's maybe see that from a slightly different perspective. Imagine someone who post some kind of criticism towards riot here on the boards. You will have two kind of peoples who visit that thread: 1) Those who agree with the OP, leave a like and leave again. Just very few of them will actually leave a post because they have something extra to add, or their own story to tell. 2) You have those who disagree. Those are way more likely to tell the OP how their criticism is flawed and tell them their arguments. That might be why it looks like most people here on the boards are "riot fanboys". Just keep in mind, it is true the other way around. Someone post a thread praising Riot's matchmaking. People who agree like it then leave. Then those who disagree will make sure to show you examples of how matchmaking fails miserably. Really, in the end, it's just a question of perspective. As a side note, riot does endorse any kind of criticism that is thrown their way, even those which are underserved or accompanied by vulgar language (cursing, calling riot, the company, names, they just don't allow it when harassment is thrown towards individuals)
: Anyone saying false reports get thrown away and mentions report value is an unreliable source of information. Riot has confirmed multiple times that report value was removed with introduction of instant feedback system and every report triggers an investigation.
Wasn't aware of that. But just found confirmation for both statements... >There's no such thing as report value. >Reports trigger reviews of the game. > [>>source<<](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/t4INpYH4-i-have-heard-that-saying-ggez-is-against-the-tos?comment=000300000000000000000001) and >Also, players who consistently make false reports against others diminishes the value of that player's report and renders them meaningless. > [>>source<<](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/207489286-Instant-Feedback-System-FAQ-) The Rioter one is more recent. The support page is slightly more official. Pick you poison, I guess? Anyway, if you got more concrete sources, I would really appreciate if you could link me to them^^ Anyway, even when I mention report value, I always say that a report always triggers an investigation regardless. I always thought that the "report value" thing would be only important for the "voting system" I mentioned before. That the self-learning machine would give less weigh or completely ignore the data fed to it from players with low report value. ________ >Anyone saying false reports get thrown I never said that. ever. I just say that the automated system ignore invalid reports. And how does it find that it is an invalid report? By investigating the reported player. ________ But anyway, I (might have) got something wrong. Kudos for you to point it out, I really appreciate that. Still, isn't it a bit harsh to tell that I'm an unreliable source of information just because of one error? Because if we hold you to the same standards, then you are an unreliable source of information, too. You claim this: >Riot has confirmed multiple times that report value was **removed with introduction of instant feedback system** Yet, the support page I linked in this comment, which mentions the report value, is a FAQ about the instant feedback system. That alone, kinda contradicts you claim.
Mìmo (EUNE)
: "Actually, he is right" ? What part? You just confirmed what I wrote and then "he is right" XD ,he wrote with only getting honors u can get lv 1-0 but he did not say if u get report or anything , and my part: "u can not drop to lv1 or 0 if u get honors ONLY IF u get reports uou are misinformed a lot .." {{summoner:3}} first read all then reply
>Actually, he is right, but depends on how one interprets what he said. And my interpretation of what he said is something of the lines of: "It is possible to get lvl 1/0 **even though** you are getting a honor every single match. He actually didn't say "you can get lvl 0/1 **because** you are getting honor each game." He never stated for what reason a player who is getting honored each game could get a lvl 1/0. (You and I were the only ones stating anything of the likes) But, again, not sure if reports alone are enough, I haven't read anything about it yet. I thought that punishments (chat restrictions + 14 day ban) are the only way to drop lvl's.
: Presenting the EU Boards Discord!
Mìmo (EUNE)
: " Just playing a game in general without getting reported/punished is more important than actually getting honoured" -It is important but u cant get lv 4 or 5 without honors only lv 3 "You can always get honour yet not level up or even get demoted to lvl 1/0 " Really .. so if i get honor in every game i can drop to lv 0 .... U are one funny guy xD u can not drop to lv1 or 0 if u get honors only if u get reports you are misinformed a lot .. {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
>"You can always get honour yet not level up or even get demoted to lvl 1/0 " Really .. so if i get honor in every game i can drop to lv 0 .... U are one funny guy xD u can not drop to lv1 or 0 if u get honors only if u get reports uou are misinformed a lot .. Actually, he is right, but depends on how one interprets what he said. I can't neither confirm nor deny if reports have any direct effect on the honor levelling process, but punishments definitively have one. It is possible for a player who gets a honor each game to get lvl 1 IF, and only IF, that player gets a punishments for toxic behaviour.
: Use sugar.
Sugar isn't the opposite of salt, it doesn't work that way D=
: i'm not a casual player like you i get account a get high ranks then i give them away but this thing honor doesn't help
>i get account a get high ranks then i give them away Wait, did you just say that you boost and sell/share accounts or did I misunderstand something?O.o I hope it is the latter >.>
Enjutsu (EUNE)
: You just give one sided arguments and don't accept when someone disagrees and once someone disagrees you jsut go on personal attacks.
>Yes which is based purely on wins and loses How is that a problem? In the end, it's a number which roughly estimates how likely... What the heck, I think I already told you this somewhere else. Take this COPY/PASTE: >Actually, one metric only is used when pairing players together: MMR. And MMR is affected only by one thing: your ability to win/loose games. MMR doesn't reflect the how's and why's a player is winning/loosing matches. It just reacts to the player wins and losses. >On it's own, MMR does and says nothing. But if you compare the MMR of 2 players, then you can get some statistical information concerning those 2 players. If the 2 players have a similar MMR, then the match should be pretty even, both players having a 50% chance of winning. If the players have different MMR, the player with Higher MMR is more likely to win. The more their MMR differs, the more likely the Higher MMR player is to win. >This is all the matchmaking system needs top create what it thinks is a even match
Fesskey (EUW)
: Banns out of proportion and possible system fixes/reworks
Humpel already mentioned it, but I wanted to go deeper into an example. >One more stupid thing about the report system is, that it doesnt takes reports over games played but reports over time. >X plays 50 games per week and gets reported in 2 out of these. Y plays 5 games per week with the same report rate. That is completely wrong. It would work more like this: X plays 50 games per day and gets reported in 2 out of these. Y plays 1 games per year and got reported in 3 out of his 5 last games. X gets 2 reports each day, Y doesn't even get one per year... (I'll go by the fact that the reports are valid. Invalid reports have no effect on you at all) Y is waaaaaayyyyy more likely to get any kind of punishment. But chances are good that the system needs a bit more games where Y misbehaves before it gives Y his punishments. ____________________ >Obviously it would make more sense to bann people which insult other players personally, being racistic or hompohobic. Nobody cares about being called "%%%%%%ed" or "idiot" on the internet. Isn't a players who calls a teammate "%%%%%%ed" or "idiot" insulting that other player personally? Anyway, i know that I'm being redundant here, that you mean "those insults aren't that bad" or something in those lines. But let me show another point of view: League is a game (duh, captain obvious), and most players play league for fun, to have a good time. But then you have a player in your team who starts being obnoxious towards you. He doesn't use any heavy insults. He just points out all of your mistakes, calls you the worst player EUW, that you should uninstall, sell your account and skins, that you don't deserve to play LoL at all. And he does that throughout the whole game. Wouldn't that make you fell frustrated and somewhat shitty? Wouldn't you be like"why should I even start a new match just to get scolded by a toxic little kid how bad that I actually am..."? Or be like "LoL community is the most toxic and cancer inducing there has ever be. F*ck this game. I quit." Meaning, even behaviour that is just "moderately toxic" can turn off players. Making them stop playing for the day/week or more. Making them having less fun or none at all while playing the game. In the end, it is obvious to be very harsh with people who write racist and homophobic stuff in chat. But it still makes sense to warn and punish people who are being obnoxious towards other players. _____________ >Do you really think, every player who writes a report for verbal abuse is offended? They write because they want the other player to be banned, not because they are offended.... I will admit that you are right with what you say. Most People report others with the wish that they get banned. But as you were already told, the system ignores false reports. Heck, it does even detoriate the report value of players who mis-use the report function without them even noticing. And a invalid report will very unlikely lead to a punishment (hiccups do happen rarely). Anyway, the report function has today 2 main functions: 1) It's a way for players to call the attention of riot towards specific people who are misbehaving. Riots systems will then look at the game and judge if the reported player really was misbehaving or not. 2) Reports are some sort of way for the player base to "vote". That is the main way that the community has to vote for behaviour that they do not tolerate and that they would like being removed from the game. For toxic behaviour, if a majority of the people who meet a specific kind of behaviour, report the player who enacted that behaviour, the automated system will pick that up ("learn it") and start punishing people for it in future instances. So yeah, it's us, the players, who choose what kind of behaviour gets people banned =P I always bring up this anecdote when talking about this: In Korea, the automated system learned really quickly to punish people who say something of the likes of "I hope your mom is doing well." (This is considered rude in Korea, it's akin to say "I hope something bad happens to your mother") _______________ About your example with Brand... Do you consider what he did really trolling or some sort of intentional feeding? Because, from my perspective, he did just bad choices; he tried plays which he truly thought would work out but ended up to his disadvantage. _____________ And finally, about that Orianna ban. To get a 14 day ban you need to show toxic behaviour in a good percentage of your recent games and you need to go through 2 types of chat-restriction before that which need even more games. For that Orianna to get the 14 day ban, that would mean that she is a chronic toxic player, and not a "one time thing because of work stress" toxic player. In the end, riots systems are generally lenient and fair (contrary to your belief). Just as information: Only 5% of the whole LoL community ever gets the first chat restriction. Only less than 0.1% of players will ever get a perma ban because of toxic behaviour. Yet, way, way more than just 5% of the playerbase got validly reported for toxic behaviour. They just aren't toxic in a huge percentage of their recent games for the systems to do anything. The system really is very lenient. Even more so for the "one time thing because of work stress" kinda toxic player^^
Show more

Estti379

Level 33 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion