Ellen Allie (EUNE)
: How to get better in Ranked
Hello Ellen, sorry for your bad games. I can tell you that it happens to all of us. Don't worry too much about it. Let me just drop a few words on the ranked topic: I want you to understand, that ranked is something completely different in terms of mentality, especially in low elo. Ranked is a competitive enviroment, where people get really affected by bad plays because something is on the line. People care about their own rank which depends on the performance a team as a whole puts together. Is it justified to flame or blame people for bad games then? Of course not. I just want you to understand, that it will happen. A lot of people can't deal with loses that are visibile in terms of their own rank. Second thing is that you have to play draft pick and you can get harder matchups a lot easier than in blind pick. If you don't know how to play a lane from a disadvantage position then i wouldn't jump into ranked anytime soon again. Knowing matchups and champions is, at least most of the times, a must-have to put out a good solo performance. As harsh as it sounds, but being barely level 30 still means, that you are a newbie in this game. The real game actually starts at level 30. It's not meant in a condescending way and i don't want to judge your plays since i haven't seen any, but i can't believe that you actually understand the game already to the point where it's save to say that you can jump into ranked games and simply climb. I have a smurf on EUNE and if you want you can add "lIIIIIIlIIIIIIIl". We can play a bit together/against each other and we'll see what you an improve on in a short amount of time
: Please help, I've fallen and cant get up (wake me up inside.jpg)
What Armho says is pretty relevant factor to consider. People are not forced to play a role anymore that they are not familiar with. You will end up with a role you feel confident about, since you queued up for it. Another thing is, that a lot of rather high ranked people dropped quite a bit. That means, that there are quite a few games in gold that have platinum level. Same to silver and so on. Everything shifted quite a lot - at least from what i've seen. At lot of former gold players are still silver, a lot of former plat players are still gold. These players that barely made it to platinum last season, just to make an example, are struggling to climb against the players they had problems with last year. That's the currently all around situation from my perspective. To your situation now: You seem to make reasonable decisions to climb again. But a good change, that could work doesn't mean that it is appropriate for the situation. You can give someone the best food, doesn't help him if he's thirsty. Did you evaluate if what you are doing is reasonable? Did you analyze your problem? Was everything you did reasonable regarding your problems? You've been doing a lot without the results you expect. That causes irritation and makes you desperate. Apparently you've been trying a lot for a really limited amount of time, which is not only inefficient but also burns you out. Instead of going top-down, go bottom-up. You are looking at your overall stats, kill participation, gold, etc. That doesn't really tell you anything about the game though. What if you got a few really nice kills without getting any objective out of it but you threw the game with one missplay? Is looking at mere numbers really the thing you should do then? Shouldn't you rather look at situations and keep especially these in mind and deduct what actually happend, so you can find the appropriate fix to your problem? My tip: back to the sketchboard and follow the thumb rules again. Play the champions you are confident in, don't play stuff in ranked that you are unfamiliar with. Ban stuff, that you can't deal with. Take a look at everything that matters throughout the game. Keep situations in mind that should not appear again, mind every mistake and remind yourself over and over again, if it happens again. And most important: Don't lose confidence. You have been a plat player. Remind yourself how and why that was. I'm pretty sure you haven't forgotten how the play the game over night. Of course, the game constantly changes and the average player will get better since there is a lot infomation out about the game. Not every meta will be your meta. But don't just randomly try things out and ruin your ranked experience with it.
HdtvTh (EUNE)
: Weird ping inconsistencies
You've figured it out yourself already. Every game has different routing, sadly you don't always take the same route to the Riot servers. It's not directly bound to the game, sometimes restarting the client and reconnecting helps, if you already notice in the loading screen. Testing your upload/download/ping ond an external site won't do anything, since you are not testing with the Riot-specific servers. Rest assured, there are a lot of people, me included, who have the same issue. It's not much you can do about the routing from your end.
: > [{quoted}](name=Void prevails,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=ohmPNJ1N,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-01-02T17:40:29.047+0000) > > I just assume that you want to stream League. Because it obviously depents on what kind of game you want to stream. Fast paced, high motion games take a quite a bit of upload speed. 3000-3500kbps is the highest that Twitch really recommends and that should be sufficient for 1080p/30-45FPS, hence your upload speed is more than enough. From 6Mbps upwards, Twitch considers it as abuse of the system. > > Source (Reddit.com): > > [Here](https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/26seq4/max_bitrate_still_3500/chu3y6c) > [And here](https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/26seq4/max_bitrate_still_3500/chu6zj) > > Be careful and take into consideration that you need a pretty decent processor to stream in 1080p. You might want to post your PC specs to let us check or recommend any settings. i3 4160 3.6 ghz geforce msi 950 2gb 8 RAM
> [{quoted}](name=Kawaii Isla Chan,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=ohmPNJ1N,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2016-01-16T12:09:57.921+0000) > > i3 4160 3.6 ghz > geforce msi 950 2gb > 8 RAM I would recommened to start streaming rather in 720p instead of 1080p. If i'm correct, the CPU is a dual core and will take a lot of performance. Just try it out, your upload is more than fine to answer your initial question.
Darvor (EUW)
: Training as a shotcaller
There are a lot of different things to take into account when it comes to shot calling. And these are not only on your end. Let's make a small list: **Be decisive** This is simply a must have. You have to stand behind your own decision, pretty much: Just do it. It will turn out right or wrong, that's all that can happen. Nothing better, nothing worse. If it goes right, you'll learn from it. If it goes wrong' you'll learn from it. Your basically have nothing to lose. If were never vocal about the game while playing, then it will obviously take some time. But be direct, tell them exactly what your plan is in a few words. Not explanations or anything, there is no room for that. With that being said, make sure the next point applies. **Make sure, that your team trusts you** Probably the most important aspect. Make sure, that your team trust you and just listens to the call. They should not question your calls or be hesitant, since that's something incalculable. The idea behind this is: A bad call commited by everyone might not turn out as bad as a good call where no one followed. In fact, making calls is in most of the cases not about being a good call or a bad call. It only depends on the execution, if the call is good or bad. A good idea will never bring you any benefit. So again: You team just has to trust you and try. **Learn to shift attention or make shot calling natural** This is a really simply concept that applies to basically every activity you do in live. Imagine the following: You, as a human, have specific attention span. Imagine it like a jar that you can fill with different activities. Depending on the activity, the jar will fill more or less. A lot of people for example can't listen to one thing and still pick up all information from another source, hence their jar is almost completely full when listening to something. Same goes with writing, a lot of people also can't write and answer at the same time. A lot of people can listen to something and also eat at the same time though, means, that eating doesn't take away a lot of attention. As mentioned, the same concept applies to League. At the start, nobody takes a look at his mini map cause he's too busy to farm/look for the other champion. But that changes depending on how much you practice, like playing and instrument and singing at the same time. Practice reduces the amount you fill that jar with, thus you have more attention to spare for other things. That should be your goal. You should be confident and trained enough, to not have to spend too much of your attention on shot calling or playing the game. Keep in mind, that shot calling is something that takes a lot of your attention at the start, since it's not something you practice. So practice and make sure, that shot calling is a natural thing to you. Really important point.
: Keyboards, Mice and and Micepads, present your Weapons Ladies and Gentlemen!
Keyboard: Qpad MX 85 Mouse: Mionix Castor Mousepad: Big one from SteelSeries, no idea what the name is
Kapros (EUW)
: Help me understand how this works, because i don't get it anymore
Oh, it is exactly as you said. This is a team game and it has been criticized plenty, that you have a solo ranking system in a team based game. It's kind of strange, maybe even contradicting, but we have to look at the facts: High elo player can get to high elo again whenever they want. To many players it may seem like that the system is completely broken and individual performance doesn't matter. But you can't simply disregard the fact, that people always end up again, where they belong. Hence the system works, everyone who tries to deny that is simply disregarding what's already been proven. If you really think, you can be a lot higher than you are right now, then don't invest anymore time in this account and make a new one. Try your 10 games, see where you end up. It's probably more efficient to confirm then trying to correct the MMR on this one. I disagree with your opinion, that recent performances should be the focus, since it doesn't really imply anything. You still play against people of your MMR. If you are truly a lot better than they are, you will have no problems to climb if your recent performance is really a lot higher than theirs. The thing is, that it would be extremely ignorant to disregard your early performance only because you didn't know how things work. This is not how competitions work, you can't just say "Damn, i fucked up at the beginning and lost a lot of points, but now i'm better." In fact, nothing in life usually works like that. You can't hope for a good grade in school, if you fucked up 4 exams but the last one is good. You can't expect to win a championship in soccer when you dropped 37 out of 50 points at the start of the season. Don't get me wrong, i don't want to appear condecending, but Bronze 5 players are simply the worst players in this game. They have every right to play and enjoy the game, but i'm not going to sugarcoat anything here. These people don't understand the game. If you understand the game, the only thing you have to do is to wait for an mistake. Because these people basically only make mistakes or rather said decisions you could easily abuse.
Kapros (EUW)
: Help me understand how this works, because i don't get it anymore
Thoughts are that the system is not perfect, but it's working. Taking a look at your Lolking profil reveals, that you have 211 wins and 247 losses and that while being at the bottom of leagues. Your win rate is roughly 46%, which is quite low considering the accumulated amount of games you've played. People have to understand, that the division system is just a mask to take away ranked anxiety from a lot of people. What determines your LP gain and what's really important is your hidden MMR. It literally doesn't matter if you are bronze 5, bronze 4 or bronze 3, the average MMR is almost the same in all these divisions. That being said, the fact, that you drop immediately out of the next division again simply means, that your hidden MMR is not high enough to climb faster or to climb at all. The only thing, that alters your MMR is winning or losing. Winning or losing streaks will have greater effect on your MMR because the system assumes, that you are too good or too bad for your current division/league, hence it raises or lowers your MMR faster. Personal scores or individual performance don't really matter. And yes, you are probably right with the observation, that you're kind of stuck in a circle that makes it really hard to climb anymore. And that's why a lot of people advise other people to not play ranked immediately after getting level 30. You have accumulated so many games in a low league, that your MMR is pretty much determined at the moment. That means, that it will be really hard for you to get your MMR back on track if you don't magically improve yourself significantly or if you don't get a lucky win streak for huge amount of games. That's the reason, why a day where you win 8/12 games doesn't matter anymore at the moment. It doesn't really alter your MMR since it's insignificant to have 75% win rate in around 2% of your total games. It says nothing
: > No it's a new thing that appeared lately, with the introduction of pre-season. I browse the boards daily and I read basically everything, yet I didn't notice any unusual amount of complaints about latency. And since the ping has little to nothing to with Riot themselves (ping is mainly caused by your own internet connection and the route between you and the server...and Riot has little to no influence on both of these factors) it doesn't surprise me that they only give the usual advice. > Could this be due to higher people logging in for holiday season?Does Riot hire extra servers for this period? No. The servers only process an amount of users they can handle...if they reach their limits, the login servers simply limit the people who log in (login queue). That didn't happen, so the servers didn't reach their limits...which isn't really surprising since Riots server are very modern, they can handle all the players easily. Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt these ping problems are real (i had the same problem in the past, multiple times), I know how frustrating that is. It's just unlikely it's caused by Riot because problems on Riots side normally create a MUCH bigger impact and can be noticed by the boards being spammed with hundreds of identical threads in a matter of minutes. That didn't happen for quite a long time now, so I strongly doubt Riots servers are the problem.
> [{quoted}](name=Humpelstilzche,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=EXPXfKt2,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2016-01-05T12:31:45.361+0000) > > I browse the boards daily and I read basically everything, yet I didn't notice any unusual amount of complaints about latency. And since the ping has little to nothing to with Riot themselves (ping is mainly caused by your own internet connection and the route between you and the server...and Riot has little to no influence on both of these factors) it doesn't surprise me that they only give the usual advice. > Can't fully agree with that simply based on what i've been experiencing for quite a while now. Yes, it is obviously true, that your provider is responsible for the routing of your data. But i personally have quite a bit of ping issues since Riot introduced their [Riot direct](http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/riot-games/editorial/ping-pwn-waging-war-lag-eu-players). I've been getting higher ping than usual almost every second game. When they new servers got introduced, i had a ping of 36, lowest now is 45. If i'm unlucky i end up with a really stable 72, but you still feel the difference. Obviously, it is playable, but and increased ping while circumstances, especially distance, are the same, indicates, that there's something wrong. As i said, might also be something my provider changed on his side which i didn't catch. But it's kind of strange, that things got worse for me and a lot of people when they introduced their new routing system.
: Lets talk about WTFast...
Most likely not worth it. Little explanation how the internet works: When you receive or send data over the internet, it travels a route through different routers. The internet ist nothing else than a really big network with several routers inbetween that relocate the traffic to reach it's destination. So what is ping then? Your ping is an indication for latency. If we take the assumption, that your data is taking the optimal route in terms of routing, then ping is decided by the physical distance your data travels. Hence you have a high pinp or high latency when you connect to NA, Korea or whatever is far away. It's obviously a little bit different with connecting to a location that is close by. If you already have 53ms, then it's very unlikely that WTFast will lower it, since WTFast obviously can't do anything about the physical distance between you and your destination - not directly at least. Your ping would decrease, if WTFast would be able to find a faster route between you and the Riot servers, which i don't really believe in. It's more likely that your ping will increase since VPN adds another layer of networking to the whole system and WTFast will rather find a route which is worse in terms connection. Also quality and net load of routers is a really big part of how good a router can handle traffic and how your ping will turn out. Additionally, routing is in most cases the reason, why some people always play with the same ping and some sometimes get 45ms, sometimes 60ms, sometimes 70 and so on. The route your data takes to the servers are not always the same, it's pretty much decided by your provider and partly Riot. You can't really do much about that.
: Ribbon
But that's how it works. It's not "once an honorable opponent, always an honorable opponent". You have to get honored quite frequently to keep it.
: Any last chance?(perma ban)
You had your second chance already. Permanently banned means, that you threw that away.
: How many upload should i have to stream with a high quality
I just assume that you want to stream League. Because it obviously depents on what kind of game you want to stream. Fast paced, high motion games take a quite a bit of upload speed. 3000-3500kbps is the highest that Twitch really recommends and that should be sufficient for 1080p/30-45FPS, hence your upload speed is more than enough. From 6Mbps upwards, Twitch considers it as abuse of the system. Source (Reddit.com): [Here](https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/26seq4/max_bitrate_still_3500/chu3y6c) [And here](https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/26seq4/max_bitrate_still_3500/chu6zj) Be careful and take into consideration that you need a pretty decent processor to stream in 1080p. You might want to post your PC specs to let us check or recommend any settings.
Grips (EUW)
: Every time I log on I get a certificate prompt
Taken from here stated by RiotBrentmeister: https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/3yywsc/ssl_certification_expired/ > We're aware of this and we're taking a look now :). Appears our cert expired for the new year when it should have auto-renewed. Happy New Years Redditors :)! P.S. This is for server-side keybindings/item sets so you'll see the error anytime you login or change one of those. if you choose to reject the cert those features will stop working for you (as in you won't upload/download to/from the server, item sets and keybindings will just be whatever they were last set to on the computer) EDIT: All fixed. Now we can all, carry on bringing in the new year in the best way possible.
DELDE115 (EUW)
: Ok, enough with this. Just stop.
While you bring up a lot of good points, i simply can't really agree with you since you make the whole system look way too abstract. I want to elaborate a bit on that: I want to start with your core message, that the vote system is used in a wrong way or rather said, that it's getting abused. I haven't used the boards much lately, but it think that this is a pretty broad statement in the beginning. Don't get me wrong: i definitely agree with you, that this system has a lot of room to be abused and that it happends, similiar to the report system in LoL. Also agree, that downvotes before viewing the whole posts should be considered as abuse in a way. But can you really state, that the majority of downvotes is not based on opinions but on vandalism? In general, to throw in some other thoughts before i go on, you post is somewhat contradicting to me since you say, that the vote system literally means nothing or has no value, yet you advocate the right use of it, based on your own opinion of how the voting system works. But again, is your idea of how to use the voting system really the right one? And can you really say, that the system has no value when you state later on, that some threads should get downvoted? That kind of brings me to my point: The voting system has a purpose and it actually means something. Upvoting something does express your opinion and has a value itself. If someone is able to exactly write up what you think, maybe even better than you could, then upvoting it makes 100% sense. You not only express your opinion with that but you also concentrate information in an efficient way. There is no extra value in writing comments like "I agree with [name]." or "[name] is write in my opinion" if you have nothing to add. It creates a lot of redundancy and blows up threads while not getting more information out of it. It's the same if you have an opinion with 200 upvotes or a threads with this comment and 200 other comments, which state the same. That is what voting is in general, that's why voting is a thing, why strawpools are a thing for example. It is supposed to reflect the opinion of the majority and decides what most people want to see. Again, this system obviously has a LOT of flaws. No question about it. Circlejerking is a thing, which leads to undermined opinions. Personal preferences have influence on it and, as you said, people get downvoted directly only because people see their names. But: The system has a value and a purpose with an intention behind it. If it's a good system, that is a completely different question.
: "GG WP", "Open mid", "this is lost" ~min 3:30
This topic is so much more complex than you make it appear imo. Just want to disclaim myself here and say, that i don't advocate this kind of attitude. Obviously, giving up after a few minutes while only being a few kills behind is not healthy in any way and won't bring you anywhere. But in general, the attitude to surrender games which seem a lot more straining than benefitting, especially in ranked, is not something i fail to understand. First of all, ranked attitudes differ a lot from each other and i think, a lot of people are successful in ranked solo queue with a lot of different attitudes. That being said, i think it's not a good idea to base your judgement of others on your ranked philosophy. Because a lot of players simply have different goals which they want to archive through ranked. For players like you, it's probably the thrill of playing against equally good players all the time, to have fun and compete in general. Other players might only play ranked to be high ranked, to accomplish something. Others just want the season rewards and secretly don't care about their own rank, because it's just a tool for a cause. Then there are people who want to test their limit and then stop, simply evaluating their own level of play. I don't want to keep counting all the different cases, just want to point out, that every player has different priorities regarding their goals. So taking a look at players with different attitudes, it's actually really easy to conclude, why they want to give up a game fairly early. A few examples: _Players, who just want to rise in ranks_: People like this might want to waste as less energy as possible for a game, since they want to play as many games as possible. Hard and long games, where you need to come back can be really straining. Instead of playing it out and trying to get the LP, they move on quickly and try again next game. I actually think it's kind of proven, that this way of playing is somewhat legit, since grinding the ladder is working out for a lot of people. Best proof is probably that you have exactly these players in your diamond games. _Players, who already reached their peak_: Same principe kind of. Players, who think they already reached their peak skill will most likely just play to try to hold their level and not to decay, hence they don't put to much effort into games. Again, i don't want to defend what these people do, especially when it's so early in the game. But understanding different game approaches is a big part of not tilting. There are also a lot more different factors like daily performance/mood of the person, personal situation, enviroment etc. All stuff you have zero insight into. Additionally i want to add, that this kind of attitude just gets more often, the higher the skill level of players is in this game. The reason for this is simply, that the threshold of your own possibilities and the odds highly change on higher levels of play. What that means is: Mistakes in games with good players are punished a lot harder compared to worse players hence it it diminishes the number of your own possibilities to affect the game. The odds, that good players throw a lead away are simply a lot lower than compared to low elo games. So the point, where you have to rely on mistakes of your opponents is reached a lot earlier. This makes the game hard to play out, since it's not really in your hands anymore. Open mid is not a thing for nothing in high level solo queue in korea. To cross reference here: In Snooker, a cue sport, a game consists of an odd number of frames, so that you win the game if you have reached a certain number of won frames. Without going into detail of the rules, i just want to say, that it is possible to win a frame basically till the end of the frame if you rely on mistakes of your opponent. But top players also decide to give up on frames if the effort to come back is simply way to big and move on. Another thing is to show respect and acknowledge how well the enemy played and thus to save both players some time. Anyways, i could go on about this topic a lot, but you get my point. Calling out people for it is simply not as easy as you make it appear even though i am on your side.
: I really dont see what makes decree so overpowered
Imo one of the few things, that makes it so good currently is, that there are no other conditions besides the fit of the champion kit. What that means is: The only thing that matters is, that the champion has a kit that lets combine autoattacks and skills in a short sequence to proc TD. If you compare it to Warlord's Bloodlust for example, you need a lot of crit and an enemy champion to make use of it. So to be efficient, you actually need gold to invest in it. And without 100% crit you can't be certain, that it procs. Second thing is Fervor of Battle. FOB has, again, the condition, that there's an enemy champion around and the effect is not immediate. You need time to make use of it and it obviously doesn't fit as many kits as TD. It's just a good mastery since the condition to use it is in your hands all the time, regardless of investment.
ATimmeh33 (EUW)
: How to deal with toxic players so I won't be toxic myself either?
Can only reinforce here what Humpelstilzche said. Always make up your mind and adapt your thinking to the actual game. If someone decides to troll and to not communicate with you, then so be it. Being ingame is not the time nor place to argue or discuss, it's wasted time. Think about, why you play the game. You play a game for fun. Not what creates fun for you? I hope it's not winning, because that's a bad approach. If you want to have a feeling of success and accomplishement, then you might not play League as the main source of it. The journey is the goal, enjoy the game as it is, regardless of the outcome. So to come back to my initial point: If someone makes winning not really possible in your opinion, then make the best out of the game. Try new things, try to make plays, think about good strategies and test them. Just make sure, you have fun and be careful not to ruin the fun for others. And you should never guide your team, if you have the feeling, they need it. Like Twich Chat would say: NotLikeThis. This is what you call backseat gaming, giving unwanted "tips" and from my experience it is proven as something rather destructive and offensive than anything else.
Armakar (EUW)
: How do I convince my bronze V friend to take Flash ?
Agreeing pretty much here with Eambo and the a lot of others. Give him addive, if he wants so. If he doesn't listen, then it's his own problem. Convincing someone means, changing his opinion. Convinicing is usually not a part of giving tips though. Your objective should not be to change his opinion, but make sure, you got your information across. Only thing you need to make sure is, that you know, he gets your point. Nothing more, if he doesn't want to adapt or is unable to see the value, then so be it. If you are annoyed by him, wanting to get advice but not listening, then tell him. There's no point in this whole thing if one sides of communication blocks. Tell him, you don't want him to ask you stuff anymore - done. But well, if you really want to make him think: Let him go against reality in this case, don't make conceptual argumentations. Ask him: "Why am i higher ranked than you with my SS choice? Compare our ranks and tell me, why it's working out for me and not for you? Then look at the Solo Queue ladder and tell me, what spells they use." With this you obviously reduce the question why he is lower ranked to only the summoner spells, which is indeed not the whole reason. But that's fine, make him believe, that it's because of that. Break down the discussions to different topics. Show him something that he can grasp, some facts like comparisons between your rank and his, solo queue ladders, pro players. Compare his play style to theirs and point out differences. Don't argue with him on things he apparentlly doesn't understand.
Shloonz (EUW)
: I think we have totally different views on what tips and hints are. Saying sentences like "J4 is around here a lot. When you are around bot, can we get a gank please" is not rude in the most minor way. i don't boss people around because i also don't like it. Also giving tips like "we should try to build a bit more MR because 4 of their champs deal magic damage" is not _forcing_ anything onto anyone. But if i instead would spam like "OMFG you bunch of noobs get some MR ffs. f***tards!!!!11" then i sure deserve a report Yet a lot of people just ping spam me away from their lane if i dare to take even one minion from their lane as support while i just held their tower... not realizing how rude that is.
My comment was a general comment about this whole "giving tips" topic, since i have no perception of what you see as giving tips. I didn't refer to your point of view in any way, yet i just wanted to get across the message that a lot of people give unwanted hints and tips and that it's really destructive in terms of team enviroment. Also, giving tips is also something different that providing general information about the current state of the game, which i didn't adress as well.
Shloonz (EUW)
: Stop helping people in matches because you only get reported
Honestly, giving tips is fine. Backseat gaming is not. To explain this term real fast: It origins from someone sitting in the back of your car, watching you drive the car while giving unwanted tips. In my opinion it's a big misconception, that you are being helpful only because you think that you are. Giving "tips" or trying to help while no one asked for it is, in fact, extremely rude. In the game, you are the same as every other player. Speaking up and enforcing your opinion on someone is destructive in any way, since you put yourself over others. Does that mean i can't say anything? No, of course not. You can say every kind of opinion if you know how to not overstep boundaries. Best example is using an I-message. Instead of saying "Man Lucian, your build is shit" or "Lucian, you should built this instead of that" you could just say "I think, it would have been a better choice to get item x, because...". Always make sure, it's from your point of view and include a reason. Make a statement, but don't start an argument. No one has time to argue while playing. And one of the most important things: Make sure, the situation is appropriate. If your Lucian bought an additional Vamp scepter against a 300 Armor Nasus, then i think it's appropriate to say "I think, Last Whisperer would have been a better choice here, because he has so much armor". Next thing is just suggesting stuff. Probably even better than making a pure statement. The polite way is indeed to ask, if you can give a tip. This completely avoids the situation of clashing opinions and bad words. Just asking "Hey, can i make a suggestion about your build?" is super easy, yet prevents every kind of drama. In general statements in form of questions are taken a lot less offensive from my experience. Some people may think it is childish or stupid not to be able to speak your own mind at free will, that people are sensitive etc. Honestly, for a good reason. People can think like that and i can understand that, it might even be true. But discretion is not a sign of dishonesty. It's not too hard to simply take it slow and not tell everyone your own opinion. Just save yourself some nerves and drama, better save than sorry.
Allisrem2 (EUW)
: ping sometimes 30 sometimes 60
Ping is an indicator for latency between you and your destination. It does not only matter, where your destination is but also on which way you reach it. It appears to be the case that you always connect to your TS server the same way. Means the route your data takes is the same. Unfortunately that is not the case for League. It's kind of well known, that people often take different routes to the League servers, reasons for example are load balancing or differences in routing determined by your provider. Bluntly said: Like in TS you always connect to a League server in Amsterdam, but the way your data takes is most likely different every other game. If you have a bad route, the way can be longer and your ping is thus higher. Good routes will give you your usual 30 ping. This is nothing we, as players, can change and most of the times riot as well. A lot of players, me included, experience this problem of sometimes getting higher ping as usual. FInding the cause for this, if it's your internet, your provider's fault or on Riot's end, is a really hard and tiring thing to do.
: Oh wait ur EUNE.... Dammit I didn't notice >.< ur not on my server I'm EUW xD
> [{quoted}](name=LadyParallel,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=V0QZiTBA,comment-id=0009000100000000,timestamp=2015-12-09T00:44:16.370+0000) > > Oh wait ur EUNE.... Dammit I didn't notice >.< ur not on my server I'm EUW xD I added you just in case you haven't found someone already that can give you some tips.
: "Adopt a noob" - idea for LoL "charity" + social bonding opportunities
Good idea, problem is that a lot of player simply don't understand how to give or receive feedback. I gave advice to some players, some got better, some not. It's just a really huge problem with the community, but i'm willing to give it a try. Been playing since late season 2, this account was Gold 3 with a relative low number of games. Have been plat on my main in 3s last season, so i can also give some insight on that as well for those who are interested. So everyone, who wants to have some questions answered or some neutral gameplay feedback can just add this account =)
: Windseekers blessing, taking heal as support
Smart in theory. Main reason for me is, that it obviously heals more in basically any situation, since it's not affected by grievious wound for example, in case you are ignited. But it's just not practical in reality. The synergy needed to time it correctly is not worth the loss of control in my opinion. Especially when you factor the cooldown into it, the benefits seem not really huge. Not having heal as an ADC will mess up a lot of your own plays if you are used to playing with it. The so called swiitching costs, the costs in time to adapt to it, is just not worth it if you ask me. Investing a lot of time for something that might still change, since it's preseason, is not a efficient thing to do
: Why is MMR so easily influenced by Streaking?
Your thread title is very missleading, if you actually understand how it works, but you just want to discuss if it's a good thing or a bad thing. Honestly, it's up to everyone what he thinks about this system. But it certainly has a reason, which is easy to understand and justified. It's not only made for smurfs, but for everyone to (hopefully) get a better experience. In fact, for good players it's more of a blessing than a tedious thing. You are right, the system can backfire heavily when influenced by luck. But you simply can't factor luck or other precedents into design decisions of a system. The system design doesn't look at the possibility that you might have 2 afks in a row in 2 games or that a random lag spikes cause you to win 3 teamfights in 3 different games, that actually win you the games and put you on a winning streak. That being said, in terms of effective balancing, the decision to have this heavy MMR influence in place makes perfect sense.
Twizzlerz (EUW)
: Holy moly, you sure know a lot about the whole practicing bit! Thank you so much for your advice! I'm positive I'll use your techniques when I start practicing for real after end of season! I don't have a full premade to practice with, but I don't mind the potential flame I get for not playing amazingly. One of the biggest excuses I hear in my gold elo games are that they didn't realize how much damage a champion could output. I've read up on all champions and their abilities, so those won't come as a surprise. Your idea of taking memory notes while fighting champions is great, I never really thought about that! I'll need to get all my runepages as well, currently sitting at two half-good pages made back when I was Silver and knew nothing about the game, so they might need a revamp... d: You should be a coach for a team, honestly! Thank you, aiming for platinum as a minimum goal for next season! Hopefully I can get to Diamond, that'd be the dream! One year spent to learn the basics, now it's time to roll into more serious stuff. ^^ Thank you so much, again! This really helped!
> [{quoted}](name=Twizzlerz,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=vkBnA7Zw,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2015-11-08T23:48:56.153+0000) > > Holy moly, you sure know a lot about the whole practicing bit! > > Thank you so much for your advice! I'm positive I'll use your techniques when I start practicing for real after end of season! I don't have a full premade to practice with, but I don't mind the potential flame I get for not playing amazingly. > > One of the biggest excuses I hear in my gold elo games are that they didn't realize how much damage a champion could output. I've read up on all champions and their abilities, so those won't come as a surprise. Your idea of taking memory notes while fighting champions is great, I never really thought about that! > > I'll need to get all my runepages as well, currently sitting at two half-good pages made back when I was Silver and knew nothing about the game, so they might need a revamp... d: > > You should be a coach for a team, honestly! > > Thank you, aiming for platinum as a minimum goal for next season! Hopefully I can get to Diamond, that'd be the dream! One year spent to learn the basics, now it's time to roll into more serious stuff. ^^ > > Thank you so much, again! This really helped! Glad i could help, gl at reaching your goals :)
Twizzlerz (EUW)
: Passive playstyle
There have already been a lot of champion suggestions, so i'm going to name more. To answer your second question to become more offensive: First of all, i'm glad that you seem to realize, that there are a lot of benefits in playing aggressive or offensive. In fact, i myself believe, that especially at higher elo, showing dominance is really important. In lower elos you might be good to go in playing passive and benefitting from enemies mistakes, since they are a lot more common there. But the higher you climb, the earlier you will notice, that a well executed aggressive playstyle will force you to make a lot more mistakes than your opponent does himself, especially when it comes to solo lanes and lane control. The simple answer of learning how to play aggressive is: Back to the roots. Play like you started playing League, test your limits, don't be scared of dying. Get some premades and tell them, you want to test a few champions out and you want to change your play style. You will not learn anything specific, until you experienced it first hand. This doesn't change after level 30, in fact, it never changes because the game is changing all the time. New champion, want to see if you can kill a Gnar with same items as you have on Level 3? Go for it. Try it out. To elaborate on that and to be even more specific: Put yourself out of your comfort zone and play playmaking and aggressive champions. Start in lanes, where you feel comfortable and where you can compensate the lack of knowledge on your champion with knowledge about the lane. Dont completely jump into the cold water if possible. For support, play Thresh or even better Tahm Kench or Braum, all supports where you have to be at the front line. Learn, how much damage you can take and what it means, to be in positions, where you get pressured. This is really important, dont be scared of dying or taking damage. This feeling will fade the moment you have confidence on the champion you play. Second thing, which i find is really helpful: Memorize specific situations. By that i mean really specific. You are playing Vladimir for example, your enemy is Irelia. Both of you have starter items, no summoners in this case, generic runes. Initiate a trade, try to hit all your skills and observe the outcome. How much HP did you take from her? How much did she take from you? How much damage does a Lvl 5 Irelia with Dorans Blade on you as Lvl 5 Vladimir with like 50 armor? You get the idea, right? Knowing what do expect in specific situations will make imagining other situations so much easier, since you have a starting point at which you exactly know what to expect from. This is certain knowledge, it gives you safety. If you know, she can't kill you in the current situation, then there's nothing to be scared of. GL withimproving, definitely doable for you, keep your head up!
Nagy San (EUW)
: Matchmaking below lvl 30 is messed up
Have to agree with Neochan here. I don't know if you're using your main account to play with these new players, but it heavily affects the match making. Also performing way better than a new player should on a smurf account will boost your normal MMR quite fast, since it recognizes when a player plays way better than he should be, looking at CS, Kills, assists and deaths. If you want to teach new players the game on a smurf account, make sure not to overperform and to win every game with him. The system will put you against better players really fast.
ModMayhem (EUW)
: Ranked Teams question?
Taken from here: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/205891456-2015-Season-Rewards > REQUIREMENTS >Ranked Solo You are in a tier at the end of the season >Ranked 5s Your team is in a tier at the end of the season Win at least 10 games in this queue with your team >Ranked 3s Your team is in a tier at the end of the season Win at least 10 games in this queue with your team
N o (EUW)
: Wishing someone cancer is bannable?
Just send it to Riot support, they will take care of it. Don't let anyone ruin your game experience =)
: Sword of the Occult
I strongly assume it's related to the bounty updates and the fact, that it's an extremely situational item. The fact, that players on a killing spree get a bounty and killing these will give global gold now, makes them a much more attractive target. Teams will probably start to prioritize these players. As you can see, SotO and killing streaks go hand in hand, which makes me believe, that building this item is rather a waste of gold because of the possible heavy focus these players will receive. Don't want to call it a noob trap, but i can't see very little situations with the upcoming changes, where SotO is actually a good decision to buy. Everyone who hasn't read about the changes, you can read them here: http://boards.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/champions-gameplay-feedback/LHYZQiVN-pbe-522-adjustments-to-killstreak-bounty-rules-and-bounty-displays
: Dynamic Q is not a good idea
Your last sentence is what seals the deal, HairyGorilla. Dynamic Que is currently getting antagonized by quite a big part of the community - and in my opinion for a good reason, looking at the informations we currently have. I think most of the people complaining about this have the conception, that Dynamic Que will replace Solo Que, which means, you replace thing a with a completely different thing b, while both have the same result c. Let me elaborate on that: From my 4 years of playing i can say, that Solo Que is viewed as the rating system of your individual skill. It's nice, that you are diamond in 3v3, it's nice that you are masters in 5v5, but what really matters to most ist your Solo que rating. I think, most people can agree on that. I also believe, that a lot of people are aware of the fact, that a solo rating in a teambased game can actually not be viewed as an individual skill rating - at least in theorie. There can indeed have troll, afks or whatever in massive amounts and drop to a rank which doesn't reflect your own skill. Same can go the other way: You can have massive win streaks, fantastic team mates and climb to a play, where every opponent is better than you. The only reason that i see Solo Que as a somewhat legit way to measure skill is, because reality shows so. High elo players can always get back to high elo. They just climb, so that means, if Solo Que wouldn't reflect individual skill, that shouldn't be possible. But it does, the system works in general. All this leads to the problems of Dynamic Que. If Dynamic Que really replace the essence of Solo Que, it's simply not reflect any bit of individual skill anymore. The complete spirit behind climbing with your own skill is gone. That was the point, that made Solo Que what it is. Besides that, it seems contradiciting to queue up with so many premades, when you have 5s. Yes, not everyone has 4 other people to play with, but that still doesn't justify that you get rid of Solo Que with Dynamic Que. As already mentioned before, boosting might become a bigger problem as well. Boosting 4 accounts instead of 2 at the same time, can definitely make things worse. The idea of Dynamic Que is great in my opinion, but only as another game mode. I think it's not the best idea to replace Solo Que with it.
: How to rank up two sub elso at once?
Hello, you can indeed skip whole divisions, if your MMR (Match Making Rating) is high enough. That means, if you want to skip from division 3 to 1 for example, you MMR needs to be quite a bit higher than it has to be, thus the system tries to put your closer players with your MMR. I can only speak for my 3v3 team, since we skipped from Silver 1 to Gold 5 and from Gold 3 to Gold 1 without even playing promos, just getting 100 points. But that might be because the 3v3 enviroment is inflated and imbalanced, so it's probably not happening in Solo Que. MMR is raised through winning, it's your real hidden ELO, which you can't see. The leagues are more of a cosmetic thing and don't necessary reflect your real level of playing. You can make an assumption about your MMR in looking with what kind of players you play. For example, if you are Bronze 3, but you mostly get mixed with Silver 5 players, you can assume that your MMR is higher than your league/division implies and you will most likely skip a division. Skipping divisions _and _ leagues though is not possible i think. That means. skipping from bronze 2 to silver 5 will not happen. But you can for example skip from Bronze 1 to Silver 5 without having to play promos.
: DDOS???
I'll just copy my explanation from another thread, since it's basically the same question asked here. To make a first guess: Not, it's very unlikely that someone is DDoSing you. Here's a more indepth explanation, if you are interested: > I actually want to elaborate a bit on what DDoS actually is because i've seen a lot of people accusing others to DDoS. DDoS means Distributed Denial of Service and basically describes or results in what the name implies. Through flooding or spamming a certain adress with a lot more data packages or a lot more connections than the host can handle, the target becomes unable to operate correctly (you basically deny the service you target). >To make a really simple analogy so people will understand: Imagine your name is Fred and you are responsible for taking orders from the customers. People can start ordering their stuff the moment they know Freds name (that's the analogy to knowing someones IP adress to be able to reach and adress him). Since Fred is quite competent he can actually handle and still catch the orders of 2-3 people talking to him at the same time. Maybe a bit delayed, but he will still catch every order. But what happens, if roughly 1000 people start ordering stuff at the same time? Pretty easy to imagine what happens when 1000 people scream at you at once. You will not only be unable to catch anything that's been said, you will also be unable to do your job because of it. There's literally not chance to respond to everyone nor catch everything that's been said. And that is, what DDoS is. You simply get flooded with too many requests to handle. >So what that means is: If you get DDoS'd, your whole internet will give up. Not only your League, so don't even start accusing people to DDoS you only because your League isn't working properly while you can still surf happily in the internet or use other services. If you accuse people of DDoS you imply, that they have some kind of network which they are using to flood you, means more hosts than their own, thus the distributed in DDoS. >So you can see, that the concept behind DDoS is really simple, yet extremely hard to handle or prevent. So what can you do as a private consumer against it? Basically nothing but protecting or concealing your IP adress or changing your IP adress after you got attacked. Home routers are not meant to withstand huge amounts of incoming connections. Not even companies can protect themselve effectively in most cases.
: Spamming surrender votes perhaps the worst and most overlooked form of toxic negative attitude.
I agree with a lot of points from your post. Spamming surrender votes is definitely something, that starts to distract the team after a certain amount of attempts. It also can lead to calm people getting frustrated and mad about this. Would i call it negative attitude? After a certain amount of attempts, where the the whole team is clearly against it, then yes. But here's the thing: I wouldn't call it toxic. Everyone has their own perception of the game. You can't know how much of a struggle it is for a player, who spams these votes, to play the game out. You can't take away the choice of surrendering from someone like you can't take away the choice to play the game out (if it's not voted by the majority that is). You can't call someone toxic for asking a question (which the surrender vote actually is). Yes, these players want to force a decision, but it's not going to happen, if the team doesn't agree. There's a difference between trying to force a decision and actually forcing it by intentionally feeding or other really game influencing things. Don't get me wrong: This is a scumbag thing to do, i totally agree. But don't call someone toxic for something like this. Surrendering is not always a sign of tilting. It's not always giving up, but sometimes just letting go, thus surrendering can also be a sign of respect to the other team/play, like it's in Snooker the case.
Riot Lyte (EUW)
: You were toxic on NathanusMaximus, that was my original post, and it's true :O
> [{quoted}](name=NathanusMaximus,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=KLQyexEK,comment-id=00190004000000070001000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-10-21T19:06:58.493+0000) > > Yes, I am occasionally toxic on NathanusMaximus, I never said I wasn't. But the account I was talking about was the smurf, hence the name in the picture being NathansGrl and not NathanusMaximus. > Yes, I am sometimes toxic on my main, that is 100% true. > > But on the smurf I was not. > So referring to my behaviour on the smurf and not my main, do you still think I am a toxic player? I'm sorry, but i don't understand where you want to take this argument. Do you really think, being a toxic player has anything to do with the account you are playing on? You can't just say "Hey, i may be occasionally toxic on one account, but on the other one i am not, so i'm a neutral player in general". That's simply not how it works. Accounts are, at best, different clothes you wear to appear in public, but they doesn't change the human being who wears them. So yeah, if you are sometimes toxic, he can actually call you a toxic player.
: i feel sad for dyrus
It's actually really heart breaking to take a look at Dyrus' journey. He basically has been a pro player for as long as League exists. Yes, i think it's arguable to play a whole season/go to worlds, when you already planned to retire or rather said you realized, that you lost the passion to live the life of a pro player (can't blame him for that). And yes, he was always a player who polarized in favor of his team. He's from the same generation as Doublelift, both kinda grew up in the same enviroment around the game. That's just how it was. But still, it's simply sad to see how long he endured all the shit people threw at him and how it ended. You could here in his speech, how sad he was, that he just couldn't live up to the expectations of his fans and probably his own. I don't want to say, that Dyrus being done with the game wasn't a problem for TSM. But he was not the sole reason, that they are having a really hard time lately. I have my own opinion but i'm not going to start a discussion about it. Realizing, that you still feel the same passion about the game, that you are still hungry for success and wins while not being able to put the same effort into the work you have to do, to reach these goals - that is something, that hits you really hard and this kind of paradoxon is also really hard to handle and to accept. If you want your team to suceed, if you want to win, if you still want to play your best, then why can't you? Facing this situation at the end, realizing you didn't live up to your own expectations is not a pleasent thing. I think, League was a big and important part of his life till the last second of his last game. I think it's fair to just say goodbye to a player who had a big part in making the game as popular as it is today and to wish him all the best for his next step, whatever it will be.
: WTF is this
Hmm, unfortunate. People have reported chrashing League games with the new nvidia drivers, especially on laptops (358.50). Since you don't have a laptop nor an nvidia card, we can't say the same for you i guess. Do you also have connection problems in other games as well or only league?
: WTF is this
It would be nice if you share some details with us so we can try to resolve the problem: 1. Computer Specs 2. Graphic card drivers up to date? 3. How often do you crash? 4. Something running in the background? 5. Typ of internet connection
backslicer (EUNE)
: pbe ping
Nope, the servers are located in america, EU has no PBE for themselve. Since there's no way to reduce the physical distance you will have to play with a 180-230 ping
Four Star (EUW)
: I fear I will be stuck in bronze 4-5 forever
You can just tell by your LP gain. If you start to gain more LP than you lose, you're good to go and you will climb fairly easy if you keep a win rate of around 50%.
LTUmafia (EUW)
: Cant play LOL on mobile internet
Just my experience, mobil internet simply requires different routing and never worked well for me. But i should have put a disclaimer in my post, sorry. Hard for me to believe to get such a good performance with a mobil connection, but if you say so, then there's no reason for me to doubt.
sgeNe (EUW)
: High ping only in league of legends.
It's hard to identify your problems since we have 0 data about the routing, that means the way your packets go to the riot servers. Maybe you can check out this troubleshooting about connection issues. Otherwise i would directly contact the support. https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752664-Troubleshooting-Connection-Issues#wq5
Arestemis (EUW)
: Euw servers are ruining my ping
This problem is not necessarily caused by the servers but most likely because of routing. I also sometimes get a bad route to the server which causes me a stable 120 ping instead of 45. Try to shut down LoL completely and then reconnect. It helps like 50% of the times.
LTUmafia (EUW)
: Cant play LOL on mobile internet
I would really not recommend to try playing on mobil internet, because not only you will get a really bad experience but also your team mates because of you. Mobil internet is not really made to play games with a stable connection. You will most likely experience high ping and huge lags, since routing through different internet infrastructures is really taxing in terms of performance for realtime applications. I would definitely try to get access to the internet in a traditional way.
Pørki (EUW)
: Headset recommendation
Pørki (EUW)
: Headset recommendation
For the price the Asus Xonar is probably the best and easiest solution you can get. Results will definitely be more satisfying compared to the onboard solution and it will be a good investment since you get a good headset and a decent sound card for the 100 € you were planning to invest anyways.
: fps shows wrong ?
Try to activate VSync and put the FPS limit to unlimited. I had a similiar experience, where i activated VSync but capped the FPS to 60. Felt clunky until i took out the 60 FPS restriction. For me it seems like capping the FPS is not that great. I really would suggest to let it uncapped without VSync or with, last option prefered since it alos avoids tearing
huckasex (EUW)
: you host no server so you cant be ddosed ddosing just means making a large amount of request towards a server so it breaks down cause of too much work
> [{quoted}](name=huckasex,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=G8GNZiwl,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-10-05T20:38:13.999+0000) > > you host no server so you cant be ddosed > > ddosing just means making a large amount of request towards a server so it breaks down cause of too much work That is not correct. DDoSing has nothing to to with hosting a server or not. All you need is the public IP adress of a host. I actually want to elaborate a bit on what DDoS actually is because i've seen a lot of people accusing others to DDoS. DDoS means Distributed Denial of Service and basically describes or results in what the name implies. Through flooding or spamming a certain adress with a lot more data packages or a lot more connections than the host can handle, the target becomes unable to operate correctly (you basically deny the service you target). To make a really simple analogy so people will understand: Imagine your name is Fred and you are responsible for taking orders from the customers. People can start ordering their stuff the moment they know Freds name (that's the analogy to knowing someones IP adress to be able to reach and adress him). Since Fred is quite competent he can actually handle and still catch the orders of 2-3 people talking to him at the same time. Maybe a bit delayed, but he will still catch every order. But what happens, if roughly 1000 people start ordering stuff at the same time? Pretty easy to imagine what happens when 1000 people scream at you at once. You will not only be unable to catch anything that's been said, you will also be unable to do your job because of it. There's literally not chance to respond to everyone nor catch everything that's been said. And that is, what DDoS is. You simply get flooded with too many requests to handle. So what that means is: If you get DDoS'd, your whole internet will give up. Not only your League, so don't even start accusing people to DDoS you only because your League isn't working properly while you can still surf happily in the internet or use other services. If you accuse people of DDoS you imply, that they have some kind of network which they are using to flood you, means more hosts than their own, thus the distributed in DDoS. So you can see, that the concept behind DDoS is really simple, yet extremely hard to handle or prevent. So what can you do as a private consumer against it? Basically nothing but protecting or concealing your IP adress or changing your IP adress after you got attacked. Home routers are not meant to withstand huge amounts of incoming connections. Not even companies can protect themselve effectively in most cases.
Show more

Void prevails

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion