Majordx (EUW)
: Oh plz...s9 was shit because they didnt reset the lader.Dont reset it fine.You will see silvers in diamond with 40% winrate. And no it wasnt a "soft reset".Evryone started from lower elo even if you could win 10 out of 10 promos.And it was good that way.Because good players will climb easy.I dont wanna see again bronzies in plat with 40% winrate.Spare me with that shit. S9 wasnt horrible??S6 s7 was ok was playable...From s8 was a huge fiesta.And s9 was destroyed because of solo que and non reset.Btw tell me a season that you could get to chalenger with 45% winrate.Only s9 that shit happened.
It was still a soft reset. It happens every season. --- > S9 wasnt horrible??S6 s7 was ok was playable I played in all of these seasons, and I was active on the boards. Every one of those seasons had the claim that it was the absolute worst season the game has ever had, while others claimed it was the best season the game ever had. It's a matter of perspective.
: Thanks pal, but i still get the Rewards for my top tier on end if i get demoted now correct? Ex.: p4 to g1 but get the plat rewards
Yes. Rewards are already locked in. Any change to your rank now does not impact your rewards in any manner.
: To clarify what i want to know is if i get demoted at 0 points on red shield on PRE-Season and how worth is it to play ranked for these 2 months ^_^
Yes, you can still get demoted. Nothing has changed in ranked as to how it works. Ranked during pre-season does not impact your rewards. Climbing in ranked now will improve your starting point for the next season.
: but its not unlocked yet
Rewards are sent out from today until December 4th. Just have patience.
: When i dont own aatrox i dont get the vic skin?
If you are eligible for the reward (Gold IV+ and Honor 2+) before the season ended, then you'll get both the champion and skin unlocked. You don't have to spend anything.
Temp14232 (EUW)
: this guy will probaby be back at the game the same minute he sees his main is banned by logging on his smurf. the system is flawed and needs to improve. a ban is supposed to lock out people from the game for a given time period to make them reconsider their behavior.
But how can you accurately lock out an individual of a game, without risking locking out others as well? IP's aren't unique identifiers, nor are machine ID's.
kraljsrbinx (EUNE)
: Yeah I know that but I was just asking if it is possible I mean if they think it is okey to unbann it why wouldn't they, and I know I have made a mistake for giving it away but I would just like to get it back that's all.
I'm afraid that won't be possible. Riot can't give you special treatment over other players, which is what they would be doing if they unbanned you.
kraljsrbinx (EUNE)
: m8 I didn't even think that my friend was that stupid and I'm not making that story up i swear
You're responsible for behavior displayed on the account, regardless of who uses it. Secondly, account sharing in itself is punished by permabans. If they unbanned the account since you did not display the behavior, they'd simply ban it again because you gave it away.
Høpë3 (EUNE)
: Thank you for getting back to me, Hansiman. I can understand the pressure, however this is a problem involving purchases with real currency. I am basically blocked from using what I purchased. By all means I don't want to be agressive in any way or to offend someone, but if they have ticket spikes, hire more agents. That's what we do, a company with this big revenue can't overwork their employees this badly.
> but if they have ticket spikes, hire more agents. That's not a good business idea. If you hire more agents simply due to a brief period of ticket spikes, what happens when the spike is over and you're suddenly overstaffed? Fire these people again, who are then suddenly left without a job? Hiring people is also not done in a day. Getting potential candidates, interviewing, on-boarding, and training, takes months. Not all spikes in tickets can be accurately predicted.
Høpë3 (EUNE)
: RP was deducted from my account, but nothing was received.
If you've sent in a ticket on the matter, they'll get back to you. They work through a ticket queue system, so you'll have to wait until it's your turn I'm afraid. End of season probably causes a spike in amount of tickets.
Nemitora (EUW)
: Losing Honor to BS reports
You can't say that your chat is quite ok either. It's filled with negativity and you're obviously focusing your attention at arguing with another player rather than playing the game. I would like to comment this statement: > i got a chat restriction and it only listed 1 game for it, so i have to assume it's the game that got me restricted This is not quite correct. You are **never** chat restricted for behavior displayed in a single game. That just doesn't happen. Chat restrictions appear after you've displayed a unwanted trend with your behavior in your recent games. The reform card will display **up to** three games, focusing on the most recent ones you were caught stepping out of line in. In the past, any game from the time before your punishment could have been sent to you as evidence, which resulted in a lot of players getting games they simply could not remember having played, since it was too old. If you wish to see logs from other games you were caught in, you can contact support. They'll be able to provide you with additional logs that the system picked up. You can contact them [here](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new).
VairiX (EUW)
: Bots migrating from Twisted Treeline
ARAM gets its fair share of bots, but they're mainly matched up with other bots. That's why you don't notice them that much there. --- > I GET IT, it's not so easy to detect a bot, but didn't you guys have any anticheat built into game? It actually is quite simple. But if you want it to remain simple, you gather the accounts and ban them in large waves, rather than individually each time they're detected. Each time you ban accounts for using 3rd party tools, such as bots, you provide the creator of the tool with information as to how they were detected. If they are banned right away, the tool creator can make alterations and keep retrying until the bot is undetected. If you instead gather up these accounts, and ban them in huge waves, you provide next to no information as to how detection worked. The end result is that there are fewer botted accounts than there would have been if you just banned them on sight.
Morrhen (EUW)
: You have way too much time on your hand and you're probably too lazy to find new games which would entertain you. So here you are, playing the same game on a same map every day, accomplishing nothing. Sad story of every league player :D
> So here you are, playing the same game on a same map every day, accomplishing nothing. > Sad story of every league player :D I've accomplished a lot in life since I started with LoL. Not that LoL was the cause of it, but it wasn't stopping me from whatever else I set my mind to. =/
BommiZ (EUW)
: They had Ranked season end date in patch notes as November 19th 23:59 GMT for EUW, but they edited it to 18th like 9 hours before they ended season.
I'd have to see evidence of that. I've never seen the former claim made anywhere.
Majordx (EUW)
: Horrible?????Wasnt it %%%%ing horrible s9..when silver got to plat??What horrible lel. This entire season was a big joke.People got high diamond with %%%%ing 45% winrate.Reset entirely like they did with s7 and s8.People that are high elo will climb.EASY. I dont want another season to see damn silvers getting to plat or diamonds with negative winrate.No no.
> Horrible?????Wasnt it %%%%ing horrible s9..when silver got to plat??What horrible lel. One thing that never fails to occur, is the claim that season x is the worst season that existed. People said the same thing about season 8, and about season 7 and onwards. They're going to say the same about season 10. On the other side of the spectrum, there's always another group that proclaims that every single season is the best season the game has ever had. How can both sides be right? --- > Reset entirely like they did with s7 and s8 There was no hard reset in s7 or s8. It was a soft reset, just like s9 had, just like s10 will have.
HannaNs (EUW)
: alright thank you, i dont go on here alot, but i just reported someone and i didnt get a feedback, thats why i logged on here and typed this, cause i think they should get perma banned.
Don't worry about not getting feedback. It's intentionally set to rarely pop up under certain conditions. Most reports you issue that aid in triggering a suspension will not grant you this message.
Icepaw (EUNE)
: You know.. that is acutally Riots problem to answer. And.. they have. They already have algorythms in place to detect smurfs, but for some reason, they dont want to ban them, or force them to identify their main.. no. Riots solution has been to increase their boosting, getting them through our trash tiers faster. (so they can do it more times for fun I guess). That these scumbags are ruining games for us that belong in Gold and down, just dosent matter.. not to them, not to riot. we hare just cashbags, here to support the oh soh great pros. With their flashy plays and greasy hair. Its actually a horrific way to treat your playerbase. I mean.. websites offer LIFETIME GUARANTEE for accounts bough there. ( if riot bans you, we will provide one for free). Leveling bots are swarming in the PvE community, and people who just want even games in ranked, like we are supposed to have, meet smurfs who destroy the game as often as ever. so what can they do? at least do SOMETHING! War on drugs will never be won, but allowing it sure as f*** wont get rid of it.
> War on drugs will never be won, but allowing it sure as f* wont get rid of it. Riot bans bot accounts in waves, but as you say, it's a battle that "can't be won". There's always going to be bots in games like this, regardless of how much effort the game company puts in. Here's a [dev talk](https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2018/10/dev-removing-cheaters-from-lol/) about some of the work Riot does to combat such behavior. I do especially like the "bot olympics"
HannaNs (EUW)
: i would love your opinions on this
Riot does does do something about this. You made a post in the Player Behaviour sub-board. I urge you to go through threads created in this very board, and you'll find many threads created each day by people who are punished for the type of behavior you describe. It is unacceptable, which is why punishments are given for it.
: I had this discussion before with someone else and apparently binding an account of this f2p game to a social security number or real life name/ID would be illegal. What about implementing a hardware checkup on starting the game? I know another game, WarThunder, does have that and it can detect when your account has been accessed from another device and even Steam can detect when your account has been accessed from a different location/IP etc. (which is a something that always confuses me when people bring up you can't ban by IP and so on). So if it detects a new account is _created_ on the same hardware, it is bound to the first account using this hardware.
> What about implementing a hardware checkup on starting the game? Many players share a computer when connecting to league. Siblings might not have one computer each, but share a family computer. Internet cafés are a big business in some parts of the world still, where players have this as their only means of access to the game. Hundreds of people will connect their accounts through the same hardware in such cases. --- > I know another game, WarThunder, does have that and it can detect when your account has been accessed from another device and even Steam can detect when your account has been accessed from a different location/IP etc It's not a reliable method, since other people may share the same IP with others. IPs are not unique identifiers. The problem with IP bans was also brought forward years ago due to them learning the hard way: They IP banned a player living in a college dorm, which resulted that nobody living in that dorm could connect to the game anymore. --- > So if it detects a new account is created on the same hardware, it is bound to the first account using this hardware. Then in the case of the sibling, let's say the first person who has created an account is currently in plat/diamond. The second sibling wants to try out the game for the first time, and now their account is locked with an account that's obviously way above their skill level. The same problem would arise in internet cafés. --- Keep in mind, I'm not arguing that such systems would be undesirable. I can totally get behind the various problems smurfing can cause, but finding a system that accurately combats it outside of a matchmaking system that identifies smurfs and matches them correctly faster, is not an easy task.
: Easy. Have smurf accounts be connected to main accounts.
But how would you accurately enable this? Players would not connect their smurfs to their main to prevent it, and since LoL is a f2p game, it would not be possible to enforce it upon account creation.
: before the clock strikes midnight on November 19. It is important to note that before the clock strikes midnight means before midnight. Before midnight on November 19 is the time before midnight November 20. To break the sentence apart: Before - the clock strikes midnight - on November 19. So on November 19, there is a condition. That is that the clock can't strike midnight. This is impossible if it's November 18, because it already has to be November 19 before the clock strikes midnight. I tried finding a countdown several times on the client, but was never able to do so. That's why I googled the end of season. I just couldn't find it in the client.
> Before midnight on November 19 is the time before midnight November 20. No, a day starts at midnight. Midnight on the 19th is when the 19th begins, not when the 20th begins. So before the clock strikes midnight, we're on November 18th, 23:59. On November 19th, 0:00, the clock struck midnight. --- > I tried finding a countdown several times on the client It was visible on the ranked page or your profile, in the lower left corner. It's not there anymore since the season is over.
Moo Samuels (EUNE)
: when are we gonna receive our awards? its already november 19:00
Rewards roll out from November 20th - December 4th. Not everyone will get them the same time, but everyone should have them by then.
: I would agree with that, if the second link didn't so blatantly say otherwise. It says **on** November 19 **before** 23:59. The 23:59 has to be November 19's 23:59, because November 18's is November 18. Not 19. The post objectively contradicts reality, which deceived me and basically took my season rewards away. Edit: The first link is what I found when I wanted to make sure the post was right, and because the first link also said November 19, I felt confident in that it would end tonight.
> I would agree with that, if the second link didn't so blatantly say otherwise. It says on November 19 before 23:59. I can't see that in the second link you posted. What I see, is: > before the clock strikes midnight on November 19. Midnight November 19th is 0:00, one minute after 23:59 on the 18th. --- > I felt confident in that it would end tonight. There's also been a countdown in the client with each split, that stated exactly how many days/hours there was left of the season. It also suggested that midnight was the time of the season ending.
: Question: When i play ranked now, and i demote...{{summoner:11}} Will I still get the plat border? (im Plat4, 0LP now)
Yes. Your ranked rewards are **locked in**. Changes to your rank during pre-season influences what your starting point will be next season.
Thresh af (EUW)
: Season 9 is done and still no pre season. Nice answer
We're in pre-season now, since season 9 is over but season 10 is not. If you're thinking of patch 9.23, patch day is wednesday.
: My only confusion comes from sources that the season would end on November 19, not 18. I calculated the 19th to be part of the time I have to finish my provisionals. ex: [League of Legends Nexus](https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/09/ask-riot-end-of-ranked-season/) and [League of Legends News](https://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/community/promotion/2019-ranked-rewards) On the second link, it is even _clear_ in saying that the season ends before midnight **on November 19**.
Because the season ended November 18th, 23:59. One minute later, and you're at midnight November 19th, and the season was over.
: > So what are they? Well to name a few: - Hide and seek mode in a new map with lots of bushes and "caves" that would be darker and fog of war is reduced. You can get points for "tagging a player" by basic attacking them. -A free for all mode without roles a "gladiator" style arena match where every player is for themselves. You choose your build before the game starts and during the game you can pick up heals and buffs and whatever. This could also be done with teams like a 5v5 or whatever. This would be done in a small open arena map where last man standing wins (could have like 2 respawns or something) -"Defend the castle" mode where 1 team has to defend a certain base with walls which can be breached by the attackers using different team organized equipment that you have to buy together by collecting enough gold by killing different monsters and other pve encounters. This could be prevented by the defending team if they counterattack them, of course running the risk of leaving their castle unprotected. The defenders would get a certain amount of gold per minute to purchase defenses while the attacking team has to earn their gold by killing monsters or defenders etc. - A 20v20 "War" mode where its a big open map and respawns are disabled. You could capture certain points on the map to gain advantages for your team. This would be a fun way to try to cooperate without specific roles and the game isnt over just because 1 player fail horribly or trolls. -A co-op PvE adventure mode of some kind where you choose your champions and have to defeat a few dungeons gradually increasing in difficulty Thoughts on these? Im sure a dedicated team of riot employees could come up with more ideas than what I just wrote down in a few minutes on here
Those are just alternate gamemodes, just like we already do have from time to time. You're presenting your statement of "changing up the game" is a part of what the standard 5v5 SR is today. We have rotating game modes, but they're not a high priority since their novelty quickly dies down.
: Pathetic money grabbing company is blatantly ignoring their loyal customers while focusing on gacha games and other legalized scams for 9 year old Asian kids. Can't wait for the loot system in a few years.
> Can't wait for the loot system in a few years. Hextech says hello.
: No it does not work the same way at all. If you disregard new players coming into the system, and others stopping to play altogether, then elo is a zero sum system with always the exact same number of points in it. Every time someone loses, someone else wins an equal amount of points and vice versa. The idea behind the formula Arpad Elo developed was to have a system that is statistically analytical, but does now apply any changes by itself. The goal was to have a descriptive system that would show truths by itself. MMR ruins the design principle of elo ratings completely. It influences point gains and losses, it does not keep the same number of points in the system, it does not stay outside the adjustments and watches and describes them, instead it actively influences them and meddles with the numbers. Players keep calling the visible rating "elo" because that is what they are used to, but the truth is that the MMR influenced ratings are a system on their own and have little to do with actual elo ratings as they use different formulas and different design philosophy. Just one example of many: if, for some reason, a player has a constant overall winrate of 60% but somehow manages to lose 60% of his promo games each time (perhaps he gets nervous when playing them or whatever), he will never climb despite being too good for his current division. In elo, such a thing would be inconceivable. In the design philosophy of Arpad Elo, the only job of the system is to only be descriptive of actual player strength, but to never influece gains or losses actively. Riot can use whatever system they want in their own game, but calling it an elo rating (which for the most part, players do because they are used to the term) simply isn't correct. Chess also has team games, btw, but it is true that the elo from these games is being calculated like it was several parrallel 1vs1 games. But that could either be used in LoL too by setting it up like the opposing laner was a 1vs1 opponent, or one could do a team average elo and calculate points adjustments from that. Both mythods do not seem perfect, but keep in mind this is only what I came up with spontanously. I am neither the think tank of a multi billion dollar company nor am I an advanced mathmatician with months of time on my hands to develop, test, adjust, and further develop the most optimal solution. I am very sure, however, that the method Riot is using is very much suboptimal for the players, at least. It may very well be a great system for Riot to earn money with if keeping players in the game longer will result in more money for them. That design principle came over from the early MMORPGs back in the day where monthly subscriptions meant that playing longer directly translated into more money for the company and it resulted in things like slow leveling treadmills and artificially slowed travelling and need to grind endlessly in its worst extremes. Yet even today, without monthly subscriptions, players staying longer with a game will have more disposable income available for that game over the longer period they are playing it, and they are being subjected to temptations to buy skins longer too. So Riot definately has a possible motive for slowing progress down. I can't know for sure if that is the reason why we all have to deal with the MMR system, but I think it is.
> Riot can use whatever system they want in their own game, but calling it an elo rating (which for the most part, players do because they are used tot he term) simply isn't correct. But Riot isn't calling it an ELO rating. They used to have ELO back in the early days, but that system did not accurately compensate well enough for a team based game. Whatever players decide to call it doesn't change the fact that Riot doesn't use ELO anymore, they use MMR. --- > Chess also has team games, btw, but it is true that the elo from these games is being calculated like it was several parrallel 1vs1 games. This clarifies my point: ELO does not compensate well enough for team oriented games, so that it can't be used for it directly as it can in standard chess. --- > But that could either be used in LoL too by setting it up like the opposing laner was a 1vs1 opponent, or one could do a team average elo and calculate points adjustments from that. Then you trade roles, or swap ingame. Such a system was tested out in the beginning of season 9, and it failed massively. There was a huge decline to the quality of games. --- > I am neither the think tank of a multi billion dollar company nor am I an advanced amthmatician with months of time on m,y hands to develop, test, adjust, and further develop the most optimal solution. With that being said, could you not entertain the notion that perhaps those people that actually develop this system knows what their doing, and uses this system because it is actually currently the best we know of? --- > It may very well be a great system for Riot to earn money with if keeping players in the game longer will result in more money for them. Honestly, I find that hard to believe. If Riot **intentionally** had a system in place that lowers the quality of the game, more players would leave. The more enjoyable people find the game, the more likely they are to stay, and ultimately spend money. So why would Riot opt for a system that you believe makes people leave? --- > So Riot definately can a motive for slowing progress down. I can't know for sure if that is the reason why we all have to deal with the MMR system, but I think it is. Or commonly, a lot of players that complain about matchmaking simply can't face the reality that they are exactly where they belong on the ladder. So rather than improving themselves, they'll find things out of their control to blame since that's easier than realizing their own faults.
: Enough is ENOUGH (gamemodes in LoL)
Not that many people play TT. Not enough to warrant keeping the mode at least. --- > Now that we have "fixed" this issue what skin is lux gonna get next? Different teams work on different projects. Skin creation is not done at the cost of game development, it's not the same people working on this. They probably don't have the same expertise anyway. --- > I mean this game has been on for about 10+ YEARS and what changes have they made???? Many, although the core game is always going to be the same, since it's what the game actually is built up around. Take a look at videos of season 1/2. The game is played out very differently now. --- > TFT is literally the only good thing they added to the game in 10 years TFT isn't an "addition" to LoL. It's a new game, that uses the same IP, just like Legends of Runeterra does. --- > Just on top of my head I could think of so many new ideas for this game so SWITCH IT UP ONCE IN A WHILE So what are they?
: I like your reply otherwise but this is the line that I take issue with "There's always going to be roles that are less popular. Autofill counters that problem." Autofill doesnt counter that problem at all. It just forces you to play a boring role every once in a while. It does nothing to make that role more interesting to a bigger part of the playerbase so they can learn to play it properly. Why not just get rid of the role that is the least popular by a large margin every once in a while and you know SWITCH Up THE GAME once in a while instead of just being lazy and keeping the same imperfect format for 10 seasons in a row. There is so much that could be done to improve this game and I cant understand people that keep giving riot money, rewarding them for being lazy and just release skins after skins instead of new modes etc. They even managed to make the community hyped about URF! I mean its the same fckn mode just modified cooldowns, that is so uncreative I cant even... We really should start demanding more from riot, its crazy how little work they have put into this game the last few years..
> Autofill doesnt counter that problem at all. How does it not counter it? The problem with some roles being less popular is high queue timers. Autofill **counters** this by having a system that enables us to have low queue timers. That's the very idea of what autofill is supposed to do. --- > Why not just get rid of the role that is the least popular by a large margin every once in a while and you know SWITCH Up THE GAME once in a while Preseason is here. When the patch lands, the game is "switched up". This happens generally twice a year. But the other issue with this? Once this happen, you'll have another group of the community that complains because things are now different.
: MMR is a HORRIBLE system, imho. It is manipulative, instead of descriptive. It is the CAUSE for the inaccuracy of current skill description that you mention. Chess servers manage to rank their players fairly, transparently and -most important of all- very successfully with just elo rating alone. The reason for that is elo rating is unbiased, it just adjusts the number on what it observes. The winner gets exactly as many points as the loser loses, the exact number being based on their difference in elo. This formula stays the same, meaning every single game between a 1250 player and a 1200 player, the amount of points won or loss is the same for everyone. MMR is manipulative, if it thinks you belong into a higher visible rating, you win earn more LP and lose less. If it thinks you belong into a lower elo you will lose more LP than you earn. It makes that determination according to rules and formulas intentionionally hidden from the players. In elo ratings, all the formulas can be found and players can calculate and double check that they have been treated fairly. In MMR, everything is hidden for a reason - I believe if the exact mechanisms were publicly known, a lot more players would protest the system. I do not know why exactly Riot do it that way, but my suspicion is to artificially keep players in the game longer. Which may indeed result in higher profits for Riot. But it sure makes the game a lot less likeable having to deal with it.
MMR is based on ELO, just altered to compensate for the fact that LoL is a team game, while chess is 1v1. Fundamentally, it works the same way: Win vs someone that has much lower MMR than yourself, and your gains will be lower. That's also how it works in chess.
Majordx (EUW)
: I hope they dont do the shit they did s9...They should reset it entirely.So we dont repeat the mistakes of s9.I hope they learned that and dont need to listen to the players on forum.
They should not reset it entirely. That would create a horrible experience for most players, since now you're saying they should literally group challenger and iron players together. The reset is always a "soft" one, not hard.
: So you basically have to pick the lesser of two evils then... thats so sad, almost like riots game format is horribly designed hmmmm
There's always going to be roles that are less popular. Autofill counters that problem. And honestly, how much of an issue is it? The majority of games you play will be in one the roles you select. You are protected from being autofilled for a few games after being autofilled, and you can't be autofilled during your promotional games. Just play that one game you get once in a while. Last time I counted for my own games, I was playing over 30 games between each time I was autofilled. Can you really consider that a problem?
: but what time do we get our rewards?
They roll out between November 20th - December 4th.
: So why not give the players an option to choose? Let them either go to a non autofill queue or one that uses the system? I still think its ridiculous to force players to play a certain role and there is no way there is not enough players between iron and plat to make that work.. and yes, I was around before autofill was put in and I preferred that system. It shouldnt be a chore to play league, nobody should HAVE to play a role they dont like/or are able to play properly.
This was trailed, but ultimately it failed. Queue timers quickly went back up to the point it was before autofill was introduced, which is a big problem. The higher end of the ladder experienced 90+ minutes queue just to get into a champion select, and then they had to pray that nobody dodged.
: Do people play League like this?
It's basically just a program that provides the same information as sites like u.gg does. I agree, relying too much on information like this is often counter productive, as blindly going for "counters" might just have you end up performing poorly on a champion that you don't really know how to play anyway.
Wex0r (EUW)
: Season is Over.
> If you hit gold 5 after midnight it doesnt count It counted as long as your game was in the loading screen before midnight. =)
: > [{quoted}](name=ThirdLostSoul,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=KX7ENrfP,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-18T21:45:23.525+0000) > > Direclty report that said player with a support ticket to riot themselves. Tickets have to be checked and if you name that player, most likely reaction will be: someone checks his match history and status how he is settled in what observation group into the after game report system. Tickets have to be checked closer and just by that match history this won't need more than 3 minutes to identify whats going wrong here This is not entirely true. I have wrote tons of tickets about inters but I always get reply from a Bot. You can ask for a riot employee after that but in my experience, provides help and assistance is very limited and unsatisfactory
There's very limited Riot can provide you with in terms of information on tickets like these. Action taken on other accounts is a privacy matter, and Riot is not able to disclose this information without the risk of violating privacy laws. All the information they can really provide is confirming that they've received the information, and that they will look into it.
Drygarn (EUW)
: I had a 2nd look and both the article on main page and the one on the support page states midnight 19th while the last patch notes of the season actually says 18th 23:59. Unfortunate that I only skimmed through the info on champs I play. Also never saw any countdown in the client but maybe that was on the homepage and when you go from game->lobby->game->lobby you never actually see the homepage. Unfortunate x2.
> Also never saw any countdown in the client If you went to the ranked tab of your profile, there was a countdown for when each split ends in the lower left corner. That will probably be there next season as well. =)
: when do we get the skin? is there like a specific date?{{sticker:vlad-salute}}
> We’ll start granting rewards on November 20th, reaching all accounts by December 4th. Not everyone will get them on the same date. They always hand out stuff like this incrementally.
Rei1 (EUW)
: Question
The season is over. If you just hit Gold today, then you're not eligible as you ended the season in Silver.
: Oh I see So i can climb to say diamond now, and though it will not reflect on my ranked records, my placements will be based on diamond?
Not exactly, but kinda. At the start of a season, your rank is removed and your MMR is given a soft reset. The higher your MMR is before the reset, the higher it will be after the reset. This directly influences the rank you'll get from your placement games.
Drygarn (EUW)
: Saying that the season ends on the 19th when the 18th is the last day is not a clearly communicated date. Would you tell some1 "i'll call you again tomorrow" and then call them at 00:00? Context matters.
But it did end **on** the 19th. Or rather, as Riot actually stated, November 18th 23:59 was the final minute. Once midnight hit, on the 19th, ranked was over. There was also a countdown inside the client that showed when the season ended.
qBacca (EUW)
: How about just make it as a Game mode?
Same answer as Shamose provided: > Unfortunately, we weren’t able to easily get the older builds running because so much of the game content and code has changed. It would require far too much than what would be worth, at least at this point. All of the time required to make something like this would mean development in other areas would be hindered.
: still doesn't make his point invalid. riot doesnt care about EU or their game:P they only answer NA because otherwise they could get stormed because of how volatile americans are
The Rioters that work on the areas that people generally complain of lack of attention here are NA based. It's perfectly reasonable that they'll focus their discussion on the NA boards. You're also able to comment on the NA boards with an EU account, while the opposite is not possible for NA players.
Mcgalakar (EUNE)
: But there is not a one globally accepted definition. In some countries, midnight is consider 24:00 and is the part of the previous day, when the next day starts with 00:01.
But the season ended 23:59. 1 minute before midnight. =)
Antipathy (EUNE)
: What happenes when the season ends?
It starts back up soon as pre-season. During this time you can still rank up, but it won't improve your rewards. What it will do, is improve your starting point for the next season when the reset happens.
: > [{quoted}](name=Hansiman,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=QKpQruO9,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-18T23:23:31.161+0000) > > You can't. It's a hidden number that is not revealed. You know what? Screw with your hidden illuminati numbers i can't see or have proof they even exists. I see golds facing silvers in the same game, i'm convinced matchmaking must be unbalanced. {{sticker:sg-shisa}}
> I see golds facing silvers in the same game Perhaps it's because the difference in skill here isn't necessarily so great, certainly not if we're looking at Silver II -> Gold III.
Siinokk (EUW)
: You're right! But the champ won't change soon.
> But the champ won't change soon. It's Ryze. Reworks galore. =)
Show more

Hansiman

Level 126 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion