duckarp (EUNE)
: That's a completely different situation. Firstly, when you're sentenced for life-time punishment, you will never see your stuff again. Secondly, buying clothes isn't limited by your verbal/nonverbal behavior outside the shop. Thirdly, you are NOT buying a product. You bought the service - ingame currency, which you received. Better example would be: You paid for a membership in some prestigious club. Upon entering you always sign an agreement about your behavior and allowed actions in the premises. You get into fight, numerous times and cause the club some damage. After several warnings they ban you from the club. Do you think they would refund you??
> [{quoted}](name=duckarp,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=XkRK7RYq,comment-id=000b00010000,timestamp=2017-02-07T13:29:24.318+0000) > > That's a completely different situation. Firstly, when you're sentenced for life-time punishment, you will never see your stuff again. > Secondly, buying clothes isn't limited by your verbal/nonverbal behavior outside the shop. > Thirdly, you are NOT buying a product. You bought the service - ingame currency, which you received. > > Better example would be: > > You paid for a membership in some prestigious club. Upon entering you always sign an agreement about your behavior and allowed actions in the premises. You get into fight, numerous times and cause the club some damage. After several warnings they ban you from the club. Do you think they would refund you?? The life sentence in England is actually like 30-40 years so that's not true i would get my possessions back when i am released.
: Why are Riot allowed to get away with this?
Oh man no one understands the frustration, if you pay for something on Saturday, and wake up on Sunday to use it then find out that the company you bought it from has stopped your ability to use it then obviously i'm going to complain, Riot get off way too much with this shit and take people money and give them some bullshit automated response. Riot you're just a bunch of scamming cowboys that steal from people then hide behind your dumbass ToU. .The world is a %%%%ed up place when a company can get away with taking peoples money with no repercussions at all. Have a nice day.
: You agreed to that though. So it is not theft. It is a contract with fixed terms you have to accept each team you create an account or a major patch is up. It is not Riots fault if you dont read the conditions. They were all there, revealed for public. It is not like they pulled some hidden conditions out of their arse.
> [{quoted}](name=Stahlvormund,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=XkRK7RYq,comment-id=00080000000000000000,timestamp=2017-02-07T13:21:54.883+0000) > > You agreed to that though. So it is not theft. It is a contract with fixed terms you have to accept each team you create an account or a major patch is up. It is not Riots fault if you dont read the conditions. They were all there, revealed for public. It is not like they pulled some hidden conditions out of their arse. * They force me to agree though if i want to play and if all my friends are online waiting for me to play then i'm not going to say no am i lol... i really love league, i'm 18 now and have been playing since i was 13 so it's been quite along time all im doing is pointing out the fact that Riot steal from people.
Perilum (EUW)
: Yes the police can do that. If you're not able to behave in the public traffic, you can lose your driving license.
> [{quoted}](name=Perilum,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=XkRK7RYq,comment-id=00030000000000000001,timestamp=2017-02-07T13:17:00.207+0000) > > Yes the police can do that. > If you're not able to behave in the public traffic, you can lose your driving license. Haha oh man i see this shit every day people shouting and swearing calling each other shitty drivers and idiots and so on... life goes on, the government doesn't decided this person can't drive for calling another driver bad... there is no point trying to compare any other situation to this, Riot have created a ToU that enables them to take peoples money and not provide the service they paid for which is essentially scamming.
Perilum (EUW)
: You sign a contract every time you buy RP or play a new patch. Read the contract you sign. Then you know why.
> [{quoted}](name=Perilum,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=XkRK7RYq,comment-id=000800000001,timestamp=2017-02-07T13:15:27.975+0000) > > You sign a contract every time you buy RP or play a new patch. > Read the contract you sign. Then you know why. I really cannot be bothered to hear more shit about this contract that i 'sign' that all of a sudden gives Riot the ability to take peoples money then decide depending on if they've been good or bad like some %%%%ing online Santa Claus that they can just take it back whenever they want.
Rstonius (EUW)
: This is one of the dumbest posts ever read terms and conditions please. If you get perma banned then it's your fault for breaking the rules. If you pay $1,000 on clothes and then get sent to prison for something killing someone, you aint getting those clothes or anything else.
> [{quoted}](name=Rokąs,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=XkRK7RYq,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2017-02-07T13:03:04.926+0000) > > This is one of the dumbest posts ever read terms and conditions please. If you get perma banned then it's your fault for breaking the rules. If you pay $1,000 on clothes and then get sent to prison for something killing someone, you aint getting those clothes or anything else. Your logic is so flawed though because no matter how long i serve in prison my possessions will be kept waiting for me outside of prison when i am released, imagine this, you bought some clothes from a shop for $1,000 and then you got into an argument with someone and it turned into a fight and next thing you're in a jail cell. those clothes are still **mine ** since i paid for them. they don't get given back to the shop again...
: The Terms of Use are in action the entire time, but nobody has to refer to them unless someone %%%%s up and ppl need to look into the rulebook again.
> [{quoted}](name=Stahlvormund,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=XkRK7RYq,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2017-02-07T13:08:59.283+0000) > > The Terms of Use are in action the entire time, but nobody has to refer to them unless someone %%%%s up and ppl need to look into the rulebook again. It just gives Riot the ability to steal peoples money without them being able to do anything...
Excandar (EUW)
: Since I sympathize with your sentiment, I'm hardly ever reporting anyone except bots. Self righteous white knights have no concept of freedom, society usually thinks they're right and so, more and more rules, laws and regulations are passed every day. I cannot put a stop to this. But I can still _choose_ to _not_ report you in defiance. That's my pocket revolution right there. Not impressive, huh? Unfortunately, there is no other way: even if bans were to evolve progressively like you proposed, you'd still lose your account eventually. Therefore, the best advice I can give you is to excercise your right to remain silent. Especially if you dump real money on the game. They are within their rights to suspend any account they see fit without needing any kind of justification; and from a business' standpoint, I understand why Rito supports non-toxicity and a "reform policy". My opinions about that are my own, however ;-) But my advice still stands: on an individual level, never ever say anything that could be perceived even remotely negative and you should be fine. Don't risk losing your account- it's not worth it.
> [{quoted}](name=Excandar,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=XkRK7RYq,comment-id=00020000000100000002,timestamp=2017-02-07T12:56:22.968+0000) > > Since I sympathize with your sentiment, I'm hardly ever reporting anyone except bots. > > Self righteous white knights have no concept of freedom, society usually thinks they're right and so, more and more rules, laws and regulations are passed every day. > > I cannot put a stop to this. But I can still _choose_ to _not_ report you in defiance. That's my pocket revolution right there. Not impressive, huh? Unfortunately, there is no other way: even if bans were to evolve progressively like you proposed, you'd still lose your account eventually. > > Therefore, the best advice I can give you is to excercise your right to remain silent. Especially if you dump real money on the game. They are within their rights to suspend any account they see fit without needing any kind of justification; and from a business' standpoint, I understand why Rito supports non-toxicity and a "reform policy". My opinions about that are my own, however ;-) But my advice still stands: on an individual level, never ever say anything that could be perceived even remotely negative and you should be fine. Don't risk losing your account- it's not worth it. I like the way you think, this community of trying to make Riot look like gods and defending them no matter what they do. Its pathetic it really is, Riot don't want to empower the player, they try to parent them like little kids which funnily enough creates childish behavior.
: > [{quoted}](name=d3ut3r0n0my,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=XkRK7RYq,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-02-07T12:18:44.135+0000) > > Why do people continue to brush under the rug that people that have spent A LOT of money on league are being permabanned each day **WITHOUT BEING REFUNDED** Because it doesn't matter. People are giving them money. RITO has no obligation to return them. Should read the ToS, pleb.
> [{quoted}](name=Kedren Aderac,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=XkRK7RYq,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2017-02-07T12:59:00.579+0000) > > Because it doesn't matter. > > People are giving them money. RITO has no obligation to return them. > > Should read the ToS, pleb. And this is the issue that i have, why don't they have this obligation? if you don't want me to play your game fine. But the minute i question why i can't have my money back i get all this ToU bullshit?
Infernape (EUW)
: It's the same logic you're using over "robbing" someone after you stop them from using your service after _repeatedly_ breaking your rules with several warnings. They're extreme examples but it shows how warped your logic is.
> [{quoted}](name=FurorDivinus27,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=XkRK7RYq,comment-id=0002000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2017-02-07T13:00:10.374+0000) > > It's the same logic you're using over "robbing" someone after you stop them from using your service after breaking your rules. They're extreme examples but it shows how warped your logic is. My logic isn't 'warped' if i pay for something i expect to receive it and be able to use it whenever i want?
: Only if you'd flame hard. I'm toxic sometimes, I haven't even seen a warning. Why? Because I NEVER use the words "%%% (=kill yourself)" or "I hope you get cancer". I'll tell someone that's feeding to "stfu and play the game he queued up for". Is it minor toxicity? Sure. I haven't been banned yet.
> [{quoted}](name=MadKnife IV,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=XkRK7RYq,comment-id=00020000000100000001,timestamp=2017-02-07T12:47:03.841+0000) > > Only if you'd flame hard. I'm toxic sometimes, I haven't even seen a warning. Why? Because I NEVER use the words "%%% (=kill yourself)" or "I hope you get cancer". I'll tell someone that's feeding to "stfu and play the game he queued up for". Is it minor toxicity? Sure. I haven't been banned yet. i have never told anyone to get cancer or to kill themselves i have lost family members to cancer although i do call things cancerous sometimes like kha'zix or something lol , i just don't like losing and that's something i should work on i know, but Riot don't help me, they just ban me.
duckarp (EUNE)
: You're not buying skins, you're paying for a service. That's a huge difference. Also, you need another example I see... Let's say you buy a DVD with Windows on it. You accept the terms, install it on your PC and then try to reverse-engineer the code, which is in clear conflict with the rules you've just accepted. By this moment you lost your rights of using the software and if anyone found out, you would have legal issues. Another example - you buy yourself a gun. You start shooting people. What would happen? You've clearly violated the rules of your country, you will be fined and end up in jail. Do you seriously think anyone would refund your gun?? Yes, it's quite an extreme example, but it illustrates the idea. Last example - you buy a DVD recorder, but you break the warranty by opening the product. Do you think you would be refunded if you break it? The point is, if you buy something it doesn't mean you can do whatever you please. You can use the item/product/service/whatever, as long as you adhere to a certain set of rules.
> [{quoted}](name=duckarp,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=XkRK7RYq,comment-id=00020000000200000000,timestamp=2017-02-07T12:50:04.995+0000) > > You're not buying skins, you're paying for a service. That's a huge difference. > > Also, you need another example I see... Let's say you buy a DVD with Windows on it. You accept the terms, install it on your PC and then try to reverse-engineer the code, which is in clear conflict with the rules you've just accepted. By this moment you lost your rights of using the software and if anyone found out, you would have legal issues. > > Another example - you buy yourself a gun. You start shooting people. What would happen? You've clearly violated the rules of your country, you will be fined and end up in jail. Do you seriously think anyone would refund your gun?? Yes, it's quite an extreme example, but it illustrates the idea. > > Last example - you buy a DVD recorder, but you break the warranty by opening the product. Do you think you would be refunded if you break it? > > The point is, if you buy something it doesn't mean you can do whatever you please. You can use the item/product/service/whatever, as long as you adhere to a certain set of rules. But all the examples you are using are extremely over the top and nothing comparable to calling someone something over the internet?
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=XkRK7RYq,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2017-02-07T12:44:18.682+0000) > > You aren't paying to play. You paid to get RP. Which you got. i paid for RP 3 times this weekend but i the logs that i got banned for where from a couple days before i bought RP so these logs were clearly flagged before the weekend but i was allowed to spend money? i bought several champions and didn't even get to play them yet you have the guts to sit there and tell me i got what i paid for?
GLurch (EUW)
: That's not how it works according to the Terms of Use. According to them, you are getting a ticket to use the content you 'purchase' and they can take this ticket from you any time they want to. See it as a driving license. If you break the law, the police may take it from you.
> [{quoted}](name=GLurch,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=XkRK7RYq,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2017-02-07T12:43:45.267+0000) > > That's not how it works according to the Terms of Use. According to them, you are getting a ticket to use the content you 'purchase' and they can take this ticket from you any time they want to. See it as a driving license. If you break the law, the police may take it from you. But the police don't take it away from you for swearing or shouting at another driver do they...
duckarp (EUNE)
: They are not robbing anyone. You pay for the service, you received it. Nothing else. If you wish to continue using the service, you need to follow the rules you've agreed with over and over and over... If you don't, you're booted. It's like this LITERALLY in every online service out there.. Do you think Steam will refund you if you get banned for hacks for instance?? Or some MMO will refund your subscription? I don't know where do you live, but the world doesn't work like that. Btw, accusing Riot of robbing people is quite a serious offence. I would be very careful saying things like that.
> [{quoted}](name=duckarp,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=XkRK7RYq,comment-id=000200000002,timestamp=2017-02-07T12:39:22.489+0000) > > They are not robbing anyone. You pay for the service, you received it. Nothing else. If you wish to continue using the service, you need to follow the rules you've agreed with over and over and over... If you don't, you're booted. It's like this LITERALLY in every online service out there.. Do you think Steam will refund you if you get banned for hacks for instance?? Or some MMO will refund your subscription? > > I don't know where do you live, but the world doesn't work like that. > > Btw, accusing Riot of robbing people is quite a serious offence. I would be very careful saying things like that. They do rob people though? if i go to a shop IRL and buy something i expect to receive it for as long as i want it since i gave them my money for it if i pay money and don't get what i paid for then i'm not going to be happy...?
Excandar (EUW)
: Don't be toxic; or if you do, don't do it on an account you intend to keep.
> [{quoted}](name=Excandar,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=XkRK7RYq,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2017-02-07T12:34:42.198+0000) > > Don't be toxic; or if you do, don't do it on an account you intend to keep. This is fair enough but if you look at the statistics a riot member provided on another post, having one bad day where you flame every 3 months would get you permabanned within one year...
duckarp (EUNE)
: No, they call the police and they will make you pay for the damage you have done (including the meal, if you ate it or not).
> [{quoted}](name=duckarp,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=XkRK7RYq,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2017-02-07T12:33:08.076+0000) > > No, they call the police and they will make you pay for the damage you have done (including the meal, if you ate it or not). Okay but that has nothing to do with this situation, it would be more like, i pay for a meal prior to receiving it, the restaurant don't like my attitude and decide to kick me out the restaurant without giving me my money back for the meal i paid for that makes them just as bad as me surely because they have taken my money without providing me for what i paid for?
Allosen (EUW)
: Because it is never **your** Account and all Money you spend, are count as **Donations** to Riot, so of course you wont get anything back.
> [{quoted}](name=Allosen,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=XkRK7RYq,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-02-07T12:31:22.005+0000) > > Because it is never **your** Account and all Money you spend, are count as **Donations** to Riot, so of course you wont get anything back. But i am not donating, i am paying for a service or a product and then they block me from using it?
: > Why do people continue to brush under the rug that people that have spent A LOT of money on league are being permabanned each day WITHOUT BEING REFUNDED Because no one is brushing it under anything, everybody accepted that since they accepted the ToU.
> [{quoted}](name=Jesperr101,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=XkRK7RYq,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-02-07T12:28:21.134+0000) > > Because no one is brushing it under anything, everybody accepted that since they accepted the ToU. So just because they wrote it on some ToU that means that they can just rob people?
: No restaurant refunds your meal when you got thrown out because you yelled at ppl.
> [{quoted}](name=Stahlvormund,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=XkRK7RYq,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-02-07T12:27:28.916+0000) > > No restaurant refunds your meal when you got thrown out because you yelled at ppl. no but you don't pay for the meal first do you, you eat the meal and pay at the end, if the restaurant throws you out then that's their choice and they won't make you pay.
Enjutsu (EUNE)
: Ohhhhhhh, so that's the kind of thread this is. Spending money on game doesnt give you free ticket to being toxic.
> [{quoted}](name=Enjutsu,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=XkRK7RYq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-02-07T12:25:05.136+0000) > > Ohhhhhhh, so that's the kind of thread this is. > > > Spending money on game doesnt give you free ticket to being toxic. Please can you just read what i wrote before putting your predictable reply, thanks. :D ( and no it doesn't but if they are going to ban people then they should give a full refund on all items bought since they can't be accessed anymore.)
Rioter Comments
Pántheon (EUW)
: Permanently suspended - would like to appeal
I really don't know what Riot are trying to do with all these recent bans, it's like they're forcing everyone to be nice which I have no problem with but the minute you get remotely heated/competitive they slap you with chat restrictions or even in this case a permaban, I think it's totally out of order that they are even allowed to do that considering people invest so much money. They should either hand out permanent chat bans or just bans that build up over time, I am a very competitive person and in all honesty shit happens, get over it. It just seem like riot constantly take the route of 'let's hide it in the terms and conditions so that we can take their money then also take what they paid for without having any problems'. Basically riot, you're shady as shit, stop permabanning people that flame and put some effort into a system where you are not stealing people's money blatantly and getting away with it , yes there will be nasty people in this game as there is with most places you go to and most activities you do IRL people need to stop being so butthurt and just get on with the game. I remember a few games back on the day tyler1 got permabanned I had a hecarim run down mid and go 0/36 so I called him a piece of shit, next game I have chat restrictions now the funny thing is that I checked the hecarims match history after that and for 4 games more he did the same thing, I just find it hilarious that the guy that intentionally ruins the game gets off scot free and the guy that calls the guy that intentionally loses the game a piece of shit gets punished. Far too much slacking off from Riot in this area they just employ some cretin to create a system that might work then they realise that people are always going to be like this and then they leave just wondering who will take riot lytes place and where he will rank on the wall of riots failed player behaviour systems.
Rioter Comments
Agidyne (EUW)
: Just listen to her death sounds, guys.
Jsp (EUW)
: Maybe because when you build your marksmen glass cannon, they have no bonus health or armor/magic resist. So the base damages of tanks seem high. But if a tank would attack another tank, they would only tickle each other.
Of course they will tickle each other because they are **BOTH** tanks however for other positions in the game that don't build health or as much damage resistances its extremely frustrating to build tons of damage and be killed by a champ that hasn't built any damage other than the damage they get from Iceborn Gauntlet. Its so counter productive for the game and to be put simply just mind numbingly boring.
Rioter Comments
: champion concept M.A.X The mechanised assault experimental platform
: Will I ever see an end to the chat restrictions?
They never should have added chat restrictions, all it does is make people frustrated and want to flame more. Riot messed up when they gave the community attention they should have just waited for the community to mature over time but instead like a kid with behavior problems they gave it the attention it wanted, now the community is screwed and there isn't much anyone can do about it anymore.
Eveninn (EUW)
: Food you hate.
Fuck Mushrooms man, just fuck them...
Overan (EUW)
: Bard Santa Skin
Really good idea, probably won't happen soon because Riot plan all their skins quite a while before release but maybe some day!
ZioNRazor (EUW)
: Creating Serious Ranked 5's Team - APPLY NOW
ADD MY MAIN - Atrocitus Silver 2 but i don't play ranked, but if i could i'm pretty sure i could get gold. Who i play and where- Role(s): Top - Gnar , Maokai , Shyvana , Nasus , Hecarim Jungle - Sejuani , Nautilus , Gragas , Zac Mid- Azir , Ziggs , Yasuo , Xerath Adc - Jinx , Lucian , Corki , Graves Support - Thresh , Leona , Braum , Morgana Age:17 Season you started League of legends - Season 3 -Bronze , Season 4 - Silver 1 , Season 5 - Silver 2 (not played many ranked games but a lot of teambuilder normals so i know the champion tiers very well) Why do you want to join the team?: Very competitive always want to win, love the feeling of playing in a ranked team knowing that everyone wants to win and we have to play as a team to get the win! :D ( I have also played in a lot of ranked 5 teams in the past and i think my experience can help you create the team you are looking for)
: Reported by 4 premades, banned for nothing.
If you have received a 14 day ban its usually followed by an email containing the chat that got you banned for, if you can prove your innocence i will say fair enough to you, however if not i will just assume you're another player pleading his innocence when really he did flame.
Sffc (EUW)
: Pool Party Rewards
The system does not work, its getting to a point now where its more common to find someone with at least some sort of ban rather than someone who hasn't. They're dishing them out left right and center.
: Ranked Restriction Removal
its not even for me lol but i read somewhere cant remember where, that if you switch servers then switch back it resets everything but im not sure.
Rioter Comments

d3ut3r0n0my

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion