: > I tried 10 times already on EUW and NA boards since S3. Have you tried going to a meddler gameplay post... that’s where these questions get answered so keep an eye for the next one and ask there (that way meddler, aka the guy in charge, get a notification for your question) > Of course I have way more intelligent questions to ask but considering that I never recived an aswer in so many years to my detailed questions, at this point I just wanna know if RIOT knows that Shen exists. This would be enough for me. If you ask stupid questions like that then of course you aren’t going to be answered, there’s no point in answering that and you get nothing out of it. When you go to the meddler gameplay post maybe ask something along the lines of “what’s your opinion of the state Shen is in”, or “do you have any plans for Shen at the moment”... riot are planning to target tanks who get skewed by pro play it’s a good time to ask. But how you ask is a big factor of if you will be answered... ask like this and you’ve got no hope. > And all this just because this season he has been picked like less than 10 times in LCS and he was just decent. His win rate was like 50% Actually he was near pick or ban in the LCK... you can’t just look at LCS for statistics. > Meanwhile Camille... perma picked or banned with an incredible 74% win rate at some point. I really don't get why Shen is nerfed and Camille is perfectly fine. Cause only jungle Camille was an issue, top lane Camille (which was their priority as she’s meant to be in the top lane) already got nerfed out... that’s why, it’s harder to only nerf one play style. > Why is RIOT punishing Shen so harshly while being so lovely and forgiving towards Camille, Yasuo, Zoe and stuff like that? Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for nerfs of other champions. Camille, Yasuo and Zoe are fine for me but damn, the nerfs on Shen are laughable. Camille gets plenty of nerfs, yasuo hasn’t been an issue really people just throw stuff into his wind wall and cry about it, and Zoe got nerfed to oblivion. So they aren’t kind to all of them. And Shen causes plenty of issues in pro play... his presence can severely stagnate coordinated play by punishing proactive play (all fights can result in a numbers advantage)... as a champion designed for pro play riot are going to have the priority of using pro play data to balamce him not solo Q where his issues is that without coordination he doesn’t have much of an ult... Like I said before... you either put up with Shen being a champion designed and balanced for pro play or outright loose everything that makes Shen who he is in a rework... either way you ain’t gonna be happy.
Like I have already said, I tried to ask very detailed questions about Shen for **YEARS** and during all these years I wasn't the only. No one single answer from RIOT. Nothing at all. On a monthly basis I search on boards for threads about Shen to see if RIOT have the decency to respond or at least post to say "Hi". No luck. It's frustrating seeing them answering millions of times to threads about main-stream champions. I've seen them mentioning Shen **TWO** times on Reddit after the rework. Of course they said nothing important. Basically they just wrote his name. As for the rest I don't know what's the difference between LCS and LCK. I don't give a damn about pro-play and I don't see statistics. It's just that one beatuiful I was reading patch notes and I saw that there was something for Shen and I said "Oh, finally a buff! Someone noticed it" but nope! It was a damned nerf because of pro-players. Then I went to see what the heck Shen was achieving in pro-play. I was expecing to see him performing well but he was nothing special with a vanilla 50% win rate. In the same time I saw Camille with a massive 74% win rate... Shen nerfed. Camille is fine. **Okay! It makes a lof of sense when you are drunk!** In conclusion seeing my out of meta and weak champion that really deserves a buff ignored for 5 years (expect for a stupid rework and an useless skin) is frustrating. The fact that they don't talk about him or provide answers is even more tilting. But the worst thing is when you see him mentioned just when he's nerfed for stupid and unnecessary reasons due to the simple fact that he has been picked more than 4 times by pro-players (0.01% of player base). The same players who performs just average with him and that don't even like this champion.
: You are one masochistic person, i have to say that tbh.
: You are in the wrong place... the rioters on EU aren’t the ones balancing the game... you’d best go to NA or go wait for the next meddler gameplay update post to ask the question You might also want to flesh the question out a bit, that doesn’t help anybody and riot is indeed aware of his issues but not much can be done. Thirdly you don’t need to have that much mastery points to ask the question you can just go to a meddler post and ask and he will likely answer. And finally their hands are tied here. A champion should be balanced based on their strenghs, riot shouldn’t balance around a champion being used incorrectly... instead riot should always look to where the champion is strongest and balance around that... typically high elo or pro play. Shen is one of a group of champions who is designed to assist teammates, to that end he should be balanced where he is in his element not when he is out of it... which is what riot have done. Yeah I know this sucks but that’s the reality of it... there’s a group of champions who are pretty much designed for pro play not solo Q... riot aren’t going to mess up pro play to get these champions strong in solo Q because riot made them for pro players... Shen is one of these champions, riot would have to rework him to the point where he no longer is recognisable for him to be balanced for solo Q... aka he’d have to loose his ult.
I tried 10 times already on EUW and NA boards since S3. [This was my last attempt](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/champions-gameplay-en/hbt7he4U-shen-5th-attempt-in-2-years). Of course I have way more intelligent questions to ask but considering that I never recived an aswer in so many years to my detailed questions, at this point I just wanna know if RIOT knows that Shen exists. This would be enough for me. -------------------------- If you want me to be more specific, I started to play Shen when I downloaded this game in S3. Since then, also considering the rework, we had **2 bland buffs in 7 years** (not worth to mention... pure garbage) and tens of direct and indirect nerfs. If we consider this season we had 4 * TP (must-have as top) CD increased * Damage lowered. Yeah, the problem of this game was Shen damage * We can no longer lasthit since Q bonus no longer works on minions like if farming with Shen wasn't already frustrating: easily zoned, slow attack speed, low dmg, no spells to use against CS, single target, melee, snail at pushing and getting turrets mainly with hardcore matchups * New rune system... ADAPTIVE BONUSES... I want AP not AD!!! Let me choose And all this just because this season he has been picked like less than 10 times in LCS and he was just decent. His win rate was like 50%. Meanwhile Camille... perma picked or banned with an incredible 74% win rate at some point. I really don't get why Shen is nerfed and Camille is perfectly fine. Now repeat this process for 7 years. Suffering and accepting nonsensical nerfs on a yearly basis just because ONE DAY a pro-player picks Shen and wins is stupid. Why is RIOT punishing Shen so harshly while being so lovely and forgiving towards Camille, Yasuo, Zoe and stuff like that? Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for nerfs of other champions. Camille, Yasuo and Zoe are fine for me but damn, the nerfs on Shen are laughable.
Faebii (EUW)
: > and I have 500k points on 2 smurf accounts Wtf 2 Shen?!
fixed: ~~500k~~ 576k I told you... It's sad
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > In the meantime enemy team is FULL PLATINUM while we are FULL SILVER just because I'm Diamond. What a damn beautiful experience! So you think that you should be put vs 5 silvers? Cause that’s also just as unfair. We have been told multiple times about how the matchmaking work and specifically this interaction with queuing up with different ranks... you’ve done this fully knowing you’d be vs full plats. The alternative is not letting you queue with your friends in general. It’s not going to be fair... if you get paired with people your level your teammates will struggle, if you pair with people their level then your just going to carry... neither one is fair, it’s why ranked doesn’t let you do this but clash does just so that you can queue with friends. ___ You knew full well this would happen, and you knew it wouldn’t be fair for someone by doing this... and yet you did it anyway... so you can’t really complain.
I'm not complaining. I'm sharing my feedback that of course is negative. I do know how matchmaking works in Flex/soloQ but don't forget that there are limitations there! A diamond can't play with silvers and golds since it would be unfair. In Clash this is possible in worst way. 1 dia & 4 silvers vs 5 plats is not damn balanced! You can't sum the MMR like you do in normal games. Anyway Clash for sure is better than nothing but for me is a big no. It doesn't meet my requirements. I wanted a team-based queue like the one we had 2 years ago since Flex is not the same as playing in team. Having unbalanced games is okay for me even though my team mates cry but 5 bans just to address ME as a single player is a stupid concept. Clash is basically kicking out mains, OTPs and high-ELO players from mixed-ELO teams.
Mοca (EUNE)
: To be fair it makes a lot of sense as for why they did it. You were the scariest enemy out of 5 and there is quite a gap between diamond and silver. If you were in the same situation you would probably do the same thing in order to win. And as for the matchups, it makes sense why a very high elo player can't just stomp silvers/golds, they even made the sms system to deny smurfing.
Since I was Diamond I was already forcing my team mates into matches against enemies that they cannot handle. My silver bot lane against a platinum one (outfarmed, zoned, outdamaged), my silver top against platinum (2 turrets down before minute 10), mid laner dealing less damage than enemy support. The only reason we've been matched in such an unbalanced game was my ELO but for Clash this sort of "punishment" is not enough! I also have to accept 5 bans just for me. I ask myself a question. What the hell is the point of forming mixed-ELO teams? To increase difficulty for low-ELO team mates and enjoy the ban of your champion pool? Of course I will not play Clash anymore.
: The mode is designed to emulate pro play tournaments... one of the rules of pro play is that you’ve gotta let everyone know all of your accounts so that coaches can look at your champion pool and talor bans accordingly. You should have a champion pool big enough for the off chance regardless... at least some fall back champions... and by doing this they let your team pick whatever they want. And of course matchmaking does it like this... if it didn’t you’d carry way too easily.
Enemy team sees 5 players and 25 champions mastered by each of them. Here comes the ban time. * 1st ban? My pick * 2nd ban? My pick * 3rd ban? My pick * 4th ban? My pick * 5th ban? My pick In the meantime enemy team is FULL PLATINUM while we are FULL SILVER just because I'm Diamond. What a damn beautiful experience! It's not about playing more champs. The point is that mixed-ELO teams can't work because of this shit. The system encourages Plats to go with Plats, Silvers with Silvers etc. I really don't get how it is supposed to work and be balanced. Seriously, with my Diamond I force my low-ELO team mates into matches against high-ELO enemies that they cannot handle. As if it wasn't enough I can't even carry because all bans are just for me. **In conclusion the question is: for what damn reason an high-ELO player should join in teams with lower ELO? For the love of playing unbalanced matches and be bullied with 5 bans?**
SuccPapí (EUW)
: i meen, clash i a highly competetive mode, of course people will man what you are best at. you can maybe widen your champion pool?
There are **FIVE** players in my team. How is that just one (ME) have to see all his champions banned? This system allows mixed-ELO teams therefore as a Diamond player I decided to play with my low ELO friends. I punished myself already but obviously this is not enough! FIVE bans just for me. It makes no sense.
Rioter Comments
Smerk (EUW)
: It's still the same, you can check after every game how much did you get.
Thanks. Okay then it was just a feeling... Sigh :-( so boring
Rioter Comments
Smerk (EUW)
: that thing is automatic, based on what players picked recently, Riot don't have any vote in that. Also tip: you can add any champion to any role manually as a favorite and it will stay there for as long as you want
Hansiman (EUW)
: In champion select? That's automatically based on champs that were recently popular in that role.
I don't want that to happen. I don't want to sound rude but I don't give a damn about champ popularity in that role. I main him as support. What others play doesn't interest me. Anyway I got it. I can't change it.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Arnoter (EUW)
: >To me league seems to be having a difficult year, on the player side and at riots end. No, the Game is fine, its the players that complain about everything. And if enough people say the same thing, people like you start to believe it and repeat it too, for other people to believe.
That's why me and my premade group of friends (12 people) quit this game. There's only one of us that is still playing like nothing happened and he's the stupidest one (perma bronze-5 that doesn't even know what "meta" and "patch notes" are). We all quit for the same reason. Disgusting gaming experience with the same few champions and mechanics to abuse in order to win. From time to time I re-open my client and my friend list seems like a desert. All disconnected. Before these disgusting changes I had to scroll multiple times to see the first buddy offline. Now there are 3/5 people playing and nothing more. I'm not sayin that this game is dying but for sure from my point of view I can see that someting changed.
Kian987 (EUW)
: Shen (5th attempt in 2 years)
**SHEN HAS BEEN... NERFED!** I can belive was I am seeing on PBE! What the actual %%%%? > (Q) Spirit Blade collision slow changed from 35% at all ranks to [15/20/25/30/35%] **REALLY!?**
Rioter Comments
Kian987 (EUW)
Playing Shen these days is like eating sand paper. Delete Shen from the game.
Burn for me (EUNE)
: what a dumb reply
Coraanu (EUNE)
: Adapt.
Adapt to what? There are 150+ champion and a countless number of items but the only things that work are the same 20 champions played in the same way with the same items. Anyway I agree with you. Adapt? Sure, I quitted this game almost 2 months ago. I just come back to play few games after patchs to see if the game still sucks and if it's still not fun to play and well... it still is so yeah, I'm adapting to do something else with my time.
Kian987 (EUW)
LuL... Just played few games to see if something changed in this patch and all I see is that this game is now an enormous pile of smelly shit. At this point my whole thread about Shen is not even relevant. The entire game is so disgusting. Of course Shen as always confirms himself as the the king of the shit. See you next patch... maybe... this game and RIOT lost all my respect. As I have already said in other threads we were a group of 12 premades playing this game since S3/S4. Only one of us keeps playing normally like if nothing changed and he's the only one in bronze ELO so probably he still needs 2 years to get realize how disgusting this game is. I play only 1 or 2 days after patch to see if there are good changes. All my other friends quitted or are playing discontinuously and rarely. WELL FU*KING PLAYED RIOT
: To the Toxic Chat Trolls. Here are some facts to consider.
I'll surely get tons of downvotes but I hate this political correctness. We live in an era where you can no longer talk freely as you wish. It's like freedom of speech is becoming an optional. You have to double and triple check every single word you say because hey someone on Mars coud be offended by your words. And I see it happening everywhere not only on the internet and I think that it just sucks. For example I love when people use the technique of argument to absurdity. I use it myself. It's fascinating, it captures the attention and keeps the discussion fresh. When I see someone using it on TV politically correct people get immediately triggered. They must repeat their usual trigger warnings and make the debate flat and bland. Then a guy commits a suicide because someone said him "Stupid" in a game and it's our fault. Nope! It's fault of society? Nope! It's fault of their stupid parents and himself. If i hang myself the responsible is not the hardware store that sold me the rope. I hate this tendency of shift responsibility to third-party entities. No offense but this political correctness is turning so many people into pussies. Millennials are not even able to pee without using smartphones. Probably they'll explode if you call them stupid. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a bit off-topic but I think it represent very good what we're becoming. This happened to me during the last 2 years: * I came back home from a party. One of my neighbour was dying (she's an old lady). I didn't even know her name but it was night and silent so it was pretty easy to hear her screaming. I called the ambulance and she's fine now. Next morning I found out that the tend topic in my apartment building was her. They were all listening but no one called the ambulance * Last year one guy at 5 AM was punching his girlfriend. It was summer and I was sleeping with my window open so I woke up and I immediately went out to stop this idiot. There were tens of people watching from their balconies taking pictures. No one called the police. I had to call them myself -.-" * Yesterday I was running. At KM 15 I noticed a dozen of people taking pictures of an huge pipe releasing tons of wather everywhere. The area was flooding. One old man said "Why nobody is coming to fix this? It's 10 minutes that it's going like this" I stop and asked "Any of you called fire brigades?". No answer. Most of them were taking pictures and recording videos. I had to call them. Same exact thing happened last year with a dumpster on fire. Tens of people recording videos. No one called fire brigades I could be wrong but I think that PC plays a role in producing this kind of spineless people. It seems that I'm the only one who is capable of using emergecny numbers.
Lunsj (EUW)
: Change is good!
I said it already in more than 3 threads. At the moment I: * Finished Z a game from 1996 * Play Populous: The Beginning a game from 1998 * Read tons of books * Run 80 km per week instead of 40 Of course I no longer play LoL since it has become a disgusting game. I loved it since season 3 but it no longer deserves my time and patience. I don't even care about inactivity. Probably in this precise moment I'm already dropped from diamond. Who cares.
radetari (EUNE)
: This game is trash now and I don't wanna play Fortnite! Any suggestions?
I said it already in other threads. If you like super-retro-gaming you can play * Z - The bitmap brothers - Released in 1996 but sadly I have already finished it in 1 week * Populous The beginning - Released in 1998. It's awesome! Now I'm playing it
: I tested Riots ban system: HOW TO GET BANNED WITHOUT ANY FLAME
I just want to say that I find it disgusting. Wp Matuš. Thank you for your effort.
: Stop complaining about aatrox rework ffs appreciate what riot is doing for once
I appreciated what RIOT is doing... by leaving this game :-D
Rioter Comments
: There is too many variables, my post would've been too long and that wasn't the point of my post, it's not about ranting on and on why league is bad and why I've left, it's literally just about saying good bye. But if I have to give a reason why; it is because of my personality. That is what I believe is at the core of my decision. I don't like change. When I was young my parents traded our Opel at the dealership and bought a new Nissan. I hated the Nissan. I refused to drive in it with them, and I hated my parents for selling the Opel. I've grown up a bit now, but I still miss that Opel, thinking off tracing the car and buying it from who ever is owning it now and fixing it up, but that's where it stays, in my thoughts. So the comparison I'm trying to make is, playing League was like driving that old Opel with my dad, sure the electric windows wasn't working and it had it's flaws, but it was fun and it made me happy. League today is like the Nissan, is it a better car (game)? Yes, definitely, but it's just. not. the. same. I don't get the same feeling from it, if it makes any sense. So yeah, it's been coming for a long time now and today, after 2 months not playing, I got triggered by the client not working properly, so I just decided f this and made the call.
I don't like changes too. I don't think that it's a problem. I'll never bend and adapt to new shitty and main stream stuff just because they've been imposed and there are no alternavies. The world must change. I'll never do. Same goes for LoL. This game is changing too much and badly. It can be still fun to play for teenagers but not for me therefore I've stopped playing it. I come back to play 1 game every week. If the game still sucks then I extend my "ban" to another week and so on. As soon as I get rich enough I'll buy this entire company (RIOT) just to shut down all servers. My next target is Apple. Wait for me.
Kian987 (EUW)
From now on I'll keep posting replies in my own thread juts to add something more. It shouldn't be a problem since RIOT will never read a single line of my message also because they don't give a damn about Shen. I left the game for a week. Right now I finished 2 normals I played just to remember to myself why I left the game. The usual shit happened in both games. Unskilled Yasuo and Master Yi in enemy team carried the game melting my team mates full HP plus my ultimate. My fed Jax was full HP + my R against a so and so Yi. He died in 2 autos. TWO. How powerful is my ultimate? What about my ADC oneshotted by Akali that totally ignores my shield? What about the stupid Yasuo feeding and playing like an idiot that is still capable of easily split and take all turrets and inhibitors? Oh and the Rakan support? I taunt him and his ADC using all my spells properly followed by my ADC and in the end I am the one who die in milliseconds while Rakan jumps, shileds, and heals everywhere like a beast with no cool down. Cool down uh? Rakan probably doesn't even know what is cool down. Okay it's time to increase my ban for this game. Last time I decided to stop playing for 1 week. The game still sucks and gives me SHI-TTY hours therefore I'll stop playing for 2 weeks. If the game still sucks when I come back I'll go for 3 weeks ban and so on. Honestly I can live without this game especially because all my premade friends are no longer playing due to recent disgusting changes. I am a simple man. Playing this game in its current state makes me furious. Doing something else is way better than this. I can sleep more and have more time to read books. Keep it up RIOT! You're losing me and I kinda like it. I don't know how to explain it but this season is so disgusting that I would trade it for the season of Devourer with the old Shen and map.
Kian987 (EUW)
**Little update.** I still can't receive an answer from RIOT or find a statement on Shen status. I even posted the same thread on [**NA board**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/528UFLaR-shen-6th-attempt-in-2-years) with no success. In addition to this the game for me is a dead body. I've stopped playing it. This is the 2nd time I leave this game indefinitely. The game is utterly unbalanced. RIOT have stopped listening to players long time ago. For every good change they make they introduce 3 new unbalanced things. This game no longer deserves my patience. The funny thing is that I replaced LoL with a game of 1996 that I used to play when I was a kid. It's [**Z (Bitmap Brothers)**](https://www.google.it/search?q=z+bitmap+brothers+download&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiigsWWmMXbAhVIfywKHRQGAocQ_AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=923). I can't belive that LoL has been outclassed by a game of 1996!
: Incomming Support item nerfs
Welcome to my world. As a Shen main it's 2 years that I have to suffer neverending indirect nerfs because the items/runes I **USE** are **ABUSED** by other champions. Sun fire cape, the only item I have to push as a Shen (and I am still slow!) more than 2 years ago started to be abused by Tryndamere players. Tryndamere already is a pushing machine. If you add sun fire cape guess what happens... Solution? RIOT nerfed the item. Tryndamere is back to his normal state while Shen from this story gains a beautiful indirect nerf. The story always repeats. Do you remember the era of Devourer in jungle? Yi and Syvana have been allowed to abuse it for an entire season. When I was jungling with other champions I was simply using this item and not abusing it. In the end they removed it from the game. More than 4 years ago there was an item named Atma Impaler. It gave you AD based on how much HP you had. It was the only option for a Shen player to get something out of his HP bar in late game and the bonus was not even so big. Guess what? Other champions started to abuse it and the item has been removed. As a tanlky support I was always rushing Locket of Solari in order to provide shields to my allies. For the same reason I was also using Relic Shield to shield a specific ally. It was just ok. Then both items started to be abused to junglers and top laners. The first has been nerfed and the second removed from the game. Same story for Banner of command. An item for supports abused by mid laners. Nerfed.
cssghost (EUNE)
: It's not true at all. This guy just don't wanna adapt. He hit sweet spot of... i don't know, some high elo, and than complain that more and more ppl was hitting that elo. If you wanna stay in that elo, you got to adapt to anything that appear... Riot is gonna launch ranks for each role (THIS is really bad idea) and this guy complaining about meta? And builds, and champion counters? RLY?
You say "adapt". Okay, maybe I sould adapt to playing the same 20 champions with the same builds. I have to stop maining out-of-meta champions, trying new builds and strategies. What this guy says in the video it's pretty much what me and my friends are thinking about this game from more than 2 years. There are too many champions, too many escapes, mindfu*k abilities and items. Sadly this story repeats on every game and sport. Look at football. It was a lot more funny to watch when all players were less "PRO" but now it's all about strategy. WIth time matches are becoming slightly boring. Look at Call od Duty 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Lineage 2. They were fun to play! Look at them now... tons of mechanics, best graphics, tools, items, perks, statistics involved. Not so funny. I stopped playing these games because they TILT me. League of Legends is tiling me too since 2 years for similar reasons. And what I hate most is all the consumerism behind games. The need to release a new champions or videogame of the series (Call of Duty 2, 4, 5, 6, 35, 58, 97) to increase sales. Okay I do understand that making money is crucial for games to become better and better but we're exaggerating. They should start slowing down before people start to get bored. I have a job. When I go back home first I want to have fun AND secondly win the game. I can't read all these changes, patch notes, new champions released. Come on! It's a GAME not my job!
Rioter Comments
: 140 CHAMPIONS in League , BUT ...
This is League of Boredom. The game where every season is about playing the same 20 champions. Trying something different is not rewarding and gives you HORRIBLE experience. I mean just look at... {{champion:420}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:40}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:141}} I stop here. Disgusting.
: What happen to all Rumble players?
Easy answer. RIOT wants us to play the same 20 champions here is why they don't give a damn about balancing the game... because nerfing Janna by 5 movement speed is not a nerf but a troll. So don't be surprised if every single game you have the same top laners, mid laners, bot lane and junglers. This is just League of meta sheep where trying something different doesn't pay.
: I miss old shen , shen need buffs.. :(
Shen is a big pile of smelly stuff. I can't belive that after 5 years of this game today I started to randomly leave my mouse and keyboard refusing to play during team fights and laning phase. Most of the times I even avoid using ultimate because I already know that my shiled will be destroyed in milliseconds or I will teleport for nothing because of a %%%%ing flash, dash, plant, lantern, revive, lulu that presses R, soraka that heals my target, jumps, slows or any other free/low cd escape this game offer while I have to stand with 2 spells that have 36 seconds of CD combined. Meanwhile my turret is already down and my opponent is free pushing, farming and outleveling me. But wait for me! I'll push his 1st tier turret around minute 50! Basically yeah, I think that it's intentional feeding. I never did it in my life but after 2 years of non-stop nerfs while this game gets more and more about OP champs that pulverise my shitty ultimate and turret, after trying hundreds of builds and bla bla bla I full of this. This is what I think about [**Shen «The eye of boredom»**](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/champions-gameplay-en/hbt7he4U-shen-5th-attempt-in-2-years). Regards, A stupid main with 2 millions mastery point on this clunky ninja in diamon ELO but that in reality would love to move in bronze so that he can finally have a balanced laning phase agains a low skill player that is still unable to abuse of Lulu, Kayn, Soraka, Janna, Brand bla bla bla.
: Shen has some problems that is for sure. One of them is the energy not regenerating fast enough. But i still play him cause i like the champion alot and main him. I believe changes are coming soon for him ;)
Yes, energy could be a problem but who cares about energy when you have this: * W 18 seconds CD * E 18 seconds CD * R 200 seconds CD RIOT could nerf my energy bar by 20% and it wouldn't make a lot of difference since Shen is the champion with the longest cool downs of the entire game.
VexLuna (EUW)
: Discussion on potential changes to Shen
> Any other suggestions? :) Stop playing him. Don't get 2 millions mastery points like I did on this crappy ninja and most important keep in mind that RIOT don't give a damn about him. We got 2 years of never ending nerfs. Here is my last attemp to talk about this pointless champion: [**Shen (5th attempt in 2 years)**](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/champions-gameplay-en/hbt7he4U-shen-5th-attempt-in-2-years). In two years I got hundreds of upvotes and a beatiful NOTHING. Same story reapeats on every discussion I read about Shen. Many good words and ideas for NOTHING. Better nerf Janna by 5 movement speed and troll people.
Rioter Comments
: Do anyone think their is a problem with brand damage vs the amount of mr you have
During the last 2.5 years every 6 months or so I open a thread where I ask to nerf Brand, Janna, Soraka. This is a disgusting game. Janna has a solid super-high win rate in all ELOs from years but still no %%%%ing nerf. Same goes for the other idiotic champs I named above. Soraka that makes the entire game BORING since she can negate all trades in milliseconds so that you end up sleeping in lane just watching CS dying. Waoh! What a funny game. Then we have Brand, the support that ends all games with top damage... as support. There's nothing more to say.
: > Q scales with AP. Shen can't buy AP. 2% of 0 AP is zero It’s % damage... it doesn’t need to scale because it’s already going to scale as the enemies get levels and items... and every tank has ap scalings, very few have health or resistance scalings on their main damage ability > W. Just nothing. Protects me 1.75s every 18s only against autos (1 hit). Woah You realise 1.75 seconds is a lot... that’s going to be anywhere between 4-25 auto attacks depending on how many champions are hitting you. And against an adc, that’s at least 4 attacks (usually over 2 attacks a second) dealing 1000 damage... you’ve just blocked 4000 damage for anyone on your team. > E. It would be great if only the game was not full of Ussain Bolts, Neo of Matrix, clones, invisibile units, flashes, plants, speed boosts, jumps, slows, knock backs. Really, it feels stupid. Example: you E a Tristana and she keps jumping away or she uses F or heal or R or her %%%%ing support comes or jungler or mid roaming or a damned plant! Oh no an ability has counter play like every single ability in the game... yes you can dodge it you could say this about most abilities in this game... the reason it’s called a skill shot is because you can’t just throw it out randomly and expect it to work. Shen even has a better time than most, he can combine it with flash to adjust his course. > R. The «game changing ultimate» that most of times doesn't change anything. Janna can provide bigger shields faster spamming them non-stop. I would love to see my R to be completed before my target instantly dies to any of the high DPS champions we have in this game. I don't know... we have Taric that makes anyone invincible, same Kindred, Lulu instantly saves anyone, Tham eats and saves people, Tryndamere becomes unkillable by pressing a button and then we have Shen. Condemned to lose lane passivelly, lose turrets and miss CS in order to R somewhere in the map every 200 seconds (Woah!) and I can't even make my ally unkillable! Anyone can make it but not Shen Have you considered that your not using it for the shield... it’s a global teleport to any ally you want... it’s stronger than summoner teleport and on a shorter cooldown, and it has a shield. That’s why it’s game changing... the shield is nice but it’s because litterally every single fight can suddenly get turned against you because shen can turn up... That’s why he gets nerfed, that’s why he is strong in pro play... his ability to turn up to any fight he wants, to basically be in any lane ready to gank or counter gank while farming top is his greatest strength and one that when abused properly can single handedly win games
> [{quoted}](name=swampert919,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=tftP9gJZ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-03-19T22:40:09.950+0000) > > It’s % damage... it doesn’t need to scale because it’s already going to scale as the enemies get levels and items... and every tank has ap scalings, very few have health or resistance scalings on their main damage ability I play Shen since S3. May I say that after 5 years I want to see a damn scaling? All champions have scalings Shen doesn't. I do understand that he deals % damage but what's the point of giving us impossible scalings? It makes no sense. A champion that is not allowed to scale 3 of his 4 spells is a stupid concept. > [{quoted}](name=swampert919,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=tftP9gJZ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-03-19T22:40:09.950+0000) > You realise 1.75 seconds is a lot... that’s going to be anywhere between 4-25 auto attacks depending on how many champions are hitting you. > And against an adc, that’s at least 4 attacks (usually over 2 attacks a second) dealing 1000 damage... you’ve just blocked 4000 damage for anyone on your team. I play him as support therefore I know that it can save you from 2 or 3 hits but 18 seconds of cool down is a joke if you consider that the other spell (the E) has a cool down of 16 seconds. Basically as a Shen can only press Q. It's not funny. It would be great if the cool down of the W could be reduced a bit if used successfully on an ally or at least refund parte of the cool down if you didn't use it. > [{quoted}](name=swampert919,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=tftP9gJZ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-03-19T22:40:09.950+0000) > Oh no an ability has counter play like every single ability in the game... yes you can dodge it you could say this about most abilities in this game... the reason it’s called a skill shot is because you can’t just throw it out randomly and expect it to work. > Shen even has a better time than most, he can combine it with flash to adjust his course. The question is that the game is becoming more and more about champions that can make crazy moves and 100 to 0 in milliseconds. I have no issues with E being hard to land but when you hit an enemy with your CC and he can: flash, heal, jump, use a plant, disappear or anyone in his team can arrive with all these crazy ways to move in the map is frustrating. In past you died to a bad move + CC. Now you can easily survive to this. The main reason people die is because of champions capable of shotting you instantly. > Have you considered that your not using it for the shield... it’s a global teleport to any ally you want... it’s stronger than summoner teleport and on a shorter cooldown, and it has a shield. > > That’s why it’s game changing... the shield is nice but it’s because litterally every single fight can suddenly get turned against you because shen can turn up... In my ELO (dia) in early game the R is pretty much useless. It offers no protection and there's no point in using it. Your allies can die before level 6 under their own turrets and parties (3/4/5 enemies all in on your ADC) are frequent. Then we have Soraka that can 0-100 anyone, Taric that can make his partners invulnerable, Lulu R and gg wp and so on. Shen ultimate feels like a blanket in North Pole. The utility of R in mid game depends on how the game is going. If it's not going well your «game changing ultimate» doesn't change anything. > [{quoted}](name=swampert919,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=tftP9gJZ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-03-19T22:40:09.950+0000) > That’s why he gets nerfed, that’s why he is strong in pro play... his ability to turn up to any fight he wants, to basically be in any lane ready to gank or counter gank while farming top is his greatest strength and one that when abused properly can single handedly win games I am starting to hate this "pro-play". 99.99% of player base aren't pro-players. How on earth I should accept nerfs on my champions non-stop just because in pro-play (0.01% of players) 5 PREMADES can use Shen properly. I'm not playing in soloQ with premades. I am ALONE and Shen is totally different.
: If he's so bad, then why does he see quite a bit of pro play? It could also be that Shen as he is now isn't geared towards being a support.
> [{quoted}](name=The7thSeal,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=tftP9gJZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-03-19T21:33:56.888+0000) > > If he's so bad, then why does he see quite a bit of pro play? > It could also be that Shen as he is now isn't geared towards being a support. This is exactly the reason why he sucks so much as top lane (his main role). In pro-play with teams made of premades Shen is fine. You don't have to worry about team mates that don't understand your intentions. You can trust them 100%. Try to ping R and use it successfully in soloQ. I'm playing in in Diamond and even in this ELO several times your partners make you waste not only the ultimate but tons of CS and turret. Shen is a team-based & utility champion. How can you play him decently in top lane with 4 random strangers? RIOT kept nerfing him non-stop because of these damned pro-players but at this point this is no longer funny. 99% of Shen players are not pro-players! We are tired to receive nerfs because of how 0.01% of player base (pro-players) can play him as he's meant to be played.
Rioter Comments
: season 8 placements?
In S7 I was Platinum 2 and in this season I've been placed in Platinum 3. I was speechless. I don't even played pre-season so I still don't get it.
Rioter Comments
: Riot really needs to put an end to stupid damage coming from all champs
All I know is that I can no longer complete my ultimate with Shen. They all die with my shitty shield pulverised in milliseconds. What's the fuc-king point?
: talking about gold - low plat elo
It's still low (no offense). Try playing in diamond... :-( most of times games are over between 15 and max 25 minutes according to my experience.
Show more

Kian987

Level 121 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion