cvlan (EUNE)
: Just 11 wins from 20 games ( and 13 games was with S )
6,7 cs/min seems very high for a jungler, especially considering your KP. Are you taxing a lot? You also have the majority of your teams kills in many games. Maybe you just take too many resources from your team. Nocturne doesn't scale as well as other champs.
: Huge list. {{champion:122}} Deals insane amount of damage for no reason and has a heal that makes teamfights against him impossible. {{champion:86}} Nearly the same but he will just out tank you and can execute you from range. {{champion:58}} His rage makes him as bad Darius. {{champion:17}} His entire existence. {{champion:105}} Same as Teemo but you atleast see him. {{champion:55}} Always feels like she has way more Ability Power in her abilities even though numbers say otherwise. {{champion:63}} Deals so much damage that it's like watching wild fire. {{champion:89}} The most annoying tank support... Always seems to deal more damage with really low cooldowns. {{champion:99}} I just want to see her dead... Is that too much to ask? {{champion:117}} Only in TFT {{champion:76}} Her range, heals and damage just make her a living nightmare. And she is suppose to be a beginner champion. {{champion:78}} I hope she drops that hammer on her own head someday. {{champion:18}} As bad as Teemo. {{champion:91}} You can't run or hide from this guys mobility... {{champion:29}} As bad as Teemo. {{champion:67}} Buy health and die, buy damage and die, buy armor and die. {{champion:45}} Just deletes 1 player with 1 ability. {{champion:254}} Buy health and die, buy damage and die, buy armor and die and you can't do anything about it. {{champion:5}} Try to escape, there is no hope. {{champion:238}} That shadow is so annoying... {{champion:82}} At the moment just simply deals too much damage with low cooldowns. {{champion:121}} Just too much damage in his kit that is nearly identical to Darius. {{champion:85}} Too much stunning power. {{champion:222}} Looks like a pebble, hits like a train... {{champion:39}} 1 free dash if it kills anything. {{champion:126}} Melee or range, there is just too much damage on both sides. {{champion:150}} Range and health. What else is there? {{champion:31}} There is no limit to his power.... {{champion:119}} He needs to be executed at once!!! {{champion:22}} Only 1 ability requires skill at all. {{champion:120}} Running isn't an option. {{champion:75}} There is no end to his Q's damage. I have more examples, but I usually manage to deal with them so they jsut barely dodged this list.
>{{champion:76}} Her range, heals and damage just make her a living nightmare. And she is suppose to be a beginner champion. She is DEFINiTELY NOT supposed to be a beginner champion. She is one of the most difficult champions in the game.
Hansiman (EUW)
: > I never new that o_O I honestly believed that it was some kind of common agreement that the ones who calls it first gets it, and the last person to talk considers herself autofilled. That's honestly been the way it has been since forever. By experience, the only people who seem to believe that calling out something first gives them the right to said role, is the ones who call out said role. --- > So how are the roles shared in blind? Like everyone can just decide to go mid no? Won't that ruin the game? You have a chat, you could just try to talk to people. I usually ask, but then, I also avoid blind pick like the plague. And it's not really due to the attitude of calling out roles, but because I much prefer the ability to ban champions, and see what my opponents are picking. I also hate mirror matchups, and don't find them enjoyable.
I haven't played blindpick since season 2 but as far as I remember it has always been a common agreement to give the role to the one who calls first. We also had a third player copy + paste the chat logs back then if we didn't agree because people saw their own messages a little bit earlier. You can always ask for a role but if 2 players can't agree on their roles there has to be a way to make a decision. Ofc you can't report people for not playing meta in blindpick but atleast we tried to have a method to create playable teams.
Silisa (EUNE)
: Most of us veteran players (I think I am anyway) come from a time when maining a role wasn't really a thing, so we tend to keep up with gameplay for all roles. ^_^ I know right? I am glad I ran into it. There are not many good guides anymore, too many streamers/youtubers focus on posting their "15min flashy plays" videos. {{sticker:sg-kiko}}
As a veteran player myself I can relate. :) There should be something like an autofill only queue, wouldn't that be great?
Tsetare (EUW)
: Honestly, I just wrote it down to have something "negative" so people do not think that I rave about him or that he is perfect ^^. Otherwise you are totally right!
Oh, I get that. I do that as well sometimes. :)
Tsetare (EUW)
: Friendly little streamer playing Bard with a charming voice
> Although he is "self-insulting" himself for being bad, That's not necessarily a bad thing, it might be just a competetive mindset. Some people like the journey of overcoming bad habits more than the fantasy of being good if you know what I mean. I will see if I like the stream.
: It's not totally true "attack closest", since you want to focus enemy adc (mostly) during laning phase. Since it's better to have enemy adc death (nor cs'ing) than enemy support
The post was about team fights not the laning phase. In the laning phase it depents on if your botlane benefits more of everyone being in range of each other or just the supports being in range of the enemy botlane. For example if you play a thresh vs soraka lane you want the adc to stay only in range of soraka when fighting so that thresh and the adc can kill soraka together while the enemy adc has only the option to attack the tanky thresh. The enemy adc wants to stay next to the soraka and not behind her so he can attack and maybe zone the enemy adc if soraka gets engaged. This is only the case however because their is no frontline in an adc + soraka (or similar support) lane. At least that's how I see it, correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway it's a different topic and has nothing to do with teamfights.
: > I thought Riot had a zero-tolerance policy against discriminatory comments but the truth is he/she is still playing, probably unpunished. How do you know that wasn't their first major offense and they received a massive chat restriction? > After that, I remembered I send a ticket a while ago reporting, once again, hate speech and I check if he/she played after that -- yes, probably unpunished too. How do you know that during that "while ago", this person was not suspended and/or received a chat restriction, possibly for the first major offense? > probably Is the keyword here. You dont know. I receive "Thanks to your report..." on a pretty consistent basis.
I have wrote tickets about several players for griefing over the years. For griefing a chat restriction wouldn't make sense and I checked their op gg for a while so I know that they weren't banned either. Sending tickets doesn't do anything unless they were griefing consistently and recieved multiple reports/tickets for that. Griefing some games here and there doesn't seem to be a problem for the support. Edit: I understand that this is about flame and hatespeech. I just wanted to point out that the support doesn't seem to do more than the automated system.
InvalidUK (EUW)
: New Player Observations
We all had and have to go through this. Just take it as a life lesson to not care about random peoples opinion and the bs they write. You will get used to it, don't worry. Keep in mind that there are very nice people too in this community, trust me. If people are too obnoxious just mute them and report them after the game. > 've never had any comeback on a report for abusive language, so whats the point me using it. You don't get a instant feedback report (or whatever it's called) every time someone gets punished. You only get it sometimes so that the system can't be abused by reverse engineering it. It doesn't mean that people don't get punished. Even if they don't they might get flagged so that they get punished the next time. > Don't play with builds, mobafire is god (I'm reminded of this when I don't buy stormrazor first because I want to see what happens early/mid if I get essence reaver or something first) These noobs don't even know that probuilds is god, not mobafire. jk. Seriously though, if you just want generic builds + runes probuilds is the way to go. Mobafire is for detailed guides and you have to be much more careful about it because many of them are just bad. However as a new player you can try whatever you want. Just have fun, if you like the game you will learn all the things eventually that these people think they understand. Edit: Keep in mind that a lot of the flaming smurfs you mention are people who are just salty about having to grind a new account because their old account was banned :)
Silisa (EUNE)
: Hello! ^_^ While I am not a jungle main, I have been playing this game for a while and have played all roles over the years. So here are some basic tips. **Learn efficient jungle pathing.** Meaning, you need to plan ahead your farming and ganking. For example, if you are blue side and starting on red buff, you **don't want** to go red-wolves-blue-crab then go back to raptors, then gank bot. You are wasting time and messing up your jungle path for the rest of the game (since camps will now re-spawn in the order you killed them in). Here are some useful jungle routes tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN5igilwCqQ&t=1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEfV0tNvfr0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkWyVxDHUv0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78R3LVR8SOA **Ganking.** As a jungler, you need to plan ahead which lanes you want to gank and when. This requires knowledge of your own jungle match up, and all lanes' match ups. If you are new at the game and don't have this knowledge, there is no need to panic, you will learn with experience. As a new jungler, what you want to look for when you intend to gank is: lanes that are pushed by the enemy lanes with low mobility enemies lanes with enemies whose summoners are on CD. Another thing you need to worry about before you even gank is the position of the enemy jungler. You want to have some idea of where he is, because: you don't want to get counter ganked and you want to be there to counter gank him. When you gank and don't get a kill, but have forced the enemy to use flash, make sure to return and gank again in the next 5 minutes, because that laner won't have flash during that window of time, increasing your chances of a successful gank. **I have an opponent too?** The enemy jungler is your opponent, even if you never actually clash in the early game. What do I do about this opponent, you ask? Keep an eye on his position on the map, of course. You want to pay attention to the lanes while you are on your first camp. The opponent/s that come into the lane later are the ones leashing the enemy jungler - which tells you which side of the map he started on. This way, you know when he will be at his second buff as well as which lanes he is more likely to gank in the first 3 minutes. You can also keep track of your opponent by placing wards at the exits of his jungle, or, if you don't mind the risk, by placing wards near enemy camps. **Invading?** To invade without killing yourself and tilting your teammates, you need knowledge of the jungle match ups, map awareness and you need to know why you are invading. - Knowledge of match ups or "am I going to die in a 1v1"? If you know that the enemy jungler can wipe the floor with you in the early game, avoid him. You are not doing yourself any favors by trying to fight. Keep in mind that, if your goal is to steal camps, all you need to know about the match up is: do you have fast clear and can you escape if you get caught. - Map awareness or "I thought this was a 1v1, but then enemy mid and support showed up and I died". If the enemy laners are pushing your laners, DO NOT INVADE. Sure, in silver, enemy laners might be a bunch of monkeys who will ignore their jungler's cry for aid and let you kill him in a 1v1. But you cannot count on that. If your laners are pushed to their turrets, enemy laners will be able to get to their jungler a lot faster than yours will be able to follow. If your laners are getting pushed, for the love of God, gank. Don't randomly invade because "Ezreal is hard to gank anyway". Also, considering how showbally the game is right now, invades make little sense. Enemy 3/0/1 Yi who just killed your top and is taking Herald won't give two fcks about you taking his gromp. **The good, the bad and the game breaker.** Also know as Dragon, Herald and Baron. There are times when you will be able to get Dragon and Herald on your own. If you play a champion that has good clear/sustain, you might just be able to get away with it, if you make sure the enemy doesn't have vision on you (use me {{item:2055}} ). In most cases though, you will want help from your teammates. - To take Dragon, you need control over bot. Meaning, you and your bot lane need to kill 1 or 2 bot laners or force them to back to base. The exception to this is the case when your allies are obviously stronger than the enemy bot are and are pushing them under turret (your bot will easily be able to stop the enemy bot even if they try to contest the Dragon). Another thing you must not forget is - where is your mid? If your mid is in base and the enemy jungler and mid are missing, they might just be waiting for you to walk into the Dragon pit so they can nuke you. Again, if the enemy mid is behind and has no nuking capabilities, you need to be aware of where he is, but his presence should not stop you from taking Dragon. - Herald. Shelly is a tough nut to crack. Which is why you will rarely try to get her on your own. To contest Shelly, you need the conditions I just described for Dragon, only on top and/or mid. So a pushing/winning top and or a pushing/winning mid. It would also be helpful if the enemy jungler is not present to try for a {{summoner:11}} steal. Speaking of Smite steals, always keep in mind which level the enemy jungler is. If he is ahead of you in levels, his smites will be more powerful than yours, meaning that, unless he is dead or stopped with CC, he will be able to steal Dragon, Herald and Baron. - Baron Nashor. You will want to avoid this guy if the entire enemy team is alive. Taking Baron then getting aced by the enemy team is not an unusual way to throw the game. If it is past 20 minutes, two enemies are dead or on the other side of the map, and there is no chance for your team to get an inhibitor, ping Baron and get your team to take it. Again, make sure to use this {{item:2055}} **Champions to play.** These are, in my opinion, not that hard to learn yet pretty decent junglers. {{champion:5}} {{champion:19}} {{champion:80}} {{champion:33}} There are others, but as a beginner, you probably want to avoid more mechanically challenging champions and assassins who depend on getting early kills. Now, here are a few words from someone who knows a lot more than me: (good tips, watch it) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soPbV7emFQ8 I hope this was helpful. Good luck and have fun! ^_^ {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}}
Before I read this I already knew the best comment by far is propably made by someone who isn't a jungle main. :D The last video is gold. I didn't even know this guy but he explained the principles of general theory and the meta very well. This is the opposite of these "10 easy jungle tricks (that only work on this patch and if your opponents are bad) that will get you to challenger" videos. I'm not even a jungle main but if I see my jungler freezing my wave while i'm omw I will make sure to help him as much as a I can because I know how valuable he is. This comes from someone who tilts about his junglers a lot obviously. Edit: The video is gold in a good way. Not in a low elo way. Edit2: The whole channel seems good. Thank you for sharing.
AsherUA (EUW)
: Honestly, I'd rather have too much damage than having 2-hours long fights just because it's between tanks with tons of hp/resistances and shields/heals on top of that. Still remember when even LCS casters were jokingly saying 'get your popcorn, it'll be a long one' when late game {{champion:111}} was fighting vs {{champion:57}} (was it season 5? 6? Don't really remember, tbh.).
I loved tank meta. Those were the best times IMHO. We don't all live in the constant fear of being bored.
: Hey ! Thanks for actively participating in the discussion and making it richer {{sticker:sg-jinx}} > I think the video was good. I still disagree with the point that you shouldn't participate in a teamfight as a carry until important cooldowns are blown because your tank should just die without the enemy team having to use important cooldowns. I think you got me wrong. I never said you shouldn't participate in a teamfight, I just said to not use your important cooldowns. An adc should and will deal an insane amount of damage just by auto attacking (the closest target which is generally the tank who engaged) and moving. It's obvious that you tank will just die for nothing if there is no follow up. > How would you force the enemy to use all their cooldowns in a 3v5 scenario where your carries aren't allowed to go in? First, people generally panic and use everything on the first enemy that jumps on them. Second, you're whole team will be fighting, and using spells (except for the adc and an assassin if you have one, but he can generally just ignore the tank and go straight for the enemy carry (hellooo zed)). I'm pretty sure your {{champion:63}} (or any aoe mage) will be more than happy to use his ult on the tank and make it bounce on everyone. The whole idea is that after the tanks do down and the mages use their cooldowns, you should have an edge over the enemy adc or have a spell to finish any low hp enemy. > Of course at some point you have to be better than someone who just follows simple rules. The rule isn't wrong though, it's just not the best option in every situation you could possibly be in. That goes without a doubt. We are doing theory crafting right now, which means how to play in optimal and theoretical situations. It goes without saying that you should adapt depending on each situation. > Remember that this post was made in new player advice. I think it's important to explain to them how things are supposed to work. I personally believe that it's better if we understand the what and the how of things first. Then, of course, he will adapt depending on his skills and teammates (because he won't always have a team protecting him). I really dislike just telling new players direct instructions like "hit the closest target" without explanations. Because they will just keep doing it without understanding even if it's not the right things to do in many situations (this is just an exemple). It won't help them get better. Of course, if the one who made the post have any question, or don't understand something, I'll gladly help. I can even do a few games with him if he makes an EUW account^^ I just hope he reads this message XD hahahhha {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
So we agree that the adc should generally participate in the teamfight the whole time and that you shouldn't waste your important cooldowns right? Because those are the important parts of the discussion. > First, people generally panic and use everything on the first enemy that jumps on them. I don't like creating a theory on the assumption that the enemy team will panic. > I'm pretty sure your {{champion:63}} (or any aoe mage) will be more than happy to use his ult on the tank and make it bounce on everyone. Brand doesn't have to use his ult if the enemy carries stay away from the fight until he uses it. He can just kill or weaken the tank with e > q > w or whatever. > I think it's important to explain to them how things are supposed to work. I personally believe that it's better if we understand the what and the how of things first. [...] I really dislike just telling new players direct instructions like "hit the closest target" without explanations. I think using general rules is a good way of learning. like this: 1. learn that you should generally do X. 2. learn how to execute X. 3. learn that you should generally do X because a, b and c. 4. get better at X. 5. learn that if a, b and c are false, do Y if d and Z if e 6. learn to execute Y and Z while also getting better at X. (that's why it's so hard to get good) 7. and so on Now I understand that you can swap the second and the third step and that's what I would do that too tbh. However, I don't think there is a point to talk about the more advanced steps before the first 4 are done and that can take a while.
: Mechanics a low elo player must Learn? (Top lane)
I'm a plat midlane main that peaked in diamond promos so I don't want to talk about toplane specific things. I would say the most important things to learn and always get better at for every laner are farming, trading + harassing and making good recalls. I would also say that the only thing that you really have to remember about wave manipulation below plat is to not kill the whole wave if it won't hit the tower. There might be more for toplane though where freezing is more important than in other lanes. Anyway, if you manage to get most of your farm and especially the cs you can get for free while you harass the enemy when he tries to take cs that shouldn't be free and you manage to get good recalls you should be able to climb to plat.
: daily reminder that riot DO punish inters
For some reason this never works when I try it. 6 days ago I wrote a ticket about this guy who was supposed to play support in a ranked game but picked Rengar with smite and ignite instead and told me, the jungler, to play support. I didn't. I even mentioned how he tried to steal my blue lvl 1 but smited 10 hp too early. He griefed in bot and midlane as well and tried to steal my camps throughout the whole game. He still plays. I wrote several tickets about obvious griefers over the years but it never worked. I've given up on it now. I'm glad it worked for you though.
: You've got it wrong, you'll actually win if you do that because your job is to kill the enemies damage dealers, if you waste everything on the tank, the enemies will be the ones winning since they will have a huge damage advantage. It got nothing to do with being selfish or having a good kda. Your job is to do the maximum damage possible, and you won't do that by wasting your precious cooldowns on the enemy tank that have 200 armor. I clearly said that he should auto attack the tank (the closest target generally). I didn't say that you should just run and not do anything if you can't reach the carries. But of course this, is theory, the main idea is to stay back until the enemies use their cooldowns on your tanks so you won't get oneshotted. He is 2 videos that will illustrate what I'm saying that explain it better : [Teamfighting](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwE9wPwHCuU) [ADC Teamfighting](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdbuNMYO78I) Those are from the leaguecraft 101 that every high elo player recommend
Hey, thank you for reply. I've watched the first video so far and wanted to go over some points. I might respond again after I watched the second video and thought about it If I find time to do so. I think the video was good. I still disagree with the point that you shouldn't participate in a teamfight as a carry until important cooldowns are blown because your tank should just die without the enemy team having to use important cooldowns. Even if they have to use a few of them your team should still lose if your tanks are dead while your carries haven't done any damage yet. How would you force the enemy to use all their cooldowns in a 3v5 scenario where your carries aren't allowed to go in? > Your job is to do the maximum damage possible, and you won't do that by wasting your precious cooldowns on the enemy tank that have 200 armor. I never said you should. An adc should be able to do damage without using big cooldowns though. Also you wrote in your earlier comment: > save your spells, dash (if you have it) and flash for their key target. Now he made 3 points in the "kill backline" section: * APC flash for backline or finish off tanks * ADC _can_ dive if no enemy burst CD's * Tanks can make flash plays The second point is conditional. It's the exception of the rule I talked about. The rule is still "hit the closest target while staying save" for an adc. Edit: Just watched the second video. In this video he keeps saying that you can play adc teamfights until low diamond by just hitting the closest target. He then talks about the exceptions of the rule when diving into the backline is better while he shows examples of high elo and competetive games. Of course at some point you have to be better than someone who just follows simple rules. The rule isn't wrong though, it's just not the best option in every situation you could possibly be in. Remember that this post was made in new player advice.
: Hmm, at the loading screen, you should be able to detect threats (A Zed for example). And as the games goes on, you'll be able to see if they become fed or if they are useless, you'll also get more info about how your team is playing and if your tanks are protecting you correctly. Simply put, stay out of the threats range until they use they key spells (gap closer), the adc should be the last one to enter a fight. You see, the first part of a teamfight is were tanks go and make the enemies use their spells on them. So if the enemy tank jump on your team, stay back and only auto attack him (keep moving while doing it), save your spells, dash (if you have it) and flash for their key target. If you do this, you'll always be stronger than the enemies who already used their spells on your tank. I know you can stress when a malphite jumps on your team, but keep calm and only auto attack while moving back. This way, you'll deny their carries and do max damage. As an adc, you are your teams most damage source, so you should try to stay alive as much as possible.. Just note that sometimes, there is nothing you can do about it, if a zed decides to shadow from behind a wall and your teammates don't protect you, there is nothing you can do to stop him from ulting you :/
> Simply put, stay out of the threats range until they use they key spells (gap closer), the adc should be the last one to enter a fight. I disagree. Good players won't use all their important cooldowns on tanks. In a classic teamcomp you lose if the enemy adc attacks your tank and your adc doesn't attack their tank. That's a very selfish way of playing and won't gain you anything except a good kda. Edit: > save your spells, dash (if you have it) and flash for their key target. Even though you can do that, your main job as an adc is doing consistent damage and not to "focus the enemy carries at all costs"(I read this way too often). I genuinly believe you should learn the rule before you learn when to break it. Just attack the closest target and stay at distance. If there are multiple targets in range you focus the carries ofc.
: > [{quoted}](name=callmesteak,realm=EUW,application-id=00edEA0o,discussion-id=Na47yHbc,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-16T16:09:17.867+0000) >...you were a distraction at least...Just try to make your death worth. That part legit made me so sad... I will try to remember to attack the closest target, maybe sometimes I am getting too picky and wait for the right one to hit, haven't noticed that. Thank you for your help.
You're welcome. Don't be sad about dying in a teamfight though. Don't be a kda player. If you have impact you're doing alright. This is true for every role. Edit: A lot of people don't understand the difference between feeding and dying so don't listen to them. Feeding is dying without any reason. Now having impact in a teamfight is a good reason to die so it has nothing to do with feeding. It's a teamgame after all.
: A question about marksmen
Attack the closest target. Always move while doing so and keep the max distance you can attack from. If your team doesn't help you at all they hopefully get a kill on someone else instead so you were a distraction at least. If they flashed for you at least they wasted big cooldowns and you were a distraction again. Keep in mind that it's ok to die in teamfights. Just try to make your death worth.
Sqryson (EUNE)
: I never meant to say i am good jungler,i just observed good ones and bad ones, much to my terror bad ones are common occurence,some people going jungle and when i ask them do u know what jungler do?? they answer he kills other players then i have no words for that. And from my knowledge Jungler should: Help lane that is harrased by their opponent or enemy jungler Provide some vision in meantime on river lane by either killing scutler or placing vision ward Killing Drakes to provide buffs for team If its possible take out asap herald to provide headstart push at lane Correct me if i am wrong at some point
drakes and Herald are team objectives. The jungler can't just randomly take them like he was playing pve.
Sqryson (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=GonahtanuGepardi,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=9fM4bXuT,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2018-12-15T10:03:44.450+0000) > > You are just doing it wrong then. You aren't supposed to take those minions. Just get them low enough for your laner to last hit. This is support role lol not jungler
> This is support role lol not jungler You might be right. You really do need a jungle tutorial.
Daokine (EUW)
: Tl:dr for me? pls? not in a mood to read tons of bs from a 4k games gold player with 40-45% winrate, who is not even capale to get the easiest informations, and get triggered about a "mid-elo"player, sorry pal I would be frustrated aswell to be at this elo after 8years or even more. Was reading the last 2 sentence: mr blob player: never complained, I told that not all adc's are "op" and also said, some of them are insanely strong while the rest suffers. I'm sorry if your brain is not capable of to get in depth informations like this. That might be a reason to be at this elo after billions of years and games. Btw: your passive, jealous aggressive talking fits perfect to a player who has 1-2k games each season, tilting almost every game and never goes higher than low plat. I understand you my friend... if you ever want to learn and need coaching, catch me in the client, I would be glad to help you! GetTriggered/HitOrMiss
> Tl:dr for me? pls? No
: Add Nami, Lulu or Karma.
I wouldn't advice Nami. She is much harder to play and to coordinate with your team than people realize IMHO.
Naqqinator (EUNE)
: Is this champion pool good?
It's good. Maybe Alistar is a bit too team reliant for fast climbing but he's not too bad either.
Daokine (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=callmesteak,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=mhjsUQL0,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-12-12T22:20:14.823+0000) > > Hi > > This is obviously a bug since the players you get matched with are much higher. Anyway can you prove that you are dia 2? Looking at your op.gg I just can&#x27;t believe it. Since this discussion is about gameplay and your argument is based on your experience in higher elos this is relevant and my downvote will stay until you provide proof. 82% winrate with Lucian in Plat3~ uh gosh what happened there, and I'm not even trying, since I dont waste 1k games till the mmr is equal to the showed rank in preseason where everybody is playing first time sh1t xd Every lose so far hard inting ppl or I just yolo'd (more likely yolo when meeting players like you, which are since about 4000rankeds in gold- low plat and ve 40-45% winrate on their mains, btw.: I play exactly 3 years ... think about it). Nooooo sh1t sherlock it's a "bug" damn srsly? Never would ve expected it! Riot is already aware about the problem, and there are tons of post that smurfs land in iron... you ... are ... just ... too late... Oh damn I got a downvote... o m g holy moly I break in tears now uh mu gud a random duwnvute pluse stup :<
I don't even know where to start. You being so defensive just encourages my believe that you have never been dia 2. > 82% winrate with Lucian in Plat3~ uh gosh what happened there According to your op.gg you won 75% of your games with lucian. You played 12 and you won 9. Your overall winrate is 63%. Now keep in mind that this is a fresh account with only 27 ranked games played in total so you started from the bottom which ofc boosts your winrate with so few games played. And Idk why you think your mmr is plat3? because plat3 are the highest mmr players you get matched with sometimes? Most of them are gold. I could only find one plat2 player in your matchhistory. > more likely yolo when meeting players like you, which are since about 4000rankeds in gold- low plat and ve 40-45% winrate on their mains Now this is BS. You can't talk about 4000 games which I have maybe played after 6 seasons and then claim I had a negative winrate with my main and I was gold. You suddenly only looked at preseason stats because they are bad enough to prove your point. They have nothing to do with the 4000 games though. According to my op.gg I have a 55% winrate on ahri season 8, 54% in season 7 and 64% in season 6. I haven't been gold for a long time either except for this preseason because I try to live on the edge in preseason so I can see how far I can go. I have been high plat for most of the most time for 2 seasons now. I peaked in dia promo with dia 4 mmr according to op.gg. At least get your stats right if you try to flame me. My point still stands. If you complain about balance and gameplay with your point entirely based on your rank, you better prove that you are dia2. There are no impressive stats given in your op.gg. Do you even know how good high dia players are compared to high plat/low dia?
Daokine (EUW)
: Bronze4 ADC here, actually Diamond2 but riot wanted to place me in Iron :^) So my Bronze4 Opinion is: Look at the stats, ADC role perse is relatively weak, you need a half decent support and you've to hope your team is not 0/20 after 10minutes... BUT, that counts only for the ADC's who did NOT recover from the insane huge - almost destroying - nerfs back in Season8. Since that you 2 sorts of ADC's: Number1: I cry cuz I cant carry, cuz I can't scale, cuz games are too short. Number2: I don't need huge scaling i'm potent enough to deal dmg before I've 38138Items. Because of that you've basically 2-3ADC's with an insane pickrate... and the rest is more or less forgotten. If you cant climb with those 2-3ADC's (let's say, Lucian>Kaisa>Jhin) then sorry, you just suck at the game. Number2 is oppressive as fk because all the other spaghetti ADC's did not recover from the insane %%%%%%ed nerf's. @Flealess 8years dominating? League of Assasins Season3, League of Tanks... League of Jungle (since years now). Ardentmeta wasnt a ADCproblem at all. It was Supportitem Meta. And Riot realized too late that the ADC itself wasn't the big problem, it was the supportitems with their 381818healings, Shields and Atkspeed utility. But maybe you play a different game, because in my Game and also in d5-Master I only see that ADC's get oneshotted or facerolled since years if they are slightly behind... I mean, there is a reason why only 2-3ADC's are really playable for almost 3 years now :^) That THOSE ADC's are indeed extremely strong champions is not denyable... but if you only count the Top3 ADC's for the entire ADC-Role, then keep living in your nutshell. And it is since YEARS like that - that you always had 2-3options as ADC because the rest is litterally unplayable vs. the other ones espically in higher elo (or you are a sadistic otp) So the problem is way deeper than "uh afer dumunuting thu gume fur 8 suseason then gut gutted"
Hi > Bronze4 ADC here, actually Diamond2 but riot wanted to place me in Iron :^) This is obviously a bug since the players you get matched with are much higher. Anyway can you prove that you are dia 2? Looking at your op.gg I just can't believe it. Since this discussion is about gameplay and your argument is based on your experience in higher elos this is relevant and my downvote will stay until you provide proof.
Koyomi (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=callmesteak,realm=EUW,application-id=ETj6EdvQ,discussion-id=MrnZnMEA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-05T05:08:54.921+0000) > > Why are there no names in chat? I can&#x27;t find it in the in game setting. Part of the bug. Bot names don't appear currently.
It's a shame. I've always wanted the option to turn names off.
: so does riot have an official mmr calculator ? or that would be my rank according to them ?
No, it's supposed to be hidden. We don't know yet what our ranks really mean. I can remember that plat has always been like the best 10% of players and dia like the best 2%. We have to wait for a bit to be able to compare it that way.
: What type of new racism is this?
> Today I experienced the new form of racism! No you didn't, unless your skin color is bronze. > I was in draft pick normal (not in ranked) and I wanted to try Neeko, a "funny guy" chatted that he will dodge that game because im a bronze player. > I play this game since open beta and even if im not a Faker's child i know the game and i was silver for many seasons, in one season i was near gold too (but didn't have the skills to reach it xD). I hope that not all the community is like that player that control others profile for a normal game and discriminate bronze players without knowing how they play. He didn't discriminate you. He just dodged. You didn't lose anything.
: > [{quoted}](name=Asher2406,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=KOhRBFQA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-06T01:35:29.245+0000) > > They affect your mmr, thus they MAY affect your future placements. so if i have 50% win ratio and get like 4 divisions higher during preseason , but remain at 50-51% win ratio cuz lots of games , how will it impact new season?
> They affect your mmr, thus they MAY affect your future placements. Well, they WILL affect your future placements BECAUSE they affect your mmr. > so if i have 50% win ratio and get like 4 divisions higher during preseason , but remain at 50-51% win ratio cuz lots of games , how will it impact new season? Well, you don't know for sure because your division is not the same as your mmr and it's also not the same as your division was last leason because they changed things. Master is much easier to accomplish than last season for example. Just because you climb in divisions doesn't mean you suddenly have higher mmr.
: REK'SAI META AGAIN OR NAH?
I haven't read anything about her in Meddlers recent gameplay thoughts, so i guess there are no plans for changes atm. We can't talk about the meta because it's still preseason and there will be alot of changes. However if you are interested in playing rek'sai you can try how well she does with Hail of blades now. She is one of the few champions that can make use of this keystone and now it just got a massive buff on the pbe. We don't know if the buff will come through for sure though.
GHazey (EUW)
: Going Pro; How does the process from "Random Solo Queue Player" to "Pro Player" look like?
This is propably the wrong place for the question. If I was you I would rather try to talk to people who know the scene than the public. Sry if this seems rude to others but seeing the other comments encourages me on the opinion that it's very unlikely that you will find someone that can help you here. Although it's propably true that you should try to climb higher on the ladder first as others mentioned and maybe you can try to find a team for smaller tournaments for the competetive experience. Anyway, the people that are already in the scene propably know better how to get in than some random gold's (or random masters, it doesn't matter) on the boards. I think you should try to talk to one of them if you are serious.
Vytautis (EUNE)
: Turrent Planting for Extra Gold is baiting players into misplays
The same can be said for anything that gives gold like minions, a jungle camp or tower gold in general. You can't safe players from being greedy.
Cryptidian (EUNE)
: Some champion kits just make me want to pull my hair out and mail it to the Riot HQ
Don't know what you are talking about Tham's kit is perfect it also counters both zoe's and fizz's kits if you think about it.
: i just play marksman and i need marksman champion full but It is impossible, but so bad play marksman :( but i like marksman so practice harder :) i mean make it easy to get blue essence, don't just get blue essence for level up at least there spin free every days for get blue essence :) btw thx bro :)
You don't need to have all of them immediately. Just play a few and become good at them. You can try the others when they are free to play to find out which of those you like the most. You can buy the others later. :)
: HELP
It's better for new players to only play a few champions anyway. You can't master them all. No one can. Have fun :)
Zanador (EUNE)
: Here, i upvoted once for you too. :)
Edit: I got it wrong. Thank you :)
: I used to main top lane with mid secondary. I have recently started playing support because i enjoyed it way more that the other roles. Thank you for the advice.
: I want ADC advice for Learning as a new Support Main.
So I'm not an ADC main but I play since season 2 and have played every role except top (unless I'm autofilled ofc). ADC was my offrole for 3 seasons till the crit item changes. When playing ADC the main thing I want my support to do is not hiding behind me all the time even when playing Nami or Soraka. If the supports stands too far behind he can't punish lasthits, he can't poke as much as he should and he can't react to engages fast enough. Just be confident and try to do the things every laner does or should do except last hitting. The same thing applies to tanks like leona. You don't have to engage, the threat of it will often be enough. Even if you are on cooldowns, they might waste a cooldown on you that they would have used on me. Just don't stand too far behind me. Be confident! Edit: If you have trouble with harrassing while staying safe try to play some mid or top. You will learn it much faster and you can then apply it to your support play.
: No one cares about your opinion, you play Aram and Aram is not a league end. Waiting for the angry Aram mains too down Vote this :*
I play soloq most of the time. Aram only for hextech chests. Downvoted anyway :*
Enjutsu (EUNE)
: > it's not like in the long term it adds **to your personal growth or something**, at this point, it is just an addiction that needs to be ended. I actually think it does. If you don't play ranked, just playing the game and learning how to deal with your emotions, staying calm and not flaming back will definitely be useful in real life. I sometimes have to deal with annoying people at work and my co-workers tend to get surprised how calmly i manage to deal with them. If you take ranked seriously there's a lot to be learned there too, if you take it seriously. Learning how to improve, how to learn, how to reflect on yourself, don't blame the environment, but think what you should do yourself. It's also quite a taxing mental activity that will be beneficial in other fields. There are videos telling people to do certain stuff to be successful at life, which i already got from climbing. I actually don't even play the game for "fun" anymore, it's one of the ways to grow.
I would upvote twice if I could. For me games have never been entertainment only like a comedy movie. In games you do something yourself and how you do it matters and will change your general attitude overall. I wish more people had this attitude but I guess there is enough space in this game for casuals too. Have a nice day!
Koyomi (EUNE)
: Bots using wrong quotes
Why are there no names in chat? I can't find it in the in game setting.
gazzo97 (EUW)
: yes that would seem reasonable, except from the fact that it requires amazing self control, I'm not sure but I believe the wide majority of people that play the game do no have that kind of attitude
> yes that would seem reasonable, except from the fact that it requires amazing self control, I'm not sure but I believe the wide majority of people that play the game do no have that kind of attitude And that's how you can grow as a person in this game. However the game won't do it for you. You actively have to try to better yourself.
SeanGoku (EUW)
: League community in a nutshell
I like most of your points but I kind of want to go in a different direction. I just don't think solo Queue should be considered the most important part of the game forever. What I think riot should do: - The report system seems to work fine against flame, given all the threads of people being banned for their harmless death threats and hate speeches. However their is too much griefing in the game so riot should give 0 tollerance for griefing and just ban you for a week the first or second time you do it. I understand that it's difficult to be proven but it has been a long time now since the system was introduced and something has to be done. - Honor: This should be more meaningful. In fact you can only get so many keys anyway so the only difference between the orbs from honor 2 - 5 are some BE. The more keys thing is bs. - Clash: This is huge. If they make it so clash is considered important it might make a big difference in cultur even for soloQ. - Clubs: Give them more features. Just like clash, clubs could make a big difference in culture if considered important. - People have been asking for the option to report in champion select for years now. I don't know why this is still not a thing. What I think the community should do: - Build a better cultur. Just play flex 5v5 more or even costum games. We don't have to rely on riots matchmaking. Imagine people would build their own ranking system or something for costum games. If you search a raid in WoW and grief you will just have a bad reputation and won't be given a chance again unless you apologize or at least that's how it used to be when I played. Edit: Added one point about what I think riot should do.
: Funny joke on an annoying topic. And I have to agree. The moment I joined plat and climbed the divisions there it felt as if I was back to elementary school. The people there are so sensible and easy to break and can't deal with different opinions. "You took one CS? AFK", "You told me that I did something wrong? Int feed inc.", "I give up a solo kill? Rep jungle for not ganking and surr 15" A lot of players give up when the smallest challenges arise as if they only want to play when they are fed and get an easy win but expecting to fight for a win is too much. Obviously there are also good people around, they shouldn't feel addressed. Have a nice day^^
That's sadly how it is. > Obviously there are also good people around, they shouldn't feel addressed. True. The camille was definitely one of those. Not only did she not flame while they tried to steal her camps, she also didn't tilt and played very well overall. > Have a nice day^^ Have a nice day!
bicas5xd (EUW)
: Oh, ok thank you and good luck for this new season!
That's how it used to be but some things change in season 9. https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2018/04/dev-updates-to-ranked-for-2019/ > Rank Border > > Next season, you’ll unlock your rank border as soon as you finish your provisional games for a position. You’ll be able to see it grow and change as you climb the ladder. In addition to the loading screen, the current design adds your live rank to your profile, hovercard, and lobby, so your friends will be able to marvel at your skill.
Rioter Comments
CliffiToF (EUW)
: reported 7 trash teammates but got chat restricted instead
You are trolling right? You have to be trolling.
Zanador (EUNE)
: >I'm sorry but I just never felt like an opinion holds more value because it's the opinion of the majority. (look at reddit...) Yes it should be taken seriously if a lot of players aren't satisfied with something that is game related. Though it doesn't mean they know better necesseraly. That's all i was trying to say too. I intentionally used words like "looked into" and considered, because a majority can and will hold a wrong opinion a lot. To be more precise, i think that even when people find a real problem, they most often only see the surface level of it, and have absolutely no idea what caused the problem and how it could be fixed. For example how people complained about the "tank meta" for a whole season and demanded the defenses to be reduced, even tho poor tanks only tried to survive the ADCs, who's average DPS doubled within a year. People got their defense nerfs and now everyone complains about feeders, because their teammates die left and right in bursts they couldn't predict. All could have been solved if they addressed the real issue instead of the surface level problem. >I genuinely do believe that the game should be balanced for the highest level of play mainly. I think that makes the game very stable in some way. I believe in a slight variation of the same thing: the top level of a game should always stay healthy. After all, who would want to climb if the higher level games are worse? But "healthy" does allow a lot of things to be sub-optimal in high level, if they are just a bit too weak to be picked, but otherwise do not cause any trouble. So no, i don't think that champions should be balanced based on lower elo either, but as long as the top level meta is kept healthy, the voice of bronze-silver should be heard too, because sometimes they point out the right things from a perspective that is hard to find among the hardcore base. And yeah, as the video says, SC2 is a good cautionary example of what happens when they balance the whole game around the korean pro players only. Even at it's peak time, SC2 had fewer players than SC1 and it constantly struggles to find new players and keep the old ones.
> I believe in a slight variation of the same thing: the top level of a game should always stay healthy. After all, who would want to climb if the higher level games are worse? But "healthy" does allow a lot of things to be sub-optimal in high level I agree. > And yeah, as the video says, SC2 is a good cautionary example of what happens when they balance the whole game around the korean pro players only. Even at it's peak time, SC2 had fewer players than SC1 and it constantly struggles to find new players and keep the old ones. Even if it's not the most popular game around it's far from dead and SC has been around for many years now. You could say it's a classic. It's like the chess of RTS games.
Zanador (EUNE)
: In that, you are completely right. Everyone should be able to back up their opinion in some way if they want others to listen to it. My post will not aim to argue against you, i'll just try to bring another point of view into this topic, and this seems like the right time. A lot of people here have said things that reflect my point of view here, like how a well constructed argument shouldn't be dismissed based on rank and so on, so i will not repeat them, instead i'll just mention another point, nobody yet mentioned, as far as i've read: I'll refer to a video made by [ExtraCredits](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VtTMluhSmk) here (6 minutes). The gist of it is that if a company only listens to the most dedicated and hardcore of it's fans when they make their games, then it is very likely that the game they create will be awesome for the hardcore players, but almost impossible to approach for the new ones. On that notion, i also think that lower ranked players should be considered or looked into, simply because 80% of the players are in silver or bronze and so their collective opinion does matter a lot. Of course this doesn't mean that every bronze or silver player is correct or that their posts shouldn't be debated like the ones made by everybody else, but there might be a room for consideration. After all, higher ranked players agree that Zoe might be balanced, but it is absolutely horrible to play against someone who is good with her. In just the same way, a lower ranked player might find something troublesome that everyone on high rank can handle without a problem, but it shouldn't be hard to accept that at least in his range, he might be right.
I don't even get the reference but the ctrl + j thing made me lol. Don't get me wrong I get where you come from and I can agree with most of what you say but I don't share your opinion entirely. > A lot of people here have said things that reflect my point of view here, like how a well constructed argument shouldn't be dismissed based on rank and so on Agreed, a well structured argument shouldn't be dismissed, no matter who it comes from. > On that notion, i also think that lower ranked players should be considered or looked into, simply because 80% of the players are in silver or bronze and so their collective opinion does matter a lot. I'm sorry but I just never felt like an opinion holds more value because it's the opinion of the majority. (look at reddit...) Yes it should be taken seriously if a lot of players aren't satisfied with something that is game related. Though it doesn't mean they know better necesseraly. > After all, higher ranked players agree that Zoe might be balanced, but it is absolutely horrible to play against someone who is good with her. In just the same way, a lower ranked player might find something troublesome that everyone on high rank can handle without a problem, but it shouldn't be hard to accept that at least in his range, he might be right. I genuinely do believe that the game should be balanced for the highest level of play **mainly**. I think that makes the game very stable in some way. Imagine you had to worry about a lot of things getting insanely OP as you climb just because the game was balanced for low elo where people couldn't abuse it as well. Imagine riot would keep buffing ryze because silver/bronze players complain about his low solo queue winrate alot. Sure you could ban him but there are other champs like azir, cassio, kalista and many others that will always be better in higher elo. I understand that it's frustrating if you are a bronze/silver player and like one of these champs but they shouldn't be overbuffed and more importantly they shouldn't be simplified because of the frustration of some players. If you really want to play these champions you just have to accept that you will climb slower if at all. However I do thing in your example you are right. If there is an actual big issue for low elo like a champion that is just very hard to play against, riot should do something about it. It's just hurting too many games (the actual gameplay, not only feelings). So yes in this example the silver player is right and the problem should be fixed. Edit: Of course it should be investigated first. I don't know if zoe is an actual problem in silver. Edit2: I just rewatched the video and I noticed that he mentioned sc2 as an example for a game that lost a lot of players because not listening to it's players enough. Honesty, I would say it's a prime example for good balance and healthy culture. They propably lost a lot of players because RTS games did in general.
: Im sure we all feel the enemy jungler hinders us more than our own jungler helps us, its normal. If i could tick a box that made a game 4v4 with no junglers so i can have my way with my lane opponent id be delighted. Atm the problem is that junglers have such a huge impact with their gold and exp rates as well as the delay on sup items blocking proper vision for like 8 mins best case scenario. So its only normal to feel resentful when its being done to you and not for you. I vote to bring back the solo lane lvl 6 / junglers lvl 4 meta where you can kill the laner and the jungler for a double kill rather than anxiety of ganks you cant stop.
> I vote to bring back the solo lane lvl 6 / junglers lvl 4 meta where you can kill the laner and the jungler for a double kill rather than anxiety of ganks you cant stop. I agree, I liked that meta a alot. I even liked playing jungle more in that meta tbh.
Show more

callmesteak

Level 216 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion