Mcgalakar (EUNE)
: >but when someone gets permabanned for only saying "idiot" So, how can you say that a ban was unjustified, when in fact you broke the rules? Rule is simply: don't be toxic, calling someone an idiot is toxic. Also you were not banned permanently for saying "idiot" once. You were banned because even if Riot already gave you a warning, you decided to ignore it. So you can't say that Riot does not life a permanent suspension when they are given by mistake, because simply yours was not.
The thing which I'm against is, they're putting me in the same category in which people are being extremely toxic to others. You might say, "Well, you had a choice. The rules are clear. Don't be toxic, even for a small amount." Sometimes toxicity motivates people though. If you'd be kind to a person, and if that person is being even more toxic after your kindness, then your kindness isn't working. If you continue being kind, then you'd lose the game. Violent people are being motivated by fear and aggressiveness, because they worship power. They don't respect kind people, because they consider them as weak. And they feel like they can bully and troll weak people, because it's fun. Riot doesn't recognize this. And people like you also don't recognize this simple human behavior. Remember that peaceful people didn't stop violent people. It's people who wanted peace acted violently, because they had to, ended wars. Yeah, this is not a war, it's just a game, but still, the system works the same way.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=5QziYz0M,comment-id=0000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-11T04:40:50.087+0000) > > So, an insult is not a bad word? Interesting. > > What did Riot punish, again? Ah... yes... *insults*. That's not an insult, it's what they are. I didn't call them a slur which is used for homosexuals or a gypsy or a goat molesting Arab. Nothing like that. No slurs, no sexual remarks. Nothing. Just, "idiot". That's it. And in nowhere in the world, people are being punished, for calling a healthy minded person as an idiot, for the result of their idiotic actions, because they chose to act idiotically. > So you *were* able to send a ticket, I'm glad you solved the issue. > > It seems the support's response wasn't to your liking - were you trying to argue that insulting people's intelligence is not an insult, by any chance? I _was_ able to send a ticket. Check the date of the ticket, it's 5 days before. I've created this thread yesterday.
Febos (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Grimmaydie,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=5QziYz0M,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-05-10T17:11:45.921+0000) > > I've already tried that. Didn't work. [Click here](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests).
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=5QziYz0M,comment-id=00000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-10T17:34:09.515+0000) > > That's not a gift. It's compensation. Can you link me the terms of service which mentions this type of compensation at the face of a mistake? > That's called "punishment escalation". By breaking the rules on a constant basis, punishment after punishment, there's no choice but to ban you, because you refuse to comply to the Terms of Use. But those old insults belonged to my 2 weeks suspension. If I didn't use bad words again, except for "idiot", how can they be used as a justification for my permaban? > Riot very rarely bans from the support, and if you're banned, you're explicitly prevented from loading the support page altogether. So, sorry, but I'm doubting your story here. > The very case I linked proves that the support *actually* is there to discuss bans. > > Players are free to send tickets about various topics - the important part is *not* to spam them. > > https://mmoexaminer.com/riot-games-reverses-league-legends-bans/ https://imgur.com/SqceYxJ So, support isn't here to discuss bans.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=5QziYz0M,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2018-05-10T17:14:38.263+0000) > > Compensating a customer for a mistake on the owner's part is standard policy. > > Do you think that with the mud banned players constantly throw at Riot, they would feel the need to compensate one single player so that he doesn't throw mud? But that policy has nothing to do with gifts. Unjustifiably banned are not connected with chests and keys. So, if they want, they can do things which are not included in their policies, but when someone gets permabanned for only saying "idiot", they won't even care to lift the ban, because the ban is justifiable, even if its justifiability is very little. The "mid Rakan" guy's ban was completely unjustifiable, that's why Riot tried to shut him up by giving gifts. > How odd. It works fine on my part. Try deleting your cache and cookies. I did that too, it changed nothing. I reached the conclusion that if it's not about my computer, then it's Riot. They don't let me access the tickets, because they don't get paid for discussing the ban, they get paid for responding to the tickets. And if someone sends more than 1 ticket, since his situation isn't solved properly, then he's a problem. Restrict his access to his tickets, never let him send a ticket again and the problem is solved easily.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=5QziYz0M,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-10T17:02:05.496+0000) >Well, surprisingly, everyone knows that it's not perfect, Riot in primis. That's why sending a ticket is worth a shot - I've personally seen a player getting unbanned after being unjustifiably permabanned, and not even too long ago. It's weird that they gave the player 2 chests and 2 keys. Was that guilt money or did they give him/her those gifts, so he/she won't reduce Riot's reputation by spreading their wrongdoing? >That's actually a bug in the support page. All you need to do to fix the issue is to log out from the boards, and log in from the support page. I've already tried that. Didn't work.
Rioter Comments
Jsp (EUW)
: You got banned for the same reason why everyone else gets banned as well? Ok.
Not everyone gets banned for flaming back. Most flamers start fights, not just reply.
: no you dont insult them you mute them and report afterward
Yes, that's what I should've done, but being insulted and not being able to insult back just hurts. It doesn't matter now.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
And I compared Riot and Hi-Rez outside of OP. I compared them above and it was a fair comparison between those two.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
The reason I gave Smite as an example is because it wouldn't be fair to compare Valve or Blizzard with Riot. Riot has only 1 game and they have more, but Hi-Rez had 1 game for 2 years. That's why it's a fair comparison. I don't know how big Hi-Rez is, but the more you earn, bigger you are. Riot must be bigger than Hi-Rez, since they earn more.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
How many sources did Hi-Rez have(Smite's dev) before Paladins? Their other game was Tribes:Ascend and that game was dead. So, Hi-Rez only had Smite for 2 years, yet they managed to get by and Smite isn't as popular as LoL. So, Riot makes even much more money from this game. So, they don't need to make everything this expensive.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
Dude, I understand that you're Emissary and have to defend Riot, but come on, we should be given a chance to at least try the champs. So, we can decide carefully about which one to buy, since they're expensive. Half of the champs were not the rotation for 2 months and RP is still expensive, even with the discounts. %50 discount is still 10 euros for 2 champs.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
But you can buy all of them with it. I'd totally shell out another 12 euros for this game, if I could get all of them.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
I started the game 2 months ago. So, I wasn't playing when the game had IP, instead of BE. Maybe you see this BE system as a good thing, since you've got used to a worse system, but this is still bad. Bad isn't better than worse. I have recently bought Quinn and to do that, I had to level up 4 times and disenchant 3 champ Shards. And it's not enough, I want to play more champs. That's why I made a new account, farmed it for like 10 games and bought Lulu. Now, I get to play with Lulu, but not on 1 account and with farming for 10 games.
: what? Just use be to unlock champs via champ shards, smh you stupid.
Shards give you %25 discount. Good luck unlocking a 6300 BE champ when you don't have enough BE.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
LeBlanc has %50 discount now. To buy her, I'll have to pay for 5 Euros. 5 Euros for 1 champ which has discount? Is it not too much?
Rhosta (EUNE)
: You know that shards can be used to permanently unlock champs at discount, right?
I know it, but what difference will the discount make, if I can't buy the champ? I mean, I have Kayn's Shard now, and to unlock him, I gotta give 3780 BE. Right now, I have 142 BEs. To get that amount, I'll have to level 4-5 times. To do that, I'll have to play for 40-50 matches. Averagely, every match is 35 minutes. 45*35=1575 minutes=26,25 hours. Yeah.
Rioter Comments
nesfir (EUW)
: obviously not, not every person in prison deserves to be there....
Finally, a person who does not seperate reality situations from internet situations. Kudos to you sir/ma'am.
Rismosch (EUW)
: Nonono. You get this wrong. There are no mods. An automated system punishes players. And note that: "_**Excessive**_ negative behavior can result in a Two-Week or Permanent suspension at any time without having a chat restriction on the account." For example "f a g" and "k y s" are examples of _**excessive**_ negative behaviour. If you don't show extreme toxicity, you can expect to get chat restrictions before you get any ban.
> [{quoted}](name=Rismosch,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=A2E656T3,comment-id=0000000000000001000100000001,timestamp=2017-12-21T10:03:44.334+0000) > > Nonono. You get this wrong. There are no mods. An automated system punishes players. And note that: > > "_**Excessive**_ negative behavior can result in a Two-Week or Permanent suspension at any time without having a chat restriction on the account." > > For example "f a g" and "k y s" are examples of _**excessive**_ negative behaviour. If you don't show extreme toxicity, you can expect to get chat restrictions before you get any ban. An automated system may punish the players, but there are people who control the appeals, if you'd appeal a ban. And they'll read your appeal and check the situation. Yeah, the people who say f a g and k y s deserve the bans.
: > [{quoted}](name=Grimmaydie,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=A2E656T3,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-12-21T08:57:56.461+0000) > > Hello guys. So, I've been scrolling through the threads about bans and I wanted to see how and why people whine about their bans. Some of them are right, some of them are wrong, but according to the people who commented back, all of them are wrong and all of them deserved their bans. They have to deserve their bans, that's why they got banned, right? I mean, the system cannot be wrong, even if it's governed by humans and it doesn't matter if humans make mistakes and every human is subjective. It doesn't matter, they deserve it. All of them deserve it, right? > > Now, I never got banned, but come on, all of them are wrong? Really? I mean, I feel like when someone sees people complaining about a ban, before even reading the thread, they immediately think that they deserve it from the title and their judgment towards them shapes by the effect of their prejudices. And they look for words and sentences to prove that they did deserve the ban. Yeah, and in my opinion, people with prejudices are as bad as toxic people. And if you're one of the people who think that you're "nice", and have prejudices too... I'm afraid to say that you're bad. Evil. You're just one of the evil people who think that they're good and have a twisted morality and who thinks that they're always right, no matter in what situation. > > Don't be prejudiced. It clouds your judgment towards the people who are right. Statistically YES. In absolute numbers there will definitely be a tiny amount of banned players who didn't deserve it (and probably some of them got unbanned).
> [{quoted}](name=DimitrisTheGreat,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=A2E656T3,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2017-12-21T09:55:37.054+0000) > > Statistically YES. > In absolute numbers there will definitely be a tiny amount of banned players who didn't deserve it (and probably some of them got unbanned). "Statistically yes" means %100. You can't say that every single person who got banned deserve it and say: "there will definitely be a tiny amount of banned players who didn't deserve it (and probably some of them got unbanned)." So, there are still people who wrongly got banned. Even if the chance is %99.9999999999, there are some right people out there and we should behave as such.
Rismosch (EUW)
: That guy whined all day, that is why people didn't believe him. He called for reports and said some (debatable) harrasing stuff which he got reported for. The fact that he got a 14-Day ban means he got chat restrictions before, so he was toxic before. There is no way that this guy did not deserve his ban. He wasn't nice and whined all day. You find someone like him is actually quite often here on the boards, complaining about their bans. Just because your are right on the edge of being offensive doesn't mean you did not deserve it.
> [{quoted}](name=Rismosch,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=A2E656T3,comment-id=00000000000000010001,timestamp=2017-12-21T09:38:18.262+0000) > > That guy whined all day, that is why people didn't believe him. He called for reports and said some (debatable) harrasing stuff which he got reported for. The fact that he got a 14-Day ban means he got chat restrictions before, so he was toxic before. > > There is no way that this guy did not deserve his ban. He wasn't nice and whined all day. > You find someone like him is actually quite often here on the boards, complaining about their bans. Just because your are right on the edge of being offensive doesn't mean you did not deserve it. There are people who get insta permabanned without chat restrictions. Why? Because according to the FAQ, the moderators have the authority to do so. _"PUNISHMENTS GENERALLY FOLLOW A BASIC ESCALATION PATH: First Offense: 10 Game Chat Restriction Second Offense: 25 Game Chat Restriction Third Offense: Two Week Suspension Fourth Offense: Permanent Suspension **However, it is possible to skip to a Two Week or Permanent suspension based on the severity of the behavior in the game. Excessive negative behavior can result in a Two-Week or Permanent suspension at any time without having a chat restriction on the account.**"_
SeanGoku (EUW)
: "Intentionally Feeidng" includes "Assisting Enemy Team" for example. Depending on the extent you can go with that of course. But you can also just pick Negative Attitude and Type in the text field what happened. If he gets enough reports his account will be manually audited and in such cases having someone explain what exactly triggered you to report him can be very helpful.
> [{quoted}](name=SeanGoku,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=qmch4JVd,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-21T09:29:03.159+0000) > > "Intentionally Feeidng" includes "Assisting Enemy Team" for example. Depending on the extent you can go with that of course. But you can also just pick Negative Attitude and Type in the text field what happened. If he gets enough reports his account will be manually audited and in such cases having someone explain what exactly triggered you to report him can be very helpful. What if they go AP support, yet don't feed and don't let the teammates die and have a high KD? On top of that, what if they don't have a Negative Attitude? What else reason will you have to report them?
KerberosFi (EUNE)
: Ever wondered why players come to whine about their bans on boards? Most likely because they couldn't get their ban lifted via player support. Most of the offenders have gone through all the steps but didn't realize before perma that they probably should stop spamming "report x" or so on. It doesn't matter was the offense leading into perma mild or extreme toxicity. Even the case you linked was harassing veigar. I really beg you to find actual unjustified permas here on boards(that don't have edited chatlogs or so) because those are really few and far between.
> [{quoted}](name=KerberosFi,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=A2E656T3,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-12-21T09:32:20.186+0000) > > Ever wondered why players come to whine about their bans on boards? Most likely because they couldn't get their ban lifted via player support. Most of the offenders have gone through all the steps but didn't realize before perma that they probably should stop spamming "report x" or so on. It doesn't matter was the offense leading into perma mild or extreme toxicity. Even the case you linked was harassing veigar. I really beg you to find actual unjustified permas here on boards(that don't have edited chatlogs or so) because those are really few and far between. I know that a lot of people who deserve the ban, but yet defends themselves to lift the ban. And some may even know that they can't get the ban lifted even from the forums, but post a thread anyway, just to get the frustration out of their chests, but come on, are we going to put the people who don't deserve it in the same place with the people who deserve it?
Febos (EUW)
: In most cases, yes. However, some cases are strange, like this one: [14 days suspension](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/AYLxB5OE-your-thoughts-about-my-suspension) Read the chatlog. Here is what a Player Behaviour Specialist said about it: https://gyazo.com/20a3ce41abf63268d8f025723a5f440c I wouldn't even give him 10 games restriction, let alone 14 days suspension. That's an outlier, but it happens.
> [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=A2E656T3,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2017-12-21T09:32:20.759+0000) > > In most cases, yes. However, some cases are strange, like this one: [14 days suspension](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/AYLxB5OE-your-thoughts-about-my-suspension) > Read the chatlog. Here is what a Player Behaviour Specialist said about it: > > https://gyazo.com/20a3ce41abf63268d8f025723a5f440c > > I wouldn't even give him 10 games restriction, let alone 14 days suspension. That's an outlier, but it happens. Wow, it's just sad. This guy defends others and still gets the fall for it. Sure, what he said was against the rules, but I think that the intention of it doesn't matter to the Player Behaviour Specialists. What really matters is if it's against the rules or not. Hahaha. What a great system.
Rismosch (EUW)
: Come on bro, the guy who made the post you've linked is clearly lying. He said he played 400 games and still has no Honor Level up? Like seriously? You need less than half of that games to get even from Honor Level 2 to 5... And yes, you can get banned instantly without a warning. But you need to display severe racism, homophobia, threaten death or any of that kind to get permabanned instantly. Something like "f a g" and "k y s" are common offenders that can lead to an instant permaban.
> [{quoted}](name=Rismosch,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=A2E656T3,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-21T09:16:38.020+0000) > > Come on bro, the guy who made the post you've linked is clearly lying. He said he played 400 games and still has no Honor Level up? Like seriously? You need less games to get even from Honor Level 2 to 5... > > And yes, you can get banned instantly without a warning. But you need to display severe racism, homophobia or any of that kind to get permabanned instantly. Something like "f a g" and "k y s" are common offenders that can lead to an instant permaban. "[8:05] [All] cheiften98 (Ashe): im not raging [8:11] [All] cheiften98 (Ashe): he's sitting in spawn [8:16] cheiften98 (Ashe): im not flaming [8:23] [All] cheiften98 (Ashe): im not flaming" Hmm, maybe this guy deleted some of his chatlog, because he says "I'm not flaming" 5 mins after he says his last thing. Yeah, his thread is not a good example about not deserving bans, but here's the thing, even if he cut the chatlog and made a clean and non-toxic chatlog, the people in the comments were still trying to find reasons for him being toxic. Even if the things they say are not proper reasons for a ban. That just shows how prejudiced people are and those people would have the same attitude towards him, even if he posted the full chatlog. So, yeah, every person who get banned are being treated equally. And this equality is not good, because the ones who don't deserve it get the same treatment too.
Rismosch (EUW)
: Not everyone deserves it, but 99% of banned people do.
> [{quoted}](name=Rismosch,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=A2E656T3,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-12-21T09:10:30.194+0000) > > Not everyone deserves it, but 99% of banned people do. If a person who is in that %1 would be posting a thread about their ban in forums, but if you only saw the title of their threads, would you judge them like you do to %99 people or would you give them a chance and read their post without prejudice?
Shukr4n (EUW)
: Considering that before permaban there are 3 potwntial previoua bans, yes
> [{quoted}](name=Shukr4n,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=A2E656T3,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-21T09:01:28.549+0000) > > Considering that before permaban there are 3 potwntial previoua bans, yes This is from the Instant Feedback System FAQ: "_PUNISHMENTS GENERALLY FOLLOW A BASIC ESCALATION PATH: First Offense: 10 Game Chat Restriction Second Offense: 25 Game Chat Restriction Third Offense: Two Week Suspension Fourth Offense: Permanent Suspension However, it is possible to skip to a Two Week or Permanent suspension based on the severity of the behavior in the game. Excessive negative behavior can result in a Two-Week or Permanent suspension at any time without having a chat restriction on the account._" So, you may get insta permabanned for one game, without warning. And even if you're not against any rules, you may still get suspended or banned. This thread is one example: https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/5bBevglL-is-this-toxic
: not taking his role and ruining the game for his teammate and team
> [{quoted}](name=Van Geloff,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=qmch4JVd,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-12-21T08:58:03.010+0000) > > not taking his role and ruining the game for his teammate and team No dude, I'm talking about the ban reasons in Instant Feedback System FAQ. With which reason from the FAQ will you get them banned? Because the system doesn't work with morality, it works with written laws.
Rioter Comments
: Reporting "Supports"
Report them for what reason?
: is this toxic?
You were not being toxic, you were simply pointing out that Veigar sits on base and flames people and this is reportable. They should not have taken an action towards you dude, it's not even fair.
Lsayu (EUNE)
: You play soraka? she's the most boring champion in the entire game, also games with sorakas are the most boring games. Ever. Try lulu or nami, although nami is kind of boring as well. Leona is fun to play, and is strong too.
> [{quoted}](name=Lsayu,realm=EUNE,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=s6nNNYor,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2017-12-21T08:43:38.372+0000) > > You play soraka? she's the most boring champion in the entire game, also games with sorakas are the most boring games. Ever. > > Try lulu or nami, although nami is kind of boring as well. I find Soraka very fun to play. I'm an aggressive player, so having an aggressive playstyle kinda makes up the dull part of healing other people. And burst healing is kinda satisfying to see.
Piffy22 (EUW)
: Most fun support
She's not a good support, but I love Zyra. Best support is Soraka, but Zyra is more fun to play.
Rioter Comments
Toud (EUW)
: Rework Zed or Change his Design or something

Grimmaydie

Level 49 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion