FixxeS (EUW)
: I hate when this happens in ranked, I have lost so many games due to someone being afk at some point in the game... rito could also make something like a mandatory FPS check every day and a mandatory MS check ping to the server before each game when the player clicks "find match", just that would reduce drastically the amount of people that play on toaster PC's that do nothing else than feeding because they can't see shiet/people that spend more time complaining about "LAAAAAAG" or "FK RITO 4000 PING" than playing. and if they wouldn't reunite both things, the client would say that the computer isn't powerful enough for the game or you can't play because the MS is too high. than, for me the remake window would open if: - the player is still not connected by the time the first minion wave reaches the middle of the lane; - the player goes afk for more than 5 minutes; - the player has too much ms (something like 130 or worst) for more than 5 consecutive minutes.
> [{quoted}](name=FixxeS,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=mGcvAGpA,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-06-22T23:08:19.319+0000) > > I hate when this happens in ranked, I have lost so many games due to someone being afk at some point in the game... > > rito could also make something like a mandatory FPS check every day and a mandatory MS check ping to the server before each game when the player clicks "find match", just that would reduce drastically the amount of people that play on toaster PC's that do nothing else than feeding because they can't see shiet/people that spend more time complaining about "LAAAAAAG" or "FK RITO 4000 PING" than playing. > > and if they wouldn't reunite both things, the client would say that the computer isn't powerful enough for the game or you can't play because the MS is too high. > > than, for me the remake window would open if: > - the player is still not connected by the time the first minion wave reaches the middle of the lane; > - the player goes afk for more than 5 minutes; > - the player has too much ms (something like 130 or worst) for more than 5 consecutive minutes. I don't think we should introduce strict restrictions, but giving people the option to check their ping in-client would be great. When I'm not sure whether my internet is up to the task (it struggles with damp weather or when someone in the house is watching youtube/netflix) I have to start a practice game each time I want to check. Being able to just keep an eye on an indicator in the client would mean I could check it before every game rather than just when I think it might be an issue.
Cypherous (EUW)
: Yeah that isn't how company PR works, they would also need to translate it in to multiple languages and make sure the translation was accurate, considering Iranian and Syrian are probably not on the supported languages list for the client that means they would have to find and hire 2 translators to make sure everything was worded correctly because not everyone in the affected countries speaks english Its not as simple as you would like to think :P
A simple post in English would suffice. Currently, Iranian and Syrian players get an English error message instead so it's not like it's any harder to understand than the current position.
: i cant login omg...riot pls help us..fk this goverment of iran,,,nobody care about my innocent people
Riot is the one blocking you, not Iran.
Cypherous (EUW)
: > Riot is not entirely blameless. They pretty much are, they have no control over laws the US decides to enact they just have to comply > Firstly, they have not announced this at all or responded on the boards, and are just going to keep quiet and hope the majority of the playerbase doesn't notice. Can't really "announce" something they didn't know was coming this fast, despite what people seem to think, riot isn't psychic nor are they a "political" company, they have no idea what changes are coming and they can only respond to things after they have been imposed > Secondly, it's their choice to have their company based in the US. If they were committed to supporting players in every country, they could base their company in a country/block (e.g. the EU) that is less confrontational internationally and doesn't keep putting trade restrictions in place. Yeah that isn't really how it works, they owners are american citizens and the company was founded in america, you can't really just randomly decide to move HQ, not to mention they would still need an office in america in order to facilitate their business there smoothly and the sanctions likely also dictate that if you want to do business with america, which they do, they would have to respect these sanctions, so they wouldn't really have a choice, they are bound by the laws of all the countries they operate in
> Can't really "announce" something they didn't know was coming this fast, despite what people seem to think, riot isn't psychic nor are they a "political" company, they have no idea what changes are coming and they can only respond to things after they have been imposed 'Dear players, due to US-imposed sanctions we are required to restrict access to players based in Syria or Iran. For more info, see [info page from US gov]. We will update you when the situation changes. Love, Riot.' Seems pretty simple to me.
Shamose (EUW)
: What can Riot do? Break the law and face punishment?
Base their company somewhere politically neutral is the obvious answer. Failing that, if they want to be treated as a true sport, they need to make the client/server system of League more freely available. It's a bit of an extreme option, but no one company controls who can get a football, for example.
Shamose (EUW)
: It's not Riot doing anything. Riot is following US laws. Complain about US laws instead.
Riot is not entirely blameless. Firstly, they have not announced this at all or responded on the boards, and are just going to keep quiet and hope the majority of the playerbase doesn't notice. Secondly, it's their choice to have their company based in the US. If they were committed to supporting players in every country, they could base their company in a country/block (e.g. the EU) that is less confrontational internationally and doesn't keep putting trade restrictions in place.
Cypherous (EUW)
: Riot is still an american company, they would still have to comply with the ban
Riot is not entirely blameless. Firstly, they have not announced this at all or responded on the boards, and are just going to keep quiet and hope the majority of the playerbase doesn't notice. Secondly, it's their choice to have their company based in the US. If they were committed to supporting players in every country, they could base their company in a country/block (e.g. the EU) that is less confrontational internationally and doesn't keep putting trade restrictions in place.
: Well thank that us goverment. And Riot needs to follow the law as well... so yeah Syria is banned from League. You could use a vpn to login until that issue is solved- Sry mate
Hat (EUW)
: I played in gold tier last season and it was the absolute worst I ever encountered. I want to be able to review cases in the tribunal again, it made me feel like I could contribute something, and also for giggles in some cases :D
Maybe, just like you have the wrenchmen from the community, you could have volunteers from the community to review cases, and that would prevent abuse of the system, if a rioter reviewed a few cases with them and talked through it afterwards to make sure everyone is on the same page, then after that you could have a jury of 3 of 5 per case.
Hat (EUW)
: Getting some feedback would be nice though, it gives people the idea that they are being heard and will stimulate them to keep an eye out for players who they need to report. Or prevent them from trolling themself.
That's what I liked about the tribunal, you felt like you were actually making some kind of difference, whereas I keep reporting players and meeting more and more toxic players in game, so I don't really feel like anything is getting better. For now I'll just naively believe that as I climb ranked players will get less toxic, also this isn't really that true.
xCillion (EUW)
: Greetings. If he really walked down midlane over and over to die. And he does that frequently, you can be sure that he will face punishment sooner or later. If you report someone eventually that triggers an Investigation of the reported players behaviour, and if there are signs of negative behaviour he will get punished. Usually with restrictions, and in heavy cases bans. The problem nowdays is that even people who just play an uncommon champ get called trolls. So yeah idk.. I for one barely meet flamers/trolls or int. feeders.
He even admitted in post-game chat that he does it whenever he thinks someone on his team is ks-ing
tom98784 (EUW)
: We need a way to deal with trolls in game
Well I know they introduced a feature that gives feedback when your reports are acted on, but either they deactivated it or they haven't been handing out many bans, I meet so many toxic players.
Rioter Comments
mestizò (EUW)
: Requirement to apply for a ranked game
Runes cost so much whilst you're still buying champions, I've played over 300 ranked games and still don't have all the champions I want, or even if I don't want them, I want to be able to first pick them for other people. Unless you make runes/rune pages free I don't think this is a good idea (or keep rune pages paid but just make runes free.) If you did make this a requirement then you would just get people buying the cheapest runes to fill out a T3 rune page. If anything needed changing it would be the champion number imo. In lower ranked there are so many people only can only play 1 position well, partly because they don't have a wide enough range of champions.
: A hotfix is when a new champion or modification to a champion is patched within a few hours of application. A good example would be LeBlanc on release. Ryze has been reworked for a while now so the term is misused.
IMO a hotfix is anything that gets applied between patches, as anything more minor, such as small buffs or nerfs will be added to the next patch, whereas major bugs/total OP will get hotfixed between patches.
: Can we buff Kassadin?
I think rather than giving him more damage maybe give him back some mobility, I still like kassa but he would be more fun/safer if his riftwalk had higher range
Jens Cole (EUNE)
: most of the red posts are in off-topic :)
That's because most of the red posts seem to be rioters in their spare time, rather than community support staff
Eambo (EUW)
: The boards (and before them, forums) were generally for player to player support - if you want a Riot response, you should [submit a request](http://support.leagueoflegends.com). A majority of the complaints here right now are, unfortunately, unanswerable. A majority of them are regarding ghost games and dropped games, which nobody can do anything about right now. Riot have acknowledged that it's an issue and are working on solutions on the back end as best they can, but it sounds like an issue that once they fix one method, another one pops up to do the same thing.
If you say anything to support, for example you suggest a way to help people, their response is 'post it in the forums', where it is ultimately ignored as riot pay little to no attention to us here
: Why can't we have the same godamn updates NA gets?
Yeah, even if they can't fix all these issues right away it would be nice if they would at least engage with us. They say it's because EU has fewer staff, but they still must have quite a lot, or maybe they should send a few NA staff to come check on the forums, as the player base here is really feeling abandoned.
: Huge increase in Drophacks
It would be nice if riot could communicate more about this, or even just send some rioters from NA over to the EU forums to answer some of our questions and respond to our concerns.
: I guess the British people are looking forward to summer
It's raining again :( It's not raining, the plants could do with some rain :( Can't win with us :P
: Thats what riven mains say when they flash out of a bush with acitvated ult to kill that 10% hp support. [All] "REKT" But seriously I think its disrespectful to say this in all chat after getting a kill.
The only time I would say it is acceptable to say to opponents is in a game against friends, or a featured mode like URF. In ranked/normal it is just bad manners.
Unicornqua (EUNE)
: If you see your teammates are not doing good, just end the early game and start grouping before it's too late. Having 13/1 Riven is very late. It's hard as adc, I know, but still, you can't just sit on your lane and ignoring what is going on. You had 5/2 on lane, so tell me, how many dragons you secured while your opponent was dead? How many times you roamed to mid? If you skip mid game, because you are laining until the enemy is super fed, you won't win. You need to start grouping to shut down the enemy. It's a team game for a reason. No matter how bad your teammates are, you can always do something better that can change the outcome of the game. Edit: also, you were 5/2 at lane, took no dragon and didn't die till the 19th minute of the game. How is possible that the enemy bot turret is standing until 26th minute? And your is gone in 16th? This is not how lane dominance looks like. You got the kills, you got some farm, you didn't die. But you didn't get single objective and lost your turret quite soon. Objectives wins the game, not kills.
I have a feeling it was because I was letting them push at me so I could kill them, idk. I'm playing more adc now to try and have more impact on a team level, can try and snowball a duo lane, secure dragons, etc, keep their adc down. (That was the first adc game I had played in a while after a lot of top I think, so pleased with individual farm/kills but not enough objective work.) I'm thinking of keeping a log of the games I play, keep some stats like cs/kda at 10/20/end and try and come up with an improvement of two out of each game to focus on, to keep track of progress, make it obvious what I'm doing wrong and also as a bit of motivation.
: > [{quoted}](name=tom98784,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=hiwz1A2W,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2015-06-01T18:52:39.381+0000) > > I out-farm basically anyone in my games (I main top, bronze 5), and that's just in the laning phase, even against those who should counter me, it's not like I'm ignoring my team to farm. I can play a wide range of champions and can play any lane decently, although I main top, and like AP picks, like lissandra, kassa, cassio. I buy a pink ward now and then, but mostly I play reasonably safe or have someone with high mobility, and jungle intervention is rare, so if I feel at risk I'll get extra ward. I almost always have below-average deaths and above average kda in my team, but the highest I've managed to climb is bronze 4 -_- . I'm a very patient person, never flame, don't tilt much, but it does get frustrating when I can do so well and yet my team often seems to be beyond help - which is why playing support is so frustrating in bronze 5, if you do everything right but your adc can't even farm well. > > (If you check out my match history, recently I've had lag issues (as have most of my team), which sent me from promos back down to 31lp currently, but you should still get an idea of my usual ranked games) I don't know you and i definitely don't want to accuse you on anything, but i think, what you think about yourself is wrong or you simply chose the wrong benchmark to measure yourself. It may be very well true that, you outfarm your opponents regularly, but at what rate? You are comparing yourself to Bronze 5 players, aside from new players probably the worst players in this game (simply statistically, no offense). If you are really way above Bronze 5, which Silver is, you should crush people in lane. And by chrushing i mean being ahead like 30+ CS after 10 minutes. Same goes for the wide range of champions you play decently. Wide ranges, yes. Maybe. But decently? Decently compared to what? Bronze 5 players? If that is you benchmark again, you should change it. Decently means, you can hold yourself in various situations, even against better players. You are simply not a decent player in community terms, when you're doing good against B5 players. Because being better than Bronze 5 doesn't make you Silver player. Almost always above avergae KDA is not a statement i agree with judging your overall stats on all champions. You should take a look at that again. Over the course of all your games there are only a few champions where you have a decent KDA, for example your most played champions are Tryndamere and Jax. Trynda 7.9 kills per game, 7,2 deaths per game , 90cs/average. Jax 8 kills per game, 8.9 deaths per game, 141 cs/average. This shouldn't be the case for the champions you see yourself good at. These are not stats to carry with. And if you are way above Bronze that shouldn't happen either. It seems like you know how to use a lead, but you have no idea how to play from behind because your recent games seem usually overwhelming or complete stomps judging your stats. Again, this is not to bash you in any way. I don't know you as a player, everything i said, could be wrong. But you are in Bronze 5 after 300 games. The system is fairly accurate especially when you give it enough data. And as it is for now, i would definitely make the assumption that you are currently where you belong. If you are bronze after 10, 15, maybe 30 games then it isn't as determined. You might had bad luck. But 300 games is already a lot. If you want specific tips, say so. The tips given here are not wrong, but very macro-oriented. But most of the times players don't even know how to lane, which is the most important thing on top lane.
Even against champions meant to hard counter me I can outfarm them pretty well, idk about the figures @10, but I'm very rarely behind, unless they get a lot of jungle help or really counter me. I'm comparing myself against those I end up playing against because I can't really compare myself to anyone else easily, and climbing ranked is about being better than those around you. Personally I think I focus far too much on laning, without focussing on the map as a whole - I don't make impactful TPs when I'm top (although this is hard in a solo queue team without good communication/when even if you ask people to ward in fights they wont), if I get ahead I stay top and try and punish my lane, if I get behind I stay and safe farm. Essentially, by the time laning ends I'm usually in a good position, but the events in the rest of the map could already have decided a large part of the game. So, my current goal is to be more of a team player, and I've also been playing more adc recently to try and have more of a team impact, and so I'm currently spamming Lucian/graves as they have good damage, work well against most lanes, and have a dash to keep safe or go in for kills :) Just a quick note (or 2), I played a lot of trynd/jax (jungle trynd - hence the lower cs) at the start of the season, and since have moved on, but as I still use jax now and then, and I haven't really spammed 1 champion in the same way since, they're still at the top for me. (Currently playing a lot of AP top, but now focussing adc.) I also had a lot of lag at the start of the season (and periodically now), so I did climb to bronze 4 (such a pro) but then got knocked down to b5 0lp several times.
Unicornqua (EUNE)
: It's always better to pick a champion you are comfortable with than some wierd first time counterpicks. Bronze is all about mastering your champion and mechanic skills. There is no place for strategy or counterpicks. Counterpick works at level where you have very low skill difference between players and playing a counter champion can make a difference. But it's not the case of Bronze and whole low elo, where skill difference between players is huge. Especially in B5. You can outplay your oponent by simple better positioning and landing skillshots. Better timing, better decision making and so on. It's a good thing to know as many champions as possible so they won't suprise you, but such training doesn't belong into rankeds. I'm afraid I don't have much more to advise. I'm not the master or something, but I have experience with Bronze and climbing out. All you need is self-reflection and focusing on less tasks at one time.
I've been trying out a lot, but recently I've done several adc games playing adcs with a dash, and I'm finding them good fun and finding it a lot easier to have an impact, whereas in top lane I tend to just end up sitting there for 20 mins then looking at the carnage across the rest of the map. Definitely going to play some more graves/Lucian I think.
Unicornqua (EUNE)
: You played 42 champions during this season. This is awfully lot. Even from what you wrote, you play too many champions on regular basis to be able to actually master any of them. It's huge difference if you play 10 games or 100 games with a single champ.
Partly that's because if I buy a champion I do a bot game, then try them in ranked (bad habit), and I tend to go for a counterpick if I own them, although it's often better to stick to champions I'm more used to.
Unicornqua (EUNE)
: > I can play a wide range of champions Don't. This is a very common mistake between Bronze players. They think champ pool diversity is important. It's not unless you are in Platinum and higher. For Bronze you need few champs you can master. Pick 2 for every role, 3 for your main. If you have flex picks, even better. That's all you need for most of your games. You don't need to play 40 champs, you need to play champ you are comfortable with as often as possible.
Top - Lissandra (safe), kassa (their team squishy/no escapes), cassio (their team has little cc), sometimes nasus if we need someone more tanky, mundo if need a big tank, ryze for 1v1 (although cassio also does this well) Jungle - Haven't really found my favourite yet, malphite/mundo for tank/cc, jax/yi for damage, still looking for (and saving up for) a jungler I can really carry with Mid - Ahri, Leblanc, Lissandra as a fallback if they're banned (I play AP top a lot, so can use these as a fallback) ADC - Lucian. Jinx if he is banned/picked. Support - Leona, morgana, sona When I said a range I meant a few in each role, rather than 10 top laners and then troll the rest :P
tom98784 (EUW)
: 10/6/3 now, got several shutdowns on their carries
And... we lost anyway, fed TF and riven, xin have tons of stuns and damage
tom98784 (EUW)
: I just came out of laning phase as a 5/2/1 Lucian, and now I'm up against a 13/1/5 riven from top lane...
10/6/3 now, got several shutdowns on their carries
Unicornqua (EUNE)
: I main Support and I was in a Bronze. Seriously, if you are good enough, you will win 4v5 game without troubles. It's not about your teammates. It's about your ability to carry. And by carry I don't mean having bunch of kills, but having impact. Getting advantage of your opponent and use it! People often think that winning a lane is the goal, but it's not. Winning the lane is usless if you can't transfer gained advantage to your team. You won't win by sitting on top. Got some kills? Great, roam, gank, help where you can. If you don't do that, enemy will and your advantage will be gone. I can't tell what exactly you are doing wrong, but you won't get any higher by looking on how bad your teammates are. Your enemies are as bad as your teammates, yet they manage to beat you. Learn from them.
I just came out of laning phase as a 5/2/1 Lucian, and now I'm up against a 13/1/5 riven from top lane...
Unicornqua (EUNE)
: I belive that elo hell exists. But it's not a place, it's state of mind when you feel stuck. And when you feel stuck, you are frutstrated, you play worse and you overreact on small mistakes. Which makes you fall down despite being more skilled than your oponents, simply because you underperform and flame. To escape elo hell all you have to do is change your attitude towards the game and your teammates. Meaning stop focusing on teammates and start focusing on yourself and learn to accept the defeat.
I am great mentally, never flame, get too down, never surrender :P but it does get frustrating when as a support you do a great job but your adc seems to be unable to farm well in even the most passive lane, or as a jungler your lanes all push up and even if you ask them they wont fall back to make them gankable, or if you come out of top lane up in kills or farm, and another lane is so fed that there is barely anything you can do. Elo hell does exist, your teammates can't farm or take advantages, you have so many flamers and afks, that your games become so unpredictable no matter what you do.
halflife39 (EUNE)
: Get out of bronze tips
I out-farm basically anyone in my games (I main top, bronze 5), and that's just in the laning phase, even against those who should counter me, it's not like I'm ignoring my team to farm. I can play a wide range of champions and can play any lane decently, although I main top, and like AP picks, like lissandra, kassa, cassio. I buy a pink ward now and then, but mostly I play reasonably safe or have someone with high mobility, and jungle intervention is rare, so if I feel at risk I'll get extra ward. I almost always have below-average deaths and above average kda in my team, but the highest I've managed to climb is bronze 4 -_- . I'm a very patient person, never flame, don't tilt much, but it does get frustrating when I can do so well and yet my team often seems to be beyond help - which is why playing support is so frustrating in bronze 5, if you do everything right but your adc can't even farm well. (If you check out my match history, recently I've had lag issues (as have most of my team), which sent me from promos back down to 31lp currently, but you should still get an idea of my usual ranked games)
iTobi (EUW)
: Ranked Problem - Sistem of Correction idea
Personally I'd like to see a system where only repeated leavers get punished more - as we've all been victims of the repeated uncontrollable DCs that still plague EUW, where you get suddenly disconnected and then a so called 'firewall error' or you are unable to log back in - conditions completely outside your control. Therefore I propose reducing LP loss for the losing team, and a short grace period for the leaver, after which the leaving penalties keep scaling, along with ranked restrictions etc if this continues. Simply removing more LP from leavers is not enough, as without having some kind of restrictions for frequent leavers/ragequitters B5 will just become an even worse place to be.
Hansiman (EUNE)
: LeaverBuster is designed to handle that as well. If you're not actively participating in the game, running around in your base won't protect you in the slightest.
That's good to know, I had a game where a MF went afk and just ran around the fountain and ulted now and then/taunted us in chat.
Eambo (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=tom98784,realm=EUNE,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=QvxWd4oA,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2015-05-25T21:58:40.127+0000) > > I can log in now, but I have had this issue tonight. This week I also had another game where I got disconnected and couldn't reconnect due to a 'firewall error', despite adding every league related thing to my Norton 360 firewall ruleset 'allow'. After that game I ended up being unable to start games for a bit due to that issue. > > My username is tom98784. My IP is plusnet, and I'm in SW England. I think this was probably the ongoing drophacking issues, as it seems this issue was on EUW. :-(
It only affected me, everyone else in game seemed to be fine.
Eambo (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=tom98784,realm=EUNE,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=QvxWd4oA,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2015-05-25T21:58:40.127+0000) > > I can log in now, but I have had this issue tonight. This week I also had another game where I got disconnected and couldn't reconnect due to a 'firewall error', despite adding every league related thing to my Norton 360 firewall ruleset 'allow'. After that game I ended up being unable to start games for a bit due to that issue. > > My username is tom98784. My IP is plusnet, and I'm in SW England. I think this was probably the ongoing drophacking issues, as it seems this issue was on EUW. :-(
EUW is my main account, for some reason forums started posting with EUNE
tom98784 (EUW)
: I just got the exact same issue, if I manage to rejoin I'll be a level 4 Leona in a late-game scenario... What are the odds of a red being able to shed some light on this?
Got back in, but I was level 5 and everyone else was level 15, probably getting reported by both teams for something completely outside my control.
: Login Connection Error
I just got the exact same issue, if I manage to rejoin I'll be a level 4 Leona in a late-game scenario... What are the odds of a red being able to shed some light on this?
Eambo (EUW)
: Forums are le dead - those errors won't be changed because they're no longer relevant. The boards only exist for viewing old posts, but you can't post or otherwise use them.
It also does it on the main website though
Sianon (EUNE)
: Looking for a Windows 7 LoL theme
It would be great if someone has got a zip folder put together somewhere :)
Karkon (EUNE)
: Add me in game to give you a link cause i'm at work now !
I'm also interested but I'm in EUW so can't add you :/
Rioter Comments

tom98784

Level 83 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion