: But that is exactly the thing. Darius absolutely can spam his abilities in lane. He only ever runs out of mana if he doesn't recall until lvl 6. And even then there is a high probability that he still has enough mana. As a Darius Main I have never actually considered how much mana I have and it doesn't matter in 99% of all games. It's just annoying in the 1 out of a million games where it actually happens. The point about the lore is mostly about comparing him to Garen. Garen doesn't have mana and functions basically the same way that Darius does. Garen is a guy running around in armor, Darius is a guy running around in armor. One has mana, one doesn't. In the end though, I want to make this perfectly clear, DARIUS NEVER RUNS OUT OF MANA. That is unless you spam his abilities without reason, which will make you trade worse, because of the limited range. Also that would permanently shove the wave, making it basically impossible to kill your opponent or control a wave. Spamming his abilities or his q mindlessly will hurt Darius, regardless of whether the champion has mana.
darius doesn't use his abilities on cooldown, without mana he would and that isn't healthy. heres the thing about mana champions, their indivisual abilities are stronger than those without mana. for darius to become manaless his damage would have to take a nerf and his cooldowns increased in order to compensate. it also affects his builds negatively, triforce would become a less good item and any sheen spikes he gets is reduced. the only reason you don't run out of mana is because you pace yourself with mana in mind, even the most mana hungry champions can go all game without running out of mana if you pace yourself, that doesn't mean them removing mana wouldn't affect them, because the amount they use their abilities is proportional to their mana usage. and like I said lore means nothing here, this is a balance thing not a lore thing, lore should never interfere with balance. and remember we have mages using magic who don't use mana so its not like magic actually means anything
Luciferrx (EUNE)
: The problem is that armor is heavy.Even if you play against {{champion:105}} .he gets {{item:3047}} {{item:3157}} and your dmg goes down badly. Especially that right now in the game are Always fighters.Mages can get zhonya and fighters can get hp and a lot of items with armor.Thats why adc struggle.And not only him but evryone. Only {{champion:145}} is pretty good bcs her passive ap and {{champion:67}} bcs truth dmg. Rest of adc...struggle very hard.And you forgot {{champion:202}} passive.His crit does less dmg but grant movement speed too.
except that isn't true. armour isn't that effective if you counter build it correctly. a last whisper item and a teammate with a black cleaver is all you need to shred tanks as an adc, and fighters while harder to kill still will die in a few secs. this isn't applicable to jhin but the vast majority of adcs don't struggle, remember its their job to kill tanky targets. and while jhin has got that passive it doesn't matter much, his crits still do anywhere between 1000-1800 damage (depending on the 4th shot) and you can still one shot any squishy in the game without any issue. he struggles vs tanks but can outburst an assassin if he gets the first hit.
: > no he gets 25% less crit in exchange for 40+% extra ad. its not the movement speed that hes trading its his ad amp. that way he isn't killing someone with a single shot. like I said your dealing 1000-1800 damage in a single crit, without that crit reduction hed be one shotting by mid game. #*Critical strike grant 10% (+ 0.4% per 1% bonus attack speed) bonus movement speed for 2 seconds, but deal only 50% (+ Infinity Edge item 18.75%) AD bonus physical damage.* >that's because you are using a bad build... of course you don't feel the damage with a suboptimal build. >the build you should be going is , , , / / (based on what you need), with defensive boots. this will maximise your damage output... trying to go bloodthirster first isn't very useful you get very little damage out of it. #Who said he doesn't deal damage, he deal, but compared to other adc ? he is nothing but a joke, in team fight the only way to stay alive, is to stand back and use W or R, nothing else can save u. Unlike Draven for example who just E BOOM u are away, Vayne E u are stunned, Caitlyn E u are away, tristana ultimate... etc. >his E isn't for damage, that's just if you get lucky with it. you use it for vision and the slow... stick it in chokepoints and it gives you warning and extra time to postion accordingly, plus when someone jumps on you the slow field can help a lot #*it was meant to be trap to slow and deal damage, but now days his W isnt good enough to make ppl take damage from his E, not anymore.*
> Critical strike grant 10% (+ 0.4% per 1% bonus attack speed) bonus movement speed for 2 seconds, but deal only 50% (+ Infinity Edge item 18.75%) AD bonus physical damage. but that's not why he deals less damage on crit, just because it is in the same sentence doesn't mean they are connected. he deals less crit damage because he gets a guaranteed crit and he gets stupid amounts of ad > Who said he doesn't deal damage, he deal, but compared to other adc ? he is nothing but a joke, in team fight the only way to stay alive, is to stand back and use W or R, nothing else can save u. Unlike Draven for example who just E BOOM u are away, Vayne E u are stunned, Caitlyn E u are away, tristana ultimate... etc. that's where the W and E come in, you set up the traps to slow people trying to get on you, W them, then boom you are away. this comes from experience playing jhin, as with any adc you postion differently based on your range and safety tool. though benefit of jhin is that come late game he gets a kind of immunity to assasins, he bursts them just as fast as tthey burst him so play it right and you can kill them first. > it was meant to be trap to slow and deal damage, but now days his W isnt good enough to make ppl take damage from his E, not anymore. but the damage is just an afterthought, its a lot of damage espessially if you get a death brush going but its never been something you've needed... jhin's damage output and viability has no baring on his ability to land the trap damage. the ability for it to supply the vision and slow is enough to make the ability worth it, very valuable for a low mobility adc to be able to slow down and see flanks and ganks
: > [{quoted}](name=swampert919,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=jxUw7twf,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-16T14:56:08.932+0000) > and nobody has mana issues outside of lane, its literally there for lane that's it. **Fiora Main Pops In** : Excuse me ?
fiora doesn't have mana issues outside of lane... not unless you plan on moving exclusively with the Q
Luciferrx (EUNE)
: That build is crap.Especially if enemy have bruisers or tanks.{{champion:202}} can be easily countered with hp.Armor..{{item:3047}} busted broken really op vs adc. Dont get me wrong im not sayng {{champion:202}} needs a buff or something or his really bad...im sayng adc in general struggle a lot.
that build aint crap (and its a lot better than what hes going). last whisper is an item you can add in instead of the 4th crit item if you are facing a tanky champion (forgot to add that in) but if your picking jhin into tanky champions your gonna struggle regardless of which build you go for, he aint cut out for it. but this build lets you kill squishies easily, and squeezes out the highest amount of dps out of jhin… you might still struggle vs tanks but your gonna struggle a hell of a lot less than any other build
: I can't even make out this champ, who is it?
: Jhin is too weak right now, am i wrong?
> his 4th shot weaker than Draven aa, slower than all ADC's lower damage in auto attack than other adc's no survive ability except his movement speed, which take 25% of his damage + not that much of a movement speed than before, and doesn't save him from 1 shot, because u have to shoot to get escape, "offensive escape??" his 4th shot is an execute, very powerful when done right. and its not weaker than draven auto attack, draven does about 1100 ish, jhin is frequently 1800... it really doesn't matter which one has more damage, you forget they both like to burst squishies and after a certain point the damage just becomes overkill > his W deal less damage than any other long rage W ability such as Jinx and Kai'sa, and it is not that much of useful, it root yes, but the slow down of Jinx more op, its cc and mobiity (gives the passive movement speed), and its increably strong if you know hw to use it. in lane its a great follow up for your allies and late game you can catch out enemies from much further way. its not comparable to jinx or kaisa which are damage tools not utility tools > his E deal damage that is not that big for a trap, and so hard to let someone stand on it, and when they do, u should aim ur W, and guess what, ur W root isnt so good at early to keep them on it, so even if u root them, they will get out, and which one would u like more, deal more damage with ur E or root them longer, to take few damage from ur E ? his E isn't for damage, that's just if you get lucky with it. you use it for vision and the slow... stick it in chokepoints and it gives you warning and extra time to postion accordingly, plus when someone jumps on you the slow field can help a lot > now the ulti, this champion ultimate, is Beautifully designed, weak performance, his first 3 shots, deal damage not that big, depends on ur missing health, and slow u down, his 4th shot not bad of a damage if u are lower than 50% hp, but his passive 4th shot in late stronger than his ultimate, WHY? isn't his ultimate supposed to be the upgrade of his passive ? which means should be always stronger you are forgetting its not all about damage. the big thing about it is that it lets him deal damage from a screen away which is massive and helps keep him safe, and it slows. the damage is good for trying to snipe someone but his ult has a ton of catch potential when used right > and why it deal less damage than other ultimates such as jinx ultimate for example, jinx ult does % missing health damage, so does more but only in cases where its mostly overkill. jhin ult does good damage on its own and gets amped based on missing health. also remember its 4 shots instead of just one so the damage gets spread out. but jhn can kill a squishy with just the ult later on in the game if you land all 4 shots, no other adc can do that besides miss fortune > Jhin get damage reduced by 25% , not for crit, but for only movement speed, after he crit, which is for me not logical at all, double crit more important than movement speed. no he gets 25% less crit in exchange for 40+% extra ad. its not the movement speed that hes trading its his ad amp. that way he isn't killing someone with a single shot. like I said your dealing 1000-1800 damage in a single crit, without that crit reduction hed be one shotting by mid game. > but do we feel its damage ? well i don't that's because you are using a bad build... of course you don't feel the damage with a suboptimal build. the build you should be going is {{item:3031}} , {{item:3094}} , {{item:3031}} , {{item:3508}} /{{item:3031}} /{{item:3046}} (based on what you need), {{item:3812}} with defensive boots. this will maximise your damage output... trying to go bloodthirster first isn't very useful you get very little damage out of it. hail of blades also isn't the best anymore, a bug fix in 8.22 nerfed it hard. its actually tends to be better to go electrocute or dark harvest for the burst damage. ___ so jhin is a decently strong adc and my go to... but your just not building him for damage which hampers your ability to deal it. with a proper build he one shots people faster than any other adc and can very much kill other adcs in fights without issue
: What rank is a good rank for second season of League? What Should I aim for?
I mean, realistically any rank that's higher than your last season is a good rank to aim for. its different for everyone, like lane police said he got to plat 4 in his second season, I got to silver 3 in mine. but gold 4 is a good place to be and something you can be happy with, but ultimately a rank is only good enough for you if you decide it is, so keep climbing till you cant and you can be proud of wherever you end up
: First champ
{{champion:14}} both before his rework and after it as well
Omega Bot (EUW)
: i would rather like to have like a rage bar that you stack by applying your passive to minions/players (something quite easy to stack tho, like around 3 differents attacks). And you can't ult until you manage to fill that rage bar.
isn't that how it already how it is though... hes almost never gonna ult until he has 5 stacks on a target to activate the passive steroid... so even without a fancy rage mechanic that wouldn't make any difference in game, but the removal of mana would have gameplay implications
: Darius shouldn't have mana
mana is not a lore thing, mana doesn't exist in the lore even for mages. mana is a gating tool, champions with mana are there to prevent long term spam of abilties. in the case of darius its there so he cant spam Q mindlessly in lane to harass and heal... he has to actually use it properly which in turn makes hi fairer in lane and nobody has mana issues outside of lane, its literally there for lane that's it.
: Would you say Varus needs a small Gameplay Update or a VGU in the future?
hes got nothing wrong with his kit persay… hes strong in both bot and mid and has 2 very good builds. hes also seeing a lot of pro play still especially in korea. the main issue with him is that hes immobile as hell, so in the current meta he can quite easily be caught out and killed when you aren't skilled with him which drags his win rate down
Memuru (EUW)
: You make very good points, I cant disagree with any of it. The Lethal Tempo rate is just my rough estimate based on the pick rate of the champs that primarily take it, factoring the champs that sometimes take it. I'm concerned that none of the top 7 picked adcs take it, but overall its not actually that underused. I think Fleet gets picked more with crit, but I'm not totally certain. Its worth considering how much of the pick rate is just Ezreal, who uses a almost unique Keystone. I still think that Hail of Blades isn't very interesting and is possibly the lowest value keystone atm. However I am open to this being resolved with minor changes. I forgot about Jhin, I do think it's cool on him. It seems to me like there are pros and cons to both Precision Conq and Domination Conq and I may very well be wrong in my predictions. I have one additional point: I think it may be the case that Conq has the attributes of both skill lines, and this may be part of the issue with bruisers. Conq enables its users to have more sustain damage as well as more burst damage. This makes sense, since bruisers are basically adc assassin tanks ( I hate them but they exist because they're fun to play and to watch). Either way, I'm still interested in the notion of moving it to Domination, and I would love to test it out with LoL team if given the opportunity, to really find out for sure if it could be good for the game. (Btw, red Conq symbol would look sick) (Btw2, Swampert is my fave mon, and thanks for discussing with me :D)
> The Lethal Tempo rate is just my rough estimate based on the pick rate of the champs that primarily take it, factoring the champs that sometimes take it. I'm concerned that none of the top 7 picked adcs take it, but overall its not actually that underused. I think Fleet gets picked more with crit, but I'm not totally certain. Its worth considering how much of the pick rate is just Ezreal, who uses a almost unique Keystone. yeah ez does mess this up a bit and fleet has risen in popularity recently overtaking lethal tempo but this is more a product of meta as theres more enchanters and mage supports these days, so it pays to get that safety in lane... but this still doesn't mean that lethal tempo needs buffs once the meta changes again we don't want it pushing out other options > still think that Hail of Blades isn't very interesting and is possibly the lowest value keystone atm. However I am open to this being resolved with minor changes. I forgot about Jhin, I do think it's cool on him. its about as intresting as lethal tempo, and there are some cool things you can do with it (Jayce can break the attack speed limit at level 1 with it for instance)… and its certainly not the least intresting or lowest value rune tbh (least intresting goes to aftershock, lowest value outside of pro play and very high elo tends to be unsealed spellbook). > I think it may be the case that Conq has the attributes of both skill lines, it increases burst a bit (though not nearly as much as a domination rune), but its main strength is its capacity to enable long drawn out fights (better than most other runes)… so while the argument could be made of it straddling the line its definetly precision (hell press the attack is closer to domination than hail of blades... its got a lot of burst behind it) ___ thanks for the discussion as well, not every day you get a good and friendly discussion on here
Antenora (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=swampert919,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=BzuvaPqd,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-06-16T07:34:54.493+0000) > > vayne took a pretty big indirect nerf when they nerfed guinsoos rageblade, just cause she hasn't been directly nerfed doesn't mean she hasn't been hit She was directly nerfed in the same patch rageblade got hit. The nerf weakened her level 6 and 11 power spikes significantly. V9.10 Final Hour Tumble cooldown reduction reduced to 30 / 40 / 50% from 50% at all ranks.
also true though I feel like the rageblade nerf was the bigger of the two (both pretty big nerfs though) her popularity and strength dropped big time after the change
Memuru (EUW)
: Thanks for replying and discussing all of my points, I really appreciate it! Although I'm afraid I still disagree with what you've said and stand by my statements :D however they do remain merely my humble opinions, and I equally respect yours. Statistically only around 20% of games in solo queue include an adc using Lethal Tempo, which is worryingly low for what should be the best keystone for a late game dps. The ones that depend on it (Ashe and Kog) are severely underplayed. Maybe just QoL improvements rather than a buff. Sorry but literally two champions take Hail of Blades (Xin and Rek), and it is very easily replaceable on both of them in my opinion. Both are good with Conqueror but they like the other Domination runes (solved by my next suggestion), and many Xin players prefer Phase Rush (as do I personally). About Conq in Precision vs Domination, I'll repeat what I said to the last kind replier: Conqueror was designed to be about extended fights, but it's really about getting an advantage through aggression and commitment. I personally think the name Conqueror describes it brilliantly, and Conquering and Dominating are ofc almost synonymous. I agree that tenacity is strong, but I still don't think mages really ever want it, compared to a third Domination rune that is much higher value for them, imo. I disagree about bruisers, I think Alacrity and Coup de Grace are super high value for most bruisers, with Triumph, Tenacity, Bloodline and Last stand all being great options too! Even currently, bruisers will sometimes go Domination secondary, and I find that much more fun, and more balanced towards how they should feel to play. Many people may still choose resolve second, but they would be sacrificing precision in doing so, so it's still an excellent balancing nerf imo. Primary Domination runes may indeed be stronger for Conqueror users than Precision is, but I really believe that the Domination runes align more with the Conqueror style of play, but that is because I think Conqueror itself is more Domination aligning. I realise it may be the case that Conqueror has almost equal attributes of Precision and Domination, making this a little complicated, but I think putting it in Domination would be healthier for the reasons I explained. Your points do make sense though, and I could imagine many people taking your view. Perhaps most people even, because it would be a very surprising change that could prove very contentious. I'd love to see it though, would be really interesting and I genuinely think it would improve the game a lot!
> Statistically only around 20% of games in solo queue include an adc using Lethal Tempo, which is worryingly low for what should be the best keystone for a late game dps. The ones that depend on it (Ashe and Kog) are severely underplayed. Maybe just QoL improvements rather than a buff. but even then that's 20% of games with only one keystone, that's a very large % espessaly as that's including both crit and non crit adcs. if you just look at crit adcs its by far the most poplar rune. > sorry but literally two champions take Hail of Blades (Xin and Rek), and it is very easily replaceable on both of them in my opinion. Both are good with Conqueror but they like the other Domination runes (solved by my next suggestion), and many Xin players prefer Phase Rush (as do I personally). actually you would be surpised. firstly a surprising amount of champions take hail of blades {{champion:268}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:202}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:429}} {{champion:17}} {{champion:5}} {{champion:421}} have all be known to take the rune, with xin and rek only entering the meta with the rune (phase rush xin took a nerf a while back with the changes to celerity which knocked it out of the meta, and conqueror rek stacks too slowly for what reksai wants early game she wants burst not dps)… its certainly not the rarest rune nor is it the least useful > About Conq in Precision vs Domination, I'll repeat what I said to the last kind replier: Conqueror was designed to be about extended fights, but it's really about getting an advantage through aggression and commitment. I personally think the name Conqueror describes it brilliantly, and Conquering and Dominating are ofc almost synonymous. its not about the name its about what it does. each tree has a certain aspect which it governs runes all have to fit into that architype. domination is about burst and target selection, its about getting on top of a champion and killing them in the shortest time possible, were as precision is all about long fights and keeping you in the fight dealing damage continuously. conquerer needs time to stack up its actually not very good on champions who just burst a target and walk away like most assasins (kat and akali are exceptions as they tend to stay in fights for the long haul). so its a poor domination rune but a perfect precision rune. > I agree that tenacity is strong, but I still don't think mages really ever want it, compared to a third Domination rune that is much higher value for them, imo. but they get triumph, conqueror, and coup de grace which is good on them. you also have to remember this is exclusively melee mages not ranged mages, so they have to dive into the back line. at which point 30% tenacity is invaluable and synergies with conquerer better than any domination rune. > disagree about bruisers, I think Alacrity and Coup de Grace are super high value for most bruisers, with Triumph, Tenacity, Bloodline and Last stand all being great options too! Even currently, bruisers will sometimes go Domination secondary, and I find that much more fun, and more balanced towards how they should feel to play. Many people may still choose resolve second, but they would be sacrificing precision in doing so, so it's still an excellent balancing nerf imo. Primary Domination runes may indeed be stronger for Conqueror users than Precision is, but I really believe that the Domination runes align more with the Conqueror style of play, but that is because I think Conqueror itself is more Domination aligning. I realise it may be the case that Conqueror has almost equal attributes of Precision and Domination, making this a little complicated, but I think putting it in Domination would be healthier for the reasons I explained. except that isn't how things would go. while those precision runes are nice they don't stand up to resolve runes... bruisers have to have survivability in order to do their job, without it they tend to die. more so resolve synergies with conqueror better than the other options, bone plating keeps you alive in fights and gives you protection in trades for you to stack conqueror up, while rejuvenation synergies with conquerors sustain as well as any built in sustain. ] bone plating and rejuvenation are perfect runes for bruisers, while in the precision tree its only the tenacity rune that they really care much about... triumph is nice but relies on getting the kill not helping getting them, and bruisers don't actually need the damae the third row gives, they've got enough as is. so ultimately the meta would just swap to domination and resolve. and because that's even more damage and survivability from that combonation than precision and resolve that causes bruisers to become even worse than they are now and would frankly further kill tanks. so conquerer is better In precision in both a logical and balance point of view
Infernape (EUW)
: Riot isn't ever going to balance current Akali unless they seriously dumpster her kit and start over. She is far from successful overall in my eyes. While she's less stat checky, I'm pretty sure she has been nerfed more times since her rework, than she ever was prior to it. She's infinitely more problematic now than she ever was prior to her rework.
I disagree with that, I think they are close to getting her where she needs to be. shes been dropped from pro play right now and assuming a new build doesn't arise I doubt she will come back as strong as before... after that she just needs buffs oriented to solo Q to readd some power, if they do that right she should be good. the issues isn't so much in her kit anymore, its her items and runes... every time riot nerf her she gets a new build to bypass the nerf. so I doubt she needs to be changed greatly to stop this. and while shes been nerfed more she is still healthier... greater counter play than before. riot kept her out of the meta on purpose and never really let her be strong before her rework, so while they wherent actively changing her that doesn't mean she wasn't more problematic, riot just got luckier with her back then
iaapvper (EUW)
: When will RIOT ZEPHYR be fired?
what did riot zephyr do?
: I think Riot should slow down. (Opinion post)
> Yuumi is currently beyond broken. well when she got released everyone complained she was weak, she got buffed, then it turned out she was fine... happens a lot with new champions people aren't willing to wait till they've settled before calling them too weak/strong > Mordekaiser is completely ridiculous. see above... we need to wait a bit more. plus hes already been nerfed > Akali rework was a complete failure. it was a complete success... the goals of the rework was to add more outplay potential on either side, make her less stat checky, and make her healthier... despite the balance issues all goals where reached making the rework successful, riot just need to tune her better > Tahm Kench is rampaging the top lane. tahm is a complicated issue, hes gotta be nerfed top without hurting his support identity which is already at deaths door and needs buffs... one wrong move here and tahm dies. so riot are right to take their time on this > pyke is played everywhere BUT support. hes played support as well tbh… but riot have changes coming on the pbe to kick him out of the solo lane (aka removing his ability to damage minions with his E and making his tap Q single target) > Bruisers are being better tanks than tank champions. pretty much... but it doesn't help that changes to tank items buffs bruisers as well, and everyone keeps blaming tanks for what bruisers are doing. but riot do need to fix this soon > Riven and Vayne STILL haven't been actually nerfed for the past several patches despite being really dominant in their respective roles. vayne took a pretty big indirect nerf when they nerfed guinsoos rageblade, just cause she hasn't been directly nerfed doesn't mean she hasn't been hit > Nobody even likes the new Champion (Qiyana) because of her character design. again I think that's the idea. its like what stan lee did with iron man, the entire point of that character was to create a hero that was unlikable and see if people would like him. same here, its a champion who is genially unlikable, people will still play her so its not that big of a deal but I think if we don't like her that means riot was successful ___ weird thing about your post, you've asked riot to slow down then asked riot to hurry up with other stuff. remember that champion releases is done by a different team to balance so they don't interfere with each other. plus the speed at the moment is prob just a fluke, multible champions finishing at once means that they get released one after the other, the result of this will be a period of time where theres less champions as teams all start their next one at the same time
: The reason Riot is dropping so much new sh.t with flashy ults and flashy mechanics is because LEC became super boring to watch and has a constant decrease in watch numbers therefor Riot is trying to release new flashy stuff nobody asked for to get people back to watching LEC which is the complete wrong move that they are doing.
how the hell is the LEC boring to watch... LCK maybe, but the LEC has a bunch of hyper aggressive players and weird pocket picks... riot most definely aren't trying to make the LEC more intresting with teams like G2 and fnatic there
: Tank meta came back, in a fully burst meta because of aftershock rune and conditioning buffs!!
I mean its not that tanks are strong cause they aint, your team was just really bad at dealing with them. jhin struggles really badly with anything he cant kill in a single reload... hes infact the worst adc to take against a team with 2 tanks. your mid was an assassin therefore aint doing much (not to mention afk), your jungle was an assassin and therefore cant do anything vs them (also fed) only darius had any chance of killing any of them (hence why he has 8 kills) but even then he went triforce which is what you do vs a squishy team, vs that many tanks black cleaver would have been invaluable. so it had nothing to do with their team comp, yours just got hard countered... that's the issue with having 3 burst champions in a team vs champions who have built to not get bursted
Memuru (EUW)
: Buff Lethal Tempo --> Remove Hail of Blades ---> Move Conqueror to Domination tree
> Lethal Tempo is cool, and needs some buffs to help out lategame hypercarry adcs like Tristana, Kogmaw, Jinx and Caitlyn. its already the strongest rune for most adcs, no point in buffing it > Hail of blades is weird, it's like Lethal Tempo but more situational. Unnecessary and boring keystone. except a decent amount of champions use it and some rely on it. its the early game version of lethal tempo and gives a very good boost in power when used properly. > Just the name 'Conqueror' more evokes the thematic of Domination. Healing, true damage and damage buffs all align more with the other runes in the Domination treeline, imo. Will solve the issue of Conqueror/Resolve being too good, as bruiser champs will most likely take Precision secondary, crucially denying them access to Bone Plating. Mages that synergise with Conqueror such as Katarina will love this change, as they don't really like taking Precision primary since they get nothing from the second row runes. conqueror is all about long drawn out fights rather than burst, the longer a fight goes the better conqueror is. precision is all about drawn out fights and increasing damage output over a longer period of time. where as domination is all about burst and target selection. so gameplay wise its a very poor fit for domination, precision is the perfect place for it plus close range mages like the tenacity rune, its not the best rune for them but you cant really say no to 30% free tenacity. also bruisers would go resolve second regardless, they don't really care much for the precision lesser runes they only go into that tree for conqueror they would go into resolve still for bone plating and rejuvenation... you've also forgotten that precision only has one row that gives bruisers damage, where as domination has 2... so you've increased damage output for bruisers without affecting their durability (actually you've buffed both damage and durability as you've given acess to ravenous hunter as well as rejuvenation and conqueror)
Salron88 (EUW)
: again from all the ults excisting mordekaiser is the only one who can isolate you from your team and the only way out is to use an item. no other champ has that including skarner who if gets too close in order to pull me out might get destroyed by my team if he connects and wants to get out . him he just comes and as soon as he presses the button he dissapears along with me. when you say there is no reason to have an item i can give you about 2-3 items that i need before i get a qss if im an adc or support. its definitly not part of the core build of any adc. its a 3-4th item. his ult is unique and burns the whole ranged to melee thing where ranged advatage is keeping distance while poking and melee is trying to reach to kill. as for the 5 man corner you def can do that when illaoi steps too much forward or heimer is in a bad position. in heimer case you send the tank to get the dmg while you assasins or adc kill him. in illaoi you simply kill by chain cc and doing the dmg fast.
but its a double edged sword. yeah it isolates the target but it also isolates morde… it goes under the assumption that morde can win in a 1v1 against the target in 7 seconds. if hes behind he is dead, not much point ulting a fed adc whos gonna kill you is there in fact that helps them, remember the number one rule of teamfighting as an adc, you target the closest threat to prevent overstepping... you where gonna be targeting the morde regardless, at least this way you wont get blindsided by his dive buddy. plus if your team is stronger than his team in a 4v4 hes gonna loose that fight. as for when to buy it remember that situational items can interrupt a core build. think about grevious wounds... you buy that on your first back if you are facing a champion who needs it in lane, and outside of lane you can buy it before your second item. buying items to mess up an enemy champion is as important as items to enable yourself. so against morde you buy it when nessesary. prob anywhere between after getting your first item and after you finish the second item depending on how often you are encountering morde… but if hes top lane you can potentally get core items first if he focuses on split pushing > in heimer case you send the tank to get the dmg while you assasins or adc kill him. don't forget hiemer can direct the turrets to attack who he wants. its not like a tower where they attack whoever drew aggro first they will attack hiemer's target... a simple E while the adc is in range of all 4 turrets will likely result in a kill so its not as clear cut also remember this is talking about ganks more than late game dog piles, early game even tanks cant survive hiemer turrets for that long so hes still increably dangerous to gank. > . in illaoi you simply kill by chain cc and doing the dmg fast. I mean same with morde if you do it right, his survivability requires him to activate w and he cant ult through a cc chain. also remember that illoi can get two quick tentacle strikes in as the ult activates using her E and W... that can severly chunk a squishy. so even if you 5 man jump her your still in danger, therefore a jungler still has to be increadbly careful ganking her
Colyeses (EUW)
: Malz begs to differ, because he can easily get interrupted. That's the big difference between Warwick/Skarner/Malz and Mordekaiser: The first three have very serious counterplay outside of QSS, which Mordekaiser doesn't. Urgot is slightly different, but he needs to whittle the target down without his ult before it can work, and then he still needs to land the skillshot. > Except that’s exacly what happens with skarner... it’s known as the skarner tax, his presence forces you to buy QSS to counter him which gives a slight gold advantage. Considering the single item completely negates their ults without any counterplay on their end setting you back a bit is s good trade off... no counter play is free. But Skarner has way more counterplay as well. Movement restrictions hit him harder than Mordekaiser since he has longer reach. Skarner needs to dive deeper, and the deeper he goes, the less value his ult has. Simply walking backwards is harsh (And free!) counterplay to Skarner's ult, and that's assuming he doesn't get hit with any control, which can be applied both before and after the ultimate fires. Morde can only be stopped beforehand. Morde's new ult is really not comparable to these abilities.
But that doesn’t matter. In high elo games you buy a QSS against skarner, it doesn’t matter if you can stop him cause frankly a predator righteous glory skarner with flash is most likely getting on top of you and is gonna ult you... even if you cc him afterwards cause at that point you’ve got your adc cc’d and if there’s next to any follow up they will kill them. That’s why you build QSS vs skarner or malz, doesn’t matter if there’s other counter play you take the guaranteed out and buy a QSS rather than hoping that your team might be able to stop him... only takes one fight where they don’t to loose a game. Same here morde forces a QSS buy, it doesn’t matter about the counter play to his ult you buy the QSS regardless to guarantee that your priority targets don’t get ulted... even if he switches to champions without a QSS you’ve got it on the main ones so he’s forced to ult suboptimal champions. Different method, same effect
Colyeses (EUW)
: Were the other two supposed to be Malzahar and Warwick? Because the first takes enormous risks in using his ultimate and the second has to land a skillshot. On top of taking enormous risks. On top of having way more counterplay than just a QSS. And it's easy to say that only the highest gold person needs to sink 1300, but that's the problem, sinking that 1300 might push someone else to the spotlight who then also has to sink 1300. All of this from Mordekaiser's mere presence in the game. He can simply pick and choose which target dies in a teamfight if they don't have QSS. Hell, he can even point-click-kill a tank's influence in the fight. Also, no target is that low value for Mordekaiser, since he keeps the stolen stats if he gets the kill, making him an even bigger threat when he gets back to the now 5v4.
Skarner and malz are the two that always force a QSS buy, the two that prob should are Warwick and urgot (little known fact when his ult is pulling you in you can QSS it to get free... if urgot is an issue it’s something you can definitely think about). > And it's easy to say that only the highest gold person needs to sink 1300, but that's the problem, sinking that 1300 might push someone else to the spotlight who then also has to sink 1300. All of this from Mordekaiser's mere presence in the game. He can simply pick and choose which target dies in a teamfight if they don't have QSS. Hell, he can even point-click-kill a tank's influence in the fight. Except that’s exacly what happens with skarner... it’s known as the skarner tax, his presence forces you to buy QSS to counter him which gives a slight gold advantage. Considering the single item completely negates their ults without any counterplay on their end setting you back a bit is s good trade off... no counter play is free. > Also, no target is that low value for Mordekaiser, since he keeps the stolen stats if he gets the kill, making him an even bigger threat when he gets back to the now 5v4. Except it is. Think about it supports have low stats and buy items for actives not stats... so your getting a much lower stat steal from the support. Not to mention the gold difference. Think about it, you ult a support, you’ve got 8k gold while they’ve only got about 4K (not unrealistic)... they use their kits to self peel going a full 5 seconds. That’s 5 seconds where the support has essentially taken 4K worth of gold out of the fight... if your team had a 4K gold advantage then suddenly youve lost the advantage because you ulted the wrong target. Ulting a carry is almost always better unless you have to deny a powerful ability, which is difficult to pull off. That way your not only getting a bigger gold advantage for your team but also taking more stats giving an even bigger gold advantage after the 1v1. Adcs are also the easiest champions for him to kill given their reliance on teammates keeping them safe. A morde who keeps ulting supports will probably loose the game for his team.
: What Unreal moments/mircales have happened to you?
Recently had a Quinn survive my full burst at 20 health, then I as lux survived her full burst on 20 health and was blinded, and we both misclicked and walked at each other instead of auto attacking... she was the one that got the kill but it was a close miracle on both sides
Colyeses (EUW)
: It's not 1300 gold, it's 6500 because -everyone- on your team needs one. 20% swing in stats in a SEVEN SECOND hard CC that's not even a skillshot or anything, means that everyone on your team needs one in order to avoid him getting a point-click-kill off. I get what the team was going for, thematically, but the concept of the ultimate is downright demented. It's garbage design.
Except the whole team doesn’t need one. Just the ones that matter. He’s unlikely to ult a support, that’s a massive waste of his ult most of the time and while he might be able to kill them they can stall for a lot of time and your team gets to fight a 4v4 having traded top for support. You forget that while he hard ccs the enemy he also effectively does so to himself as well... he’s forced to ult someone who is equal or higher value to him otherwise unless he instantly kills them it hurts his team more than the enemy team... and if he instantly killed them that’s still a waste of a powerful tool. You only need QSS on whoever is ahead... if your top laner is behind no point him getting a QSS him getting ulted benefits you, so long as the one with the gold doesn’t get taken out of the fight. Like I said there’s at least 2 other champions who instantly force everyone important to buy a QSS and it’s kept them balanced for years, and at least 2 others who people prob should buy QSS to counter their ults but it’s rare to see it happen... so it’s not garbage design when it’s been proven to work for years now.
Hi lm Zoe (EUNE)
: Why dont we have blind pick in PBE
Remember that each queue costs resources to run, the pbe being a non profit test realm doesn’t have blind pick cause that way it’s cheaper to run meaning riot don’t have to waste resources on a low population server that ain’t bringing money in
: In that case shouldn't camille ult be qssable? I'm not sure if you can qss camille R but it is basically morde r on a smaller scale.
Camille ult works a bit differently... the cc only happens when you try to leave where you are displaced back inside, while the tests apparently haven’t been properly done for some strange reason it has been tested with vi ult, she will dash like normal but upon reaching the target be dragged back in when the cc immunity ends. Again it’s weird how little people have tested this with things like Olaf ult but you can’t QSS it because it’s not an active cc effect, being in the cage isn’t considered cc only leaving it... whereas morde is constant cc.
: > [{quoted}](name=Zanador,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=rWsAZdXP,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-06-14T08:04:49.853+0000) > > But as i said in my post, it does restrict the possible targets you can choose from. While in the arena, you can't smite a dragon, you can't kill a support, etc. Even past that, you can't properly see the positions of other players if i'm not mistaken and you can't run out of the arena, even if it's not as small as Jarvan's or Camille's. > > Similarly Nocturne's ultimate doesn't restrict what actions you can take, but it severely limits the information you have and the possible targets you can choose from. Exactly so why cant i qss nocturne ulti?
Nearsightedness doesnt get QSS’d (don’t ask why it’s just something that’s a thing), so noc can’t be QSS’d... it’s more a problem with noc than something to do with morde
: but wait it can be dodged by {{champion:41}} 's W
Yep anything that can remove a suppression can remove morde ult... so gangplank, alistar, Olaf and rengar can all do it.
: Well, then his ingame tooltip is not updated yet.
The change happened only a few days before he went live, so it was never gonna be seemless
SANEakaIN (EUW)
: A question about ARAM tanking.
If you wanna win tanks are the best... generally the team with the most tanks on there wins cause tanks are great in teamfighting. But ultimately it’s for fun so you can play whatever you like even if it’s a bad comp, so long as you are willing to face the consequences
: hm...you are right. plus akali doesn't use mana for her shroud, qiyana has to use 2 abilities
Well her mana costs are very low so they aren’t much of a factor tbh... she won’t have mana issues. But yeah like we’ve both said all we can do for now is wait and see what happens
Niarye (EUW)
: RIOT! NEW SHACO AFTER THIS MORDEKAISER THEN
Shaco is on the list of champions riot wants to rework but after morde it’s pantheon, then potentially fiddle and voli, maybe another champion in between we don’t really know. But just cause one champion needs a rework doesn’t mean another champion shouldn’t get theirs, especially as morde needed it more. Also your ideas aren’t good. They don’t solve any of the issues with shaco... if he gets a rework it’s gonna be a full VGU aka ditching most of the kit and making a new one
Wen294 (EUW)
: No. Fiddle and Voli coming first.
Actually fiddle and voli are guaranteed for 2020, the next rework is pantheon
Niarye (EUW)
: Lol, 2 bots pressed dislike so Riot can't see it and make the champion better.
Riot ain’t gonna see it anyway, the rioters here aren’t in charge of balancing the game
PhoPhoW (EUW)
: List of hypercarries
Wait you want every hyper carry or just mid lane ones... oh well will list them all take your pick EDIT: oh you did say... oh well I wanted to find this list anyway... you can figure out the mid laners from the list just remove the adcs (or play them mid if you are feeling brave) {{champion:34}} {{champion:268}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:69}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:24}} {{champion:222}} {{champion:145}} {{champion:30}} {{champion:38}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:96}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:15}} {{champion:18}} {{champion:29}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:45}} {{champion:112}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:157}} They are the ones I can think of, an argument could be made for a few more champions though
: I think the whole AoE is fine, a lot of champions have great aoe clear (karthus, amumu, mundo, sylas). His ult is the problem. He is the perfect example of no risk high reward. Every single duelist or assassin has a trade off: they can get in, but they can't get out. They punish bad positioning, but if they go for a pick in a team fight, they might end up dying. Fiora, Nocturne, Rengar, Kha'zix and Evelyn are good examples or champions that you need to approach team fights carefully, and wisely. Not MK. He doesn't give a f*. He just comes, grabs an easy free kill, and return to the team fight with numbers advantage and more stats. It's unfair. How is a 1x1 versus a Janna who is behind 2 team mates fair? What counter play would you have for that? Waste 1300gp in a QSS and be stuck with a low value item, with a sub-optimal build? I agree if his AoE was weaker, there would be more chances that he is not super fed and with his wave pushed all the time, so his ult would be weaker indirectly, but for me, the lack of condition to ult is completely broken. Imagine if nocturne's ult sent him back to his starting point after he kills the target? Broken champion. Imagine if Fiora was immune to damage from everybody else while her ult was on a target? Broken champion. Make his ult conditional to 3 hits on a champion, or a mark like kindred so the poor support can at least know that he is coming for him, or if he could ult a predetermined champion, or the enemy team's MVP - kinda like the villain mechanic with Garen's ult. Till then, permaban.
{{item:3140}} ... that’s all you need, 1300 gold and you become immune to morde ult. It’s about as high risk as most other suppressions like urgot, against targets that don’t buy QSS or don’t realise it works it lacks counterplay... as soon as you realise you can force him to only have 3 abilities with 1300 gold it’s very good.
: No, I legit mean it dude. His Passive is **Uninteded** broken. It is extremely bugged atm... So bugged that people are abusing the bugs.
It’s not unintentional... his passive originally didn’t work on monsters but the number one feedback in the pbe was people asking for it to work on jungle monsters so that he could jungle, which riot changed so that he could. So it’s not abusing a bug, it’s something the pbe community asked for (mainly for clickbait videos but still)
: i agree, still, if akali tought us anything is that you can never be too careful with stealthy champions. another thing that could fix her would be increase her CDs a bit, not much, but just a bit. but as you said, it's better to wait
True but akali got her stealth for free (more than free it gave her resources) whereas quiana does have to choose between damage, stealth, or cc... something other stealth champions don’t have to do. So it will be intresting to see if a trade off like this makes a difference to the balance of a stealth champion
ScorpioGG (EUNE)
: if she wold have another shot she wold had made 400 dmg on me ... cos she had silver ready and her q.. so i dont quite know why i didnt do to her on my criticals only 201 damage if i had 154 AD.... and in somme cases i did 65 damage without a critical....that is my main concern.. The other is that she is still hipercarry like me
Yeah if she had another shot she’d have killed you... but you dealt more damage in the given time than she did thus you killed her. Remember she’s more durable than you (close range adc vs long range adc), she’s got life steal, she’s on hit not crit so spikes earlier, and per auto will be doing more because she attacks slower than you. By all rights she should have killed you, remember duelest adc she’s in her element you need a 5v5 to be in yours... but you out damaged her so your argument is invalid ___ Also can you stop writing multible comments, just stick everything in one, remember you can edit a comment if you thought of something else... it’s gotten to the point where the boards isn’t happy with me commenting so often.
ScorpioGG (EUNE)
: why is ashe from this season 1v1 me every single time if she is te same swuish like me???? last year i vas able to maintain lane with her and a lux..... now even lux when she reaches lvl 6 she s ulty takes more than half life from me if i ulty her i barly take 1/4 life from her... and i also have AD items and she has boots and the suport item that doesnt give her damage!!!!
Yeah because that’s lux news flash she’s always been able to do that. Have you considered that it’s not the champions that have changed, you’ve just started going against players who are actually half decent at this game. And again you are a crit adc you don’t turn on until 2-3rd item... lux is a support mage she turns on at level 6... gotta play around spikes better
ScorpioGG (EUNE)
: just told you that there are exactly other HYPERCARRY there that are not so squish early ike jinx and have the same late game as jinx...
Except they don’t have the same late game as jinx. Jinx is one of if not the best teamfighting adc in the game, minus maybe twitch and sivir. Her rockets allow her impressive AoE damage that others don’t get, and once she gets excited she demolishs people. So yeah vayne might out damage you in a 1v1 but you out damage her in a 5v5. As for the two that can match you twitch is squishier and has fewer defensive tools, sivir is nearly half your range.
ScorpioGG (EUNE)
: yes im gettink to manni deaths cos of her squish .... i need to farm dont i??? what shall i do if im so squish early??? sit under the turet??? and do nothing.... most of times that the only thing i can do annyway!!! thats the whole f reason im complayining here cos im forced either to sit and do nothing and farm leftovers under the turet cos avery singe adc outmaches me in damage 2 to 1 ....not to mention the supports too that deal more damage than me without them having anny damage items on them.... i mean cmon wtf is this shit balance man???? how the hell did riot think of maintainoiing lane this way for Jinx??? i tell you that they didnt!!!
If your dying that much because you aren’t good enough to position well with her don’t play her simple as that. Yes she has a weak early game you’ve gotta learn how to compensate for that Yes she’s prob gonna be under tower so learn how to farm under tower. Again this is all because your not good enough on her to make her work, DoT her her (or ditch adc in general) and you will probably start climbing again.
ScorpioGG (EUNE)
: i was iron
Iron didn’t exist last year. And yeah this is very obvious from how you are talking.
: true but i stand with what Néthéris suggested, do something like talon's E and either put a CD ON the part you just used or just make it so you can't pick the same element twice in a row. it's still a powerful kit but prevents you from spamming wall for massive damage or brush for easy escapes. heck, imagine her spamming river near baron or drake to "perma root" the enemy (don't know how much the root lasts but i'm sure it's less than the CD even with full CDR) you won't be able to sto the entire team but with a bit of practice you can stop the essential ones.
I recon that’s a good idea but one that should be done post launch... we know there are potential abuse cases but we’ve got no idea how powerful or common they actually are gonna be because we’ve only got pbe to go on. Restricting her ability to pick elements has major damage implications especially with the rock element, and could outright prevent her from laning... so it is worth seeing where she lands before doing something like that
: > [{quoted}](name=swampert919,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=rWsAZdXP,comment-id=000100000002,timestamp=2019-06-14T08:13:56.714+0000) > > Except it does. Contradiction right here..... You cant attack except you can attack morde. Why are you contradicting yourself? > You are also restricted from attacking anyone but morde, Camille ult let’s you hit anyone who is still in range. This means it functions similarly to a taunt, restricting your options to attack. > > So it limits mobility and limits target selection... thus cc
Not a contradiction if you read what I’m saying I never said that you can’t attack, I said that your ability to choose your own target has been taken away. This places it along the same lines as a taunt or blind where your ability to target who you want is removed. Thus is a cc like them
: no no the silvers opinion on a champion balance state while getting man handled in PBE by someone 4 tiers above him on live is an accurate representation that the champion is obviously busted and riot has no idea what they are doing When i saw the healing buffs to mundo i was like but healing reduction still sucks tho botrk still exists tho every tank still has % dmg tho i think his winrate literally didn't budge due to the buffs on live too
> When i saw the healing buffs to mundo i was like > but healing reduction still sucks tho > botrk still exists tho > every tank still has % dmg tho > i think his winrate literally didn't budge due to the buffs on live too His win rate went up quite a bit and he was considered one of the strongest top laners for a few patches until riot nerfed him. > no no the silvers opinion on a champion balance state while getting man handled in PBE by someone 4 tiers above him on live is an accurate representation that the champion is obviously busted and riot has no idea what they are doing Riot have a better idea of what they are doing than we do... like I said last time riot listen to us about pbe balance was the juggernauts, riot learnt their lesson well
: oh i'm aware of that, i didn't even watch the whole thing as i'm pretty sure he was able to just farm both jungles due to enemy inexperience. What i'm talking about here is the fact that the CDs are too short and having 45% cdr isn't that hard, you can just build: {{item:3147}} {{item:3071}} {{item:3142}} (plus, of course, cosmic insight) and there you have it, one insta kill for the squishies and it's not even that expensive to buy. And again, i understand that nobody will just stand there and take it but with those items she doesn't need to drag it too much, she just goes invisible, dashes on the enemy, goes invisible again, dashes again..do that a couple of times and the target is down
True but there’s a few things you gotta remember about this champion (I’m not gonna attempt to spell her name I’ve given up with that already lol) Firstly a lot of damage is coming from holding onto elements for the W passive as well as the rock Q... so while spamming grass Q is gonna keep you hidden it’s also gonna severely limit your damage output Secondly this does rely on there being a bush nearby... which isn’t always possible so not the best thing to rely on So ultimatly while you can do this your not gonna to unless you are planning to stall... if you where trying to do this to actually kill you might as well pick akali or kha and do the same thing with more damage. The grass Q is gonna be used after the kill to escape or to sneak up on an enemy, realistically you ain’t killing someone with it unless you are fed like in this video.
: Intentionally creating imbalanced champions?
No it’s not. Balance is increadibly difficult to do outside of the live servers... this on the pbe look both busted and useless depending on who is playing them, and in house the sample size is too small. A good example of this was the juggernauts... on the pbe they looked quite weak, even dead at times... so riot buffed all of them... then they hit the live servers and surprise surprise they wherent weak at all and where now way over buffed. To show how bad this can be mundo when his ult was buffed to heal for 100% of his max health actually had a lower win rate on the pbe than before the change, if pbe data was to be believed that change nerfed him despite being straight buffs. So riot can’t release perfectly balanced champions because balancing champions pre release is like throwing a dart at a board blind folded... you’ve got no idea where it’s gonna land you’ve just gotta throw and hope for the best
Show more

swampert919

Level 144 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion