: Some of the most stupid comments I have ever seen.
As a fellow top laner the bottom line is that your job is to win the lane alone, this is the default expectation but failing that, your secondary job is to play safe and not feed. If a jungler comes up and throws you a gank, great, but in the list of priorities for him, you should be at the bottom. Top Laners should not expect ganks, they are expected to win one on one, and if they can't they are expected not to feed. That's your primary responsibility to the team, everything else you do is bonus. So I really understand the sentiment, there really is no excuse for feeding Nasu 5 kills in the early game, that qualifies as a total collapse, you can't blame that on your team. Your lane is not priority for anyone and for good reason, you basically have one job.. keep the top laner busy, don't die. If you win the lane great, if you lose it, no big deal. But if you lose it and feed, your likely to be responsible for the loss. Im not saying that people shouldn't try to help you etc... I mean obviously its a team game, everyone should be doing what they can but of all the things that should never happen and there is no excuse for its a fed top laner. That is the core skill of the top lane, don't die. You should never die to jungle ganks or to the top laner early game, these are 100% preventable things, if its happening you are failing at a core level of the position. Learn to ward deeper and more often, learn top lane 1 v 1 tricks for champions, know when its time to run and most importantly, don't die for your tower. Top lane tower is the least important in the game.
: I need help in controlling my "overreactive" anxiety.
One of the key reasons why the League is a great game is because it gets your heart pumping. I know what your talking about. Walking out of a team fight where you just tore up the enemy team, or getting 2 kills in a 2v1 for example. Its awsome, feels great, but right afterwards its like.. can I keep the momentum going or will I blow it from here. All I can say is that, this is what keeps us playing. Getting those highes, the drive for the win. Its just part of it, I have personally learned to enjoy the adrenaline pumping, heart rate rising feeling you get from playing League. Its what makes it addictive.
: What to do when jungle is non stop camping + towerdiving you?
> [{quoted}](name=The Godkarther,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=O1VE7qPM,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-01T17:13:15.885+0000) > > I can't get my head around how to counter this. I play squishy laners so ganks are my biggest weakness especially from kayns or yi junglers. Worst is when I can't even sit under tower because they can tower dive me without spells and without losing health. So what am I suppose to do? Tips? It's very situational, but deep warding is key. You have to understand that what your describing, at some point in Ranked becomes the standard way to jungle. I mean a good jungler will make life hell in every lane, especially one with a squishy champion that can't deal with it. So you have to make peace with it, assume its always going to happen and respond appropriately to counter the strategy. It starts with Deep Warding, you have to grow accustomed to buying Control Wards every back, you should have 2-3 wards out at all times, in every game.. period. If your not doing that, you won't progress. As for situational, the trick is to make sure the jungler fails and while its common to say "play safe", this strategy will almost always fail. Playing it safe results in less farm, less opportunities and trying to minimize risk for yourself rather than creating it for your opponents. Its a losing strategy and should be reserved only when you are clearly outpicked, which brings me to the next thing.. match ups. At some point in your climb be it normal or ranked you will reach an MMR/skill platueue where you can't just "play your main". This is especially true in Ranked. You have to get out of your comfort zone and counter pick especially vs. meta champs that are very strong. You really want to give yourself every advantage and having a counter-pick is the easiest and most valid way to do it. Its not possible in every match of course but if you did it every time you had the opportunity to do so you will do a lot better. Finally is counter building against Junglers. You have to remember that your build can't just be against your lane opponent. You have to build for future team fights and you should always be counter building against the junglers because in lane phase and later in mid-late game you are going to have to deal with them. The nice thing about Junglers is that they are very predictable and their builds are easy to anticipate, they have considerably less flexibility than most positions and they are stuck taking jungle items early game which means that you almost always have a build advantage on them and typically a level advantage as well. Early game, ganking requires 2v1, but if a gank takes place and you kill them, especially the jungler (which is typically easier to kill) its actually a gain in most cases. Lanes are protected by towers but Junglers have no protection, they have to level, get kills and earn CC else they can't outpace lanes. Which is why denying them kills and killing them is always your priority when in any fight. You don't want junglers gaining advantage and its also why when your jungler comes to gank you should let him have the kill, it's how you win your lane. He gets the kill, you get the push and tower, so never KS your jungler.
: Tahm Kench is the most toxic designed champion ever made.
> [{quoted}](name=PaG VentusKing,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=PAlM88tt,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-06-02T22:22:26.825+0000) > > A ''Support'' that is in toplane 90% of his pick rate where he literally is the most anti fun champ to play against. A ''Support'' That can easily take down any bruiser or tank in lane solo by Pressing 2 Skills while it's pointless to fight him because he literally has 2 hp bars to a point where he can win every 1v1. He deals way too much dmg for a support and his the most stupid single target cc chain there is. You literally only can sit under tower till your lane is over or this toxic champ will literally get a Kill of hitting Q once because the slow is so obnoxious and his passive just out damages everything from you. And even in support he is designed to be super anti fun to play against. Wanna get that kill? Nope Tahm comes and stops you from it. Wanna fight midlane? Nope Tahm will bring the 3v1 to your lane? Wanna kill Tahm first? He will counter engage and literally fck you up with his high af base armor and raw dmg he can deal also you probably wont kill him because of his obnoxious shield. I don't know why someone would design a champ that is literally based arround destroying as much fun for the enemy as possible while being super boring to play. He even ruined LCS and Worlds by literally stoping every play from happening by just eat saving someone and made it super boring to watch. Fix this champ Riot. The rule of Thumb in League of Legends, if you think a champion is broken, play him, abuse him, exploit him, win until they fix him. Its really that simple. If you think he is broken, play him.
: you have a 48% winrate.with the amount of games you have played (too many) you have 33 more losses than wins. Which is why you got demoted, not because of anyone else.
> [{quoted}](name=DarkPoroLord2012,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=AqtAhZWO,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-06-01T23:42:27.802+0000) > > you have a 48% winrate.with the amount of games you have played (too many) you have 33 more losses than wins. > Which is why you got demoted, not because of anyone else. I don't disagree with you about that, the common "my team sucks" excuse is often followed up with the "look how toxic everyone is" mantra to explain away the reason people are failing to climb. That said, there is a point at which you have to admit that the toxicity level is definitely affecting people's success in game. I mean statistically if you play, bad team, toxic players and everything else will be balanced out by your ability/skill to win game despite it all. I think the point however is that it's a feature of the game at this point that you must and will sacrifice a certain amount of games to Trollers, AFKers and the like. You just have to include that into your accounting and that percentage (the percentage of games in which this happens) is actively increase in League of Legends. At this point I feel quite safe in saying that a fairly high percentage of my games are lost because someone Trolls or quits (goes AFK). Were it not for those games, I would certainly be higher than I am right now. I don't blame it entirely on those games, I have certainly lost my fair share of games by simply being outplayed, but I don't think anyone can claim that this has no impact on people's match histories. There are just certain amount of games that you lose no matter how good you are because people lose them intentionally either by feeding just to screw their teams over, going AFK, or becoming so toxic that it derails the entire team effort. As a company RIOT bares some of this responsibility because frankly they are very soft on crime (if you will) when it comes to dealing with Toxic players. They don't make any attempt to make "permanent" being actually permanent, they leave the "create a new account" option available to everyone no matter how toxic you get, no matter how many bans you get. We have documented evidence of this, Tyler1 as a famous example. A guy who's toxicity at it his prime had no boundaries and he got dozens of accounts banned over the course of a pretty short period with virtually zero consequences, in fact, he is something of an advertisement for RIOT at this point, appearing in official events as a speaker/host of shows. Its effectively RIOT saying, "hey we don't care if your toxic, as long as there is something in it for us". Which is the point. People get banned, they start new accounts and there is a good chance of them re-purchasing skins and things they had with their previous accounts. So for them, someone getting banned is a financial opportunity, which means its part of their economics to ban people and allow them to come back with new accounts. The idea that they "can't prevent that" is complete BS. You might not be able to do it with 100% efficiency, but you could create obstacles. IP bans for example might not work for everyone, but many providers around the world don't have dynamic IP's. Linking accounts to credit cards is another method, not everyone can simply "get another credit card". Linking it to social security numbers in many countries is an option. For example in Scandic countries like Sweden, Norway and Denmark, your social security number is a static thing, everyone has one no matter the age and you can't change it. The point here is that if RIOT wanted to permanently ban people (actually permanently) they could. They simply choose not to and by doing so, toxicity in games prevails and continues to be a problem. Now they have their reasons for doing that, but the global outcome is that we (all League players) must contend with being cursed at, dealing with trolls, AFKers and the like and this definitely impacts ranked play. Which brings me to the other solution. Ranked play bans. To me, Ranked play should be more highly regarded than what RIOT has done. Ranked play is effectively their E-Sport platform and to me, one way to punish players is to ban them from Ranked play for extended periods of time and make that the first punishment for all crimes. They should at the very least be doing everything they can to keep Ranked play clean. To me, it should be a requirement to have Honor 2 for example to play ranked in addition to the level requirement. This way, at least Ranked is reserved for players who behave themselves.
Chrysies (EUW)
: Banning players have a proven track record going on 9 years not to be working (at all), I would bet it would be much more efficient with the following: * Strike 1 = 10 game chat restriction. * Strike 2 = Banned from for 10 games * If you were banned in ranked, you can only que for Normal for 10 games to get rid of the penalty, if you got banned in Normal you can only play bot games, both subject to extension. * Strike 3 = Banned for 1 month in the same manor as the above.
> [{quoted}](name=Chrysies,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=AqtAhZWO,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-06-01T17:23:25.052+0000) > > Banning players have a proven track record going on 9 years not to be working (at all), I would bet it would be much more efficient with the following: > > * Strike 1 = 10 game chat restriction. > * Strike 2 = Banned from for 10 games > * If you were banned in ranked, you can only que for Normal for 10 games to get rid of the penalty, if you got banned in Normal you can only play bot games, both subject to extension. > * Strike 3 = Banned for 1 month in the same manor as the above. Im neither saying its good or bad, Im just explaining how it works because people seem to have a lot of misunderstanding about it. Their is this impression that if someone swears at you in game, there is an operator standing by with a ban hammer and its just not how it works at all. I agree with you banning people is largely a "ethical code of conduct" rather than a practical way of adjusting the communities behavior but realistically if RIOT really wanted to eliminate toxic players they could do it with far greater efficiency then we have up to this point but economics plays its part here. An easy solution would be to tie your account to a credit card number and name. If you get banned... you get black listed.
: This new change not only is annoying but enables trolls
As a rule if someone puts up an ff in the middle of a team fight, I default no no matter the circumstances, even if I want to surrender I do it just to be a %%%%. It’s a troll move to ff in the middle of a fight and it’s always done by someone who just died in said fight. For that I will drag that game out to the bitter end and waste everyone’s time because f u that’s why.
: The issue with the (Awful) report system
People have trouble understanding how the system works and why the system works as it does. So just to bullet point 1. It’s automated, there are millions of people playing this game everyday, it’s physically not possible to do it any other way. Automated means it WILL be imperfect and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it, especially Riot. 2. It gives the benefit of the doubt. If someone leaves a game, it assumes you had a good reason, if you go toxic, it assumes you are just having a bad day, if you feed it assumes you just had a tough match up and it was not intentional. It ONLY comes after you if you are repeating the offense and have some traceable consistency. It does this to prevent innocent people from getting in trouble and to give people an opportunity to change their behavior. 3. People get banned by droves every single day, you need to look No further than this forum as proof.
CJXander (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cypherous,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=AA9YJBJy,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-25T08:56:31.294+0000) > > If your friend reports you for something that is valid then sure, being on the friendslist doesn't give you immunity from the rules if one of the two reports it Actually, Riot does not get involved with PRIVATE MESSAGES unless it's a death threat. Stop spreading misinformation :). If we're talking about post-game lobby, then RIP, that's completely bannable.
> [{quoted}](name=CJXander,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=AA9YJBJy,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-05-25T09:26:47.070+0000) > > Actually, Riot does not get involved with PRIVATE MESSAGES unless it's a death threat. Stop spreading misinformation :). > > If we're talking about post-game lobby, then RIP, that's completely bannable. Not even in death threats. Effectively by law, private chat in League is covered by most international privacy laws, even as a private company they are not allowed to read it. Its the same as Facebook chat or work email.
DeltaAFK (EUW)
: My look on not losing MMR in provisional games...
The Ranking and Match Making systems in League of Legends are hopelessly inconsistent and the bane of everyone's frustration, but what you described is mild as compared to what typically happens. For example Imagine being in Bronze II division, but in order to get to Bronze I, you have to beat Silver, Gold and even Plat players. Or worse, imagine being a Gold I player trying to get to Plat, but having to do it with Iron and Bronze teams. The Ranking system is very systematically broken because rather than simply paring up Bronze player with Bronze players and simply letting the best of each division rise, they base the entire match making on a secret MMR that has absolutely nothing to do with your division rank. You can very well have a Diamond level MMR but be stuck in Bronze, or worse, have a Bronze MMR but be stuck in Gold Division. The system does repair itself eventually, but in your case it may take about 100-200 games before you really end up where you are supposed to be, unless you just start throwing games hard, like 0/20 hard. If I were you, I would simply lose 20 matches back to back.. Like don't try to win, just force the loses. Do it in a way so that the reporting system won't catch you trolling, aka look busy but if you really want to play with members of your own division you need to lose hard and fast. If your winning any games at all, it will take you hundreds of games to balance out. Its sucks for your team, but, you have to shrug your shoulders to the whole thing.
: I appreciate the detailed answer, I think I now get the whole gist of it. And about the final sentence, I will most likely never touch ranked. It's because I like playing league as a casual past time activity, not something that I'd actually put time in trying to get better at. Also most of my friends who play league have quit shortly after becoming "ranked only" players, because they lost the passion towards the game and I fear that would happen to me too.
> [{quoted}](name=12InchSubway,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=ggf5sZGm,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-05-28T22:58:50.663+0000) > > I appreciate the detailed answer, I think I now get the whole gist of it. And about the final sentence, I will most likely never touch ranked. It's because I like playing league as a casual past time activity, not something that I'd actually put time in trying to get better at. Also most of my friends who play league have quit shortly after becoming "ranked only" players, because they lost the passion towards the game and I fear that would happen to me too. There is only one way to play League of Legends, competitive. The only difference between Normal and Ranked is that a system tracks your progress. Its quite literally the same thing, even those ranked players like to pretend like there is some big difference between. The one advantage of ranked is that generally speaking, players take the game more seriously, so its less common to see "first time X" champion type players or people experimenting with builds and random stuff like that. Not to say that it doesn't happen, but in Normal its extremely common. But that would be like the only difference, but in terms of the game, the way people approach it etc.. its the same.
iDRZH (EUW)
: Help Me With Wave Control
I would only add that there are certain champions in which a hard push is better, while others that always want to freeze and various other situation (champion) oriented things. For example with Illaoil, you always want to control where the creeps are as you are setting up your tenticles and want to have them in position in case of a team fight and/or to use harsh lesson more productively (get more out of your mana). The only time you want to push with Illaoil is when you want to base/shop or if you see a ganking opportunity somewhere and need to leave the lane. Every champion has his own rhythm you could say and it usually pays to figure out how a particular champion leverages the lane creep positioning. Some champions for example can farm very successfully right up against their own tower, so you get your full farm and you have the safety of the tower. Its all relative, the information here is kind of general advice which I think is good and covers the core foundation, but to me, the champion specific stuff is more important to know and understand.
R4ndom F1nn (EUNE)
: Sorry junglers
I generally have No issues with junglers. They do their thing in the jungle and I do mine top. If they come gank great, if they don’t, whatever. However my tolerance for toxicity is zero, so as soon as a jungler starts trash talking, their jungle becomes my jungle, No discussion, no response, I give zero f’s about it. It’s the one position I can get my revenge on and so I always do if they screw with me.
Ionisiac (EUW)
: [RANKED] RIOT is "locking" the way we climb ladder in each split?
Well, the way the system works, which Riot does explain is that the more you win, the higher your mmr is and the tougher your opponents get and of course vice versus. Hence in a way you are right, the system is by design setup to ensure that rising is only possible if your skills improve. If you are at a stagnated skill level, every series of wins will inevitably be met with a series of loses. This is however how all ladders work, it’s by the very definition of the term the only way it can work. There is No secret “lock” and we know that with 100% certainty as people do rise to higher divisions all the time, myself included. If you want to rise, you have to play better and you must always be improving at the game.
F Ú (EUW)
: Toxicity
> [{quoted}](name=Cypherous,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=LXf32Znk,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-25T16:08:46.660+0000) > > Which part didn't you understand exactly? > > Yeah thats called "Prisoner island" riot already said why this is a bad idea years ago > > https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/01/ask-riot-banished-to-prisoners-island/ > > Easy to implement but doens't solve anything at all, you're free to read the riot response yourself While I have always understood RIOTs objection to the prisoner island concept, I hold them accountable and in contempt for not producing a viable alternative or fully committing themselves to actually solving the toxicity problem in LoL. I believe you are wrong in saying there is nothing they can do, I don’t need a magic wand to fix it nor do they. They just need to be committed to eliminating 99% of toxicity from the game and not set themselves on some pedestal of unconditional values. Especially since by doing so they ensure that we all live on prisoner island toilet that is LOL together instead. I understand their attempt to maintain a good player experience for everyone but they have failed to do it for anyone. Every single League player has to deal with toxic players on a daily basis, in the vast majority of our matches. So while they give their reasons for why not to have a prisoner island they have instead simply made the entire experience a constant toxic shitstorm for everyone equally.
ofir (EUW)
: What is your favorite Character? (Mine is Lux!)
Of all time has to be the stone giant {{champion:54}} Right now however I’m having a blast with {{champion:420}} Though I have to admit I adopt champions at a snails pace. After all this time playing League, I can say I have played only a small handful of champions, maybe 10% of the field and even less when we talk about playing with confidence.
RiTCHiFeeD (EUNE)
: Nerf Nasus Please overpowered
Nasus is a tough champ but by Yes stretch of the imagination OP. He is easy to harass early on and extremely susceptible to falling behind. Once you have a farm:item edge on him and hard counter his build he folds hard. His entire game is raising stack so you have to punish him hard for every single one he takes. He is definitely a unique opponent so you have to adapt to him quite a bit and of course you have to pick a good counter to him and certainly your jungles should be leaning on him early.. like level 2 early. Aka, get your red and b line for an early game. In early game he is super easy to 1v2 and even if u don’t get a kill and just push him out of the lane it’s often enough of a slow down to throw him off the rails. Naturally like with any champ, great Nasu players are going to require extra attention.
Xuto (EUW)
: [Support Main]What could i pick to complete my 3/4 champion pool
My vote goes to {{champion:267}} she unlike many champions is relevant from start to finish regardless of her farm. She is easily one of the most influential supports around and is universally hated bot lane as she is a hard counter to some of the most commonly used champs bot lane.
: quiting game cuz of the %%%%%%ed champions around
The golden rule of any good league player is exploit the games balance problems, don’t be a victim of them. First it will teach you to appreciate the champions that are so called “op” because you will realize it’s not as easy as good players make it look and it will teach you the weaknesses of these champs. Lux ain’t shit, junk champion super easy to counter.
Outsrl (EUNE)
: How do I play solo?
Playing League of Legends solo is like going to the US by jumping on a sail boat alone. It might sound like fun, even might be at first, but eventually you will realize that the ocean is endless, boring and doing it alone loses all of its luster. League community is toxic, it just is. Nothing will ever change that. It’s just a matter of attitude towards it all. Do you really give a squirt of piss for trash talking munchkins? If you can just make peace with these low life’s, mute them when they start their BS and just play the game, it really is one of the best and most competitive e sport games around. If you can’t, u should quit while you still have your sanity.
Teahyun (EUW)
: Botlane needs a total rework
I would argue the Jungler role is what decides most games. ADC's are always a role no matter how fed that can be isolated, but junglers... properly fed they can 1v5 the game. Neither ADC's nore supports can ever do that no matter how fed. Top lane is more likely to lose a match for a team than Bot lane and again because top laners properly fed can basically 1v5 a team. I mean a Mundo for example that is properly fed and ahead can carry like no champ in the game. They are effectively invincible and they can't be isolated. I think the trick to a bot lane in trouble is top and mid support. 3 v 2 in bot lane is almost always a win.. that isn't true about other lanes. I mean with I{{champion:420}} for example can 2v1 a top and jungler solo easily and she doesn't even have to be fed to do it. There are many combinations bot lane that are clearly dominant, so Im not saying your wrong here, I do agree well played Bot lanes can carry a game hard, but what I am saying is that this is often a failure of the team rather than just the bot lane. Like you can stop a dominant bot lane, you cant stop a dominant top or jungler. They can rampage the entire game sufficiently ahead there aint a strategy in the game that exists that can be employed. The main trick to bot lane failing is a focus on bringing them back early. Top lane port ganks, jungler ganks, midlane ganks. It can be turned around. A Jungler that gets out of hand or a top lane. Forget about it.
Tarolock (EUNE)
: the only thing i wanna know is what do you do to these guys that they take the time to find you outside of league just to harass you... that literally never happened to me, they dont even harass me anymore in post game chat (well even ingame its rare, because im not an asshole)
> [{quoted}](name=Tarolock,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=VUqiAU0Y,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-26T06:18:39.575+0000) > > the only thing i wanna know is what do you do to these guys that they take the time to find you outside of league just to harass you... that literally never happened to me, they dont even harass me anymore in post game chat (well even ingame its rare, because im not an asshole) Its always the question isn't it. Not that I don't believe that people are targets for random harassment, they certainly are, but I find more often than not there is more to a story then what you hear from a poster. I have certainly been harassed before. I played a game against a jungler that I repeatedly targeted quite specifically. I knew he was a good player and winning the match was all about taking him down, so I very specifically went after him the whole match to a point where guy got really frustrated as often better opportunities were available and I still went after him specifically. He got pretty raw with me and eventually got banned for some of the racist slurs he was throwing out. Now I assume this was a regular thing for him and he was certainly right about be picking him out of the line up but I had good in game reason to do so. I knew he was the best player on their team. In any case, my point is that I think there are many reasons why stuff like this happens, its not necessarily a mean spirited thing, but people do take it personally. In my case I really didn't blame the guy, he was right, I was picking on him very specifically. I had a reason for it, but from his perspective it probably looked random.
Morogoth (EUW)
: Questions about the punishment system and reform system
Well the question your really asking is, is it ever safe to flame. The answer is no, its never safe and your history seems at least by what we have observed in the community more to do with whether or not you get banned if you have a history of bad behavior over good behavior. Another words, consistent good behavior won't save you if you behave badly. The answer to the puzzle is don't flame...ever. Its the only way to be safe, if you don't follow that rule, your rolling the dice with an automated system at your own peril.
: give me some example of what you think is trolling since in my experience in 100 games I see 5-6games with real trolls but 90games I see people that falsely accuse others of trolling ilogic, stupid, dumb people sure they are in abundance but they are not trolls in a way to intentionally ruin the games, they ruin the game ? sure but not intentionally and you can't forbid stupid people to play a video game
> [{quoted}](name=Murdarici,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=FVokflqA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-26T16:42:35.898+0000) > > give me some example of what you think is trolling since in my experience in 100 games I see 5-6games with real trolls but 90games I see people that falsely accuse others of trolling > > ilogic, stupid, dumb people sure they are in abundance but they are not trolls in a way to intentionally ruin the games, they ruin the game ? sure but not intentionally and you can't forbid stupid people to play a video game Agreed. I challenge anyone to define how an automated system would work that catches troll that doesnt punish people for sucking at League of Legends. I mean I see a lot of people that clearly have no idea what the hell they are doing and I do agree you have to wonder how they got as far as they did playing like that but I have to assume there are a lot of factors to that, the most common being that people get luck and get carried to where they are. One thing I have noticed about my own play is that while I was ranking up through Iron and most of Bronze I was dominating like a pro. I got to Bronze II and suddenly I'm having tragic results like 0/10 games. I'm not trolling, I'm legitimately getting my hat handed to me. I just reached a skill plateau where the people I face are just waaaaay better than me. That doesn't make me a troll, that just makes me a victim of the MMR system that continually puts you up against stronger and stronger opponents until you reach a point where you just don't have the skill to compete anymore and you start losing games until you get back to a field more designed for you. Its how ranked should work, but it does come with the drawback that eventually you will face people that will clean your clock. I mean just last night I played top against a Mundo player that was doing 1v5 team fights and getting penta kills... just straight soloing the whole team and there was nothing we could throw at him to bring him down. He build smart, was always in the right place at the right time, warded well... he just dominated and simply earned the victory. He made the whole team look like a bunch of trolls, no one was, we were just outmatched hard. The guy had like Mastery 200k.. more than the combined total of our entire team, though he was a Bronze I player. So while I would argue there is an issue with the match making system, there were no trolls in the game, there were just 5 players that didnt have a fighting chance against that kind of skill.
0megon (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=IzKnJdXA,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-05-26T14:35:39.475+0000) > > There is this idea that is totally false that doing something or saying something online is different than doing it in person. Go up to a total stranger on the street and say that to them and see what happens. Note that person might be a 13 year old kid, it might be an old lady. It’s random. > > I assure you that you do something like that in most places in the world and you would get your ass kicked on the spot. I would happily knock out a guys teeth for that sort of thing. > > So no, it’s not ok, ban justified, peace out! There would be no point in going to random stranger and telling them that. On the other hand if they piss you off or start to talk offensively against you then why not. And that is what happens in game. I am pretty sure that nobody really means it they are just angry... It is always amusing that people who are against things like that would be happy to go beat someone for it. Shows real respect towards life and health from them... You are not better than us, you just act like you are...
> [{quoted}](name=Aritmor,realm=EUNE,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=IzKnJdXA,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-26T15:00:16.175+0000) > > There would be no point in going to random stranger and telling them that. On the other hand if they piss you off or start to talk offensively against you then why not. And that is what happens in game. I am pretty sure that nobody really means it they are just angry... It is always amusing that people who are against things like that would be happy to go beat someone for it. Shows real respect towards life and health from them... You are not better than us, you just act like you are... I'm not acting like anything, its not that I don't understand the actions/consequences of what people do in League of Legends or on the street, all I'm saying is that if you do something, you are responsible for it. You don't get a pass. I fully understand telling a guy to go F-himself, or dropping a dragon punch on a guy that clearly deserved it. The only difference between me and the poster is that I'm not asking for a pass on it. If I punch you in the face in the street because I didn't like what you said to me, I fully expect to get arrested. I would not go to a judge and try to make the case that "he had it coming" with any realistic expectation to get a pass on what i did. Consequences. That's all it is. Own it. The OP told a guy to go kill himself, the consequence for that is getting your account banned. What I am saying however is that the guy doesn't deserve to get told to go kill himself just because he sucks at a video game, the guy that thought it was ok to say that to him definitely deserves to loose some teeth. Its certainly not legal and will come with consequences, but at least I know I did it for a just reason and I will sleep well at night knowing I was in the right. Telling a guy to go kill himself because he sucks at League of Legends is bullshit.
: How am I supposed to win this? (Top lane, Gold Elo)
The reality is that league is a team game and while you can pull out victories with personal skill if one person is having a bad match it’s virtually impossible to do if multiple members are failing. There is both you can do about it. You just have to flip the close games. A certain percentage are going to be blow outs like that due to team composition. It’s not really the fault of the the match making but individual match ups in a game. You might be owning top lane because you got matched up with a lemon but you might have a pro in the enemy jungle that dominates in the other lanes. I find the trick to flipping a game is in identifying the strongest players and go after them or to expose the weak player on the enemy team. For example when I play top and I see that the enemy team has a weak kinglet I invade a lot and ward jungle so I can kill him repeatedly. Trick really is in trying to find the weak spot in a team and expose it first hand regardless of your position. Don’t get locked down in “laning”. Push for the win through actively punishing the enemy teams weakness. Warding and counter warding is key.
Fhaca (EUW)
: Int. Feeding is still not punished
Part of the reason int feeders are not punished is because of a lack of understanding of what an int feeder is. The vast majority of int feeders are levied against people having bad games which is not punishable but it does make it pretty difficult to decipher the real deal from the thousands of bad players in league. Been playing this game for 8 years and have seen some terrible players who die a lot but rare are people who are obvious int feeders. Simply put, sucking at the game is not against the rules and these are the overwhelming majority of people who get reported, aka, for bad play.
MIJ130 (EUNE)
: I'm considering leaving LoL forever because of Toxicity and Harassment
Simple trick to avoid harassment, someone says something you don’t like, /mute all. It’s that simple. Harassment is about feeling harassed, they can’t harass you if you are ignoring them. Chasing you outside of the game is actually a crime, you can file a police report and open a ticket with riot on the matter. They have a legal obligation to deal with the issue.
111182 (EUW)
: How to win a game
Snippiness aside, basically the way the meme system works is that as long as you are winning matches, you will continually be put against tougher, better opponents until you start losing. So effectively the only way to get passed a 50% win rate is to be continually improving and getting better. If you stagnate, you will be forever stuck at around 50%. It’s why people create Smurf’s accounts, so they can face weaker opponents to make themselves feel better. Sad but true. Good league players will use the opportunity to face more challenging matches as an opportunity to learn and progress their skills, weak players will whine on the forum and make smurf accounts.
Silent Note (EUNE)
: So he's having a bad game (which everyone can have) and then you encourage him to commit suicide. Do you really not see the problem here? You should visit a therapist if you underrate the value of human lives this much, because there's something clearly wrong with the you.
> [{quoted}](name=Silent Note,realm=EUNE,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=IzKnJdXA,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-05-26T05:26:18.028+0000) > > So he's having a bad game (which everyone can have) and then you encourage him to commit suicide. > Do you really not see the problem here? You should visit a therapist if you underrate the value of human lives this much, because there's something clearly wrong with the you. Agreed. The lack of perspective and toxic nature of such a comment justifies the ban. This a human being playing a video game and this guy thinks because he performed poorly in a match he is justified to run his mouth like that? Hell no!
0megon (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Call me Teddy,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=IzKnJdXA,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-25T22:23:47.365+0000) > > lmao of course ur gonna get banned if u say something like that dude, do you even realise the gravity of what you said ? > > Reflect on it a bit Honestly I do not see gravity of it. If someone would do it based on someone in game saying that, they would probably do it either way.
> [{quoted}](name=Aritmor,realm=EUNE,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=IzKnJdXA,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-26T14:16:19.969+0000) > > Honestly I do not see gravity of it. If someone would do it based on someone in game saying that, they would probably do it either way. There is this idea that is totally false that doing something or saying something online is different than doing it in person. Go up to a total stranger on the street and say that to them and see what happens. Note that person might be a 13 year old kid, it might be an old lady. It’s random. I assure you that you do something like that in most places in the world and you would get your ass kicked on the spot. I would happily knock out a guys teeth for that sort of thing. So no, it’s not ok, ban justified, peace out!
: A rhetorical question, which deserves everyone's attention...
There are two ways to answer this, both I feel are equally valid, but neither will solve the problem of team dynamics that can result in a loss. First, is mentality towards the game. Part of the reason why I think people get stuck in any given division is the lack of a strong mental game going into a match. Generally the match making system creates relatively fair teams (make peace with this), but match ups can be bad resulting in a lot of feeding. What can you do about it? I think the big play here is accepting that your losses are yours to bare and you must take claim for your wins. Another words, every match you after thought should be, what could I have done differently, not what your team failed at. If you can make that mental switch your win rates will sky rocket because you will be actively learning from your games, if you don't, if you do what you just did.. aka complain about everyone else and have the mental approach that its not your fault, you WILL get stuck. Second thing is to accept that when someone on your team is doing badly, its your job to help them. That's what a team is, people working together. If your approach is trash talk them for sucking, YOU are actively deciding to lose and losing is entirely on you. PERIOD. If you don't believe that, no one will ever be able to help you climb, you are making the decision, very intentionally not to. I get it, there are trolls, there always will be and a certain percentage of your games will be lost because your Jungle Takes Ash just to screw the team because he got autofilled and no one would trade with him and that's that. You have to make peace with that. But the amount of games that play out like this are few and far between. Dodge the game, wait out the timer and try again. The point here is generally that your mentality towards the game has to change. Right now your attitude is "its not my fault, everyone else is to blame, I'm just a victim, RIOT fix this shit". With that attitude I promise you that you are going nowwhere.
: Cheaters still rampant
Just curious is there a screen shot, a game, or something that you can point us to. I mean cheating is pretty rare in League the way you describe it. There are as mentioned different types of 3rd party software that helps you with stuff like aiming and the like but those types of things are extremely rare and pretty easy for RIOT to detect. Been playing for 8 years and I have seen all kind of crazy stuff in League but I'm yet to run into a confirmed cheat the way you describe it.
: > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Vcdh32Rt,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-05-20T13:10:09.572+0000) > > I don't think so, I climbed from IRON IV to BRONZE II and I know that I'm fully responsible for that climb, I pushed the teams I was assigned over the fence between Victory and Defeat, trolls, toxics, smurfs and all. > > I mean don't get me wrong the League community has its fair share of D-bags, but these low lifes are like cockroaches, you step on them and move on. If you climbed during your placements games than there was no promotion. And i was talking about the one from bronze to silver.
> [{quoted}](name=starkk1234,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Vcdh32Rt,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-23T08:29:21.101+0000) > > If you climbed during your placements games than there was no promotion. And i was talking about the one from bronze to silver. I was placed in Iron IV, I climbed from there and I never skipped any promotions so I had to do every single one. Haven't made it to Silver yet this year, but I took a couple of years off so its taking some time to get the skills back to get up that high and Silver today is basically gold from before they added the two new divisions, so in Bronze II is basically like Silver II from before. I do get what your saying, but for me the general thing that I understand is if I do well in my match, I will get well over the 50% winrate needed to climb and if I do poorly I don't. I can't control every match, every players performance etc.. so I get that, but if you do well consistently you will climb. Anyone who challenges that... let me know and we will have a look at your match history. My experience is that you always find the problems there with the individuals performance. If you can improve your play, then it means you still have control. Its not always easy so Im not saying that and I do get the frustration believe me.. I got knocked back to Bronze III and have been stuck there for a while, but I know its my own fault.
Shamose (EUW)
: Damn you sound like my middle school teachers. Who let a bully get beat into the hospital while they knew what was going on.
> [{quoted}](name=Shamose,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=UEoayu1Q,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-05-21T13:58:52.016+0000) > > Damn you sound like my middle school teachers. Who let a bully get beat into the hospital while they knew what was going on. Im not a middle school teacher, but yeah that does sound like me. Call me old school, but some lessons can only be learned from experience.
: That seems to be your way of reading things. Step your interpretation game up. What I am clearly saying is that people who refuse to listen to your advice, refusing to cooperate with the team. That has absolutely nothing to do with sucking
> [{quoted}](name=thebombardier92,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=QZAEOKVR,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-05-21T13:42:07.443+0000) > > That seems to be your way of reading things. Step your interpretation game up. What I am clearly saying is that people who refuse to listen to your advice, refusing to cooperate with the team. That has absolutely nothing to do with sucking I get what your saying. The problem is that you are under the assumption here that you are the pro advice giver designated leader of the team and they are the student amateurs who are here to learn. I see this all the time in game. People giving me advice on builds when they don't have a clue what the hell they are talking about, pinging me into obvious traps, pushing for Baron at the worst possible moment, demanding ganks into lanes that clearly won't benefit from them nor can capitalize on it and the biggest and most obvious reason, spending time in the chat log rather than playing the game. Look, you have to understand that you are not in charge of your team and when you are making bad decisions in their opinion they will ignore you. That is not a fault, that is the benefits of confidence. I ignore my team unless they say something smart and the moment someone starts trash talking anyone I mute all which is 90% of the time usually within the first 5 minutes of the match. I assume that the only way the team I'm going on is going to win a damn thing is if I win the whole bloody game on my own and frankly, I'm right about that most of the time.
: why diminish the value of reports at all?
> [{quoted}](name=LetMeAfkPlss,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=UEoayu1Q,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-21T13:47:46.111+0000) > > just ban for valid reports and not ban for invalid ones diminishing the value of reports will result in you reporting a legitimate bannable offense but riot won't care cause your reports mean very little to them > > also this implies the people who have normal reports "value" have a better saying on who gets banned and who doesn't the system is obviously so biased that's why it's a failure Integrity. You don't get to be a D-bag toxic player who reports everyone for sucking at League of Legends and accused them of Trolling because they had a bad game, then when someone is toxic towards you suddenly you think you get a say? Hell no. This system is designed as a message from RIOT. If your a D-bag in game, you don't matter.
Febos (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=00040000000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-20T20:44:35.123+0000) > > Huntington Beach California is where Im from I'm sorry then. I've seen quite a few players say "bucks" while being from EU, which doesn't make sense. *** > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=00040000000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-20T20:44:35.123+0000) > > And why are you so hostile, not possible for you to just have a conversation without the anger? I'm not angry. Few people have ever seen me angry. I'm hostile because I don't like BS. I stand by what I said earlier. You're just vomiting what you've heard/read someplace else. Toxic players do more harm than good. Riot bans them because, with them in the game, they can **lose money**. Also, toxic players don't all buy RP. Even if they did, the risk with having them around isn't worth it.
> [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=000400000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-21T13:26:40.299+0000) > > I'm sorry then. I've seen quite a few players say "bucks" while being from EU, which doesn't make sense. > > *** > > I'm not angry. Few people have ever seen me angry. > I'm hostile because I don't like BS. I stand by what I said earlier. You're just vomiting what you've heard/read someplace else. > > Toxic players do more harm than good. Riot bans them because, with them in the game, they can **lose money**. > Also, toxic players don't all buy RP. Even if they did, the risk with having them around isn't worth it. No one wants Toxic players in their games, but as the saying goes, crazy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. We have been perma banning people for damn near a decade. Can you honestly sit here and say "things are better"? Sure there is a sense of justice in banning people and certainly it feels like the right thing to do, but since its not having any impact, maybe its time to try something different? I mean I have been playing this game on and off for 8 years, I have never seen anything improve toxicity in games. At least 90% of my matches and someone who trash talks, throws out profanity, is racist or sexist... Easily 9 out of 10 games have it and its been like that all the years I have played. Nothing has ever changed as a result of people getting banned. Imagine however that an automated system searches for key words in chat logs and automatically hands out 14 day chat locks for every single case. 100% of all chat logs scanned, all key words (swear words etc.) trigger the system. No reports, no BS, just automatic. I mean if you cut out all the reports for negative attitude, profanity, verbal abuse and racism all that is left is trolling. That is so much less administration and so much less frustration for the players, because Leavers and Trolls can become the priority for that administration.
: ''If many players report someone for a certain type of toxicity, the system will adapt'' - Eambo ''report someone that makes you feel uncomfortable in the game'' - Message in the middle when the game is loading But also: ''Reporting someone that didn't do anything wrong according to the report system will lower your report value'' - IFS Even if someone didn't cooperate well with the team and he refused to listen to our advices, playing frontline as a squishy. Someone like that really lets me pull my hair out and dislike the game, yet I can't report him because he didn't flame and he didn't int. See where I am going?
> [{quoted}](name=thebombardier92,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=QZAEOKVR,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-21T12:35:29.080+0000) > > ''If many players report someone for a certain type of toxicity, the system will adapt'' - Eambo > > ''report someone that makes you feel uncomfortable in the game'' - Message in the middle when the game is loading > > But also: > > ''Reporting someone that didn't do anything wrong according to the report system will lower your report value'' - IFS > > Even if someone didn't cooperate well with the team and he refused to listen to our advices, playing frontline as a squishy. Someone like that really lets me pull my hair out and dislike the game, yet I can't report him because he didn't flame and he didn't int. > > See where I am going? Yes, you want to report people for sucking at League of Legends, but you can't because it's a punishment for doing so. The problem with the League Community is that they don't see any difference between a Troll and a person that sucks at the game. They are one and the same. In a way, its a community of Elitist D-bags. RIOT is by no stretch of the imagination perfect at execution of their intentions and plans, they F things up all the time, but they do what they can to remain ethical and this is one line they aren't willing to cross. Sucking is not an offense, make peace with it.
: To all summoners
What you fail to realize is that RIOT has already offered a lot of what you are asking for in the past and the results were very unpopular. Tribunal? We already had that and it was a total failure. People have very short memories but during the days of the Tribunal you were more likely to get banned on the basis of your match scores, than you where on anything you typed in the chat log. Back in those days you have a couple of bad matches, get mass reported and you would get punished without ever writing a word in the chat log, while the people on your team were dropping N-Bombs and threatening to find you and kill you. The Tribunal was a lot of things, but it was by no stretch of the imagination fair, just or ethical. It was a place where you could take your frustrations out on random people for something other random people did to you in a match. You were more likely to get banned for sucking at League of Legends than you where for being a toxic d-bag. As for FAQ's and transparency, while I'm not opposed to it, I'm not sure what is in it for them? I mean, what do they gain? How does it benefit them. Today they RIOT employees get shit on by this community something fierce, I mean, they can't do or say anything without someone tearing them apart in nerd rage infused profanity. Why would they expose the inner workings of the systems that govern the game?
DeltaAFK (EUW)
: So a question about LoL Guides...
There are three things that are really important when studying up on a champion, in particular specific builds and styles of play. 1 You need to check the date on videos. Patches can really changing the playing field and validity of tutorials and guides. You also don't want to take advice from say a Plat or Diamond player and try to apply that to Bronze games. You want current guides for your Elo, or better yet kind of general "good practices" guides that teach you about things like warding, positioning, do's and don'ts that aren't specific to any patch or champion, but to League play as a whole. 2 Don't play the pro meta, play the division meta. Not saying the pro meta and pro advice isn't useful in Bronze but trying to learn and apply those skills in lower division like Bronze will more often make you feed and lose hard then help you. This is largely because most high level game play for higher ELO's are reliant on teams to leverage what you are doing. You can ward all you want in Bronze, but your team will ignore it because a common flaw of players in Bronze is failure to watch the mini map. You want to leverage the short comings of your division and exploit those skill levels. When you move up far enough and you start losing, then you have reached a new plateau and its time to study up on what is happening in the division your in now and adjust. Suffice to say, pro players do well in any division and the pro meta will certainly work for pro players or perhaps better to say if applied correctly. However running a champ like Thresh for example in Iron-bronze is a complete waste of time, no one will ever use his lantern for example or know how to leverage that ability strategically or tactically as a team. You want to basically play to exploit the weaknesses of the skill sets in the division your in. In Iron and Low Bronze, it's basically all about farming and lock down. If you pick champions that can farm and push lanes effectively and you have a champion that can lock people down, you can dominate like crazy until reach kind of the Bronze cap around Bronze II or Bronze I at which point you have to start adjusting towards Silver play where this becomes more difficult to do. 3 Play off Meta. One of the best magic tricks you can do in Iron and Bronze is to play unexpected champions, stuff players don't see very often. They might not be as strong in general League of Legends, but one thing players in Iron and Bronze can't handle is when someone plays a champion that are not commonly used (aka facing them without knowing what they can do). I pretty much got though Iron and most of Bronze with that premise, it really works. I used Malphite which is not really that uncommon, but In Iron I was wrecking people to the point they where calling me a smurf and trust me when I say this, because it is a fact, I'm a terrible League player. But just the surprise of them not knowing what my champ could do and building him in opposition to expectations (as AD instead of tank) by the time people figure out what I'm doing I'm already in charge of the game. I hit Bronze II and that came to a dead stop, but it did get me from Iron IV to Bronze II before it stopped working and very effectively. Some great examples of champions to use in Iron and Bronze to screw with people's expectation {{champion:420}} : Absolutely amazing for lane control, most Iron and Bronze players have no idea what to do with him, even if you explain it to them in advance. He has a very low pick rate, so Iron and Bronze players will typically not know him, play him in top lane and you will be racking up kills like crazy. {{champion:72}} : Another low pick champion that you will oblitarate people in Low Elo. {{champion:50}} & {{champion:8}} : You can totally crush it in Bronze with these guys, people don't know what to do with champions that can regain health in low Elo, you will be accused of smurfing before you know it. As a whole however my recommendation is to play a lot of ARAM. One of the fundamental skills that you really need in League is Champion familiarity. Not necessary knowing how to play them, but understanding what different champions can do. As this is the weakness you want to exploit in low ELO, it is also your weakness as a low ELO player. ARAM is a great way to quickly learn about champion abilities.
sitatsofa (EUW)
: Maining Riven
I have been playing RIven a bit here and there when I think I have a good match up. Its a tough champion and really its bread and butter is that animation cancel move. Without it your trades are gong to be off and Riven is ultra sensitive to falling behind. Even a single death can break her. Plus there are soooo many champs that are hard counters for her. In the right hands she is lethal, but most of the time I have seen her played she feeds hard.
Febos (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2019-05-20T12:37:52.034+0000) > > To be frank, toxic players. You're delusional. First, 1 toxic player ruins the game for, at least, 9 other players. 9 > 1. Second, you're assuming toxic players purchase RP on their new accounts when, probably, most of them won't. Third, and finally, if banning players generated more cash, then Riot would not even try to reform bad behaviour. Why bother with the anti-cheat and player behaviour systems if outright banning players for anything bad they did would make them richer? You didn't think this through. *** > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2019-05-20T12:37:52.034+0000) > > I believe firmly Beliefs aren't facts. *** > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2019-05-20T12:37:52.034+0000) > > I have had my account for 8 years I have never purchased a champion but if my account got lost for some reason and I had to start over. Yeah, I would drop a couple of hundreds bucks to get everything back. To me playing League without my stuff would suck. Toxic players don't care about their account. If they did, they wouldn't be toxic in the first place. Also, why do you say "bucks" when you're not even from the US ? You're just vomiting what you've heard/read someplace else. It's a shame really.
> [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=rv7YEGKI,comment-id=0004000000010000,timestamp=2019-05-20T15:04:18.110+0000) > Toxic players don't care about their account. If they did, they wouldn't be toxic in the first place. > Also, why do you say "bucks" when you're not even from the US ? You're just vomiting what you've heard/read someplace else. It's a shame really. Huntington Beach California is where Im from, Americans do actually live in other places than just America, I say bucks, because they are MF bucks! And why are you so hostile, not possible for you to just have a conversation without the anger?
TheDøctør (EUNE)
: General Problems on LoL
This may be one of the most BS posts I have seen on this forums yet. Let me make sure I got this right. You think that we should give people who drop N-Bombs and tell people to get cancer a pass, because people who have bad games made them do it? Do I have that right m8? Sucking at League of Legends never has and never will be a bannable offensive. I have personally sucked something fierce in games, like to the point where I can fully understand someone legit reported me for trolling because it was that bad. In 8 years of playing this game I have never had so much as a warning. Sucking at League is practically a past time for me, I play Ranked exclusively and I love it, its fun. I'm Bronze II, I started in Iron IV and I'm certain to hit Silver before the season is out. You need to make peace with that.
: I've said this before and will say again if you're getting butt hurt over words, when you're playing an online competitive game then you really shouldn't be playing the game. Its funny how you can get a Perma for being toxic, while there are several options to mute some one, yet its near impossible to even get any sort of flags on your account for running it down mid/soft inting and trolling. Riot will never change their policy because it generates them more money to perma ban people and the easiest way to do that is through chat, as long as you don't speak you can soft int 50+ game's in a row and never receive a punishment.
> [{quoted}](name=Son of spartar,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=R3Yi2s4N,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-05-19T11:41:14.185+0000) > > I've said this before and will say again if you're getting butt hurt over words, when you're playing an online competitive game then you really shouldn't be playing the game. Its funny how you can get a Perma for being toxic, while there are several options to mute some one, yet its near impossible to even get any sort of flags on your account for running it down mid/soft inting and trolling. Riot will never change their policy because it generates them more money to perma ban people and the easiest way to do that is through chat, as long as you don't speak you can soft int 50+ game's in a row and never receive a punishment. I've gotten feedback that people were punished for games I have reported in which all the guy did was say "You suck, uninstall". So your wrong about that. Also if you really want to see a guy banned, you make a ticket, then their is a real person who is going to look at that game. That can get you banned as well. No one wants toxic players in their game, this isn't about being buttheard, this is just integrity and respect for the E-Sports community. You want to be a trash talking infant, go do it elsewhere.
mcheema4302 (EUNE)
: Permanent Bans
I didn't read the entire conversation here so this may have already been said but. 1. Multiple Reports do nothing The community is always getting this wrong, but getting multiple reports in a single game has ZERO impact on anything, it counts as "you were reported in this game".. period. So you never have to worry about people ganging up on you. 2. If your not Toxic and haven't broken any rules, reports do nothing You will not get banned "for nothing". As long as your following the rules, playing the game the best you know how and not trash talking, people can report you all they like, you have nothing to fear from them. Just maintain a positive tone, or no tone at all as in don't participate in chat. 3. Toxic Players are not wanted I think people fail to realize that your punishment isn't about how toxic you were, or how often you were toxic or whether or not you were toxic enough for X or Y punishment. RIOT doesn't want toxic players in their game and the automated system is designed to root these people out. As a courtesy they give you a chat restriction or 14 day ban initially to let you know. "Hey, your toxic, we don't want that in our game, knock it off". If you don't get the hint, they will perma ban you. It's really that simple. They don't care if you reform or not, they don't want to babysit you, they don't want you relapsing and ruining peoples games/days and sure as anything they don't want to administrate toxic players and deal with their BS. They want you out of their game. Personally I think when you get a suspension or a perma ban you should be allowed to buy your way back into the account. For a 14 day ban, you pay 14.95, for a 2-6 month ban you pay 59.95 and for a permaban you pay 99.95. You want to be a D-bag? No problem, you can pay for that privilege. RIOT makes money, good League Players get retribution on the toxic community knowing that their reports are going to cost these jerks money and the banned people have a method to get their accounts back if they want them so bad and they can either reform or find themselves paying for their accounts on a regular basis. Everyone Wins!
JustClone (EUNE)
: Your guessing is wrong. Saying the F/K 3 letter words is quite enough for 14, even by itself.
> [{quoted}](name=JustClone,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=O5EXQoM7,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-05-20T13:42:57.417+0000) > > Your guessing is wrong. > Saying the F/K 3 letter words is quite enough for 14, even by itself. I have no Idea what F/K even means.. French Kiss?
Simbàa (EUW)
: didn't receive my primary role (support) in the majority of normal games since patch 9.10
Its because of yum.... oh.. what everyone else said. This happens pretty much everytime there is a new champion, whatever role that is, everyone will be playing it. This time around its support. The other thing that always happens is that whatever team gets the new champ... its pretty much an auto-loss and this has been especially true with Yummi. Its quite literally a 4v5 in that situation until people learn to play her right. Which is why I'm a big advocate for banning new champions from Ranked play for at least 2 months after release. Take your practice games to Normal!
: > [{quoted}](name=LordBadToo,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Vcdh32Rt,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-20T06:12:22.998+0000) > > By design the system intends for you to plateau, meaning it will consistently put you in tougher and tougher matches until you stop winning. > > I personally agree that in Ranked play you should be matched up with players in your division, instead of where your mmr is. I find it strange for example that because of my mmr, I have to beat Silver IV players to climb from bronze II to bronze I. sometimes I even get matched up with silver 2-3 players and opponents. > > Because of this I have wildly swinging matches, check my match history. I go from dominante wins with 15+ kills and just 3-4 deaths scoring S’s and A’s, then suddenly I’m thrown into matches where I walk out with a 0/4 defeat where I spent the match just trying not to feed. > > I’m clearly not ready for Silver 3-4 skill wise, it’s why I’m Bronze 2 and could probably reach Bronze 1 if I was actually playing against Bronze players but as it is I’m barely holding on to Bronze 2 trying to fight of Silver players. > > Now it is working to make me a better player, as every match is crazy tough for me but I feel sorry for Silver players trying to climb in their divisions with me on their team. > > I get cursed at quite regularly because of tilting Silvers, often before the match even starts. Wait untill you get to promos. There you feel utter despair where you will only have trolls as teammates. That is a fact.
> [{quoted}](name=starkk1234,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Vcdh32Rt,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-20T09:18:55.474+0000) > > Wait untill you get to promos. There you feel utter despair where you will only have trolls as teammates. That is a fact. I don't think so, I climbed from IRON IV to BRONZE II and I know that I'm fully responsible for that climb, I pushed the teams I was assigned over the fence between Victory and Defeat, trolls, toxics, smurfs and all. I mean don't get me wrong the League community has its fair share of D-bags, but these low lifes are like cockroaches, you step on them and move on.
: My account got banned for no reason...
It depends what the swear word is (we can't see it), but generally speaking no one gets a 14 day suspension for doing something one time in one game unless the thing they did was over the top like something racial or homophobic. So the question is, what else did you do, not in this game but in past games and have you ever had a chat restriction before? If you just said one swear word in one game and you got a 14 day suspension for it, especially if it was not racist or something equally vile you could open a ticket and ask for a review. RIOT staff are very fair and generally very human, they don't want a reputation for being overly harsh, so you would have a chance of getting a early reinstatement. That said, I'm guessing this isn't your first offense, its just the one they nailed you for ... am I right?
Show more

LordBadToo

Level 55 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion