: I didn't realise mages were considered OP enough for blanket nerfs of this magnitude. Am I missing something here? Not only did they nerf the items but because they made AD carries stronger in the early-mid game, mages are never stronger than them. I thought the whole point of picking a mage was for an earlier power spike than AD carries, but this doesn't apply anymore. The only chance mages have right now of being relevant in a match is starting Dark Seal and trying to snowball with Mejai's. If you can't do that then you might as well get a sightstone and act as a second support.
> [{quoted}](name=midnight illusio,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=EftJpVR4,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2015-11-13T18:04:37.338+0000) > > I didn't realise mages were considered OP enough for blanket nerfs of this magnitude. Am I missing something here? Not only did they nerf the items but because they made AD carries stronger in the early-mid game, mages are never stronger than them. I thought the whole point of picking a mage was for an earlier power spike than AD carries, but this doesn't apply anymore. The only chance mages have right now of being relevant in a match is starting Dark Seal and trying to snowball with Mejai's. If you can't do that then you might as well get a sightstone and act as a second support. Exactly my thoughts, it's like I am missing something, was there a mage META nobody noticed?
Viavarian (EUW)
: The champions with the highest win rates in the new patch are almost all AP mids (Veigar, Ahri, Anivia, Malzahar, Lux...), so I think you're blowing things way out of proportion.
> [{quoted}](name=Viavarian,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=EftJpVR4,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2015-11-13T17:50:31.564+0000) > > The champions with the highest win rates in the new patch are almost all AP mids (Veigar, Ahri, Anivia, Malzahar, Lux...), so I think you're blowing things way out of proportion. Winrates don't tell anything, if a champion is unpopular, high winrate actually means it is OK, as the champion is played mostly by mains. If a champion is popular and having high winrate, then you might have considerations. Also I have yet to see an Anivia or Veigar in a game... Ahri got pushed up because of her MS buff in Q, that is a special case. Now after update every AP mid collectively will go down.
raps1355 (EUW)
: Think mid laners is in a bad place right now and has been since the dfg removal which has only compounded since the juggernaut creation. As it stands mid cannot contest top lane with equal gold in a 1v1 which is sad considering how much damage top laners do while enjoying that survivability. Top laners now = alistar + master yi when they used to be just master yi like. Didnt have this problem when i could dfg 100-0 garen under his tower :)
> [{quoted}](name=raps1355,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=EftJpVR4,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2015-11-13T17:48:44.844+0000) > > Think mid laners is in a bad place right now and has been since the dfg removal which has only compounded since the juggernaut creation. As it stands mid cannot contest top lane with equal gold in a 1v1 which is sad considering how much damage top laners do while enjoying that survivability. Top laners now = alistar + master yi when they used to be just master yi like. Didnt have this problem when i could dfg 100-0 garen under his tower :) Burst mages always fall down in late game when enemy survives even a little bit, and by that time everyone could just buy Banshee's.. DPS mages are in a good spot fighting tanky DPS toplaners after laning phase by constant CC and eating away their HP, Liandry's is perfect for it. The problem now is the laning phase in mid, especially VS AD mid. Seeker's got armor nerfed and cost increased.. it's basically turning every AP mage like a saturday-cartoon villain Viktor-style "evil" to be defeated and every AD mid as a "hero" with flashy plays who murders the "bad mage"... is this what RIOT wants?
Katfyr (EUW)
: Were AP mages honestly a "problem" to nerf their items and buff MR items?
I call for the return of Malphite and Rammus for the current time.. also there was once an AD-mid META in League when Kha'zix was released and it did not end pretty.. you see - AD players will suffer from it too - right now you have your moment of glory, but when RIOT nerfs, even after buffs, the following nerfs are almost always more severe than buffs given before.. sometimes even entire parts of champions' kit being removed.
Rioter Comments
Squaid (EUW)
: stop whining about pre-season
Considering the money they get and the amount of people working they have no excuses to release imbalanced content, especially once going through PBE servers.
Katfyr (EUW)
: I call for the return of control mages - you've read it here first!
That's what you've been doing all the time if you play ranked.
Rioter Comments
: Your top 5 most played champs?
{{champion:143}} - She used to be a monster before her E and passive nerfs, and also the notorious nerf making towers prioritize her plants... right now in middle lane as APC she is outclassed by Syndra in every possible way, who got extremely similar kit, but still there is some nostalgia playing her. I refuse to classify her as a support because simply she is not one, just I still yet to have figure out how to play her in mid-lane in her current state. {{champion:266}} - Underrated and newcomers will fail with him spectacularly but knowing a little something here and there, some tricks with this champion you will never ever lose a lane - at best having real kill-pressure, at worst being able to hold your ground against practically anything.. you can easily stay in lane with him that long so your first purchase after first recall is completed Tiamat. {{champion:267}} - She is the best of all supports, only Thresh is challenging her in usefulness. Her consistency is her greatest strength - your CC ignores minions in front of enemy, you can play offensively and defensively alike with that low-cooldown heal, and later she can both initiate teamfights and disengage from them as she pleases. She is a support who is in control and who got impact. {{champion:21}} - I like winning my lane and then having wombo-combos, in S3 I had over 80% winrate with her in solo queue.. I am concerned about her now very soon upcoming rework which removes a lot of her lane-pressure.. so hopefully she won't become another Zyra, who used to be strong but now is played only because of double Ds. {{champion:113}} - When in doubt and when enemy hasn't picked lee or something I choose her, she is far from being any good in terms of damage, but her CC is unparalleled, even when her Ultimate is down, her consistent knock-ups and slows cause great disruption, something what many other tanks can't really do that good. Also in certain divisions you literally win games by pressing R at the right time, it definitely is satisfying.
Melonizer (EUW)
: I want to cry
If you lose more than 3 games in a row just stop ranked - start it again in the next day as the most soonest.. most likely you are on tilt and don't even know it, but it also is likely that just crap players during that time when it happens excessively join game. So there is nothing you can do about it in the moment when it happens, just let things refresh.
Nerebis (EUW)
: Ranked: How do I get better?
You need 3 things: First - good rune pages. Seriously, there is no way around it. Optimize for early-game advantage, with the exception of jungler glyphs, which usually are MR per level and make specialized rune pages for each role. Second - experience. This includes mechanical skill, knowledge of match-ups, map awareness, most effective builds for each champion, knowledge how to play when ahead or when behind, when to roam, when to push, when to group, etc. Third - calm head. Try not to type absolutely anything in chat. Focus on your game, getting your core items and EXP, winning your lane, exploiting enemy mistakes, this is primary.. helping your teammates is secondary. In fact - don't even care if your team loses and never go "rambo" in unwarded zone or otherwise in excessively dangerous situation to chase kills, let them go. The better is your KDA, the more influence you have on the outcome of the game. Of course - it doesn't guarantee 100% chance to win, some games are just unwinnable, yet doing these things will raise your chances to win.
: Am I the only one that doesn't play dominion coz I have no idea what it is about?
There are no bots in Dominion at lvl 30, it is only early level problem. Dominion is tower defense. Hold majority of towers - at least 3 - then enemy Nexus loses health. That is all about it. Windmill - the top tower is slightly more valuable in "damage" it does when captured. Also each kill of enemy champions instantly makes enemy Nexus lose additional 1 HP.
: Why would you NOT build Amumu full AP?
You will die before getting chance to use it.
: Riven QQ is too damn high
Riven is undefeatable if she gets ahead.. no other physical damage fighter champion got such massive AoE CC, which is very easy to land - you send your team to kill her, everyone just get locked down and murdered... If she is NOT ahead, she can be dealt with, laning phase matters a lot.
IslamBody (EUW)
: We need a new look for Dominion Map !
Dominion is highly underrated - it should have ranked mode and additional map, it is much more fun to skip last-hitting phase and get straight to the teamfights - fast-paced, attractive, and downright bloody - this mode is the only thing which makes LoL better than other MOBAs, for example, the notorious DOTA 2, in which its 5vs5 map is, let's be honest - way more detailed and even better looking than in LoL even after its visual update.. which still did nothing about adding any more depth to the gameplay.
: The 6 tips to win games
I will simplify, there are only 2 tips: First - get fed Second - don't throw Generally, if you fail to achieve the first point, you are at the mercy of matchmaking gods, because you will have practically no influence to the outcome of the game, so... if you deserve being higher, you should be able to demolish your enemy. Second point can be deeply elaborated.. mostly it means not doing anything stupid and keeping up methodical, safe pressure on the enemy team, until their towers collapse, objectives get taken and jungle gets cleared.... going rambo-style to the enemy alone in unwarded zone is asking to get baited and shut down.. and at that point it doesn't even matter that you were 5/0 in lane, because you just lost your lead instead of keeping it.
: Fuck you.
DEAL WITH IT - THERE ARE UNCARRYABLE GAMES. And "getting fed" doesn't equal winning - you can easily lose your gold advantage and if you fail to push enemy base, your fed-ness means nothing!
: Uncarryable...
Yes, some games cannot be carried - DEAL WITH IT.
ultra56 (EUNE)
: Janna is bad hero compared to real supports
Janna is purposefully kept weak because RIOT wants her to be ONLY "disengage support" - they nerfed even her splash-art, turning her from a woman to a scary tranny.
: Buff Thornmail or remove it
It's so childish "buff or remove" - who the hell are you to blackmail game designers? And guess what - neither is going to happen. Also even if ADCs get out of control - assassin META is coming back. This game has never been balanced and never will.
Xyrokar (EUW)
: Is saying "Easy" a reason to report?
Your reports mean nothing anyway - this game had been under total anarchy in S3 when I left and it still is the same. Do yourself the best favour you can do - drag your chat off-screen.
Eveninn (EUW)
: How to make your jungler love you
I'm tired of these "omg [champion X] in last game did [Y] and [Z] and omg omg" - NOBODY CARES. Get used to the fact that the people who play this game are goddamn braindead with no common sense - anything other than that is like a lucky pick in a lottery.
: [GAMEPLAY] Nami and Ardent Censer
Ardent Censer is trash because the buff value is low and it doesn't scale at all - it's just a gimmicky item with low impact. The only true way to play Nami is to max AP as much as you can, if you don't then you should not have picked her.
neconi2005 (EUNE)
: Yasuo need skin ......
He needs to be deleted.
: When RIOTs rework Karma and Zyra? ;(
Zyra doesn't need rework just her nerfs reverted.
jantrance (EUW)
: Fiora's W Riposte
It is that for balance reasons.
AkaAkuma (EUW)
: Skin suggestions for Anivia and Zac
Take fire anivia, she's a phoenix for god's sake!
Katfyr (EUW)
: RIOTer said that Harrowing event can be anytime of the year...
Go be RIOT cocksuckers as they shit on you and waste your money for free2play game, losers :D I just laugh at you!
EmEx (EUW)
: yes they said something about more choices but it actually gives you less choices, also these new masteries are lacking for more reason than this: -The Offense Tree is stronger than the other 2 trees -the new masteries are clearly made to favour ad champs over ap champs -no extra gold for supports in the new masteries
> [{quoted}](name=EmEx,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=irK4fAjX,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2015-11-01T20:16:15.317+0000) > > yes they said something about more choices but it actually gives you less choices, > also these new masteries are lacking for more reason than this: > -The Offense Tree is stronger than the other 2 trees > -the new masteries are clearly made to favour ad champs over ap champs > -no extra gold for supports in the new masteries This is pure misinformation. You haven't even played yet to decide which tree is "stronger" AP champions got plenty of tools in the new trees Bandit mastery is the support gold income
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Katfyr (EUW)
: Were not Spirit Fire Brand and Demon Vi considered as "Halloween skins"?
Oh, if the new skins are already announced, then it only means their release is delayed - remember, community, when you say that a company should rather release something later but good instead of rush and release glitched? I highly doubt that they will simply scrap them. As for the old skins, RIOT has no **obligation** to make them available each year, they may but they may not.. this artificial scarcity also increases the perceived worth of those skins to those people who already have them, instead of now letting everyone have them too.
Lupxel (EUW)
: As a Mana Potion Main
I say mana potions were just a waste of gold, better invest in mana regen items, like Chalice components, which is a permanent boost for the game instead of a one-time consumable, the only exception were lvl 1 spawn first items, but the new masteries seem to cover quite much natural mana regen anyway, and as for mages, Doran's Ring mana regen now scales with levels.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Hi guys I wanna reach gold.
Good luck, in S3 I was "stuck" in silver and highest I got to was promo to G5 and I lost it like, I'm not kidding - about 9 times in a row, then I dropped to S2 and S3 and after a while got to S1 again... I was not "stuck" - I simply belonged in silver. Then I started playing more of early snowballers, gank-heavy junglers, did some major tryharding, made some "trollish", out-of-meta high damage builds - like Atma's Triforce tanky crit fighter - then Atma's was still there and... the next time I got to GV promos, after the 3rd time I won them and got to Gold, basically, those were very close games and I was the most fed player, that is the nature of RIOT's system - it forces you to carry crap players to get promoted.
Pyah (EUW)
: Is Aatrox still any good? Or worth playing in ranked? Or even carry? :)
Contrary to popular opinion - Aatrox is a late-game champion, not an early bully - he got free 90% AS, making heavy AD build with low-medium health and high resistances very effective once he gets items however, he got very low base stats and often you will sustain less compared to the harass you will take. He also is objectively UP - he got 50% winrate and low popularity - played mostly by mains, which is bad. Compare it to champions with over 50% win and high popularity - which are effective even when picked up casually without too much thought how to play them, build them, etc. think about it. Also note that you will never buy Titanic Hydra on him, because heavy health builds punish him, making him to lose a lot of health when using abilities and being unable to sustain it back. Your typical gameplay is diving the enemy backline and go nuclear, once you get the high priority targets down, drain-tank the rest of their team and spam your CC as often as it goes off cooldown. When you get your items, generally you should be able to stand your ground against most of enemies because of your massive sustain, he also is essentially immune to damage-over-time, also don't worry about being kited too much because your gap-closer, ranged slow and even increased attack range enable you to attack conveniently in most of situations. Watch out of interrupts, they can cancel your Dark Flight. Also Grievous Wounds are the best counter in this situation and now every mage gets it. Penetration and unleashing heavy burst once he is low also are very effective against him. The idea is putting pressure on high priority targets and not allowing them the freedom to harass you first, if you manage to do that, you will win.
Bombardox (EUW)
: How to deal against kalista ??
darios player complains :DDD that's a new low
: Hi guys I wanna reach gold.
You get to Gold by last-hitting, warding, PLAYING ONLY THOSE CHAMPIONS YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH - this is the most important thing, forget all guides, other advices and so on, if you play champions which are only said to be "OP" but if you think they are not your style, clunky or awkward, you will suck - you WILL suck! Because the most important thing is to stomp your enemy - early game runes / masteries, and a fitting champion is what you need, the rest is your skill, your mechanical ability, which can be improved only by practice, if you don't have that yet, nothing will help, you just have to get better. The last point is - get towers down. Don't recall after pushing, seriously...... get these bastard towers down, raze the enemy jungle empty, last-hitting, lane-freezing farming is ONLY early game, it got NO place when your Ults get up and ganks and fights get rollling - stomp the enemy and take their towers. Also NEVER do Dragon if you have no vision of it and around it and you don't know where enemies are. That's about it. If you do all of these things, if you get mechanical skill, the rest is only playing enough games, give it time. Also you WILL have trolls, AFKs, ragers and all of that.. you will have them. There is no way around. Enemy will have them too. So the key to rise in rating is playing larger number of games where the only common element is YOU, and if you deserve to rise, you will - just like every high elo player gets their smurfs up consistently - "luck" is a factor of only one game, skill is a factor of many games in a longer run.
: Gold division so fun to play.
The division from which you can't carry yourself out of is the division in which you belong - this is the TRUTH - take the red pill! You don't deserve to be higher than gold, of course, unless, you will improve yourself and put that in action. Some people belong in bronze, and cry they can't carry themselves out of it, but sometimes watch their plays and have a good laugh :D some deserve silver, some deserve gold, some deserve higher. Let's say - your "true" division, which you THINK you "deserve" is, let's say Diamond, or Platinum..... do you honestly think that a genuine Diamond or Platinum player couldn't beat gold players? :DDD Really? You even mentioned CHALLENGER......... who couldn't carry Gold games............... You're fucked up, I'm out! :DDD
: AFKers should have a bit harsher punishments.(Read pls)
We need vote-system to get loss forgiven - enemy team will vote. For those who say it can be "abused" - if you are losing - no enemy will accept such vote, while if you DO have an AFK in a team, the vote will get through, as they do know what it is like having it in a team. For those who say, planning who will go AFK if things go bad to get loss forgiven - let's say - instant 2-day ban for all games, including normals and custom if the ranked AFKer gets punished by vote is sensible - remember that only those who actually are inactive would be eligible to be voted against - however, the DUO buddy if the vote gets through WILL get the same punishment as well. Simple solution. Now, where the hell is RIOT?! Also let's say, if you have too bad latency, the client won't even allow you to join ranked queue but will allow normal. It makes perfect sense - ranked is serious play to win, but in this state solo queue looks like a second "normal", so bad connection honestly is not a goddamn excuse - there is normal queue for a reason.
: Spellvamp Quints
I highly recommend to put runes only for the early-game advantage, because once you get items, you honestly won't feel any difference your runes and most of masteries are making - their point is to get you powerful already in the early game - there always is early game but not always late-game - even late-game scaler needs early runes to minimize chances of you feeding early, to survive and get that farm. Spellvamp quints are.. definitely not early game - you won't even have that much AP early to get the most of them and you do lose a lot of early AP by taking them. Considering gold value of runes / items / stats, if you want sustain, better buy flask at some point, which costs about the same, doesn't ruin your early game and makes real use of your item slots, while a lot of them early-mid game are empty.
: Diversity in the ADC role
Jinx is free food for assassins and unlike other immobile ADCs, her utility and teamfighting power in mid-late is not that good - the reason why she was made in the first place was to exacerbate the power of heavy CC-supports during laning, by putting those chompers under, and also pigeonholing her zap to be used only during that time, because something so narrow and single-target is the best used only then - that's what she is about - getting those, who are locked, to be locked even harder. Is she overpicked? Of course. But is she OP? Not really.
Elkzahr (EUW)
: Garen's ult is a joke
Bani him? Before the update his ult was considered to be one of the worst in the game - it's all about numbers. Maw of Malmortius was the perfect counter item to that, but changing damage type now works only if he is stupid enough to use it on someone who is not a villain. I still rather fight garen instead of darius, because he can use his ult only once and he is way more easy to be kited - throw slows and all kinds of CC on him while he is running to you, also a lot of people have forgotten that Liandry's and BOTRK exist - if they build a lot of health and AD, it means they have little to no resistances, thus you can literally chunk away tons of their health without any heavy burst while kiting them.
Katfyr (EUW)
: You are a great support and now your ADC thinks he's invincible
I think a lot of this would be fixed if Bloodthirster rush would be the new META instead of IF - I still rush it first when I play ADC because the dueling power and almost no downtime is too good to ignore, especially when you need to push and get towers down, IE I think is the best as the third item, not the first - ADCs which I have carried in laning as support and which did rush BT, I have witnessed them pretty much soloing and getting 2nd tier bot tower, while I meanwhile, let's say, helped mid. Getting Teleport on support would be kind of ridiculous, but Shen support actually was picked in this LCS and did very good, who knows... I think the new Soraka would be perfect for this kind of problem - just again, she is not the best to actually win in the laning phase. I say, boots of mobility need its nerf reverted and this problem is fixed.
Lady Thai (EUW)
: This game is too much LUCK BASED
I don't know, in S3 after being inactive for a while I slipped to bronze and honestly - I got out of it at the first try, first promo, it was just so easy, easier than normals.. you can carry it with anything because players are so bad there. I did however struggle a lot in silver and only by some major tryharding, theorycrafting, getting more champions and also taking lead - a.ka. flaming - yes, it actually helped to win, I managed to reach gold. There also is a reason why high elo get smurfs up consistently.. they can't be lucky all the time, everyone of them. Think about it.
: But that 6 is just each target hit... that becomes 30-60 from just using the Q through the minion wave...
> [{quoted}](name=swampert919,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=H99TbLpB,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2015-10-23T17:32:53.570+0000) > > But that 6 is just each target hit... that becomes 30-60 from just using the Q through the minion wave... Now your lane is pushed and you are out of mana, good luck! Peace out, META sheeps, enjoy your trash champion!
: what's up with kassadin
Kassadin is trash - I made a discussion about it, of course people think that he is "playable" but let's be real - AD mids destroy him by default and even AP mids beat him by simple number advantage, sure he can blob more late-game but then it doesn't really matter anymore - not worth having so bad early game and like no impact, no kill potential.
Katfyr (EUW)
: Ahri gains 6 HP from her passive at lvl 2 after spending 195 mana which is ~50% of her manapool
Is this the best you got? You are a META sucker who can't judge even real numbers, when she will fall out of FOTM you and nobody else will pick her either, I remember once she was considered "trash tier" and got to "god tier" with more nerfs than compensation buffs - you sheep are pathetic!
: So winning the poke war by default during the lane phase is a shit-tier passive? 'Aaight. Peace, I'm out.
> [{quoted}](name=Wendigö,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=H99TbLpB,comment-id=00000000000000000001,timestamp=2015-10-23T17:16:56.071+0000) > > So winning the poke war by default during the lane phase is a shit-tier passive? > 'Aaight. > > Peace, I'm out. I'm taking Lux and absorbing WAY more than your puny heal and burst harder than you, most of times even outranging you in the first place - what did you say about "win poke war by default"?! I can't hear you by the sound of you giving FB!
Show more

Katfyr

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion