HarleyaQm (EUW)
: it's such a simple idea and there are many ways to counter the potential exploits of the system, I don't understand why riot takes so long to address issues like this that are being talked about all the time
Because, _maybe_, you can't really have 100% certainty that what you witnessed is a ragequit or a dc?
TeKKeN4s (EUNE)
: Well, the e-mail said, "Your account: <myname> was banned due to the use of malicious 3rd party programs or modifications to your League of Legends client." I've posted another ticket, once again telling the same story, maybe this time they are going to say something else.
You better keep things in one ticket, instead of opening multiple ones. The message is not always on point, but yeah, there could be a possibility you got banned for forbidden programs you've used in the past. They aren't only about scripting, but also stuff like MKJogo.
: the lp loss is the most important thing. Can't control everyone's access, sure but when a player is out of the game for 75% or more of the game, it is not a fair matchup and Riot should take responsibility for that by reducing losses for those who did nothing wrong.
> [{quoted}](name=xxxLaikaxxx,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=8H6Bgbw2,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2017-03-23T19:20:51.508+0000) > > Riot should take responsibility for that by reducing losses for those who did nothing wrong. Take responsibility for what?
TeKKeN4s (EUNE)
: Banned? Are you serious?
Sometimes bans are issued specifically to protect compromised accounts. I guess you should keep in touch with support to know which kind of ban it actually is.
: Reseting elo
No, there is no way Riot will interfere with your MMR.
: How to do "Ping is... ms" in game?
Ctrl+click on the corner where the ping is, iirc.
HarleyaQm (EUW)
: Why can't you lower the LP loss for when someone gets a ragequitter on their team?
> has no down side Easy. Whole team reports someone who disconnects due to a power outage -> guy gets permabanned. Would you like to be subjected to this fate?
: Lol riot is stealing money. If you pay for something you get it but when they bann you you can't get your money back so they are stealing. And there are allot other ways then banning people permantly so everybody can still play without removing them totally from the game.
Do you usually demand refunds from the bar after you've finished drinking your coffee?
: People are not gonna make new accounts because they get 1 month banned. If you bann them permanently they do stuff like that. And if they keep perma bann people who have spend allot money on Leaque then they are stealing money from people and thats bad for the company. You can't just steal money from people because they are toxic! Give them a chat restict for 500 games cause that really helps them or make sure that they can't chat at all and all the flamers are gone, it's not that hard to remove the chat. And you don't get that many chances anymore.
The chat restriction cycle was already attempted. It sucked for the teammates of the chat restricted people. Riot is not stealing money. You willingly gave it to them in exchange for RP. You got your RP. I suggest to read the ToU because it covers this point nicely. But tl;dr buying RP doesn't give you the right to breach your contract with Riot.
: but i always thought NA was further, or at least almost the same. like even in dota the pings for NA and EUW are like 176ms and 182ms, which is hardly any difference. I honestly would also like to know how come dota has a much better ping though xD
NA and EUW datacenters are roughly equidistant from your country, hence the low ping difference.
: Just transferred to EUW, issues with ping
The issue is physical distance. You're in Malaysia, while EUW is located in Amsterdam.
Murder1us (EUW)
: Riot is bad. OH WAIT ITS NOT RIOT ANYMORE BREAKING NEWS
Tencent held a majority of Riot Games' shares since forever. You noticed them only after they bought all of them? (Hint: being associated with Tencent is the only way to publish your game in China)
SmB Koji (EUW)
: Because bringing her in platinum games so she gets flamed for being bad is gonna teach her a lot. She'll learn how to farm and trade when she's gonna get OSed by her enemy snowballing her. You must be right, I guess. By playing support and her adc, I can teach her how to go in, how and when to step back, builds, etc.
No one told you to use your main account, nor to duoQ in ranked with her (there is no "plat mmr" in normals). We are telling you to follow the same dedication and skill requirements you demand of your (both non-smurf and ranked) teammates.
Fajerk (EUW)
: 3rd party applications are out of scope of this topic. And the only proof necessary is full explanation and logged activity regarding ban on demand.
Why, do you trust humans to read other people's minds? How would you determine the "not wanting to win" factor, without actual chat logs? Again: which evidence are you actually asking for? It sounds a lot like you onlu trust your own judgement on matters, which is, well, obviously biased.
K0lll3 (EUNE)
: ***
No, you were banned basically for trolling the game.
ıce (EUW)
: "We don't unban accounts under any circumstances", "protection ban" i dont really get it
Accounts that were found guilty of something are never unbanned (except if there was a human mistake). Contested accounts and accounts in the process of being retrieved are temporarily suspended to prevent anyone from doing further harm on them. It's the protection ban.
Spoody (EUW)
: Riot's grammar is complete ass
It's a part of a code that writes as "<champion_name>'s <item>" for the division title.
: my acc hacked
You should keep in contact with the support to know what's going on, since nobody on the boards has access to your account info. A hypothesis could be that it's a protection ban until you are acknowledged as the original owner, or whoever used your account also used prohibited third party software on it.
4rchont (EUW)
: Do I lose my Champion if I use the "2 Mastery Tokens and 1 Champ Permanent" Option?
Champions, once unlocked, never get removed unless you refund them. Using a Tryndamere shard while you own him already won't make him disappear from your champion roster.
Adam Blaze (EUNE)
: No,i don't assume that. I find it funny that you gave faker as your example,i bet you consider him the best player in the world or something,but faker didn't become faker for carrying himself,just saying. He is known as Faker from the SKT team,if he wouldn't play in LCS in that team not even his mother would know about him (metaphorically) (Before you reply (if you do,of course) No. I have no have for any LCS player. I just don't like to idolatrise others for things that others do as well,just that they do it for the actual fun,not for money :3 Honestly i really like Dopa. BUT ANYWAY,LET'S GO BACK TO WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT,AGREEING WITH WHAT YOU SAID:) + not to mention that every damn pro player LCS or non-LCS players have bad matches,it's all about the base skill,which is the lowest level of skill you could ever get in your matches. I am more likely to have trusty people in my team even it it takes over 10mins to queue up with,i would even sacrifice myself and pick support just to play more often,and what. If you consider yourself a good player you must know all the lanes,there's no excuse. No need to give me such examples fake(r),just saying. I've seen challenger players getting their asses beaten in normal matches by unranked/silver/gold/plat , i myself am unranked at this moment (making accounts,then else stop playing,else punished because it's illegal and you're a bad community member for DC-ing mostly because back then i didn't really have such a good condition.. talking about internet provider and PC,also last time I've been banned for being "toxic" - yeah,because CLEVER REPLIES in which YOU DON'T EVEN USE A SINGLE SWEARING is considered FLAMING. because this community of excrements... i mean.. gamers.. are too sensitive and if you say any small thing that offends them - boom - punished. It all started since season 4 . All this punishment for "flaming" while not actually flaming thing... ANYWAY. All i can say that the division doesn't truly define yourself. Since season 1 i have been going through all the divisions (of course i started from bronze,as everyone else,there's NO DAMN PERSON IN THE WORDS THAT DIDN'T REACH BRONZE OR WASN'T BRONZE ATLEAST ONCE so no need BS thank you) and i can tell you that absolutely no one is perfect. I also don't consider myself a pro player,don't worry. at this moment , like i said, I'm unranked and i have to improve my skills for the moment
I'm not sure if you have read my earlier replies. Longer queue timers mean wider MMR range selection in order to find you a match. Which, in turn, means that you have _even less chances_ of having your "dream team". Faker is generally considered the best mid laner in the world due to his skill (which very few people can imitate). There's a reason SKT T1 got world championship _twice_... > yeah,because CLEVER REPLIES in which YOU DON'T EVEN USE A SINGLE SWEARING is considered FLAMING. You don't need to swear to be a jerkass. I could literally tell you to die by saying "go six feet under", which humorously enough contains not a single swear word, but it's still a horrible thing to say Conversely, swearing in itself is not punished, but swearing at people is. > there's NO DAMN PERSON IN THE WORDS THAT DIDN'T REACH BRONZE OR WASN'T BRONZE ATLEAST ONCE Most people start from silver, so...
Adam Blaze (EUNE)
: yes. 1000% sure this is what i actually what i wish for. i prefer to have dream teams every damn match with serious players than eventually cancerous trolls
You're assuming that people never get pissed off during queue, or their plays are always on point. Sorry, but even Faker sometimes feeds.
: I didnt get 80Euro worth of RP, but i did get a suspended Paypal account due to "suspicious activity" but its all good now. :) I guess it was that my account is new and i bought something because a friend paid me a due, so i guess tha transactions where suspicious due to my account being OLD but not actually used.
Thank you for the info! Your hypothesis kinda makes sense, but it could also be due to excessive haste in making the purchase -- sometimes the money takes time to get accounted for, and making a purchase immediately after depositing it is not recommended. At least that's what I have been told by friends that use Paypal much more often than me.
Craxxon (EUW)
: need new config data i deleted mine :(
Can't you repair the client, if you still have it installed?
Aezander (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot Eambo,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=vUAumAsn,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2017-03-21T07:13:13.770+0000) > > Physiotherapy mainly :-( Ehm ... I don't believe he meant it that way. At least that's what I believe based on those three 'well' at the beginning. :P
But Eambo's answer is the best and most classy way to dodge that bullet :p
Fajerk (EUW)
: 3rd party applications are out of scope of this topic. And the only proof necessary is full explanation and logged activity regarding ban on demand.
We're still talking about bans and their reasons. "Full explanation" is provided, and "logged activity" is in the chat logs. What else do you need?
Fajerk (EUW)
: Considering we are talking about how trustworthy the machines are, then believing that there exists a proof does not change anything. And I doubt that chat logs are universal proof, not only it is very easy to take them out of context, but there are thing which aren't written. As a matter of fact, the system looks worse the longer we talk about it. It's based on a illusion. Sadly times when there were actual Rioters who would take responsibility for it are long gone.
Take responsibility for what? I've seen Rioters take responsibility for not reverting wrongful bans fast enough, and within this year... You're talking like third party software bans are automated, but funny enough, they aren't. I'm honestly not sure what's your concept of "proof". All I'm sure of is that I don't want more cheaters to be created because someone stomped their foot on the ground and demanded to get evidence of their cheating. God only knows how many actual scripters I've seen getting unbanned in other games because they're big spenders... It's like you're demanding to be shown the evidence for a murder case that doesn't involve you.
Fajerk (EUW)
: Riot support is whole new questionable topic. Last time that I had long discussion with support "specialist" regarding game rules the best answer I got "If you don't like, leave", that being said said he was unable to deny that there is nothing wrong with goal of losing your games. Actually it is laughable that ban appeals require to use same system that handles technical difficulties, neither of which seems to work when you need it. But that is totally out of scope of this thread and I do not really want to discuss about it as from what I have seen, they do not provide any proof beside "we have got proof". I would not trust them more than the machines.
If the proof they have is used by bot owners to refine their scripts, is it worth to see it? And aren't chat logs enough evidence of bad behaviour?
: because in that case you get a message
Not every time. Actually, very rarely. Frequency is kept low on purpose. And chat restrictions don't spawn a pop up at all. Being the most frequent kind of punishment, it's logical that feedback popups would appear rarely.
Fajerk (EUW)
: I can agree that humans make errors and if they make a machine it will make errors too. That's exactly why it is necessary to double check the results.
It's exactly what the support already does, and the whole point behind the ability to appeal bans via tickets.
: Dude, I have probably made more than 15k reports, of which ONE had an impact, and that was after the system had a reset. With over 10,000 games, the data I have is statistically relevant to scientific standards. Riot has done worse than nothing to address the problem, and their system is built to feed them false data, see here: http://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/2017/03/ask-riot-why-do-i-suck/ (sort by recent, i have a post there) As long as no governmental standards are coming, Riot is just going to pretend that their social system is working. But those governmental standards are coming, and then we are looking at a major crackdown that is going to hurt everyone including the company. I have little sympathy for Riot in that case. I am just sorry for the userbase having to suck it, because Riot does not address the problem that they are creating each day. As the game is putting pressure onto people and does nothing to give people a vent for the frustration that creates, the responsibility lies with Riot. They decided long ago to make a system that looks like it works. They did not decide to make a system that does actually work. There is a difference that is easy to see.
> [{quoted}](name=Rottencrotch,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=NrtkNcfp,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-03-20T05:03:03.764+0000) > > Dude, I have probably made more than 15k reports, of which ONE had an impact, and that was after the system had a reset. With over 10,000 games, the data I have is statistically relevant to scientific standards. I'm curious as to how you managed to know people didn't get punished.
Fajerk (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=41ONE0iw,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-20T09:23:41.652+0000) > Why does it remind me of a certain biblical episode? Coincidence? And no I'm not sceptical, but if I'm to trust something then I need a proof.
Think about it logically: humans are faulty, thus machines are faulty. But if humans and machines work together, a higher accuracy value is achieved. That's pretty much the principle behind brainstorming gatherings and feedback.
Fajerk (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tarolock,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=41ONE0iw,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-03-20T00:50:35.869+0000) > > the rules are clear and you accept them after every bigger update, about supervision: its a machine/program that checks the cases objectively without the human bs, if that is not a good system then i dont know what is (and before you say anything about it, the program is based on the old tribunal system and is still finetuned with the reports) ToS does not cover everything, there are many rules related to use of software and recommendation to "not being an asshole in game", still the perception of this rule is based on "positive and negative experience", the same experience might be rated differently based on conditions of various players. I Fully realise capability of neural network based systems, they are effective and learn over time and their behaviour is similar to human one. Still I would not trust "machines" more than group of judges behind closed doors, automated systems are prone to mistake in a sense as "human error" is their very feature, being hidden to prevent them from being gambled with does not make it any more assuring. > in the old tribunal that delay was at least 4-10 weeks, the current system can do that in minutes for easily detectable offenses (like flaming) and over a few days/few dozen games for feeding/trolling (since its harder to detect and they have to avoid punishing players who have a bad day/playing bad etc) Discussing Tribunal is totally off-topic. > yes half the players have to lose, but thats only true if all the players start the game like they want to win, if you have someone who plays just to lose then its not 50% anymore, its 50%+the players wanting to lose, and thats kinda hurting the whole point of the game > > the last team in a football cup doesnt go there to lose, they go for the win Depend on what your goal is, if you consider game as investment, you will expect results that will give you back at least that what you have invested or even more than that. However if you play the game for unbiased reason, like particular gaming experience, there does not have to be direct connection between victory and your own reason to play the game.
> Still I would not trust "machines" more than group of judges behind closed doors You're basically saying that you don't trust anything that you can't see or touch for yourself. Why does it remind me of a certain biblical episode? Being skeptical is okay. Being a conspiracy theorist is not.
BluChez (EUW)
: Please help support
Probably not, but keep in mind it's the middle of a Sunday night for them and they might be taking some coffee. I'd suggest to give them a few hours to solve the problem. But, is there a reason why you didn't use the server transfer function from the client? Did you get your account stuck in a limbo?
Bunek (EUNE)
: You get message that player you've reported was punished.
Only rarely. It's intentionally kept on low frequency to avoid reverse engineering. Which means that it's not a reliable source to tell how frequently people get punished.
: I can agree with this. It is, as this moment in time, the best system available. The moment a better system is thought of, though, I will be part of the campaign group for that system to replace autofill. In reference to the role blacklist, I would probably either not put a role there or put ADC there if I feel super tryhard. But maybe have more encouragement to play support other than "You've been autofilled." Maybe more "fun" supports like Thresh, a champion who you KNOW the difference between a good and bad player. With other supports, like Blitzcrank, Sona and Annie, the only difference between a good and bad one is landing one spell, those being Blitz Q, Sona R and Annie ~~Pedobear~~ R. WIth Thresh, you have your Q, which can help pick off a target, and your E, which can cancel movement abilities like Trist jump. So Riot, in order to make Ranked more beneficial for ADCs, needs to make more fun supports. And yes, I understand that SOME people will instalock that character in Ranked without knowing how the %%%% that character plays. But how many people actually do that? I'd genuinely like to know the statistics of how many people, in the first month of a champion being released, first try that character in Ranked. It seems odd, but it could be fun.
> [{quoted}](name=PinkAbuuna,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=BXsJnQ77,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-19T21:40:20.190+0000) > > So Riot, in order to make Ranked more beneficial for ADCs, needs to make more fun supports. The problem is... there's no universal definition on "fun". Riot has been reworking the support role/items/champions since practically season 3, but no matter how much they do, support is still the least liked role, because of this soloQ mentality where "you have to carry yourself" and "support can't carry because they have no damage". No one is going to play a "fun" support if they don't own it because "support can't carry". Trying to meet different demands on the concept of "fun" is impossible. That's why we have several different support champions.
Shiwah (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=League ó Recable,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=BJjreV6a,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-19T13:58:26.319+0000) > > Okay clearly you&#x27;re not informed but never mind anyway Informed about what? > I instead farmed and pushed all the way to their nexus, love how everyone forgets that detail as to why we won the game. Does it justify the verbal abuse you spouted in retaliation? Are you aware that Tyler1, despite his prowess with Draven, got banned for his own verbal abuse and intentionally ruining people's games when the world didn't revolve around him? Do you think that his Draven scores would justify him running down mid?
Considering that I just said that no one is immune from negative feelings, and that most toxicity comes from generally good people having a bad turn of the day, I'd reckon that your statements are pure utopia.
: As you could see he also killed someone who entered our base and then just returned to his......favorite spot :D
Killing someone and then doing nothing doesn't fool Leaverbuster for long.
Shiwah (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=League ó Recable,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=BJjreV6a,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-19T13:58:26.319+0000) > > Okay clearly you&#x27;re not informed but never mind anyway Informed about what? > I instead farmed and pushed all the way to their nexus, love how everyone forgets that detail as to why we won the game. Does it justify the verbal abuse you spouted in retaliation? Are you aware that Tyler1, despite his prowess with Draven, got banned for his own verbal abuse and intentionally ruining people's games when the world didn't revolve around him? Do you think that his Draven scores would justify him running down mid?
Actually, they wouldn't. If you take out the trash, more is bound to appear. At that point, you should simply close down the game.
: Well you can look on small part of that game yourself......Link is up now And I just don't believe he actualy got punished when he didn't rly afk just sit next to nexus avoiding DC/afk warn.
Sitting next to the nexus to avoid a warning isn't enough to fool the Leaverbuster.
: Pure guess......cause it always happens. You doubt?
Yes, I doubt. Because this very section shows that people actually get punished. Actual bans for afking are very rare, but for flaming they occur more often than that.
: Toxicity/Reports/Behaviour/AFK
You know Fizz wasn't punished, how?
: I can agree with what you have said in this comment. But any implication that autofill is the saviour of the problem is, in my opinion, wrong. In a competitive scene, you SHOULDN'T be forced to play a role you can't play. ie: I HATE ADC role, and if I could block a role from being in my auto fill, it would be ADC. That DOESN'T mean that when I play Ranked, I should be scared of getting ADC, because I shouldn't be GETTING ADC, since I've queued Mid and Top/Jungle. But if I do, I HAVE to dodge since I can't play ADC, meaning that those 9 other players get thrown back into the queuing system. Personally (and I'm not sure if this is what the system is on live), I would have auto fill kick in around the time that MMR brackets would be extended, and have the MMR bracket held back another minute or 5. Another way would be a "explain why you've dodged" system, where when you've dodged, you fill in a short thing where you state why you've dodged. If it's your teammates trolling, then those teammates will be notified. etc. But personally, tis one is the least viable.
Funny enough, before role selection was implemented there were talks about putting a feature to put a certain role in your personal black list (which would mean that you would never get it, even when playing as fill or autofilled). The problem is that anyone could abuse that by putting "support" in the blacklist, thus lengthening queue times more than humanly tolerable. I never said that autofill is a saviour. It's the best feature that could be conceived in circumstances (player mentality not being the last) where Riot had to find a balance between role _selection_, role_ availability_ and queue times.
Dèranqed (EUW)
: Its quiet logical that when you spend an x amount of time on an specific role, you will eventually and gradually improve. In our case we have people that needlessly get auto-filled into a role that they don't posses the sufficient capacity to play properly. This is done only to save a few minutes wait-time in the lobby. That is what my assumption is based upon. However, when I made this thread I expected people to know the necessity of knowledge before arguing for the sake of arguing. I bid you a good day and GL with your future endeavors! :-)
> [{quoted}](name=Dèranqed,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=BXsJnQ77,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-19T17:37:12.066+0000) > > Its quiet logical that when you spend an x amount of time on an specific role, you will eventually and gradually improve. Then why does Bronze V exist? > This is done only to save a few minutes wait-time in the lobby. That is what my assumption is based upon. Well, there is something you're forgetting in your haste of getting autofill removed: * Support demand is far superior than the offer. Which means that a few lucky ones will get a match in a reasonable time frame, and the rest of the world gets long waiting times. * If a match can't be found within a certain time frame, it extends the search to higher and lower MMR brackets. The latter is the reason for the "unfair" matchmaking and one of the reasons low queue timers are a necessity. > I bid you a good day and GL with your future endeavors! :-) Thanks, you too.
Shiwah (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=TiredOldMan,realm=EUNE,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=sF05u8Gu,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-19T16:09:54.118+0000) > > But you are getting out of topic. > We are talking about how to get equally skilled players being matched (no smurfs, no bought accounts, ...). > How to get there is a big problem. Staying with MMR is not a solution. I'm not getting out of topic if I'm talking about alternatives to MMR (which is what you want to be implemented). You're assuming that player skill is static, or fixed. Well, guess what, it isn't. And it depends on a lot of random factors, which might not even have anything to do with the game. It's the reason that measuring player skill accurately over a long span of time is outright impossible. The problem is that saying "stop with MMR, create something else" is easier said than done. If no one that manages online games based on rankings has found an alternate, fair, and simple method to rank players yet, do you think that simply screaming to find it would actually make the solution appear by itself?
> [{quoted}](name=TiredOldMan,realm=EUNE,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=sF05u8Gu,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-19T17:14:46.590+0000) > > Simply screaming, no one have found alternate, complex, ... > With logic like that one would never invented anything. Well, if players have any ideas they should suggest, instead of screaming ;^) > What I want is more matched games. So I don&#x27;t have to spend time playing 10 games in order to play 1 interesting game. Do you want only interesting games, or long queues before interesting games? > Of course it is not easy. But instead of spending resources on new skins and new UI invest into actual RESEARCH. > One can only hope ... The matchmaking and coding teams are not the same that create skins or the new client, so there's no resources spent on either project, but on _all_ projects.
: Yeah, no one played it BECAUSE of the high queue times. But this is talking about the CURRENT system, where EVERYONE plays. That's roughly 700000x the number of people in teambuilder. With the massive number of people, at least a few will queue up as support or fill. Hell, if teambuilder had the number of people in regular queues, I bet the queue times would have been shorter. Surprisingly enough, more people means the queue times will be shorter. If the queue times were too long, then less people would have queued. Teambuilder has an almost infinite cycle of long queues and no people. With the number of people in Normals/Ranked, I BET that the queue times would be shorter. See when the old system was implemented. It wasn't perfect, but it got somewhat changed, then autofill was put into EVERY rank. THAT, personally, is what I'm complaining about. Not from Diamond above, but in Bronze, Silver and Gold. Those ranks have the VAST majority of Ranked players. As such, many players that don't know how to support play support. If this system was purely in the higher ranks, the Masters and Challengers, then we wouldn't be complaining.
There is something you forget: * Support demand is far superior than the offer. Which means that a few lucky ones will get a match in a reasonable time frame, and the rest of the world gets long waiting times. * If a match can't be found within a certain time frame, it extends the search to higher and lower MMR brackets. The latter is the reason for the "unfair" matchmaking and one of the reasons low queue timers are a necessity.
Shiwah (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=League ó Recable,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=BJjreV6a,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-19T13:58:26.319+0000) > > Okay clearly you&#x27;re not informed but never mind anyway Informed about what? > I instead farmed and pushed all the way to their nexus, love how everyone forgets that detail as to why we won the game. Does it justify the verbal abuse you spouted in retaliation? Are you aware that Tyler1, despite his prowess with Draven, got banned for his own verbal abuse and intentionally ruining people's games when the world didn't revolve around him? Do you think that his Draven scores would justify him running down mid?
You're assuming that good people never do anything wrong. You're also assuming that good people never get attacked.
: > [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=MfvsOiwO,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2017-03-19T10:25:26.694+0000) > > Or maybe no one _could_ provide an answer because they had no idea of what was going on -- ever considered this possibility? > > To OP: glad it&#x27;s solved, could you perhaps share if you got 80 euros worth of RP or if the payment didn&#x27;t go through and you didn&#x27;t get your money subtracted? It could help somebody else having the same problem in the future. This community is big enough. Big enough to find at least one person at a time that could potentially help and give a proper answer to the asked question. When it comes to Payments, especially errors that occur, i find this to be extremely important. Even if a person doesn't know the proper answer, at least redirecting his question to the adequate section could be of use. Because when it comes to this, the person who is a victim of an error probably creates some kind of panic and helplessness, so at least knowing that he isn't alone is worth it. The OP's response to my question was absolutely correct. Players do like reading and clicking on various threads about complaining, uninstalling and being permanently banned. Especially if the thread is of an offensive nature, players love getting the joy for being "right" and just continuously spreading the negativity. **Oh, by the way, regardless of your intention for writing that comment, i find it completely unnecessary and useless to just write me back in that abrasive manner. It's like, you are literally stepping on my shoe, trying to prove me something or what not. I did not ask for your opinion regarding my comment that is nothing but an expression of how i feel. No need to reason feelings, as they are not yours, nor did i ask for an "explanation" to an unknown question that you answered to. Thanks for understanding **
> [{quoted}](name=Lucifer Spirit,realm=EUNE,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=MfvsOiwO,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2017-03-19T16:42:30.515+0000) > > This community is big enough. Big enough to find at least one person at a time that could potentially help and give a proper answer to the asked question. The boards are used by a small fraction of the population. I agree that a proper response would have been adequate, but you can't force people not knowing it to provide one. I mean, you didn't even try to give it yourself: you simply noted the lack of one. For the record, if I were here I'd have said to wait out and then contact the support, since it's the usual stuff that goes when something like that occurs.
TiredOldMan (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=sF05u8Gu,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-19T15:51:55.275+0000) > > In fact, ranked teams have their own queue in LoL... and in real life, they&#x27;re professional teams. What do you think Real Madrid and Cloud 9 have in common? > > There have been suggestions to tie MMR to personal skill. But they&#x27;ve been shot down because of these reasons: > > * It would actually encourage going rogue. Players would play for KDA, not for team. > * It&#x27;s a team game, not your personal stage. > * It would penalize players with horrible KDA but good decision making/charisma. > * It would also penalize splitpushers. > * It would penalize disabled players that meet the aforementioned requirements. Yes it would if you use KDA for a calculation. And obviously this is a bad approach to solve the problem. Some of your bullet notes should be actually used in calculation. - Split pushing is a skill, not easily learned, lets reward it - KDA is not a measure for anything - MMR is used for personal measurement, lets abandon it completely Lets add some more: - how many wards did you placed - did you survive fight with low hp or died needlessly - etc... But you are getting out of topic. We are talking about how to get equally skilled players being matched (no smurfs, no bought accounts, ...). How to get there is a big problem. Staying with MMR is not a solution.
> [{quoted}](name=TiredOldMan,realm=EUNE,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=sF05u8Gu,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-19T16:09:54.118+0000) > > But you are getting out of topic. > We are talking about how to get equally skilled players being matched (no smurfs, no bought accounts, ...). > How to get there is a big problem. Staying with MMR is not a solution. I'm not getting out of topic if I'm talking about alternatives to MMR (which is what you want to be implemented). You're assuming that player skill is static, or fixed. Well, guess what, it isn't. And it depends on a lot of random factors, which might not even have anything to do with the game. It's the reason that measuring player skill accurately over a long span of time is outright impossible. The problem is that saying "stop with MMR, create something else" is easier said than done. If no one that manages online games based on rankings has found an alternate, fair, and simple method to rank players yet, do you think that simply screaming to find it would actually make the solution appear by itself?
Shiwah (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=League ó Recable,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=BJjreV6a,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-19T13:58:26.319+0000) > > Okay clearly you&#x27;re not informed but never mind anyway Informed about what? > I instead farmed and pushed all the way to their nexus, love how everyone forgets that detail as to why we won the game. Does it justify the verbal abuse you spouted in retaliation? Are you aware that Tyler1, despite his prowess with Draven, got banned for his own verbal abuse and intentionally ruining people's games when the world didn't revolve around him? Do you think that his Draven scores would justify him running down mid?
> [{quoted}](name=League ó Recable,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=BJjreV6a,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-19T16:09:39.807+0000) > > An eye for an eye. ...makes the world blind. > But I agree with you about Tyler1, however I did it ONE time, and only because the team was being ungrateful, saying they don&#x27;t need me in the team fights because I suck, so I said to them as seen in my chat logs, &quot;win without me then&quot; which they wouldn&#x27;t have until I started playing properly again. So? You basically shot your own leg with this one. I agree on the fact it isn't nice to get told those things -- far from it. But, fortunately, the mute button exists.
Dèranqed (EUW)
: Actually, they don't. The average wait time for even a master is 7-8 min at best. You seem to postulate a lot. I would really prefer to discuss with you, as long as you stick to facts rather than fabrication. Just out of curiosity do you even know what you are talking about? Because otherwise, I am not willing to dignify your claims with answers.
I might be wrong about queue timers in high elo, but your own assumption on how things would be better without autofill is not more valid than my experience with queue times in Teambuilder, and seeing complaints about queue times on the boards for over 3 years. Since we can't see eye to eye, I agree on ending this line of discussion. Especially because you seem to assume that non-autofilled players have better chances of being competent at their chosen role than autofilled supports -- which, humorously enough, is contradicted by complaints on how many play a given role and can't play it at all...
Show more

Shiwah

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion