Rioter Comments
: The state of support in average elo is still a problem
While I do agree that Supports do tend to get a bit more hostage to in-game circumstances than other roles, as a Support main, I feel I have to chime in on two things: - You mention a need to empower damage oriented supports. This is a HIGHLY PERSONAL pet peeve of mine ( meaning other people will think differently, and that's ok), but I think those champions you listed should never even be considered supports. In every multiplayer game I played, I always took preference on being the support/ healer. The support concept in gaming came to be in most games (especially mobas) because the in-game environments (e.g. the maps) did not and do not hold enough resources for everyone to be the carry. Hence the need for characters that can function with low resource counts, and are focused on helping their teammates do their job, most of the times sacrificing themselves for it, in name of a bigger objective - the team victory. The correct and original "support" fantasy is to help your teammates, enable them to carry, and sometimes be the deciding factor to if they can carry or not. NOT do the carrying yourself. Let's rewind to a not-so-ancient time where the meta supports were the kind of thing you wanted. End of last season- start of this season. What was the support meta? Brand, Zyra, MF, Malzahar. This was also the time where I saw many high-elo ADC streamers say that all they wanted from their supports, was damage. And that's where I knew all the base concepts of gaming were completely gone to hell. This was not the in-game fantasy I loved about being the support. I love support, but back in that time, it's where I hated it the most. There's a reason why that kind of "supporting" was nerfed to the ground, and that is because that was half of the reason that meta was the single most toxic meta in recent history (the other half being because it was the first iteration of the lethality meta). The only champion (of those) that survived was Zyra, and that's because she has good zoning value. I'd play games as Support, picking to complete my team comp, building full utility, trying to enable everyone to the most of my ability. And more often than not, I'd get ran over by autofilled supports that picked those champions or other random mid-laners like Lux or Vel'koz full AP no Sightstone simply because "LOLOLOLOLOLDAMAGELOLOLOLOLOL". Back then, no amount of utility was enough to save your butt from high-range artillery damage. It was like going to a ballet competition against someone else. You'd come out and do a good number, showing decent planning, and decent execution. Your rival would pull out a bazooka, kill you, and say " I win". There's nothing wrong in a poke support. Poke is good to apply pressure. Sona, Karma, Lulu are good examples of the correct kind of damage interaction a "poke support" should have (regardless of numbers, I'm talking about concepts, not balance). Good early poke that applies pressure in lane, but that falls off as the game goes on because you're building utility and not damage. So as the game goes on, you're valued more by your utility, than your damage. This is different from 5th carry support. Which most times would end up being 1st carry. Supports are NOT meant to carry. That's why they are called supports. There's 4 other roles in LoL that you can use if you want to fulfill your own "I carried" fantasy. - Secondly, and this is less of an opinion and more of a fact. Roaming is the strongest it's ever been now. One of the things I actually think is that I wish I'd actually be MORE efficient at roaming, because the rubber-band exp is so dumb right now. You can roam and fail 3 gank attempts. If, on the 4th attempt, you do manage to help your laner get a kill, there you have it, you're back to even xp with everyone else, congratulations. Recently, the support from Immortals ( Olleh) reached nr 1 in NA. Someone studied his case because it's rare for a support to be the number 1 in solo-queue. So, apparently, from the first 10 minutes of all his ranked matches, he averages LESS THAN 2 minutes of those 10 in the actual bot lane. Which means, an average of MORE THAN 8 minutes from the initial 10, in which he's roaming instead of actually being in bot lane. And he got number one. Which is something that I don't even remember happening for a support main. Take your own conclusions.
: Why is it bad to play simple champions?
Because there are people in low elo who consider themselves god's gift to the rift because they play Lee Sin or Yasuo, and spam their mastery to try and assert themselves as someone who is good enough to play those champions to the biggest part of their potential, and therefore, in their mind, superior human beings. News flash: They're neither good enough to play them (hence why they're low elo), nor superior human beings because of their picks. In high-elo you don't see anyone complaining about the enemy playing easy champions. The most you'll see is people complaining about something being overpowered, but being overpowered is not dependant on being easy. Everyone's trying to win, more than anything. In lower elos people are more busy trying to assert themselves as "the one being right", "the MVP", and getting "play of the game", instead of respecting team needs, having attention to macro play, etc. In low elo, most people will gladly sacrifice a win, if it means they will show "who's boss" to someone that's pissed them off. And thus the "I never climb because Riot trolls me with bad teammates", " I'd be #1 challenger, I never do anything wrong, but the entire world and the extraterrestrial community is holding me back" and "I got permabanned unfairly, it's my teammates' fault" threads are born. In short, if someone berates you for playing an easy champion, it's an insecurity problem on their end. It's a "they" problem, not a "you" problem. Muting them is my advice.
: What's the item you miss most missed item
None. They were all removed for a reason. The only thing I miss is the ability for QSS to remove a certain someone's ultimate.
: I mean, if they implement voice chat, as they can read our bad language, when we report someone we'll have to say what minute and they will hear it, u didn't expectat that didn't u? i mean, the voicechat will bring more more more people into the game and it will be the first MOBA game with voice chat in it , it's such an awesome ideea
> [{quoted}](name=abcdr1,realm=EUNE,application-id=Mpd1UjGe,discussion-id=fuJpjYwA,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2017-08-29T18:49:33.599+0000) > > it will be the first MOBA game with voice chat in it DotA2 sends its regards.
Narika95 (EUW)
: I think that if you really want to go up ,you should focus on your adc ,as an adc main I can go from score of 4/8/11 to 18/2/2 ,we depend on support to keep us alive and help us. My main supp buddy ,she is very defencive and stays close to the tower ,while I like to push ,we play together a lot so I know what she will do if I do q w e r and so fort ,but with her supps it's hard to know ,hey is she going to put her shiled ,stun and w ,hide (Morgana wise) or is she just going to put a shield on me and run and by the time I figure it out ,the enemy had recalled or killed me. And Leona is a somewhat Tresh counter ,not as much as Morgana but if you know what to do what you will be surpriced at how much she can actually do to him. And you do have a nice pool of champions ,and if you know what supp goes with what adc ,you should be fine.
Let me just chime in on something. Leona isn't a Thresh counter. Thresh SHITS on Leona. Thresh can literally run circles around Leona while she cries for mercy. Thresh outtrades, outranges and outpokes her. Also, he also has more utility and is more versatile. He also matches her in terms of cc, plus he has the perfect tool to save someone from her cc and turn on her instead. I play both (and they are 2 of my 4 Supports with mastery 7) and I can tell you that everytime I play Thresh against a Leona I have the fun of my life. Because it's absurd how Thresh can just oppress a Leona to the point that she will have to cease trading alltogether because everything she can do, Thresh can negate. The only time Leona will "somewhat counter" him, is if the Thresh player wants to play him like a Janna. And then yea, he'll lose, because he's not meant to be played like that. If as Thresh, you're used to even semi-aggressive early trading, you'll send 95% of the Leonas crying back to their mommies. The other 5% is if you're matched against someone who's terribly above you in elo. Like, at least a full division.
SPRO315 (EUNE)
: Your first penta
Volibear with a full-tank build, not even one damage item. One W, and the rest died with autos with my ultimate on. This was back in season 4. Wasn't anything spectacular really, just kinda randomly got all 5 kills.
Vashtrall (EUW)
: **_OFICIALLY_** they aren't supports. They are made up as support, because unlike 99,9% of the community I am the 0,01 who looks at the category and skills of champions. Ivern is also marked as Support, and he fits it, if Riot says he's support, he's support. Karma is a mage. Alistar is a tank. Leona is a tank, etc etc.
In the same sentence, you say you're above everyone else because you look into categories, and then you say that the champion is only a Support if the category in the menu says so. In other words, in the same sentence you say you're more intelligent than others but at the same time you say you can't think for yourself. And to add up, you have a terribly holier-than-thou attitude for someone who's in Silver, which by the way is no higher than the person you're talking to. I'm wasting time with you.
Vashtrall (EUW)
: Alistar - Not a support. Amumu - Not a support. Annie - Not a support. Blitzcrank - Not a support. Karma - Not a support. Leona - Not a support. Malphite - Not a support. Poppy - DEFINETLY not a support. I would give you my answer being a main support, but what for? Just go with Thresh which is what 90% of the community does and get S+ with 30/2/52 every game. All you need is to hit your hook + skill + ult and watch your adc kill everything, you will have a blue mastery Thresh before lvl 15! :)
Alistar, Blitz, Leona and Karma are not supports? I believe your vision on what a support is might be too restrictive. Either that or you simply don't like those champions and assume that therefore they aren't supports. From a support main that likes to play a wide range of supports, I have to tell you that it's ok not to like them all. I don't like playing Zyra, Karma, Bard or Tahm Kench. The only reason you'll ever see me playing them is whenever a loot chest is available, because I already got said chests from all of the other supports (although Karma's already sorted on that end). But I won't say that they're not supports. I just don't like them myself, but that's ok. Also, you cannot say those four aren't Supports and then not say anything about the OP having listed Nidalee. Having a heal does not make a support, and vice-versa.
D00SH (EUW)
: How did I just notice THIS!?
It's not recent but it doesn't mean you're blind. That change was done under the radar, I took some time to notice it myself, from what I was told. I don't play Blind Pick, but the people that do probably have noticed that change even later ( or not yet, even), as there I assume that people are still displayed completely randomly. P.S.: They are also ordered based on the positions in your Tab menu in-game.
: Isn't gp a little overtuned?
He's MISERABLE in lane, especially in top. His only relevance until level 13 is his ult, all he can do otherwise is farm. Yes, he has a strong late game, but at the cost of being useless for 20 minutes and his only hope being that people don't dive him 24/7 and he doesn't get smashed. If anything, he needs buffs. And I'm not talking about 15 damage on his passive. I'm talking REAL buffs. Also... if you think his barrels have no counterplay since lvl 9, then your issue isn't GP being overtuned.
Sontax (EUNE)
: League of Legends dictionary
Yasuo mains = time to dodge.
Wadud92 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tagalus,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=1O2sJdVw,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2017-07-12T23:38:25.546+0000) > > Basically he does not get pinks, doesn't get Sightstone, and keeps the yellow trinket. He does not upgrade his gold generation item at all. He keeps the starting one for a while and then sells it after 2 or 3 items are complete. > > Naturally, no amount of assists or KDA will ever get him to an S, as his vision control is comparable to a non-support, or worse if they even bother buying a single pink. > > Aaand every now and again he goes AP instead of utility in supports that are not meant to build damage (e.g. he does not play Brand / Zyra etc) Wait HE SELLS THE SUPPORT ITEM? Why? Why on gods earth would anyone do that? The damage builts on utility supports are not that bad, I mean, I have made AP Alistar support work in normals. But why on gods name would a support sell a gold generating item that also gives them movespeed/free level point/sheild for absolutely nothing, hell you get those passives for generating free 650 gold! I am face palming so hard right now
The reason I meant the AP vs utility builds is because now shields and healing are tracked, and are taken into account for the grading. Which is the issue at hand. The rest you said, we're in agreement.
Wadud92 (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tagalus,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=1O2sJdVw,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-07-12T23:25:02.717+0000) > > That's not the issue. I op.gg'd him. He doesn't have a single Sightstone in the last 50 matches (and probably more, but I haven't scrolled down any further). > > The guy doesn't ward. I see. So I assume no red trinket either? So zero vision game. So i guess we have an answer. Do the bare minimum that is asked of a support
> [{quoted}](name=Wadud92,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=1O2sJdVw,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2017-07-12T23:29:11.035+0000) > > I see. So I assume no red trinket either? So zero vision game. So i guess we have an answer. Do the bare minimum that is asked of a support Basically he does not get pinks, doesn't get Sightstone, and keeps the yellow trinket. He does not upgrade his gold generation item at all. He keeps the starting one for a while and then sells it after 2 or 3 items are complete. Naturally, no amount of assists or KDA will ever get him to an S, as his vision control is comparable to a non-support, or worse if they even bother buying a single pink. Aaand every now and again he goes AP instead of utility in supports that are not meant to build damage (e.g. he does not play Brand / Zyra etc)
Wadud92 (EUW)
: Do not be afraid to farm. If your ADC backs without pushing the wave, that is your farm now. CS helps the most with Support masteries
> [{quoted}](name=Wadud92,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=1O2sJdVw,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-07-12T21:53:58.638+0000) > > Do not be afraid to farm. If your ADC backs without pushing the wave, that is your farm now. > > CS helps the most with Support masteries That's not the issue. I op.gg'd him. He doesn't have a single Sightstone in the last 50 matches (and probably more, but I haven't scrolled down any further). The guy doesn't ward.
: Why is It So Hard For Supports Go Get An S
Erm. I op.gg'd you. Your issue is really simple. You don't buy wards. I don't see a single Sightstone in your last 50 matches... And I don't even need to research how many pink wards you've bought, because I think I know the answer.
ZexXxoN (EUNE)
: Why does autofill exist ?
In short... Because most of the community are self-centered individuals with a god complex that feel that playing a role in which they aren't the star of the show is worse than getting cancer.
: Executioner's Calling is shutting Soraka's lane fase down
As a Support main who has in Soraka the champion with most points/games played... This item is exactly as it should be. It has drawbacks (delaying someone's core build would be the biggest one followed by gold-inefficient damage). There have to be items that counterplay champions' mechanics, otherwise you could just declare the winners and losers as soon as pick/ban's over. And you better start getting used to the idea that the new Thornmail will apply Grievous Wounds to attackers aswell. I strongly like the fact that you can be well rewarded with good choice of itemization. If anything, I think proper itemization adaptability and decision making AREN'T REWARDED ENOUGH in this game, where as mechanics are rewarded way too much (good mechanical players get away with doing stupid decisions that should NOT work, unless you want the game to be a complete coin-flip, and you want to throw any sort of common-sense out of the window). I'm perfectly happy with the existance and state of that item. Weeks ago I remember I had a Soraka match versus a team that brought 4 ignites, and the ADC rushed Executioner's. I still won. Do you know why? Because way too many resources were put into shutting me down, and at the end of the day, I'm still just a Support. They had the resources and items to nullify me, but ultimately they made themselves unable to deal with the rest of my team. There ARE drawbacks to that sort of items, especially if you rush them. In this specific case, it means you shouldn't always auto-rush it as soon as you see a Soraka. Sometimes it's something you should do. Sometimes it's not worth doing that soon. Some other times, it's actually detrimental to do it. What is the current context of the match? Does your team comp already provide you the tools to let you delay that purchase? How much exactly will you lose when you buy that item, over any other item, at any point in the game? How do the gains from the purchase weigh against the losses/delays you will incur? Etc. It's called adaptability and decision making. League of Legends is a bad game for you to play if you think you (or anyone) can get away with just doing the exact same strategy, and pursuing the exact same item path every match you face a certain champion. Yes, Executioner's is good against Soraka. And damn right it should be. But it's not an auto-win. There are drawbacks. Identify them and use them to your advantage. As someone who likes and plays Soraka, as I stated before, I'll tell you this, for when you play against someone who buys Executioner's against your Soraka. The fact that they chose to pick an item just to itemize against a Support, is a small victory in and of itself. Yes, they should still buy it because it's good, but it's not only sunshines and rainbows.
Rexgrip (EUW)
: Banning Yasuo to stop enemy pick or your team pick?
Both. I don't want a Yasuo in my games. Same with Lee Sin. They're the faces of arrogance and toxicity. I ban them because of their players' behaviour, not because of the champion itself.
: Too bad that whoever is ok to play support (either if autofilled or if someone ask to switch) like me, surely does not want to wait more, and even less so if it's to please some @ucker that thinks support is for noobs and won't never play it cause "can't carry". Given that flamers and feeders are everywhere regardless of autofill, there's no point in wait 30 minutes and lose anyway. I will ALWAYS prefer to gamble on autofill and wait 3 minutes instead.
Agreed. I swear to god I'll never understand why most people act as if having to support was worse than catching the black plague. Sincerely, A Support Main that doesn't die from cancer if he's autofilled elsewhere.
Peyzar (EUNE)
: New honor system
I am a support main. I just finished a match as Rakan. I got 4 honors. Meaning, everyone in my team honored me. And the match before, I got two. Playing support doesn't hinder you at all. If you play well, eventually people honor you. Especially if you can pull off some clutch saves that resonate in your teammates' minds.
: Why does botlane always feed?
I don't know... Perhaps because 4 or 5 of your enemies appear in bot lane at 8 minutes in, while you spent your TP to go back to your lane faster?
KrisBendix (EUNE)
: Autofill Evading
> [{quoted}](name=KrisBendix,realm=EUNE,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=qmG374lZ,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-06-26T12:45:19.202+0000) > > I understand you don't want to play autofilled support. But no one else will do it for you. Stop asking. Erm. Not exactly. I'm a Support main, and in Ranked I queue for Support. I once got autofilled to mid. The person assigned to Support was also autofilled... From mid. Asking is always worth it. On the other side might be a Support main like me, who doesn't want anything to do with solo lanes in Ranked.
: What do you actually hate about Yas?
: Thanks for the advice. From the champions you named, I liked the abilities of Vladimir and Darius most. My issue is that I don't have the IP to buy any of them. Since Vlad is on the current free rotation though I'll be sure to try him out and see what I think. Swain and Malzahar might be champions I'd have to learn first but if they ever show up I'll definitely give them a chance. Do you think I might be able to play as cho'gath? From my battle history, I usually play as a fighter champion and since you're recommending me mages, combining the two suggests the option to buy cho'gath, especially with my current IP balance
Cho'gath doesn't fall into any categories. He's a very weird champion that doesn't really have a place in the game as of this moment. You build him full tank, and he gets a lot of damage from being tankier, but his execution is wonky, and there are champions who can do what he does better. I wouldn't recommend him to a newcomer because of those reasons. Other than that he's not hard to play at all, he's just really wonky and unreliable. Sure, if you have a good game, you may end up having one of those Youtube moments where you have 10k hp and you are unkillable, and at the same time you use one skill (your ult) and you one-shot squishies and tanks alike, and that is funny to watch, and that power scales infinitely. But more often than not, that won't happen unless you're in a way bigger skill level than your opponents, and Cho'gath is horrible if he's not ahead. Besides, he's a cheesy champion that doesn't allow you to learn any specific role interactions with your team, as he doesn't currently fall into any of the archetypes. Or at least, not reliably. And I'm saying this while being someone who actually likes the champion enough to put him to task every now and again, for fun purposes.
: Help me pick a champ
If you're new to mobas I would advise you to stay the HELL away from melee champions. And the description you gave about the champion you want is the description of a champion which is either: - Terribly fed; - Terribly unfair and needs a nerf. Not saying that those cases don't happen every now and again, but if they do, they are nerfed because they are toxic to the game. In other words, you can't have a champion that deals the base damage of an assassin and the survivability of a monstruous tank. It just doesn't work that way. You're gonna have to give something up. My personal suggestions would be 3 mages that can easily be played top lane, and that can abuse the nature of most champions you'll play against in that lane. Swain, Vladimir and Malzahar. They all have good sustained damage (which can be somewhat bursty if they get fed), and they all build semi-tanky. So they are hard to deal with if they are ahead, but aren't left completely useless if they're behind. A problem you might face is that they might be a little boring to play because of their inate simplicity, but these are suggestions of champions that will help you learn the game quicker and make things more sustainable for you. The fun mechanics that make "funnier" champs fun, are mechanics that cannot be tamed by someone who just recently got introduced to MOBAs, and LoL specifically. You still haven't learned the game yet, you need a simple champion, otherwise your brain will have to learn hard champions and the game itself at the same time. Which will make it terribly harder AND slower of a process for you. Oooor... you could just disregard what I just said, and be like 70% of this community and play Riven, Fiora or Yasuo, and spending every game proclaiming that your enemies and teammates are cowards because they aren't playing champs that are as complex as the ones you're playing, and in every win, boasting that you carried your team, even though you're 0-15 in that match, and Bronze elo. It's your call. Personally, I play since 2014. And I STILL run away from playing that kind of champions. Do you know why? Because I ain't good enough, and I KNOW I'm not. Why make it harder for me and for my teammates? I've always been Silver (well, Gold once, but it was an overachievement), and do you know the reason why I am Silver? It's certainly not because "i'm good enough to play complex champions". Because I'm not. That's why I'm Silver. Because I'm bad. Simple. TLDR: Malzahar, Swain, Vladimir (for top lane, as you asked). Later down the line, if things are smooth, try some of the classic Juggernaut melee champions like Darius. Hope i've helped.
: How is shyvana
I love her. But she's literally useless early-game. Her current state is basically being a mindless farm-machine that will run the HELL away from "fair" fights early on, and needs to exhaust as many resources on the map as possible. If she succeeds, she can then proceed to perma-split push forever, and if people try to defend against her, she will mow them down with the huge bags of gold she has amassed. So, there's two problems: - Ganking as her early on is a waste of time, she has no cc, no gap closer except her ult, and all that she does is telegraphed as hell. The only ganks she can do are against enemies that mistepped hard, or are terribly out of position. So, naturally, the best way of playing her is investing time into farming instead of helping your lanes, in hopes that later it will pay off. Meanwhile, your lanes may or may not be experiencing a rough sodomization with no lube, lovingly delivered by your enemy jungler, that knows that your answer to his actions will either be non-existant, too slow, or too weak. - Given the current state of the jungle comeback xp (also known as rubber-banding), junglers that behave like Shyvana only need to misstep once to see all the advantage that you gained by investing time into farming instead of helping going down the drain. With the aggravant factor that those said junglers HAVEN'T helped their team whereas their enemies did. In other words, early gankers lose in farm, but through game mechanics, more often then not they will catch up to farming junglers like Shyvana anyways. Without having to farm nearly as hard, and without having to sacrifice their lanes. Aaaaand, there's probably more reasons. But I am a support main, not a jungle main, so I don't know further details into the current state of the position. These are just the most obvious problems with her.
: The 400 minions kill mission
I'm a support main. I got that mission. I went for a normal match. Picked Jungle. Picked Shyvana. AFK farmed and split-pushed for most of the match, fighting only the obvious fights. Ended the match with somewhere in between 200-300 minions myself (I don't remember the exact number), and I wasn't the top farmer (my ADC was, as far as I can recall). The quest didn't require me to win, but still won. It's not hard. Just pick a late-game scaling brainless farming machine. Not only it'll naturally make the match last longer (because you want to scale), but also you won't have much of a contribution early, so your teammates will also spend more time farming. The key is to make your team actively choose to want to scale. Which is different than picking early-game snowbally champions and then beg for your team not to end it early. You want a long game. Play something that will help you reach there.
: Blind is the only way Lee can be played.
Which is logical, because of what he himself is. Get it? Because he's blind? Get it? haHAA ... ... Ok, I'll leave now.
ZexXxoN (EUNE)
: Yasuo and Riven skins got out of hand rito
I guess Chaos won then. Bummer, I was rooting for Order.
PaNKeLiS (EUW)
: A 'free' event
> [{quoted}](name=PaNKeLiS,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=WjYeaUbE,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-06-15T21:20:35.783+0000) > > I mean, sure, Riot never was the type of company to give out loads of stuff for free You do get LOADS of stuff for free, as long as you invest time. If that weren't the case I wouldn't have got Elementalist Lux and Pulsefire Ez on boxes. And about 9 or 10 legendaries. And other lower price-point skins. And, most importantly, the absurd number of skins I ended up disenchanting so I could have orange essences to unlock all of the previously-mentioned. ALL of those without spending a single cent. > EDIT: inb4 downvotes because people don't like criticism Your criticism is towards Riot, not towards the playerbase that comments here. > or someone who disagrees with them Yes, that's sort of how real life works. You have an opinion, other people might have a different one, and they have the right to use the means they have to display their disagreement towards your own. Downvotes included. Discussion is healthy, different opinions displayed against each other are what makes society and technology evolve. I bid you welcome to adult life, and welcome to Planet Earth. Please enjoy your stay.
: no they are not true otps they play other champs.... u missed my point. i aint here to climb to chalganer i play for fun. and fun isnt possible when my champ is getting permabanned.awful system of banning. unecesery change
> [{quoted}](name=BeellViAstus,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=wMN7odsV,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2017-06-12T11:30:20.689+0000) > > no they are not true otps Now, you're just being childish and trying to sound special. And if a game has 136 champions, but 135 of them are equivalent to you for the end of the world, the calamity, and the cataclysm... perhaps you should choose another game to play.
: New ban system and OTP players
Seems to me you want the pros of being a OTP without having the cons. Being a OTP doesn't prevent you from having back-up plans. All of the most-known / better OTPs in the game have other champions they play when they can't play their champion. No, they don't play them at the same level, but they can surely hold their own instead of making it an automatic end of the world. Also, most of them are streamers in high elo, so they get streamsniped on multiple occasions and get their champion banned by the other team. Tobias Fate plays Karthus and TF on a level almost as good as his GP. And he even has Ivern and Bard for when he gets autofilled. Annie Bot has Vayne and Veigar, as far as I know. Tyler1, after he chilled down a bit, also plays Vayne and Tristana, and he even plays Janna when he's autofilled supp. Singed420 also plays Jax and Corki, and he even played Maokai before his rework. Yassuo also plays Kass and Zed. BoxBox also plays Lee, Fiora and Katarina. And I believe I remember seeing him play Thresh when autofilled to Support. Heisendong also plays Illaoi. Cowsep also plays Jax. Pink Ward also plays Renek, Ez, and Gragas. Trick2G also plays Volibear. Gross Gore also plays Zed. LL Stylish also plays Vel'koz and Katarina. And these are the ones I can remember, I'm sure there's many more. And that doesn't make them any less "true OTPs" than you. It just makes them OTPs who realize and accept that sooner or later, getting their champion won't be possible because of the very nature of being a OTP. They accept that and have back-up plans. And you'll notice that in most of the cases I listed, the alternate champions aren't even similar to the champions they usually play. Most of the times they are complete departures from the playstyle they're used to. That doesn't make them less "true OTPs". That makes them SMART OTPs.
: Doom bots
I think the biggest change that happened is that compared to last time, now you are guaranteed to have either Malzahar or Udyr in the bot team. That's what makes this mode too hard this time around. Most of the games I've played, we've had the right kinds of champions, and we can actually win versus the bots themselves. But we lose the game because Malz and Udyr make this mode go from LoL to Warcraft3. The mode is supposed to be hard, I know, but if you're winning hard versus the bots themselves, you shouldn't be forced to be limited to waveclearing versus those armies of units exactly the same way as if you were losing. From a certain point of the game, it doesn't matter if you had a lot of kills on bots or not, you'll be smashed into your base waveclearing against those huge armies, and the moment you stop doing so and try to damage enemy bots, or Teemo, your Nexus dies, no counterplay. The advantages you were able to get during the early play are rendered completely useless. Having 6 items will feel exactly the same as having 1. And that didn't happen the last time around. When they first introduced the mode, I was able to win quite a good percentage of the games I've played. This time? Up until now, 100% loss-rate, and Udyr and Malz (or both) 100% of the matches on the bot team. And 100% loss-rate is exactly how it's gonna stay, because I'm not gonna play more unless some sort of hotfix is announced (removing the 100% Udyr/Malzahar, or nerfing their pushing potential in this mode). It's supposed to be a hard mode, but it's also supposed to be fun. Being able to gain advantages and still lose the match because "Warcraft3 armies unite" is not fun. Feeling completely useless and overwhelmed by bots YOU KILLED (because their units will still rape you), regardless of how many of the 3 objectives you achieved, and how many items you have is also NOT fun.
Kurotsu (EUW)
: Pressing Spacebar for "MATCH FOUND"
l MrD l (EUW)
: Whos excited for 10 bans? :D
{{champion:64}} and {{champion:157}} Bah-bai!
: Your highest mastery champions
1 - Soraka - 160182 - Level 7 2 - Thresh - 130704 - Level 7 3 - Leona - 81104 - Level 7 Honorable Mention - Kalista - 160014 - Level 5 - I stopped playing her regularly before levels 6 and 7 were introduced, which was when she was completely murdered with nerfs to the point of playing her being hindering myself.
: Pretty tilted...
A friend of mine had that exact same issue yesterday. In a normal, though. He tried changing password, repair tool ... Nothing worked until he actually reinstalled the game from scratch.
: "MEDDLER ON UNUSUAL PLAYSTYLES IN LEAGUE" - Questin
First of all, he was punished for completely disregarding the need and the objective of the role THE GAME assigned him to, not for playing it differently. To make it more understandable - playing Miss Fortune support in lane while building full CDR and penetrations IS an unusual playstyle, but one that ultimately fulfills some of the tasks "usual" supports can be expected to fulfill (reliable and safe poke, lane presence and complementary team-fight damage). Ultimately, she'll play as a poke-support with minimal defensive tools, but through an unusual build and play pattern she'll be extremely effective against specific match-ups. Smite Singed and Smite Nunu are simply not playing the role. And not only not playing it, but shitting all over it and flipping the middle finger to their ADC, by making sure they will not have a chance to play the game. Also, there's a reason why both those cases (and perhaps other less known ones) always appear in the support position. Most of the community is too self-centered to actually make an effort to play Support even semi-correctly, as they can't handle playing anything that doesn't make them the star of the show. They don't respect the need for the role itself and will gladly throw a game, hinder their team, and throw everyone in a ruckus before they even consider dirtying their hands with that Black Plague that is called Support role. Self-proclaiming themselves as "legitimate, unusual playstyles" is only the most reliable way for them to try to save face, try to get some legitimacy, and try to look justified for running away from the Support position as a vampire runs from the cross. Which is something I'll never understand, as a Support main. The people that support those things, and the people that play them, claim they want to challenge the meta. For crying out loud, most of them are around or below my elo (Silver)... in other words, some of them don't even know what the hell meta is! They don't want to "challenge the meta", they just want the game to get rid of the Support role. I bet anything you want, if the game changed in a way that Supports ceased to exist, you'd still have "unusual" playstyles and picks every now and again, but NONE of them would be about completely ditching the role the game gave the player.
: What is considered to be a good champion pool for professional LCS player?
Being able to play whatever's broken at any given point. That's my personal beef with LCS players. They're the best players in the world and everyone knows it. But they only show it about 5% of the time, because the other 95% they'll just be abusing whatever's broken in the name of easier matches. I understand why they do it, but as a spectator, I hate it. They have enough skill to play just about anything, but they'll still only play the same 2/3 champions every match because "strong" or because "broken". And if the players that have the most skill in the world don't play anything other than the meta tells them to themselves, why should people of lesser skill do it? They're the ones that can push their chances and offer us the best content the game has to offer. That's why I greatly respect Hai. He just doesn't give a rat's butt if you're playing the 13872974593468756348756348653487385294645th game of Syndra since the current split started. He'll still pick something way riskier and probably still beat you with it because his opponents don't know how to deal with it. Because a reality in which you use something that's not broken is an alternate reality to them. And he'll also play fearlessly and not afraid to go completely Yolo if that means a chance that his team will get something out of it. He's basically "I'm gonna put all the cards on the table, everything I have to show for, and push my chances to the very limits of my skill. If that's not enough, so be it, but at least I've put it all on the line". And I respect the hell out of him for doing that. But then you have the one person people know is the best mid NA, Bjergsen. Which he is. But all I see him play every match is Syndra, if she doesn't get banned. Faker, undisputed best player in the world. Before the nerf, you only saw him play Ryze. Now, if I didn't know either of them, I'd just say they were the most fearful, oversensitive, hyperdefensive players in the world, and that the only reason that could explain it would be pure lack of skill. But because I DO KNOW who they are, I know that they are just 2 of the best players in the world, but that only show what they're really worth about once in every full moon, and the rest of the time just contain themselves to about 10% of what they can really do. Which is sad. Because everyone knows what they're capable of, but in the name of safer wins... Nah, not happening. So, my advice would be, more than fixating on your champion pool, the more important is to be knowledgeable about the game's changes and status. Be aware of whatever's surging, item changes, champ changes, and be able to ascertain what's broken, in which situation it is broken, and WHY it is broken. And when you do, be ready to abuse the crap out of it. And that's more important than "champion pool". Because what's broken could go all the way from Tank Fizz top, to MF full penetrations support. You have to be ready to adapt and to play every champion at some point in your life (more in the way of being WILLING than being ABLE, because things being broken already build half of the path for the player), because you never know when on-hit Rammus or full tank Urgot will be the next big thing. The only certainty in LoL is that 100 years from now, Karma will unfortunately still be a champion, still not nerfed, and still seen on 90% of LCS games. Because almost 140 champions in one game are not enough to make us see more than the usual 15 to 20 champs EVERY. SINGLE. MATCH.
: Why doesn't americans take of thier shoes!?
I'm from Portugal. There is nowhere in Portugal in which you are expected to take your shoes off (unless you're entering your own home). It's actually regarded as weird and overly intrusive, unless in specific circumstances, of course. If you take your shoes when entering someone else's household, it's actually seen as you being overly and rudely comfortable. A sort of rude appropriation. Every house has a carpet in the entrance that's meant for people to "brush" their shoes. People just use it and that's it.
Mister Kill (EUNE)
: What annoys you ingame?
God-complexed narcisists at my elo that think that because they play Lee Sin or Yasuo, they are superior beings. And then, during a match, they spam their lvl 7 mastery at every move and talk and act as if they are godlike entities. Completely ignoring that they're as Silver as me and the other people they're playing with, and they're Silver for a reason, which is the same reason as I am Silver: We're not good enough. Silver ain't some Holy Grail. I'm Silver myself for the last two seasons and I'll be the first to tell you. Silver is just Bronze with a little less randomness. Regardless of which team they're on, and regardless of if they carry or feed, they ruin the environment, they ruin my games, and they ruin my internets.
: > [{quoted}](name=Tagalus,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=gPO9doyR,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2017-04-29T14:47:22.459+0000) > > I reside in Silver but it doesn't surprise me that the number of Supports goes up as the elo goes up. > It makes perfect sense to me. Higher elo players have a better understanding of the game, and a higher understanding of "what can I do for my team" rather than " how can I 1v9?". If that team-oriented gameplay mentality is more present, it just becomes more natural that Support is more common to find, and that even players of other roles are happy to default to Support if they have to off-role. > > Down here, people are 0% focused on game fundamentals, they turn off their brain, autopilot with their testosterone and if it fails, they'll rinse and repeat, hoping that clicking harder will make it work "next time". > The focuses of most players in this elo are: > 1- Being right; > 2- Being the star (and spam surrender if they are losing their match-up, even if the team is winning); > 3- Being right; > 4- Asserting how much better than others they are; > 5- Asserting how right they are; > 6- Making up excuses as to why last fight wasn't their mistake and as to why they're right; > 7- Being right. > > If it comes a time where a certain player has to bite the bullet and put his ego on check in order to win the match, more often than not, they'll intentionally let the game come to a loss in order to protect their ego. > > I'll be honest, I'm a Support main. I understand that I don't have the mechanical skill to go beyond Silver (reached Gold once but it felt like an overachievement, and also I feel that in season 5 it was easier than usual to get to gold, it felt like everyone and their mothers got there). > And to be honest, I'm content with it, and perhaps that's why I can see things in perspective. > But what sometimes bothers me is that I usually play with players that I can see are easily better than me in mechanics and execution. Like 20 times better. And it bothers me not because they are better (I don't mind admitting it), but because they are stuck with me in this elo from autopiloting with their testosterone and not using their brain, and never admitting when they do something wrong. > > They are the ones that talk about elo-hell, while I, personally, don't even think that thing exists. The fact elo-boost exists is a proof in and of itself that elo-hell is nothing more than an excuse. > What I see isn't elo-hell, it's just a bunch of players (the majority of the playerbase) that are held down, NOT by "noob teammates", but by their own ego. > > Higher-elo players have gone beyond those excuses and myths, and therefore it makes perfect sense that up there where you are, the Support role isn't considered the Black Plague, like it is considered down here. Some things never change it seems, getting a lot of support games (mained it 2 years ago) in Normal draft, been quite the learning experience to get back up to snuff thusfar as playing often against plat and diamond bot lane pairings. They weren't going easy either, faced so many Caitlyn Lulu/Karma bot lanes and it's been frustrating at times due to the clear skill disparity at the offset, but it's taught me things I'd have never picked up against Silvers and Golds, which gives me confidence when the time comes to stepping back into ranked. So yeah, there is no Elo Hell, just those that won't put down their ego and accept betterment. They think they're mechanical Gods when they're usually missing a lot of the skills and awareness it takes to be higher up the ladder.
> [{quoted}](name=Janna Me Fiddle,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=gPO9doyR,comment-id=000300010001,timestamp=2017-04-30T04:15:11.574+0000) > > So yeah, there is no Elo Hell, just those that won't put down their ego and accept betterment. They think they're mechanical Gods when they're usually missing a lot of the skills and awareness it takes to be higher up the ladder. Exactly. There's a reason why Bronze and Silver is filled with people that "never do anything wrong" and are held down by "noob teammates" and "trolls, feeders and afks", and if there wasn't a "conspiracy" against them to prevent them to climb, they'd be "easily top 100". And there's a reason why Challenger is filled with people that are always self-questioning, always criticizing themselves about what they could've done better, even if they have just done a Penta into Elder Drake into Baron.
archerno1 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tagalus,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=gPO9doyR,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2017-04-29T14:47:22.459+0000) > > I reside in Silver but it doesn't surprise me that the number of Supports goes up as the elo goes up. > It makes perfect sense to me. Higher elo players have a better understanding of the game, and a higher understanding of "what can I do for my team" rather than " how can I 1v9?". If that team-oriented gameplay mentality is more present, it just becomes more natural that Support is more common to find, and that even players of other roles are happy to default to Support if they have to off-role. > > Down here, people are 0% focused on game fundamentals, they turn off their brain, autopilot with their testosterone and if it fails, they'll rinse and repeat, hoping that clicking harder will make it work "next time". > The focuses of most players in this elo are: > 1- Being right; > 2- Being the star (and spam surrender if they are losing their match-up, even if the team is winning); > 3- Being right; > 4- Asserting how much better than others they are; > 5- Asserting how right they are; > 6- Making up excuses as to why last fight wasn't their mistake and as to why they're right; > 7- Being right. > > If it comes a time where a certain player has to bite the bullet and put his ego on check in order to win the match, more often than not, they'll intentionally let the game come to a loss in order to protect their ego. > > I'll be honest, I'm a Support main. I understand that I don't have the mechanical skill to go beyond Silver (reached Gold once but it felt like an overachievement, and also I feel that in season 5 it was easier than usual to get to gold, it felt like everyone and their mothers got there). > And to be honest, I'm content with it, and perhaps that's why I can see things in perspective. > But what sometimes bothers me is that I usually play with players that I can see are easily better than me in mechanics and execution. Like 20 times better. And it bothers me not because they are better (I don't mind admitting it), but because they are stuck with me in this elo from autopiloting with their testosterone and not using their brain, and never admitting when they do something wrong. > > They are the ones that talk about elo-hell, while I, personally, don't even think that thing exists. The fact elo-boost exists is a proof in and of itself that elo-hell is nothing more than an excuse. > What I see isn't elo-hell, it's just a bunch of players (the majority of the playerbase) that are held down, NOT by "noob teammates", but by their own ego. > > Higher-elo players have gone beyond those excuses and myths, and therefore it makes perfect sense that up there where you are, the Support role isn't considered the Black Plague, like it is considered down here. Its not only that . Believe it or not, support mains climb really fast out of low elos.
I know. I mean, I personally don't, because I'm bad mechanically, but I'm content and at peace with it. But if you think about it, it makes perfect sense that it's how it works.
Vampino (EUNE)
: Reworks
Urgot and Eve are the next scheduled ones (already under work). Apparently, Urgot being the very next one.
: Not sure about the whole "noone wants to play support" thingy , i would play support over jungle anytime in ranked. Also here usually in high elo there's a decent amount of supports, if anything i got autofilled more times as jungle than as a support. And if you play ranked you play it to win, if half of the team is offrole and the enemy team gets their main roles then that game is 90% over in loading screen. Now usually here we can talk to find a way to get a decent team comp. Note that i'm talking about master elo, things may differ in lower elos.
I reside in Silver but it doesn't surprise me that the number of Supports goes up as the elo goes up. It makes perfect sense to me. Higher elo players have a better understanding of the game, and a higher understanding of "what can I do for my team" rather than " how can I 1v9?". If that team-oriented gameplay mentality is more present, it just becomes more natural that Support is more common to find, and that even players of other roles are happy to default to Support if they have to off-role. Down here, people are 0% focused on game fundamentals, they turn off their brain, autopilot with their testosterone and if it fails, they'll rinse and repeat, hoping that clicking harder will make it work "next time". The focuses of most players in this elo are: 1- Being right; 2- Being the star (and spam surrender if they are losing their match-up, even if the team is winning); 3- Being right; 4- Asserting how much better than others they are; 5- Asserting how right they are; 6- Making up excuses as to why last fight wasn't their mistake and as to why they're right; 7- Being right. If it comes a time where a certain player has to bite the bullet and put his ego on check in order to win the match, more often than not, they'll intentionally let the game come to a loss in order to protect their ego. I'll be honest, I'm a Support main. I understand that I don't have the mechanical skill to go beyond Silver (reached Gold once but it felt like an overachievement, and also I feel that in season 5 it was easier than usual to get to gold, it felt like everyone and their mothers got there). And to be honest, I'm content with it, and perhaps that's why I can see things in perspective. But what sometimes bothers me is that I usually play with players that I can see are easily better than me in mechanics and execution. Like 20 times better. And it bothers me not because they are better (I don't mind admitting it), but because they are stuck with me in this elo from autopiloting with their testosterone and not using their brain, and never admitting when they do something wrong. They are the ones that talk about elo-hell, while I, personally, don't even think that thing exists. The fact elo-boost exists is a proof in and of itself that elo-hell is nothing more than an excuse. What I see isn't elo-hell, it's just a bunch of players (the majority of the playerbase) that are held down, NOT by "noob teammates", but by their own ego. Higher-elo players have gone beyond those excuses and myths, and therefore it makes perfect sense that up there where you are, the Support role isn't considered the Black Plague, like it is considered down here.
: > [{quoted}](name=Tagalus,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=gPO9doyR,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-04-29T12:04:28.928+0000) > > 90% of the people would just put "Not Support" and we'd be back where we started. > > As rough as it sounds, the autofill system's purpose is to, more often than not, force people into support because of the sheer amount of despise that people feel for that role. It sounds strict, yes, but Riot tried everything to make people play Support on their own, even adding 10 support champions to the free rotation, but most people simply accept nothing short of being the main actor/actress, and hate being the people that setup the scenery. > > This doesn't affect me, I'm a Support main, but I realize that it happens. And since the system began I've been auto-filled twice, and never in ranked, which is a proof in and of itself. > > Autofill is, in short, a way to force people to play roles they don't want to play, because people don't want to play them regardless of how much benefit to the roles Riot has tried to put in to make people play those roles of their own accord. > And given that most people would only play it if they were offered skins for it, I agree with the system, because if the method becomes anything less forceful and strict than autofill, people won't play the damn role. But that's the problem. Autofill has brought more problems than it has solved. They should give an incentive for people to play the role, not force them to. There's a reason the support role has a lack of pick rate, and it's forcing players who don't know how to support properly in it, results in completely lost lane at early game, trolling for not getting the role they wanted, afking, disconnecting, feeding, building full damage, you name it. Not only talking about ranked here. When you get a champion skin that you wanna use, but you keep getting placed in other lanes that don't suit that champion really well, feels bad.
I see what you're saying, but they indeed HAVE offered motivation to play Support. Extra free champions, extra IP, shorter queue times (which isn't really an offer, it's more like a natural perk). The only thing beyond what they've done that is left to do, is to offer things that would otherwise be only purchasable through money. Which would be wrong for two different reasons: - It'd defeat the purpose of "Free-to-Play game with optional micro-transactions". The Loot System with the S grades is already a generous stretch from their part. The limitations and caps (4 chests and keys per month) that it has are there for a reason. Going any further would break the system and there'd be a significant shortage of income; - If such a thing was implemented, people would just all queue Support, reversing the problem entirely (which is different than solving it), with only the variant that people would just try to secure the Support role, but not actually play it as it should be played. You'd get people playing whatever carries in the Support position, perhaps even not going bot lane at all (Smite Nunu, Smite Singed...) just literally focusing on 1. getting the Support role; and 2. finishing the game with it to get rewards. Rewards would be more than a motivation, they'd be the sole focus, instead of WINNING and HAVING FUN being the focus. The games, especially Normal matches, would be fundamentally broken. You'd have one or two people every match not playing the game "as should be". And if the environment's already toxic as it is... Fact: most LoL players don't have a team mentality. Even the guides made by high-elo players or pro-players are meant to teach you to "1v9". Not "work with your team". And this is a team game. If people don't learn to sometimes take roles and at least try to play them as well as they possibly can, for the benefit of a team, then, for the health of the matches, they must be put into that position by force every now and again. If you get autofilled into a role, but you try your best to make something out of it (as in, pick something that brings some sort of utility your team can rely on even if you're not doing too wel individually, and try to itemize and play in a way that it enables your teammates that are actually playing their roles), even if you do %%%%-ups, most people won't flame you for it. They understand your role is another one, and they notice your effort, and they won't bug you about it. But if you get auto-filled into, say, support, and you pick Yasuo with flash ignite to force someone to dodge, and if the game does go through, you take-over bot lane and make your adc be your support instead, refuse to communicate with and help your team because you got tilted off of the face of the planet because the game didn't give you what you wanted... And if as soon as the game starts going wrong (because it will), you'll start trolling/inting, and when inquired about it, you say that it's not your fault, and it's well deserved because "%%%% Riot, %%%% Autofill, %%%% My teammates, %%%% my parents that only gave me 1000€ for my birthday because I deserve so much more, and %%%% everyone in the world that doesn't give me what I want because I'm a self-entitled narcisist that deserves to never hear a "no" "... Then, quite frankly, you deserve all the heat you will be getting and then some. P.S.: I used the word "you" in these examples, but I don't mean you specifically, so don't take offense.
: AFK because of emergency?
The system, to my knowledge, protects those situations. If you never had the habit of leaving games, then you'll just get a warning and perhaps a couple of matches with a queue timer. But after that, that's it. You won't have any punishment again. If you already have a habit of leaving or causing trouble, on the other hand...
: If Lee Sin wasn't obnoxious enough...
The only difference is that Rakan is fragile as crystal and can be utterly murdered off of the face of the rift if he missteps 1 milimeter. While Lee can screw up an entire play and still get away with it. You know, just a minimal difference.
Ellen Allie (EUNE)
: Suggestion - allow players to pick the roles they DON'T want to play to reduce queue times.
90% of the people would just put "Not Support" and we'd be back where we started. As rough as it sounds, the autofill system's purpose is to, more often than not, force people into support because of the sheer amount of despise that people feel for that role. It sounds strict, yes, but Riot tried everything to make people play Support on their own, even adding 10 support champions to the free rotation, but most people simply accept nothing short of being the main actor/actress, and hate being the people that setup the scenery. This doesn't affect me, I'm a Support main, but I realize that it happens. And since the system began I've been auto-filled twice, and never in ranked, which is a proof in and of itself. Autofill is, in short, a way to force people to play roles they don't want to play, because people don't want to play them regardless of how much benefit to the roles Riot has tried to put in to make people play those roles of their own accord. And given that most people would only play it if they were offered skins for it, I agree with the system, because if the method becomes anything less forceful and strict than autofill, people won't play the damn role.
Show more

HastaKalista

Level 115 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion