Rioter Comments
: Why does it say DEFEAT when we remake and Victory when enemy team remakes?
Its probably since a Draw doesnt even exist and they didnt want to go through the effort of creating the required assets and the voice line just for a feature that is nothing but cosmetics.
: @Riot Do you think it makes sense for the majority of the balancing to be done by silvers/golds?
They actually do consult with Pros from time to time. Valkrin, a challenger player from NA, mentioned being contacted by Riot a few days ago and talking to them about the current state of the game and his opinions on balance.
Bitexpepe (EUW)
: Preseason placement
Preseason has in fact already started and for people who have been inactive in ranked lately a reset has been issued, which is why you find yourself in placements right now. Another such reset will happen at the start of the next season in december. However that preseason has already started means that S5 has ended and you can no longer gain any rewards. The rank you were at midnight on 8/11 will be the rank that you get the rewards for.
: blood chalice (aka athenes unholy grail - just found that out :D)
Its pretty much a core item on Sona and I get it in most games (Except when i want to go full AP burst Sona). You can make use of the passive easily and it gretaly boost the sustain you can provide during sieges and such. The stats are also pretty optimal for an item to build first and especially after lvl 11 13 mana regeneration per second is pretty much necessary and the item gets you there fast.
: > [{quoted}](name=Fimbulvethr,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=EdQ0KyRs,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-10-31T12:33:45.482+0000) > > You do realize it would be impossible to set up such a system to consistently produce that result for 100% of the players? It can work for single players but not for all players at the same time. Also what would be a possible gain from it? All it would lead to is player frustration and a very inconsistent ranked system while offering no benefits. > The 50% winrate means that as long as you can hold a winrate higher than 50% your MMR will increase until you eventually reach a point where you are no longer good enough to win more than 50% of your games (skill cap). There is even a system that accelerates MMR and LP loss or gain if you move farther away from 50% in order to get you there faster. (If youre at 60% winrate you will gain more Lp on win than you loose on a Loss). > > The clusters and patterns you recognize can as well be attributed what is called the "Clustering Illusion", which in behavioural science describes a human tendency to see patterns in small sample sizes (your played games) that don't actually exist and are caused by strong variation (team quaility on any given MMR) in even small sample sizes (players you play with). > > What you have to realize though is that in many games you have very limited control over the outcome of the game. You will loose a major percentage of your games (maybe up to 40%, there is really no way to figure out the exact number) almost no matter what you do (except carry hard), but also win the same number no matter what you do (except feed hard). The 40% in between is where your own performance matters. Even the best players often do not rise above a 60% winrate in their games, but that is not due to the system being rigged against them that is just due to immense variation in team quaility even in small sample sizes of players. Even Faker, who is one of the best, or most probably the best players in this game only has a 65% winrate in the NA SoloQ Ranked. (http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=mid+fekar). It was still enough to climb to Rank 3 in a matter of a few weeks, so a winrate of 65% will have you climb pretty fast. Similarily a winrate of 55%, which doesnt seem that impressive will also result in a quick and steady climb, although not as fast as Faker's. I agree it does not affect 100% of the players because we have anomalies such as the players at the top who have no one who can force them into a 50% win rate or duo-full team to influence things heavily. But for the majority of the playerbase it holds true, now why is 50% special? Because 50% is the half way mark and in every game 50% must lose and 50% must win because obviously 5v5 1 side wins. I also agree the system does try to help you to your correct place faster but its not enough and you even say further along that you have no control over about 40% of the games win or lose leaving the 20% i assume you made a typo on the 40% but understand what you are suggesting the remaining games are the climb/progress but you would need to play several hundred games to reach your true elo as by these numbers only 20 games in every 100 are climbable games which is if we assume you are at your correct mmr to rank you gain a flat 20lp per win so theoretically 20 x 20 is up for grabs so 400 lp max which equates to 3 divisions + 2 promo and a final game remaining but for argument sake lets call it 3 promo because if you did win 20 strait games youd end up with a little more than 20lp a win getting you in that 3rd division promo faster anyway. But i say you wont win all 20 because of the reason in my other post. You say "All it would lead to is player frustration and a very inconsistent ranked system while offering no benefits." That is currently the case with alot of players feeling this way already. As for any technical terms you want to use to explain any scenario or opinion someone may have i do make an effort to look past any bias to get to the truth and dont just assume anything because it happened once or twice etc. I go over it again and again reproducing test after test calling an outcome checking what happened and climbing up then tanking mmr to re test to make sure it comes out the same way.
> [{quoted}](name=GivinItTheBigun,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=EdQ0KyRs,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2016-11-01T00:58:23.937+0000) > > I also agree the system does try to help you to your correct place faster but its not enough and you even say further along that you have no control over about 40% of the games win or lose leaving the 20% i assume you made a typo on the 40% but understand what you are suggesting the remaining games are the climb/progress but you would need to play several hundred games to reach your true elo as by these numbers only 20 games in every 100 are climbable games which is if we assume you are at your correct mmr to rank you gain a flat 20lp per win so theoretically 20 x 20 is up for grabs so 400 lp max which equates to 3 divisions + 2 promo and a final game remaining but for argument sake lets call it 3 promo because if you did win 20 strait games youd end up with a little more than 20lp a win getting you in that 3rd division promo faster anyway. But i say you wont win all 20 because of the reason in my other post. First as context: I started this season in Bronze 2 and will end it in Gold 3. I played 295 games and held a winrate about 56% for pretty much all of it. So as you can see even a winrate that is still not that far away from 50% can make you climb somewhat fast even over a relatively average number of games. A lot of this climb does actually not come from the 6%, but from the LP system recognizing it. For most of Silver I would loose about 17 LP on a loss and gain about 22 LP on a win. And that is what the system does to everyone who can hold higher winrates for some time and what actually makes you climb very fast as well. Imagine 100 games with that ratio and 56% winrate. You will have 56 wins for 1232 LP and 44 losses for - 748 LP, leaving you with 484 LP. Sure there will be promos, but maybe also games lost at 0 LP, that dont demote you. With just 150 games and that ratio you can easily climb a whole League. I dont want to imagine what happens on winrates greater than 60%. And yeah I truly believe that in about 60% of my games my influence wasnt that big. I played decently and then we lost or won majorly due to other player's performance. And as I said previously look at Fakers NA SoloQ profile. He is the best player we have and even he wins "only" 65% of games. > > You say "All it would lead to is player frustration and a very inconsistent ranked system while offering no benefits." That is currently the case with alot of players feeling this way already. > I'm not saying that some players don't feel like that, I'm saying it doesn't make sense to intentionally make them feel like that. From a company's perspective that only leads to decreased player numbers and loss of money. And I am also saying players feel like that because they have fallen victims to the Clustering Illusion (which is actually a very well documented human behaviour in science) and also would rather blame the system than themselves for their inability to climb. (Blame Shiting is also a well documented concept in Behavioural Science) > As for any technical terms you want to use to explain any scenario or opinion someone may have i do make an effort to look past any bias to get to the truth and dont just assume anything because it happened once or twice etc. I go over it again and again reproducing test after test calling an outcome checking what happened and climbing up then tanking mmr to re test to make sure it comes out the same way. Unless you were to draft up a regression analysis containing data from 1000s of players over 10000s of games anything you can produce here will remain anecdotal evidence. And as I've said before humans are prone to illusions of patterns and control that make them see patterns that actually dont exist or make them underestimate variation in small sample sizes. I have never felt any of the effects you described and now what? Its statement against statement and that is why anecdotal evidence is never a valid form of evidence to prove anything.
: When is the match fixing after win streaks going to stop?
You do realize it would be impossible to set up such a system to consistently produce that result for 100% of the players? It can work for single players but not for all players at the same time. Also what would be a possible gain from it? All it would lead to is player frustration and a very inconsistent ranked system while offering no benefits. The 50% winrate means that as long as you can hold a winrate higher than 50% your MMR will increase until you eventually reach a point where you are no longer good enough to win more than 50% of your games (skill cap). There is even a system that accelerates MMR and LP loss or gain if you move farther away from 50% in order to get you there faster. (If youre at 60% winrate you will gain more Lp on win than you loose on a Loss). The clusters and patterns you recognize can as well be attributed what is called the "Clustering Illusion", which in behavioural science describes a human tendency to see patterns in small sample sizes (your played games) that don't actually exist and are caused by strong variation (team quaility on any given MMR) in even small sample sizes (players you play with). What you have to realize though is that in many games you have very limited control over the outcome of the game. You will loose a major percentage of your games (maybe up to 40%, there is really no way to figure out the exact number) almost no matter what you do (except carry hard), but also win the same number no matter what you do (except feed hard). The 40% in between is where your own performance matters. Even the best players often do not rise above a 60% winrate in their games, but that is not due to the system being rigged against them that is just due to immense variation in team quaility even in small sample sizes of players. Even Faker, who is one of the best, or most probably the best players in this game only has a 65% winrate in the NA SoloQ Ranked. (http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=mid+fekar). It was still enough to climb to Rank 3 in a matter of a few weeks, so a winrate of 65% will have you climb pretty fast. Similarily a winrate of 55%, which doesnt seem that impressive will also result in a quick and steady climb, although not as fast as Faker's.
: > [{quoted}](name=Fimbulvethr,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Izo8APEE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-10-29T15:50:38.260+0000) > > Nobody is forcing you to play FlexQ if you dont want to... Dude how u dont understand.. Some kid will be dynamic boosted and switch to soloQ to pickup border.. and game will be ruined..
> [{quoted}](name=Genja007,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Izo8APEE,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-10-29T15:52:06.553+0000) > > Dude how u dont understand.. Some kid will be dynamic boosted and switch to soloQ to pickup border.. and game will be ruined.. Dude how u dont understand.. Solo and Flex ratings are completely seperated. If you are any rank in FlexQ and Switch to SoloQ you will be unranked.
: FlexQ will be the biggest mistake u have done riot....
Nobody is forcing you to play FlexQ if you dont want to...
: can't i trash talk in a pvp game?
In fact in most competitive sports trash talk is not an integral part of the game. Just as an example: In American Football a player who commits two offenses of certain types of unsportmanlike conduct will be disqualified from the game. Among those: Taunting an enemy player, which will result in penalties for the offending players team. Abusive language, insults and threats will result in penalties. Similar rules exist in basically any other competetive team sport. Just because you're on the internet does not mean you can insult other players at will. It is not about anyone not being able to take anything. It is about you behaving like an asshole for no valid reason.
IronToadd (EUW)
: Matchmaking
Matchmaking in Normals is not guaranteed to be 100% balanced and often wont be, since you can queue up with anyone.
JakiStow (EUW)
: Do you guys really never use the custom item sets ?
I really hope they overthink that decision and maybe readd the feature. I do use it because I think its a lot simpler than having to remember all possible items and search them on the shop and the Recommended section often doesnt have items I would like to have or has them in the wrong order. I also used it to train myself to buy more Pink Wards, since I could just add them to all segements of the item set to function as a constant reminder. Gonna miss that feature a lot.
: Need tips to leave bronze...
From a quick glance at your match history: 1) Make it a habit to buy pinks. In most of your games you buy either none or almost none. Not only do they provide a lot of vision when placed right, but they can also heavily deny enemy vision. On lane they expand your vision especially during the eraly levels and make ganks on your lane easier. 2) Ward more, ward better. It is hard to judge from your match history alone but placing more wards and achieveing better vision control can instantly boost you a lot, since the enemy support in your elo likely will have poor viosion control. Also buy Oracle Lens, you need it to deny enemy vision on objectives. 3) Dies less. You die a lot...in many of your recent games you died up to 15 times and often around 10 times. That is basically giving the enemy team free gold. Unless you play an initiator support (Leona, etc) you should try to keep the number of deaths below 6. I can't say why you die so much but you want to work on that. 4) Consider switching champions. Tresh has probably the highest skillcap of all supports and you are probably not playing him even close to his full potential. Blitzcrank can be good on lane as long as people dont know how to play agsint him but he falls off hard later in the game unless you got godlike hooks. There is a lot of supports that you can pick up way easier so you can focus your learning effort on learning the game and not Thresh mechanics.
SygmaTh (EUW)
: Doing a study on benefits of online gaming. Need your help!
I took your study and I have one major point of critique you might want to adress in your paper. One might say that what you are checking here is not in fact benefits and drawbacks of video gaming but personality types. The first page where you have major questions deals with how one acts when working isnside a group. Even if there are differing results between players of different kinds of gamers you can't say that those are due to the games they play. Correlation does not mean causation. It could also just be that different personality types (who come with differences in how one works inside groups) are attracted to different kinds of games. Especially on the last page you have questions like "I feel comfortable in social situations", "I allow friends to see who I really am". Those seem to relate much more to personality types (especially on an introverted - extroverted scale) than any abilities one might attain from gaming. In total what you seem to be testing for is what personalities are attracted by certain types of games, not benefits from gaming.
: Why is SKT Bang better than other SKT players?(terms of soloQ)
Can have many different reasons. Maybe the other dont play as much on their accounts and havent grinded as much LP. Maybe they use their accounts to train champions and he only plays his main(s). Also maybe he is just a better player in a SoloQ environment. The skills needed to work in a professional team are somewhat different from SoloQ, so performance there is not entirely a good indicator of pro play performance.
arthimv (EUW)
: So all of you guys are blaming G2 about being an embarassment for EuW Isnt Splyce 0-3 Aswell or am i wrong ?
> [{quoted}](name=arthimv,realm=EUW,application-id=N9uP9Byj,discussion-id=Opp5jVn9,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-10-03T09:41:22.878+0000) > > So all of you guys are blaming G2 about being an embarassment for EuW > Isnt Splyce 0-3 Aswell or am i wrong ? Nobody expected Splyce to do well, since they are EU's #3 seed in a very hard group and are also made up of mostly inexperirnced and young players. G2 on the other hand were the #1 seed and should have done much much better. Also many people probably have not forgiven them for what they did at MSI. Its kinda the 2nd tournament where they are a total embrassment to their region. Best name I've heard them called so far is G2 Freesports btw...
Eambo (EUW)
: [Spoilers] Who's staying up for World's tonight!
Uh oh...EU teams are looking very weak so far.
Eambo (EUW)
: [Spoilers] Who's staying up for World's tonight!
I will be staying up for at least the first game. I really hope Eu can do well in the tournament and depsite their poor performance at MSi G2 is probably our best shot at that, so I want to see how they do. Anything after that depends on how hyped I am versus how sleepy I am.
ThePikol (EUNE)
: Team with supp should win more often that the one without, right?
The only way these kind of supports can come out ahead of the typical regular support is by making kills in lane. I'll explain why: In a regular game the support will always be the team member with the least gold (by a somewhat strong margin) on their team, which means less items. Mages like Annie or Vel'Koz are very dependant on items for them to have any influence on the game, since they need the stats to do damage. Most supports however share the trait that they can have major influence on the game even when low on gold (which is one of the main reasons they are played as support in the first place). This is usually due to their kit being filled with utility and CC. So if no kills happen in lane these damage supports will be gold starved and their influence on the game will be greatly reduced compared to most other supports. Avoiding risky fights should be the primary goal against these supports as even a 1 for 1 killtrade is usually a disadvantage in these lanes.
: Silver players & Jungle
I played jungle earlier this season and it just got too exhausting. You will get blamed for any lost lane. If the enemy jungler ever ganks any lane more than you (no matter what else you've been doing) flame will often begin. If you want to play junglers with a slower early you will be flamed for not ganking and/or farming enough. People will misplay their lvl 1-2 hard and then continue to spam assist pings while you haven't even finished your first clear. Players who are just too bad to win their lane expect you to wipe their asses and do it for them. Stuff like that just is really tiresome on the long run and took out a lot of fun off the role and game for me. Even as a support I dont get blamed and flamed nearly as often as back when I jungled. And that was when I had a 70% winrate on my jungle champion (Sejuani), so I played farily well and still got blamed a lot.
Raa (EUNE)
: Sona in pro play?
She has been played for only very ferw games this seasons. I also doubt this will change for Worlds, since other supports can fulfill the same tasks better and are less prone to having their weaknesses exploited. (This really only applies to pro play, soloq is a totally different game)
: Just got 14 day banned, so i cant get ranked rewards, right?
Yes you won't receive the rewards. You can still try to climb just to be a better player though :)
Rstonius (EUW)
: End of the season is around the corner! And i have a question!
Remove Locket. Add an item made specially for Tank supports to replace Locket. Add a support item that builds out of Tear.
: I like the first tip a lot, ive actually not though about that, however some foods tastes disgusting when un-frozen such as chicken for some reason, however, other meats are fine :D Im a very clean guy by nature (not a clean freak mind you) so yeah, I might dedicate a good 30 minutes during week days to organise and sort shit out, and complete chill at the weekends... I also have to get in the habit of doing shopping lists, we all know that feel of coming back home and forgetting a product, ingredien at the store :/
> [{quoted}](name=Scrublord69,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=GY4rFtl7,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2016-09-13T15:24:49.190+0000) > > I like the first tip a lot, ive actually not though about that, however some foods tastes disgusting when un-frozen such as chicken for some reason, however, > other meats are fine :D If you can always buy meat fresh. Chicken can be frozen without problems when cooked and fresh when you do it right. Following rules make frozen foods loose the least quality: 1. Freeze as soon as possible 2. Try to freeze inside a container or bag that contains the least amount of air and moisture possible, this prevents vitamin loss and freeze burn. (this is especially crucial with meat, use bags and suck out most of the air or they will loose quality) 3. If you freeze more than 1kg of stuff at once use the Shockfrost (or similar) feature of the freezer to avoid slow freezing Also some suggestions for foods that can be frozen well: 1. Currys - Google for Thai Yellow Curry if you dont like it spicy, it freezes well is simple to make and you can vary the ingredients a lot depending on taste and availability. 2. Chili - Freezes well and again you can vary the ingredients a lot 3. Dishes like Filled Peppers also freeze well and are simple to warm up in a microwave/oven 4. Stews- There are thousands of stews in the world and thea all freeze well and are simple to prepare 5. Soups- Try Soups that have a lot of ingredients as they fill you up better. All these food also have in common that the effort to make them doesnt increase 1:1 with the amount you make. Making 4x the amount of curry is just a question of taking a bigger pot and cutting more stuff, but overall you invest a lot less than 4x the time for 4x the food compared to making single portions. > [{quoted}](name=Scrublord69,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=GY4rFtl7,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-09-13T15:26:37.027+0000) > > wow sounds horrible how you had to renovate a bit.. Wasnt that funny, but the rent on the place is pretty low and if you want to live in a city like Munich thats kinda overcrowded you 'd sell your soul and grandmother for a cheap place
: Damn get that depression diagnosed, Ive had depression started since i was 13, but didnt seek treatment until my late 18's, its a lot better after the treatment Im actually not depressed anymore, I just have social anxiety left which is currently being treated with xanax, (i pop a pill whenever I go out and I feel 10X better and a lot more chill and social on xanax) Thanks for the in sight , and yeah I will be living a 7 hour drive from my parents, so thats going to be hard espicially if I need help of some kind... Im leaving on Sunday with my dad to get all my shit sorted out, then im on my own :/ I did live on my own before when I did two week stages, but honestly I dont know how I will react after months of being independant, Its actually fucking scary that you have so much shit to do that you take for granted, washing/ drying clothes, Doing the dishes, Cooking, Cleaning, Sorting stuff out, will take like 2 hours a day... Plus I get exhausted so easily hmmm also im worried that I will get trash internet xD
> [{quoted}](name=Scrublord69,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=GY4rFtl7,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-09-13T13:51:04.869+0000) > washing/ drying clothes, Doing the dishes, Cooking, Cleaning, Sorting stuff out, > will take like 2 hours a day... If you do it smart it is gonna be a lot less. Following tips help a lot (although some sound more unsanitary than they actually are) 1. Cook for several days at once and freeze 2. Try not to make things dirty unless necessary - you dont need to do dishes everay day, but you need to make sure you do soak them when you let them stand overnight. 3. Keep an on-going shopping list on the fridge to avoid unnecessarty trips to the store (I had to do that a lot, since id always forget to write down things) 4. Avoid unnecessary laundry, Jeans can be worn several days without smelling and such. (Please dont wear underwear for more than one day!) 5. What I find particularly helpful: Dont do any chores on weekends. it forces you to find small spaces of time during the week to it, which is most likely time youd have spent browsing Netflix or sth like that. This way the weekend is truly free and chores feel less oppressing.
: What it feels like to move out?
> [{quoted}](name=Scrublord69,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=GY4rFtl7,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-09-13T12:37:35.290+0000) > > At the age of 20 im moving out to an apartment on Sunday, a 7 hour drive from home... > Im really nervous and annoyed about re-starting my fucking life for the 6th bloody time.. > > Anyways i was just wondering what you guys felt when you first moved out? > How was your mental state after a month? > Did you cook mostly where you lived? > DId you live with other people, how did you manage montly rate? I just moved out a mere 2 weeks ago and Im around the same age as you so I have some super fresh first hand experience for you :). i moved in with 2 good friends of mine so the situation might be different though. > Anyways i was just wondering what you guys felt when you first moved out? I dunnow at this point it doesnt feel that special. Kinda feels like the times when you used to be home alone for a few days. Life just continues like it always did :) > How was your mental state after a month? Cant speak for after one month but at this point just normal. Moving was pretty stressful though, since we also had to fix up major parts of the appartment (we had no kitchen and walls needed to be painted and were in a bad state, one had 4 layers of old tapestry over each other). Make sure you get as many people to help you as possible and do as much in advance of the moving day(s) as you can as that helps with the stress greatly. > Did you cook mostly where you lived? 90% of the time I cook myself. It is cheaper and healthier that way (and imo tastier) and once you get into it cooking can be a lot of fun. I used to cook for myself 50% of the time before I moved out too, though so I wasnt unprepared. A tip is to learn to do dishes that you can easily freeze and defrost. (Examples are Chili and Curry dishes). So you can cook several portions at once (its not a lot more effort, you just have to cut more stuff), freeze them and then you have a few days where you dont actually need to cook, but still have good meal available. > DId you live with other people, how did you manage montly rate? As I said I moved in with 2 friends. i manage the monthly rate by working part-time next to my studies at unversity.
4L4N54R (EUW)
: well if i did post whole team results every game. Then it will just make everything clear. But i would never do that. And i find your comment interesting which means I haven't tossed it aside and even + 1 you. I only said it doesn't apply to me. If I am carrying whole teams as support, could mean the system is doing something strange to pit a weak team I am in against better players in every game. I am sure I am not the only one complainig here about system matchmaking. Maybe complainers shoulf get together and see if anything improves.
> [{quoted}](name=4L4N54R,realm=EUW,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=7wLuiyAv,comment-id=000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2016-09-13T11:41:37.531+0000) > > . I only said it doesn't apply to me. This sums up your whole problem in one sentence (and you even wrote it yourself). Players who are much better than you have given you the same suggestions over and over and you have chosen to ignore them. There are gaping holes in your game knowledge and gigantic mistakes in your playstyle that are painfully obvious for any half decent player. Yet you keep insisting that somehow you know better than anyone else and you do not need to work on your playsytle at all and that somehow Riot designed their whole MMR system just to single you out of the millions of their players and to keep you down. You have the right to chose to ignore any helpful advice. But in doing so you are like an athlete that refuses to do training and keeps insisting his poor performance is not due to his poor stamina, but due to the wrong kind of flooring being laid out in the stadium. In this context it is very obviously a completely ridiculous claim, yet you use the same argumentation to justify your unwillingness to adapt your playstyle and to take advice from people who simply know better than you. I will tell you one last time. If you maintain this attitude you will always remain stuck in low elo. And you will continue to have no idea why you are actually stuck there, while crying about the unfairness of the MMR system, just like so many others who have the exact same problem as you do. And added to that you will always be playing way under your full potential since your true enemy is not the enemy team, or your team, or Riot, it is yourself. I am happy to reply to any post regarding gameplay questions or questions about champion playstyles (I main Sona, so i can help you with that especially), but I doubt your attitude will actually allow you to see that you need help in these regards and I also doubt your future posts will go in that direction. I have no interest in further trying to help someone who is not here to improve but to cry and find players who have similar bad attitudes to comfirm his biased way of thinking and shift blame to others. Good luck on the Rift Summoner!
4L4N54R (EUW)
: Yes just from my scores it tells you, I don't feed, I assist well and judging by the fact I get honoured almost every game even in defeats, I never really get called Kser for the kills i have. May be on my part, things are working right. Your comment is interesting, but valid if I was a feeder who died more times than I did anything else. For your information, Adcs on the whole enjoy playing with me as I rarely cause them distress with my play. It isn't me at fault. It is the matchmaking.
> [{quoted}](name=4L4N54R,realm=EUW,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=7wLuiyAv,comment-id=0001000000010000,timestamp=2016-09-13T10:35:38.899+0000) > > Yes just from my scores it tells you, I don't feed, I assist well and judging by the fact I get honoured almost every game even in defeats, I never really get called Kser for the kills i have. May be on my part, things are working right. > > Your comment is interesting, but valid if I was a feeder who died more times than I did anything else. For your information, Adcs on the whole enjoy playing with me as I rarely cause them distress with my play. It isn't me at fault. It is the matchmaking. Your enemies are likely to make just as many and heavy mistakes as you (hence why they're also B5), so just the fact that you don't play bad on your current elo doesn't say anything. You need to play better than your current elo if you want to climb. Your ADCs and teammates play on the same level as you do and likely lack knowledge in the same way you do. Their judgement of your playstyle is irrelevant. If you want to get better you dont look for teachers who are as good as you, you look for teachers who are better than you. And again you show that you have a giant problem with attitude. Instead of referring to any of my suggestions for improving yourself you post invalid claims about the quality of your playstyle and use them to justify the idea that you're not at fault for anything and that the system is at fault instead.
4L4N54R (EUW)
: All i got so far except a few comments, is an observation of build flaws. But why is that in normal I do so well using the same build and tactics. Ylou could say a player might give 50% effort in normals but I doubt it as they flame and get angry when things go wrong there. And also in normals, there are higher divison players, ie from gold and silver there. So i can do well against most but not my own divison in ranked. As I said, it isnt trinkets, or sightstones or boots. or the lack of knowledge of the game. Something else is wrong. Is it not a good thing that the supp does well, then shoouldn't the whole team ? How does the enemy supp in most games have no impact yet they win. Matchmaking issue I think.
> [{quoted}](name=4L4N54R,realm=EUW,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=7wLuiyAv,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2016-09-13T09:44:07.047+0000) > >But why is that in normal I do so well using the same build and tactics. Ylou could say a player might give 50% effort in normals but I doubt it as they flame and get angry when things go wrong there. And also in normals, there are higher divison players, ie from gold and silver there. Unless you show us your real account I can not comment on the difference in quality between your Normals and Rankeds, but many people in Normals play for fun, on off-roles or to learn new champions. Also Normals MMR is different from Ranked MMR, so the players you might meet there may in fact be even worse than those you meet in Rankeds. Them being Silver/Gold also doesnt say anything. Quite a few people get boosted to such ranks and then exclusively play Normals for the rest of the season.
4L4N54R (EUW)
: Thanks . I think you got something right. Teams dont benefit from supports. Or don't see the value of one in these low level games. They do their own things and then blame supoport if they die. They dont coordinate atatcks with supp. Even if i do ping not to attack/dive, they still will. I play a style that works in normals but not in ranked. The same type of players play both. I personally think my stats are too good to lose every game. Dont want to sound cocky but I think maybe the system matches me up 1 v 5 , then adds the leftovers who have terrible match history. Becasue I think I am going to stay bronze 5 for however long I play ths game. I will have to start recording myself and then let people see if this sort of playing deserves bronze 5.
> [{quoted}](name=4L4N54R,realm=EUW,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=7wLuiyAv,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-09-13T09:27:47.038+0000) > > Thanks . I think you got something right. Teams dont benefit from supports. Or don't see the value of one in these low level games. They do their own things and then blame supoport if they die. They dont coordinate atatcks with supp. Even if i do ping not to attack/dive, they still will. > > I play a style that works in normals but not in ranked. The same type of players play both. I personally think my stats are too good to lose every game. Dont want to sound cocky but I think maybe the system matches me up 1 v 5 , then adds the leftovers who have terrible match history. Becasue I think I am going to stay bronze 5 for however long I play ths game. > > I will have to start recording myself and then let people see if this sort of playing deserves bronze 5. You're not gonna like what comes next... Just from the small parts of your Match History you showed it can be seen that you lack grasp of basic concepts of the game that are crucial to success as support in this game. 1) ALWAYS (YES, ALWAYS!) buy Sightstone early and NEVER (!) sell it. ALWAYS buy Pink wards and have one on the map, especially against champs like Rengar or Eve always have them on you. One of the main tasks of supporting this season is vision control. It starts in lane. Vision control prevents enemy ganks, makes friendly ganks work and helps keep the bushes safe if engage support hide in them. Midgame it prevents sucessful enemy roams, helps secure objectives (drake, towers). Lategame it secures Baron and allows for catches that can win games. It is crucial to your success as support that you understand the concept of when and what to ward and you can not climb without getting better at it. Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt3TVKCFiTk. Learn and apply the concepts mentioned there. I climbed from B2 to G4 (so far) this season and the single biggest difference between supports of both levels is their grasp of vision control. 2) Do better builds. Your builds are crap (yes pretty much 100% crap). You said you play Sona and Nami. You show here again you lack basic understanding of a central concept of the game. **-** Go get the blue support item (Spellthiefs Edge). Especially on Sona its easy to proc and generates way more gold than coin. **-** Dont get Mobi boots ever (yes NEVER). Mobis are only good on roaming supports (Bard, Leona). Get Ionian Boots of Luciditiy if you're starved for gold and need cheap CDR. get Mercury Threads or Ninja Tabis if they have lots of that damage type or you need their passives. **-** Stop this Tear into Full AP shit. You're not the midlaner, you're the support. Your gold income as support is limited and these items don't do enough for you for what they cost. **-** Learn to adapt your build. Sometimes rushing Athenes is a good way to play, sometimes you need other items first or you can even allow yourself to rush Lichbane (please dont do that on Soraka). That cant be thaught, you need to learn that by experince and by making a conscious effort to make better builds. **Example Sona Build (works in 95% of cases): ** {{item:3303}} 3x{{item:2003}} ->{{item:3098}} ->{{item:2049}} -> {{item:3111}} {{item:3047}} {{item:3158}} ->{{item:3174}} ->{{item:2301}} -> {{item:3504}} ->{{item:3190}} ** Agressive Sona Build (Works in lanes that can be poked and against squishy team comps) : ** {{item:3303}} 3x{{item:2003}} -> {{item:3098}} -> {{item:3057}} -> {{item:2049}} -> {{item:3158}} -> {{item:3100}} -> {{item:3174}} -> {{item:3285}} 3) Improve your attitude. Your attitude is that you know a lot and that you're better than those on your elo and that is not your fault that you can't climb, but the system is there to bring you down. (Hint: its not). With that attiitude you blame any losses on your team/the system and dont actively look for ways to improve your own gameplay. As seen above even without seeing you play I can show you 2 areas of the game where you lack crucial skills and that you need to improve heavily if you want to climb. Keeping an attitude that shifts blame away from you wont help with that. Sorry for the harsh tone but in my experience it works best.
Dairtan (EUW)
: If you are TOXIC good for you, you are better than people who troll or just don't give a damn
I have come back from bad starts in many games. A recent example is a game where my team was behind for 7,5k for 6 minutes and smaller amounts for most of the game. I have come back from games where my team was behind 10,4k@25 mins. I have won games where my team was playing 4vs5. I have won games in Silver where we had 2 players who were fresh lvl 30 and the enemies were all experienced. These games all have one thing in common and that is cooperation and the absolute lack of flame. I almost never come back in games where people start to flame each other. It instantly destroys team cohesion and motivation in 95% of all cases. I also lost sure games like having a 15/0 Darius @15 on my team just because the guy randomly decided to flame everyone and tried to play 1vs5. Sure the team was behind a bit (1:7 kills on other lanes) , but it wouldve been an easy win if he had just played as a carry for the team instead of going solo, doing stupid "plays", wasting his lead and flaming the team. And that is why I am really opposed to comparing trolling/inting and flaming to each other. Each of those is just as bad as the other. They all significantly decrease the win chance of the team in any context and there is no valid reason for doing that. Tips for the OP: 1) Limit your champion pool: You have a solid >60% winrate on your two most played champs but only 42 and 43% on Yasou and Zed. Either get better at these champs in normals or stop playing them, they decrease your overall winrate. 2) Buy more Pinks. In some games you have none, in others just 1-3. Anyone needs to buy pinks, but especially as support you need more of them. 3) Stop blaming on teams. Sure bad games happen, but easy games also happen. The brain just tends to focus on negative experiences a lot more. Only if you accept that the only way to get better is to improve your own game can you actually get better.
: troll champ select
How do you prevent it from being abused? Say you get in champ select with a premade and they go "Pick X champion", but you dont want to and then they report you?
AlexGG24 (EUNE)
: perma ban for what? if riot would start using eliminations sistem this problem would not exist and what is bad in int feed when someone trolls you? if he trolls that means he doesn't care about that match right? if he makes me tilt why wouldn't i do the same to him?
> [{quoted}](name=AlexGG24,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=nb8bZJUT,comment-id=00090001,timestamp=2016-08-29T13:24:27.639+0000) > > perma ban for what? > if riot would start using eliminations sistem this problem would not exist and what is bad in int feed when someone trolls you? if he trolls that means he doesn't care about that match right? if he makes me tilt why wouldn't i do the same to him? While I would certainly like to explain this to you I have neither the time nor the crayons to do so. In short: No matter what your teammates do does not justify you behaving like a total ass.
Deeze11 (EUNE)
: But why ? Are you in the team only with that dude that banned your champion or with another 3 players ... See, that's what bugs me about people, they don't give a sh*t about the rest, they tunnel vision on the one that tries to annoy them and make 3 other people suffer because of their selfishness
> [{quoted}](name=Deeze11,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=9EoIcy8U,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2016-08-26T18:09:22.788+0000) > > But why ? Are you in the team only with that dude that banned your champion or with another 3 players ... See, that's what bugs me about people, they don't give a sh*t about the rest, they tunnel vision on the one that tries to annoy them and make 3 other people suffer because of their selfishness I main Sona and play her in about 80-90% of my games. She is usually never banned and has few real counterpicks so it usually doesnt matter. the 10-20% are games where I absolutely cant pick her (for example enemy has picked Blitzcrank before me). Playing Sona is the way I enjoy this game the most, no matter what. It just demotivates me if someone else on my team ruins that on purpose. Also its the champ I have by far the most experience playing, so I'll naturally not be as good on any other champ, which further demotivates me. Sure there is 3 others in that team that have nothing to do with this but I guess in that case thats just their bad luck.
Deeze11 (EUNE)
: If a teammate bans the champion you wanted to play
I can accept it if its been an honest mistake, but if someone does it just to annoy me then no you can't expect me to try my hardest in that game. Also yes my champion pool is super small, but my main is never banned so it usually does not matter. Playing that champ is how I enjoy LoL the most and someone ruining that on purpose is just very demotivating.
: yea, gul´dan looks better than ever with the rework...wait, yea, yorick....is that gul´dan though?
> [{quoted}](name=vampirekid13,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=tnlJ1nAq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-08-23T14:12:46.935+0000) > > yea, gul´dan looks better than ever with the rework...wait, yea, yorick....is that gul´dan though? Lol my exact thoughts as well on seeing that video
Eveninn (EUW)
: What are your favourite quotes of your Top 3 champions?
{{champion:37}} "With perfect tempo." {{champion:75}} "No dawn comes without darkness." {{champion:113}} "Living in fear is not living at all." These quotes just really embody the personality of the champion for me.
Eveninn (EUW)
: Okay, you'll have to fill me in, what is Seju refering to with that one? :o
> [{quoted}](name=GPet,realm=EUW,application-id=yTagKVTg,discussion-id=Elmxl6fG,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2016-08-22T09:17:16.471+0000) > > Okay, you'll have to fill me in, what is Seju refering to with that one? :o Seju is probably referring to Ashe hiding behind Braums shield. (SInce they both are Avarosians and Seju leads the Winters Claw)
: The Mark of a Bad Player
They constantly have a huge number of deaths in their games. Usually indicates a severe lack of map awareness, positioning or game sense, or most of the time all 3 of those to some extent.
: What an epic rage!
Nothing more annyoing than a Jungler that insists on coming for a gank when you specifically told him not to do it and pinged him away on his whole way to your lane. Still no reason to rage like that tough.
candoodle (EUW)
: Do certain roles attract certain personalities?
You might find this interesting. Theres an actual statistical confirmation for your observation. 2 years ago some guy pulled the data from the Tribunal on who got banned for toxicity and what their mains were. You can find the Thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1ynzsg/champions_played_by_the_most_toxic_players_chart/ And the corrected chart here (he made a mistake in the formula in the original post, results stay more or less the same though): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EfbEHgdJKFuatjejJiYr94tG_tYJx2Ry90NR_NqfUHk/edit
: > [{quoted}](name=XxninjaPANDAxX,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=d4tXxOVB,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2016-08-12T12:07:04.459+0000) > > That's because thresh doesn't need a nerf, he is perfectly balanced and struggles against good sorakas. Right. As I guess that dodging hooks to avoid being killed instantly is so much "struggling" for the Thresh.
> [{quoted}](name=Sarchiapon,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=d4tXxOVB,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2016-08-12T12:46:26.053+0000) > > Right. As I guess that dodging hooks to avoid being killed instantly is "struggling". If you play Soraka right you should never even get into a position where you need to dodge a hook vs. Thresh. (Hint: He cant hook through minions)
R4pir (EUNE)
: Not saying its undeserved,just that punishment is such pain in the ... but waiting for 20 minutes,that 15-20 more mintes waiting in queue,it kills every joy of playing after that
> [{quoted}](name=R4pir,realm=EUNE,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=AH4qGRAh,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-08-12T10:06:59.611+0000) > > Not saying its undeserved,just that punishment is such pain in the ... but waiting for 20 minutes,that 15-20 more mintes waiting in queue,it kills every joy of playing after that This is precisely the purpose of that punishment. If it wasn't annyoing for you then it wouldn't really be a punishment. it also doesn't matter what reasons you have for going afk, be it an immature brother or your boss. It is your job to make sure you can finish the games you start and other players suffer if you can't, regardless of your reasons.
AstralDream (EUNE)
: Autofill idiocy
So people want their role guaranteed, have the MMR of all players in the game be very similar and have short queue times at the same time...yeah that's not gonna work out. It's always gonna be a tradeoff of some kind between the 3 of these as long as all roles are not equally played by the playerbase and I dont see that happening.
: NERF or REWORK Irelia pls
Theres nerfs to her passive coming that will make it a whole lot easier to CC and kite her.
: What do you think is the unhealthiest item in the game?
Im gonna go with {{item:3116}} here. Its an item that makes so many champs so hard to balance, because it provides a permament CC to champions that were built around the fact that they lack CC. Its the main reason Vlad, Malz, Viktor and Azir are or were so annyoing. A 40% multitarget slow that constantly refreshes is just too much on these champs.
Rayz01 (EUW)
: Caitlyn's Headshot.
Dude I watched the replay of that game. We're talking about a 15/4 full build lategame Cait with 80% crit chance, Bloodthirster and Elixir of Wrath. Oh and also with heal up. At that point Cait had ~18k gold total, while you and Volibear had about 11k each. So from Gold alone she was close to both of you combined. You have 116 Armor, Volibear has 188 and you expect to be able to live against a full build lategame adc? Sorry thats not how this game works. For all those who wonder. She did indeed stand still and just facetank them, but thanks to her being insanely ahead and her items+elixir providing decent lifesteal she is indeed able to do so. Kassadin basically is forced to go Zhonyas after barely one spell rotation and Volibear just does zero damage, bites way too early and dies just about as Kassadin comes out of Zhonyas.
TheLHF (EUW)
: Trouble with ranked
The first reason is the MMR difference. Ranked and Normals have different MMR, which means that the opponents you get in Normals might actually play on a lower skill level that the ones you get in Ranked. The second reason is that many people play Normals to train or for fun. They will play off-role or champions that they usually don't play, so they might not be playing on the level they would if they were to play on their main role and champion. In Rankeds people usually try their hardest and also play roles and champions they know.
UsefZ (EUNE)
: Summoner Pressed R, it was not SUPER EFFECTIVE!!!
I highly doubt the problem is on Riots side, or a lot more players would have that problem. You might wanna check if you're maybe pressing too many keys at once. In order to save money, keyboard manufacturers often put many keys on the same "circuit" of sorts within the wiring of the keyboard. This prevents multiple keys in the same region of the keyboard from being pressed simultaneously. Sometimes it even prevents more than 2 keys at all from across the whole keyboard being pressed at once. This is especially the case for cheap keyboards and Laptop keyboards. So you might have other keys pressed at the same time and your keyboard simply does not register R being pressed at all. Please try another keyboard (preferably a high quaility one) and see if the error persists.
Appá (EUW)
: Lose first game of promos and removed from promos!?
I just looked up your profile in the Client and it says you're still in your promotional series. (Look under the Leagues Tab, not the Profile Tab) It just shows like this in the Profile Tab, since you have normal LP loss in Promos, which is why if you loose your promos you usually end at 60-80 LP and not at 100 LP.
Show more

Fimbulvethr

Level 118 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion