: > The whole "supports that can carry" is not something that should be in league of legends. OK, why? Why is it acceptable in dota2 but not in LoL?
> [{quoted}](name=Wandering Mist,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bEzgk73G,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-01T23:19:59.048+0000) > > OK, why? Why is it acceptable in dota2 but not in LoL? Are you serious? Dota 2 is buildt around it. Every champ is overtuned, and I mean everyone. Which is why their supports need to be able to do carrying aswell, so they got insane damages. The way the games are played are entirely different aswell. Dota 2 has destroyable terrain (trees), you can't simply back so you need a courier, map is much larger, there is highground and lowground affecting vision. There is a straight up skilltree where you choose 1 of 2 traits when reaching specific levels, you lose gold when you are killed and the best way to travel long distances is spending cash on teleport scrolls. Dota 2 has a way different setup, while LoL in comparison is for special eds kids. But League usually had the gimmick that their supports is mostly there for being a tank, CC, zoning and peel. Abilities to help their team. Look at Thresh, he has a hook, engage, his flay for CC, lantern for shield and save allies and his ult to create some seriously ground control. League's supports has been usually like that. Alistar, Nautilus, Braum, Bard, Rakan and so on and so forth. By trying to change it up so drasticly to add an aditional carry into the mix, who has healing, CC and stealth BUT also has alot of damage which takes the concept of "supports can carry" that is within Dota 2 you are really going to create only distaster. Imagen if Call of Duty suddenly starts to take ideas from Battlefront 2 and starts adding heroes into the picture that is far stronger than normal soldiers. Just because they are both 1st person shooters doesn't mean they blend well. Same with LoL and Dota 2, they are both Mobas, but they sure as hell don't blend well.
Rioter Comments
: Ryzes kit is the biggest design failure riot ever made.
No, Senna is one of the biggest failiures. They made a high damage ADC support. A new form of Pyke just with a kit to be even safe and 3 times more to offer the team. A champ designed entirely out of "We don't have a champ with a big gun". Also we have Zoe who is just a fail brought back from the past in a new coat. Her kit is buildt out of old Nidalee, they reworked Nidalee because her previous kit was impossible to balance, and now Zoe is made out of the old kit with some changes but the same core. We also have Fiora where they said "We are gonna make a fun little mini game out of her kit" which was just dumb as hell. It's not even a mini game, it's attack from the glowing spot which is impossible to miss because her Q tracks them. With true damage all the way through, no mana costs, no cd, invincibility and anti CC which has no real penalty if failed because the slow is just insane. Kalista is just god awefull and another Riot attempt to try new things, made a champ so useless you could bring Sion back from before his rework and he'd still be 10 times better in the game and this current horrible meta than Kalista is. There are worse things than Ryze in this game, but Ryze's biggest problem this preseason is how Conq was reshaped to fit spam champs like him.
: This is since TT was removed, where the bots had been hiding in before. However, i wonder how long it takes until Riot realizes the HORRIBLE experience this gives new players, now that all of the bots appear on the map where new players make their first steps into the game.
> [{quoted}](name=LootAndPillage,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=jAO9Q2AB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-01T05:57:08.438+0000) > > This is since TT was removed, where the bots had been hiding in before. > > However, i wonder how long it takes until Riot realizes the HORRIBLE experience this gives new players, now that all of the bots appear on the map where new players make their first steps into the game. Botgames ain't LCS, so they wont care.
Rioter Comments
zCyclone (EUW)
: What the %%%% is OP on Aphelios? Like literally. I played him so much in PBE that I got bored of him already. He's normal. Walmart Kalista but little bit strong in late game which is LIKE EVERY %%%%ING ADC IS.
> [{quoted}](name=zCyclone,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=dwasZZLu,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-29T08:12:00.971+0000) > > What the %%%% is OP on Aphelios? Like literally. I played him so much in PBE that I got bored of him already. He's normal. Walmart Kalista but little bit strong in late game which is LIKE EVERY %%%%ING ADC IS. Because in this current state there are some factors you need to coniderate. 1. He is in PBE. They can change his numbers at any given time, he is not a finished product. 2. with his new wide kit there is alot to balance, and we all know how "good" riot's balance team are, so people are worried. 3. People don't know how to use his kit. released Qiyana had a terrible winrate to begin with, but when people started to get a real hang off her kit we all found out how busted she is. 4. We just got a new champion, why force a new one so soon? Riot has lost the faith of their community ages ago. Their money is spendt on K-pop and LCS while the game is rotting with a new stroke of paint or a new pebble being tossed in now and again. The game is so rough it has developed a crust, and instead of polishing what they have they add new things to try to make the game look more shiny.
: > [{quoted}](name=Story For Glory,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=yKI5oE8E,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-27T10:51:09.670+0000) > > Look, I face diamonds all the god damn time, even all the way up to grandmaster. And let me tell you, I have whooped diamonds left right and center, so don't bring that crap. > > Him being a diamond is meaningless to me I've checked your match history. When you face Diamonds, it's usually D4/D3 and you lose more than half of those (compared to your opponent's performance). I could only find two games where you had to face a D1 and both games you got shit on REALLY hard. D1 and D4 are insanely far apart in terms of skill. But sure dude, you are God. You beat them all - and if not, it's the champions who are op. That's why you have been in Gold for five years. I don't think there is any point in talking to someone this delusional.
> [{quoted}](name=Bananenschnder,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=yKI5oE8E,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-27T11:22:40.695+0000) > > I've checked your match history. When you face Diamonds, it's usually D4/D3 and you lose more than half of those (compared to your opponent's performance). > > I could only find two games where you had to face a D1 and both games you got shit on REALLY hard. D1 and D4 are insanely far apart in terms of skill. > > But sure dude, you are God. You beat them all - and if not, it's the champions who are op. That's why you have been in Gold for five years. I don't think there is any point in talking to someone this delusional. Check most recent game, my Kayle was master. Earlier about 3 weeks go (If my memory don't fail me) I saw a grandmaster. Oh and get shit straight, I never called myself good, pro or anything from playing with them. I said I'm used to it, so get your delusions out of your head right now. And lets get something straight about akali's high energy cost since you obviously don't know how her kit works. Each spell she use activates her passive, which deals good damage with both AD and AP scalings. It restores 10 energy. Also her shroud has no cost, but instead restores 80 energy. That is alot of energy sustain. Her Q can be cast more than once, because she has so much utility when it comes to her recourse. Now, she can throw her Q atleast 3 times by that logic, and her shroud that also grants movement speed landing her passive is no sweat, so her using an example of a combo she throws her Q, slows, she moves in for a basic attack, maybe throw out shroud to close the gap, throws another Q, basic attacks, then another Q. Her E is optional, maybe used as a gapcloser if the guy hides too far back or she use it to disengage if she feels like she overextends. And Conq not having true damage is no problem, because having close to 300 magic resist doesn't matter, because MR is terrible in general. It hit bruisers and the likes to lose the true damage when Conq was reshaped to fit casters. Look at Ryze's sustain capabilities for example. Also just for you, since you are such a lovely person to talk to I went into the training kit, went to lvl 4, set up a training dummy with 100 magic resist, bought 2 longsword and tested out the usualy way an akali would play. So I can EASILY use my Q 3 times. No sweat. I can also stay realtively safe, easy, I can engage and disengage at choice. Oh and I also manage to deal over 520 damage also counting the shuriken engage. Surprisingly easy to pull off aswell, they can't do shit. Whatever dash attack they have to engage or disengage with they must use to escape. Otherwise they must eat my damage. Unless they are Kled with true vision, there is nothing they can do. Now lvl 5, I bought bilgewater cutlass and one amplifying tome. And we just raised up to 800 damage. lvl 6, gunblade and sorcerer shoes I usually dealt between 1500 and 1300 damage. Now this is important to note, my ult does not go at full force because the dummy has too much health, so it's more or less minimal damage it does. Against an actual player the damage would be more because they would be at low health. I mean, that is ALOT of damage from early on and up, sustainable damage at that. And all these mentions I did was against 100 magic resist. You don't see that in in lvl 6. So, if you say MR isn't useless, then that means if I had lets say 60 MR I would get murdered in no time, or if akali isn't broken, that means MR is shit, but she is fine. It's like Aatrox before the nerfs. There was a counterplay, sure. Avoid his sweetspots. But the sweetspots was so rewarding it didn't make much difference. Akali has the same setup with her kit. You can counterplay her, but her risk and reward factors are HEAVILY unbalanced.
: She doesn't really have spammable spells. While her Q has 1.5 seconds cooldown, it costs 100 energy early. That's half her energy bar. So early, she can Q twice every 20 seconds and deals about as much damage as a single auto attack by her. Her E and W have huge cooldowns that are punishable. Also she is really squish; if you land an E with Ornn you basically take half her HP off of that. The reason you felt that you can't do anything is rather that you faced a Diamond 1 player than that you faced Akali. The skill difference between D1 and G4 is probably far greater than the difference between G4 and Iron. Imagine that you play versus someone who is Iron/new to the game and how you would stomp.; it's about the same here. That player could probably pick Janna Top and still make you feel like you can't do anything. PS: Conq is overtuned right now and that's not a secret. Although the new conq healing is actually **worse** once you reach ~100 resistance.
> [{quoted}](name=Bananenschnder,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=yKI5oE8E,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-27T10:27:03.890+0000) > > She doesn't really have spammable spells. While her Q has 1.5 seconds cooldown, it costs 100 energy early. That's half her energy bar. So early, she can Q twice every 20 seconds and deals about as much damage as a single auto attack by her. Her E and W have huge cooldowns that are punishable. > Also she is really squish; if you land an E with Ornn you basically take half her HP off of that. > > The reason you felt that you can't do anything is rather that you faced a Diamond 1 player than that you faced Akali. The skill difference between D1 and G4 is probably far greater than the difference between G4 and Iron. Imagine that you play versus someone who is Iron/new to the game and how you would stomp.; it's about the same here. That player could probably pick Janna Top and still make you feel like you can't do anything. > > PS: Conq is overtuned right now and that's not a secret. Although the new conq healing is actually **worse** once you reach ~100 resistance. The moment you said "You faced a diamond 1 player" you lost me. Look, I face diamonds all the god damn time, even all the way up to grandmaster. And let me tell you, I have whooped diamonds left right and center, so don't bring that crap. What I struggle with is champions, not the players. Here is the gimmick: As Ornn I can never land my E on an akali with brains, because he does not use his little shuriken dash for the SOLE purpose to avoid my E. And trust me, her cone attack done twice with her passive and her stealth removing all chance to fight back added with 1 ability used only for engage, escape, dodge or chase there ain't much you can do. That means I must eat her Q AND her basic attack if I try to fight back. So already there, if it's someone who just knows the basics of akali properly I'm automaticly at a disadvantage because of the champs design. Him being a diamond is meaningless to me, because that is the majority of what I play with and against. Either I want too or not, so nothing I'm not used too there.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Evoki11 (EUNE)
: New Elder Dragon buff
Every champion has 5 abilities if we count their passive. Imagen that elder dragon gives a 6th ability, and that ability is Urgot's ult. Once you reach under the health threshold you execute them. So initially, this new elder dragon buff gives an entire team an Urgot ultimage just without the AoE fear. I hate it, the entire concept is a disgrace and i honestly think this season is gonna be worse than this one. Too early to tell? Not with riot games, because they keep a steady course when they start something.
: > Abilities give 2 stacks? Afaik Only ranged auto atacks give you 1 stack. Making Ryze and Cassio extremely obnoxious if they take conq Most likely it will be nerfed if that were the case we are still in preseason afterall. But I honestly don't see a Ryze or Cassio player picking conqueror over phase rush. Their kit is built for burst not sustain so phase rush helps them stick or leave a target and conqueror is more of a sustain/long fight rune.
> [{quoted}](name=xXx Kish xXx,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bX4hOEkV,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-21T12:51:33.524+0000) > > Most likely it will be nerfed if that were the case we are still in preseason afterall. > But I honestly don't see a Ryze or Cassio player picking conqueror over phase rush. > Their kit is built for burst not sustain so phase rush helps them stick or leave a target and conqueror is more of a sustain/long fight rune. Ryze can E, snare, Q, E, Q. And from that, he proc conq. Spells gives 2 stacks, the rune is busted.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Kill this mage meta already
Had a Ornn game, 299 magic resist. That is ALOT, either it's MR or armor. But then a brand support comes in, 2 levels below, {{item:3151}} {{item:3098}} {{item:3802}} and {{item:3020}} and can still deal over 1k damage. 2 levels in difference aswell. Explain to me how any MR item has any real meaning again?
JustClone (EUNE)
: 300 IQ advice... {{item:3156}} <<< THIS will make you immortal against burst damage, like syndra, lux etc... {{item:3102}} <<< VERY GOOD, if someone is engaging on you like blitz, ashe, malph... {{item:3140}} <<< Is enough, if their burst is reliant on applying hard cc to you... lux, veigar, malza, etc... {{item:3157}} <<< If their burst comes all at once. {{item:3111}} <<< Can do miracles, by lowering the time you stay in CC. Usually combination of one or two of those will completely shut down their option to one shot you from full HP. And instead Q-W-E-R on you, they will need to start thinking... And believe me, people fail while thinking a lot.
> [{quoted}](name=JustClone,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=MQkbNsPQ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-08T13:22:04.503+0000) > > 300 IQ advice... > {{item:3156}} <<< THIS will make you immortal against burst damage, like syndra, lux etc... > {{item:3102}} <<< VERY GOOD, if someone is engaging on you like blitz, ashe, malph... > {{item:3140}} <<< Is enough, if their burst is reliant on applying hard cc to you... lux, veigar, malza, etc... > {{item:3157}} <<< If their burst comes all at once. > {{item:3111}} <<< Can do miracles, by lowering the time you stay in CC. > > Usually combination of one or two of those will completely shut down their option to one shot you from full HP. > And instead Q-W-E-R on you, they will need to start thinking... > > And believe me, people fail while thinking a lot. I was promised 300 IQ advice, but all I got was 30 IQ gibberish. Why on earth would any tank or bruiser buy {{item:3157}} if they aren't {{champion:82}} ? {{item:3111}} Oh yes, those 25 MR works wonders. Tenacity doesn't matter when you get oneshot by any burst mage. {{item:3156}} Oh I cannot imagen a mage that can burst through that one in a second. {{champion:103}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:69}} {{champion:60}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:518}} {{champion:517}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:134}} {{champion:45}} {{champion:112}} {{champion:142}} {{item:3102}} Oh great idea, shame it's a MAGE ITEM!!!!! {{item:3140}} Oh yeah, it's a nice item. Shame the MR it gives still lets them burst you down, but it is great against CC in general, not that much help against the majority of burst mages tho.
Torkl (EUW)
: Midlane is literally the weakest it has ever been..(mostly because other roles are alot stronger tho) Look at worlds how ridiculous low impact midlaners had, all they could do decently was splitpush.
> [{quoted}](name=Torkl,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=MQkbNsPQ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-08T11:46:55.976+0000) > > Midlane is literally the weakest it has ever been..(mostly because other roles are alot stronger tho) Look at worlds how ridiculous low impact midlaners had, all they could do decently was splitpush. You can't compare worlds to the rest of the game. The way they play is way more different than anything else in the entirety of league of legends. Have you EVER been in any game where they play like any of those in worlds? Have you? It's like comparing old boys football to the pro league. Mages can deal over 3k damage through 200 MR. That is not a small ammount of damage I tell you. worlds is not a valid point to make to compare with what? millions of other players? They are in worlds because the playstyle there is entirely different. If we all played like that then there wouldn't be any worlds to watch because nothing about it would be outstanding. Riot is TERRIBLE at patching their game. I mean this new season pounds bruisers into nothing and creates a scenario making sure there is no escape from rengar by adding the possibility of MORE bushes for him to leap from all around the map. They overbuffed Garen to high heavens and plan to nerf champs that aren't really broken.
Rioter Comments
Ahri Baka (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Story For Glory,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=JTOstad5,comment-id=000400000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-01T06:53:31.948+0000) > > Well what I really want is magic resist to be something that is worth getting. But that is NEVER gonna happen. A full MR build is no match against boots and void staff. > > So yeah, chances are if anything gets touched it's gonna be one champ at a time. So yeah, I think Ahri is bullshit. Wouldn't be if riot did their job properly but nope. Not how it is. The thing is , you are only crying and %%%%%ing , you never bring actual arguments , I can't even counter any arguments because you literally bring non.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahri Baka,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=JTOstad5,comment-id=0004000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-03T17:25:28.017+0000) > > The thing is , you are only crying and %%%%%ing , you never bring actual arguments , I can't even counter any arguments because you literally bring non. Dude, there are mages out there who push lanes as fast as Pantheon does with just 1 item. Building Magic Resist for the magic resist is so pointless, because you can get void staff and sorcerer shoes for 3750 gold. That is hella cheap for some damn good pen items. That means if I have 100 magic resist you force me down to roughly 36 (Not sure if I did the math right but anyone feel free to correct me) So if I am to build against this I need good MR items. The boots are pointless, you buy them for tenacity, not the MR. Getting {{item:3193}} is no use early on if I play a tank, not worth getting at all if I play bruiser or something else. {{item:3156}} This one is 3250. But most of the time there is no point getting it because the majority buys {{item:3053}} as it's the better option in general to shield from all and you get max health. So buying {{item:3065}} or {{item:3194}} helps, but they are 50 gold more expensive and just gives 55 MR each. Which means if I am to make it create some difference I must buy another item. So the most I'll get from {{item:3194}} and {{item:3065}} together is 110 MR. 2 item slots filled. Also that is the most MR I can get from buying 2 items. And lets say I do buy {{item:3111}} which gives me 25 more MR, so we are up in 135. Now how good is that when the oponent has 500 or more AP with 40% pen from {{item:3135}} and up to 30 plat penetration from {{item:3020}} and {{item:3165}} when mages starts casting on you? Also Ahri can also deal 20% more magic damage AND true damage thanks to her charm. So lets look at a lategame ahri. Taken from the most populare item build on Mobafire lets say ahri in lvl 18 lategame has full build having {{item:3135}} {{item:3089}} {{item:3285}} {{item:3157}} {{item:3102}} and {{item:3165}} she has a total of 753 AP. With that her Q has a base damage of 140 and AP scaling of 264. Fox fires has 140 base and 226 scaling dealing up to 586 to a single target. Her charm deals 180 base and 301 scaling and also makes sure the target takes 20% more damage from her. While her ult deals 120 base damage and 264 aditional scaling she can cast 3 times. With 40% from {{item:3135}} and 30 plat pen extra against 135 MR, what do you think happens? You shred your target with little to no effort. It's like playing Veigar, you just do a tiny bit more but the effort is the same. And atleast 366 is true damage, which can also deal 20% more aditional damage. So where is the balance from such a kit that also allows you to escape the majority of situations most others cannot? Where is the true weakness? How is such a thing I didn't even count Luden's extra burst of 175 EXTRA magic damage that ALSO SCALES WITH YOUR CHARM. On a dummy with exactly a 100 MR I always deal over 3k damage. 3k damage is ALOT of damage. And I refuse to believe 35 extra MR would make a huge difference in the game. It wont be game changing I can tell you that much. So there is the points you asked for. Let me hear your defence of this BS?
Ahri Baka (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Story For Glory,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=JTOstad5,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-28T18:12:38.309+0000) > > Yeah my odd that 20 games of ranked through an entire season didn't get me to grandmaster. > > Urgot is a monster, I don't defend him. Aatrox is kinda shit, if I can kite his Q with Gangplank and beat him it says alot by itself. If he doesn't win early he will lose late. > > But unlike you I can admit the second main champ on my profile is just a monster that doesn't take much effort once you get shit going. > > Shame you can't admit that with Ahri and her BS kit. Nah , it's pathetic , if you really think she is BS then good luck.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahri Baka,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=JTOstad5,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-31T13:47:57.880+0000) > > Nah , it's pathetic , if you really think she is BS then good luck. Well what I really want is magic resist to be something that is worth getting. But that is NEVER gonna happen. A full MR build is no match against boots and void staff. So yeah, chances are if anything gets touched it's gonna be one champ at a time. So yeah, I think Ahri is bullshit. Wouldn't be if riot did their job properly but nope. Not how it is.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Ahri Baka (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Story For Glory,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=JTOstad5,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-10-26T18:36:59.396+0000) > > Found the no skill ahri main Not gonna argue with people like u , if you complain about Ahri while playing Aatrox and Urgot , you'll always be hardstuck
> [{quoted}](name=Ahri Baka,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=JTOstad5,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-10-27T11:17:21.542+0000) > > Not gonna argue with people like u , if you complain about Ahri while playing Aatrox and Urgot , you'll always be hardstuck Yeah my odd that 20 games of ranked through an entire season didn't get me to grandmaster. Urgot is a monster, I don't defend him. Aatrox is kinda shit, if I can kite his Q with Gangplank and beat him it says alot by itself. If he doesn't win early he will lose late. But unlike you I can admit the second main champ on my profile is just a monster that doesn't take much effort once you get shit going. Shame you can't admit that with Ahri and her BS kit.
Rioter Comments
: Please, remove the noobs
I had a game where my mid picked Kassadin for the early game. Flamed, trolled and kept wanting to surrender after getting rekt by Yasuo. I can relate.
Ahri Baka (EUNE)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Ahri Baka,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=JTOstad5,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-10-26T15:07:26.495+0000) > > learn to play Found the no skill ahri main
Rioter Comments
: That rank is your provisional rank that you will get if you lose all of next 8 placements You dont have a rank until you finish 10 games that is just to try help people know the lower rank that they can get if they lose all placements
> [{quoted}](name=Kitty Girl,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=LEr8132O,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-25T17:54:36.531+0000) > > That rank is your provisional rank that you will get if you lose all of next 8 placements > You dont have a rank until you finish 10 games that is just to try help people know the lower rank that they can get if they lose all placements Alright, thanks alot. Got a little scared I wouldn't get the victorious skin this season
Rioter Comments
IzzŸ (EUW)
: ohhh there's a new series? had no idea, literally thought they were talking about her existence lmao
> [{quoted}](name=IzzŸ,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=ivPoMjW6,comment-id=000100000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-10-12T20:33:02.555+0000) > > ohhh there's a new series? had no idea, literally thought they were talking about her existence lmao Oh yeah they did. Feminism 101 character right there.
IzzŸ (EUW)
: D...do you know Batwoman has existed as a character since 1956? She isn't new or part of some "trend"
> [{quoted}](name=IzzŸ,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=ivPoMjW6,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-10-12T04:30:58.543+0000) > > D...do you know Batwoman has existed as a character since 1956? She isn't new or part of some "trend" In the new series she is. Quite obnoxious too, they removed everything about her to make some butch lesbian that steals from bruce vayne and acts independent.
Rioter Comments
Zuptra (EUW)
: you want people to dig into your match history? because the only factor in uneven teams seems to be you https://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=STORY+FOR+GLORY Gangplank game 0-13-8 kayn 3-7-2 Gangplank again 1-11-1 Veigar 9-17 ??
> [{quoted}](name=Zuptra,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=O6GYK4jd,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-11T05:59:07.145+0000) > > you want people to dig into your match history? because the only factor in uneven teams seems to be you > https://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=STORY+FOR+GLORY > Gangplank game 0-13-8 > kayn 3-7-2 > Gangplank again 1-11-1 > Veigar 9-17 > ?? the 0/13 game froze my game up for about a minute outside of turret range, I got killed and was 3 levels behind after dying lvl 1. Then I got perma dived and their team went wherever I was. The Kayn game went poor for me no excuse, the toxic gangplank wasn't much help either calling me a racist and claiming I fed his lane and pushed it despite not being top. The 1/11/1 game their support kept roaming top for 3 man ganks while bot didn't ping or bother to do anything since they lost 2v1. The Veigar game idk what I was doing most of the time, it wasn't tilt or anything. Just very poor decision making and a huge lack of focus.
: Is Riot trying to chase away their playerbase?
Oh yeah, forgot to mention the 30 seconds to a minute random freeze that happens once a day. Only in LoL. Only once a day.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Riot, matchmaking needs to be fixed
Update: Now it was a challenger :D Can riot top this extremely horrible matchmaking? Can they find a way to beat challenger? To hell with mmr, I should never have to be in the same game as a god damn challenger EVER.
Rioter Comments
: Riots design philosophy with aatrox as an example
Not long ago I saw a stacked Nasus, then he and 4 others came to deal with Aatrox who had half health. Aatrox came out of that alive with a quadra because they didn't have {{summoner:14}} {{item:3123}} {{item:3075}} or any other anti heal source. Aatrox is still strong, just not as much as before. I do miss the revive, tho.
: That and make him able to save the empowered auto from W. As of now, he close to always have to auto after W.
> [{quoted}](name=Trist mid opop,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=EybjbEdT,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-30T09:28:40.378+0000) > > That and make him able to save the empowered auto from W. As of now, he close to always have to auto after W. You can save it, but you need to instantly give him a new move order before he lands, then he'll walk away without doing the auto. It's like the 2 barrel combo to GP just much easier. A little practice and you're golden. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Rioter Comments
Uraraka (EUNE)
: I play mage support ({{champion:143}} {{champion:518}} ) and I often build {{item:3111}} {{item:3047}} {{item:3157}} kind of items, even if they're inefficient for the gold i get and not going to give damage stats much. It somewhat kills the purpose of mage support by not giving damage stats, but I play like a diver-walk in, get a full combo go Zhonya (both have two cc in E and R), get the team mates clean up the kills and flash out or walk out if they're alive rarely dying. Sometimes I have escaped with 5-10 hp, which can be really annoying for opponents. Problem is I say to build against the opposition team mate to adc players and like 95% of time all they build is attack speed or attack damage; I know only those things are listed in recommended items, but especially against assassins insta-deleting them they should build more defensive. {{champion:30}} is one of those champions who is great for clean up, especially when players don't respect his damage. I have seen that they don't even try to get some auto on minions to get life steal with items like {{item:1055}} {{item:3153}} {{item:3072}} to atleast try their best to survive; if I write anything more-they start writing lots of chat of how I don't have a shield or heal to save them. {{item:3814}} {{item:3156}} are for the defensive stats and idk what's wrong in building 1 or 2 defensive item, against a champion or a particular type of champions that is causing more damage. In {{champion:8}} games also this is common; he is weak early game and once he hits the item/level power spikes, he simply walks into players, pull out full combo kill one or two and walk out. Sometimes I have seen players ganging up on {{champion:8}} and he wins 1v2,1v3 easily.
> [{quoted}](name=maayonmaayan,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=aVzXIsg0,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-26T19:49:46.681+0000) > > I play mage support ({{champion:143}} {{champion:518}} ) and I often build {{item:3111}} {{item:3047}} {{item:3157}} kind of items, even if they're inefficient for the gold i get and not going to give damage stats much. It somewhat kills the purpose of mage support by not giving damage stats, but I play like a diver-walk in, get a full combo go Zhonya (both have two cc in E and R), get the team mates clean up the kills and flash out or walk out if they're alive rarely dying. Sometimes I have escaped with 5-10 hp, which can be really annoying for opponents. > > Problem is I say to build against the opposition team mate to adc players and like 95% of time all they build is attack speed or attack damage; I know only those things are listed in recommended items, but especially against assassins insta-deleting them they should build more defensive. {{champion:30}} is one of those champions who is great for clean up, especially when players don't respect his damage. I have seen that they don't even try to get some auto on minions to get life steal with items like {{item:1055}} {{item:3153}} {{item:3072}} to atleast try their best to survive; if I write anything more-they start writing lots of chat of how I don't have a shield or heal to save them. > > {{item:3814}} {{item:3156}} are for the defensive stats and idk what's wrong in building 1 or 2 defensive item, against a champion or a particular type of champions that is causing more damage. In {{champion:8}} games also this is common; he is weak early game and once he hits the item/level power spikes, he simply walks into players, pull out full combo kill one or two and walk out. Sometimes I have seen players ganging up on {{champion:8}} and he wins 1v2,1v3 easily. Yeah but that is why you buy {{item:3814}} because when he ults, you activate it and BOOM! Ult prevented.
Rioter Comments
Jupimm (EUNE)
: Were did you saw a nerf on Riven ? I just saw a buff on Fiora {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
> [{quoted}](name=Jupimm,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=QGh8Vdo0,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-08-21T07:16:36.306+0000) > > Were did you saw a nerf on Riven ? I just saw a buff on Fiora > {{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}} They changed Riven's CD on her Q to be at 12 seconds at all levels.
Zanador (EUNE)
: All right, let's go down the list. Azir has owned the title of "No.1 strongest champion" when he had to be nerfed. Very long range, massive burst, ADC level sustained damage, mobility, teamfight changing ultimate and massive gank potential, all in AOE. Nothing could beat him between silver and pro league. Ornn has been nerfed because of the pros. He was a very safe pick and basically guaranteed a win for his team if the match lasted too long. He isn't gutted tho. He is a situational pick, but he still works well enough. GP: do you mean before or after rework? In both cases you will be wrong, but i don't know which one to explain. Swain again, pre or post rework? In this case post is more likely, so.. he was simply nerfed because he had insane lane harass and very good teamfight presence too. But i don't see how a champion with 51.41% winrate is "gutted". Viktor: His Klepto build was simply ridicculous. Pro teams couldn't handle it, solo queue couldn't handle it, flex couldn't handle it, so he had to be nerfed. Braum: yeah, he is in a bad spot now. Mostly due to a shifting meta, the pros and not just the nerfs he received a year ago. Nautilus, Rakan or even Pyke simply worked better as aftershock supports and aftershock is just really good still. Kalista is pretty much a design mistake. Her mechanics are interesting, unique and fun to use, but basically impossible to balance. At the top of her power she could basically kite anyone who didn't kill her instantly and she had a safer play style than basically every other ADC. Kassadin before his visual rework? You mean KassaWin? I wonder why he might have been gutted... It is true that Riot has used the "gut now, find a rework later" tactics a few times before, but none of those cases were for no good reason. And the champions you listed had way better reasons to be nerfed than Riven ever did.
> [{quoted}](name=Zanador,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=QGh8Vdo0,comment-id=00040000000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-20T13:40:15.190+0000) > > All right, let's go down the list. > > Azir has owned the title of "No.1 strongest champion" when he had to be nerfed. Very long range, massive burst, ADC level sustained damage, mobility, teamfight changing ultimate and massive gank potential, all in AOE. Nothing could beat him between silver and pro league. > > Ornn has been nerfed because of the pros. He was a very safe pick and basically guaranteed a win for his team if the match lasted too long. He isn't gutted tho. He is a situational pick, but he still works well enough. > > GP: do you mean before or after rework? In both cases you will be wrong, but i don't know which one to explain. > > Swain again, pre or post rework? In this case post is more likely, so.. he was simply nerfed because he had insane lane harass and very good teamfight presence too. But i don't see how a champion with 51.41% winrate is "gutted". > > Viktor: His Klepto build was simply ridicculous. Pro teams couldn't handle it, solo queue couldn't handle it, flex couldn't handle it, so he had to be nerfed. > > Braum: yeah, he is in a bad spot now. Mostly due to a shifting meta, the pros and not just the nerfs he received a year ago. Nautilus, Rakan or even Pyke simply worked better as aftershock supports and aftershock is just really good still. > > Kalista is pretty much a design mistake. Her mechanics are interesting, unique and fun to use, but basically impossible to balance. At the top of her power she could basically kite anyone who didn't kill her instantly and she had a safer play style than basically every other ADC. > > Kassadin before his visual rework? You mean KassaWin? I wonder why he might have been gutted... > > It is true that Riot has used the "gut now, find a rework later" tactics a few times before, but none of those cases were for no good reason. And the champions you listed had way better reasons to be nerfed than Riven ever did. Azir was repeatidly nerfed even after he was tuned down from being the strongest champ in the game, they hit him so hard long ago that for a long time there was no point in picking him. Ornn has also been in a terrible spot for a while after the hard nerfs. Kalista and Braum is a fine example, nerfed and left behind. I'm not talking prenerf kassadin as in "pick kassa to win". He was tuned to what he is today long before the rework which is why you stopped seeing him for a long time. The nerf to stop his silence oneshot wonder also hit him hard due to it being an AD assassin meta where Zed and such reigned. However right before the visual update came along (Which is what it was, visual update ony) they gutted his ult removing the ability to rift through most walls in league, reducing the rift range. However back then when Kassa got his visual update he was weaker than he is now due to the shifting meta and such. But they did gut him for no good reason. They also hit Viktor hard before the Klepto meta was discovered by changing the cost of his first passive upgrade to cost 250 more instead of just 1k. Made his lane surprisingly harder against most champs and he lost his ability to push and play safe. And before you say his E is too good of a lane push tool {{champion:103}} Q can do the same with less cost of mana and a blasting wand with lower CD.
Zanador (EUNE)
: For example?
> [{quoted}](name=Zanador,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=QGh8Vdo0,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-08-19T21:44:05.047+0000) > > For example? Azir, Ornn, Gangplank, Swain, Viktor, Braum, Kalista, Kassadin (right before his visual rework),
Zanador (EUNE)
: Riven is an interesting champion, because on the surface it seems like every trouble with her boils down to raw numbers or core design mistakes, but in reality it's mostly about the design direction Riot has choosen a while back. A bit of a background for my point of view: i've played Riven quite a lot back in season 2-3 but i dropped here soon after season 4 started simply because ever since then there are always far better champions to learn for any role she can play. Ever since then i only lost about 2-3 matches if the enemy team had a Riven in it, and that makes her the lowest winrate champion in my matches in the past 6 years. The explanation comes from a number of different factors. First of all, as i said, the design direction. Back around season 4 Riot completely adapted the idea of "buff strengths, nerf weaknesses" in order to create more distinct champions. Back in season 2 basically every melee bruiser was interchangable. It didn't matter which one you picked, they had similar styles, builds, strengths and weaknesses. This had to change obviously and it mostly worked too, but there are exceptions. Riven is pretty much one of them. Riot decided to make her all about well timed skills, burst and combos. To this end they lowered her base HP regen from one of the highest in game to the literall lowest in game. Meanwhile they lowered the shield duration but increased it's strength significantly. Overall, she is good against burst damage, pokes and short trades, but she can't heal back extended trades and consistent harass. This sounds good, but it pushed Riven into a very specific direction: **her strength in lane is very much decided by her opponent. If she has the advantage in a match up, she will take very little damage and deal a massive burst with low CD then back away, but if she is countered, then she is better off going afk or leaving the lane as soon as possible.** So if you main a champion that is countered by Riven, then you will basically have no chance to ever win the lane against her. At best you can minimize the losses you take, but even for that you have to abbandon the playstyle you like, which has been probably the reason you picked your main in the first place. On the other hand if you have a bigger champion pool or you main something that counters Riven, then she will be the easiest opponent you could get. Chogath, Quinn, Jayce and Garen for example absolutely destroys her without giving her a chance even if the Riven main is several ranks higher. ----------------------------- In the end the reason why nerfing or buffing a few of her stats won't change people's oppinion about her is because her match up based nature remains. Conqueror turned some of these match-ups around, for example Pantheon is not ideal against her anymore, even tho he used to be one of her strongest counters (tho i didn't test the new version yet) and for example Poppy moved from being countered to countering Riven a while back. Riot holds back massive nerfs because Riven is already quite easy to beat in certain match ups and giving her more consistency in the form of making her weaker in her good match ups and a bit stronger when she gets countered would go against the main balancing principle Riot has held for years now.
> [{quoted}](name=Zanador,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=QGh8Vdo0,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-08-19T17:59:06.525+0000) > > Riven is an interesting champion, because on the surface it seems like every trouble with her boils down to raw numbers or core design mistakes, but in reality it's mostly about the design direction Riot has choosen a while back. > > A bit of a background for my point of view: i've played Riven quite a lot back in season 2-3 but i dropped here soon after season 4 started simply because ever since then there are always far better champions to learn for any role she can play. Ever since then i only lost about 2-3 matches if the enemy team had a Riven in it, and that makes her the lowest winrate champion in my matches in the past 6 years. > > The explanation comes from a number of different factors. > > First of all, as i said, the design direction. Back around season 4 Riot completely adapted the idea of "buff strengths, nerf weaknesses" in order to create more distinct champions. Back in season 2 basically every melee bruiser was interchangable. It didn't matter which one you picked, they had similar styles, builds, strengths and weaknesses. This had to change obviously and it mostly worked too, but there are exceptions. Riven is pretty much one of them. > > Riot decided to make her all about well timed skills, burst and combos. To this end they lowered her base HP regen from one of the highest in game to the literall lowest in game. Meanwhile they lowered the shield duration but increased it's strength significantly. Overall, she is good against burst damage, pokes and short trades, but she can't heal back extended trades and consistent harass. > > This sounds good, but it pushed Riven into a very specific direction: **her strength in lane is very much decided by her opponent. If she has the advantage in a match up, she will take very little damage and deal a massive burst with low CD then back away, but if she is countered, then she is better off going afk or leaving the lane as soon as possible.** > > So if you main a champion that is countered by Riven, then you will basically have no chance to ever win the lane against her. At best you can minimize the losses you take, but even for that you have to abbandon the playstyle you like, which has been probably the reason you picked your main in the first place. > On the other hand if you have a bigger champion pool or you main something that counters Riven, then she will be the easiest opponent you could get. Chogath, Quinn, Jayce and Garen for example absolutely destroys her without giving her a chance even if the Riven main is several ranks higher. > > ----------------------------- > > In the end the reason why nerfing or buffing a few of her stats won't change people's oppinion about her is because her match up based nature remains. Conqueror turned some of these match-ups around, for example Pantheon is not ideal against her anymore, even tho he used to be one of her strongest counters (tho i didn't test the new version yet) and for example Poppy moved from being countered to countering Riven a while back. > > Riot holds back massive nerfs because Riven is already quite easy to beat in certain match ups and giving her more consistency in the form of making her weaker in her good match ups and a bit stronger when she gets countered would go against the main balancing principle Riot has held for years now. Riot's balancing principles? You do realize they have gutted champs for less, right?
: These ppl are going to keep posting stupid threads like this unless she literally becomes unplayable. It's just like people who cry for yasuo nerfs. The counterplay is there, ppl are just too lazy to learn it.
> [{quoted}](name=Nightangael,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=QGh8Vdo0,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-19T17:05:37.901+0000) > > These ppl are going to keep posting stupid threads like this unless she literally becomes unplayable. It's just like people who cry for yasuo nerfs. The counterplay is there, ppl are just too lazy to learn it. Yasuo was broken for a very long time, but yeah if they nerf him now they will reach the point where they might aswell remove him. But you cannot deny how broken he was some time ago.
: salty riven mains have dislikes this post because they're biased
> [{quoted}](name=CampYourLane,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=QGh8Vdo0,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-19T16:56:45.254+0000) > > salty riven mains have dislikes this post because they're biased Ofcourse they do. They don't see Riven as broken because they play her alot and think too themselves that Riven is one of the most balanced champs, that they are so good with her that she looks OP to others. But I compare her kit with {{champion:82}} on the fact that it requires almost no effort to oneshot someone with the champ. Press ult and win fight, simple as that. The big difference is that people who play {{champion:82}} knows it's the champion's kit being strong as hell so it requires less to pull things off with them and they know it. But {{champion:92}} does not see this because her kit looks flashy. Having the ability to dash several times to escape and gapclose in your kit I just can't see how it is all the player and not the champ kit being overtuned. Remember the assassin meta? When Zed could snowball the map and still come back to lane with almost full HP? People called it out to be broken, but zed was a fan favorite back then so Riot was afraid to even touch him. Riven has been like this for years, and that is an issue.
Show more

Story For Glory

Level 184 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion