: Minimize friendslist
With you on this one. Hope client designers really make a review on the UI usability, by comparing it with the old one... Was way easier to navigate through it, each section was very well delimited and no non-sense background image that would make it difficult to read the text and find the buttons...
: All of your issues are very minor. Just roll with it and in a day or two you won't notice it.
In reality they are not issues, more like visual discomfort and confusion due to difficulty to see where things are (in particular champion select as to me everything is very similar and no real visual separation, need to inspect almost all points of the interface to see where things are). Reverted from beta after some weeks because of these and some other stuff. But, lets see if will get used to it.
Rioter Comments
: let bronze be bronze and diamond be diamond
The ammount of people here talking about self improvement and playing better regarding ranked games is impressive... Wonder if they play new champions and strategies only on ranked games. Ranked **main** goal is not to learn but, to put one self abilitites to test and check how it stands when compared to other players. Training, learning and improvement is for normal and custom.
: let bronze be bronze and diamond be diamond
Yap totally agree with you on that. Doesn't make any sense to have players that are placed in a league to play vs others that are in an inferior or higher league.
: My first ever youtube video
here take an upvote here and on youtubi!
MAVNE123 (EUNE)
: is any chance to unbanned my acc?
Not sure if Riot will perform the unban, but this you can hear this [music](https://youtu.be/rY0WxgSXdEE?t=45) while waiting for it. And since we are at it, why not think about the reasons that got you punished?
: LAG/CONNECTION PROBLEM
The problem most likely is related with the wi-fi connection. If possible change to cable connection. Try the following: * Start menu and type cmd; * type "ping google.com -t" and leave it running - this will give ping information for google.com until you force stop it; * start LOL match; * when you notice you have high ping alt+tab to the cmd; If you notice the ping to google.com is also high means either your wi-fi connection is causing problems or ISP connection. My guess is that the problem is with the wi-fi connection and would advise you to connect using cable before you call your ISP and try again. (unlikely) If the ping to google.com is the same, then you have issues connecting with the LOL servers.
PaladinNO (EUNE)
: >''STAY POSITIVE whenever you play a game with other people!" _There, fixed that for you._ >3 spanish premades did nothing but talk in their own language Which is a reportable offense on its own. If not _everyone_ on the team understand what is being said, it is legally classified as spam, due to "interrupting the flow of the communication", according to the rules of this game.
> Which is a reportable offense on its own. If not everyone on the team understand what is being said, it is legally classified as spam, due to "interrupting the flow of the communication", according to the rules of this game. Not realy, nothing prevents you from talking in whatever language. If it was a region when only one language was talked it would make sense what you say, but since LOL regions are not language bound regions it has no restriction on it. English is just accepted as common language, but in Europe, and considering some recent IRL events, that may soon (few decades) change. The common sense stipulates that it's of the BEST INTEREST for the team to speak a common language when defining global strategies, but not necessairly for local strategies as long as all the relevant party members understand each other (eg. adc and sup or mid and jung or top and jung). TL;DR: what Riot stimulates is proper comunication, not language.
Vixoun (EUNE)
: Ping ward please
> Please Riot. Add a ping to the game that asks for a ward Ignoring the rest of the OP - which was completly unnecessary - totally agree. A ward ping would be usefull.
FrankiYT (EUW)
: huh what u mean?? i just dont wanna get left behind a lot of my friends are moiving to silver and i dont think i deserve to be bronze and since im bronze my silver friends are leaving me :/
Oh the social status lol Friends... You sure have a strange set of "friends"
VRONSONV (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dal Ai Cam,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=UFMoFXl6,comment-id=00000001000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2016-08-30T18:08:28.825+0000) > > Most toxers of that breed fail to understand what they are doing. Tho some do it knowingly. > > Didn't mention anything regarding fault. But, I **did ** mention toxers. Misreading happens when oneself only sees what oneself wants to see. your 1st comment was in regards to a reply aimed at me by another poster.my eyes work fine..
My comment an correcting: > You come here, lie, insult the whole community and now you act insulted. Which consisted of: > Not defense mechanism, thats how toxers work. With some extra explanation. If the glove fitted your hand, it's your problem.
FrankiYT (EUW)
: Looking foir someone to carry me out of bronze or play with!
Whats the diference between playing in bronze or silver? Anyway, will you tell others you needed help to get out of bronze?
VRONSONV (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dal Ai Cam,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=UFMoFXl6,comment-id=000000010000000000000001,timestamp=2016-08-30T13:38:12.805+0000) > > Not defense mechanism, thats how toxers work. But a special breed of them, the psycos. > > Treat others bad, but when they get punished they try to make us pity them by trying to make us believe it's our fault they acted that way in the first place. > > These are by far the worse breed of toxers. never heard such bad logic in my life.shen dies once screams "ok i feed then afk" does it.ruins our ranked game and that is somehow me and my teams fault?.OOOOOOOOOK i can't stop laughing
> never heard such bad logic in my life Most toxers of that breed fail to understand what they are doing. Tho some do it knowingly. > ruins our ranked game and that is somehow me and my teams fault? Didn't mention anything regarding fault. But, I **did ** mention toxers. Misreading happens when oneself only sees what oneself wants to see.
duckarp (EUNE)
: If you watch it only for the fart jokes, then yes, it's dumb. However it's funny and usually on point when it comes to deeper social satire, though I understand not everyone has to like it. Anyway, I'll try to sum it up for you real quick: people nowadays rarely use these words as a homophobic term, but rather as a term to describe a particularly obnoxious people. In the episode they've used inconsiderate Harley riders, but it applies to pretty much anyone. Yes, it's still meant as an insult, but I seriously question the decision to make it that much worse compared to other insults. It doesn't have "a social impact" if we don't give it to it. I have quite a few homosexual and bisexual friends, but none of them cares about things like this, unless it's being used directly to mock them because of their orientation or race. There's a huge difference and I'm genuinely sad people stopped differentiating things based on context. People who care about these things however are usually "normal" people (or rather people belonging to the majority) who are afraid and/or insecure.
Don't disagree with you on that one. It also applies to many other social discriminatory like racism, xenophobism or sexual discrimination (for both man and woman). The less it's talked, better the more is minimized the less impact it has. Tho, the major issue is that the goal of that term usage is to make that person feel bad, which implies that being part of that group is bad. And that's why, such terms in general, are not tolerated by LOL or by a tolerant society for that matter. But anyway, my first reply had the intention of explaining why %%%got (or any other related term) was/is treated slightly diferently from retard. Which I believe you understood, despite you not agreeing with it. Have fun and good luck
NorthCold (EUW)
: [suggestion] : Matchmaking
If you said he played 0-2 games with a certain champion. That would be resonable claim, but ~600 games (wins+potential loss) on SR being unexperienced...
duckarp (EUNE)
: Let me direct you to one older theme-related South Park episode: http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes/s13e12-the-f-word#source=6154fc40-b7a3-4387-94cc-fc42fc47376e:25eebf82-ed8e-11e0-aca6-0026b9414f30&position=12&sort=!airdate Seriously, watch it if you find time. I probably can't sum it up as nicely.
Throughout the years I started to dislike South Park humour.
ImHavocc (EUW)
: Not receiving hextech chests only hex tech keys.
It's good to read these type of threads. Glad you took the warning seriously and avoid losing your account. Would be excellent if those that are warned actually took you as an example.
w00tahas (EUW)
: Nice one riot
Ahhhh feels good to read these threads.
duckarp (EUNE)
: Derogatory terms
Because %%%got is an homophobia related term, normally placed at the same level as racism or xenophobia. Mainly due to the social impact that it has. Retard normally does not refer to a comunity or group of ppl, but a direct attack on the person.
VRONSONV (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tarolock,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=UFMoFXl6,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-08-30T09:26:44.276+0000) > > yes its riots fault, they dont let the nice ppl install the game, only the toxic ones like you, cos f*ck logic :D You sound nice.add me in game.not are you denying this community has horrible horrible people by pointing the toxic finger at me? when some one has played all those years and is sick to death of the abuse and trolling.you turn in on to them? interesting...i rest my case
> by pointing the toxic finger at me? He wasn't pointing. He stating it based on how your OP was writen. Says alot about how you interact with others.
duckarp (EUNE)
: You come here, lie, insult the whole community and now you act insulted. Wow. Fascinating defense mechanisms.
Not defense mechanism, thats how toxers work. But a special breed of them, the psycos. Treat others bad, but when they get punished they try to make us pity them by trying to make us believe it's our fault they acted that way in the first place. These are by far the worse breed of toxers.
JesterHX (EUW)
: "Trundle support" trollpick? Have you seen the LCS? :^D
Trundle is a troll, hence trollpick
: Suspended for Toxicity ?
Nop, you had your warning and after that you continued to display same behavior hence ban. Not too harsh not too soft, is perfect. Gives oportunity for correction to those that want to change, while still punishing properly those that refuse to correct themselfs.
: Someone really hurt my feelings in LoL and continued throughout the game.
> that behaviour and that ability to hurt someone so bad should not be tolerated. It isn't, but you need to report the person after game. That's the only way the system will get such players in the radar and apply punishments.
: Elo Hell Exists
> Elo hell exist and nobody can convince me otherwise. Then why the "hell" you post on board? Here is to change opinions, get help and other types of interaction. If you want to post an opinion without caring what others have to say just use a blog and disable comments.
: I GOT PERMABANNED TO MY ACC WITHOUT REASON!!!
[Music](https://youtu.be/rY0WxgSXdEE?t=45) plz.
: I will thank you and also add that, a Captain needs to fly away when his speech is done. Thanks cap! {{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
Appologies accepted. ~~flies away~~
kingstigg (EUW)
: Constantly lagging on EUW
You use wi-fi or cable?
: Self-mute as an option for toxic players
Auto-mute already in place: -> Press enter; -> Write; -> Press esc. No need to thank.
Deeze11 (EUNE)
: It ain't bad decision making if you spam pings on someone's ass and he ignores them all and then eventually dies or doesn't come to help the team. It is pure ignorance and stubbornness
> It is pure ignorance and stubbornness How can you point out that is ignorance when that person continues what is doing even after others ping then? It's informed bad decision, not ignorance. It would be ignorance if none would ping and that player continued. Also, stubborness is only applied when 2 (or more) stubbornes are involved. This is disregarded, when all minus 1 of the intervinents respects other decision, not necessarely accept it. But acknowleges it as valid, even if in his belief, a bad decision. TC;DU (too confising, didn't understand) Just because you don't agree with someone decision doesn't make it invalid. It may be a bad decision, but is a decision. Don't know about you, but some ppl don't live in dictatorship, hence being able to make decisions, even if it's bad for them or others.
Kurotsu (EUW)
: What do you call this type of person?
He may be right on the observations and/or the comments. But the only thing that realy accomplishs is destroy moral and the will to win the game. I call that the tipical solo player... Normally good players (as in, skills) that are in the wrong game.
supernova01 (EUNE)
: Having Ping Spikes Every Minute
Assuming problem is with WI-FI (most likely): Before calling your ISP, get a network cable and use it to connect the router with the PC. Turn off wi-fi connection on your PC. Run LOL and let magic happen. If no can do with the network cable, then let me pray to your poor soul for having to live in such condition. --------------------------------------------------------------------- Also you can try (with wi-fi and with cable): 1) Open Command Prompt (start menu -> and type "cmd") 2) type "ping google.com -t" (will ping google server until u stop it "ctrl+c") 3) Let it run in the background while playing LOL (when you get a spike, alt+tab and check the cmd to see if it has spike also) 4) Stop it (ctrl+c) and check the results (in this case the important is the max value in comparation to avg and avg to min)
Blue Ball (EUNE)
: I have reinstalled LoL I have tried v sync on and fps capping/uncapping i have tried several setup options=different resolutions/shadows off&anti aliasing off and lowest graphs at all i have up-to-date drviers on my graphics card and everything else but nothing seems helping.....
If you set all settings to low together with low resolution and you still have bad FPS there's isn't much else to help... Recheck nvidia control software to ensure you have no special configuration for LOL. Ensure you have no other application running on the background that is consuming CPU. Other than that, you have a graphics card that is dying, there's a problem with the drivers or there's some sort of issue with LOL with that card (would be strange but...). Does the drop happen in all maps?
Blue Ball (EUNE)
: yeah still the same even on lowest graphs..
If you don't specify exactly what you done, it's impossible to provide any help...
Blue Ball (EUNE)
: my ping is alright, i try lol with my other pc and same internet and it works, no problem(my other pc has windows7) the problem is FPS drop, not ping, my ping doesn't make difference when i get fps drop
> (...)and it gives me 1 second lagg (...) Sorry, was misleaded by that. Don't know much about settings of the Nvidia, but have you tryed a lower resolution (say 1024) and setting all definitions to lowest possible? Were the results the same?
JesterHX (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Dal Ai Cam,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=u1OsXZcL,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-08-26T12:37:24.087+0000) > > Try doing some vs bots games with adc. If you feel stressed or in a away feeling less confident, it could help you. > > Also, some time off could help you to get some game-stress out of your shoulders. I don't like going up against bots since they are overly predictable and thus it feels boring. Taking some time off is what I tend to do nowadays, like playing XCOM and stuff. But I tend to get rusty fast which is the bad part of it
Understandable, but you can ignore them (as in, avoid killing them) and focus mainly on farming, turrets and other objectives.
Blue Ball (EUNE)
: Help! FPS drops on good pc?
Do you use cable or wi-fi? You can check if you network latency is affecting you gameplay by doing a simple action: 1) go to Start Menu and type "cmd"; 2) in the command console type "ping google.com -t" (this will keep pinging google site until you manually stop) 3) pings should be around 30-40 max 4) start game as normal 5) when you feel that game is lagging, alt+tab and check the cmd ping 5.1) if ping in cmd is also high, prob most likely is originated by your connection EDIT: if you see ping spikes in the cmd even without being on game there's issues with you connection.
Boo0o (EUNE)
: 1 MORE TIME RIOT DO MISTAKE
All brace the mighty punishements that only happen to others and the ban mith that never happens! Let us all pray with [Queen](https://youtu.be/rY0WxgSXdEE?t=45) as background music.
JesterHX (EUW)
: Suddenly can`t play a role anymore
Try doing some vs bots games with adc. If you feel stressed or in a away feeling less confident, it could help you. Also, some time off could help you to get some game-stress out of your shoulders.
: Why do riot care about flamers?
> Freedom of Speech riot? Before you talk about freedom of speech, first use the freedom of reading to know what you are talking about. Here I'll make your life easier [Freedom of speech](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech).
wGrosso (EUW)
: Banned for intentional feed. Wow, you ban people unfairly but keep true feeders in game?
Oh poor soul... Here have some [music ](https://youtu.be/rY0WxgSXdEE?t=45) to ease your pain. All hail the lord of the punishments, that only harm others. All hail the immortal god of ban. Jkg, god of ban is a mith.
: damn I wish I could go back to the days of when I first played league. I was so... bad, yet... it was so... fun {{champion:22}} {{item:3153}} {{item:3153}} {{item:3165}} {{item:3115}} {{item:3006}} {{item:3157}}
And mord {{item:3146}} {{item:3146}} {{item:3146}} {{item:3146}} {{item:3020}}
usf22 (EUNE)
: new players experience are ruined
A couple of weeks ago created also a smurf (first one) to see how It would feel to play in a fresh start account. Here's some extra stuff that I felt can be/is a negative experience for new players: - Seldom would not see a bot on my team when doing vs bots - particular annoying when going "vs intermediate" bots with an account that has almost nothing available. After some bad experiences I just went with trynda or another self-sustain and good BD champ. I have experience in LOL, but for fresh new players, the experience would be terrible, specially if they wanted to try/practice with specific champions roles like support (not refering to winning, but gameplay wise); - Bots in ARAM... This unfortunatly is worse than in the vs bots. If the player is unlucky he gets bots on own team and not on the oposing team... Only did one game in this mode (if my memory is not failing) because it was ridiculous... - PvP unbalanced matchmaking, altho this is a negative experience there's not much that can't be done to minimize this. Until smurf accounts play some games and are placed in the correct "ELO", new players will face them and be dominated ~~almost~~ to a point where frustration kicks in... In my opinion, the only way to avoid this is to have several accounts in the same account and have a shared "ELO"; - [In my personal opinion] some core summoner skills are only unlocked in way too high lvl account (eg: flash); - [Didn't try it, but from observing others it felt like] jungling on low account lvls is very, but very dificult - almost an impossible mission for new players. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Things I was positively impressed: - Client had a set of vids explaining how to play the game (not sure if when I started the vids were there); - Turret range highlighted when player aproach it; - Tool tip saying what has been unlocked after lvl up - have a suggestion related with lvl up, highlight the account icon with a different color or flashing when something is unlocked; - Many other little things that my memory is not telling me at the moment.
Sweetlake (EUW)
: By the way it's not racist because I'm like that to all the races. I treat them all fairly, with stereotypical jokes. As the dictionary says it 'Racism is discrimination against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior' HOWEVER I call my Dutch friend 'Dutch stroopwaffle bastard', therefore, as a Dutch man, I definitely do not think my own 'race' so to speak is superior over the French. I simply make a stereotypical joke, but I do that with everyone. Therefore I am not racist.
> I treat them all fairly, with stereotypical jokes. There are unoffensive jokes and there are offensive jokes. Just because you treate everyone the same way, doesn't mean that the jokes are not offensive. BTW, very few stereotypical jokes are not offensive. Is OK for you to not agree with what I said. It's very understandable since different people have different values. In our private lifes we do whatever we wish, the only thing that is applied is national law (or international law depending on the situation). In LOL the values that are implemented is to not accept offensive "jokes" (which BTW you accepted by selecting 'Agree' in the EULA). You fail to comply with it, you (or anyone else) is elegible to suffer consequences. TL;DR EULA is explicit about certain type of communication. Failing to comply with it means it becomes elegible to be punished. Nothing subjective about it.
: What happens with skins if we get permanent bann...
Stoped reading at this statement. > take away from u something that u payed withy our own money Riot is not taking away anything, except what you said: > ik that we lose [...] acces to the acc, chat etc But not: > ik that we lose all skins There's a big misconception within some LOL players, mainly because EULA is not read. Yeah, who reads them right? When you "buy" skins, what realy happens is you acquire permition to use one of Riot assets. You don't become owner - as in, what the word implies - but, instead you are given permition to use it. Permition that can be revoked if Riot decides so (even if you think you don't agree with it). TL;DR: Riot only sells access permition, until they decide to revoke it. The revocation can be issued regradless of you agreeing with it or not. Free advise to you and everyone else: Before spending money, read the EULA, ToU and anyother legally biding document. Will save from potential surprises. Here: > All rights and title in and to the Software and the Game, and **all content included therein** (including, without limitation, Accounts, computer code, titles, objects, artifacts, characters, character names, locations, location names, stories, story lines, dialog, catch phrases, artwork, graphics, structural or landscape designs, animations, sounds, musical compositions and recordings, Riot Points, audio-visual works, character likenesses, and methods of operation) are **owned by Riot Games or its licensors**. (...) **You further acknowledge and agree that you shall have no ownership or other property interest in your Account**, and you acknowledge and agree that all rights in and to the Account are and shall forever be owned by and inure to the benefit of Riot Games. [Source](http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/legal/eula)
: Hold on.. You're not allowed to say that anymore on here. YOu can't judge others, so please refrain from doing it.
> You're not allowed to say that anymore on here. YOu can't judge others, so please refrain from doing it. Wrong. I'm allowed and I do it when I want. Can it have consequences? Sometimes yes (when I'm disrespectfull, like some of the OP words are) but, on contrary to some ppl I'm complient and accept them (this statement is judging a person). Anyway, regarding my comment, it wasn't a judge on someone but on the actions practiced by that person. Thin line that seperates them, but with a big different meaning.
W0ochi (EUW)
: What assumption did i make? I read. see what you said. >Chat is important in this game and when someone can't talk with others using respectfull terms, they are not teamplayers. I see, i misunderstood that whole part. Its not that i answered without it being clear to me, i just misunderstood as in, i thought you meant something else there. Well, respectful is the keyword there. There are offensive folks who talk like as a habit (and thus mean no disrespect), and folks who are frustrated, in a temporary state of irritation because of a particular thing. Those might prefer a respecting environmwnt, but their emotions just get the upper hand easier than most people. And while we are at that subject, why is it justifiable to feel offended when the other person did not mean to offend you? Why does one side of the subjective measure (feeling offended) have an advantage on the other side of the subjective measure (thinking you did not offend anyone) ? Because, following the same logic, would mean someone should be punished if people were to be offended every time that person said "hello". Does this really make sense to you? This is the current way riot is handling it. They are simply saying money(player base) > logic. And they are in their right. It just annoys me when they or other players attempt to rationalize those policies that clearly shout "profit". And sorry i just dont follow some things you are saying. I kind of lost it, it might be me though. Can you be a bit more explicit please, when you quote something and comment on it? Mate, if you had actually given an argument at the start, i could have asked for clarification. There was nothing at all to ask clarification about, except to elaborate on your... claim. Which i did ask for, didnt i?. What i meant to say with that last thing you commented on, is that you did not counter any argument i gave in favor. All you did was refer to a "toxic prison". >But, if you explain me how you can try to motivate a teammate that is starting to break using only pings I will give you credit and will from that moment on consider chat to be unimportant and secondary. Well, using a ping that says "dont worry, we will make it!" And a thumbs up icon or something. Credit pls :p and start considering of course. >There is no need for me to back up the "toxic prison". You can do it yourself. Don't believe me? Just go to own experience (assuming you're playing lol for some time) and search your memories for a game where a player started flaming another and the other didn't ignore and responded the same way. See, you backed it up for me. And that is just a small example of how a "toxic prison" would look like. Okay, now this is an actual argument you gave, which i can ask clarification for. So, you described a situation in which a person flames, and then another person responds. May i ask how this is an example of a toxic prison? Do i recall correctly, when i think toxic prison was a term used for a situation in which toxic players are actually only matched up with other toxic players only? Because if so, then then the term does not apply here, since it is an optional thing AND you are not matched with toxic players only, as your team will mostly consist of non-toxic players (assumed for simplicity sake) and at best you can learn from them and communicate with them through pings, and at worst you just cant communicate with them through chat. Being able to just chat with other "toxic" players is not really a problem, as statistically there will be no other in your team, so in practice you will just end up being isolated from the rest of your team, chat-wise, and not in a toxic prison. See why i said that one was invalid? Also damn, all i did was ask for elaboration on what you said, and your attitude turns semi-aggressive to me... What did i do to deserve that? I just need everything to be said explicitly, in order to make no mistakes while trying to understand your point. Not always because i disagree with you or something, because i do agree with you to an extent. I just wanted to rwmind you of all the good things it could bring, and that you would ask yourself if they weigh up against the bad things it offers Oh, almost forgot. One more request: i see you supposedly attended my request for clarification on toxic prison,now can you tell me why a toxic prison would be bad though? Toxic people would be toxic towards eachother (in other words, communicate using offensive language, rather than polite language), but assuming they dont mind that of eachother (which they will have to agree upon, as i said, checking that box), why is it a bad thing? So why is a toxic prison a bad, to start with? Because that assumption is still waiting to yet be justified.
> And while we are at that subject, why is it justifiable to feel offended when the other person did not mean to offend you? Feeling offended is subjective and very personal matter, but on what LOL is concerned it's irrelevant (to a certain degree that is). Respect, on the other hand, is not subjective, it is very clear in the CoC. > Mate, if you had actually given an argument at the start (...) except to elaborate on your... claim. Let us agree on disagreing that for you it's a claim and for me it's an argument (a strong one in my opinion and to Riot as well considering the current punishment regarding the matter) ----------------------------------------------------- > May i ask how this is an example of a toxic prison? It was a small example of how a "toxic prison" looks like. A small example of (and quoting myself from previous post) _when someone is in a hostile environment, hostilities just escalate and no correction is effective_. > Do i recall correctly, when i think toxic prison was a term used for a situation in which toxic players are actually only matched up with other toxic players only? Correct, hence the "" when I used the "toxic prison" expression. Well not entirely correct... The expression was more 'prisoner island'. Regarless, although it would not be the same, the effects would. (in a hostile environment, hostilities just escalate) > now can you tell me why a toxic prison would be bad though? From Riot perspective means [bad publicity](http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4346871). That's an extrem case, but it happened in a "controlled" enviroment. Now imagine in a non-controled environment. Also and again: _when someone is in a hostile environment, hostilities just escalate and no correction is effective_, Just check out how many are punished for "defending" themselfs from other toxic players... A non-stop snowball of toxicity if left unchecked.
W0ochi (EUW)
: No chat = might as well not play? Care to explain why "Refusing to communicate with team" has been removed as a reason to report? It seems to me that you would not mind as much as you are suggesting you would, if one of your teammates doesnt say anything in chat. According to your logic, if someone does not use the chat, but does use smart pings, that person should be banned (=equivalent of stopping)? It seems riot does not agree with you on that one, to be honest. To give you my opinion on that, well, i have played countless games in which my team did not use the chat tactically or functionally at all, we just pinged away, made them plays and won many games like that, perfectly fine. And it is not a prison, as players would choose to play like that. They dont need to. So that ~~argument~~ claim is invalid, as im missing some logical steps there. You did not back that claim up with anything. Care to still explain to me how that would be a "toxic prison", but above all, why a "toxic prison" would be bad? Because right now, you just put all arguments in favor that i gave, away with "no, that would be toxic prison"
Before anything: > If something is not clear, please do ask, instead of posting a comment based on an assumption! How can you ask something if you fail to follow? "Do what I say, do not what I do" philosophy? TS;DR You ask for questions before anyone jumping into conclusions, yet you jump intop conclusions without asking. Anyway: > No chat = might as well not play? Care to explain why "Refusing to communicate with team" has been removed as a reason to report? It seems to me that you would not mind as much as you are suggesting you would, if one of your teammates doesnt say anything in chat. According to your logic, if someone does not use the chat, but does use smart pings, that person should be banned (=equivalent of stopping)? It seems riot does not agree with you on that one, to be honest. Easy there. Please do read what I said (I am mean it, read it): > Chat is important in this game and when someone can't talk with others using respectfull terms, they are not teamplayers. Clarification as in TS;DR Chat is important in this game (yeah the same start of sentence...) and no matter how good the experience with pings is, pings are no replacement for chat as it's still vital for complex communication. But, if you explain me how you can try to motivate a teammate that is starting to break using only pings I will give you credit and will from that moment on consider chat to be unimportant and secondary. But, back on the message: If someone is unable to talk with other players in a respectfull way, they are not teamplayers (or sportsman for that matter). As in, they are there just to ruin the game to everyone. > If not teamplayers why are they playing a team-based game? Clarification as in TS;DR Unless someone is able to 1 v 5 - where all 6 have similar skills - and win a game, this is a teambase game. (repeating myself now) If someone is not a teamplayer why play a teambased game? Now, that we are clear on what I said(?) you will see there is no mention or minimal reference to > No chat = might as well not play? > "Refusing to communicate with team" What I did say tho, was if and when someone comunicates, they should and must be respectfull. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > And it is not a prison, as players would choose to play like that. They dont need to. > Care to still explain to me how that would be a "toxic prison" Ignoring the subjective part on what you said, when someone is in a hostile environment, hostilities just escalate and no correction is effective. That is the "toxic prison". > You did not back that claim up with anything. There is no need for me to back up the "toxic prison". You can do it yourself. Don't believe me? Just go to own experience (assuming you're playing lol for some time) and search your memories for a game where a player started flaming another and the other didn't ignore and responded the same way. See, you backed it up for me. And that is just a small example of how a "toxic prison" would look like. > Because right now, you just put all arguments in favor that i gave, away with "no, that would be toxic prison" > So that argument claim is invalid As I started I will end, ask for clarification before jumping into conclusions.
: The Mark of a Bad Player
Anyone that talks "trash"/troll/intentional feed is a bad player. Rest is just a normal player, having fun while doing everything possible to win.
Show more

Humpf

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion