Oriyoki (EUW)
: Every champion can't do it, at least not by basically making attack animation disappear by 80%. There's no reason Yasuo would require all the mobility, sustain (shield), damage, etc while being able to animation cancel auto attacks by simply spamming Q as fast as he can.
> [{quoted}](name=Oriyoki,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Kbh9E9mU,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-06-22T10:33:51.098+0000) > > Every champion can't do it, at least not by basically making attack animation disappear by 80%. There's no reason Yasuo would require all the mobility, sustain (shield), damage, etc while being able to animation cancel auto attacks by simply spamming Q as fast as he can. Spamming Q doesn't sound like a viable strategy for canceling "80%" of his attack animation.
Oriyoki (EUW)
: What I think should be changed about Yasuo...
Every champion can animation cancel, it's a core mechanic of the game. Why should Yasuo be any different?
Lea Flamma (EUNE)
: Carrying as support
> I am a dedicated Sona player, although I do play Leona and Nami This right here. You cannot carry every game as every support, but you can carry more games with certain supports. If you want to get serious, throw out champions like Sona, Thresh and Nami. They're all arounders, utility kings and queens who do well when your team is doing well. But the problem is, when you're behind they have less ways to catch up than i.e. Zyra, Soraka, Janna. Easiest way to climb lower elo brackets as support is to simple hone your mechanics and win teamfights that way. Less thinking thinking required, use only a handfull (2-3) champions for this.
BucZOtwocka (EUNE)
: Sleeper OP champions and what causes them to awaken.
Nunu (jungle). Ardent Censer meta + Blood Boil. And Ivern nerfs.
: Why is yasuo considered hard to play?
He's not hard to play, but his skill cap is very high. There's numerous ways you can outplay your opponents as Yasuo, but noticing and abusing those situations (that might last half a second) takes experience, keen eye, and decent mechanical ability. Also, he's squishy as hell, so you actually have to plan ahead.
archerno1 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=NorthernRedStar,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=nYymEs3Q,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2017-06-15T14:08:58.768+0000) > > You're unranked. No wonder you're so naive. I was plat last season on this account. Atm i am focusing on my main account and my duo account(helping friend get to plat). I will get this one to plat before season ends so i dont bother with decay and playing each month.
> [{quoted}](name=archerno1,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=nYymEs3Q,comment-id=00010001000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-15T14:11:05.962+0000) > > I was plat last season on this account. Atm i am focusing on my main account and my duo account(helping friend get to plat). I will get this one to plat before season ends so i dont bother with decay and playing each month. In plat shit don't matter, when you play in diamond 3-1 MMR, you'll clearly see what I've stated is true. Unless you have Bjergsen himself on your team, of course.
icounter (EUW)
: Make Lee sin great again
The nerfs have rounded up Lee's playerbase. With only the good Lee players left, you see him fed every game he's in. This does speak volumes of how he doesn't need buffs, does it not?
MorroWtje (EUW)
: How 'strict' is Riot's stance on Negative Behaviour?
Based on my own behavior, I'd say pretty lax. As long as more than a few people don't report you, you should be fine. I trash talk and BM people constantly and gotten nothing in over a year.
: A Massage to all Elitists
What does this rant make you, exactly, then?
: 30 games and I am done - thanks to feeders
> I want to play a game where best player makes the diference, not the worst one.... This is league of legends in a nutshell, right here.
: Game freezes within 15 minute after the patch
They're really begging to cut their playerbase numbers with the new client and all its issues.
: it's your own fault for leaving or afk, just accept it this is your punishment.
> [{quoted}](name=Nemesis Reaper27,realm=EUW,application-id=VnI9tlaf,discussion-id=1Ke8LphT,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-05-22T16:46:26.304+0000) > > it's your own fault for leaving or afk, just accept it this is your punishment. Yeah the new client being buggy and crashing constantly is totally his fault.
: When are those Ahri nerfs coming?
Ahri is the Lee Sin of mid laners. Pick her anytime, anywhere, she'll be useful because her kit is just that strong and flexible.
: Da%%% is happening?
Coincidentally, I had constant lag spikes last game. Jumped from 40 to 100 all the time.
ProtexBG (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=NorthernRedStar,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=2bVscMNE,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-05-17T19:56:28.565+0000) > > You do realize the reason he hasn't gotten any buffs is him being massively overtuned at the release of his rework. His kit has everything and anything on top of ridiculous damage. His last 2(the armor and Q dmg) nerfs made 0 snce He had allready 48% winrate before them
> [{quoted}](name=ProtexBG,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=2bVscMNE,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2017-05-17T20:20:10.021+0000) > > His last 2(the armor and Q dmg) nerfs made 0 snce He had allready 48% winrate before them Win rate doesn't always correlate with accurate power scaling. You have to consider pick rate and the overall opinions and experience of people playing against him. Also, player-skill related factors.
KuroPu (EUW)
: Hey Supports!
No they don't, because utility support items have been buffed to the point where the shields and heals equal or out-do the raw damage AP supports are able to dish out. This is also the reason Zyra is getting buffed - it's too easy to play around conditional, aimed damage. You just have to adapt. In a farm lane with no kill pressure, you're always leading the enemy bot with an AP support. Because the later the game goes, the more efficient supports like Janna and Soraka become at carrying their team with all their damage reduction, regeneration and CC, because fights last longer and both of them generally build more CDR as the game goes on. Also, many mid laners benefit too much from being able to farm due to power spikes and raw snowball potential. Maokai is easy to play around if he goes bot. Nami was never designed to be a passive support like Janna. If you want a TL;DR: it's just a question of skill, and Riot has made utility supports' lives easier recently due to stronger scaling items.
: What about North africa players :) ?
Anything below 100 is perfectly playable, below 80 is fine even for relatively high elo.
xtimigui (EUW)
: Rakan and Xayah "fan art"
Very nice, you're making good progress already. I like it. Sent you a friend req. btw ^^
Arfa (EUW)
: Arabic Language for Arabic Players [ OUR LAST HOPE ]
They might consider it when arabs have conquered most of Europe in the following 100 years.
ProtexBG (EUNE)
: Riot Balance team vs Rengar
You do realize the reason he hasn't gotten any buffs is him being massively overtuned at the release of his rework. His kit has everything and anything on top of ridiculous damage.
Asher (EUW)
: Toxic person, just perm banned so can give a pretty good opinion. I am 18/19 and we are generally toxic because we get emotionally invested in the game way to much. Now I am not one of the toxic people that insults your family and all that. But in terms of calling people idiots etc I have done my fair share. There isn't a way to filter us out because we are generally not toxic in real life but our personalities when merged with league lead to frustration on our part. More often than not (for me anyway) I feel I have to let a bad player know they are doing bad (if it's costing the game). The real question, is if your getting flamed etc what is the reason for. I know people love taking the moral high ground in these situations and going all "There is no excuse for being toxic" however tell me. In real life when you do something stupid does someone point it out. Yes. In real life what do you do to stop this, stop being stupid or ask for the person who called you stupid to leave. Now in terms of the strong flamers (cancer, etc) they can be anyone. Adults like to pretend they are all mature and that only man children are immature. But let me tell you this. At what age did you wake up and realise you were completely different to your 18 year old self. There isn't a time. You are just forced to act mature when at work etc. You will find most adults once they get home can be pretty loony.
> [{quoted}](name=Asher,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=sHUhJ9t6,comment-id=0002000100010001,timestamp=2017-05-17T14:08:25.223+0000) > > Toxic person, just perm banned so can give a pretty good opinion. I am 18/19 and we are generally toxic because we get emotionally invested in the game way to much. Now I am not one of the toxic people that insults your family and all that. But in terms of calling people idiots etc I have done my fair share. > > There isn't a way to filter us out because we are generally not toxic in real life but our personalities when merged with league lead to frustration on our part. More often than not (for me anyway) I feel I have to let a bad player know they are doing bad (if it's costing the game). > > The real question, is if your getting flamed etc what is the reason for. I know people love taking the moral high ground in these situations and going all "There is no excuse for being toxic" however tell me. In real life when you do something stupid does someone point it out. Yes. In real life what do you do to stop this, stop being stupid or ask for the person who called you stupid to leave. > > Now in terms of the strong flamers (cancer, etc) they can be anyone. Adults like to pretend they are all mature and that only man children are immature. But let me tell you this. At what age did you wake up and realise you were completely different to your 18 year old self. There isn't a time. You are just forced to act mature when at work etc. > > You will find most adults once they get home can be pretty loony. Damn, this guy is actually wise for his age. Good post.
Teejoon (EUW)
: I'd say play Leona/Braum full tank if your team need as a tank or someone that could engage. Play Sona and be a tanky heal bot. I don't know it the tanky part still works. But it did when I played her in season 2/3 in silver ELO and it worked well back then. Sona still works with her healing. Play Zyra/Brand/Vel'Kos if your team need damage. Play Lulu cause she is just too good right now.
> [{quoted}](name=Teejoon,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=AsE9hWE0,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-05-17T13:49:42.495+0000) > > I'd say play Leona/Braum full tank if your team need as a tank or someone that could engage. Play Sona and be a tanky heal bot. I don't know it the tanky part still works. But it did when I played her in season 2/3 in silver ELO and it worked well back then. Sona still works with her healing. Play Zyra/Brand/Vel'Kos if your team need damage. Play Lulu cause she is just too good right now. No. No. No. Sona has nothing you want in climbing elo. If you want a heal bot, go for Soraka who is superior in lane control and CC. I'd rarely pick Braum in low elo. Same with Leona. Your team has no brain, don't act like they can follow up properly. Play supports who can - independently carry a lane - require least effort on your team's part - shine in teamfights and skirmishes. Granted, I used Taric to smurf to diamond in 90 games, but still.
DarkG0d (EUNE)
: Lets talk about toxicity
Use the mute button if you don't like what you're hearing. Or just accept that you're doing something wrong YOURSELF.
ItSkip (EUW)
: Supporting in low ELO
Your champion picks are the problem. Quit playing Blitzcrank until you reach gold elo. Quit playing Rakan altogether. Play Maokai, Zyra, (maybe) Soraka. If your mechanics are as good as you claim, you should have no trouble carrying with these 3.
: JANNNA CANT GET S- OR HIGHER
Just got S in my last game with Janna. You might want to start applying some actual DPS and healing for your team. The system doesn't award you good grade for sitting back and playing for KDA.
: whats fizz all about,op or what?
Riot has effectively removed all of Fizz's weaknesses, is it a wonder he's finally become top-tier ban again? Too much wave clear, CC, and free dodges in one package. And he even has 3 spells that strike in an AoE now.
Riot tmx (EUW)
: DirectX Bug Causing Players to be Unable to Reconnect to Games
This bug is still around and worse than before...
: I just realized why people hate us so much for our Elo... it's because of SOME people...
No one hates low people. Doesn't mean we have to like you, either.
Enjutsu (EUNE)
: Well people have been talking a long time how season 3 was athe best, so Riot heard theyr cries and are giving evryone a taste of it.
> [{quoted}](name=Enjutsu,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=GvHkm3dA,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-05-15T06:27:12.971+0000) > > Well people have been talking a long time how season 3 was athe best, so Riot heard theyr cries and are giving evryone a taste of it. Kassadin was permabanned back then.
shamshamm (EUW)
: *nod nod* I see i see , thanks for not going crazy missinterpretting what i said :v
> [{quoted}](name=shamshamm,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=EzNnkuXq,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2017-05-16T03:01:40.747+0000) > > *nod nod* > > I see i see , thanks for not going crazy missinterpretting what i said :v I was trying to keep my personal bias in check, as I hate laning against Jannas. Sure, my ADC is leading the lane by 20-30 cs at 5 and 10 minutes respectively, but the lane itself is extremely boring. Most of the time the players just don't do anything. It's like they're tossing a coin: either my team is bad and I lose, or my team is good and I help them carry. Never "I will carry this game by doing action X at location Y". There's a reason I hate reactive supports. And no, Soraka is not a reactive support.
: > [{quoted}](name=NorthernRedStar,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=EzNnkuXq,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-05-16T02:51:14.938+0000) > > There's nothing here that a player owning a normal brain couldn't do. The only difference is, things like this are far easier to do on Janna than other supports. > > You can't compare Janna to Tryndamere or Zed in any way. Yes I can. Zed and Tryndamere are champions where if you perfectly predict people, bait their abilities and make them run into situations they THINK benefit them but end up with you getting kills and/or remaining alive then you 'carry' with these champs. Mechanics and other things with a Zed and Tryndamere are not how they win (I know Zed is much more mechanically difficult than a Trynda and a Janna but the mechanics of a Zed are like one eighth as impactful as the Zed's ability to bait/kite/juke people. He carries by making the other carry not carry, this is EXACTLY what Tryndamere is designed for and exactly the way that Janna supports. Janna is designed to make the other support feel worthless so yes you are right she's a counterpick by nature.
> [{quoted}](name=Bot Game Smurf,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=EzNnkuXq,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-05-16T02:58:02.583+0000) > > Yes I can. Zed and Tryndamere are champions where if you perfectly predict people, bait their abilities and make them run into situations they THINK benefit them but end up with you getting kills and/or remaining alive then you 'carry' with these champs. Mechanics and other things with a Zed and Tryndamere are not how they win (I know Zed is much more mechanically difficult than a Trynda and a Janna but the mechanics of a Zed are like one eight as impactful as the Zed's ability to bait/kite/juke people. He carries by making the other carry not carry, this is EXACTLY what Tryndamere is designed for and exactly the way that Janna supports. Janna is designed to make the other support feel worthless so yes you are right she's a counterpick by nature. There's actually multiple ways to carry with Zed, mostly one way with Tryndamere. Tryndamere is all about setting things up. Zed can be this amongst other things. There's a reason Tryndamere is called one-dimensional pick and Zed is considered to a high-skill cap mid laner. And I assure you, you can carry with pure mechanics on both of those champions. Never once has Janna made me feel worthless. She's annoying by design, that's it. Lastly, Janna is hardly the only champion requiring predicting to be played to the best of their ability. She just gets punished far less because 1) she's not a priority focus target like Soraka or Zyra, 2) she only has one skill-shot, 3) she's extremely fast.
shamshamm (EUW)
: Janna feels super weak
As for the actual OPENING POST. That's in the nature of Janna. She's not a support you pick to carry games like you do with Thresh, Blitzcrank, Zyra or Soraka. She's strictly a good counterpick. Anything else is just hoping that your teammates carry you, because other supports are far more proactive than Janna. Janna doesn't carry games, she helps other competent players carry. If you lack those in your team, you're better off with other supports. This is why Janna is so popular amongst duos where the ADC boosts the support player. Safe, absent-minded pick with no high mechanical requirements. You're not leading, you're getting lead on.
: > [{quoted}](name=NorthernRedStar,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=EzNnkuXq,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-05-16T02:41:55.236+0000) > > Both have cancerous amounts of hidden power. Absolutely. Nami too. This is what a utility support is great at; subtlety.
> [{quoted}](name=Bot Game Smurf,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=EzNnkuXq,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-05-16T02:44:35.423+0000) > > Absolutely. Nami too. This is what a utility support is great at; subtlety. Nami's power is very much visible, but she has to juggle her mana usage far more than Janna. And Nami is a not a pure utility champion, she's a jack of all trades like Thresh.
: > [{quoted}](name=NorthernRedStar,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=EzNnkuXq,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-05-16T02:40:23.089+0000) > > Do you even play Janna? She only loses her extra MS after she uses her W. Her base movement speed is already ridiculously high. There's nothing particularly difficult about Janna, even if Janna mains keep insisting she's "the hardest support to play at the absolute best level". %%%%ing cut the crap, she's a not a support any confident support mains play all the time, because she's not a carry -type of support. She's a counterpick. Janna is to supports what Tryndamere is to Top, is what Shaco is to jungle, what Zed is to Mid. She is a champion where what differentiates a 'broken Janna' from a 'useless Janna' is how good at mind-gaming she is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcmR3WwQ20M
> [{quoted}](name=Bot Game Smurf,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=EzNnkuXq,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-05-16T02:44:04.340+0000) > > Janna is to supports what Tryndamere is to Top, is what Shaco is to jungle, what Zed is to Mid. She is a champion where what differentiates a 'broken Janna' from a 'useless Janna' is how good at mind-gaming she is. > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcmR3WwQ20M There's nothing here that a player owning a normal brain couldn't do. The only difference is, things like this are far easier to do on Janna than other supports. You can't compare Janna to Tryndamere or Zed in any way.
Røkas (EUW)
: Why is everyone in Diamond constantly tilted? xD
They aren't, they're just trash for the most part. Bad players being boosted either via a duo partner or purchase via money.
: Can you explain to me the utility of animation cancel?
Spares time. Time is efficiency. Efficiency is DPS and objectives. And it's both flashy and unpredictable.
: thresh and janna are both 'weak', they support with utility not 'power'. Nami is the same.
> [{quoted}](name=Bot Game Smurf,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=EzNnkuXq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-05-16T02:10:11.699+0000) > > thresh and janna are both 'weak', they support with utility not 'power'. Nami is the same. Both have cancerous amounts of hidden power.
kiwishrew (EUW)
: I think in terms of game-play, Janna is equally as impactful as any of the other champions you mentioned (and ultimately more so if used to her full extent). The only real difference is that she isn't as "flashy", and lacks vibrant particles. This may make her _appear_ less impactful, purely on the basis that she isn't dashing about or turning people into squirrels or throwing out giant heals (except with her ult). So that's my view: she probably _appears_ less impactful because her kit is simple and her particle effects are less vibrant than those of the other champions mentioned. Janna is a very passive support as well, whereas the others you've mentioned are far more aggressive and active in general (perhaps with the exception of Soraka, but even she can poke rather effectively).
> [{quoted}](name=kiwishrew,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=EzNnkuXq,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-05-16T02:22:35.815+0000) > > I think in terms of game-play, Janna is equally as impactful as any of the other champions you mentioned (and ultimately more so if used to her full extent). The only real difference is that she isn't as "flashy", and lacks vibrant particles. This may make her _appear_ less impactful, purely on the basis that she isn't dashing about or turning people into squirrels or throwing out giant heals (except with her ult). > > So that's my view: she probably _appears_ less impactful because her kit is simple and her particle effects are less vibrant than those of the other champions mentioned. Janna is a very passive support as well, whereas the others you've mentioned are far more aggressive and active in general (perhaps with the exception of Soraka, but even she can poke rather effectively). Soraka is an aggressive support.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jesperr101,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=EzNnkuXq,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-05-16T02:28:08.905+0000) > > Them insec ults are hard to pull off. > > But honestly, what mechanic does Janna have that's hard to understand? Shielding people and towers at the exact moment where a 'burst' is about to come from the enemy, then slowing them AFTER they bursted into the shielding with the tornado so that not only are their abilities etc on cd but they now are forced to take damage amongst other things. Positioning very well BEFORE tornados as movement speed is heavily nerfed on her while it's on cd. There's so much to think about.
> [{quoted}](name=Bot Game Smurf,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=EzNnkuXq,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-05-16T02:30:53.554+0000) > > Shielding people and towers at the exact moment where a 'burst' is about to come from the enemy, then slowing them AFTER they bursted into the shielding with the tornado so that not only are their abilities etc on cd but they now are forced to take damage amongst other things. Positioning very well BEFORE tornados as movement speed is heavily nerfed on her while it's on cd. There's so much to think about. Do you even play Janna? She only loses her extra MS after she uses her W. Her base movement speed is already ridiculously high. There's nothing particularly difficult about Janna, even if Janna mains keep insisting she's "the hardest support to play at the absolute best level". %%%%ing cut the crap, she's a not a support any confident support mains play all the time, because she's not a carry -type of support. She's a counterpick.
: Riven can have animation cancels but graves can't have a ..... animation cancel?
I doubt the elo most rioters play in even has any Graves players doing any form of animation cancels lmao. Graves is getting gutted again and again, but where are the Ivern and Lee Sin nerfs? Why destroy a champion's skill cap and make him both uninteresting to play and watch.
Foxynerdy (EUW)
: Trouble with hitting Karma's Q (As support)
Make sure the lane is either in the middle or pushing in your favor. It's a lot to do with simply being able to position favorably and punishing enemy overextending. Practise using it without quick cast, until you can cast it nearly as fast without.
Allosen (EUW)
: What exactly does it take to get an S Rank as Support ?
It's insanely easy. You just focus on dying less and making sure you're useful while being alive.
Biuvoc (EUW)
: OMG VAYNE W 2000 DMG...Legit
Vayne sucks hairy monkey balls. The worst ADC for the first 20 minutes by far, and not necessarily even good beyond that. Too team composition -dependant.
: dodge the e, problem solved. ;-)
> [{quoted}](name=A Red Herring,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=EJaQIL4H,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-04-28T20:25:56.960+0000) > > dodge the e, problem solved. ;-) Kinda hard when the chain missile speed is above average, and both the width and length are longer than a hunger year.
: My friend has quit... Great...
My best friend quit the game ages ago. Didn't bother me at all. There's much more to friendship than playing one game together, lol. If you're feeling this strongly about it, maybe it's time you reconsider your relationship with league yourself?
: New Client crashes when tabbing out
How is this even close to a finished product lol?
Rioter Comments
Hamze2011 (EUW)
: Fiora hard to play?
She has no skill-shots, tool for every situation and insane mobility. Make what you will of that.
: Lucian is not that mechanically intense, you just have to not be %%%%%%ed unlike me and not randomly E into enemy team...
> [{quoted}](name=I suck at Jhin,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=8lf4I01H,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2017-03-20T11:45:19.925+0000) > > Lucian is not that mechanically intense, you just have to not be %%%%%%ed unlike me and not randomly E into enemy team... Actually, Lucian is mechanically far more intense than most AD carries. His current BotRK state just has it so the player doesn't have to even know how to play him to be effective.
: the unkillable Xin Zhao !! blade of the rune king buffs ?!
BotRK is only healthy if it stays a niche tank killer. The current one is just way too cost-efficient.
Show more

NorthernRedStar

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion