: "Smurfing"
Basically "I tried smurfing and the other smurfs were better than me, what bs is this?!" Riot actually have a good system for separating smurfs from new players. When I first started playing I played a lot of bot games to get used to playing and more experienced players helped me out. By the time I was ready for PvP, I was playing against players of a similar skill level to me.
: Yay Rito Code!
Alright. Reinstalled LoL on another HDD and it worked. Dunno why but thanks :)
: This has been around since forever. Click ok and login again.
Pressing ok closes the client. I have so far 1. Reset my PC 2. Changed to a public DNS 3. Repaired the client 4. Reinstalled the patch 5. Reinstalled LoL Yet the problem persists! It's like Riot don't want me to play anymore! :(
Rioter Comments
Nisra (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot tmx,realm=EUW,application-id=slFBEUB8,discussion-id=10wde8H7,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2016-01-20T20:05:20.838+0000) > > We don't consider Live environments as testing platforms. That would be dangerous and unfair to our players. You mean like what you did in NA literally a week ago... ....on the live server... .......during preseason...
I believe what was meant was that the live environments are not technical testing platforms, what they did in NA and Turkey was more of a social testing ground. They wanted to garner players' reactions and how the system performed with actual people using it, dodging, dropping connections, etc, etc. Purely speculating here, but I'd imagine that one of the tweaks they made to speed up Diamond players' queue times broke dynamic queue when it went live on the larger servers and they considered the system bullet proof before they pushed it live to their biggest player bases (because trust me, they don't want to annoy over half a million people).
Sffc (EUW)
: Yes at the bottom, though it'ds not what the OP is asking. Rumble spends 20 Heat (or gains) per ability if it gets to 100 he can't cast anything If Rumble is at 80 and casts something he will get silenced. If Rumble is at 75 and casts osmething he will be at 95 and can cast again Though sometimes it's not that easy to understand in the middle of a fight, and an indicator on the abilities saying "you'll be silenced if you use this" would help a lot. At least that's what I understood
Exactly, even if the overheat bar changed color at 80-95 heat that would be great.
: already got used to new HUD
The clock is in a stupid place, other than that I quite like it
Teddy TFT (EUW)
: A list of all champ's!
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_champions
: There is a bar above your head and you can see it by looking at your machine as {{champion:68}}
Yeah, which only really tells you roughly how much heat you're on, not if using an ability would put you into red. The difference between using an ability at 80 heat and using one at 75 heat is huge.
Rioter Comments
: Ignite here we go
What makes you think ignite is just a simple fire? How do you know it's not a flame that consumes a champions very life force (hence true damage)?
: Kog'Maw Bio-Arcane Barrage bug.
> [{quoted}](name=UOL PowerOfKappa,realm=EUW,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=pvxPeKXH,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-05-19T21:59:12.940+0000) > > Hey, I was playing AP Kog'Maw and I realized the damage cap against minions and monsters didn't work when I attacked the enemy superminions, so my auto attacks were dealing 500 extra damage or so. The reproduction rate was 100% during the game, although I didn't have time to test it on other minions/monsters or on other games. Has anyone else experienced this? Did you have Nashor's Tooth? {{item:3115}}
: While that is true, you also have to accept that there are a lot of ideas that are dead ends, or at the very least a massive struggle to get to work. Again, I'll use Zac. You can't really add much to him, unlike other champs that have a lot more detail on them (armour, weapons, pets, accessories, etc.). You also can't just put him into a suit because of how his model moves and changes with his abilities. Now, I'm not saying its impossible for them to give him a suit in the future, just that the practical side of it is currently a major issue.
Warderino (EUW)
: Change a word with bronze!
{{champion:44}} "You are nothing more than Bronze, waiting to be smashed." {{champion:201}} "Bronze is here."
Melonizer (EUW)
: That's just a minimal change, you'll get used to it. I had to get used to the Veigar E delay too :P
The original Veigar E delay was retarded and actually destroyed the champion. They fixed it and now he's actually playable though.
: {{champion:17}} because
> [{quoted}](name=Wynillo,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=PHwhIIPs,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-04-23T12:52:55.019+0000) > > {{champion:17}} because And {{champion:429}} if you're melee with few gap closers, you're not going to have fun.
Maxeyas (EUNE)
: Again matchmaking is so bad in normal game without real reason
It's a normal and ranked MMR doesn't effect your normal MMR. Stupid, I know, but that's the way Riot designed it. Obviously these players either don't play many normals or intentionally tanked their normal MMR. Honestly I think Riot should make ranked MMR effect normal MMR, just not vice versa to avoid these situations.
: Sick of my Summoner Name.
Lateral (EUW)
: Because the economies in every country all revolve around the dollar... If I got a bread for 3€ one month ago and I get it for 3€ today, I get paid the same, idgaf about dollar exchange rates.
> [{quoted}](name=Lateral,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=VJ4qtos3,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2015-03-27T12:51:30.124+0000) > > Because the economies in every country all revolve around the dollar... No, but American companies' prices do.
iastreb (EUNE)
: It's not just the Levs, but most currencies in Eastern Europe. You can check them if you'd like. Then again, RP is something completely optional, and Riot could care less if they lose a bit of money here and there.
Nah, I believe you. That's a separate issue to the price of RP in Euro. Riot should be charging a different price if the exchange rates are different, it's their excuse for why they changed the RP rates recently.
Pelykaan (EUW)
: How is RP cheaper right now? You get less RP for the same money. It makes no difference what the Euro is worth compared to the Dollar, my paycheck is still the same, that doesn't fluctuate every month depending on the Dollar. So right now you I need to pay more for the same amount of RP.
Actually you're just being paid less as the euro isn't worth as much as it used to be. And when I said the RP is cheaper right now for Euro users I meant in comparison to those buying RP with Dollars.
: Censorship of certain words is just retarded. Doesnt america have any other problems? On german TV you can say whatever you want. Shit Fuck Pussy Cunt Piss Ass Retard Faggot
Isn't there a massive censor in Germany on anything to do with Hitler's Nazi party? And isn't blood blue in video games there? I agree with your point though, speech should be free, education should be the protection not censorship.
: Login Screen
I usually disable the login screen sounds.
: Will RP costs be coming down now the Euro is gaining strength against the Dollar?
New rates will make RP cheaper for Euro users until the exchange rates hit about €1=$1.145
Toazter (EUW)
: Laptop help!
If you bought it in the EU I believe there's a mandatory 12 month warranty on all electronics, so after trying Eambo's troubleshooting, go get a replacement.
iastreb (EUNE)
: Yes, but me and my family don't get paid in dollars or in euros. We get payed in Levs, which has had a constant 1 to 2 ration with the Euro. While this change may not affect you, or other EUW players, and actually benefit them, it makes the situation worse in EUNE. And I just started buying skins too! They are losing potential customers, because of a cheap model. And no amount of defending a policy of a company, who charges with internet magic money is going to change that. RP is basically worthless, and should be cheapened as a result. I though skins were overcharged before the change, but possible to get, so you can waste some money here and there. I feel completely screwed now.
So they should charge less for transactions in Levs? I'd go along with that to be honest if the cost of RP works out more expensive for Lev users. Doesn't mean the new RP costs for the Euro are bad, just that Riot should be applying the exchange rates across all currencies.
Tobykachu (EUW)
: And why prior to the rework Veigar had an insanely high win rate in solo queue... Veigar is a burst mage, like Annie, Lissandra, Ryze, Malzahar etc. Unlike those, however, Veigar now has no engage and out of those he is the one who's main damage source has a massive delay on it and therefore needs some sort of way to lock up his opponents easily. Honestly if the just made Veigar's e a point and click single target snare I think he would be just fine because he can do his job. There were so many ways to counter the old Veigar and now there are even more ways to counter the new one.
> [{quoted}](name=Tobykachu,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=mpb6qiB3,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2015-03-24T18:00:35.849+0000) > > And why prior to the rework Veigar had an insanely high win rate in solo queue... Veigar is a burst mage, like Annie, Lissandra, Ryze, Malzahar etc. Unlike those, however, Veigar now has no engage and out of those he is the one who's main damage source has a massive delay on it and therefore needs some sort of way to lock up his opponents easily. Honestly if the just made Veigar's e a point and click single target snare I think he would be just fine because he can do his job. There were so many ways to counter the old Veigar and now there are even more ways to counter the new one. Or even something like Viktor's stun, an instant aoe slow that turns into a stun unless the enemy leaves, which is hard to do.
: Lots of good points and I agree with most of them, it seems (for me at least) that it comes down to personal preferences. Like I mentioned in another reply, timing of exhaust and using it on/vs adcs with gapclosers, seems better But, I am playing in the lowest parts of the league, and it may be more rewarding to take exhaust as adc here. Need to learn using heal better, I guess.
I guess the best way of looking at it is that exhaust is better in 1v1 scenarios and heal is better in group scenarios. As ADC you should be in group scenarios 99% of the time, so heal should be useful more often.
: Well, i personaly think the problem is EUW always paid more than euw, and now our currency is worth less riot decides to change their rp prices. Atleast compensate everyone who paid for the 'overpriced' skins when the Euro was worth more than the Dollar... Rito is just trolling us right now, We always paid alot for rp, and now you suddenly decide to change the rp prices...
It actually averages out in EUW favour if you look at the exchange rates over the last few years. A lot of EUW users seem to have some strange self-entitled views no amount of facts will shift. :/
Karmoon (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Titnibbler,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=xljlBasH,comment-id=0002000000010000,timestamp=2015-03-24T16:31:36.283+0000) > > Problem is they see "pro's" do one thing, then that is THE thing to do. > > That, and the fact that I really wonder why most adcs take heal, as I mentioned in another reply, I know best when its time to exhaust (cd on skills) to save my ass/get a kill. +wrong timing of exhaust may force fights you shouldn't take. > > Heal also falls off lategame, due to adcs not having enough resistances to properly benefit from heal. Well you're preaching to the choir here. Personally I want to take TP and flash on my ADCs. Why? Because I think that'll be a lot more useful. I am rarely in a situation where heal makes or breaks a lane or a bit of play. But I find myself often wishing I could be in two places on the map at the same time. It's harsh. But I have to get good at my basic mechanics so i can have the balls to take TP, weather the flames I get, and then stomp the enemy anyway.
Heal is best on ADCs because it gives them the tools to escape when flash is down, bait enemies (adcs are often the target for enemy teams) and possibly extract their lane partner from a poor position. Exhaust requires the ADC to get a bit too close, ditto with ignite, though they both can be useful, they are better on your support. ADC should be mostly focused on farming and positioning. A support with heal is not as useful because they may already be dead securing their adc the double kill when the jungle/midlaner comes in to finish off the adc, they have a harder time baiting as the enemy team is after the adc and they usually don't have the damage to bait properly either and they don't really need the extra escape as much as they should be helping the ADC escape, so it's only useful if they are both caught. TP is alright on ADC, but if you find yourself using it a lot, it probably means your map awareness is not the greatest and you are making errors on your map positioning. The reason it is good on Top laners is because they can use it to gank bot lane or help secure dragon, which ADCs should already be near. Having said all that, play what you want. Personally I never mind seeing someone try something new and weird, even if it fails miserably 9/10 times. The problem in TeamBuilder is that Supports are in such low supply they can pretty much go to whichever team comp they want. Blind pick or draft pick are probably better for off the meta picks tbh.
Cold0 (EUW)
: Thanks for taking the time to read my blog however .. i am not talking with the people's advertising agenda , i am talking from my personal experience and take my word my past was quite loaded with lots of failure what i am doing is providing people with solutions worked for me based on years i have spent in studying psychology .. i am not claiming that you social wise you need help if you read my posts really well you would understand that i am talking based on my failures and lots and lots and LOTS of slaps and ass whooping xD call self avenging xD once again thanks for spending your time checking my blog ^^
The way you have phrased your entire structure sounds very much like the subject lines in my spam folder (apart from the odd Nigerian Prince and penis/breast enlargers). This is a very odd place to plug your blog too and really comes across as you insinuating that LoL players are people with no self confidence who can't get a girlfriend. Best of luck with your blog though.
seXo Jon (EUW)
: Bring back dodge!
No. Here's why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI1aeS5H1Vs#t=9s
: Skinned bonus
And if you unlock all the skins in the game they make you challenger on the spot. If you unlock all the ward skins, you get wards with 30 minute durations instead of 3 minutes and if you buy all the summoner icons you get a third summoner spell. Maybe if you paid Riot a few thousand you could get a win button installed too, so you can force the enemy team to surrender. /sarcasm tl;dr: I agree with everyone else, gaining an advantage for real money ruins F2P games.
Cold0 (EUW)
: I need your opinion to something i have done , not related to LoL!
"5 Things You Don’t Want To Do On Your First Date" "Subjects To Talk About With A Girl You Like" "Where To Meet New Girlfriends" "How To Overcome The Fear Of Being Rejected By A Girl" "How To Build Your Self Confidence Up" "10 Personal Development Quotes To Motivate You!" So...basically those "adverticles" you see in women's magazines and in the spam folder in your email? By all means proceed with whatever your idea might be, that's your right, but don't expect people to enjoy being told they're socially inept :/
Snowfox (EUW)
: Talon E is a teleport Kata E is a teleport Shaco Q is a teleport Fiora R makes her untargetable Yi Q makes him untargetable The stun has a huge area that you can uses to engage, disengage, block off areas of the jungle and most importantly, stop your targets so you can 1 shot them. Stop crying when your POINT AND CLICK ultimate has 500 base damage + 100% Ap + 80% OF THE ENEMY AP !!!!
> [{quoted}](name=Aqatix,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=mpb6qiB3,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-03-24T16:25:26.977+0000) > > Talon E is a teleport > Kata E is a teleport > Shaco Q is a teleport > Fiora R makes her untargetable > Yi Q makes him untargetable > > The stun has a huge area that you can uses to engage, disengage, block off areas of the jungle and most importantly, stop your targets so you can 1 shot them. Stop crying when your POINT AND CLICK ultimate has 500 base damage + 100% Ap + 80% OF THE ENEMY AP !!!! That's why Veigar was so popular in the LCS last season when he had his "OP" insta aoe stun, his "POINT AND CLICK" ultimate with 500 damage and 120% AP + 80% of the enemy AP, a "POINT AND CLICK" Q and a "POINT AND CLICK" DFG active.
Eambo (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=gaynorvader,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=fgAsNy0Z,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-03-24T16:18:48.221+0000) > > Anivia Wall, Karthus Wall, Viktor Bubble, Caitlyn traps, Nidalee Traps, Akali shroud, Teemo Shrooms, Maokai Saporlings, champs with sunfire, shyvana's burnout, do existing slows on them make them not "blink"? > > I'm sure there are more abilities I'm missing. some of these are up for debate, depending on just how fast she is. Anything with slows may make no difference simply because she's still so fast, even with the slow. Sunfire ticks per second I believe, so she might be too quick for that :-P Saplings wouldn't catch up to her (although should technically trigger - do they trigger with the likes of Shen taunt?). And traps she would outrun so they wouldn't hit :-P
But they should be triggered, just deal no damage? I think the blinks are fine the way they are and maybe just need a bit of imagination to fit them into the lore. Maybe Katarina leap to the air and dashes back down at blinding speed, thus ignoring the obstacles between her and her target. Maybe Talon switched out with a decoy just before moving to his target and so was actually already behind them when Veigar cast his E.
Eambo (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=gaynorvader,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=fgAsNy0Z,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2015-03-24T16:20:44.025+0000) > > Maybe they are running, just not in a straight line. How do you know? maybe it's like a mini Pantheon ult. That's also a fair point, maybe it's a zig-zag motion! :-P Although Veigar should still stun hehe
Maybe they run around Veigar's stun? Hell, maybe they run around the outside of the entire map! Or maybe they jump over it super fast.
: Hope Riot will read this, its about Katarina
Maybe they are running, just not in a straight line. How do you know? maybe it's like a mini Pantheon ult.
Eambo (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=DarkPacifista,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=fgAsNy0Z,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2015-03-24T15:54:08.628+0000) > > You said that ;D > I just want a lore friendly game. I mean its completly ok for mages to shift dimensions, but why assasins, who can only use daggers? Off the top of my head that's the only thing I can think of that ignores the "blink vs fast movement" rules...and I guess I'd agree in that yeah, she should be stunned as if it were a dash. I really really doubt Riot would change it for something so simple, but I do see your argument. I can't think of very many other cases where you would notice the difference though - as you can't actually see her making the movement (due to being faster than human perception), the behaviour is much the same as a blink as it stands anyway (minus the veigar thing)
Anivia Wall, Karthus Wall, Viktor Bubble, Caitlyn traps, Nidalee Traps, Akali shroud, Teemo Shrooms, Maokai Saporlings, champs with sunfire, shyvana's burnout, do existing slows on them make them not "blink"? I'm sure there are more abilities I'm missing.
Magnuss (EUW)
: Help pick my new summoner name!
: get an PS4 instead if you dont want to buy a PC only for playing league of legends .
Games do cost a fair whack more on the console though.
iastreb (EUNE)
: Before you could buy a discounted 750 skin on even a 975 skin with just 2,50 euro. You got 400 RP for that, now you get 300 for that. Think a little bit out of the box. You can't buy absolutely nothing with 300 RP, except discounted 520 skins, or really low costing champions. To get one mystery skin you would need to pay at least 5 euro. I don't know where you live, or how much money your house provides, but one is clearly more cost efficient and most importantly, it feels fair to the customer.
It was cheaper, yes. Unfortunately the Euro is not worth that much anymore. Now your €2.50 can only buy you summoner icons and really awful skins. Maybe Riot are charging too much for their skins (especially their older ones), but that's a whole other discussion. I don't think other regions even have the option of buying less than $5 worth of RP.
: imaqtpie???
Looks like a cutie pie to me.
Jąke (EUW)
: Recommend me a good computer with a price range of £200-350
The best I could find was from https://www.computerplanet.co.uk It was £364.54 with the following specs: Computer Case Black ATX Tower Case CPU Intel i3 4150 - (2 x 3.5 GHZ) - Haswell CPU Heatsink Intel Heatsink & Fan - Low Noise Memory 8 GB 1600MHz (1x8GB) - (DDR3) - Limited Time Low Price Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 - 1 GB - (ZOTAC) - (PCI-E) - (FREE £90 In-Game Credit) Motherboard Gigabyte H81M-S2H (Intel H81) Sound Card Motherboard Integrated HD Sound Networking Motherboard Integrated Ethernet Lan (Broadband Ready) Power Supply 700W PSU CPU Compound Standard CPU Compound Supplied With Heatsink Case Fans Standard Fans Included With Case Hard Drive #1 60GB Corsair Force LS SSD SATA-III, Read 560MB/s, Write 535MB/s - Silent Free Gift FREE - Stereo Headphones Foldable (Red) Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Mains Power Cable I assumed you had a monitor, keyboard, mouse, copy of Windows, cables for the monitor, didn't want a disk drive, had speakers and possibly had either a spare HDD or an external HDD. You could replace the SDD with a 1Tb HDD if you didn't have either of those last 2. The above rig should play anything on low-medium settings without too much problem. It might struggle with newer games and certainly won't be able to max them out. You could possibly lower the price to under £350 by getting a worse graphics card, but if you even save 30 quid there, you'll see your performance drop drastically as the GTX 750 is already a lower end gaming Gfx card. Best of luck with your computer building.
: Junglers, please tell the rest of your team if smite isn't up BEFORE we start an objective.
They should put it in so that it shows if your teammates' summoner spells are up or down next to their portraits.
iastreb (EUNE)
: Well, 5 Euro gets me 700 RP. That's not convenient, that's bullshit.
Nah, it works out pretty well http://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/off-topic-en/u8gMF5bQ-why-the-eu-rp-price-hike-is-not-riot-being-greedy
Tek191 (EUW)
: What if I want to start to teach my friend lol from level 1 ?
I don't think you can duo/team up with someone until level 5 (I could be wrong though) either way, it takes about 4-5 games to get to level 3.
: Can someone recommend me a f2p game to play with friends ?
Try Path of Exile (https://www.pathofexile.com/) it's kind of like Diablo.
Rioter Comments
: Malz - can be interrupted, stops him doing anything as well. WW - same as above but worse since he's in melee range as well. Sona - stuns for shorter time than veigar (max rank 1.5s to 2.5s) and its her ult, also easier to dodge due to it being in a line and it's not instant. Urgot - really risky, immobilises himself also. Can be interrupted. Doesn't synergise well with the rest of his kit necessarily. I should do this for veig also I guess now. veigar - channel time means you can dodge it. His only form of self defense.
I actually agree that the skill was a bit strong to be honest, I just think it would have been better nerfing the range or duration.
Show more

gaynorvader

Level 36 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion