Rioter Comments
Hyëna (EUW)
: So I just got a 14-day ban for being attacked and abused for 25mins.. gg Riot
It's only two weeks so I'm really not too bothered, it's not a huge deal to wait it out and not the end of the world. It just seems strange that I can go from having no warning at all, no current chat ban or anything of the sort to suddenly having a two week suspension. If my language had been full of swears and the usual cancer slurs kids love to throw around then maybe I'd understand it.. but I've never said anything of the sort. I'm very much of the opinion that anyone using 'get cancer' etc as an insult should get an automatic perma-ban. Either way it's turned into a pretty interesting debate so thanks to the people commenting with actual feedback on the situation. To the few random people deciding to just attack me and mock my champs or play-style, I don't really understand you. Firstly it's completely off topic, secondly if you're going to try and insult someone regarding their skill level, at least make sure you're actually a higher division than they are (lookin' at you Silver 4 guy ;P) or it just makes you look silly. I hit Plat2 last season and have the boarder to prove it but for the pre-season I dropped back into mid gold to be able to duo with a friend. Pre is the perfect time to relax a little and test different champs and builds. Back on topic! I guess the lesson here is either 'Don't ever say anything' or 'Instantly mute anyone toxic'... and before anyone asks, the only reason I don't normally mute toxic people is, believe it or not, I've had countless games where the guy that starts 0/2/0 flaming everyone ends up (eventually) turning his game around with a little help and some simple 'Relax. Sit on tower and wait for my gank' advice. Granted I'm not saying that happens often but it does happen. . Of course there are some toxic people that are simply beyond help. As a Jung main it's frustrating how often people decide to blame you for everything/anything that goes wrong when, more often than not, it's their own fault/poor decision making.
: > Game ends and I get a 14 day ban because apparently 'My attitude was toxic'.. My attitude of trying to defend myself while calmly trying to help the two players screaming abuse at me.. Seriously Riot, is this a joke? There are a few things to note. First of all, "Defending Yourself" in this instance would be muting them. If you mute them, it immediately ends the conversation, you aren't wasting your time responding to them and setting yourself up to be reported. When you get aggravated and start to mock or perpetuate a negative atmosphere, you're essentially putting yourself on their level, its retaliation, not defending yourself. Riot doesn't take context into consideration, the actions of others doesn't matter at all, only your own actions. Another point is the fact it was a 14 day ban. This implies that you have a history of negativity tied to your account and future reports after the 14 day ban would result in a permanent ban. With that in mind, you were not banned for this one instance, you were banned because of that backlog of valid reports against your account. This is especially true if you've ever been chat restricted before. While you were not swearing, a lot of people do get warnings and punishments simply because they have a negative attitude in the game. Nothing you said back was helpful and you out-right mocked them and also report-begged, all of which isn't considered passable behavior, especially when its consistent. Regardless, you seem like a nice person. There is always the possibility that your ban was a mistake. Posting here won't help you with that however, you'll only be met with people telling you why you deserve the ban. Instead, you should contact Riot Support and ask them to review your case, that is if you believe that you are innocent and undeserving of punishment. In the future though if you continue to play after your ban, just mute people like the botlane in your game. Unfortunately, the way this game has turned, if you want to avoid punishment, the best thing you can do is to hold your tongue, mute people who are aggressive and report them at the end of the game. They'll get punished and even if they report you, it won't matter because there is nothing you have done that can get you punished.
> [{quoted}](name=Aozora Eyes,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=czOEksh6,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-12-09T02:40:01.686+0000) > > There are a few things to note. > > First of all, "Defending Yourself" in this instance would be muting them. If you mute them, it immediately ends the conversation, you aren't wasting your time responding to them and setting yourself up to be reported. When you get aggravated and start to mock or perpetuate a negative atmosphere, you're essentially putting yourself on their level, its retaliation, not defending yourself. Riot doesn't take context into consideration, the actions of others doesn't matter at all, only your own actions. Cheers for the reply. I'll happily clarify a few things. Yes I have had a chat ban in the past, last season I actually got a few of them back-to-back (typically for games like this). I made a massive effort to stop rising to the bait of trolls and since haven't had a ban. I got one at the very start of the pre-season (10 game chat-ban) but I honestly still don't know why, I had been talking in allchat but only joking around with a member of the enemy team. I completely get what you're saying and I know I ended up losing my temper and mocking them but given the circumstances it didn't feel like I had an option. Half my chat was to the enemy, explaining what Cait/Sona were doing. They spent an awful lot of the game telling the enemy I was hurling abuse at them, using racist remarks and all the rest of it which, of course, I wasn't.. Staying silent in a situation like that, I swear you'd end up looking more guilty and a few of the enemy team would likely report you for the sake of it. The problem I have with the /muteall answer that most people give is that.. I don't want to mute my team. Most of the time people are actually pretty nice and my friendlist is full of players from my team and the enemy because we get into a stupid convo and have a little fun while playing. I get that just straight up muting my team at the start of the game would solve these kind of problems.. but it feels like I'd be shooting myself in the foot. It seems dumb that I have to punish myself, just to stop toxic people screaming at me. I'd also love to know how people like that Cait and Sona are still happily gaming and probably flaming other people.. and yet I'm the one that's banned. How can you scream garbage like 'I hope you die of cancer' etc and yet not have a perma-ban..
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Wohltat (EUW)
: New trend: Pay me money via PayPal or I go afk in RANKED
The problem is that he probably won't actually get banned.. I'm sorry but I've lost all faith in the report system and I'm 99% sure reports do less than nothing right now. I've had a guy in multiple ranked games spend the entire game afk on base while flaming all chat with the most vile filth you can imagine (and the usual 'get cancer and die' rubbish of course) and yet is he banned? Nope he's still playing daily and doing the exact same thing to other people. At this point I'm convinced that the report system doesn't actually even send reports, ever. It's just a fake button designed to make scorned players feel slightly better. >_> As for people saying 'take a screenshot and send to Riot'. That won't work.. or well, it really shouldn't work. Even a Photoshop novice could doctor an image like that to make it look like anyone said anything.
: I feel sorry for Riot
Riot games have made about $976 million this year and are set t become the first company ever to make over a billion dollars through micro-transactions in a single year. Can you please stop acting as if they are a few bright-eyed kids with a dream in a basement? On the matter of the new HUD, sorry but Riot have messed up, it's a bloated, ugly style-over-substance waste of time. The old HUD shows clear and concise info, which is why the vast majority of players much prefer it. The new HUD Riot have tried to reinvent the wheel, clogging it up with stylised design and completely forgetting that a HUD should always been functionality over style. The old HUD has been crafted and tweaked over years with the help of community feedback.. The new HUD was thrown together in a few months and it shows- as for all the ' Oh noes Riot is getting bad feedback'... that's the ENTIRE point of feedback.. It's not constructive feedback if you ignore all the BAD comments because they hurt your feelings. The vast majority of negative comments are from people giving fairly reasonable explanations of WHY it's bad- Eg. I dislike the new HUD because all the information I consider vital (my champs stats, my creep score etc) seems to have been thrown into lesser, almost random, positions on the screen, making it more difficult to read at a glance. LoL is a good game but Riot are not a perfect company, I'm sure they'd happily admit that- What will be interesting now is seeing how they react to all this feedback. Will they just stick a finger up at the NA/EU communities and stubbornly keep the new HUD because THEY like it.. or will they actually respect their players and take constructive criticism?
Oktago (EUW)
: Old HUD
At this point if the new HUD isn't totally reworked (or just scrapped) I think it's a great excuse to quit. It's beyond ugly and whoever designed it clearly has little to no experience actually creating working UIs. Design/style should NEVER trump functionality, that's why people hate the new HUD and love the old one. The game itself is great.. the community is the worst I've ever seen.. now it seems like RIOT are changing the UI to match :)
Rioter Comments
: From Bronze to Platinum
I wouldn't be too happy mate, Plat is honestly the most toxic league. I purposely started in BronzeV last season to work my way up and while bronze/silver/gold were bad, it's nothing compared to the toxicity of plat.. It's almost like people people get an ego about them so it doesn't matter that they are 0/12/2 because hey.. I'm Plat! I honestly thought I'd hit diamond this season as I was progressing pretty fast/easily but damn.. mid plat is awful, I've just been yoyoing for weeks now- Case in point, my current match history looks like an abomination because I had something like SEVEN games in a row where I got an AFKer from the start and team give up.. or a troll.. or a pair of premade trolls.. and when I say premade trolls I don't mean 'bad players that lose their lanes' I mean two people going out of their way to feed and get the worst possible scores they can.. Love Plat :(
huckasex (EUW)
: there are already thinking about adding chroma skins as a reward though they have to create those first for all champs
> [{quoted}](name=huckasex,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=9G46hWgJ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-07-18T09:38:36.358+0000) > > there are already thinking about adding chroma skins as a reward though they have to create those first for all champs Will never, ever happen. What Riot says and what Riot does are two very different things.
YoYoMoJo (EUNE)
: lcs players never surrender , why should we ?
Sorry YOYOMOJO but I can't stand players like you ^^ Saying 'Never surrender' is beyond stupid. The very nature of this game dictates that there are some games you simply cannot win and while you might consider fighting on pointlessly to be.. I don't know.. heroic or something? Most people would consider it a waste of time. As many others stated already, it makes much more sense to surrender the game, forget about it and move on more quickly to the next. 'Bravely' fighting on for another 10-15mins just to eventually lose.. I call that stupid, not brave. Just because your time is apparently worthless and you're happy to waste it, doesn't mean the rest of your team feel the same way. Refusing to surrender in a truly unwinnable game just because of your pride is just as toxic as trolling yourself. Now don't get me wrong here, I'm actually a pretty positive LoL player and I've had countless games where some idiot calls a surr vote at 20mins and another player agrees.. but those games are winnable. Likewise I've had a fair few 4v5s where someone wanted to surrender.. but we won. Hell I won a 3v5 last week.. But here's the thing, in all those games it was **obvious **that there was a chance for a comeback.. the enemy got cocky and started giving free kills or whatever, gave up a dragon and so on.. It's actually quite easy to see if you can turn a game around... But.. To say **Any **game is winnable if you just don't give up? Sorry but nope. This isn't some crappy 80s motivational video. Some games are unwinnable due to factors far beyond the control of one or two players and believing that you can turn around an impossible to win game if you just try really really hard.. you're either very naive or very arrogant... or both \o/ ELO climbing is like wargames- Each game is a battle. Losing a battle doesn't mean you've lost the war. As for all this 'Surrendering is for cowards!' crap.. Get over yourself kids, this is a game and you're not a hero.
Coxis (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=JakalBM,realm=EUW,application-id=slFBEUB8,discussion-id=9xNOrKJ4,comment-id=004b00000000,timestamp=2015-07-16T21:24:00.853+0000) > > for company like riot making millions of money every year shouldn't be a problem to fix 1 bug in max 3 hours even 5..... okay. How much money do you think they earn? And what do you think they do with them?
> [{quoted}](name=Coxis,realm=EUNE,application-id=slFBEUB8,discussion-id=9xNOrKJ4,comment-id=004b000000000000,timestamp=2015-07-16T21:38:06.027+0000) > > How much money do you think they earn? And what do you think they do with them? This year Riot have made around $946 million and are likely going to be the first company ever to break the one billion dollar mark in micro-transaction sales- if they haven't already. I'm sorry but I'm so sick and tired of people trying to defend poor, hard-working, Riot Games.. They are one of the most lucrative games companies in the world right now, yet unlike almost every other company out there they only have a single game and community to focus on.. and yet they have one of the worst track records, both in terms of game reliability and downtime and community.. Stop defending them. They don't care about you, me or anyone else on these boards. They care about money and the single only reason they want things up and running again is because it's costing them.. although sadly I'm sure it actually isn't because the same people that cry about downtime are the same people blowing their parents money on RP every week. Just look at the client right now. Ranked has been disabled almost a full 24 hours, Zed disabled, Riven disabled.. We're told they are hard at work fixing it and I'm sure a few well paid coders are.. and yet good ol' Riot still somehow find the time to update and show off the new Nasus chroma pack, we better go buy it, right? If they had any class they wouldn't dream about trying to show off the latest thing to buy when their game isn't even fully functioning.. but of course Riot don't really think like that and I'm sure they've already made a nice pile of cash from it. Riot's priorities are making money, not making players happy.. that's more of a free bonus they couldn't care less about. Ranked going down doesn't really effect Riot as a company in the long run.. it annoys the hell out of the player-base of course but that's about it.. It doesn't much harm Riot because 99.9% of people will still be throwing money at them next week regardless. If people want change and want Riot to start paying attention, they have to stop buying RP- But we all know that'll never happen.
YoYoMoJo (EUNE)
: lcs players never surrender , why should we ?
LCS players also get paid, we don't.
Riot tmx (EUW)
: Ranked Disabled Due to Recall Bug
Ranked still down.. but don't worry, Riot have updated the main splash page to show off the new chroma packs- Go give us more money! Priorities Riot.
lynxy123 (EUW)
: Chroma pack as MASTERY CHAMPION reward
Riot will never, ever, make chromas unlockable for free- It sucks but seriously guys... this is Riot we're talking about.. Would they rather give us some cool stuff for free.. or make a few more million euros? It's not a hard choice. I never believed it when they said they -might- make them unlockable and the fact that they are now cranking out more and more chromas packs for RP only goes to prove that they clearly never intended to make them free. If Riot tried to make chromas free now, they'd have a massive backlash from players that'd spent RP to buy them.. so yeah.. as per usual Riot were just leading us on with no real intention of ever doing what they said. Remember last year when they promised over and over they'd be more active on the EUW forums and stop treating us like crap compared to NA? Oh yeah.. lots of talk, zero action. tldr; Sorry but chromas will never, ever ever ever be free. Riot wants your money, not your happiness.
: What is the most annoying abillity ingame?
Riven's Q- Why? Because no other champ in the game has a skill that is actually about seven skills rolled into one, all for the low-low cost of no mana.. Using her Q Riven becomes essentially ungankable because it gives her three mini-flashes, oh and the last one can jump terrain too because.. shut up! In the hands of a good player Riven is the most infuriating champ in the game and it's all because of her Q- her ability to engage/disengage from a fight within seconds and being utterly impossible to catch. Her entire design is broken but the toxicity of her kit is largely due to her Q.
: GDers unite!
Does it matter? With the boards changing design we seem to have not only lost half the community but also 99% of Riot activity. Kinda funny really, remember them saying they were really going to make an effort to post more and get more involved with EUW? Yeah.. what a shock, Riot didn't keep their word.
Rioter Comments
: I think we can all agree here that Ekko need some nerfsor changes to his kit
Sorry but Ekko is not OP at all. He requires far more skill and timing than more obvious assassins like.. y'know... Zed and Yasou, who both require zero skill, only have one build path and have no mana. Yes Ekko does nice damage but he has to work for it. Sorry but anyone calling Ekko OP is clearly just a low division player that got stomped in a blindpick. He's actually one of the most well-balanced champs Riot have released. He's also still relatively new so 80% of the reason people are getting stomped is because they have no idea how to play against him- Exact same thing happens **every **single time a new champ is released.
: Is this an XP/IP bot?
It is a bot but Riot really don't give the slightest crap about it. There are thousands of players botting new accounts over the last few months and Riot have done nothing to stop it.
Ashslayer (EUNE)
: Ranked is getting ridiculous like this
Trust me start muting your entire team at the start. Trying to give people advice in ranked just leads to you getting chat-banned or worse. You have to fact that some people are just awful players and awful human-beings.
Mithos (EUW)
: How about making Irelia's stun duration scale with HP%
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08
: The Bard Hate Never Ends?
At one point I had a 84% win-rate on Bard in Plat5-3 after playing about 20 games on him. Every game I was coming away with scores like 2/3/28 and yet every single game at least one person on MY team would be giving me shit for playing Bard.. Very rarely someone would actually say something like 'Dude stop flaming Bard, this guy carries us!' but it was pretty rare. The funniest thing about playing Bard is that, while he's very skill-dependant (as opposed to the more brainless supps like Leo/Morg where you can just run at the enemy and mash buttons) people are soooooo quick to jump on you if/when you miss a single skill-shot. His ulty especially... it has mid-air travel time and the timing has to be perfect to pull off those epic saves or amazing enemy catches.. it takes real skill to land it perfectly and while your team don't care at all when it DOES work.. the second you miss you better be ready for a flood of 'OMFG NOOB BARD' 'Worst champ ever!' text. Bard is an amazing support but he really is a support. He's not like Annie 'support' or Morg 'support' that take kills, build full ap and turn into an ap carry, he's just a support. If you have an awful team, there's almost nothing Bard can actually do to help. If you have a team of solid players, Bard is like a global team-buff, he'll make them all play that much better. Bard's No.1 weakness and main issue that makes him unviable is that, because he's what I'd class as a 'full' support, you are relying on your team being half-decent players that you can support and help and thanks to the wonders of solo-Q that's just not always the case.
: Injustice
Welcome to LoL- The game that's created a system where it's laughably easy to be toxic without receiving any punishment, yet insanely easy to be punished if you're a good/neutral player. The only solution is /mute all at the start of the game.. and it's a real shit solution. Thanks Riot.
Nankyoku (EUNE)
: So you try to combat toxicity you say?
Honestly give it another year and LoL will have died if it continues on the current path. Riot are so focused on cranking out new champs and content, they aren't even monitoring the game and community they've created- It's also pretty damn obvious they are working on another project too. With the latest anti-toxic system, all it really does is force real players to mute each other, which means no one talks and for better or worse you lose a lot of communication. I got a 2-week ban because I was apparently 'toxic' when I was telling a 0/13/1 top lane to play safe while he was busy wishing that I died of cancer. Lovely. The system favours trolls so there's no point even trying anymore- The only real solution is to mute your entire team at the start of the game.. and let's be honest, that's a real shit solution. It's so easy to be toxic and troll in numerous ways in this game with little to no real punishment, not to mention the insane rise of botters and scripters lately. Everything Riot do trying to combat the growing issues, they end up catching the wrong players. I've got a list of around eight players that I've been keeping an eye on, half of them are confirmed scripters, the other half are insanely toxic.. so far None of them has been banned. For me the real issue that will kill this game is scripters- This thread is a prime example- http://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/suggestions-bug-reports-en/8FdE47qs-scripter Eventually one of two things will happen. People will quit OR they will script/bot too. The classic can't beat 'em, join 'em scenario. Riot are doing literally nothing to actually combat these issues and the longer they ignore the problem, the quicker this game will die... but hey, let's go spend cash to buy the newest champ, right? Oh wait..
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Hansiman (EUNE)
: Greetings. Have you checked your spam folder? There are some people that have it end up there. Did you recently get the ban? The e-mail may take a little longer to arrive. You know, internet postmen and stuff. =) If you don't get it, you can send in a ticket to Riot, and they'll resend it for you. You can do so [here](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new). A last note: Are you sure you're checking the correct e-mail? The ones that your account is actually linked to? I've seen people before making that mistake.
> [{quoted}](name=Hansiman,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=LT21Am94,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-05-26T20:32:38.520+0000) > > Greetings. > > Have you checked your spam folder? There are some people that have it end up there. > > Did you recently get the ban? The e-mail may take a little longer to arrive. You know, internet postmen and stuff. =) > > If you don't get it, you can send in a ticket to Riot, and they'll resend it for you. You can do so [here](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new). > > A last note: Are you sure you're checking the correct e-mail? The ones that your account is actually linked to? I've seen people before making that mistake. I checked the account email and there's nothing. I also recently updated/changed my email but there's nothing at the new one either. I'll give it a few more hours and see if anything comes through, if not I'll try the ticket! Cheers for the quick reply <3
: we all should be thankful
I have a totally opposite view actually, I think these more harsh 14-day bans are actually only going to hurt the community even more. As a jungle main I spend my days trying to explain to toxic players why I'm not ganking their lane or why they are dying.. but as always, if you try to tell a 0/6/0 Top that the reason he's dying is because he's perma-pushing and the reason he's getting ganked is because he's pushing with no wards.. what does he do? He rages at you, call you a noob, bad jungler blah blah... I'm pretty used to having an almost permanent chat-ban because it's actually impossible with the current system to try and HELP people. You try to explain to people why they are playing so badly and what they are doing wrong, they just rage more and report for you flaming, despite you actually trying to give them constructive feedback.. So yeah. I'm done. I'm sick of getting punished for trying to help worse players so from now on I'm going to mute everyone from the start- Riot keep trying to help but all they do is make it worse.
Rioter Comments
: Rengar is a fun and exciting champion for all
There are a lot of champs that can 100-0 far quicker than a fed Rengar right now.. and they don't give you a warning before they are about to do it. Rengar capitalises on bad players, which is why at low elo he may seem like such a monster- You're top lane always pushing but never buy wards? Yeah Rengar gonna get you. You're an unfed adc pushing bot lane solo with no vision? Yeah Rengar gonna eat you. If you honestly think Rengar is OP then go ahead and play him, you'll quickly see that, actually, he's currently balanced leaning towards weak.
Spamo (EUW)
: Just went 21/9/9 on kata and people calling me a noob?
Probably because they were mad? .. but seriously, speaking someone that mained Kata last season, she really does require literally zero skill to actually use. Even an awful Kata player can eventually pick up a kill in a teamfight and because of her mechanics if you pick up one kill, you'll probably pick up another.. and then another.. She's a very low skill/high reward champ.
: Honestly I think if someone made a thread and we kept it at a stupidly high amount of upvotes then Riot might consider it
> [{quoted}](name=Nox Infinitus,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=tMApmxHg,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2015-05-07T15:56:48.097+0000) > > Honestly I think if someone made a thread and we kept it at a stupidly high amount of upvotes then Riot might consider it You're forgetting that Riot don't ever actually check the boards/forums and couldn't give less of a shit what their player-base wants/thinks/feels. The EUW community has tried for years to get some Riot activity on the forums and all that's been proved over and over is that they honestly couldn't give a damn. As long as we play their game and give them cash, they don't care.
: Chroma packs and champion mastery
IF Riot have any sense and any general regard for their player-base, they will eventually make all chroma packs unlockable through this new mastery system.. But again, this is Riot we're talking about so it's a very very big IF.. The fact that they stole this Champ Mastery system from HotS (which allows players to unlocked colour changes for free) but decided to implement it without any real rewards while also releasing separate colour packs for cash... I think that's pretty telling what Riot really cares about.
: Bard is viable. Just building anything than tank/cdr items is pointless, cause his scaling is low. My first impression was like yours - "bard is crap", but now it changed. Probably they even gonna nerf CD on his ultimate, cause it's like 50 sec.
> [{quoted}](name=SoulPaintedBlack,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=4eGA2IG6,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2015-05-07T08:06:26.988+0000) > > Bard is viable. Just building anything than tank/cdr items is pointless, cause his scaling is low. > > My first impression was like yours - "bard is crap", but now it changed. Probably they even gonna nerf CD on his ultimate, cause it's like 50 sec. I don't believe Bard is crap but I do believe that right now you have to play him amazingly just to perform 'good' - The classic problem always remains- Why work your ass off playing a champ like Bard for average results when you could no-brain pick Leona and likely do ten times better? I actually had a go at maining Bard in Plat for awhile and for a fair timeI was able to get a 60%+ winrate and scores like 2/3/28 etc.. but more often than not he still felt mind-numbingly weak.. A Leona or Braum with that score would be literally unstoppable but with Bard you always feel squish, regardless of items. I think his kit is amazing but I think the numbers need to be tweaked, especially given that three of his skills don't actually do any damage. His ulty can be a blessing or a total curse- usually decided by a matter of 1-2 seconds.. Cast it too slow and it's pointless, only aiding the enemy.. cast it too quick, your team rage at you for cancelling one of their ultys.. It's such a high-pressure skill ulty (especially when firing over distance) but the lack of reward is pretty disappointing given the effort it takes. tldr; Bard is fun but his kit is still very lacking. Right now he feels very very high risk/low reward. While he remains fun to play, I see zero reason to pick him over a safe bet like Leona/thresh.
: The buff bard we deserve not the bard buff we need
Given that the ulty travels like a projectile over long distances, it really should give some kind of positive/negative stat effects to team/enemy. Landing that ulty at full range is an art-form in itself, like landing an ashe/jinx ulty from across the map, the fact that there is zero reward for the extra skill required kinda sucks..
Rioter Comments
MorroWtje (EUW)
: Most likely because you spend a high amount of time running around your jungle collecting chimes rather than sitting with your AD trying to help them get strong. And compared to other supports he offers relatively little to help protect/playmake for his carry.
> [{quoted}](name=MorroWtje,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=JL1uMucp,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-05-02T06:31:20.543+0000) > > Most likely because you spend a high amount of time running around your jungle collecting chimes rather than sitting with your AD trying to help them get strong. And compared to other supports he offers relatively little to help protect/playmake for his carry. Mmm... no, I don't. As I said in my post, the vast majority of the time when bot is over I have fed my adc with minimal/no deaths. Bad Bard's sacrifice the lane to chase chimes, good Bard's pick the right moments to go chime hunting so that it won't effect the lane... and again, if you honestly think he offers little help/play-making ability, I can guarantee you've never seen a good Bard player- (I do freely admit they are rare!)
Rioter Comments
foxxof120 (EUW)
: chroma packs
The cold, simple, fact is that Riot want your cash, not your happiness. I think chroma packs are a really neat idea and I'd love for them to be unlocked by IP/Mastery but the reality is that I'm 100% sure they will be RP only. Riot say cormas being sold for RP is a good thing because it gives them cash to help enhance the game.. sorry but if you believe this you're an idiot. Riot have been a multi-million company for years now yet we have the exact same bloated, buggy client that they refuse to overhaul because it would cost them time and money. All Riot care about is bringing out new buy-able content, not fixing the client/sever issues that negatively impact their players daily.
: I've read a couple of people complaining about this issue. Couldn't you find a fitting team though, that you constantly play with, to avoid trolls?
> [{quoted}](name=Guardianstance,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=Uao6n4oJ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-04-22T13:00:38.760+0000) > > I've read a couple of people complaining about this issue. Couldn't you find a fitting team though, that you constantly play with, to avoid trolls? Team ranked is different system to SoloQ ranked sadly. I'd love a good DuoQ partner but sadly all my friends that play are Silver >.<
Duobyte (EUNE)
: Platinum player cant win games in bronze
It's very easy to climb in bronze/silver/gold- (I know because I started Bronze V and now I'm plat \o/) Pick a role where you can **carry **the game- by that I mean it's very unlikely you can fully carry a game as a support. The easiest role I've found is jung, pick a solid champ that can snowball into a monster- so someone like Rengar, Hec, Rek etc.. Take all the kills, don't give them to team unless you're fed. Why? because you can't trust your team. If you truly are a half decent player, getting yourself fed and carrying isn't too hard.
hardevo (EUNE)
: Ranked is about 50 %luck.
That's always been the case with ranked, especially if you play Solo Q. I don't care how good you are at playing the same, if you have a guy that decides he's going to troll or a feeder or a afker or all of the above.. it's near impossible to recover and win the game. I'm currently stuck in Plat V for the same reason. Every SoloQ game I play, it seems to be pure luck whether or not I get honest players or I get trolls, no logic to it at all and very very frustrating. I can honestly say trying to climb Plat this season is worse than Bronze.
: From your post I can't help but get the sensation you think the system works against you through wrongly made reports. This is a common misconception that is repeated in almost 2 out of 3 threads made in Player Behaviour Board nowadays. For this problem Riot did what was expected and made an informative thread which will give a general concept of the Automated Punishment system for readers. Thread is stickied to the top of the Board. "Chat Restriction FAQ" I found all the answers for my questions from that thread. The problem just is that people ignore it, they have their strong opinion which is usually caused by a restriction they feel undeserved and when they come to vent off frustration to the boards they do not educate themselves first. So could you give it a read, think things over and then ask for something that still was left unclear?
> [{quoted}](name=LoserSupreme,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=E5xV1Jy7,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-04-18T09:44:41.885+0000) > > From your post I can't help but get the sensation you think the system works against you through wrongly made reports. To clarify I don't believe the system is working against me or singling me out, that'd be silly. My issue is not 'Zomg I'm innocent, stop banning me!'- My issue is that, as I explained, I fully believe the system to be woefully inadequate for the job it was created for. The report system/chat-ban system is meant to be in place to further try and stop/deter toxic player behaviour, I fully believe it's done the polar opposite, giving trolls another tool to abuse and that's my issue. This game has reached a toxicity level where if any player has a bad game/loses their lane/doesn't react quick enough etc that the solution is 'OMG REPORT NOOB' and that's a very very bad state to be in. People abuse the report system simply to punish other people that, for whatever reasons, they don't like. You beat me in lane? Welp I'm going to report you. It's toxic. I honestly believe the best thing Riot could do right now is actually disable both team and all chat for everyone. Just think about that for a second- why do we actually **need **the ability to type to our team or the enemy? We have smart pings that clearly and visually convey actions/warnings etc.. everything you'd need for a team-based game. Does having the ability to type 'lol noob, I pwned you get rekt' actually do **anything **positive for the game? Now people could argue 'Hey but I like saying 'wp' when my team are good' and hey, that's a valid point I think.. but that could also be easily solved by Riot giving us a few more smart-pings- 'Compliment' pings or something along those lines 'Good job!' 'Well played!' and so on.
Rioter Comments

Hyëna

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion