Hansiman (EUW)
: Who's saying they're watching it? Riot is also not reading millions of chat logs in order to hand out penalties. It's an automated analysis that takes place. FeederBuster is also automated, and analyses gameplay to detect cases of intentionally feeding. This type of analysis is much harder than analysing a chat log, because the system needs to understand the intent of player decisions.
> [{quoted}](name=Hansiman,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=8AaKV717,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-17T16:33:00.534+0000) > > Who's saying they're watching it? > > Riot is also not reading millions of chat logs in order to hand out penalties. It's an automated analysis that takes place. FeederBuster is also automated, and analyses gameplay to detect cases of intentionally feeding. This type of analysis is much harder than analysing a chat log, because the system needs to understand the intent of player decisions. 'SEE' as in a algorithm that 'SEE' the chat logs and Riot has no algorithm to 'SEE' trolling and inting (only excessive deaths) common read my comment and read it good.
Hansiman (EUW)
: They do, you just don't see the penalties that frequently. It's not that uncommon that a player comes here on boards to complain about getting banned for intentionally feeding. If they are banned for that, the ban specifically states that this is why they're banned, and a link to the game they were caught intentionally feeding in. However, intentionally feeding is also a very obvious violation of the rules, and those who commit it tend to know exactly what they're doing. That means that they're less likely to come and complain about those bans, because they understand perfectly well why they got punished. Chat penalties are more common, because for one, it's a more common rule violation to take place. However, amongst those that get punished, it's more common to see them disagree with the fact that you can get punished for verbal abuse, and thus complaints are far more common from this group since they simply disagree with being punished. --- FeederBuster is far from good enough, but it does actually catch many players intentionally feeding. It can always get better, and we players help it improve by accurately reporting those that are intentionally feeding.
> [{quoted}](name=Hansiman,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=8AaKV717,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-17T16:21:57.874+0000) > > They do, you just don't see the penalties that frequently. It's not that uncommon that a player comes here on boards to complain about getting banned for intentionally feeding. If they are banned for that, the ban specifically states that this is why they're banned, and a link to the game they were caught intentionally feeding in. > > However, intentionally feeding is also a very obvious violation of the rules, and those who commit it tend to know exactly what they're doing. That means that they're less likely to come and complain about those bans, because they understand perfectly well why they got punished. > > Chat penalties are more common, because for one, it's a more common rule violation to take place. However, amongst those that get punished, it's more common to see them disagree with the fact that you can get punished for verbal abuse, and thus complaints are far more common from this group since they simply disagree with being punished. > --- > FeederBuster is far from good enough, but it does actually catch many players intentionally feeding. It can always get better, and we players help it improve by accurately reporting those that are intentionally feeding. LOL No.. Riot will not Watch 10.000 hours of game-time per day. just to see if an int report was justified ...
: EASY WIN SORAKA ADC
Well Done! you didn't won.. but Good Editing
: >Just an advice, start suspending those who feed and go afk and int They get punished accordingly, I don’t know how aware you are of this. So basically, you are saying that people shouldn’t get suspended, no matter how toxic they are, if they are investing money in the game? As someone who has spent over ~276 GBP–308 Euro on this game, **at least**, I believe I’m entitled to say that this is just a game. I believe, what you state is wrong. I know people who have spent money on this game and still don’t care. The toxic ones need to realise that no, they cannot buy themselves into the game, and they won’t be treated differently just because they’ve spent money. That’s their voluntary decisions, they still need to adapt to the rules, not the rules to them. You can’t blame toxicity on those who play badly. I’m not a good player, and I have bad games, and I still get flamed. Sorry, but we are human beings, and we make mistakes. It’s not my fault if one can’t keep cool and get tilted easily. They deserve to be judged because they were judgemental as well.
> [{quoted}](name=MlND THE GAP,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=8AaKV717,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-16T11:42:17.196+0000) > They get punished accordingly, I don’t know how aware you are of this. No they are not. Chat logs are solid evidence and therefore easier to punish players. Inting and Trolling is very hard to 'see' it unless you watch the game itself. and Riot employees are not doing that.
VaVoem (EUW)
: Smurfing. Good or Bad?
Can some one tell me what the difference is?
VaVoem (EUW)
: Smurfing. Good or Bad?
Tnx to Shiwah this is going off-topic way to long.. let get it back on track. In my prev post everyone agreed that placing high skilled players in low mmr games is unfair for the people that has low mmr. But now, when it is called Smurfing.. we see a shift. Can you plz tell me why ?
Arrcros (EUNE)
: i hope ur joking
> [{quoted}](name=Arrcros,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=IF59vUm1,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-13T18:44:56.087+0000) > > i hope ur joking sorry but the windwall is the biggest joke.
Arrcros (EUNE)
: Because we had conversation on forum in submit request board and they said when my accounts are gonna be deleted and i want to log in so i can see conversation to check the date,i searched on email isnt there,thats why.
> [{quoted}](name=Arrcros,realm=EUNE,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=R2uHH9Y0,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-08-13T18:43:07.445+0000) > > Because we had conversation on forum in submit request board and they said when my accounts are gonna be deleted and i want to log in so i can see conversation to check the date,i searched on email isnt there,thats why. you can find your support ticket on the support site https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/ (if you can login) or in your email. but.. i can assure you.. in 40 days your accounts are really gone. i can promise you that :)
: Well, let's write a reply from my smurf account. a) You can't stop smurfing. No matter what you try to do, there are workarounds. Unless you literally force everyone to show up in person at riot HQ with a valid ID if they want to register an account, it's just impossible. b) Even if you could stop smurfing, that wouldn't be desirable. Yes, there are people who use their smurf accs to troll, and I won't claim I've never played less seriously on this account than I would have on my main, but that is not the norm. For the most part, people use their smurfs to learn new roles or new champions (being a top lane main, I play a lot of mid on my other smurf) or to get a "fresh start" when they feel like they got stuck in an mmr they can't escape from (which is the reason I made this particular account). And there are other reasons too. Most of those reasons aren't malicious like trolling or just "stomping noobs".
> [{quoted}](name=Tempest of Flame,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=ofyjAm6w,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-08-13T18:49:08.658+0000) > > Well, let's write a reply from my smurf account. > a) You can't stop smurfing. No matter what you try to do, there are workarounds. Unless you literally force everyone to show up in person at riot HQ with a valid ID if they want to register an account, it's just impossible. > b) Even if you could stop smurfing, that wouldn't be desirable. Yes, there are people who use their smurf accs to troll, and I won't claim I've never played less seriously on this account than I would have on my main, but that is not the norm. For the most part, people use their smurfs to learn new roles or new champions (being a top lane main, I play a lot of mid on my other smurf) or to get a "fresh start" when they feel like they got stuck in an mmr they can't escape from (which is the reason I made this particular account). And there are other reasons too. Most of those reasons aren't malicious like trolling or just "stomping noobs". tnx for the reply :) and i am aware of this. This dilemma is as old as Rome :) "Can you make a law if there is no way to enforce the law?" the points you make: a: i know :( b: are normal games not a good way to learn a new champion? and trolling is bannable. (even when it is a smurf account:P )
: link it.
> [{quoted}](name=ned the kled,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=ofyjAm6w,comment-id=0000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-08-13T18:51:16.559+0000) > > link it. https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/zKlK88JJ-a-new-way-to-punish-players
Shiwah (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ceberuz,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=ofyjAm6w,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-13T18:39:29.185+0000) > > Don't sweat it, in his eyes duo-boosting isn't breaking Riot rules, it's just being carried.., I'd like to know where you got that from... Fun fact, SMS verification can't be legally used in the EU as a mandatory piece of data to access a video game service.
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=ofyjAm6w,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-13T18:43:38.090+0000) > > I'd like to know where you got that from... > > Fun fact, SMS verification can't be legally used in the EU as a mandatory piece of data to access a video game service. so you are saying that ranked is mandatory?
Ceberuz (EUW)
: Don't sweat it, in his eyes duo-boosting isn't breaking Riot rules, it's just being carried.., but it's valuable insight given that mentality must be shared in the Riot organisation, you get to understand why this game is so random and such a giant mess. OT though, smurfing is bad for both players and the ladder, should it have any sort of integrity, it could _almost_ be solved with SMS-verification given that disposable phone card is a thing of the past in the western world.
> [{quoted}](name=Ceberuz,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=ofyjAm6w,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-13T18:39:29.185+0000) > > Don't sweat it, in his eyes duo-boosting isn't breaking Riot rules, it's just being carried.., but it's valuable insight given that mentality must be shared in the Riot organisation, you get to understand why this game is so random and such a giant mess. > > OT though, smurfing is bad for both players and the ladder, should it have any sort of integrity, it could _almost_ be solved with SMS-verification given that disposable phone card is a thing of the past in the western world. yep that is a good idea and RIOT did that with CLASH. but a 'senior emissary' told me in the other post i made today that that is not possible due to legal reasons. he could not explain it in detail bcz it is complicated and he is no lawyer.
: I don't see how he's harassing you since you're the one that started it by flaming him for being an emissary... still didn't explain what being something on the boards has to do with anything on gameplay
> [{quoted}](name=ned the kled,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=ofyjAm6w,comment-id=00000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-08-13T18:39:57.895+0000) > > I don't see how he's harassing you since you're the one that started it by flaming him for being an emissary... > > still didn't explain what being something on the boards has to do with anything on gameplay on an other post..
Shiwah (EUW)
: Not sure about the link between smurfing and being an emissary... care to explain? At least I'm glad you got the advice about properly presenting your real point.
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=ofyjAm6w,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-13T18:35:35.117+0000) > > Not sure about the link between smurfing and being an emissary... care to explain? Cant you STOP harass me? THANK YOU.
Shiwah (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=VaVoem,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=ofyjAm6w,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-08-13T18:26:03.516+0000) > > Everyone agreed that smurfing is bad for the game and for the players. No, they didn't.
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=ofyjAm6w,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-13T18:30:21.031+0000) > > No, they didn't. sorry.. you, an emissary, think smurfing is good.. i wonder how long you keep that green ow and tnx for the feedback on this topic.. you are a great representative for Riot..
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: I was S5 last season, after promos (if I remember right I only won 1 or 2), I still got right into the S5.
> [{quoted}](name=Healerius Hiiri,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=2vpIa5UM,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-08-13T17:29:41.884+0000) > > I was S5 last season, after promos (if I remember right I only won 1 or 2), I still got right into the S5. then in off season you improved your MMR
Arrcros (EUNE)
: i need help
let me understand you. you want 2 of your accounts to be deleted. right? and riot said it take at least 30 days. but now you want to login on one of those account, but you cant bcz you get "incorrect username or password" i can tell you that OP.GG uses his own servers and only get info trough the API. so their info stays longer / for ever on the internet. why you get "incorrect username or password" is bcz the account is blocked and is waiting to get perma deleted. (the 30 days is for you, if you change your mind, and for Riot to hope you come back and keep playing and spending money). What i do not understand is WHY you even want to go on that account.. when are the 30 days past?
: You know... humanity invented a ton of various punishments. But the improvement really started when people stopped inventing new kinds of punishment and strarted to think of how to really get along with other people.
> [{quoted}](name=Rainfollower,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-08-13T16:42:14.397+0000) > > You know... humanity invented a ton of various punishments. But the improvement really started when people stopped inventing new kinds of punishment and strarted to think of how to really get along with other people. yep i agree but sometimes you need rules and when you have them they need to be enforced. 'dont forget that; pure freedom is the same as anarchy. and that is bad to'
Shiwah (EUW)
: I'm referring to this: https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/zKlK88JJ-a-new-way-to-punish-players?comment=0004000000000000 Unless you wanted downvotes for god knows what reason, you could've had an actual discussion on the smurfing problem by... talking about smurfing. Just an idea, eh?
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=00080000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000003,timestamp=2018-08-13T16:27:51.216+0000) > > Ugh. I get it. What you aren't getting is that I'm explaining that you are *not* actually meeting your goal if making people discuss and hate smurfing. > I can't make it much clearer than this... an example.. it is in german.. but google translate is your friend (if you can not read it) https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/spielerverhalten-de/sH3a40Oj-smurfing
Shiwah (EUW)
: I'm referring to this: https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/zKlK88JJ-a-new-way-to-punish-players?comment=0004000000000000 Unless you wanted downvotes for god knows what reason, you could've had an actual discussion on the smurfing problem by... talking about smurfing. Just an idea, eh?
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=00080000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000003,timestamp=2018-08-13T16:27:51.216+0000) > > Ugh. I get it. What you aren't getting is that I'm explaining that you are *not* actually meeting your goal if making people discuss and hate smurfing. > I can't make it much clearer than this... but you still don't know what my goal is.... nor you ask what it is.. i suggest you look at the viewcount, the comments, and the discussion as a whole. and what it did accomplish. i am happy. but not yet satisfied. Smurfs must be a thing of the past.
Yung 64bit (EUNE)
: League freezing every minute for 1-2 seconds
^ is a solid idea. but if it is 'random' the look in your EVENT VIEWER. you will find all the hiccups / errors / warnings. dont be scared if you see over a 1000 notifications... just focus on the errors and timestamp. and start googleing it.
Shiwah (EUW)
: I'm referring to this: https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/zKlK88JJ-a-new-way-to-punish-players?comment=0004000000000000 Unless you wanted downvotes for god knows what reason, you could've had an actual discussion on the smurfing problem by... talking about smurfing. Just an idea, eh?
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=00080000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-08-13T16:07:08.873+0000) > > But they're not discussing smurfing - they're discussing your bronze V idea, which is what gets downvoted. > That's why I'm telling you that you aren't really reaching your goal here. It's not news that most players hate smurfs, hence why duscussions on smurfing don't gain much traction - they're just a circlejerk. Humpelstilzche. he gets it. why don't you? and what do you think is my goal? and... "your bronze V idea" ? are you trying to bait me in making an assumption? or are you transforming my post in 'a bronze V idea'
: 8-2 Placements and silver V?
RIOT uses soft reset. if you ended prev season in Silver 1 then (if you do 50/50) you end up in Bronze 1. if you lose all you go to B3~4 if you win all you go to S3~4.
: > i am sorry for the shot reply i gave you that was blunt. Don't worry about it, all good ;) > i think the best way to counter smurfing is something RIOT already made for Clash. And that is phone number verification. I'm not a lawyer, so I am afraid I am not able to explain WHY exactly it works that way, but asking people for their phone number strongly depends on why you are asking. Just because it's legal for an optional tournament this doesn't mean it's legal to ask everyone who wants to play the game. I know because we tried (or had the idea to trie) the same in my company (also a gaming company) and we were not allowed to do it.
> [{quoted}](name=Humpelstilzche,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=000400000000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-13T15:56:30.170+0000) > > Don't worry about it, all good ;) > > I'm not a lawyer, so I am afraid I am not able to explain WHY exactly it works that way, but asking people for their phone number strongly depends on why you are asking. Just because it's legal for an optional tournament this doesn't mean it's legal to ask everyone who wants to play the game. I know because we tried (or had the idea to trie) the same in my company (also a gaming company) and we were not allowed to do it. hmmm.. that Sucks. but you are saying that, IF normal games are the CORE of LOL then Ranked is optional. problem solved :P if it was that easy :( ps. i will not give up. and i will come back to shackle those little Dutch blue gremlins.
Shiwah (EUW)
: I'm referring to this: https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/zKlK88JJ-a-new-way-to-punish-players?comment=0004000000000000 Unless you wanted downvotes for god knows what reason, you could've had an actual discussion on the smurfing problem by... talking about smurfing. Just an idea, eh?
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=0008000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-13T15:41:21.343+0000) > > I'm referring to this: https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/zKlK88JJ-a-new-way-to-punish-players?comment=0004000000000000 > > Unless you wanted downvotes for god knows what reason, you could've had an actual discussion on the smurfing problem by... talking about smurfing. > Just an idea, eh? the idea is not new and i have read /commented and (i think i made a post about smurfing) but that never got so much attention as this post. and in reply to that hyperlink. more downvotes = better bcz people see (from and other angle) that smurfing is wrong. so saying that the downvotes comes from smurfs is. wrong. if any, smurfs should upvote this post if they think smurfing has a positive impact on the game. or at least ignore the fact that putting high skilled players in low mmr games is bad.
: They do not refuse, they fail...if you want to phrase it that negatively. If you want to say it more nicely: There is simply no realistic way to prevent smurfing. Sure, Riot could say "It's forbidden", but there is no way to actually live up to this rule. Riot can't do shit against smurfing except making it more attractive not to smurf (which they did, for example with the infinite leveling system). How would you even track and punish smurfs? I don't even have to know your suggestion, I can already answer you. It's one of these 3: a) It's technically impossible b) It's illegal c) It will result in unacceptable many players being banned/not able to play although they didn't do anything wrong I know that because, as I said, we have had this discussion for almost a decade. This at least the 100th time I read a discussion about smurfing. But well, maybe you are the first with a brilliant idea: If you were in charge, how would you effectively shut down smurfing? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that you care about newbies and think that smurfing is a bad thing and you are 100% right about that. But that particular problem is not that easy to solve and the fact that there is no solution yet has nothing to do with Riot not caring or being incompetent. It's because there is no feasible solution for the problem.
> [{quoted}](name=Humpelstilzche,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=0004000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-08-13T15:36:40.693+0000) > > They do not refuse, they fail...if you want to phrase it that negatively. If you want to say it more nicely: There is simply no realistic way to prevent smurfing. Sure, Riot could say "It's forbidden", but there is no way to actually live up to this rule. Riot can't do shit against smurfing except making it more attractive not to smurf (which they did, for example with the infinite leveling system). > > How would you even track and punish smurfs? I don't even have to know your suggestion, I can already answer you. It's one of these 3: > a) It's technically impossible > b) It's illegal > c) It will result in unacceptable many players being banned/not able to play although they didn't do anything wrong > > I know that because, as I said, we have had this discussion for almost a decade. This at least the 100th time I read a discussion about smurfing. > But well, maybe you are the first with a brilliant idea: If you were in charge, how would you effectively shut down smurfing? > > Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that you care about newbies and think that smurfing is a bad thing and you are 100% right about that. But that particular problem is not that easy to solve and the fact that there is no solution yet has nothing to do with Riot not caring or being incompetent. It's because there is no feasible solution for the problem. you made me smile with this perfect reply and i am sorry for the shot reply i gave you that was blunt. but i think the best way to counter smurfing is something RIOT already made for Clash. And that is phone number verification. and i think it would be perfect to implement it for all accounts that want to play ranked.
Shiwah (EUW)
: I did, and that's why I'm telling you that your presentation is terrible. Gloating about downvotes from smurfs (and I'd be very interested in knowing how you know the downvotes come from people supporting smurfing, instead of people downvoting your troll-suggestion) while stating you wanted to widen people's perspective on a problem is kinda contradictory, when you're the one dismissing the problem as such in your own presentation. That's not how debates are done. That's how trolling is done.
"Gloating about downvotes from smurfs (and I'd be very interested in knowing how you know the downvotes come from people supporting smurfing, instead of people downvoting your troll-suggestion) " i don't know if you can not understand or misread or want to F me.. but i will report you and i let your colleagues help you.
: Greetings, You have to relog to fix it.
> [{quoted}](name=PhreaksHairLine,realm=EUNE,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=6jqZhzaQ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-08-13T15:27:48.661+0000) > > Greetings, > > You have to relog to fix it. tnx!!
Shiwah (EUW)
: Today I ate some salad after a week of junk food, which is pretty cheap. Junk food is good, but McDonals underpays third world workers. ^ That's your presentation. I don't need to assume anything, since you're the one who assumes that downvotes come from smurfs.
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=000800000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-13T15:25:30.424+0000) > > Today I ate some salad after a week of junk food, which is pretty cheap. > Junk food is good, but McDonals underpays third world workers. > > ^ That's your presentation. > > I don't need to assume anything, since you're the one who assumes that downvotes come from smurfs. if you have read the comments you know that, that analogy is... wrong. and you assume again that you know what i am thinking...... "I don't need to assume anything, since you're the one who assumes that downvotes come from smurfs." LOL and NO! i never said that nor am i thinking that..
: >Shadowisles : Australia (sorry) U wot m8
> [{quoted}](name=A Snarky Cyclone,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=qg4cI2XE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-11T15:28:15.373+0000) > > U wot m8 noooo nooo not Australia.. it is Tasmania
Shiwah (EUW)
: Next time you should directly discuss the point you want to make, instead of expecting everyone to read your mind and your subsequent comments.
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=0008000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-13T15:20:38.777+0000) > > Next time you should directly discuss the point you want to make, instead of expecting everyone to read your mind and your subsequent comments. plz do not assume nor imply that you know what i want.
: Because too fast!
> [{quoted}](name=Proud Weirdo,realm=EUNE,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=6jqZhzaQ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-13T15:20:35.627+0000) > > Because too fast! okeeeeeeee :){{champion:33}}
King Lego (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=VaVoem,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-13T15:04:41.802+0000) > > yes. i know. and i agree that it is a terrible idea. read the comments and you understand. > tnx again :) I have a feeling I'm going to lose brain cells if I even do so... Fine then. Here goes nothing. Edit: Nope. Shouldn't even have considered what you said. League and football aren't the same even in systems.
> [{quoted}](name=King Lego,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=00080000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-13T15:08:05.499+0000) > > I have a feeling I'm going to lose brain cells if I even do so... > Fine then. Here goes nothing. > Edit: Nope. Shouldn't even have considered what you said. League and football aren't the same even in systems. wait.. are you trolling me? :D But i will assume you did not read what i hoped you would read. so i will explain it here. The idea i posted is TERRIBLE. Putting high skilled players in games were low-er skilled players do their absolute best to win the games. it is TERRIBLE! and so is Smurfing. (this is the short version)
Rioter Comments
ChocoParis (EUNE)
: His idea was that if someone is forced to get from high elo to bronzed this will force a lot bronze players to quit. They will simply get stomped over and over this is not attached to the smurf problem.
> [{quoted}](name=ChocoParis,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=000800000001,timestamp=2018-08-13T14:56:43.713+0000) > > His idea was that if someone is forced to get from high elo to bronzed this will force a lot bronze players to quit. They will simply get stomped over and over this is not attached to the smurf problem. just bcz it is in bronze and not in silver and gold.. it is all of a sudden a completely other problem? are you the one that is implying that bronze players are not the same as silver/gold players?
: Was the most basic example. How you see my example is exacly how we see your one. I just didn't want to say somethig bad, but just let you think about. My idea: nonsense, rage, try to revenge myself, immature. Your idea: "I gave this idea a lot of brain power." + what I said up.
> [{quoted}](name=TheToysTracker,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=00070000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-13T15:00:10.725+0000) > > Was the most basic exemple. How you see my example is exacly how we see your one. I just didn't want to say somethig bad, but just let you think about. > > My idea: nonsense, rage, try to revenge myself, immature. > Your idea: "I gave this idea a lot of brain power." + what I said up. tnx for not making it a personal attack.
King Lego (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=VaVoem,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-08-13T14:49:36.103+0000) > > Thank you for your reply and i am happy you have the same view about the problem ' Smurfing' What same view? I literally said your idea is terrible...and what does smurfing even have to do with all this?
> [{quoted}](name=King Lego,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2018-08-13T14:53:40.954+0000) > > What same view? > I literally said your idea is terrible...and what does smurfing even have to do with all this? yes. i know. and i agree that it is a terrible idea. read the comments and you understand. tnx again :)
Snowbrand (EUW)
: Champion reworks: Predictions for next year and who needs it?
{{champion:142}} no counterplay {{champion:157}} windwall needs to change. i think a windforce (0.5sec) to redirect the incoming dmg, that can dmg the enemy for the same dmg it otherwise would get. see it as a mirror that reflect light. {{champion:86}} you think.. why? but with the new items and masteries... garen Q can do 1k dmg (grasp and stormrazor).. it is stupid.. Tank assassins are BS!
King Lego (EUNE)
: This idea is a lot more terrible than that post about the ADC having the right to sell his support (of support is bad) and gain like 1k gold, and get the support player completely out of the match. I'm sorry, but once someone gets the 14 day ban, they will be forced to keep in mind that a perma ban is around the corner. Hell, I bet this will cause a great ton of players to even quit League for good. I don't know what main issue you got, whether inting or flaming, but this right here is not even a proper solution. There are bronze players (evem bronze friends of mine) who play the game purely for fun, couldn't care less about climbing or improving, and if your idea gets alive, it will even have them get stomped for....well forever for all I know, and not enjoy the game anymore and quit.
> [{quoted}](name=King Lego,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-08-13T14:46:18.259+0000) > > This idea is a lot more terrible than that post about the ADC having the right to sell his support (of support is bad) and gain like 1k gold, and get the support player completely out of the match. > > I'm sorry, but once someone gets the 14 day ban, they will be forced to keep in mind that a perma ban is around the corner. > > Hell, I bet this will cause a great ton of players to even quit League for good. > I don't know what main issue you got, whether inting or flaming, but this right here is not even a proper solution. There are bronze players (evem bronze friends of mine) who play the game purely for fun, couldn't care less about climbing or improving, and if your idea gets alive, it will even have them get stomped for....well forever for all I know, and not enjoy the game anymore and quit. Thank you for your reply and i am happy you have the same view about the problem ' Smurfing'
: No need to read them because I already understanded your point and you started wrong with it. Maybe for you is a 50/50 idea made by angry, revenge, or minimal informations, but for us is terrible. I don't know your experience about the game, but just on forum I have more than 2 years (just checked). I saw a lot of similar posts made with the same idea and answers from the staff who hard declined. At least you understand what was the problem and maybe next time you will gonna have a better idea.
> [{quoted}](name=TheToysTracker,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2018-08-13T14:41:15.595+0000) > > No need to read them because I already understanded your point and you started wrong with it. Maybe for you is a 50/50 idea made by angry, revenge, or minimal informations, but for us is terrible. I don't know your experience about the game, but just on forum I have more than 2 years (just checked). I saw a lot of similar posts made with the same idea and answers from the staff who hard declined. > At least you understand what was the problem and maybe next time you will gonna have a better idea. so you know it is about smurfing? then why all the assumptions and your reaction about "new way to punish players"?
Strigina (EUNE)
: What? All I am saying is your proposal is even worse than smurfing and damn, that's something. Because it even affects those who were mostly unaffected by smurfing so far.
> [{quoted}](name=Strigina,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2018-08-13T14:39:34.269+0000) > > What? All I am saying is your proposal is even worse than smurfing and damn, that's something. Because it even affects those who were mostly unaffected by smurfing so far. aha.. so it is true.. but in a good way :) good point :)
: You know what? Lets move all bad players, trolls, flamers, afk in Bronze division and after relax. If someone flame then we will not give him chat restriction or ban, but just move him to Bronze V. Same with trolls and afk. You are Diamond 1 and flame? Now you are Bronze V. Lets make Bronze division our trash can because we are the best players with Royal Blood and noobs corrupting us. _-_ See how bad this idea sounds? Same with your idea and you already know the reasons.
> [{quoted}](name=TheToysTracker,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-08-13T14:25:44.101+0000) > > You know what? Lets move all bad players, trolls, flamers, afk in Bronze division and after relax. If someone flame then we will not give him chat restriction or ban, but just move him to Bronze V. Same with trolls and afk. You are Diamond 1 and flame? Now you are Bronze V. > Lets make Bronze division our trash can because we are the best players with Royal Blood and noobs corrupting us. > > _-_ > > See how bad this idea sounds? Same with your idea and you already know the reasons. yes i see. it is a terrible idea :) read the comments and you understand what my point is :)
: I would indeed be surprised. I've been on these forums for 7-8 years now and players were always critical about smurfing. It was not necessary to make your point, it's been made almost a decade ago already^^ For the future I recommend to properly discuss about the topic you want to discuss about. That's waaaaay more useful for everyone involved.
> [{quoted}](name=Humpelstilzche,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=00040000000000000001,timestamp=2018-08-13T14:18:25.267+0000) > > I would indeed be surprised. I've been on these forums for 7-8 years now and players were always critical about smurfing. It was not necessary to make your point, it's been made almost a decade ago already^^ > > For the future I recommend to properly discuss about the topic you want to discuss about. That's waaaaay more useful for everyone involved. sometimes people need to see a new angle to widen their perspective ;)
Strigina (EUNE)
: > but smurfing has the same outcome Smurfs don't start in bronze 5 with bronze 5 MMR. New accounts have silver MMR and it jumps rocket speed during placements.
> [{quoted}](name=Strigina,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-08-13T14:20:57.698+0000) > > Smurfs don't start in bronze 5 with bronze 5 MMR. New accounts have silver MMR and it jumps rocket speed during placements. are you implying that bronze players are not the same / has not the same rights as Silver/gold players?
: I would indeed be surprised. I've been on these forums for 7-8 years now and players were always critical about smurfing. It was not necessary to make your point, it's been made almost a decade ago already^^ For the future I recommend to properly discuss about the topic you want to discuss about. That's waaaaay more useful for everyone involved.
> [{quoted}](name=Humpelstilzche,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=00040000000000000001,timestamp=2018-08-13T14:18:25.267+0000) > > I would indeed be surprised. I've been on these forums for 7-8 years now and players were always critical about smurfing. It was not necessary to make your point, it's been made almost a decade ago already^^ > > For the future I recommend to properly discuss about the topic you want to discuss about. That's waaaaay more useful for everyone involved. wait.. Riot knows smurfing is problematic for almost 10 years and they still refuse to do anything about it??
: Given the very negative reaction to your thread I guess this method didn't go very well, especially if you consider that usually most people here on the forums agree that smurfing is problematic.
> [{quoted}](name=Humpelstilzche,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2018-08-13T14:08:14.135+0000) > > Given the very negative reaction to your thread I guess this method didn't go very well, especially if you consider that usually most people here on the forums agree that smurfing is problematic. my point is made. the more down votes the better :) and you will be surprised how many people are defending smurfing.. considering that many players (iam guessing, 40%) have a 2nd account...
: > so.. yeah.. i will ignore that. So you are fully aware of an extremely crucial problem about your idea and your solution is to ignore that? Sorry, but this immediately disqualifies your idea and also lets me doubt if your claim that you "gave this idea a lot of brain power", because you obviously avoided thinking about the most important problem of your idea. I am sure your brain can do better!
> [{quoted}](name=Humpelstilzche,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=zKlK88JJ,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-08-13T13:41:07.573+0000) > > So you are fully aware of an extremely crucial problem about your idea and your solution is to ignore that? Sorry, but this immediately disqualifies your idea and also lets me doubt if your claim that you "gave this idea a lot of brain power", because you obviously avoided thinking about the most important problem of your idea. I am sure your brain can do better! no. :) hit it right on the spot.. i used an other angle to let people think about smurfing and how big of a negative impact it has on the games.
VaVoem (EUW)
: A new way to punish players
This idea came from football. where clubs that had terrible management and supporters got demoted or losing points.
Show more

VaVoem

Level 112 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion