: no its not a free pass but i got a premaban boom just like that after behaving well for 1 year? i personaly would think a 2 week ban would have been more fair and it would remind me of how to behave again because now i am just frustrated. because i see this as bullshit, it may not be it but to me it seems like it and so for that i may just get more mad and just jump on another account and do the same insted of actualy lerning from it and improving my behavior
> [{quoted}](name=Ta Og Heng Deg,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=hpk4L27Y,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-22T14:51:29.156+0000) > > just like that after behaving well for 1 year? i personaly would think a 2 week ban would have been more fair Well, it looks like you didn't play enough games to show reform.
: Permabanned after 1 year of positivity
> [{quoted}](name=Ta Og Heng Deg,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=hpk4L27Y,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-22T13:58:02.364+0000) > > Game 1 > Ta Og Heng Deg: nah stfu > Ta Og Heng Deg: u suck > Ta Og Heng Deg: so %%%%ing bad > Ta Og Heng Deg: do something other then playing with ur tiny ass %%%% > Ta Og Heng Deg: so %%%%ing trash > Ta Og Heng Deg: and this useless neeko One. *** > [{quoted}](name=Ta Og Heng Deg,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=hpk4L27Y,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-22T13:58:02.364+0000) > > Game 2 > Ta Og Heng Deg: man stfu > Ta Og Heng Deg: okei u are officialy trash twitch > Ta Og Heng Deg: ur bad at the game > Ta Og Heng Deg: not jung > Ta Og Heng Deg: report twith and illaui Two. Less severe than the previous one though. > [{quoted}](name=Ta Og Heng Deg,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=hpk4L27Y,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-22T13:58:02.364+0000) > > Game 3 > Ta Og Heng Deg: motha > Ta Og Heng Deg: fokin > Ta Og Heng Deg: nibba Even if you change some letters, the system can still pick up on ZT (Zero Tolerance) words. *** > [{quoted}](name=Ta Og Heng Deg,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=hpk4L27Y,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-22T13:58:02.364+0000) > > Game 3 > Ta Og Heng Deg: %%% > Ta Og Heng Deg: FOR %%%% SAKE > Ta Og Heng Deg: ez is startiing to do shit > Ta Og Heng Deg: we can win > Ta Og Heng Deg: %%% > Ta Og Heng Deg: %%%% off > Ta Og Heng Deg: useless jungler and mid again Behaving well for X amount of time doesn't give you a free pass for toxicity in the future. Your logs are enough for a chat restriction. The temporary suspension might be because of the "nibba" thing. Feel free to contact [Riot Support](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests) to sort this out, but, either way, you won't be getting away from a punishment.
: so you are saying its fine people wishing for other people to get cancer ? your logic makes no sense and no league is not doing "very well" if you look at what they did high elo at start of the season it made the volume of smurfs much higher in low elo games and yea it is doing quite well in terms of professional esport but that game and the game you and i play are 2 different games they wont even release playerbase numbers anymore ;) tldr: you absolutely make no sense and you are clueless when it comes to how this game thrive
> [{quoted}](name=Catch The Otter,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=votfazJA,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-22T12:58:25.606+0000) > > so you are saying its fine people wishing for other people to get cancer The typical. That's not what he said. He said: > [{quoted}](name=LightOfTheSeven,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=votfazJA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-22T12:22:26.387+0000) > > You think people should not use the word "cancer" > I don't care if someone use this word. Don't try to twist what other people say. It looks bad. *** > [{quoted}](name=Catch The Otter,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=votfazJA,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-22T12:58:25.606+0000) > > if you look at what they did high elo at start of the season it made the volume of smurfs much higher in low elo games If you make a claim like that, you better have some numbers to back it up. As far as I know, there aren't any records of increased smurfing. Anecdotal evidence counts for jack. *** > [{quoted}](name=Catch The Otter,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=votfazJA,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-22T12:58:25.606+0000) > > game and the game you and i play are 2 different games No, it isn't. One of the core values at Riot is to make professional play as close to casual as possible. Sure, the meta might be different, but you're still playing the same game: same maps, champions, items, etc. The core gameplay is the same. *** > [{quoted}](name=Catch The Otter,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=votfazJA,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-22T12:58:25.606+0000) > > they wont even release playerbase numbers anymore ;) So what? We don't need their numbers. We have websites, like [LeagueOfGraphs](https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/builds), that track matches being played **daily**. Those websites aren't funded by Riot. *** > [{quoted}](name=Catch The Otter,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=votfazJA,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-22T12:58:25.606+0000) > > tldr: you absolutely make no sense and you are clueless when it comes to how this game thrive You better look at yourself first. You're the one who is delusional about League's place in the industry.
: bruh why dont you get it even if rito has a list of 100% allowed and disallowed 3rd party tools their general stance still remains they don't want you to use them
> [{quoted}](name=LetMeAfkPlss,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=PFMOoiaO,comment-id=000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-22T01:11:21.292+0000) > > they don't want you to use them Do you think they care if I use Discord instead of their built-in League Voice? They don't. Do you think they care if I use a replay system that isn't their own? They don't. Stop spewing your conspiracies as facts. We know what is allowed and what isn't. Keep your conspiracies for yourself.
: vague general rule everything could get you banned
> [{quoted}](name=LetMeAfkPlss,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=PFMOoiaO,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-21T15:14:39.938+0000) > > vague general rule everything could get you banned It's not vague. I gave you a link with everything laid down for you.
: > [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=000400000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-21T13:26:40.299+0000) > > I'm sorry then. I've seen quite a few players say "bucks" while being from EU, which doesn't make sense. > > *** > > I'm not angry. Few people have ever seen me angry. > I'm hostile because I don't like BS. I stand by what I said earlier. You're just vomiting what you've heard/read someplace else. > > Toxic players do more harm than good. Riot bans them because, with them in the game, they can **lose money**. > Also, toxic players don't all buy RP. Even if they did, the risk with having them around isn't worth it. No one wants Toxic players in their games, but as the saying goes, crazy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. We have been perma banning people for damn near a decade. Can you honestly sit here and say "things are better"? Sure there is a sense of justice in banning people and certainly it feels like the right thing to do, but since its not having any impact, maybe its time to try something different? I mean I have been playing this game on and off for 8 years, I have never seen anything improve toxicity in games. At least 90% of my matches and someone who trash talks, throws out profanity, is racist or sexist... Easily 9 out of 10 games have it and its been like that all the years I have played. Nothing has ever changed as a result of people getting banned. Imagine however that an automated system searches for key words in chat logs and automatically hands out 14 day chat locks for every single case. 100% of all chat logs scanned, all key words (swear words etc.) trigger the system. No reports, no BS, just automatic. I mean if you cut out all the reports for negative attitude, profanity, verbal abuse and racism all that is left is trolling. That is so much less administration and so much less frustration for the players, because Leavers and Trolls can become the priority for that administration.
> [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=0004000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-21T13:48:12.679+0000) > > We have been perma banning people for damn near a decade. Can you honestly sit here and say "things are better"? They're better in the sense that we're faster at removing toxic behaviour. Problem is, in a game like League, we can never get rid of it completely. *** > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=0004000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-21T13:48:12.679+0000) > > Sure there is a sense of justice in banning people and certainly it feels like the right thing to do Sense of justice isn't a thing here. You rarely know when someone is punished. You should report bad behaviour because you don't want it in the game, not because you want "justice". *** > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=0004000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-21T13:48:12.679+0000) > > but since its not having any impact, maybe its time to try something different? [Player Behaviour](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en). No impact? Then why are players punished every day? You can't see the big picture; that's your problem. You keep forgetting that League is much, **much**, bigger than it was 10 years ago. The amount of players complaining about suspension has remained somewhat the same over the years, but the general population has increased. If we have more players, but the same number of punishments (at least those that show up here), then it should be obvious the reform system is working. *** > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=0004000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-21T13:48:12.679+0000) > > At least 90% of my matches and someone who trash talks, throws out profanity, is racist or sexist... Funny you mention that. In my last 20 games, I don't remember a single instance of someone being racist or sexist. Trash talk is common, but not extreme toxic behaviour. You pulled that 90% out of your arse because you're bias. *** > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=0004000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-21T13:48:12.679+0000) > > Imagine however that an automated system searches for key words in chat logs and automatically hands out 14 day chat locks for every single case. You don't know how the IFS works, do you? The IFS is automatic. Whenever someone is reported, that individual's game is analysed and given a score. That score represents how toxic someone was in that game, either from verbal toxicity or other method. If that player is consistently toxic, he will be punished. Again, all of this is automatic and happens within minutes of a game ending. *** > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=0004000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-21T13:48:12.679+0000) > > 100% of all chat logs scanned, all key words (swear words etc.) trigger the system. No reports, no BS, just automatic. You have no clue what you're talking about mate. Swear words aren't forbidden. You're allowed to use them in your games, within reason. For example, you can say "For %%%% sake %%%%. Just %%%%ing li%%%% to me". This isn't toxic behaviour. Obviously, if you consistently use bad language, you may be punished. Also, the system we have is way more "intelligent" than just scanning for "bad words". You really have no clue what you just suggested. It's pretty easy to bypass word scans, so the thing you suggested would be very inefficient, and pointless. Finally, like I said above, we don't punished players because they are rude or mean. We punish players who consistently, and knowingly, display toxic behaviour: [Where Harassment Starts](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/mdXRUffl-where-harassment-starts-a-simple-guide) > - When someone says or does something unintentionally hurtful and they do it once, that is rude. > - When someone says or does something intentionally hurtful and they do it once, that is mean. > - When someone says or does something intentionally or unintentionally hurtful and they keep doing it after realizing that it is hurtful, that is harassment. We punished the last case. *** > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=0004000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-21T13:48:12.679+0000) > > I mean if you cut out all the reports for negative attitude, profanity, verbal abuse and racism all that is left is trolling. That is so much less administration and so much less frustration for the players, because Leavers and Trolls can become the priority for that administration. What does that even mean? I feel like what I'm saying is falling on deaf ears. What makes you think Riot doesn't care about trolls? Removing the other reports doesn't make detection trolls easier. In fact, it probably makes it harder, because they need to be more creative to not get caught. The problem with trolls is how we can detect them. Trolling comes in all shapes, from building "wrong items" to stealing minions. How can you make a system that accurately detects trolling, while not screwing over genuinely bad players? You need to do more research about this topic. Right now, you don't have all the information you need to discuss it.
: it's pointless to argue what's allowed and what's not when everything could get you banned
> [{quoted}](name=LetMeAfkPlss,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=PFMOoiaO,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-05-21T13:35:47.345+0000) > > it's pointless to argue what's allowed and what's not when everything could get you banned We're not arguing over anything. What I presented to you are **facts**, not conjecture or opinion. If you play by the rules, you won't be banned.
: > [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=0004000000010000,timestamp=2019-05-20T15:04:18.110+0000) > Toxic players don't care about their account. If they did, they wouldn't be toxic in the first place. > Also, why do you say "bucks" when you're not even from the US ? You're just vomiting what you've heard/read someplace else. It's a shame really. Huntington Beach California is where Im from, Americans do actually live in other places than just America, I say bucks, because they are MF bucks! And why are you so hostile, not possible for you to just have a conversation without the anger?
> [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=00040000000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-20T20:44:35.123+0000) > > Huntington Beach California is where Im from I'm sorry then. I've seen quite a few players say "bucks" while being from EU, which doesn't make sense. *** > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=00040000000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-20T20:44:35.123+0000) > > And why are you so hostile, not possible for you to just have a conversation without the anger? I'm not angry. Few people have ever seen me angry. I'm hostile because I don't like BS. I stand by what I said earlier. You're just vomiting what you've heard/read someplace else. Toxic players do more harm than good. Riot bans them because, with them in the game, they can **lose money**. Also, toxic players don't all buy RP. Even if they did, the risk with having them around isn't worth it.
: riot is against all 3rd party tools with no exceptions
The rule of thumb is pretty simple: if it doesn't give you an advantage over other players, it is allowed. Obviously, not everything gives you an advantage over other players. There are some things that may get you banned regardless. [3rd party applications](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/announcements-en/bm6LA7EG-reminder-third-party-applications).
: > [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-05-20T11:41:03.666+0000) > > No. Riot suspends accounts because they don't want those people in their game. > Who do you think generates more cash? Toxic players or players who enjoy playing the game in a clean environment? The answer should be obvious. > > *** > > Similar stuff has been tried. Doesn't work. > > *** > > Again, doesn't work. > Also, the system is automatic, so they don't need to do any "maintenance". What do you mean it doesn't work? You permanently chat block someone, they can never type anything in chat again. What doesn't work exactly? Banning accounts has proven a complete failure. The only outcome of it is thousands of Smurf accounts. I have been here for 8 years, I have never heard of RIOT attempting a permanent chat block solution. When did they try this?
> [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-05-20T12:34:12.881+0000) > > What do you mean it doesn't work? You permanently chat block someone, they can never type anything in chat again. What doesn't work exactly? Back in the day, there was a time when chat restrictions could stack. You'd have people with [1000+ games of chat restrictions](https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/36a5sq/5000_games_chat_restriction_is_abit_too_much/). Even though chat restrictions aren't the same as full mute, that system was virtually the same as it. Toxic players want to spread their toxicity. If they know they're muted, they will try a different method. For example, trolling. The problem here is simple. Trolling is much harder to detect than verbal toxicity. If perma chat ban could result in increased toxicity in other forms, why do it in the first place? Besides, the players to ever receive a permanent suspension are beyond reform; that's why Riot don't want them playing our game. You need to do plenty of wrong, and ignore the multiple chances to reform, to ever receive a permanent suspension. Those that do **want** to be toxic. Simple as that. *** > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-05-20T12:34:12.881+0000) > > Banning accounts has proven a complete failure. The only outcome of it is thousands of Smurf accounts. You're going to need a source for that, because I can't disprove something unfalsifiable. There are not any records of increased smurfing. All I manage to find is anecdotal evidence.
: > [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-05-20T11:41:03.666+0000) > >No. Riot suspends accounts because they don't want those people in their game. >Who do you think generates more cash? Toxic players or players who enjoy playing the game in a clean environment? The answer should be >obvious. To be frank, toxic players. When you have accounts in good standing you have a steady influx of champions, skins etc... Your always gaining. At a slow pace, but since your never reset, you only ever have to buy anything once. A player that gets banned has to start over and he will not have any champions on his account and will need to grind to get them all back. I believe firmly that these people are more likely shell out the cash long before I would to buy champions to get back up to speed. I have had my account for 8 years I have never purchased a champion but if my account got lost for some reason and I had to start over. Yeah, I would drop a couple of hundreds bucks to get everything back. To me playing League without my stuff would suck.
> [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2019-05-20T12:37:52.034+0000) > > To be frank, toxic players. You're delusional. First, 1 toxic player ruins the game for, at least, 9 other players. 9 > 1. Second, you're assuming toxic players purchase RP on their new accounts when, probably, most of them won't. Third, and finally, if banning players generated more cash, then Riot would not even try to reform bad behaviour. Why bother with the anti-cheat and player behaviour systems if outright banning players for anything bad they did would make them richer? You didn't think this through. *** > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2019-05-20T12:37:52.034+0000) > > I believe firmly Beliefs aren't facts. *** > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2019-05-20T12:37:52.034+0000) > > I have had my account for 8 years I have never purchased a champion but if my account got lost for some reason and I had to start over. Yeah, I would drop a couple of hundreds bucks to get everything back. To me playing League without my stuff would suck. Toxic players don't care about their account. If they did, they wouldn't be toxic in the first place. Also, why do you say "bucks" when you're not even from the US ? You're just vomiting what you've heard/read someplace else. It's a shame really.
JustClone (EUNE)
: Man, I am the most helpful support/jungler, you will ever play with, at my elo. You will be well warded, well fed with cs/kills ultra safe laning with lots of utility items. I get honored by the adc and at least one other ally, 9 of 10 games... I just cannot stand and watch how some people are being %%%%s to others, that did absolutely nothing to deserve it... and then I appoint myself as judge. How is this evil? Perhaps you are right... But perhaps some evil in everyone one of us is needed, so the good remains safe.
> [{quoted}](name=JustClone,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2019-05-20T11:51:47.711+0000) > > How is this evil? Perhaps you are right... > But perhaps some evil in everyone one of us is needed, so the good remains safe. The means you use to achieve a greater good are evil. Perhaps "evil" isn't the correct word and, instead, I should use "chaotic". Either way, purposefully tilting someone to make them flame you to then have them banned, is something I've done too. ######Basically, sometimes a little bit of chaos is necessary to get stuff done.
TPK Luffy (EUW)
: bro you can disagree all you want you can get all of the upvotes. but dont forget 1 thing this is the fact and 90% of the people here on riot boards are riot supporters and big riot fans. lmao go to youtube videos reddit posts where they say the exact same as me. like Videogamedunkey. he got 271k likes on 20k dislikes on his league of legends video where he said the exact same thing. so 271k people agree with me and like.. and 20k dont those are most likely people like you board fans. so even if you get 10k upvotes dont feel hyped cuz there are alot of people that will disagree with you and dont have seen your post.
> [{quoted}](name=TPK Luffy,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-20T08:20:22.266+0000) > > bro you can disagree all you want you can get all of the upvotes. but dont forget 1 thing this is the fact and 90% of the people here on riot boards are riot supporters and big riot fans. lmao go to youtube videos reddit posts where they say the exact same as me. like Videogamedunkey. he got 271k likes on 20k dislikes on his league of legends video where he said the exact same thing. so 271k people agree with me and like.. and 20k dont those are most likely people like you board fans. so even if you get 10k upvotes dont feel hyped cuz there are alot of people that will disagree with you and dont have seen your post. Using the mob rule as a moral compass. Kudos to you kid.
: I actually sort of agree with you, not in your attitude but the I don't think Perma banning does anything more than create a whole crap ton of unwanted smurf accounts. I actually agree with you that the logical reason RIOT perma bans people is because they know that you will come back and they know that eventually you will start buying RP again. The obvious and very simple solution would be to permanently chat restrict you for being toxic. I disagree that it's up to the rest of the community to mute you, as if your mouth is our responsibility, but yeah I have no problem with them permanently chat blocking you and letting you keep playing. I really don't understand why RIOT doesn't do that. All that extra maintenance and headaches with toxic players and its so easily solved with a simple permanent chat block on d-bags who don't know how to behave in public.
> [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-05-20T06:55:19.137+0000) > > the logical reason RIOT perma bans people is because they know that you will come back and they know that eventually you will start buying RP again. No. Riot suspends accounts because they don't want those people in their game. Who do you think generates more cash? Toxic players or players who enjoy playing the game in a clean environment? The answer should be obvious. *** > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-05-20T06:55:19.137+0000) > > The obvious and very simple solution would be to permanently chat restrict you for being toxic. Similar stuff has been tried. Doesn't work. *** > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-05-20T06:55:19.137+0000) > > All that extra maintenance and headaches with toxic players and its so easily solved with a simple permanent chat block on d-bags who don't know how to behave in public. Again, doesn't work. Also, the system is automatic, so they don't need to do any "maintenance".
JustClone (EUNE)
: Man, for the most parts I do agree. And if It is up to me, you wouldn't get banned. Mostly because I think it is a good practice to deal with such people like you in game, before you meet them in real life. But for some people it is not. My little cousin for example, is having really bad time, when someone flames her. Literally plays with humans only now and then, because of the flame. When people tell her she is useless, she begins to feel like that. Me? When someone tells me that, it only gets my %%%% harder. My reaction is usually to take your farm, give 1-2 kills to the guy you lane against, to make you tilt > flame > get banned. But for her sake, and for others like her, I do not want you in the game. I'm really sorry, because I understand you, but...
> [{quoted}](name=JustClone,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-05-20T11:32:22.995+0000) > > My reaction is usually to take your farm, give 1-2 kills to the guy you lane against, to make you tilt > flame > get banned. You're evil... I like it. https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/022/506/manofculture.JPG
Mxnas (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=xyfRWkoU,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-15T16:07:17.668+0000) > > We all have 1 ban in champion select. If you are afraid someone will pick a "bad champion", use it on that. > > *** (Commented on in prev comment) > > 5k mastery is too much. > For example, I have 3k mastery points on Garen, but I'm willing to bet I can play him just as well as someone with 10k mastery, or more. I have even less mastery on Nasus (600), but I'm pretty sure I can pick him up and be decent with it too. > On the other hand, I have 26k mastery points on Kindred and I'm pretty sure I would perform worse with them compared to Nasus or Garen. > *** There is a reason Garen is a tutorial champ. And Nasus you can read the abilities, stay top for 30 mins, then providing you have mobafire, you can walk into the enemy team and Q them to death. My point is, these are two very simple champions, what about Irelia, Zed, Riven etc. > Finally, just because Yummi was recently released, doesn't mean there aren't some people out there that know how to play her. For starters, Yummi has been on PBE, like every new hampion before her. Second, someone could have played a few normal games with her before going into Ranked, but not enough games to reach 5k mastery points. True, however, the number of people with active accounts for on the PBE are significantly outweighed by those who are not, therefore I disregarded the PBE argument in the OP. > > In my opinion, to pick **any** champion in Ranked, we should play **at least** 5 games with it first; just enough games to play around with their kit. Learning is part of the journey and, in my opinion, we're not expected to be the very best with any champion we pick. At the very least we only need to understand what it does. > This opens its own can of worms. If we **have** to play 5 games with any given champion, before ranked, that means we must have 100 games (in total) with 20 different champions. I’m not 100% on these figures, but I believe last time I saw, a B grade in a game gives you around 500 mastery points, so say you perform on average, you would be playing roughly 10 games before heading into ranked. Maybe there is a happy medium to be found here?
> [{quoted}](name=Mxnas,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=xyfRWkoU,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-15T16:46:05.475+0000) > > There is a reason Garen is a tutorial champ. And Nasus you can read the abilities, stay top for 30 mins, then providing you have mobafire, you can walk into the enemy team and Q them to death. My point is, these are two very simple champions, what about Irelia, Zed, > Riven etc. You're asking for a **rule** to be enforced. Either that rule applies to **every** champion or it doesn't apply to any. I'd argue there are a lot more champions that don't require 5k mastery to be played at a decent level compared to those that do. Heck, I've seen Rivens with 200k+ mastery who are absolute garbage at the champion. The point is, mastery points aren't the best way to judge if you're able to play a champion or not, so it mustn't be used as a rule. Mastery only reflects how many times you've played the champion. *** > [{quoted}](name=Mxnas,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=xyfRWkoU,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-15T16:46:05.475+0000) > > True, however, the number of people with active accounts for on the PBE are significantly outweighed by those who are not Still doesn't change the fact that some players know how a champion works even if they have never played it on their account. What I said isn't the "PBE argument". I used the PBE as an example, but I also used the 2nd account example. *** > [{quoted}](name=Mxnas,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=xyfRWkoU,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-15T16:46:05.475+0000) > > I’m not 100% on these figures, but I believe last time I saw, a B grade in a game gives you around 500 mastery points, so say you perform on average, you would be playing roughly 10 games before heading into ranked. Maybe there is a happy medium to be found here? Here you're using the grading system as another rule. Let me tell you the grading system isn't the best system either. Stop trying to use mastery and grades as rules. The only rule we need is whether you know what a champion does. Why can't I learn a new champion in Ranked? Why shouldn't I be allowed to pick, say Nami, because I only have 3k mastery points? I know what the champion does, I know how she builds, I just don't know how to play her at the same level I play Rakan, for example. There are plenty of people that say "You don't learn anything in Normal games". I disagree, but that doesn't mean I should be forced to play Normal games with a certain champion, to grind mastery points, before going into Ranked.
Mxnas (EUW)
: New Champions @Riot
> [{quoted}](name=Mxnas,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=xyfRWkoU,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-15T15:35:56.012+0000) > > After that, I head to a ranked game and inevitably someone will get the new champ, and feed, whichever team gets the new champ tends to lose. We all have 1 ban in champion select. If you are afraid someone will pick a "bad champion", use it on that. *** > [{quoted}](name=Mxnas,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=xyfRWkoU,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-15T15:35:56.012+0000) > > Personally, I don’t believe people should be allowed to first time a champion in ranked and you should only be able to play a champ if you have 5k mastery points or higher, however, I appreciate this is unlikely. 5k mastery is too much. For example, I have 3k mastery points on Garen, but I'm willing to bet I can play him just as well as someone with 10k mastery, or more. I have even less mastery on Nasus (600), but I'm pretty sure I can pick him up and be decent with it too. On the other hand, I have 26k mastery points on Kindred and I'm pretty sure I would perform worse with them compared to Nasus or Garen. *** While on the topic of mastery restriction. I'm a Shaco main. Suppose I make a 2nd account on a different server, never play Shaco until I reached level 30, and then hop into ranked. Why shouldn't I be allowed to play my champion just because I have no mastery with him? Obviously, this is an edge case, but edge cases can't be ignored. *** Finally, just because Yummi was recently released, doesn't mean there aren't some people out there that know how to play her. For starters, Yummi has been on PBE, like every new hampion before her. Second, someone could have played a few normal games with her before going into Ranked, but not enough games to reach 5k mastery points. In my opinion, to pick **any** champion in Ranked, we should play **at least** 5 games with it first; just enough games to play around with their kit. Learning is part of the journey and, in my opinion, we're not expected to be the very best with any champion we pick. At the very least we only need to understand what it does. This opens its own can of worms. If we **have** to play 5 games with any given champion, before ranked, that means we must have 100 games (in total) with 20 different champions. ######Not that hard to accomplish while leveling up, but you'd be forced to play those games if you wanted to play Ranked. We reach level 30 after 150+ games. Plenty of wiggle room to experiment with stuff.
itsnonor (EUW)
: Yuumi can't be purchased
> [{quoted}](name=itsnonor,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=VwLdqGPH,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-14T16:18:38.490+0000) > > Riot never did this with other champion xD Yes, they did.
RedruM I (EUW)
: I didn't know there was a smurf threshold. This helps, thank you!
> [{quoted}](name=RedruM I,realm=EUW,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=QBl9MnYr,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-14T11:36:07.716+0000) > > I didn't know there was a smurf threshold. It's necessarily called "smurf threshold", but there's a system in place to detect smurfs after X games.
RedruM I (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=QBl9MnYr,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-14T11:16:33.576+0000) > > There's your problem. > If you don't duo, you won't find smurfs\*. > ######\*Given she plays a few (10+) games alone. With "we", I meant she went into a normal game while I was sitting next to her. We haven't actually played together so far.
How many games played and what level is she? *** EDIT [This account](https://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-history/EUW1/2181217676153440) Level 5, after 6 games; some of those were tutorial, like you said in the OP. That account has yet yo hit the "smurf" threshold. Why do you expect the system to know whether or not she's a smurf, if barely any games have been played?
: that is because you are duoing with her if you played enough games she might even be smurf tagged too so unfortunately you are boned you can create a new account to level alongside with her and hope she isn't tagged
> [{quoted}](name=Ornndyr2k19,realm=EUW,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=QBl9MnYr,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-14T10:47:14.729+0000) > > if you played enough games she might even be smurf tagged too The system is dynamic. Even if she was tagged as a smurf, that "tag" can be removed. Just like if you were boosted to Grand Master, then started playing alone again and be demoted back to Diamond 4.
RedruM I (EUW)
: How can I avoid playing vs smurfs as new player?
> [{quoted}](name=RedruM I,realm=EUW,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=QBl9MnYr,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-14T10:37:27.171+0000) > > The problem is that after the tutorial, **we** There's your problem. If you don't duo, you won't find many smurfs\*. ######\*Given she plays a few (10+) games alone. After level 10 you shouldn't find smurfs. Maybe the occasional player who already knows the game, but is just as good as a new player learning it for the first time. *** > [{quoted}](name=RedruM I,realm=EUW,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=QBl9MnYr,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-14T10:37:27.171+0000) > > EDIT: Is there any Rioter who can give some hard info on how low level matchmaking works? You don't need a Red for that. That information has been available for a long time. Just search on the boards.
: 100th post about disabling chat
> [{quoted}](name=KokuohKiller,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=GuxN5Fzy,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-11T10:18:25.689+0000) > > LET US BE ABLE TO DISABLE CHAT. You can though... by not pressing the ENTER key. *** It baffles me why so many people have an hard time grasping that simple concept.
Kabakadamn (EUNE)
: Periodically Ban From Community Votes
That's just champion select bans with extra steps.
ScorpioGG (EUNE)
: Seriously riot.. MAKE RANKED GAMES only with champions LVL 5 AND ABOVE
> [{quoted}](name=ScorpioGG,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=qUFzMuNB,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-10T14:35:15.916+0000) > > so we could enter RANKED QuE only with champions LVL 5 and ABOVE!!!!!!! I've been playing League since Season 2. I only have 13 champions at 5+ Mastery Level. I would need 7 more to be eligible for ranked. Are you telling me I'm not "good" enough to join until I meet that criteria? {{sticker:sg-lulu}} *** You don't even need to think too long about this to understand why it's a bad idea. There are players out there who exclusively play a select few champions (less than 6). You'd be forcing them into grinding level 5 mastery to join ranked. If the requirement was level 2 mastery, then it could work. We don't need more than a few games (less than 10) to reach level 2 mastery. That way you would only force players into **trying** 20 champions, before going to ranked, instead of **grinding** their mastery. ######Which, by the time someone gets to level 30, should be a lot more than 20 champions.
: Just FYI, I am not going to read small text. As for the rest... > You're very naive. > ... > Anyway, bottom line is Riot wants everyone to spend money. Such a long answer you typed! But there's no point in it since you do not really answer the point you highlighted. Exactly this: "Lol, no. You can play and pay no money. So obviously that is not the deal here" Riot's wishes are Riot's wishes. This does not change the fact that you can play and pay no money, if you choose so. > They're not removing content, so your point is moot You lost the context here, so again, there's no point to answer what you say. At least no point relevant to the discussion around the idea of a deal between a player and and F2P game service. I never mentioned removing of chests in particular. What I said was about the content in general — all of it. > The OP is asking for more and better free stuff, on an already F2P game. This is the core of the issue. > Okay. Let's suppose Riot remove champion shards from Hextech Chests, which is what is being asked in this discussion. What then? Would that be enough? > I can answer that question: no, it wouldn't. You want to know how I'm certain of that? Because this has happened before. First of all, stuff paid by the time spent is not exactly free. At least that is what I believe. I'll say that again in case you did not see. Next. Of course, people will always ask for more. But would it be better if any player feeling discontent just left without a word? Is it so bad to try for the the new point of balance where both sides would the terms fair? Of course a single person moves Riots nowhere, and that is good. But... what's wrong with the attempt itself? Why are there so many comments plainly shooing the OP? That's what I can't understand! PS: > Everyone knows, or should know > This is literacy 101 Since there's no worldwide mandatory learning course of 'literacy 101', you're obviously and plainly wrong. You could notice it yourself, you know...
> [{quoted}](name=Rainfollower,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=k5vc6jhT,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T16:16:35.375+0000) > > Riot's wishes are Riot's wishes. This does not change the fact that you can play and pay no money, if you choose so. You still don't understand. You're thinking about **yourself** as an **individual**. I'm talking about the big picture. We, as a **community**, are expected to pay money, otherwise Riot needs to: - Change their business model. For example, by becoming more exploitative (eg EA). - Stop providing the service Obviously, none of those are good for Riot, or we as players. When you stop thinking about yourself as an individual, you will be able to understand this. *** > [{quoted}](name=Rainfollower,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=k5vc6jhT,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T16:16:35.375+0000) > > What I said was about the content in general — all of it. But they didn't remove any content, so your point is still moot. *** > [{quoted}](name=Rainfollower,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=k5vc6jhT,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T16:16:35.375+0000) > > But would it be better if any player feeling discontent just left without a word? No. We welcome suggestions and new ideas. However, when those suggestions and ideas are bad, we will let you know. ######I'm saying "we" as in "community". *** > [{quoted}](name=Rainfollower,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=k5vc6jhT,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T16:16:35.375+0000) > > Is it so bad to try for the the new point of balance where both sides would the terms fair? > Why are there so many comments plainly shooing the OP? That's what I can't understand! The OP is part of a minority and we can't always appeal to minorities. In this case in partilcular case, the OP is being greedy. You can't understand it because you're trapped in your bubble. Most can see why this (topic of discussion) is considered greedy. *** Suppose the OP asked for something along this lines: "Give us a way to convert BE into OE." or "Give us more stuff to spend BE on." The narrative is still the same, but at least it feels less coming from a place of greed. To be fair for the OP, he did say something similar to that, but it was deep into his discussion, inside brackets. Most of the text was complaining about what we have now. When making a discussion, we need to know how to make our point across. Starting off as a complaint, and only providing solutions at the end (almost hidden, mind you), isn't a good way to achieve that. Instead, he could have said what many have said before him; the things I mentioned above. *** Personally, I'm against asking for **more and better** free stuff, because I play this game for free. Think about this: no ads, no bullshit paywalls (commonly called P2W), no exploiting, etc. Just a game that you can play for free with your friends for free. That's my opinion. I play League and I'm grateful for whatever little extras Riot gives me (even if it's to encourage me spending money). I don't feel entitled to anything. Players in general shouldn't feel entitled to anything either, but I'm no one to stop them. Some people will always believe the world owes them something. *** > [{quoted}](name=Rainfollower,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=k5vc6jhT,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T16:16:35.375+0000) > > Since there's no worldwide mandatory learning course of 'literacy 101', you're obviously and plainly wrong. You could notice it yourself, you know... In that case, you're in no position to tell me I'm "shouting" when I use **bold text**, when in reality it's widely known what **bold text** is used for. Heck, a simple google search and you'd have that answer. You can't blame me for not knowing that. I make sure to write the best I can. If you misinterpret what I say, by thinking I'm "shouting", that's your problem, not mine. ######What do you have against small text though?
: > The only reason why we have Hextech Chests for free to being with is to "encourage" us to buy more of it Sure thing! But that "encouragement" is just their hope, and nothing else. We decide whether we get encouraged or not. > Don't complain about the free stuff you earn; be grateful for it instead. Well, you have my position for free, but for some reason you feel discontent with it and try to shout at me via **bold text** to get something different. Seems like you do not follow your own rules. Also it seems no one ever told you that directly ordering people is plain rude. > The deal is pretty simple: they let us play their game and, in return, we pay for their MTX. Lol, no. You can play and pay no money. So obviously that is not the deal here. > No. You unlock content because they let you unlock content; Well... I wouldn't recite every line where you make this mistake, I will do this only once. The trick here is: If we use that kind of thinking then we can easily go on saying that we unlock content because Lord Almighty makes Riot let us unlock content. Or maybe our Beliefs make God Alighty make them do it. What you do is add unnecessary additional entities that change nothing and only take credit. Same as the theory of Ether. You can dismiss them and nothing would change. Another major mistake here is that you mix a deal "by law" with a deal as it is in reality. Like... you know, deals had been happening long before the law was invented. And if you strip what we do from every bit of such stuff you will see that the core deal is this: player's time in exchange for more content. Remove content --- people leave for another game that is less greedy. Remove people --- no more League, no reason for content. That's what really defines the deal. > Either you believe you're entitled to more and better free stuff What I believe is that the stuff paid by my time is no more free than the stuff paid by my money. And that just leaving is a lose-lose case for both, comparing to the case of open discussion of time-reward exchange rate.
> [{quoted}](name=Rainfollower,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=k5vc6jhT,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T14:15:31.190+0000) > > Well, you have my position for free, but for some reason you feel discontent with it and try to shout at me via **bold text** to get something different. Everyone knows, or should know, that "shouting" is done with CAPS LOCK. The **bold text** is to emphasize a word/statement. This is literacy 101. *** > [{quoted}](name=Rainfollower,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=k5vc6jhT,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T14:15:31.190+0000) > > Lol, no. You can play and pay no money. So obviously that is not the deal here. You're very naive. Everything about League (many games for that matter) were done to hook us in. Why would they want to hook us in? What do they gain from that? Audience? Audience alone doesn't do anything. No, they want to hook us in because, the longer we stay, the more likely we'll be to spend money on their game. I feel like you're forgetting that League of Legends is part of a business. One of their main goals is to make money. No surprise there. It just so happens they don't need **everyone** buying their stuff. League's payment model was meticulously constructed to appeal to a big variety of players. Games like Path of Exile have a very specific target audience: "whales". League, on the other hand, targets everyone somwheat equally: "casuals", "regulars" and "whales". ######Compared to World of Warcraft: "casuals" would be their F2P accounts; "regulars" the monthly subscriptions; "whales" the few players that buy extra cosmetics. Lately, Riot has been appealing to "whales" with the Prestige skins. That said, Riot aren't necessarily exploiting us. While it's true they've built a system that encourages paying, regardless of your "status", that's not all they focus on. For example, the [Universe of League](https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/) is just something nice for the lore community. I'm sure you can think of other examples. Anyway, bottom line is Riot wants everyone to spend money. ######Why does "Your Shop" exist when we already have weekly skin sales? Think about it. *** > [{quoted}](name=Rainfollower,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=k5vc6jhT,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T14:15:31.190+0000) > > Another major mistake here is that you mix a deal "by law" I'm not mixing anything. Don't project yourself onto me. *** > [{quoted}](name=Rainfollower,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=k5vc6jhT,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T14:15:31.190+0000) > > Remove content --- people leave for another game that is less greedy. They're not removing content, so your point is moot. The OP is asking for **more and better** free stuff, on an already F2P game. This is the core of the issue. The OP isn't saying: "Give us Hextech Chests back!", because Riot hasn't removed that free stuff. Actually, come to think of it, there aren't many things that were free before and no longer are. You're arguing against a strawman, because I never said it's okay to remove content and expect your players to stick around. Much like we're not entitled to anything, Riot aren't entitled to players if they make bad **business practices**, from the customer POV. Anyway, like I said above, Riot didn't remove anything. What you want is more... more... and more. The free stuff we have is never enough. People like the OP are the ones being greedy and that behaviour is exhausting. *** > [{quoted}](name=Rainfollower,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=k5vc6jhT,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T14:15:31.190+0000) > > What I believe is that the stuff paid by my time is no more free than the stuff paid by my money. And that just leaving is a lose-lose case for both, comparing to the case of open discussion of time-reward exchange rate. Okay. Let's suppose Riot remove champion shards from Hextech Chests, which is what is being asked in this discussion. What then? Would that be enough? I can answer that question: no, it wouldn't. You want to know how I'm certain of that? Because this has happened before. Hextech Chests have always rolled for champion shards, but before they could roll for any champion (eg 450 BE). Players complained, because it was "unfair". What Riot did? They "gave" us **Masterwork Chests**, changed the drop rates for champion shards (just a tiny bit) and imposed a 4800+ BE rule on the rolling system. ######In other words, Riot had the perfect excuse to make something more appealing for those player who really wanted exclusively cosmetic stuff. Now you're asking to remove champion shards completely. We already have an equivalent item, the aforementioned Masterwork Chests, that **don't** drop champion shards. The difference is those aren't free. If Riot would remove champion shards from Hextech Chests, I predict the same people would come back one year later complaing about something different. For example: "Why do Hextech Chests roll for Emotes when I can't disechant them nor I'm interested in them? Remove them.". It's a never ending cycle of complaining and entitlement.
: > You're not entitled to free stuff in a Free to Play game, yet Riot gives us that. > You're playing a F2P game, so you can't be entitled to more, or "better", free stuff. If you like to live in a world like that, you're free to do so and be grateful for what you have. But please, do not shout on other people to do the same. You're not, ehm... _entitled_ to do that. We can decide for ourselves, thank you very much. We have a deal with Riot: we spend time of our lives, we follow their rules and guidelines, we limit our activities to a very commercial kind of gameplay, and in return we get game content unlocked at a certain rate (which is also part of the game). And like any deal, this one to can be discussed. Currently the part of the deal concerning Hextech chests does not seem fair to some people, **and they are free to say that.** That's what Boards are for, you know. After all, if Riot does not like the idea of discussion, they're kinda free to ban us all and go find other people to play the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Rainfollower,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=k5vc6jhT,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T08:14:48.267+0000) > > We can decide for ourselves, thank you very much. There's nothing to decide here. You get free stuff, so don't complain about the free stuff you receive. It's like going to a "secret santa" meeting and complaining about the gift you receive. Going into the "secret santa" meeting, you won't be expecting to get exactly what you want. Likewise, with League, you're playing a F2P game, so you're not expected to get free stuff. ##Don't complain about the free stuff you earn; be grateful for it instead. *** > [{quoted}](name=Rainfollower,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=k5vc6jhT,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T08:14:48.267+0000) > > We have a deal with Riot: we spend time of our lives That's not the deal. **You** chose to spend your time on League. Riot didn't ask you to do that. People with your line of reasoning baffle me. *** > [{quoted}](name=Rainfollower,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=k5vc6jhT,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T08:14:48.267+0000) > > we follow their rules and guidelines You follow their rules and guidelines because: - You're a decent human being - You get removed otherwise - Both of the above *** > [{quoted}](name=Rainfollower,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=k5vc6jhT,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T08:14:48.267+0000) > > in return we get game content unlocked at a certain rate (which is also part of the game). No. You unlock content because they let you unlock content; it's not part of the deal. They could, instead, only let you unlock 20 champions for free and, if you wanted more, you'd have to pay for them. Luckly for us, that business model wouldn't work for Riot. Keyword: business model. Don't illude yourself though. The deal isn't what you think it is. The deal is pretty simple: they let us play their game and, in return, we pay for their MTX. ######That is, some of us do. *** > [{quoted}](name=Rainfollower,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=k5vc6jhT,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T08:14:48.267+0000) > > Hextech chests does not seem fair to some people, **and they are free to say that.** That's what Boards are for, you know. Everyone is free to complain about anything. Likewise, I'm free to point out those people are not entitled to what they are asking for. If you want to side with emotion, then you'll side with the OP; If you want to side with logic, then you'll side with me. There's no middle ground here. Either you believe you're entitled to **more and better** free stuff, on an already F2P game, or you believe Riot is pretty generous with their business model and don't complain. > ###* The only reason why we have Hextech Chests for free to being with is to "encourage" us to buy more of it. Why else would they only give you 4 each month? You'd be a fool to think otherwise. *
VolVin (EUW)
: Hextech Chest should not contain champion shards.
> [{quoted}](name=VolVin,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=k5vc6jhT,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-29T20:58:50.253+0000) > > With the all the time, effort and resources put in to get 3 key fragments and boxes You're not entitled to free stuff in a Free to Play game, yet Riot gives us that. *** > [{quoted}](name=VolVin,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=k5vc6jhT,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-29T20:58:50.253+0000) > > I think Hextech Chest shouldn't reward champion shards or at the very least guarantee something other than a champion shard. Champions shards have 25% chance of being rolled. When that happens, it's always 4800+ BE (champion price). *** > [{quoted}](name=VolVin,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=k5vc6jhT,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-29T20:58:50.253+0000) > > just a waste of time, effort and resources. If you're playing League for the free stuff, you're playing League for the wrong reason. That free stuff only exists to get us hooked and primes us for paying for more of it. *** > [{quoted}](name=VolVin,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=k5vc6jhT,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-29T20:58:50.253+0000) > > But those are just my opinions and ideas. There are an alternative to Hextech Chests and those **exclusively** have cosmetic rewards. Masterwork Chests don't have champion shards. That said, Masterwork Chests aren't free. *** I'll say it again in case it isn't obvious: ##You're playing a F2P game, so you can't be entitled to more, or "better", free stuff. Be grateful for what you have.
: Why are there so many attractive female champions on league?
> [{quoted}](name=The Godkarther,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=m1GAHWH0,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-29T16:33:47.319+0000) > > Various champions including Ahri, Zoe, Annie, Lulu, Tristana, Akali etc. Are very 'sexually' attractive https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/379/051/ab9.gif *** Jokes aside\*, League's female characters are attractive by design in the same way male characters are; better yet, League's characters are **not repulsive** by design (eg old Urgot). It turns out people like seeing "beautiful" instead of "ugly". Discovery of the year. ######\*Jokes about pedophilia isn't a good topic to bring up in this environment; not a good joke topic in most environments for that matter.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=The Godkarther,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=YjfLVixO,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-04-29T16:36:09.718+0000) > > I'm 6'4, verging on body builder and a model. I'm alpha, you're beta. Live with it kid. I'm a helicopter. A Boeing AH-64 Apache (attack helicopter), to be exact. {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
: Seriously now, I'm, getting desperate. Cute gamer girls DM me QUICK.
> [{quoted}](name=The Godkarther,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=YjfLVixO,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-28T21:00:32.354+0000) > > I'm never desperate because I'm so alpha. Saying "I'm alpha" is the most "beta" thing someone can say. An "alpha" doesn't need to tell the world what he is because the world can see it. {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
: Friend got a perma ban..for this?
There're at least 40 lines of text there and I only see 7.
: people who don't know how to argue politely on the boards
> [{quoted}](name=LetMeAfkPlss,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=12Ad5ezQ,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-27T20:34:41.863+0000) > > by not punishing people who instigate shit but deleting aggressive comments that are a knee jerk reaction to them and banning for them You need to say something really bad to earn a ban on the boards. Discussions get removed all the time, but that doesn't mean harsher punishments happen that often. *** > [{quoted}](name=LetMeAfkPlss,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=12Ad5ezQ,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-27T20:34:41.863+0000) > > I'd even throw myself under the bus and say that the mods themselves are bullies for silencing people so much and abusing their power Maybe this is just anedoctal evidence, but I find the mods on EU better than the mods on NA. At least towards me, I've never felt any "abuse of power" on EU. *** > [{quoted}](name=LetMeAfkPlss,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=12Ad5ezQ,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-27T20:34:41.863+0000) > > if this shit will continue further i will just black list this site and be over with its bs forever You don't need to black list the website. You can just not come here instead. I really don't understand why some people overreact about this stuff. It's not like anyone is forcing you to be here. If you don't want to be, just walk away. Keep your sanity.
: New champ
Why... not?
: Can I do an unfair 1v1 with people until they cry and block me?
> [{quoted}](name=The Godkarther,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zEi0uykR,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-26T14:57:57.556+0000) > > Is this reportable to set up a 1v1 and then cheat to make the enemy mad? No. Riot usually doesn't care about custom games and there are no rules against "unfair" matches in the first place. It's a %%%% move, but other than that, you're gucci.
: Can I spoil end game on the boards?
Depends. Without a precedent, your discussion would just be removed by one of the mods. With a precedent (meaning you did it with malicious intent) you could be suspended from the boards temporarily. It depends on who gives the punishment. ######That said, you created that precedent by making this discussion. If you make another one just to spoil Avengers: Endgame, then hope a mod doesn't see this discussion too.
: > [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=hZBEHZxE,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-04-26T02:43:45.150+0000) > > I'm sure your sensei told you something like "If you can avoid it, don't fight. Run instead". > Don't assume you're the only one with training in a martial art. Besides, martial arts won't do you any favour in a **real** confrontation. > > We need to be very careful about who we mess with, because we never know if that someone isn't a pscyho waiting for an excuse to let loose. Don't try to be a tough guy, because tough guys get hurt. Just saying. > > https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/4/4b/According_to_Plan_Emote.png/revision/latest?cb=20171120234343 Hug?
: > [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=hZBEHZxE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-26T02:35:50.221+0000) > > No, you won't. > While you are at it, why don't you arrange a face-to-face meeting and flame him IRL ? Sure i'm 6'4 and mastered taekwondo.
I'm sure your sensei told you something like "If you can avoid it, don't fight. Run instead". Don't assume you're the only one with training in a martial art. Besides, martial arts won't do you any favour in a **real** confrontation. We need to be very careful about whom we mess with, because we never know if that someone isn't a pscyho waiting for a trigger. Don't try to be a tough guy, because tough guys get hurt. Just saying. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/4/4b/According_to_Plan_Emote.png/revision/latest?cb=20171120234343
: Am I allowed to flame on third party communication apps?
> [{quoted}](name=The Godkarther,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=hZBEHZxE,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-26T02:23:20.468+0000) > > Like on discord, or flame him or something, could I be banned? No, you won't. While you are at it, why not arrange a face-to-face meeting and flame him IRL too? That would be fun for at least one of you. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/9/91/Unbenched_Emote.png/revision/latest?cb=20171106215614
: Lethality has to go
> [{quoted}](name=Super Hooker,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=MxH0pE3I,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-23T08:26:42.503+0000) > > If its such a headache to balance, just revert it back to armor pen Another one that doesn't understand how lethality works. [Lethality](https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Armor_penetration#Lethality) is, quite literally, nerfed flat armour penetration. The difference is you won't get full effect until you reach max level. If you want to complain about something, complain about the **items** and **not the mechanic** itself. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Yrx5pNxi,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-22T20:40:15.077+0000) > > No, it's not. You're not supposed to see anything from the fog of war, regardless of champion. If you can't see Kha'Zix using his R when getting near you from fog of war, why should you be able to see Shaco's Deceive? One is an ultimate and one is a basic ability tho. And one can pass through terrain at the same time while the other cannot. Shaco does pay quite a prize for the capabilities of his Q but it is warranted.
> [{quoted}](name=Stahlvormund,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Yrx5pNxi,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-22T21:24:49.678+0000) > > And one can pass through terrain at the same time while the other cannot. > Shaco does pay quite a prize for the capabilities of his Q but it is warranted. You can't justify bad design because of bad design. *** Kha'Zix has more tools than Shaco btw. His E can have a reset, he can use stealth more than 1 time, at the cost of a ultimate cooldown, and he has a lot more damage than Shaco. *** The only thing Shaco does well is his Q and seeing his Q from the Fog of War is just bad design. Even if you see his puff, a good Shaco will still kill you. Anyway, I'm just waiting for his rework.
: >There is one thing that lies heavily on my heart: The orange puff of smoke that appears when you use Shaco's Deceive can be seen even when the enemy has no sight of Shaco whatsoever. That's a point.
> [{quoted}](name=mikrogane2305,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Yrx5pNxi,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-22T19:45:11.930+0000) > > That's a point. No, it's not. You're not supposed to see anything from the fog of war, regardless of champion. If you can't see Kha'Zix using his R when getting near you from fog of war, why should you be able to see Shaco's Deceive? Also, I believe a bug has been introduced to Shaco because recently the enemy team has been awfully aware of the puff of smoke from fog of war. Either it's a bug with the champion or the skin I'm using.
12tharT (EUNE)
: Same error after doing all that you said.
In that case, you only have one option left. Contact [Riot Support](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests) and be sure to annex the logs from **Hextech Repair Tool**.
qQEENn (EUW)
: Graphics and interactions...
> [{quoted}](name=qQEENn,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=Qx3o8U5y,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-19T22:20:23.973+0000) > > I hope that LoL improves in gameplay and in graphic in the future. Riot could make it so that abilities are above the wall, that champions dash over the wall and such. I want to still be able to play League on my potato machine, thank you very much.
12tharT (EUNE)
: I saw on some posts that I can get an error log and post it here and some users got that and were able to fix it. Can you tell me what do you need in order to see what's wrong?
I don't know if I understand what you mean. If you are talking about Riot logs, you can find them here: _*~~[INSTALLATION PATH]/Riot Games/League of Legends/Logs~~*_ But those aren't of much use. If you're having problems with launching the game, those problems won't appear there. ######Maybe on "LeagueClient Logs", but I'm not sure. *** If you're issue is with DirectX, here's what you do, in order: 1. Update [DirectX](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35). 2. Update your graphics card. [Nvidia](https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us) or [AMD](https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-driver-autodetect). You may already have a driver manager for your graphics card, so you can use that instead. 3. Use [Hextech Repair Tool](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/224826367-Automated-Troubleshooting-Hextech-Repair-Tool) 4. Reinstall/Repair League of Legends You shouldn't need to go being the 3rd step. If by step 4 youre still having the same issue, we'll need to try something else. Be sure to **always** run League as Administrator (right click > Run as Admin) and also restart your machine every time you try one of those points (just to avoid false negatives).
12tharT (EUNE)
: The program can't start because d3dx9_39.dll
> [{quoted}](name=12tharT,realm=EUNE,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=lI0kNzRm,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-18T17:09:44.900+0000) > > Also, I've downloaded the dll and paste it to system32 and wow and still get it. First rule about downloading stuff from the internet: **be careful where you download stuff from**. You should **never** download ".dll" files from 3rd party sources (eg dllme.com). Instead, you should go here: [Microsoft DirectX](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35). *** But first, you must remove that ".dll" and run a malware scan on your machine. Trust me, I've done that mistake before and I payed the price for my ignorance.
Bebeli (EUNE)
: Circular honoring system
> [{quoted}](name=Bebeli,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=nX6uTtrH,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-18T14:33:35.940+0000) > > Would it lower the level of toxic people if you know that you will get an honor after a game? It wouldn't. Toxic players don't care about honour. *** > [{quoted}](name=Bebeli,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=nX6uTtrH,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-18T14:33:35.940+0000) > > I get it, you should honor someone you had fun playing with If you know this, why are you proposing a change? *** > [{quoted}](name=Bebeli,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=nX6uTtrH,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-18T14:33:35.940+0000) > > Top -> mid -> jg -> adc -> supp -> top So you're telling me I wouldn't be allowed to honour whoever I deem worthy? No thank you. *** > [{quoted}](name=Bebeli,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=nX6uTtrH,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-04-18T14:33:35.940+0000) > > It would be easier to get keys, boxes You earn Hextech Chests regardless of honour. You only need to have S+, S or S- rating with a champion. Hextech Keys are not affected by honour either, not in the way you think. You don't need to receive honours to earn keys.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: the "League is dying" argument
Here is a bit more info for you. This one has **concurrent players/games** over the week instead of registered accounts. *** *** > [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vwxrcaai,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-08T20:42:35.311+0000) > > [Lolalytics](https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/platinum/plus/home/) > 11.319 million Platinum+ players in ranked in the last 7 days, worldwide. > > If 11 million players reflects a "dead game" I wonder what you consider games like [CS:GO](https://steamdb.info/app/730/graphs/), [Dota 2](https://steamdb.info/app/570/graphs/), etc > > Mind you, those are just Platinum+ players. > *** > If you want get really technical, you may instead look at the "All Days" data, which shows the average number of players (technically it's games) during X patch. > For example: > > - ["Iron"](https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/9.6/iron/grid/) + ["Bronze"](https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/9.6/bronze/grid/) + ["Silver"](https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/9.6/silver/grid/) + ["Gold"](https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/9.6/gold/grid/) + ["Platinum+"](https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/9.6/platinum/plus/grid/) in patch 9.6 - total ~12.166.495 games > > - ["Iron"](https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/9.5/iron/grid/) + ["Bronze"](https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/9.5/bronze/grid/) + ["Silver"](https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/9.5/silver/grid/) + ["Gold"](https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/9.5/gold/grid/) + ["Platinum+"](https://lolalytics.com/ranked/worldwide/9.5/platinum/plus/grid/) in Patch 9.5 - total ~12.171.732 games > > - etc > > The number of players/games is stable in between patches and the number isn't low by any means. > Again, those are just **Ranked** matches. > *** > Finally, there's good old [Twitch.tv](https://www.twitch.tv/directory). While it doesn't reflect how many players are **playing** it does reflect the **interest** on the game. Compare it to the previously mentioned CS:GO and Dota and you have plenty of evidence to debunk the "League is dead" claim. *** We also have this: [LeagueOfGraphs](https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/builds/iron). It has the number of matches from the last two days, Normal and Ranked, worldwide, which reinforces the data from LoLalytics. Right now it says "2,635,684 matches (Last 2 days)". 2,635,684 matches is a lot. Assuming the average player goes for 5 games every day, that means we can only consider 527,136 matches as concurrent games. Every match has 10 players, so that's 5,271,360 active players in the last two days, across all regions LeagueOfGraphs has access to. ###### In reality, the average player goes for ~4 days every day, which means at least 3,294,605 concurrent players every day. Also, keep in mind we're only talking about Summoner's Rift. If we go to [ARAM data](https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/builds/iron/aram), it shows 1,101,613 matches. *** *** We have plenty of sources to debunk the whole "League is dying" argument. It may not be growing like it used to, but not dying; not yet.
Silent Note (EUNE)
: > When I'm losing, my only option is to surrender. What about keeping on playing? That's also an option. > You're living in fantasy world. The only region that surrenders early is Korea, but for a different reason. There's such a thing called "internet cafes". NA SoloQ is known for "playing out" lost games. NA is always called a 4 fun region. I don't know about you, but normals are more about fun than climb, so playing it out is completely understandable. > I already told you: I'm wasting time. I don't care about the outcome, but I'm not going to waste time on a game I know I'll lose. Explain me... If you don't care about the outcome, why do you not want to play a game you know you'll lose? You literally just said in the same sentence that you don't care about the outcome. You can also enjoy games you're losing when the game is actually fun to play, and you can be bored playing a game that's a complete stump victory. > I play with premades; I don't play the game to interact with new people. That's just one more reason to enjoy playing the game, because you're playing with friends. > Jesus Chirst. How hard can this be to understand? Usually, when you're losing the game, you're weak and can't do shit to the enemy team. You sit there, trying to farm while getting ambushed non-stop. Every fight you take, it's every fight you lose. All your turrets go down, one by one. The enemy takes all the objectives and all you can do is watch. This isn't fun. Sure, if you're the only one fed on your team, that might be fun for you, but for everyone else it isn't. Get it now? That's why you need to play smartly, try to find picks and get back in the game. It's like the gamemode Odyssey, when you needed to destroy the Kayn with strategy and lost if you just went straight at him without thinking. > Unlike you, I don't play for the gameplay itself. If I played for "the gameplay" I'd go against bots. Why don't you play against bots? After all, you have fun because you play for the gameplay, right? I usually play League because I want to "git gud". I don't play the game because of the gameplay in a vacuum. I have other games/activities avaiable to me. I play to improve, but can't improve much when I'm being stomped. You've probably heard it before, it's one of the most well known sayings, but you learn more from failure than from success. If you only win, you learn nothing new. Meanwhile if you lose, you can observe what you did wrong and learn from your mistakes. So if you were playing to "git gud", you wouldn't surrender. And I don't play against bots because it's not challenging at all. They won't make astonishing plays, they're predictable, there's nothing interesting about playing against them.
> [{quoted}](name=Silent Note,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=5XHXY7WN,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-16T15:36:08.506+0000) > > What about keeping on playing? That's also an option. This again? How many times do I need to repeat myself? If I don't surrender a lost game, I'm wasting my time. *** > [{quoted}](name=Silent Note,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=5XHXY7WN,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-16T15:36:08.506+0000) > > Explain me... If you don't care about the outcome, why do you not want to play a game you know you'll lose? You literally just said in the same sentence that you don't care about the outcome. I did explain. More than once. This must be a really hard concept for you to grasp. Let me help you out, with caps lock: **I DON'T WANT TO WASTE MY TIME WHEN THE GAME IS NO LONGER ENJOYABLE** That's the only reason. I don't care if I win or lose, but I do care about wasting time when I could be doing something else. Unlike, I have other things to do outside of League. *** > [{quoted}](name=Silent Note,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=5XHXY7WN,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-16T15:36:08.506+0000) > > You can also enjoy games you're losing when the game is actually fun to play, and you can be bored playing a game that's a complete stump victory. True. That said, I'm more likely to not have fun when I'm losing. I also play "for fun" games sometimes. Usually ARAM or, as I said before, whenever I go Shaco Support. I don't stomp often, but I've had moments where I started a surrender vote because I was bored. *** > [{quoted}](name=Silent Note,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=5XHXY7WN,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-16T15:36:08.506+0000) > > That's just one more reason to enjoy playing the game, because you're playing with friends. The only reason why we play League is because some of them **only** play League. *** > [{quoted}](name=Silent Note,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=5XHXY7WN,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-16T15:36:08.506+0000) > > That's why you need to play smartly, try to find picks and get back in the game. I was right. You're betting on the enemy team to make mistakes. That's a shitty way to play the game. Expecting someone else to make a mistake is **not** about your skill. I'm going to follow my mantra and not waste more time with you. {{sticker:vlad-salute}}
Show more

Febos

Level 95 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion