Rena (EUW)
: She can be compared to Aatorx. Very snowball heavy Champion. Her Early game isn't amazing but for sure her 2-3 Item Powerspike is (midgame) Don't forget that the shield cooldown in lane is really high (14 sec). Rivens do not put second points into the shield until level 8. Also Riven wont have alot of Cdr at that point. The shield cooldown is definetly punishable with the 14 seconds. I agree that there isn't really a high skillcap in league. What I ment with it is that, Riven used to be a champion you needed to invest some time in first before you could play this champion well mechanically. Interms of descision making, yes there is no high skillcap I mean you don't have to kill a Riven to beat her and if she plays safe that is a win for you in lanephase if you use it well. Yes Riven does beats Renekton level 1 but that is more matchup specific than Riven specific. The thing that makes Riven Op in my opinion is as you mentioned the great Item build path for her which allows her to not only do alot of damage but to also get really tanky and become a S+ Tier splitpusher. There are only a few champions she can't beat in a splitting matchup. However Lategame she falls off if the enemy adc starts to finish his Items. I mean complaining certantly does help lol. In a few Days the second Riven nerf will hit live servers. It's not like Riot is treating Riven special or anything. Don't forget tho that Riven has bad matchups. Against Good Kennens and Poppys and Neeko's This game becomes unplayable.
> She can be compared to Aatorx. Very snowball heavy Champion. Her Early game isn't amazing but for sure her 2-3 Item Powerspike is (midgame) > absolutely, only that she can kinda level 1 all-in you and remove 3/4 of your HP bar. which wins her the laningphase. > Don't forget that the shield cooldown in lane is really high (14 sec). Rivens do not put second points into the shield until level 8. Also Riven wont have alot of Cdr at that point. > The shield cooldown is definetly punishable with the 14 seconds. > engage abilities of other champions also have similair CD's at level 1, riven's E has a very short one for such a powerful ability, also she rushes either BC or caulfiel'd warhammer + kindlegem for a easy 20% cdr (combined with CDR form runes aswell the CD becomes negligable) > I agree that there isn't really a high skillcap in league. What I ment with it is that, Riven used to be a champion you needed to invest some time in first before you could play this champion well mechanically. > Interms of descision making, yes there is no high skillcap > yeah, training for a champ became easy with the release of the training tool, and you sitll need to put in time the get them to that 100% efficiency. as for desicion making: this purely comes down to expirience. > I mean you don't have to kill a Riven to beat her and if she plays safe that is a win for you in lanephase if you use it well. yes, you win the laning phase, but most likely didn't get a kill or a plate: most players tend to play for the early game nowadays, without getting ahead, riven will devour them alive. > Yes Riven does beats Renekton level 1 but that is more matchup specific than Riven specific. i should have explained this one: riven trades like renekton does: she dashes in, CC's you, does her damage, CC's you again. and then dashes out. the same goes for renekton - he gives you no chance for retaliation. this is unexacceptable for a champ who scales amazingly compared to the croc himself. > The thing that makes Riven Op in my opinion is as you mentioned the great Item build path for her which allows her to not only do alot of damage but to also get really tanky and become a S+ Tier splitpusher. > There are only a few champions she can't beat in a splitting matchup. > However Lategame she falls off if the enemy adc starts to finish his Items. > true, her itemization is great compared to what used to (she used to rush BC into youmuus, and steraks only existed since season 5) that she falls off lategame due to ADC's finishing their items is to be expected: any melee champ does, and starts relying solely on flash to do anything. > I mean complaining certantly does help lol. In a few Days the second Riven nerf will hit live servers. It's not like Riot is treating Riven special or anything. > this is despite her being broken-tier for multiple patches, which is pathetic for a game company like riot. > Don't forget tho that Riven has bad matchups. Against Good Kennens and Poppys and Neeko's This game becomes unplayable. kennen has, historically seen always been a horribly matchup, but that's another can of worms, neeko top is... degerate. and poppy was pushed as to be the ultimate riven counter. That's all.
: tbh i sympathize with nubrac on one thing
the guy had a working strategy, but players where unwilling to either adapt or work around it. then, those players being the salt-lords that they are, promptly started to report him and that eventually got him banned. such a sad thing too, riot admitted that, as long as you are trying to win the game, build paths and playstyles dont matter. a youtuber by the name of Discoheat has been doing off-meta stuff for YEARS and shows in his videos just how childish/immature players can be. and that, in itself is a sad thing, to see experimenting die out in favor of mindless meta-following. That's all.
Rena (EUW)
: Why Riven is in a "toxic" state right now
i personally find multiple aspects about rives very annoying, if not straight unbalanced. the first is her identity: what is she? a lane bully? mid-game powerhouse? or a late game bruiser? riven fills all of these roles, so she realistically never falls off. secondly her laning: she has a low CD shield that is also a dash, allowing her to effortlessly disengage, not only that, her Q + W make it possible for riven players to use their entire combo while the opponent is stunned/knocked up. and then quickly dashes out with the afforementioned E. thirdly, and lastly: her 'high' skillcap, no offence but i personally believe that high-skillcap in LOL simply does not exist. a champion might have timings, CD and combo's to learn. but that's it. therest comes down to reading the opponent, minion control, and matchup knowledge. these point are standard for every champion. this is all without going into her blantantly overtuned numbers, build-path, ect. riven as whole does not feel fun to fight, as you are - essentially waiting for the riven player to **ck up, but if they play safe, there is nothing you can do against her. her kit allows her to trade like renekton in lane, which is ridicolous. whilst her scalings and build path allow her to both snowball AND carry late-game. unfortunately, complaining about her wont help: the riven fan-base is VERY big, with riven OTP's and streamers aswell. compare this to the Garen fan-base, which while large. generally only complain about a rework due to their champ being trash-tier (garen's matchups are hilariously bad and often require 2-4X as much effort as a bad matchup for riven does). That's all.
: better make weeb skins and kim kardashian champs and do nothing to make the game itself more enjoyable and ban people for using the chat feature instead
riot video games, At your service! the skin part is also unfortunately enough true..... a darn shame too, this game still has unexplored potential and its getting wasted.
: Botlane in season 9.
your botlane losing means the end of the game for you for 4 reasons: 1- the enemy team secures their lategame and team-fighting power. 2- enemy support gets to roam and ward, getting info and making plays. 3- enemy jungler can secure dragon better like mountain, which makes pushing easier. 4- enemy ADC get additional gold trough plates, accelerating their build and will subsequently roam to get even more plates and reach 3 items by 20 mins (by 3 items all ADC's start to become a real threat) try playing a snowbally mobile midlaner, get ahead in your lane, roam and get the others ahead and win trough that way. i know it sounds boring, and might feel a bit dirty, but it will win you more game in total. for the rest, best of luck.
RayleighTT (EUNE)
: talk to me , what can an adc do when a 22 /4 zed comes over him from mid ??? , or an overfeeded irelia/jax/diana/twitch jungle/ mordekaiser comes to break your back.
since the teleport nerf the impact toplane has in general has significantly dropped, with TP they could tp to bot, make a play and get their bot lane ahead, giving top lane an strong tool to impact the game with. currently top lane is just a spot for the jungler to get fed and for the ADC to go once they have destroyed their 1ste tower to get more plates. if a 22/4 zed comes from mid the game might as well be over: not even a tank who's very class counters zed can survive him by that point. twitch is another ADC, so that's a fair matchup, Diana is currently a mess, she is meant to be an AP bruiser / fighter but is instead an assassin who relies on getting fed trough a weaker early game to then snowball into a 1-shot machine. Mordekaiser is a juggernaut: CC and kiting are literally his personal version of hell and the ADC can often just tear him to ribbons. irelia is played mid more these das because that lane has a higher priority and impact due to roams. Jax is meant to counter carries lategame: but even he still gets shit on by CC since he's melee and only has 2 seconds of protection from auto's. i would suggest not continuing the discussion though, you might get off-topic.
: is smurfing bannable?
nope because riot video games doesn't care about it. smurfing is fine because ''the MMR system will take them out of those lower ranks quickly!'' not realizing that some ppl will have awful games regardless because of smurfs. that and you can just deliberately de-rank to stay in the rank you want to smurf in. imo it should be bannable, but riot doesn't care so nothing happens... toxicity and verbal abuse on the other hand.......
253IQ (EUW)
: Nerf Vayne
personally i think vayne's biggest problem lie within the laning phase, since she has a dash AND a knockback she is essentially untouchable without flash, at which point her support just peels you away. hypercarries like vayne, twitch, YI are all supposed to have a weaker than average laning phase to make up for their considerably more powerful lategame. out of all the champs named above vayne is relatively seen the safest to lane with, combine with her AA q AA for a W proc in the lane makes also for strong poke if the enemies abilities are on CD. than lategame rolls in with just the most %%%%%%ed gameplay around, stealth into stealth into stealth, do not forget she also get 90 FLAT MS if she's chasing you with her ulti active which is ridiculous. nerf laning power to be more in check along the other hypercarries.
Zumyu (EUW)
: Ohh i understand now this strategy thank you very much this is useful information
very well good luck out there!
Zumyu (EUW)
: hello, i seen your post about bad coordination can you please explain them for me im a mid laner ahri main (well explain them generally not when agains't yi because yi cannot escape my charm hehe and i go undertower for free kill)
well just exactly that: coordinate with your team to disrupt the enemy strategy, like let the side-lanes or mid push the wave so the enemy HAS to sit under turret and farm or risk losing EXP and CS (which are both too valuable to lose.). if you properly coordinate this your jungler can freely invade the enemy jungle and take their camps, setting back the enemy YI or potentially catch him in his own jungle and have a shot at killing him (setting him back EVEN further) because your lane is pushed, the corresponding sidelane and mid can rotate to the enemy jungle to help their jungler out. this is known as lane pressure / priority. and because the enemy is busy farming under turret, they CANNOT respond in time. (moscow 5 used this strategy in season 1 world championship they lost 0 games) another good example of coordination is telling your ADC to stick close to you so you can CC YI the moment he comes out of alpha strike.(which usually result in him blowing up) this kind of coordination is often missing in SOLO Q or in lower ELO, it is also why YI is rarely picked in higher ELO (shut down too easily trough counter-jungling, often powerfarms and doesn't gank, and easy to chain-CC) i hope that anwsers that.
: thank you thats all i need! but i always did some of them ( killing towers and helping with R ) so it is basically pantheon's bad not my bad :) i will do these things for better result! {{champion:202}}
yeah about that.... currently League's meta and the speed of games favors champions with abusive early games. this goes for almost all positions, and causes the matches to be decided by whomever gets an early lead and closes the match quickly enough. but some of these champions like Irelia, Aatrox, Yasuo hell, even Darius are simply said better at any stages of the game than pantheon. all these champs have VERY high dmg output, respectable tankiness (500HP shield on Yasuo on LVL18 ouch) and team-fight way bettter pantheon has no lane-sustain and his kit makes him VERY linear, this makes outplaying him simple. if the enemy at ANY point out-damages, out-positions, out-roam you, YOU LOSE. as pantheon sucks at team fighting (needs to hit the backline but they have supports with CC or heals) so you already need someone to correctly initiate a fight (which wins the teamfight on itself, making pantheon useless regardless) for now stick to bullying the early-game weak champs and roam or splitpush the enemy into oblivion. as long as you do not pick pantheon into malphite you should be able to do this. RECAP: currently pantheon is good for bullying the early game and then shutting the game down as quickly as possible, lest he lose. good thing RIOT is already looking into his rework. best of luck
: i can't win with pantheon :(
Pantheon is notorious for the phenomenon ''win the lane, lose the game'' after getting first blood you should aim to kill your opponent/bully him so much he has to farm under tower and then ROAM. Use pantheon ult to suprise man-drop the enemy midlaner/botlaner, coordinate with your team to secure the kills, which gets them ahead. trough kills you can get objectives like towers, drakes and rift herald. KILLS DO NOT MATTER, they are a means to an end, if you get 5 kills. but never take towers you WONT win. try to repeatedly kill the enemy carry if they are alone. pantheon likes build Lethality which should simplify this. don't try to 1v2, pantheon's build path leaves him too squishy for that. pantheon, like all assassins is a reverse-time bomb, a dud. once a certain time passes or if the enemy buys enough resistances you become a stun bot. ideally don't go for team fight, small skirmishes are better for panth. That's all.
Hi lm Zoe (EUNE)
: How the fu*k do I play against Yi
There are a couple of CC abilities which cannot be dodged, suppression come to mind. unfortunately LOW ELO is infamous for low coordination, which is a direct counter against YI. if you are the jungler you can pick a counterjungler {{champion:77}} {{champion:102}} {{champion:5}} and run him down in his own jungle so he becomes useless for 10 mins. use that time to get other lanes ahead trough ganks and take objectives. remember that kills dont win you the game - they are a means to an end which is destroying the enemy nexus. if you play as a toplaner you can pick a duelist like {{champion:24}} or pick {{champion:17}} as both of these have abilities that shut down YI's damage. doing so will make his ult, Highlander run out after which he loses allot of damage and his slow resist. or just plain kill him while he's stunned / blinded. shrooms can also make traversing the jungle more difficult and provide vision, which helps locate YI. as a midlaner you must wait until his Alpha strike is over and then use your escape move, or use it to get him in range of the tower and then use {{item:2420}} or {{item:3157}} active's to make him eat the tower for 2 seconds. alternatively play {{champion:90}} who has a targeted suppression which makes him a sitting duck unless he delays his power spike by buying {{item:3140}} as an ADC the only thing you can hope to do is use your escape move or outdamage him, which isnt likely. as a support its YOUR job to protect the carry, heavy CC supports such as {{champion:89}} {{champion:12}} {{champion:412}} {{champion:201}} will RUIN his day. Other support with good ultility / heals can also be usefull like {{champion:44}} {{champion:37}} {{champion:16}} {{champion:497}} {{champion:350}} other than that learn how to counter yi trough expirience, yi is known as a noob stomper for a reason so asking your team to coordinate will already help ever-so-slightly for the rest, best of luck.
: Mordekaiser is already broken, why give him shitty hitboxes too?
pick any strong duel champion ({{champion:114}} , {{champion:24}} , {{champion:23}} , {{champion:11}} when he's got 2 items, ETC.) and watch mord despair. OR pick a ranged toplaner with the ability to kite. alternatively pick a juggernaut like {{champion:75}} , {{champion:122}} or {{champion:86}} . all of these have conditions which make it impossible for Mord to fight them. (too many stacks on Nasus, Darius getting 5 stacks on Mord, Mord being the villain for Garen) {{champion:82}} is a juggernaut - he only has a single way of engaging and if he blows his poke in lane go for a short trade. if his passive is up get heck outta dodge. Q damage early game lvl 1-3 wont exceed 90. most meta toplaners easily deal double that. of course you can always buy a{{item:3140}} to make his ult a complete waste of time and cooldown.
: Can you please stop thinking i'm calling for a stat buff ? I'm just saying having an itermediate single ohmwrecker active 600 gold item would benefit the popularity of the item ffs it's like you are just here to make a bad point and be the one being right, if you this for that stop it now, else here or in life you'll lose your friends
so adding another hourglass in the game? something champions that wont build it to it full item getting access to it? i'm sorry it just sounds like either another fiesta, or just another useless item in the shop. who knows? your suggestion might work out very well. its too bad we cannot test these kind of suggestions ourselves. welp whatevs i guess i did indeed make a bad point or like 5.... i just hope your idea doesn't buff zoe indirectly......
Orvvadasz1 (EUNE)
: Riot locking down Practice tool because of TFT
what i dont get is why pratice tool is run server-side anyway. its a solo environment, nobody but yourself and 1 bot. riot can easily make it run client-side based and prevent this kind of tomfoolery in the future they could have disabled twisted treeline, but that map actually has a (small) and dedicated ranked community
: > [{quoted}](name=arowin242,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=AtOhlWIE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-29T19:10:25.374+0000) > > for what it is worth, if ohmwrecker was a stronger item everyone would have 1 or their team. > The item isn't played, at all, and is on the verge of being destroyed and completely reworked, it's a minor tweak that won't buff an item you find strong but who's NOT PLAYED > it allows you to dive a tower against a enemy at 100% HP since it provides 3 secs of safety. > also it allows for stronger splitpushing and besieging. You need damage to dive, and at 100% in the start game only having the jungler dealing damages it won't have an impact on Top and Mid, so the only lane impacted would be Botlane And the change is on the time the active effect is aviable > > unfortunately its rather cheap cost, good build path combined with a nice (if weak) mix of stats make Ohmwrecker a strong item regardless. The item isn't cheap, 2650 gold is still 400 - 350 more than Iron Solari {{item:3190}} and Zeke {{item:3050}} who have consistant use all game long with teamfight shields and giving more damages to someone + aoe slow Considering thoses 2 items, but not in the case of Ohmwrecker {{item:3056}} where in late game and verry late game the item is litteraly one of the worst options you can take. > > if you ever find a situation to use it, you will find it VERY powerful. The problem isn't the power of the item, it's the appeal he don't have being high combinason cost and an active comming too late The only buff you could give him would be an inverted active on the same item where it gives 3 sec of invulnerability on the nearest tower
good points. despite that i think another problem that has risen up is the sheer amount of DMG in the game now. this item has been around since season 1, and was changed in season 3 to be an AP item. since then it has received a number of tweaks. until patch 4.20 where the item we know now came to be. since then it only got a slight HP regen buff and a cost nerf. so either the active isnt attractive enough, or the item has always been to underwhelming. riot cannot buff the active though. this would put the item on the OP scale, and buffing the tank stats further will just make it one the the best tank items, as it is one the 3 tank items which combines HP armor and CDR. recap: riot cannot buff it in any meaningful way, and the high DMG of nowadays makes this item obsolete anyway. any further imput/suggestions or comments? let me know.
raimid (EUW)
: Agressive Adc looking for an Agressive support
find a nice leona main, leona loves to all-in at level 2 that's all EDIT: not all supports are meant to be played aggresive, find the once you play best with.
: Ohmwrecker need a Zhonya treatment
for what it is worth, if ohmwrecker was a stronger item everyone would have 1 or their team. it allows you to dive a tower against a enemy at 100% HP since it provides 3 secs of safety. also it allows for stronger splitpushing and besieging. unfortunately its rather cheap cost, good build path combined with a nice (if weak) mix of stats make Ohmwrecker a strong item regardless. if you ever find a situation to use it, you will find it VERY powerful.
Εlin (EUW)
: Why no one plays Sylas?
his utility trough his ultimate and overall kit make him either pick/ban or useless. currently he is useless for ranked, in competitive (pro-scene) he can be quite broken if his numbers aren't in check. stealing a teamfight ult (like sejuani, malphite ect) makes him broken in competitive since it turns the opponents picks against them. even WORSE most of these ult have high AP scalings which makes them very strong when stolen by sylas. recap: he will remain either broken or useless until a rework.
: Rune idea to replace future's market
its good on a niche of champions, since its not a keystone it can be run on ORNN to improve his laning capabilities. its meant for supports, but their items are already too cheap. if they swap it with time warp tonic it could perhaps picked more often instead of comic insight or approach velocity. i think its always on the brink of OP / useless though. getting an item advantage is VERY powerful after all.
RepοrtHer (EUNE)
: Black Cleaver Suggested rework
Yes! make tanks even WORSE in soloQ!!! in all seriousness tough, black cleaver should go back to 30% armor shred, then they should nerf damage overall to make the game more healthy to play. currently tanks do too much damage but cannot tank properly. bruisers like to build this, but ADC's like lucian and ashe like is too. buffing it in your suggested idea wold make it a MUST buy instead of LW after all, why ignore % armor if you make make it backfire? armor would become even more irrelevant outside of making assassins cry, which would proceed to also buy it.
: i hope you're right, i mean, ezreal has shitty waveclear too and he is an adc.. imho at riot they know what makes pyke powerful and they don't want to change that.. actually it's pretty smart to gut is sololaning by destroying its waveclear, but i 'm sad since i just started to play pyke top
the nerf was surely focused around pro play, waveclear is allot more important there. the gold generation on his ult makes him a good pick regardless due to its potency. or the 30-80% health regen if you dont finish him off... or his 600-2300 natural HP or 45-130 armor.... there are more then enough things on him that are overstat to keep him viable as a laner. jungle however, is finally dead on pyke.

arowin242

Level 70 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion