Silent Note (EUNE)
: There's a reason you have a chance to dodge a game. High elo/challenger players also dodge every now and then. And I don't think it's really "abusing" the system. I don't care about the strength of the given champion, I only care about the gameplay itself. I don't want to play boring champions like Rammus or Kassadin. Fiddlesticks, Maokai and Swain are all very good champions in ARAM, but I don't have fun playing them at all. Why would I play a game as someone I don't enjoy playing? If I dodge, I don't cause harm to anyone. They need to wait like 15 more seconds in queue, and they also get their rerolls back. What the other players lose is like 9*1.5 minutes with queue and champ select included, which is 13.5 minutes, and what I would lose is 20-30 minutes of my time. You can see that everyone else's expenses combined are still less than what I lose. I play the game because I want to have fun, and not because I want to win. Games are fun for me regardless of winning or losing, the gameplay itself is what matters. And when I get a boring champion, I just don't enjoy it. About your ranked example: If I want to play someone strong and I'm not first pick, then I understand you banning that champion. It's totally okay to ban someone else's champion if they're not first pick and you don't want to play against that champion. On the other hand if you banned my champion just for fun, or because they wanted me to dodge, I'll still just play the game out with another champion and not help the troll in-game, while still trying to win.
"On the other hand if you banned my champion just for fun, or because they wanted me to dodge, I'll still just play the game out with another champion and not help the troll in-game, while still trying to win." And this is exactly what you are not doing, when you dodge an ARAM. Because your champion pool (of "fun" champions or whatever you want to call an acceptable roll for you) was "banned", aka not available in the pool.
Silent Note (EUNE)
: People who dodge also lose the rerolls they used, while others get it back. I literally never had a problem with someone dodging in ARAM, not even when I got a good champion. Here are the reasons I may dodge an ARAM game: 1) It tends to happen that someone wants me to reroll maybe I can bring a better champion for them to use, I reroll, someone steals the champion I had first, and I'm left with some garbage, and I also can't switch champions, because I don't own the other ones. 2) Other times someone in my team gets my OTP champion, and they don't want to swap with me, even though my name and club name refers to the champion. 3) I'm bored playing but I still want to farm the tokens, so I make a rule for myself: while I'm getting champions I enjoy playing, I play ARAM, and when it's a champion I don't want to play, I dodge and do something else. 4) I realised I forgot to do something IRL and I have to get to that. I think 15 minutes and then increasing punishment is fair, there's like 1 in 5 games where someone dodges, and that ratio actually isn't bad at all. In normals people dodge way more often.
You can do whatever you want. But making rules for yourself like "I'll only actually play if I get x" or something like that is clearly abusing the system. Thar's the problem here and that's why this thread exists. Your point 4 is completely valid. Anybody can occasionally have to dodge due to some real life events coming up. But as for the other 3 reasons.. dodging because you don't feel like playing after you see what champions are available to you is not acceptable. When you queue up for the game you are agreeing to play the game mode. And abusing Riots System to get "luckier" at the expense of everybody else is what bothers me. So what if you made a thread about someone abusing the system in ranked. Like say someone banned your champion despite you hovering it and I came along saying: yeah sure I do that all the time. I have lots of reasons to do it: 1. I felt like banning his champion 2. I thought it was funny 3. I wanted to make him dodge 4. I just don't understand how to play with that champ on my team It doesn't suddenly make it a valid action. Its still against the summoners code when you have fun at the expense of others. You might actually have legitimate reasons to do it (like your forth reason), but that doesn't mean that any reason is fine. Nor does it mean that the system is fine. Lots of things work decently sure. But that doesn't mean they can't be improved. Also no. Im my experience people do not dodge Normals way more often than ARAM. Not even close. I don't have any statistics. But I have been playing a lot of ARAMs to farm tokens too lately. And no way do people even nearly dodge Normals as much as they dodge ARAMs.
Baka Red (EUNE)
: Oh, so if I get some super ARAM champion, but the rest of the team sucks, I can dodge and keep my champion? Are you sure that won't be abused? ;) Fyi; It isn't possible to code a "keep champion" to ARAM dodges that would not be abused. There are in practice three ways that could be done, and all can be abused. System 1: the one you suggest; the dodger would keep his champion, everyone else would get random champion. Abuse case: Get super champion, dodge to get better team around you. System 2: the dodger (&premade) rerolls, everyone else keeps their champion. Abuse case: Got a bad champion->Dodge and get rid of it. Everyone else would have to keep their champion; good or bad one. System 3: everyone keeps their champion if someone dodges; Abuse case: System 1 abuse applies here. Additional penalty is that the ones with poor champions will have to keep theirs too. Also, all of the systems above result in longer queue times, since there would be multiple "random" locked in champions in queue, that cannot be put in same match. System 4: The current one; nobody keeps their champion. No abuse. Once you see your champion in loading screen, you know you are most likely going to be playing that champion, not before that.
Hi there Baka Red. You are right about the dodging to get a better team. But at least it's less likely to occur than someone dodging because their not happy with their champion. People are mainly focused only on themselves after all. Also yes there will always be ways to abuse it in some way. But saying "No abuse" is falsely representing the current system, as it is also regularly being abused by people dodging when they get an unsatisfactory roll. You cannot abuse the knowledge of the champion you would get, but you can clearly and easily abuse the system to never play a champion you don't feel like playing. I have proposed other ideas in the past too, like an EXP debuff for playing after dodging. So you would get less or no EXP depending on how many games you dodged prior. (Obviously Summoner EXP in case anybody was questioning that..) [Link to that thread](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/jHIe7ApZ-stacking-0-exp-penalty-for-dodging-aram) What are you're thoughts on that one? And thanks for your response. You obviously put some thought into this reply and I appreciate that. Thanks for your time and have a nice day. :)
Silent Note (EUNE)
: I mean... The reason someone would dodge in ARAM is that they don't like the champion they get, so what you're saying doesn't make much sense. Also if that was the case, people would just keep dodging nonstop to annoy other people, because they don't have to wait before queueing up again.
Yes. If someone dodges it's usually because they don't want to play any of the available champions. Obviously that's why I'm arguing they should have to play it anyway in respect to the game mode and in respect to other peoples rolls. Riot gave you rerolls for when you really don't wanna play a champion. In addition you even get to use the champions other players reroll too now. But it's just not enough. People still have to leave champ select when they don't get lucky enough to roll the champion they want to play. They're dodging the game they literally just agreed to participating in a minute sooner. And that is just abusing the system. And that is why I'm proposing an alternative. I honestly don't care if you keep the time penalty too. But I am saying that it's not doing it's job good enough by itself. As for your second half. I have to assume you didn't understand my proposal in the first place. First of all. Of course multiple dodges would be followed up with further restrictions. Just as it is now. People cant continuously dodge ARAM now either. If you keep on dodging the penalty doesn't stay at 15 minutes. It increases the more you do it. And second of all, what would the purpose be to keep dodging when you keep getting the same champion? If you say to fk over other people, yeah sure, but that is possible now too. People don't do that, because their accounts would eventually get banned.
Rioter Comments
: >- That chat system could let anyone opt out from receiving messages from players that are let's say 3/2/1 levels below their chat level. This can't be added. It would create even more god complexes where people would automatically ignore people on lower honor levels and that's not fair at all for the other player. The /mute all players are already obnoxious to play with because they ignore every call their team makes. your system would make other people ignore others just because they don't play the game as much. Not a valid suggestion i'm afraid. And you should base your judgement about ignoring a player on their current behavior, not the past behavior. >Keep the current honor system where you honor one teammate every game, but add an additional option to give kudos to players (ally or enemy) who actually make the league experience better. One you have to go out of your way to actually appreciate a player. Not many people will use this system, but those people who actually do get recognized by could receive some actual benefits, like more honor rewards for example. Commending enemies is a fine idea but it HAS TO be separate from the honor system. It needs a system of its own. People honor trolls in the enemy team and that is why it can't be tied to the honor system. And definitely don't receive more rewards for it. Rewarding trolls is not a good thing. That system would have to be completely optional and not tied to rewards. >- Add chat macros you can setup. For example you could use the F5 to F8 keys as jungler to say things like: "I'm ganking." or "I'm invading." or "Drake soon." or whatever you wanna use for your role. (Not spamable ofc.) They have to be spammable (to an extent). People don't notice those messages without a spam. Just like a missing ping, a retreat ping and pinging for dragon, you have to spam them to actually get your teammate's attention. The surrender vote thing is what i have come up with too and i'd like to see it happen. It would remove the tilt caused by surrender vote spams.
> This can't be added. It would create even more god complexes where people would automatically ignore people on lower honor levels and that's not fair at all for the other player. The /mute all players are already obnoxious to play with because they ignore every call their team makes. your system would make other people ignore others just because they don't play the game as much. Not a valid suggestion i'm afraid. And you should base your judgement about ignoring a player on their current behavior, not the past behavior. As I mentioned it doesn't have to be tied to honor. It could have it's own scale and separated. The goal is to train the system to look for actual toxic behavior instead of just negative chat remarks. > Commending enemies is a fine idea but it HAS TO be separate from the honor system. It needs a system of its own. People honor trolls in the enemy team and that is why it can't be tied to the honor system. And definitely don't receive more rewards for it. Rewarding trolls is not a good thing. That system would have to be completely optional and not tied to rewards. I agree. That's why I called it another system. One few people would use. But your point is still valid, you would have to keep the threshold so high that nobody can abuse it. > They have to be spammable (to an extent). People don't notice those messages without a spam. Just like a missing ping, a retreat ping and pinging for dragon, you have to spam them to actually get your teammate's attention. Well instead they could be bigger, since the chat length would be limited. Or maybe have a distinguishable ping sound when they pop up. Not sure. But I get your point. > It would remove the tilt caused by surrender vote spams. 100% agree. That's the goal.
: >If someone was being obviously toxic by the current means, yes then they get punished immediately. No, even when a report is valid, the system doesn't always punish them immediately because there are multiple levels of toxicity. >If someone gets reported a lot, without the system recognizing an obvious toxic behavior that it would already punish, then the only reason left for it to stand out is the amount of reports. And when one account get reported a lot, despite not being toxic the system can still take action. Yes but just like the singed case, it demands A LOT of reports. Way way more than anyone would typically get so it's obvious they did something wrong. That also means that those many "false" report aren't actually false. > Like in the case of the Smite Singed Support player. He wasn't toxic, he won significantly more than he lost, he communicated with his team before and during the game. And yet the system flagged him, because people just don't like it when you play something off meta like that. Apparently you didn't actually look into that case very well. He lost way more games than he won. His wins as singed were as a top lane singed while he lost a lot with his support singed style. He didn't communicate WITH his team, he communicated AT his team, which is one of the reasons he got punished. >Sadly in that case the person who audited the case issued a punishment. Actually the automated system punished him and after that his case was reviewed and confirmed that the punishment was valid.
> No, even when a report is valid, the system doesn't always punish them immediately because there are multiple levels of toxicity. Yes that's why in the next sentence i wrote: recognizing an obvious toxic behavior that it would already punish. Not everything toxic is punished and i am aware. Perception plays a big role here. So you cant just go around willy-nilly punishing every little mishap. > That also means that those many "false" report aren't actually false. Of course they were false. Getting banned for playing something off meta is wrong. He was clearly trying to win every game. It wouldn't even matter if he had like a 40% win rate on singed and was bronze 4. As long as he is actually trying his best, which he clearly was, there is no reason to ban him. No matter how many report he collects. > Apparently you didn't actually look into that case very well. He lost way more games than he won. His wins as singed were as a top lane singed while he lost a lot with his support singed style. He didn't communicate WITH his team, he communicated AT his team, which is one of the reasons he got punished. Actually I did. It may have been some time ago, but I was actually interested in the case. And yes, that's how Riot excused the ban back in the day, calling it "AT" instead of "WITH". But it's not so simple and nowadays Riot even clearly says that what matters is that you try your best. They even support trying out off meta thing in their current preseason video. Even things that make no logical sense like 6 wits ends... He had a strategy that made sense. He explained it to his teammates, every single game. How many games do you go in to champ select explaining your strategy? He didn't force anybody to play something other than what they wanted to. He didn't force anyone to play a role they didn't want to. But his teammates did. His teammates tried to force him to play something he didn't want to. His teammates didn't try to work with him, while he at least tried to work with them. And that's the problem with the case.
Forsaken1 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=SeanGoku,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=nvLruIjw,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-12-04T20:21:49.284+0000) > **Gameplay:** > - Change the surrender vote to a surrender switch. So you can switch to: I want to forfeit. And as soon as the threshold is reached then the vote pops up and everyone gets a last change to change their mind or not. This way people can't abuse the system to spam these votes during team fights and alike. This system seems promising, I definitely want this to be temporarily tested Of course if 3 people are yes and 2 people are no and to those two connection crashes for a split second, it would instantly surrender, so there most definitely would be some flaws that need to be looked up upon But I like the idea :3 {{summoner:14}}
No no, you misunderstood. It doesn't surrender immediately. It triggers the vote when the threshold is reached. So as soon as lets say these 2 players disconnect and the switch jumps to 3/3 it would trigger the vote you know today. The game doesn't just end as soon as the 4/5 people switch to a yes. It just triggers the vote you know today. And lets say that vote goes 2/3 then 3 switches will be set back to no.
Last Light (EUNE)
: Don't use ARAM as an example, it's a completely random game mode that doesn't really encapsulate what this game is. The community is shite, we all know that, but if you base your observation off an ARAM game then you are missing the point. ARAM toxicity is random, in more mainstream game modes it's a lot more consistent, if people are annoying you this much then you need to be muting them more and playing for yourself, having any sort of communication with a toxic player is counterproductive after all. Your idea on the surrender vote change may sound good in theory but it will damage the game in the long run. Even now people surrender too fast for a game that they think is lost but can turn around easily only because they gave up. Your idea would only reinforce a defeatist mentality that damages this game terribly and leads to more throws. You don't like being spammed a surrender vote, that's understandable but you need to understand that this happens because people are immature and not because there's something inherently wrong with the current surrender system. A lot of games are lost because people don't want to try to win which makes them perform worse even if they don't realise it. Your idea with making them choose that they want the game to end will only make this worse, it will push them even further from trying to play a losing game into just goading others to flip the switch just so it would end. At least with the current system, a player who hit yes may reconsider for a moment and get his head back into the game. My point is, making surrendering easier is a bad idea because people will now be even more eager to surrender instead of thinking how the game could be won. I have too many experiences of this to even consider your idea as a possible solution, I'm sorry. The macros you mention to be added already exist more or less with the ping selection, making it more complicated for the sake of some minute added clarity is unnecessary. Chat levels are simply a bad idea. Either you get restricted or nothing, there's no reason to make the system even more complicated, it won't help anyone. The idea of silencing people who are below you in chat level is also bad, muting is much more simple and efficient. Dodge options are a bad idea. Dodging is never acceptable, ever. Is someone being toxic? Just mute them and keep playing, it's that simple. A system that actually excuses dodging as long as you have some way to cover yourself up will make the community more toxic. No dodging, ever, I can't stress this enough. I've won games where people were toxic simply because I muted them and kept my head straight. I can't support the idea for more report options either. More ways to report may mean that toxic players can get punished but immature players can also use that to the detriment of those who aren't toxic in the usual sense. A month ago I received a 10 game chat restriction because I was jungling and my team blamed me for losing the game. Of course they reported me for verbal abuse when the worst things I said were "your lane isn't my responsibility" or "I can't help you all at the same time". Hell, the chat log I was shown when I logged in even included some of the positive stuff I said like "good luck" or "we can still win". But I still got punished just because enough people reported me for being abusive even when one of them was worse to the point of wishing cancer in chat. My only mistake was that I didn't mute them and played for myself. But to the point: more tools means more ways of abuse, the changes need to be meaningful in order for that to work. My answer to you is this: you need to learn to block people out when you play. If they're being toxic then mute them without second thought. There will always be bad games but you need to learn not to let other players get to you so easily. Just my 2 cents.
Hi there Last Night. Let me explain in more detail so you can understand my though process behind my decisions better. First of all, I intentionally chose an ARAM game as example. You see ARAM is supposed to be a fun mode compared to Ranked or even a normal 5v5 game on Summoners Rift. It's supposed to be a far less pressured environment where practically nothing is at stake. You don't lose LP and you can't even be blames for your champion pick, because its Random and there might not be a champion your good at in the pool. But despite all this, people still get so mad that they go out of their way to intentionally ruin the game for everyone. It's like someone going on a rampage, because someone else bumped into him an he dropped his ice cream. I didn't pick it for being very relatable, but because it's so extreme un incomparable to the past years. So as for the surrender vote: > Even now people surrender too fast for a game that they think is lost but can turn around easily only because they gave up. 100% agree on that. > At least with the current system, a player who hit yes may reconsider for a moment and get his head back into the game. My point is, making surrendering easier is a bad idea because people will now be even more eager to surrender instead of thinking how the game could be won. I have too many experiences of this to even consider your idea as a possible solution, I'm sorry. But I absolutely disagree on this. You see psychology teaches us that having to face a decision more and more times nags at you and makes you give in easier over time. So let me give you an example: Someone is raging and wants the game to end asap while the other 4 just want to play out the game. **Current system:** First vote: clear no. 1/4. People know they wanna continue and aren't bugged by it. Second vote: might still be a 1/4 but some are reconsidering. They probably notice the intentionally bad plays by the player who has already given up because the first vote changed their focus. Third vote: 3/2. People are fed up with the guy who keeps on afk farming until the enemies pick him up just so he can start another vote. Forth vote: 4/1. the game ends. They finally gave up on the game, because they were constantly reminded that the one guy wants to give up. **Switch system:** First vote: Doesn't happen. Nobody even notices that the one guy wants to surrender. Second/Third vote: Still nothing happens. The guy might be asking in chat, but if he actually gets annoying you can just mute that. If 4 players do decide to switch to surrender, then the game will trigger the vote and give everyone the chance to reconsider, Like the current vote. You encounter the decision once instead of 4 times in this example. And the average encounter rate would be far lower too, because you need everyone to come to the decision to surrender on their own. You see that guy raging might not be convinced to play at his best, but at least he can't drag down the rest of the team. And the chances of them coming back into the game, when only one player is tilted is much higher than if the one player who is frustrated gets all the attention tilting the rest of the team. And if you do manage to get back into the game, its much more likely for the tilted player to try again too. > The macros you mention to be added already exist more or less with the ping selection, making it more complicated for the sake of some minute added clarity is unnecessary. I disagree. There are things you can't say with pings alone. Currently things like "Please ward here"(followed by a ping). Or "Jungler here". Or "Lets prep for baron". Or "I'll initiate when my ult is up". There are l a lot of things you could use the macros for depending on your role in the game. > Dodge options are a bad idea. Dodging is never acceptable, ever. Is someone being toxic? Just mute them and keep playing, it's that simple. A system that actually excuses dodging as long as you have some way to cover yourself up will make the community more toxic. No dodging, ever, I can't stress this enough. I've won games where people were toxic simply because I muted them and kept my head straight. I hate dodging too man. But people will do it regardless. You will never be able to stop someone from just going offline. And i NEVER said it would excuse dodging. I specifically remarked that this is not the case. I don't see where you get the idea I would want to excuse anyone. If at all I would increase the punishments, as i mentioned in the ARAM dodging example. You as the person that dodged would have no direct benefit from a system that allows you to give a reason for your dodge. It only helps improve the system so it can punish people who try to make others dodge in champ select. > I can't support the idea for more report options either. More ways to report may mean that toxic players can get punished but immature players can also use that to the detriment of those who aren't toxic in the usual sense. A month ago I received a 10 game chat restriction because I was jungling and my team blamed me for losing the game. Of course they reported me for verbal abuse when the worst things I said were "your lane isn't my responsibility" or "I can't help you all at the same time". Hell, the chat log I was shown when I logged in even included some of the positive stuff I said like "good luck" or "we can still win". But I still got punished just because enough people reported me for being abusive even when one of them was worse to the point of wishing cancer in chat. My only mistake was that I didn't mute them and played for myself. But to the point: more tools means more ways of abuse, the changes need to be meaningful in order for that to work. If you are actually innocent and the report system falsely flagged your account you can simply go to riot support and create a ticket. Because things like "your lane isn't my responsibility" or "I can't help you all at the same time" are not banable. It doesn't matter how often you get reported for this. Unless you actually fk up in some way you don't get banned. And so if that is actually all you said and you didn't troll in other ways the chat doesn't pick up, you will clearly get your chat restriction lifted. Riot keeps all chat logs for at least 3 months AFAIK. There will always be false positives but Riot does a good job to keep these to a minimum. The system is not perfect and never will be. But the more information it has, the more accurate it can become. > My answer to you is this: you need to learn to block people out when you play. If they're being toxic then mute them without second thought. There will always be bad games but you need to learn not to let other players get to you so easily. Just my 2 cents. Believe me. I do. I have a macro on my mouse for full mute. "/fullmute all" And i frequently use it. But it doesn't stop people from inting. It doesn't stop people from going AFK or building ap on Zed. You can mute the chat all day or not. Honestly I don't really care what the fk people use the chat for. But there are things you can't ignore. And the ban system needs to be trained for these things too, not just for chat violations.
Nðrth (EUW)
: I would like to have a summoner name from an account that hasn't played a game since 2016
Hi there. Here is the Support article regarding your question: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201751914 Interesting part for you: "Each Summoner name will earn an additional month of inactivity protection for each Summoner level above 6, up to 30 months."
: Why do you even have a report system?
Hi there. If you have any ideas on how the system could be improved, your welcome to post them here: https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/nvLruIjw-league-community-in-a-nutshell I started the thread to try to find better solutions for dealing with the negative community. If the thread gets enough attention, maybe Riot will notice and take some inspiration form the ideas posted here.
Zedant (EUW)
: Can we add an option for SURREND?
Hi there . I had the idea to use a surrender switch instead of a surrender vote. Where your can switch to: "I want to forfeit." but the vote doesn't pop up until the threshold is reached. If you support the idea and maybe have some ideas of your own to add, you're welcomed to join the conversation. Here is the link: https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/nvLruIjw-league-community-in-a-nutshell
: > That chat system could let anyone opt out from receiving messages from players that are let's say 3/2/1 levels below their chat level. Extremely toxic. Being able to flame anyone and not be flamed back is a straight way to hell. I mean... you can "farm" a bit of honor and then just harass people once in a while, thrash-talking to those who can't answer you. Believe me. Building a vertical sort of relations is the same as building toxicity. > Add an option to say why you dodged. Sometimes you might just dodge because your champ got banned or you don't wanna play a specific team comp or whatever. But a lot of the times you dodge because someone is already being toxic in champ select. Again, a very toxic idea. You add this option — I abuse it immediately. "I opted out because Yasuo banned" = free dodge when autofilled.
> Extremely toxic. Being able to flame anyone and not be flamed back is a straight way to hell. > I mean... you can "farm" a bit of honor and then just harass people once in a while, thrash-talking to those who can't answer you. > Believe me. Building a vertical sort of relations is the same as building toxicity. Well actually that's how you can do it any game now already. You can mute any- /everybody and just flame all you want. And you would obviously drop in your chat level as soon as you flame, because people who can still read your rants would report you. Also currently it's completely hidden. Nobody knows who you muted. But with such a system you would know your current chat rank and would see who actually hears what your saying. So people with a low ranking would see, that nobody in their games can even read their rants and would lose a large incentive to flame in the first place. But it would also act as a motivation for players to behave and increase in rank if they want to have something to say again. And on top of that people would automatically rise over time again, as people wouldn't be reporting them, while they can't read their flame. So even if you don't change over time you would get chances to redeem yourself. > Again, a very toxic idea. You add this option — I abuse it immediately. "I opted out because Yasuo banned" = free dodge when autofilled. I really don't understand why everyone assumes it would be free. I never said it would be a free out. Giving someone the option to speak out why they dodged does not mean they don't suffer the punishments for dodging.
: Why judge the community based on a silver MMR ARAM game ? I get it, you had a negative experience, but this is not the community. This is a part of it only. Let's not generalise.
Hi there. I just took the game as an example. I don't judge base on a single game. But my experience in League has been getting worse and worse over the years. And for it to come to this extent I thought speaks for itself. Back in the say, where this was an exception I would just say fk it, one bad game. But nowadays I encounter the same negativity nearly every game i get matched with randoms. And so I often wait for friends to come online before I play a game, to reduce the chances. And that was not a concern just a few years ago.
: >Only when someone gets reported a lot more than the rest of the people, the system looks into them. This is not how it works. Every report makes the system check the reported player. However, they do not got punished unless they did something against the rules.
Yes of course. If someone was being obviously toxic by the current means, yes then they get punished immediately. But I was talking about the false reports. If someone gets reported a lot, without the system recognizing an obvious toxic behavior that it would already punish, then the only reason left for it to stand out is the amount of reports. And when one account get reported a lot, despite not being toxic the system can still take action. Usually by flagging it for a manual audit. Like in the case of the Smite Singed Support player. He wasn't toxic, he won significantly more than he lost, he communicated with his team before and during the game. And yet the system flagged him, because people just don't like it when you play something off meta like that. Sadly in that case the person who audited the case issued a punishment. But that's not because of the system, that was because of unclear guidelines and too much power left to the deciding rioters opinion.
: > - Add an option to say why you dodged. Sometimes you might just dodge because your champ got banned or you don't wanna play a specific team comp or whatever. But a lot of the times you dodge because someone is already being toxic in champ select. And this needs to be addressed. Either you lose time for nothing by dodging or you play out a toxic game just to report one person. You could even just have a popup ask you next time you log in why you dodged. You have the time anyway as you are probably locked out of queue for x minutes anyway. Honestly, this idea is not gonna work. This would make dodging better than actually playing the game in about 50% of the cases. Instead of that idea, i have a better one. Give the players an option in champselect to vote-kick people (For example, trolling or being toxic). If 3 people agree to vote-kick said person, said person gets kicked and flagged in the system. If that flagged person gets kicked multiple times from champselects, then they get punished by the system for their behavior like normal. Maybe even punish them directly by blocking them from queuing. The players that actually have the toxic behavior have to reform or deal with being kicked in most of their games, while the players that want to enjoy the game arent punished by that one asshat forcing them to dodge and wait idk how long for the next queue.
I don't see how someone would rather dodge 50% of his games than play. It's not like that today, why should it change? Also note: I never said reporting someone in champ select would liberate you from the punishments of dodging. If you are the one who dodged, you still face the same consequences as before. You lose LP in ranked. You get a dodging timer that stops you from queuing. All same as before. And as for your kicking idea. Sure that would be easy to implement too, but anything that slightly shifts from what people accept as meta would immediately be kicked. No matter if people are actually being toxic. Giving one the option to express why you took the hit before or after dodging is a much slighter change that still offers the system to find people being toxic in champ select while not giving players the power to judge what is acceptable for the community at whole.
: No one cares about your opinion, you play Aram and Aram is not a league end. Waiting for the angry Aram mains too down Vote this :*
you literally didn't even read the post. Hahaha
Bardell (EUW)
: Poacher's Dirk
I gave it a lot of tries in my games. I loved the idea this item brought into the game. The problem was it's place. You see, when you were winning, you probably didn't need the cash save it offered. And sometimes buying it prevented you from hitting a power spike, because you were missing a stack or 2. So say you spent the 500 on the poachers dirk expecting to make a duskblade out of it but didn't get enough stacks in time, you had to delay the duskblade until your next back if you ended up backing with 2400 to 2550 gold (even if you were willing to sell it). And if you were going to buy at least 2 lethality items and decided to keep it for the next, you needed the 500 gold extra you had invested in poachers to hit the same powerspike. And if you were behind the case is even worse. You can't just go into the enemy jungle willy-nilly. Your laners usually can't come to help you, while the enemy laners can. Also the buffs are usually not obtainable, if the enemy jungler is halfway competent. The crabs didn't count towards the needed stacks either. And since you had to wait till your second or third back to buy it in the first place, the window of the game, where you could effectively stack it, was really small. Even removing the cooldown in it's stacking wasn't good enough to make it a good buy in most games. I was actually hoping they would rework it one more time before discarding it. Something along the lines of, Buffs/Drakes/Herald/Baron etc give double stacks or make it more expensive but require 3 stacks again or even try making it a viable starting item for junglers that want to go for early aggression.
: Flawed system ; Being nicer > Being good at the game?
First of all I want to say that making your performance depend on more than wining or losing will lead to a more farm oriented gameplay style. If people know that doing nothing but keeping their cs and kda in check to get more lp whether they win or lose, they will do that. people will likely play less team oriented. People who actually already want to level up, already know that playing as a team, going for objectives and not feeding is important. But people also know that flaming their team will make them lose more too, and nobody cares about that either. You what what is good for winning in league and what is bad for winning is always changing. New strategies may arise that work, that nobody understands at the time, which would probably score terribly on your "stat-check" scale for league skill, but would actually lead to much more wins. Imagine someone coming up with a awfully sounding strategy, let's just call it "Inting Sion". Now he might come up with the ridiculous idea to permanently push the turret, despite dying over and over. But he magically wins a lot of games with this strategy. Despite winning so much, he might have terrible cs, no kill participation, only the lane turrets to show for his achieved objectives and 0 roaming kills or even presence. And despite all the wins he makes playing this strategy he would terribly fail on your scale. The point is. Winning or losing is THE goal of the game. Currently it doesn't matter which strategies you implement to achieve this goal. But any system that factors in more than your current win/loss and your past wins/losses, will inevitable force you to play specific strategies. And in my opinion that would not be good for the game. I do see the benefit of locking people out of ranked games as an option to punish people who clearly don't try their best in ranked games though. But currently the punishment system has no clear way of catching these players. But i's something one could keep in mind, should it become more effective one day. And since you seem to be interested in the current punishment system too, maybe you have some ideas you would like to share on that topic. I recently started a thread collecting ideas on how to improve the league community. I really love the game, but the community has been ruining the experience for me to the point I hardly play even close to as many games as I used to. Often I wait for at least one or 2 friends to come online, because I cant enjoy the negative environment random players constantly create. Anyway, in case you have some ideas, here is the link to my thread: https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/nvLruIjw-league-community-in-a-nutshell I'll see you there. Have a nice day.
: I'll never play League of Legends game in my life
Hahaha. People like you just prove that every now and then the punishment system does still work. xDD
: Player behavior in general.
Hi there. I agree that league has quite the problem with the negativity of it's community. But most of the time I only read people complaining about it (me included). So this time i decided to start collecting Ideas on how you can improve the state of the community and make league great again. I would like to hear any Ideas you might have on improving the situation. Maybe if the thread gets big enough a Rioter will notice it and something will be done. :) Here is the link: https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/nvLruIjw-league-community-in-a-nutshell Looking forward to reading your ideas. Have a nice day.
Silent Note (EUNE)
: Why are some people on the boards so toxic?
Most people on the boards are toxic, because most people never come here until they encounter a problem or got punished or just had a really bad or frustrating game. So no matter what they encounter, they are already negatively biased by their last experience and just jump on any opinion that is opposed to their views and vent all over that persons comment. But whenever someone just posts sht instead of some constructive criticism you can simply down vote their post and be done with it. :P Anyway. I recently came here because of such a game and started a thread looking for ideas on how we can improve the community and the league experience as a whole. So if you wanna help make league great again you are welcomed and can join the conversation here: https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/nvLruIjw-league-community-in-a-nutshell
Shädäm (EUNE)
: League community
Hi there. I agree that the current state of the community is a big problem for league. So I started a thread looking for ideas to make league great again. If the thread gets enough attention, maybe it will reach a Rioter who can make a change happen. :P Feel free to add any ideas you might have: https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/nvLruIjw-league-community-in-a-nutshell
Mádwife (EUW)
: AFK protection
You don't lose 20 LP because of an AFK, you lose 20 LP because you lost the ranked game. You don't lose every 4v5 game. So on average, if you try your best and don't give up on these games, you have a higher win rate then the average player (over all games where you encounter an AFK in your team). Because the chance of getting an AFK on your team is equal for everyone (as long as you are not the reason the player AFK'd). Also the chance of getting an AFK on the enemy team is also higher than getting an AFK on your team (assuming you are not the player that occasionally AFKs) because from your perspective they have 5 randoms and you only have a max of 4 randoms. So having AFKs in the game at all, only benefits people who never AFK and never give up. With that said. I fking hate having AFKs in my games. Despite all the logic behind it, if feels horrible playing out games with such a disadvantage. Especially when you still try your best, but have no chance. But giving the rest of the team a cut, just because they had an AFK is not the right solution. As it was probably mentioned a million times in this thread, that system can easily be abused. especially in high elo. Also I personally believe that we should be looking for solutions for the cause and not for solutions to the effects of problems. And yes, this is significantly harder to solve. But always using plasters to fix up that kid that keeps jumping into the thorn bushes is never gonna stop him from going in again. If we can give him reasons to not want to jump into the thron bushes instead, we don't need any plasters anymore. One idea would be to hand out benefits for streaks of not leaving games for example. lets say you play 100 games without leaving one of them, then you get a little something. Essentially that's what the honor system is supposed to do, it's just not appealing enough. But anyway, I started a thread collecting ideas on how Riot could improve the league experience. Especially regarding the community. If you have the time feel free to post your ideas too: https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/nvLruIjw-league-community-in-a-nutshell
: My report history
Jep, that's the way the league community uses the system. Report when you lose and don't report when you win. But as you mentioned, these report don't matter, as they set the standard for what the system expects. Only when someone gets reported a lot more than the rest of the people, the system looks into them. And that's good. Its trimmed to keep the false positive rate as low as possible. Nevertheless I believe something needs to be done about the negativity in the community. I started a thread after another ridiculous game and want to collect everyone's ideas on how we can improve the Systems League implements for keeping the community in check. All ideas you think might help are welcomed. Here is the thread, in case you wanna stop by: https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/nvLruIjw-league-community-in-a-nutshell
Leminks (EUW)
: Warnings Towards Chat Restriction
Hi there. I recently made a post regarding the current situation of the league community and im trying to gather ideas that might inspire Riot to improve the league experience. Feel free to add any ideas you have to make League great again: https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/nvLruIjw-league-community-in-a-nutshell
N o (EUW)
: Aram Doding needs to be punished harder
Hi there. I proposed an idea to combat the situation in my post over here. Feel free to join the conversation and maybe add your ideas too: https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/nvLruIjw-league-community-in-a-nutshell Maybe if the thread gets enough attention it can reach Riot. So sharing and up voting is appreciated. <3
: Reporting System needs improvement
I'll just leave this here: https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/nvLruIjw-league-community-in-a-nutshell
Boulhya36 (EUW)
: 3672 aram games wow
Yeah, I have a friend who only plays ARAM. And he is one of the few active friends I have that haven't quit the game yet. :P
Silent Note (EUNE)
: I agree with most points, but there are some I'd argue with. > [{quoted}](name=SeanGoku,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=nvLruIjw,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-12-04T20:21:49.284+0000) > - Instead of handing out chat restrictions for offensive language, make everyone chat restricted. And as you increase in chat level (or honor) you unlock more messages you can use per game. There are games where the team is so friendly that you just keep talking about random stuff, and those kind of games are the most fun. Like there was one really memorable for me, an ARAM game that we were winning but we didn't actually pay attention to the game, we were mostly just using the chat and having a fun time talking, waiting for fights to end so we could keep on chatting. The system you're suggesting would make games like this impossible to happen. > - Add a stacking exp debuff for dodging aram games. So next aram you play you get less (or 0) exp. You can still dodge in an emergency, but it can&amp;#039;t be abused as easily by having several accounts. I also don't like this idea. If you take a look at the punishments for dodging a game, ARAM has by far the longest punishments. First dodges bring either a 6 or 1 minute penalty in other cases. In ARAM, it starts at 15 minutes. Moreover, you don't even get your rerolls back. > - Add an option to say why you dodged. Sometimes you might just dodge because your champ got banned or you don&amp;#039;t wanna play a specific team comp or whatever. But a lot of the times you dodge because someone is already being toxic in champ select. And this needs to be addressed. Either you lose time for nothing by dodging or you play out a toxic game just to report one person. You could even just have a popup ask you next time you log in why you dodged. You have the time anyway as you are probably locked out of queue for x minutes anyway. This would be easily abusable, and probably bring up the amount of trolls who dodge just to waste everyone's time. You wouldn't even be able to report them for it, because there's no way the system would know the reason they dodged. > - Add more report options or at least add a section under the description, where you can post the top 3 describing hashtags. Something like: #int #flame #wintrade. So the punishment system has more data to actually learn what behaviors are toxic not just what chat is toxic. The system is automated, so it wouldn't know if someone wintraded, or just had a bad fight that threw the game. If I'm getting the "what behaviors are toxic" part right, you mean like pinging questionmarks when someone dies, or spamming pings in general. That could lead to some misunderstandings, because you may be spamming the pings because the given laner doesn't pay attention to the fact that your lane is missing and probably are going to attack the other lane. People also spam pings on themselves when they make a facepalm mistake, or when I'm for example playing with friends, we keep spamming each other with pings for no reason, just for fun. I kinda like your other ideas, they would be good if they were implemented, especially the surrender switch one. > - Keep the current honor system where you honor one teammate every game, but add an additional option to give kudos to players who actually make the league experience better. One you have to go out of your way to actually appreciate a player. Not many people will use this system, but those people who actually do get recognized by could receive some actual benefits, like more honor rewards for example. That would be really cool, and I'd also like them to bring back the system where you were able to honor your opponent. There are many games where my opponent plays really well and I would like to honor them because they deserve it. Something else I would add is a party chat like in Heroes of the Storm. There are many times I'm playing with my friends, but some of us can't go on Discord because someone is sleeping nearby or someone's vaccuming or we're just not in the mood to talk, and it takes a lot of time to type: "/w "oneplayer" <message>" "/w "otherplayer" <message>" I know you can /r, but it's not that effective when there are more people you're premade with. There could be something like "/p <message>" to send everyone the message in the party.
> I also don't like this idea. If you take a look at the punishments for dodging a game, ARAM has by far the longest punishments. First dodges bring either a 6 or 1 minute penalty in other cases. In ARAM, it starts at 15 minutes. Moreover, you don't even get your rerolls back. Well for one, some people just switch between several accounts when they play aram, so they are never punished from the queue debuff. Also I would be fine setting the dodge timer back to a usual time like in other queues if this or something similar were implemented. > This would be easily abusable, and probably bring up the amount of trolls who dodge just to waste everyone's time. You wouldn't even be able to report them for it, because there's no way the system would know the reason they dodged. How could you abuse this? It's not like you don't get punished when you say you dodged because of a toxic person. You would still receive all the same punishments you get today, just the player who caused it would also be noted, compared to today, where someone being toxic in champ select doesn't get punished at all. I've hat quite the opposite experience, where people started trolling really hard in champ select, trying to get someone else to leave, but then just before they locked in, fixed their champs/sums/runes as they recognized nobody was going to dodge. And if you literally just wanna dodge to waste someones time, you can do that today already. > The system is automated, so it wouldn't know if someone wintraded, or just had a bad fight that threw the game. > If I'm getting the "what behaviors are toxic" part right, you mean like pinging questionmarks when someone dies, or spamming pings in general. That could lead to some misunderstandings, because you may be spamming the pings because the given laner doesn't pay attention to the fact that your lane is missing and probably are going to attack the other lane. People also spam pings on themselves when they make a facepalm mistake, or when I'm for example playing with friends, we keep spamming each other with pings for no reason, just for fun. Yes, that's the point. It's automated. But it learns from reports. The tribunal was just to give the system a baseline. Now it learns what is not accepted after it was reported enough times. So for example it learns what words are bad and unaccepted, when that word appeared in enough reports of people being reported for verbal abuse. All I'm saying is, the system would have an easier chance of making correlations if we had a wider range of categories. And of course the threshold would have to be tuned to keep the false positives to a minimum. > That would be really cool, and I'd also like them to bring back the system where you were able to honor your opponent. There are many games where my opponent plays really well and I would like to honor them because they deserve it. Damn it, that's right. I specifically mentioned that the first time, but I hit F5 and had to write it all again. :(
Rioter Comments
Ilovemobas (EUNE)
: I think a new issue is on the rise on EUNE in beginner bot games
It's not new. It's been happening all the time, most people just use bot that aren't discovered so fast. I had a bot that wrote lol, gg and in between was asking for honors in game and always used the summoners to survive, flash and barrier. Always flashing out of turret range to the exact same spot. Honestly I don't really care. You always win beginner bot games anyway, even with 4 bots, so it doesn't really matter. Maybe if it happens in intermediate it would suck too. But I've seen bots in ARAM games on one of my smurfs once. that was a sht fest. It was practically me vs Warwick. All others were bots.
: Leo eclipse bundle price is a rip off.
you buy one of them you get the second one cheaper, like with the Pyjama skins
Yraco (EUW)
: Ability to change level border
I liked my blue one too and lost it to an ugly gold border.
AllGone (EUW)
: Custom control setting for some champions
I personally would like the option. But it's not worth investing for Riot. You can just change your Keyboard Layout to support both. So you have Smartcast as your standard and use like Alt+(A/S/D/F) for your normal cast. That's the way I have my keyboard Setup. So anytime I really wanna be precise I have the option.
: RIOT, give me the option to opt-out of Autofill
You don't negotiate with terrorists. Just because people are being toxic, doesn't mean you should shape the game, or anything for that matter, to please their requests. Autofill exists for good reasons. Players need to form a team in a competitive environment in very short time. So everyone needs some exposure to every role anyway, to understand their teammates position. (I personally would even prefer only autofill as second roll, instead of a second priority, but that's beside the point.) Even removing it for only a part of the community would ruin the Queue. Fact is: Not only are some roles just generally played more often than others, it also changes from time to time every day, depending on which players are queuing up. What I do believe Riot could do is give you an option to use your autofill protection semi freely. Currently you get autofill protected after you just autofilled and during promotions. Riot could let you stack like up to 3 of them (similar to rerolls in ARAM) and let you use them while queuing up, whenever you really don't wanna play another role. Also autofilled games will have their own elo in future and will also affect your main elo if you troll. So you might wanna wait for that and see how you feel about the system. But one thing will not change. You will always have some people who will do anything to ruin your day, just because you didn't follow their orders. Some people just use the game to vent out their daily frustration (whether knowingly or not). And while I believe there is still a lot Riot can do to improve player behavior in the game, they can't just stop people from finding new ways to abuse the system. And like I said at the start, giving in to the group, actively trying to ruin the game for others will never be the right way to go.
HH Robin (EUW)
: Giveaway! EUW Only
Hi Robin. I think it's awesome that's you're doing this giveaway. Most of the times I come to the forum I get overwhelmed with all the negative posts and have to leave again before I lose my mind. So thank you for making the boards a nicer place. You don't have to enter me into the prize pool. I just wanted to promote your post. But if you do, I'd probably go for any of the new K/DA skins. Especially the Akali one is so cool. Have a nice day. :)
3zer (EUW)
: I don't think that is visible enough. Something that should be in the forefront of the UI, rather than hidden away, dim in the corner
> [{quoted}](name=3zer,realm=EUW,application-id=Mpd1UjGe,discussion-id=od7bIFmN,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-14T10:33:00.500+0000) > >**In which case simply showing the number in the top corner or somewhere visible (that doesn't require any clicks post-login) on the client would help so much.** > > Please Rito. You already had what you were begging for. Clearly you do not need any more. You are just looking for an excuse to blame your bad plays on. And honestly, think about it. It's not like any of the minor changes Riot makes is the cause of you losing your silver games. xD And sure if it's a larger change then you will notice it first game you play and can look up the information you didn't know about. And even then all you had to do was glance down at the number before queuing up. I really don't understand why you came here to complain about it. Either you actually really care about what patch you are on. In which case you can clearly see it in the corner anytime. Or you don't care and nothing needs to be changed. Either way, asking Riot to change something makes no sense.
FNC Jambozo (EUNE)
: K/DA Borders
Would be pretty unfair for those who didn't buy them yet, because they had no borders.
3zer (EUW)
: Show the Current Patch from the Client Home Page
its at the bottom right corner login: https://i.imgur.com/aBsewzw.png home screen: https://i.imgur.com/3cnHq5c.png
: Match of the Week : Misfits Versus Fnatic
Am I just blind or did you not link the Full Game VOD?
SeanGoku (EUW)
: Stacking 0 Exp Penalty for dodging ARAM.
https://youtu.be/5GgflscOmW8
: Oh did you know in 3v3 mode there is more probability that premade with the same Q up together?
Yeah I know. I checked. They were 3 premades. We were randoms. But not only that. I'm currently silver in 3v3 Flex. They were Plat, Gold and unranked. xD
Rioter Comments
: ***
So you think it's okay to be in champ select for just as long as you are in game because: "Dude its aram."? Man that argumentation is flawless.
Loonsteer (EUW)
: How many accounts have riot taken from you (Perma)? Be honest?
Rioter Comments
WÍŃD (EUW)
: not true because you have to be level 10 to gift anyways
So you are saying it is impossible to reach lvl 10? WTF?
: about the "play 9 ranked flex" mission
If you don't want to do the mission, then don't do the mission. What the bidoof is your problem?
Fathands (EUW)
: OH MY GOD. THE TYLER1 BAN ISN'T THE SAME THING AS YOUR PERMA BAN. GET THIS IN YOUR SKULL AND DON'T LET IT OUT. Why do people still not get this? Tyler was banned as a person. He is now Unbanned as a person and is allowed to play again. He DID NOT get his perma banned accounts back.
Because people rather cry about everyone and about everything being unfair and disadvantageous towards them, before ever even taking a critical look at themselves into consideration. That's just how society is nowadays.
Show more

SeanGoku

Level 297 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion