Rioter Comments
: Riot *can* influence the attitude of the community. Various parts of the game are actually what causes most of the angst in the community that then goes on to be dealt out towards other players. The various queuing systems, MMR selection, etc already piss people off. The constant balance changes that forever puts a selection of champions into a band that is toxic because they are overtuned. A lot of the meta is "who can you bullshit the easiest win with". If Riot focused on balancing the game properly. Not flat-line perfect, but not with the degree of gutting nerfs and overpowering buffs you see, either, then players would have less to bitch or get riled about. In fact, *like in DotA 2*, where there are a fair few naturally "pubstomper" heroes, there is a larger emphasis on team work and combo creation, because that game does not rely on single champion power, but how they work in a team game. If League went down that route, there would be far less aggression (eventually) between players as people start working properly as a team! It is sadly rare to see genuine teamwork in non-premade teams. Most of the time it is the "better" player using the rest of the team as more interesting minions and tools. Comparing on MOBA to another can actually point where improvements *could* be made. Comparing LoL to DotA 2 will not fix anything, but it points out what needs to be done.
> [{quoted}](name=Fleedling,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=RtpA6zGN,comment-id=000400000003000100000000,timestamp=2016-05-12T18:57:07.894+0000) > > Riot *can* influence the attitude of the community. Various parts of the game are actually what causes most of the angst in the community that then goes on to be dealt out towards other players. The various queuing systems, MMR selection, etc already piss people off. The constant balance changes that forever puts a selection of champions into a band that is toxic because they are overtuned. A lot of the meta is "who can you bullshit the easiest win with". > > If Riot focused on balancing the game properly. Not flat-line perfect, but not with the degree of gutting nerfs and overpowering buffs you see, either, then players would have less to bitch or get riled about. In fact, *like in DotA 2*, where there are a fair few naturally "pubstomper" heroes, there is a larger emphasis on team work and combo creation, because that game does not rely on single champion power, but how they work in a team game. If League went down that route, there would be far less aggression (eventually) between players as people start working properly as a team! > > It is sadly rare to see genuine teamwork in non-premade teams. Most of the time it is the "better" player using the rest of the team as more interesting minions and tools. > > Comparing on MOBA to another can actually point where improvements *could* be made. Comparing LoL to DotA 2 will not fix anything, but it points out what needs to be done. Isn't Riot doing something like imperfect balancing on purpose to keep the roster fresh and dynamic due to constant meta shifts?
: Master Yi was only a thing in low elos anyway, if you want my opinion after his E nerf he didn't need more nerfs because he became healthier for the game at lower elos because people could actually kill the guy if he came in 3v1.
There is this guy I saw on a stream, he was pretty good with Yi. Cowsep was his name I believe. Was that low ELO?
Perilum (EUW)
: Ignore them, do your thing. If you hit 30, people are less toxic. You encounter many smurfs in low level. People who think they deserve better. Their behavior exactly mirrors their "unfair placement". Or just banned people. So the most toxic ones. I'm that Garen dude who builds Ice born, when my team has absolutely no slows. So I provide it. Guess the flame I get for a Item with Mana on a Manaless Champ. Anyway, buy a Blade of the Ruined Kings and take Ignite instead of Bloodrazor and Smite. You have the same benefits and be more effective. Also you have that need life steal. Every Jungle Item has his "regular" counterpart. So Jungle items are only for Junglers.
Hm... I'll try it later. Also, now I keep being whispered by the enemy because they lost and unlosable match. Everyone on our team was feeding early on and Master Yi kept running in 1v3. Eventually Yi left and I could boost their morale enough to finally cooperate. We ended up winning after 50 minutes. Enemy elise keeps messaging and insulting me though considering he's slightly upset due to his loss :( Here's the match. http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/2660302245/227451545?tab=overview Edit: I died a lot though
: I know exactly what you are talking about. When I switched from Dota to League I have made the same experience. The only way to circumvent these problems is to play with friends thereby you wont get flamed and can decide when to surrender. Especially in the low elo the community can be extremely toxic and it will only get a bit better when u climb up the ladder. But to be honest when I stopped playing Dota the community on the european servers was toxic as well. Many russians flamed the entire game for whatever fuc*** up reasons. In ranked games it was a bit better tho.
DotA had the same thing. When my MMR hit 3000+ it went uphill with the community. I was nowhere near amazing though. When I saw the game between W33 and his "team" of feeders vs pro team Newbee it was amazing to see W33 carry his entire team alone with Meepo haha. Anyway, are such things possible in LoL in the pro scene? Like 1 person carrying the other 4 all by himself.
Puckomodo (EUW)
: How to find your main?
I like Jhin a lot. I bought him because he walks funny.
: Who allowed this to happen, I need a name!
After looking on the forum I came to the conclusion that premades win games, there is an entire topic dedicated to it.
: an idea for changing crit chance into something healthier for the game.
RNG in competitive games is actually healthy. Sure critical chance will give you a slight advantage if the dice rolls in your favor, but look at these popular games/sports. Hearthstone, DotA 2, League of Legends, Poker. What do they have in common? RNG elements. Are the top of those games/sports capable of overcoming RNG? Quite certainly. Also crit doesn't necessarily ruin the game, but the availability might be the worse offender. Building crit in DotA 2 comes in the form of one item and the components aren't exactly cost efficient either. The best crit comes in the form of Phantom Assassins ultimate though. It's just hilarious if she crits you 3 times in a row (if you can survive that long that is). 15% proc chance with 450% damage, yet it's not unhealthy for the game. Critical chance has a place, but it has to be thouroughly explored. Rng can be fun if it's implemented properly.
: If you really played Dota then mate all this hate and toxicity in league should be nothing to you :D
The Russians in DotA had better grammar than the people I am playing with/against. The insults are even more simplistic and cringeworthy.
ABcmaSter (EUW)
: It's the idea that your are going challenging smite in lane. People will be like: "What, why?" It is not recommended to take smite in lane usually unless u need to help urself last hit better or what want one of the enchantments ofc. Its just that other spells work in lane better. Thought it isnt bad and it can be viable. The stats they give are are usually an increase towards jungle monsters and buffs. Though if u want to lane with smite. It is best to go for {{item:3715}} or {{item:3706}} since nothing else can be closer towards these. Just dont go {{item:3711}}. Another item is good for that like ruby sightstone. Also dont enchant to cinderhulk since u can get sunfire instead unless ur a tank ofc. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
Well, I just like challenging smite as it's an additional form of protection and allows me to buy bloodrazor which synergizes well with both Rageblade and the attack speed. Add the fact that it has no deminishing effects like blade of the ruined king. It really made me love to take smite on koggy.
: The main thing people are annoyed about when you play Kog, is probably that he has very little presence on the map before lategame, especially if you play him jungle. Yes, he will be extremely strong then, but if the enemy jungler has more presence on the map it's likely that some of your lanes will lose. If you play him bot, remember that heal is extremely important for all lane fights, kog'maw is already so weak early game that you will lose fights even when the opponents are misplaying badly if you don't have heal. The community in LoL is extremely toxic, especially in lower elo, but try to just ignore them. Most of the players that flame a lot are really bad themselves. Sadly, if the surrender feature wasn't there, more people would give up and just troll or go afk until the game is over. The term ''ks'' and some of the flaming will dissappear when you get to higher elo, though. Build diversity is very smart, just don't test new things in ranked. Koreans are testing a lot of different things, they did find the rageblade tristana build, for example, that worked very well before the change. You should never build the same items many games in a row, always change depending on the situation. For example, it's smart to build a defensive item on carries if you die too quickly. You deal no damage when you're dead after all(okay, if you play kog that's an exception)
> [{quoted}](name=SB Arneeman,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=RtpA6zGN,comment-id=0016,timestamp=2016-05-11T19:18:08.362+0000) > > The main thing people are annoyed about when you play Kog, is probably that he has very little presence on the map before lategame, especially if you play him jungle. Yes, he will be extremely strong then, but if the enemy jungler has more presence on the map it's likely that some of your lanes will lose. If you play him bot, remember that heal is extremely important for all lane fights, kog'maw is already so weak early game that you will lose fights even when the opponents are misplaying badly if you don't have heal. > > The community in LoL is extremely toxic, especially in lower elo, but try to just ignore them. Most of the players that flame a lot are really bad themselves. Sadly, if the surrender feature wasn't there, more people would give up and just troll or go afk until the game is over. > > The term ''ks'' and some of the flaming will dissappear when you get to higher elo, though. Build diversity is very smart, just don't test new things in ranked. Koreans are testing a lot of different things, they did find the rageblade tristana build, for example, that worked very well before the change. You should never build the same items many games in a row, always change depending on the situation. For example, it's smart to build a defensive item on carries if you die too quickly. You deal no damage when you're dead after all(okay, if you play kog that's an exception) I mentioned before that I play him in lane with Smite, mainly mid lane as no one else is bothered by my item choices and I can decide the pace of the lane myself.
Vionicesca (EUNE)
: I used to hate the surrender feature. But then I got a couple games where enemy just kept wiping us over and over and didn't finish, making the game insanely long for no reason at all. Plus, sometimes you're getting stomped insanely hard and it's just better to surrender than waste another 10/15 minutes waiting for the enemy to kindly close out the game when you know you won't win. People will always complain about item builds, the same way I get bitched at for my talent builds in HoTS. They are insanely narrow-minded and I have no idea why. But I assure you it's just a handful and most don't do this (at least in Normals and if you don't like the community, stay the hell away from Ranked). As long as your build makes at least a sliver of sense (building AP items on a champion that only scales with AD is really a bad idea). First, "geek" is not an insult (seriously, it isn't). It's not every game, but it does happen often. Disable /all chat. I did, too and it's much better that way. Also I suggest you find some friends to play with, there plenty nice people on the forums always looking for new people to go premade with.
> [{quoted}](name=Vionicesca,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=RtpA6zGN,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2016-05-11T17:29:31.087+0000) > > First, "geek" is not an insult (seriously, it isn't). It's not every game, but it does happen often. Disable /all chat. I did, too and it's much better that way. > > Also I suggest you find some friends to play with, there plenty nice people on the forums always looking for new people to go premade with. Geek is still a term which describes them. I prefer not to mention age due to the different stages of maturity of people of all ages. I don't think that people from the forum would like to play with a beginner, but they can add me if they don't mind.
Khriis (EUNE)
: Dear friend,if u rly are into DotA would be better to stick with it. League won't be much of an upgrade to your gaming experience as of it's state these days.
> [{quoted}](name=Khriis,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=RtpA6zGN,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2016-05-11T16:19:40.779+0000) > > Dear friend,if u rly are into DotA would be better to stick with it. League won't be much of an upgrade to your gaming experience as of it's state these days. Or I might want some diversity in the games I play :)
: Noone cares about what you could do in DoTa , i just find it stupid that people use the " in dota " claim to prove their point
Build diversity is still important and smurfs claiming to be platinum told me that I was crazy for my Kog'Maw build but that it worked exceptionally well.
: You say every game, I say false. Now, I'm not trying to say you're entirely wrong because the community can be pretty bad. But from the games I see it no where near happens every game. Most of the games I tend to have go alright. Maybe the lower levels have changed since I started so I can't say for sure how bad they've gotten. But even the item choice could be down to the lower level. Because if this is indeed Kog jungle we're talking about here then I don't see why anyone would complain considering the effectiveness of attack speed on him.
> [{quoted}](name=Cerilium,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=RtpA6zGN,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-05-11T12:14:19.177+0000) > > You say every game, I say false. Now, I'm not trying to say you're entirely wrong because the community can be pretty bad. But from the games I see it no where near happens every game. Most of the games I tend to have go alright. > > Maybe the lower levels have changed since I started so I can't say for sure how bad they've gotten. But even the item choice could be down to the lower level. Because if this is indeed Kog jungle we're talking about here then I don't see why anyone would complain considering the effectiveness of attack speed on him. It's actually not in the jungle, I just like red smite as it decreases the damage of an enemy every 45 seconds and gives you some added damage to them. Bloodrazor also work well with rageblade and his 4+ attacks a second in my opinion.
Alex3995 (EUW)
: well your account is low, since you just started, so you play with all the people who had their main account banned and made a new one. >The first thing which really bugs me is the surrender feature. This feature demoralizes the team and people simply give up way too easily. If something isn't going their way, you see a surrender vote pop up, yet there is no option to automatically decline the vote. been saying this for years >yet people complain about every item choice I make just mute them...
> [{quoted}](name=Alex3995,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=RtpA6zGN,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-05-11T12:26:14.366+0000) > > just mute them... In DotA you can build in different ways and no one would mind as long as you utilize the items you've bought properly. I wish that people weren't as close minded over here.
: You say every game, I say false. Now, I'm not trying to say you're entirely wrong because the community can be pretty bad. But from the games I see it no where near happens every game. Most of the games I tend to have go alright. Maybe the lower levels have changed since I started so I can't say for sure how bad they've gotten. But even the item choice could be down to the lower level. Because if this is indeed Kog jungle we're talking about here then I don't see why anyone would complain considering the effectiveness of attack speed on him.
> [{quoted}](name=Cerilium,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=RtpA6zGN,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2016-05-11T12:14:19.177+0000) > > You say every game, I say false. Now, I'm not trying to say you're entirely wrong because the community can be pretty bad. But from the games I see it no where near happens every game. Most of the games I tend to have go alright. > > Maybe the lower levels have changed since I started so I can't say for sure how bad they've gotten. But even the item choice could be down to the lower level. Because if this is indeed Kog jungle we're talking about here then I don't see why anyone would complain considering the effectiveness of attack speed on him. Every game there is some for of toxicity while they won't listen to my advice as I am merely new and have no strategical knowledge apparently. I am not talking about just my own team, the enemy team can show many signs of toxicity as well and those 2 teams combined have shown a toxicity rate of 100% amongst the games which I've played. I am currently Lv 12.
Rioter Comments

Zephyrin Gaming

Level 21 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion